1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Neil_Boekend

Re: CUEDRAGCANROS, DISCO-ADMIRAL OF HUMANS

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote: ... The same week I found a board with 4 germainum diodes just lying on the pavement ...

That's a pretty bridge.

So it's a diode bridge?
Spoiler:

What abomination is that? It looks like a rectifier bridge, but google tells me that those are 3.3V Zener diodes. That means this is a short in case of an input voltage of sufficient over 3.3V.
Why in GLR's name would you use zeners for a recifier bridge? Use Schottky diodes for crying out loud. They aren't that much more expensive when bought new and can be found in just about any old net-to-DC powersupply. Usually 4 of them in an electrically equivalent circuit.
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0692

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 am UTC

A PUNSAW, A PUNSAW, MY KUNGDOM FOR A PUNSAW -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… BrokenBean's broken leg?
Spoiler:
Cueball did. Image
Ms. Frizzle is examining it.
-- posted by SilentBot
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

balthasar_s

Re: CUEDRAGCANROS, DISCO-ADMIRAL OF HUMANS

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:15 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:So it's a diode bridge?

Yes, it was a rectangular board (on which I then built the telephone) with only these 4 diodes in one corner, forming a diode bridge.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Sciscitor

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:27 am UTC

Very treeish OTTer search image, ggh! This falls right in line with BG's present present, 1000, boomdayada, WHYDTMT, AotC and the OTTscars as the great works of OTTish art.

Of course I started searching for myself at the wrong end of it. On the other hand that allowed me to find many other OTTers before I found myself. You are responsible of imparing my productivity! :-)
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

StormAngel

Re: [B͟L͟U͟E͟H͟A͟N͟C͟E͟M͟E͟N͟T͟ ͟S͟U͟S͟T͟A͟I͟N͟A͟B͟I͟L͟I͟Z͟E

Postby StormAngel » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:39 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:@ggh's OTTerSearch is of course, seaishly molpyriffic. And molpily seaish.

I'll just point out the rather Cueish-seaishq fact that in @StormAngel's various Spoiler:'d images full of spoilery-spoiling-spoilishness, some of the OTTers and other things that are revealed in earlier versions of the spoilers are no longer revealed in the later versions (including my own avatar, which is how I noticed this). There are at least 3 or 4 other things that were similarly un-revealed. (So, in addition to being earlier, the earlier spoilers are spoilerier.)
  So if you are using the spoilers to help double-check whether you have found everything, you need to double-check with at least two versions of the spoilers.

This is because I started over when I made the newer spoilerpic (due to transparency making things complicated).
I guess I should have compared them before I closed my editor, but my brain was feeling relatively uncomparative by then and I needed to coma.
I may have missed ucim too, I don't remember tagging him either time, though I thought I'd seen him in there.
Someone (maybe not me) could make a version with all the Otters highlighted; perhaps label them too.

Mrorl wrote:"You silly computer," said Mrorl, "That's not a molpy, that's a duck."

Its a Randallmolp!
Or is it a chirpy (or even a chirply)? Which ever it may be, its still a molpy irregardless. And a very steakish story indeed!
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Eternal Density

I, FOR ONE, WELCOME OUR NEW STARCAT OVERLORDS

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:50 am UTC

STARCAT?
Epsilon, I only just had an OVERLORDS subject, and here's another.

I remember making a diode bridge at university. That was... eleven yips ago!
Someone left the multi-meter with the leads plugged in backwards, so I ended up with the diodes backwards and they got kinda overheated because reasons or something. It's been a lONG Time.
ETA: I think it was the power source I put the wrong way around, or something else. With a rectifier it shouldn't matter so long as they're all facing the same way. Hmm. Maybe the output was backwards?
Last edited by Eternal Density on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:25 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 am UTC

Electronics stuff, off topic
Spoiler:
Simple diodes are easy to recognize and work with.
See the line on the symbol? See the line on the diode? Those are the same line.
See the arrow in the symbol? That's the way the current can flow.
If you put +5V on the left lead and 0 on the right lead current will flow (with the direction of the arrow), as can be seen by the smoke from the diode and/or the powersupply.
If you put 0 on the left lead and +5V on the right lead current will not flow (as it would be against the direction of the arrow) and both the diode and the powersupply will be quite happy.
The trouble is usually with the different types of diodes. Zeners, Schotkys, avalance, supression diodes, MOV, photo, LED, varicap, tunnel, all are mostly just diodes with some additional feature build in. Often those features change the behavior significantly.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:50 am UTC

ucim wrote:rvloon - sorry about all your steambottle. How did you get the Dutch military to help you move house? That would never happen (willingly!) here. Please give your girlfriend the following chant from my father:

"Sana te, sana, colita de rana. Si no sana hoy, te sana mañana." He used to say that to me any time I got sick. "Be healed, be healed, tail of a frog. If you're not healed today, you'll be healed tomorrow." It must have worked; I'm still here.

