1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Helper - Alas, I have no idea what the word for mirror-symmetric writing would be. MSW could be used, except it brings nightmare images of Microsoft Word. And no, google is not known for witty observations on anybody's musings. 'tis more fun to post. As for a word overdose, I offer mooghost... from the FrenchAncient Beanish pronuncation of "mot" ("word"), and what the word becomes when you've heard it too much.
Jose

'Round these parts MSW usually refers to a certain Middle-Sized Wolpy. At the moment though, I'm far from my wolpies, currently with GHW and GHWFP.

MySelfIsI wrote:If someone is seeing who is coming to the meet up I might be coming. I even want to come. Sorry if I am interrupting something.

Treeish! That's a good kind of interruption.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:07 pm UTC

SBN wrote:At the moment though, I'm far from my wolpies, currently with GHW and GHWFP.

Wow, SBN, you hang out with former presidents and their family?

azule
Saved

Re: HELLO? YES, THIS IS OTTSCAR

Postby azule » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:42 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Is this ever going to work?
Maybe google doesn't see a fox, but just a simple cloud. ;) I better get to work on version 2.0 where I add whiskers to my fox. (Google is a tough art critic. :( )

Thanks for the help, balthasar.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

NI NI NI NI BAOBAB [SPOILER]

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:50 pm UTC

micdi wrote:I found HES sneaking into old literature!

some old book wrote:However we was hamply reckompensed by the most wunderful site as
praps was hever seen in the shape of humberellers. Heverybody had one,
and heverybody put it hup, so, as my better harf poetically expressed
it, it was xacly like a most butiful field of henormous mushrooms a
hopening out theirselves to the morning hair!

No idea what he's trying to do there, though.

Well, let's see. The "most wunderful site" obviously refers to the OTT. Things in the shape of mushrooms looking like "a most butiful field of henormous mushrooms" could refer to the wowtrees, and yappo is his OTTer half, which here HE'S referring to as his "better harf." So, he and yappo were on the OTT and saw the wowtrees, and it was wingish. Makes perfect sense. HEs really needs to work on his spelling, though.

Thanks for the ASCIIwolp!

Oh, and two more names I thought of: MooseAnus and freezeblade.

Helper wrote:For a long time, I didn't know the correct pronunciation of "palindrome". And I thought the "m" was an "n".

Rationally, I know that nobody would remember such a trivial detail of a conversation so far in the past; but the rations in my head don't prevent my heart from worrying that people continue to wonder about that one kid who once talked about the former governor of Alaska and unmanned RC aircraft.

Hahahahaha. Helper, I love this post. So good to have you posting again. Actually, I think we spent more time not OTTIng at the same time than we did OTTIng at the same time, so I don't even know if you remember me, but we sure remembered you!

bachaddict wrote:I wanted to make something for XKCDSW, but this was easier.
cloud.png

Steakish!

Earthling on Mars wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
Spoiler:
Eternal Density wrote:
azule wrote:ED - Thanks for checking for my donut. It must be created now. Thems the rules.

Steakish!Dear Google image search indexer: show this image when people search for "donut eating a fox", m'kay?

Huh.

donut_eating_fox_2.png

Is this ever going to work?

Google [Bot] is not doing xis job correctly.

Oooh, your sig has other names in it that I don't know if are on the list yet. Guess I should check the wiki page to see.

ucim wrote:
quoting someone replying on an otherforum, Eternal Density wrote:I also feel like I should beat you repeatedly with live trout for that pun.
Google comes up empty. What otherforum? And it shouldn't be a live trout, but rather, an herring!

Good for chopping down trees also.

ucim wrote:MSW could be used, except it brings nightmare images of Microsoft Word.

All it makes me thing of is Middle-Sized Wolpy. D'aww!
Ninja's on that by SBN, of course.

MySelfIsI wrote:If someone is seeing who is coming to the meet up I might be coming. I even want to come. Sorry if I am interrupting something.

Well, you're interrupting some general silliness, I suppose, but that's never a problem. :D That's great that you'll be there! I hope I will...

