1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:35 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:The doopraptor is asking questions now?

Indeed the raptor is late following your decree from 1990.

Oops, I wrote it aloud. :shock:

Back to lurking,
Sustainabilizer, preparing something …
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

PS,
yappobiscuits wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:ETA2: I saw Sustainabilizer in the "Who is online?" And I read it as Sustainablitzer instead. Also, some days ago I saw astrocub online.

I do that every time I see their name...

[Bones]I'm a lurker in the present, not a blitzer.[/Bones]

Edit: leopard mustard

Welcome, Sustainabilizer, Revealer the Recent!

And thanks to balthasar_s for throwing the firstpost forward.
ETA:
Decree, reveal yourselves: lurkers, blitzers, and basementees!
Or, just post molpish things!
Last edited by SBN on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:52 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:45 pm UTC

Baobabs, a firstpost! It's been a while! Hi Sustainablitzer :D

mikrit wrote:VITS-sawg-en, yarh!

Got it, thanks! I've been reading it as vits-sarg-en.
He/Him/His Image

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:57 pm UTC

ergman wrote:
Automeme wrote:PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE REVEALER THE RECENT
I wish.
It worked.
balthasar_s wrote:Welcome!
Thanks, Baltazar and everyOTTer for your welcome! :)
balthasar_s wrote:And good luck sustainabilizing the thread! Or world. Or something.
Yes, in that order.
Spoiler:
But that's a secret. Don't tell anyone yet.
Details coming soon. Wait for it.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:02 pm UTC

Birthyip time! :D Now I'm going to molpy down.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Blindposting for birthyip newpage!
Happy Birthyippage, yappobiscuits! Wow, the thread won't have too many more birthyippages, will it? Weird...
Iron SeaWolpy studio update: Despite the rest of the band having never heard of the OTT, we have all taken to using the term "m*stard" rather a lot when ironing out mistakes and things.
Todip, Iron SeaWolpy; Tomorrip, THE WORLD!

SBN wrote:That is probably the easiest OTTish to export. I did tell my daughter she was Yappocized recently. She asked, "Is that your Time-Wizardy stuff?"
I had my eldest read the Question Tennis report - her eyes got larger and larger as she went along, until she finally commented that it contained a lot of in-jokes. I didn't think it had all that many, aside from user-names. Still not sure whether she was laughing at the reporter's tribulations, or the difficulty she had making sense of the whole thing. :shrug:
I'm still just wishing for less life-m*stard.
Sorry they're still going on. :hugs:

yappo wrote:I've been un-yappocised this whole past week thanks to having to be in the studio from 9 to 6, Mon-Fri.
Does that qualify as un-yappocised? Or is it double-plus yappocization?

The reviews are in!
Spoiler:
Aluisio wrote:
Crab wrote:Welcome one and all to the OTT Multi-Timezone Question Tennis International Melee Event of Newpage 1990!
Awefulsome!
Thanks!
BlitzGirl wrote:Loved the OTT Multi-Timezone Question Tennis International Melee Event of Newpage 1990, BlueCrab!
Thank you your Momeness, and thank you for yet another inspiration!
ucim wrote:Treeish Tennis Melee reporting BlueCrab!
:bow: thank you very much!
mrob wrote:Anyway — really great live commentary on the M-TzQTI! I read it aloud for maximum effect :D
It is best that way, isn't it?
This was lots of fun to write :D I'm pretty sure the unheard voice is named Nigel, but I kind of think our poor commentator is named Nigel, too. They've been snarky to each other for yips. :azule:
Thank you, everymolpy!

Time to make a teeth-gritting effort to not comment on every post, or I'll never ketchup. Again. :roll:

Except that this one needs it.
Spoiler:
Nice wrap-shot, Megan!
Did anymolpy ever compare Lucky's tail movements to those of a live bigcat? Seems to me a hunting cat's tail is straighter than that during a leap. And Lucky really does tear into Cue's bag. It'd be lousy if xe was just a hungry domestikitty and xe got thwapped for xis efforts :?