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:22 pm UTC

Molpish OTTercomic, bachaddict!
The wiki page for the conference is a good idea, Sustainabilizer.
Yay, I hope you can go, MySelfIsI! No interruption at all. :wink:

Sustainabilizer wrote:ETA2: For decree: Okay, the above was an ASCII raptor. Have an ASCII molpy, too:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

_/o"\ __    _=
`––_ ¯ , ¯/¯
   />¯ \ <
  ¯    .>>
(The molpishness of this molpy depends on the font. Normally I'd use only 7-bit ASCII and thus “-” instead of “–” and “~” instead of “¯”, but in the forum that just looks epsilonish.)

You're a molpy! \ :mrgreen: /

ZoomanSP wrote:BlitzGirl, against a #ffffff sky, they might see #000000 storm clouds. But against a #000000 sky, they probably need the help of the stupid skycircle to see anything at all. :P

Whoops, I mixed up my sky and my semencoffeecancercustardbaconstarsandbabiesonice!

Skysemencoffeecancercustardbaconstarsandbabiesonice!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sustainabilizer

Bicycles After Time: bftf-0439

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:24 pm UTC

BUT IT WORKED FOR THE OBJECT GENERATOR ONGLINE INTERFACE!
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

THE GLR IS A TIME LORD AND THE HILLS IS XIS TARDIS

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:BUT IT WORKED FOR THE OBJECT GENERATOR ONGLINE INTERFACE!
Spoiler:

Hey, are the orange dot and orange blob on the right side of the balthaONG mustard, or something more? I tried ENHANCING, which is my case meant making it bigger, but I couldn't tell.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

othered

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:07 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
quoting someone replying on an otherforum, Eternal Density wrote:I also feel like I should beat you repeatedly with live trout for that pun.
Google comes up empty. What otherforum? And it shouldn't be a live trout, but rather, an herring!

http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ ... rm.316505/
Or for more discussion, http://forums.sufficientvelocity.com/th ... orm.11017/
Unmolpishness warning: my writing as been described as "impressively cruel" and me as "kinda terrifying", even by the standards of the story I'm basing this on (a web serial novel called Worm, which is dark.)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:34 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote: Things in the shape of mushrooms looking like "a most butiful field of henormous mushrooms" could refer to the wowtrees...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

Manip1508PurpleMushrooms.png

Keywords: manip mushroom baobab wowtree tree purple fungus wow BGUM
redundant259.png
redundant259.png (155.55 KiB) Viewed 25575 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

DON'T HATE ME BECAUSE I'M WINGISH

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote: Things in the shape of mushrooms looking like "a most butiful field of henormous mushrooms" could refer to the wowtrees...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

Manip1508PurpleMushrooms.png

Keywords: manip mushroom baobab wowtree tree purple fungus wow BGUM
redundant259.png

:lol: Should have known you'd come through with an image, BlitzGirl, and a steakish one at that.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

I THWAPPED AN OVARY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:47 pm UTC

I was gonna post a pic of hens and mushrooms but all I could find was chicken cooked with mushrooms. (Between the nopices of 1AM and 9AM (which is in a quarter nopix), internet traffic isn't counted, so I enable images for the mornip.)
(Disclaimer: I didn't thwap an ovary actually.)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

lmjb1964

¡THIS C**KIE IS DEMUSTARDING ME!

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:50 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:(Disclaimer: I didn't thwap an ovary actually.)

Good, 'cause, ow. actually, I don't know if the ovaries themselves have nerve ending, but the stuff around them sure does. :shock:

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:59 pm UTC

Sounds like a euphemism that you shouldn't think too hard about
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:01 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Hey, are the orange dot and orange blob on the right side of the balthaONG mustard, or something more? I tried ENHANCING, which is my case meant making it bigger, but I couldn't tell.
From the way he makes them (scanned and processed pen and ink on folded paper), I'd say it's inconsequential mustard. But certainly keep an eye on it. Could be a zombie.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

lmjb1964

I FIND YOUR LACK OF NEWPIXBOTS DISTURBING

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:13 pm UTC

HES wrote:Sounds like a euphemism that you shouldn't think too hard about

:?

ucim wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Hey, are the orange dot and orange blob on the right side of the balthaONG mustard, or something more? I tried ENHANCING, which is my case meant making it bigger, but I couldn't tell.
From the way he makes them (scanned and processed pen and ink on folded paper), I'd say it's inconsequential mustard. But certainly keep an eye on it. Could be a zombie.

Jose

Zombies? Oh, hell no.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

taixzo

Re: Time Randomly Revisited - np3062

Postby taixzo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:19 pm UTC

mscha wrote:PARONGS...
Spoiler:
RUN.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO? YES, THIS IS HERESY

-- posted by randompixbot

I read this as "Don't break the pipe!"
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

lmjb1964

I HAS A BICYCLE. YOU CAN HAS MY BICYCLE.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 pm UTC

Hey, taixzo, we're almost post-count buddies! lmjbot has certainly helped boost my postrate (as opposed to prostrate, mind you).

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ChronosDragon

I SUSTAINABILIZED _ALL_ THE NEEDLE-PULLED THINGS

Postby ChronosDragon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:52 am UTC

Thanks for the kind words regarding my prose, everyone. But remember, I'm merely an imperfect messenger; a mute herald of the world's everlasting decree.

Also I have to write 20,000 words for NaNoWriMo for English class, and they only seem to come together when I'm on the OTT. Easier to keep it up with constant encouragement, I suppose.

The Case of the Little River has somehow migrated to my own personal Project Basement, a dark land filled with unfinished experiments and the forgotten detritus of years of moderately fruitful free time. I'll see if I can dig it out sometime soon, but that definitely won't happen until many of my words are spent on the infernal labors of college essay writing.

At least I'm finally nearing the 19th century. Interesting things will have started happening then.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:08 am UTC

slinches wrote:
SBN wrote:At the moment though, I'm far from my wolpies, currently with GHW and GHWFP.

Wow, SBN, you hang out with former presidents and their family?

No.

Are our cats on the list? Misty, Ginger, etc.?

Today was a long day, but I'm half-way-ish back to my wolpies. (And, of course, MSWFP.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:18 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:The Case of the Little River has somehow migrated to my own personal Project Basement, a dark land filled with unfinished experiments and the forgotten detritus of years of moderately fruitful free time.

Oh, I have one of those too. Many, many stories lurk in its depths. Only occasionally does one emerge, sometimes mutated beyond recognition, creeping slowly out of the darkness.

I thought about doing NaNoWriMo this year but November is always a terrible month for me to try (birthdips, travel, holidips, etc.) so I usually do my own January version.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:47 am UTC

RESEMBLONGCE...
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

dan_dassow

Postby dan_dassow » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:18 am UTC

How would one introduce the topic into this thread of the newly announced title of Star Wars: Episode VII without having that discussion be off topic and how would I escape the slings an arrows of outrageous fortune that would surely follow if I were so foolish as to suggest this as a relevant topic in this thread? Was the previous sentence sufficiently meta and convoluted? If not, how would I make it sufficiently convoluted to satisfy your criteria for convolution? :D

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:06 am UTC

A+ on convolution!

We've had so many topics at this point that I don't think we even have an "off-" designator anymore. If we ever had one, it's broken. Since it's all RELATED, it's all relevant.

On the introduced topic:
Spoiler:
Why was the Force acoma in the first place? I mean, you'd think it'd be awake all the Time.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:09 am UTC

For dan_dassow:
Spoiler:
RSIR:
Spoiler:
Time_Ep_VII.png
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:25 am UTC

Wow. I've been gone... a long time.
JESUS CHRIST I JUST CHECKED AND IT'S BEEN THIRTEEN AND A HALF MONTHS
I might be back again, now that college has given me a chance to breathe.
THAT'S... THAT'S A REALLY LONG TIME
Expect posts to be not the most frequent, unless I stop sleeping.
LIKE, A REALLY REALLY LONG TIME
Anyways, the thing that drew me back here is that in August "Time" won a Hugo award for Best Graphic Story! That's kind of a big thing!
HOW HAS IT BEEN THAT LONG? I FEEL LIKE WE REACHED "THE END" THIS SPRING
So yeah. You guys probably all knew that already, but I just found it out and was filled with memories.
I GUESS IT MUST HAVE BEEN THE YEAR BEFORE THAT.
So yeah. I'm back. Hi, I guess.
OKAY I'LL TRY TO CALM DOWN NOW
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:10 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:Wow. I've been gone... a long time.