HES wrote:
azule wrote:Some examples include: "HOTDOGGING A WOWTREE", "DEMUSTARDING LITTLEST BANGS BROTHER", "THWAPPING HES", and "WAITING FOR BRICK".
I can think of meanings of all of those, but I'm not going to repeat them.
Why? There's ‘Having a really great tree-climbing session,’ ‘Smacking your little brother on the head because he's a pain,’ ‘Slapping your hamp...’ Oh, uh - ‘Sitting there wai...’ Um, never mind... :oops:

adnapemit wrote:Birthyip Newpage Party Time!!!
Ooh, cake! Hmphy Birtfhyup newpjj, adnapemit! :gulp: Thanks for the cake!

azule wrote:...Or didn't care (about BC's iPhone)
No rudeness detected, it's all good!
Neat question tennis summary, BC. And on another subject, I think I'm going with Baby Blue Baobabby for my baby's molpy style nickname. That's baby blue the color, btw.
Heh, I thought about quoting you as BlueFoxDaddy the other dip. Great minds!

Doop, time to go back Outside...
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:12 pm UTC

SBN wrote:Cuegan's nights?
Spoiler:
Night sky reflected in Salar de Uyuni, a large salt flat in Bolivia
Baobabishly wingish! It looks like a watercolor painting.

Welcome Sustainabilzer! And yes, I read that as Sustainablitzer too. I mean... what else could it be?

And Soup too - welcome back! Also bachaddict, ronaldkr, Spaceman Spiff (whose name I had always read as "Spaceman Stiff"), ... and anybody I missed.

mikrit wrote:Swedish grammar is horribly irregular. But I ought to molpy down now. GOD NATT, ALLA UTTRAR!
... which raises the question: What is the properOne True way to translate "OTTer"? Do we go for the animal and forget about the One True Thread, or do we reacronymize the OTT first?

Sustainabilizer wrote:Details coming soon. Wait for it.
We're good at that. :)

I'm sad to say that I ran into some heresy on Another Thread... seems that cellocgw considers himself (or herself) a "former" OTTer. (sheds a tear). Is there not enough chocolate any more? Is our basement too cosy? Enquiring minds need to know!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Soup

Postby Soup » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:58 pm UTC

Hi, Jose and Blitzgirl!
ucim wrote:I'm sad to say that I ran into some heresy on Another Thread... seems that cellocgw considers himself (or herself) a "former" OTTer. (sheds a tear). Is there not enough chocolate any more? Is our basement too cosy? Enquiring minds need to know!

I noticed this in an Otherthread, too. Part of what prompted my return... sniff.

And I am way intrigued to look into this Timey Wimey Tennis thing of NP1990 by BlueCrab
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

Eternal Density

CH*RPING OVARIES, HOW DO THEY WORK?

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:09 pm UTC

Is Swedish different with an OTTish accent?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2300

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:10 pm UTC

UNGRATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WOW - SO DIP - MANY MOUNTAINISH - SUCH ONGING - VERY KEYBOARD - MUCH AWESOMEFUL - SEA IS BIG

-- posted by oldpixbot

Soup

Postby Soup » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:13 pm UTC

Soup wrote:And I am way intrigued to look into this Timey Wimey Tennis thing of NP1990 by BlueCrab

It's now on NP1991
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1314

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:30 am UTC

MULTILONGUALLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:41 am UTC

I either forgot or missed it in the first place: where's BraveBean's notebook?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1315

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:30 am UTC

LARONGECTOMY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:42 am UTC

*Opiboble rises from a long slumber*
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:44 am UTC

Opiboble! Welcome back! Molpish to see you again! Much has happened in your absence, and as you can see, Waiting For It is richly rewarded. Ketchup or condiment at your leisure; we've never forgotten you!

Oh, and we learned the cave is small. Ni ni ni chupacabra ping pong ball!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 am UTC

ucim wrote:Opiboble! Welcome back! Molpish to see you again! Much has happened in your absence, and as you can see, Waiting For It is richly rewarded. Ketchup or condiment at your leisure; we've never forgotten you!