Mr. 9000. It's a pleasure. Please, feel free to rejoin us. Refreshments are on the tables along the walls. Take a moment to enjoy our fine art gallery perhaps, or recline yourself in our library full of many RELATED works. The music you hear playing softly in the background is a selection from the discography of our own resident musicians. Tea, perhaps? Or is champagne more to your taste this evening? A molpy will be along shortly to assist you in case you have need of selecting a direction of movement.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:18 am UTC

Callooh, callay! What a wowterous season of debasementeeing! I don't think I spelled anything correctedly!

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Hugo_Award

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:20 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:LIKE, A REALLY REALLY LONG TIME

Not to worry. Time flows differently here.
Welcome back! It's awesomeful to see you again!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

jovialbard

Re: I SUSTAINABILIZED _ALL_ THE NEEDLE-PULLED THINGS

Postby jovialbard » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:08 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Also I have to write 20,000 words for NaNoWriMo for English class, and they only seem to come together when I'm on the OTT. Easier to keep it up with constant encouragement, I suppose.

Hey, cool, I'm kinda trying to do NaNoWriMo this month too. I just heard about it earlier this year as I was watching the entire back catalog of vlogbrother's videos. What is it about OTTers and obsessively blitzing things? Although, considering I only have 300 words so far, I'm not off to a great start, but I also didn't plan very well so most of my planning was in the first week. Okay, I really need to get back to... or maybe just start... writing now.

HAL9000 wrote:...unless I stop sleeping.

That's actually how I plan on doing this NaNoWriMo thing alongside the classes I'm taking and baby I'm raising and videos I'm making and work I'm working. Well, not stop sleeping, just sleeping less. It's called polyphasic sleep and I've gone from needing about 9 hours a night to about 5 or 6. An extra 3 hours a day is nothing to sneeze at. Ultimately it's pretty manageable and there hasn't been much downside except severe crankiness if I miss my naps.

Anyway, I really need to disappear into a stream of words for a while. Do you think I can write 2000 words in the next two hours before my morning sleep cycle? Here's hoping...
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Eternal Density

HELLO, I'M MOROBU. BASICALLY, POST!

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:45 am UTC

Boababs, another unbasementing! Hi HAL!

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about that upcoming movie, and didn't know that the name was revealed. I'm not particularly interested, and probably won't be until Darths and Droids gets up to it. Oh and I kinda need to ketchup on that webcomic.

balthasar_s

bftf-0441

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:00 am UTC

**DONG **DERS GONNA **D -- automome
Spoiler:
-- posted by bothasar_p

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:28 am UTC

HAL9000 wrote:I might be back again, now that college has given me a chance to breathe.

Hi, HAL! Welcome back!

I am organising a scientific conference, which is also an OTTer meetup, in Feb/Mar 2015. (Most probable date at the moment: Fri 13 Feb 2015.) Just have a look at the announcment and get your personal invitation. (Yes, AI units are welcome, too. I'm a professor for <computery stuff>, and in my working group AI units and humans have a lot of fun working together. :–)
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

micdi

Postby micdi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:31 am UTC

Yay, HAL is back!
(even though it is highly unlikely xhe/xe/zhe remembers me)

I didn't get to do anything yesterday, so i'll update the list and send the pm sometime today (I hope).
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:58 am UTC

micdi wrote:I didn't get to do anything yesterday, so i'll update the list and send the pm sometime today (I hope).

A way to find more basementees is to re-blitz some outstanding past newpages (e.g. those following the Voldeframe).

@HAL:Your signature is a treeish summary of the reason for the conference. Want to hold a speech about that? ;)

ETA for Blitzers:
In his sig, HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:16 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

HES

Postby HES » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:01 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:November is always a terrible month for me to try (birthdips)

Yes, those. Molpishness!
He/Him/His Image

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:The Case of the Little River has somehow migrated to my own personal Project Basement, a dark land filled with unfinished experiments and the forgotten detritus of years of moderately fruitful free time.