Jose

*Bows deeply* Thank you for the warm welcome back to the land of the waiting. Any suggestions on times I should visit first? I am overwhelmed by my return from the land of nothing.
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:54 am UTC

Opiboble wrote:Any suggestions on times I should visit first? I am overwhelmed by my return from the land of nothing.
BlitzReports are a good start - you can find many of them in the Holy Gospels (though those are mostly the completed blitzes, and karhell's wanderings are not there yet (search "kerhell's wanderings" in the forum), but that should be just about right). balthasar_s and mrob27 come to mind as in-progress blitzers who are posting gospel; they are probably behind you though. They both have bots that report to them from the present too.

Check out the awesome MysteryOngs; their origin has been revealed (but I won't tell you that, in case you want to experience Time After Time in its proper time after Time). Best way to find them is to search "Posted by newpixbot"; some are ninja'd but you can fill in from mscha's viewer.

I'm skipping lots of treeish stuff because it's way past coma time, even for yappocised molpies. But at least that should get you started.

And of course, should you feel a great void, one that can only be filled by drinking fully from the One True Thread of Time, your journey will be baobabish!

Oh... and stay away from anything that promises "cookies". It is a heretical hotdog. A Sacred, Ottified version will follow, if you keep to the First Commandment.

Jose

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 am UTC

LUNGWAYFROMTHERE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time Revisited - np2307

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:10 am UTC

STATEMUNGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:404 - SQUIRPY NOT FOUND

-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:33 am UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:404 - SQUIRPY NOT FOUND

Redundant:
Spoiler:

1617_404.png

1617_040.png
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Squirpy not found?!

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:45 am UTC

Steakish, ZoomanSP!

Image A seaish welcome to Sustainabilizer, Revealer the Recent!

Opiboble wrote:*Opiboble rises from a long slumber*
Molpy up! Image It's awesomeful to see you again, Opiboble!

BlueCrab wrote:Did anymolpy ever compare Lucky's tail movements to those of a live bigcat? Seems to me a hunting cat's tail is straighter than that during a leap. And Lucky really does tear into Cue's bag. It'd be lousy if xe was just a hungry domestikitty and xe got thwapped for xis efforts :?

Not extensively. Most of the upthread discussion on Lucky's tail position was after she had tackled Cueball.
Spoiler:
FullOfIt wrote:Image

Soup wrote:
ucim wrote:I'm sad to say that I ran into some heresy on Another Thread... seems that cellocgw considers himself (or herself) a "former" OTTer. (sheds a tear). Is there not enough chocolate any more? Is our basement too cosy? Enquiring minds need to know!

I noticed this in an Otherthread, too. Part of what prompted my return... sniff.

Well, there isn't really a clause that says OTTers that have been basemented have to stay in the basement. They can leave whenever they like...even if it's not back into the OTT. :(

mikrit wrote:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:That's molpish! I mean, endish. I mean, molpendish?

The song did turn out more endish than I had expected, but when I had found the rhyme, it took charge and forced me to write the rest.

IN OTTIFICATION-LAND, THE RHYMES CONTROL YOU.

Some of us, at least. -
But maybe it isn't so sad for Cueball: what does he remember from childhood? Just a rock in the middle of a salty plain of nothingness.

That's true. Maybe he'll find a new salty plain of nothingness to cuddle somewhere. Image
Also, thank you very much for the Swedish lesson on VITSSÅGARNA, JA!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:21 am UTC

Whizbang wrote:
azule wrote:Whizbang is speaking in Whizbang quotes. I wonder what he was trying to say.

Whizbang wrote:Nothing of importance or cleverness. Just trying to get back into the swing of things. The OTT has moved on quite a bit since I last read more than a post or two every other week.

Also, I thought those quotes were relevant.
Every day with us is Time travel. Welcome back!

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1316

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:30 am UTC

IMBRONGLES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 am UTC

Opi! So glad to see you! It's a much slower thread than when you molpied down - about a newpage a day. The wiki's not especially up to date on many things, so if you have any questions about anything, just ask. :)

I kinda don't want to spoil anything in case you want to blitz, but if you want to hang out in the present and read the occasional pastpage here and there, I'm sure lots of us can point you to some of our favourite bits.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

azule
Saved

BlindPost NP1994 is for remembing Kurt Cobain

Postby azule » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:38 am UTC

Opi, hi. (Stealing ggh's short because spelling). I love seeing the basementers come back.

AluisioASG wrote:Why do you think I like colder climates (besides “no sweating” and “you can always put on more clothes, but you can't take your skin out”)?
I sometimes agree with that. But I get a bit achy in my joints. And putting my fingers out in the cold to type is not fun (and doesn't work with gloves). I prefer perfectly mild.
And thanks for the razzlemonberry.

BlitzGirl wrote:I don't have a metaphorsaw, so you're safe. :wink: Metaphors and similes are generally more insightful and worthwhile than puns, anyway (at least in my opinion).
Damn. I'm not good at punning. :(

*cough* I see that Lucky could also be named Brave. Maybe it depends on your friendliness toward it. Megan thinks the keyboard is Lucky, Cueball Brave.

EoM, I didn't see your new avatar get mentioned. It appears to be an Earthling on Mars. Details?

TMI back to Link:
Spoiler:
I really don't think you want to steambottle what you are putting into the toilet. Okay, okay...probably shouldn't get too blue here. EEEK.

SBN called it. Congrats. "He lied there for days", does that mean we know more of the timeline here?

HES, did you really make that awesomeful ice cream raft castle, that quick? I know you're a sneaky molpy...

Apparently everyone has heard of Sustainabilizer. I hadn't. Welcome!
Oh, it seems I wasn't there yet. That was confusing.

ggh - EEEK! A MOUSLPY! *ICK* SPIDER? *leaves*
*reads more anyways* *sigh* Yeah, I wish I could never sleep.

mrob - Thanks for fixing the euphemism meme! Genius addition (simple and effective). I've been working on OTToMeme, but haven't uploaded in a while. I already feel jealous that your version will have this meme before mine does. *pouty face* lol :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Postby bachaddict » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:23 am UTC

MistyCat wrote:
bachaddict wrote:I wonder what factors are involved in producing a majority of 20-30 year old OTTers. My birthyip was two newpages ago and my birthdip just three wips ago.

Nice to see a fellow Christchurchian posting. If your location is accurate, you must have had worse earthquake damage than I had.
I had another meeting with CERA (Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority) today; my new changed postponed amended emended modified altered replacement date for house repairs is October 6th 2014. Probably.

Does the OTTer map work just from IPs? I wasn't living in town when the quakes happened, but my IP location would have been the same.

BlitzGirl wrote:Image Hello to bachaddict, ronaldkr, Spaceman Spiff, and Soup! It's awesomeful to see you xuys!
And happy first birthdip to Little Bean!

It's awesomeful to be greeted so enthusiastically :D

*relurks until NP2000*
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 am UTC

bachaddict wrote:I wonder what factors are involved in producing a majority of 20-30 year old OTTers. My birthyip was two newpages ago and my birthdip just three wips ago.

Maybe the young ones just post their ages more. My birthyip went by unremarked, but I noted, sort of obliquely, my wedding yip, which falls, as of today, precisely in the center of that 20-30 year range.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 am UTC

bachaddict wrote:
MistyCat wrote:

Nice to see a fellow Christchurchian posting. If your location is accurate, you must have had worse earthquake damage than I had.
I had another meeting with CERA (Canterbury Earthquake Recovery Authority) today; my new changed postponed amended emended modified altered replacement date for house repairs is October 6th 2014. Probably.

Does the OTTer map work just from IPs? I wasn't living in town when the quakes happened, but my IP location would have been the same.

Not just IPs. I clicked "Add yourself to the map," then added myself to the map without anything automatic happening.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

mscha

Time Revisited - np2312

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:10 am UTC

APPRIZUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WITH VATICAN MILLINER'S PERFECT CUSTOMERS LIKE THESE, WHO NEEDS ONGS?

-- posted by oldpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 am UTC

Welcome back all unbasementees! We missed you!
Welcome sustainabilizer!

And new ni, ni's:
Sandish: dangerous
Caveish: small

And I am a few steps nearer to having my own apartment! This place will have working Time access!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

HES

1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:01 pm UTC

Nice to see another old face return :D Hi Opiboble!
Been reading your name wrong, as usual. Who's Obibople?

azule wrote:HES, did you really make that awesomeful ice cream raft castle, that quick? I know you're a sneaky molpy...