Oh, I have one of those too. Many, many stories lurk in its depths. Only occasionally does one emerge, sometimes mutated beyond recognition, creeping slowly out of the darkness.

I thought about doing NaNoWriMo this year but November is always a terrible month for me to try (birthdips, travel, holidips, etc.) so I usually do my own January version.

There's a summer one too. But I think part of the point is to just do it, in spite of busy-ness. (Go, jovialbard!) Of course, not at all costs, of course. Yes, the baby must take some priority, as does work, school-work, etc.
(Disclaimer, I've never even tried, but if you know where to look you can find a couple of my daughter's NaNoWriMo novels for sale.)
This month I'm participating in Line Up The Raptors. 1-19 are cooperating nicely, 20-23 are being particularly annoying, but 24-29 are falling into formation. That only leaves 5773 unaccounted for.

Some Ways to Time

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:53 pm UTC

Steakish poster ZoomanSP!

And dan_dassow - Of course it's related. Antares went missng, remember? Maybe Antares was the Death Star, and we only thought it was a real star in real life.

Welcome back HAL9000! Or should I say HAL2328hex?
HAL9000 wrote:Wow. I've been gone... a long time.
We're good at waiting for it. Waiting is always rewarded.

jovialbard wrote:Do you think I can write 2000 words in the next two hours before my morning sleep cycle?
Do they need to be coherent?

SBN wrote:This month I'm participating in Line Up The Raptors. 1-19 are cooperating nicely, 20-23 are being particularly annoying, but 24-29 are falling into formation. That only leaves 5773 unaccounted for.
Have you given them all names? Maybe BlitzGirl can help with that.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

balthasar_s

bftf-0442

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:46 pm UTC

NOOOO THEY BE PUNSAWONG MY CAKE -- automome
Spoiler:
-- posted by bothasar_p

ETA: This photo has now become spoilerfree:

Redundant
Spoiler:
obftf4.JPG

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:59 pm UTC

azule wrote:Callooh, callay! What a wowterous season of debasementeeing! I don't think I spelled anything correctedly!

Let's see, a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. Yep, looks right to me. :P
Yay, HAL9000 came back! Huzzah! Welcome, hang out, pull up a chair. There may still be some scones left. Just make sure they aren't the ones that are a castle.

I've noticed some names of blitzers in people's sigs that I haven't seen on the list yet, but I haven't had a chance to go to the wiki. I guess if micdi´s already sent the PM, we should start a new list. Thanks for doing that, btw, micdi.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

taixzo

Re: I SUSTAINABILIZED _ALL_ THE NEEDLE-PULLED THINGS

Postby taixzo » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:09 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
Spoiler:
ChronosDragon wrote:Also I have to write 20,000 words for NaNoWriMo for English class, and they only seem to come together when I'm on the OTT. Easier to keep it up with constant encouragement, I suppose.

Hey, cool, I'm kinda trying to do NaNoWriMo this month too. I just heard about it earlier this year as I was watching the entire back catalog of vlogbrother's videos. What is it about OTTers and obsessively blitzing things? Although, considering I only have 300 words so far, I'm not off to a great start, but I also didn't plan very well so most of my planning was in the first week. Okay, I really need to get back to... or maybe just start... writing now.

HAL9000 wrote:...unless I stop sleeping.

That's actually how I plan on doing this NaNoWriMo thing alongside the classes I'm taking and baby I'm raising and videos I'm making and work I'm working. Well, not stop sleeping, just sleeping less. It's called polyphasic sleep and I've gone from needing about 9 hours a night to about 5 or 6. An extra 3 hours a day is nothing to sneeze at. Ultimately it's pretty manageable and there hasn't been much downside except severe crankiness if I miss my naps.

Anyway, I really need to disappear into a stream of words for a while. Do you think I can write 2000 words in the next two hours before my morning sleep cycle? Here's hoping...

Oh, cool! What schedule are you on? I was on the Uberman schedule for four months last year.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”