Sneaky, yes. Molpy, yes. But not a sneaky molpy this time, just some raptorish ctrl+v'ing

bachaddict wrote:Does the OTTer map work just from IPs? I wasn't living in town when the quakes happened, but my IP location would have been the same.

Slightly ninjad, but no, it is a manual input. To move a point you just re-enter the same name somewhere else.

I'd be worried if IP locating was so specific. The marker for "Simba (HES)" is above my old desk.

SBN wrote:Maybe the young ones just post their ages more. My birthyip went by unremarked, but I noted, sort of obliquely, my wedding yip, which falls, as of today, precisely in the center of that 20-30 year range.

Congratulations SBN and MSWFP!
Spoiler:
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-1317

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

NONBEONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1317

Postby SBN » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:54 pm UTC

mscha wrote:NONBEONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Everymolpy, shhh! She's spotted us!

Thanks, HES.

Some Ways to Time

mrob27

MY Q04B JUST DEMUSTARDED ME; M**STARD WAS SO SANDISH

Postby mrob27 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:28 pm UTC

第十ー章

(chapter 10)

HES squeaks with glee. "Your arrival was quite Lucky, great ninja-pilgrim... uhhh..."
    "Morobu. And no ninja, just a cautious pilgrim to the Dojo of Searchfu."
    "Thank you, most honorable and dangerous pilgrim Morobu-san."
    The raptorcat thanks Morobu also: "どうもありがとう. I have been on a quest, seeking 大きなタイル, the fabled great Tiles. Being caught in this trap I was beginning to think I would never make it. Now my quest can continue!"
    Morobu smiles. "I'm on my way up the mountain, seeking the Dojo of Searchfu. Perhaps you'd like to come with me? I'm sure they can help you learn how to find the 大きなタイル!"
    The raptorcat frowns. "No, Morobu-san, I cannot join you on your journey."
    "Why not?"
    "Because this is a different story. If I joined you in your quest towards 富士山学校検索技能, you would be the main character in 'The Time-Wizard of OTTs'. But she wears a pink feather boa and a flag-adorned sandcastle hat. And indeed, it is ブリッツ女の子 I a-Wait."
    "Ah, I see your point. Yes, I am not she, and I am not off to seek the Time-Wizard. So then I wish you well on your quest. 旅立ちの大吉!"
    "Thank you Morobu-san."
    Morobu turns to HES. "How about you, little hamplymolpy?"
    "I actually live here in these quiet woods," replies the hamply, "I was just out on my daily search for ginnan nuts, when I saw the trap and started making those (mustardy) signs. So I shall remain here — but I can advise you, if you wish to continue up the Mountain you'd best stay to this side of the stream. I can handle the other side easily, but the rocks would be pretty treacherous for someone as big as you."
    "Indeed I will. Thank you HES!"

little Script Update

After who-knows-how-many OtherComics where I have to keep doing "view source" to read the mouseover text, and What-Ifs where I had started using some crufty bookmarklet, I have finally made a userscript called xkcd-show-alt-text that displays the 'mouseover text' below xkcd and What-If images.

OTTishness

mikrit wrote: ...
Some grammar:
   Punsaw = VITSSÅG
   The punsaw = VITSSÅGEN
   Punsaws = VITSSÅGAR
   The punsaws = VITSSÅGARNA

And make the genitive by adding an S, but no apostrophe please:
   The teeth of the punsaw = VITSSÅGENS TÄNDER

I looked for something equivalent to the indefinite article in English, and I got:

A punsaw = EN VITSSÅG
   ... her punsaw = ... HENNE VITSSÅG

Just checking to see if this is right. If so, it means I can probably get away with "BLITZGIRL HAS A VITSSÅG" rather than "... EN VITSSÅG" since the A is one-for-one translated to EN, and likewise for the posessive pronoun HER. But I'd like to make sure. AUTOMOMEs want to know :mrgreen:

Image     Image       Image
MOLPEN TOG HENNE VITSSÅG. MROB27 SPRINGER IVÄG.

azule wrote: mrob - Thanks for fixing the euphemism meme! Genius addition (simple and effective). I've been working on OTToMeme, but haven't uploaded in a while. I already feel jealous that your version will have this meme before mine does. pouty face lol :)

If it's any consolation, I haven't done any of the other changes either... like putting the five types of verbs together, or even adding the other half of the xkcd-based memes in your version. Q04B and Morobu have been a little more compelling. So our AUTOMEMEs drift in different directions which is the way it should be ni ni ni に に チュパカブラ 乒乓球.

SBN wrote:
bachaddict wrote: I wonder what factors are involved in producing a majority of 20-30 year old OTTers. ...

Maybe the young ones just post their ages more. ...

Maybe they respond to surveys more too. See @patzer's age survey linked from OTT:460:26. Survey results as of last September are in my travelogue, which I'll repeat here:

Code: Select all

OTTer age survey poll results as of 20130926:

14  1
          15  4
          16  3
          17  10
          18  10
          19  13
          20  12
          21  11
          22  7
          23  12
       24-25  34
       26-27  17
       28-30  23
       31-35  42
       36-40  11
       41-45  9
       46-50  10
       51-55  11
       56-60  10
       61-70  6
       71-80  0
 81 or older  2
       total  259

In the Time since then the total has increased to 272. The dropoff in numbers above age 35 is pretty obvious even without making a graph.

... just kidding. Of course I made a graph :mrgreen:

11-15 xxxxxx
 16-20 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 21-25 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 26-30 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 31-35 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 36-40 xxxxxxxxxxx
 41-45 xxxxxxxxx
 46-50 xxxxxxxxxx
 51-55 xxxxxxxxxxx
 56-60 xxxxxxxxxx
 61-65 xxxx
 66-70 xx
 71-75
 76-80
 81-85 x
 86-90 x

Neil_Boekend wrote: And new ni, ni's:
Sandish: dangerous
Caveish: small

In the true spirit of ni ni ni に に ..., I'll continue using caveish to mean "dangerous" or "frightening"... but in AUTOMEME the interpretation is up to the reader, they're both just [adjective]s. It might make a difference in @Link's new revisions, where words are being classified in more ways than before.

mrob27 Image
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:56 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: BlindPost NP1994 is for remembing Kurt Cobain

Postby Earthling on Mars » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:29 pm UTC

azule wrote:EoM, I didn't see your new avatar get mentioned. It appears to be an Earthling on Mars. Details?

It's from this thread in Forum Games, and previously from here. I'll probably change it back to my usual one eventually.

Sustainabilizer

Re: MY Q04B JUST DEMUSTARDED ME; M**STARD WAS SO SANDISH

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:52 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:After who-knows-how-many OtherComics where I have to keep doing "view source" to read the mouseover text, and What-Ifs where I had started using some crufty bookmarklet, I have finally made a userscript called [I'm not yet allowed to quote URLs, sorry] that displays the 'mouseover text' below xkcd and What-If images.

RELATED: What-If references have been mustarded for me for some Time now. I'm using this

@-moz-document domain(what-if xkcd com)
{
  .refbody
  {
    position: static ! important;
  }
}

in my ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/chrome/userContent dot css file to make them appear as white boxes between the lines.
And while we are at it, I am using this

@-moz-document domain(forums xkcd com)
{
  div
  {
    display: block ! important;
  }
}

to open all spoilers in the OTT.
(Please insert dots in the two xkcd-related URLs in the code above. I had to take them out to avoid my post being flagged as spam.)
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:16 pm UTC

New people!
Old people!
Woohoo.
I'm still feeling pretty unmolpish (sick, and right as summer begins) so I haven't read or posted much. Just saying hello
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

moody7277

Re: Time After Time: t1i-1316

Postby moody7277 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:00 pm UTC

mscha wrote:IMBRONGLES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

I'm thinking Megan still has some unresolved anger issues from Zanclean II: Mediterranean Bogaloo
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2316

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

TRIPHTHUNGAL...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:OH GLR HOW DID WIPS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH WOOLPIES

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

Image Feel better, ergman!
Ooh, thanks for reviving the age survey, mrob! That's still quite interesting.

moody7277 wrote:I'm thinking Megan still has some unresolved anger issues from Zanclean II: Mediterranean Bogaloo

Oh no, bog puns. Image
Here's your scrumptious donut:
Spoiler:

(It's a green tea donut, apparently.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”