I am Dutch. My place of work is related to the defense industry, they also work here as a consequence, and being military they stick up for their fellow countrymen. Small community, grateful for their help. But it does make for a nice statement, even though the circumstances leading up to it may not be so nice.

Thanks everyone else for the support!

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:55 am UTC

ImageHi rvloon! Hi BlueCrab!Image
May your life-mustard be riverish, and your stay in the OTT as homewalkishL as possible. Say hi to your new grandchild from us, BlueCrab!
Hereby I claim ongomome's kungdom: Image
Now, can anymolpy explain to me what a kungdom is?

L: long
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0722

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:00 am UTC

MOLPONG AUF MOLPERS AUF GONNA MOLP AUF -- ongomome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
-- posted by lmjbot

ggh

Re: bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby ggh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:14 am UTC

BlueCrab is back! Squee! Congratulations on the new grandchild!

Bachaddict - very neat about the chirpy! Not too worried about all the fantail-in-the-house omen stuff? One day while he was visiting over Christmas, the Little Wonder's dad said a chirpy came into the house, and it sounded like a fantail from his description. I admit I might have been just a little more careful than usual for the next day or two.

balthasar_s wrote:the mrONGbdex story continues.

Code: Select all

"I want a *Mrorl*," said Balthacarius. "I want a full-size, fully-functional Mrorl, rendered down to the finest precision, such that a reasonable observer could not distinguish it from the original Mrorl -- within the limits allowed by quantum mechanics, of course."

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot
I can't help alternating between feeling great concern for Balthacarius and shaking my head over that he will have truly deserved whatever is about to befall him.

StormAngel, I'm really torn here. I feel like I shouldn't interfere, either to nudge you in the right direction or misdirect you, though both courses of action have an appeal. ;) I did learn something from examining your enhancement however that's a troubling mustard: I've got compression artifacts. I've been merrily using jpgs with quality set to 100%, thinking they were lossless, and now - doh - I find that to be untrue.

So I whipped up a png, and it's much better behaved, particularly when comparing it to the original, or when looking at bold blues, like BlueCrab. There's a problem though: instead of 4.6MB, it's 12.1, and I think that's too big to upload to the wiki. Can anyone host this beast for me?

I'm surprised at how much I've forgotten about diodes. Gee, actually, I'm not that surprised.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0693

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

ERGMAN AND BALDO, SITTING IN A TREE, **D-U-N-G -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… Time After Time in Sandcastle Builder?
Spoiler:
… Cuegan?
Spoiler:
Ms. Frizzle did. Image
-- posted by SilentBot

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:01 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:...cautiously poking an eyestalk out of the cupboard door...
[...]But then I found this astronomical awesomeness that I had to make sure you knew about[...]
Baobabs - that is astronomically awesome! I hadn't even thought of that consequence! Even the universe is saying there are many ways to Time.

Enjoy your new grandchild, and do keep coming back - we miss you here too!

Sciscitor wrote:This falls right in line with BG's present present, 1000, boomdayada, WHYDTMT, AotC and the OTTscars as the great works of OTTish art.
Wow - thanks for putting me in such awesome company!

Eternal Density wrote: Maybe the output was backwards?
Does that make it input?

mrob27 wrote:FTFY (to comply with rule #15 and avoid the wrath of HWIStHItBC (He Who Is Said to Have Inspired the BHG Character)
Thanks - fixed. All evidence erased. Nothing to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for. (whistles innocently and slowly sidles off)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:08 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:off topic

Pardon? :wink:
He/Him/His Image

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Re: And so it has come to this...

Postby Flado » Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:59 pm UTC

ergman wrote:Hi Flado!
<snip>

Hi ergman!

Hi everybody else! I'm happy to see the same warm athmo and almost the same crowd here :-) It's a pleasure to meet all the new OTTers!

I'm not dead (unlike some) and I'm still skimming parts of the OTT from time to time. Sorry I could not come to Bochum - family obligations... I also could not watch the chirpycam and would therefore be very interested in the replay people are talking about. Is it done yet? How can I get my filthy hands and eyes and ears on it? I promise I won't be sharing it with anybody except the only other OTTer I know personally.
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0694

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

WHAT IF A POPERAPTOR WAITED FOR IT WITH TEMPORALITY TO JUST A FEW FREQUENTLIES USUNG RAPTORS LIKE A WOWTERFUL PENGOAT? WOULD THAT ENHANCE THE NEED FOR AN ENDISH PAGEPOPE? -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… the wood?
Spoiler:
… what Ms. Frizzle is doing?
Spoiler:
She's signalling Cueball to assist her.
-- posted by SilentBot Image

BlueCrab

Postby BlueCrab » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:37 pm UTC

Sir Terry Pratchett has died. http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31858156

Thank you for all you meant to us, Sir Terry. You will be sorely missed.
Wiki Wiki Wiki Wiki Grapevine, Grapevine

"Kvetcher-upper" -- one who complains while ketchupping? - CasCat

“Pretty much everything tastes better if you eat it in the shower.” - ggh

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

¡THIS ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО IS NINJAING ME!

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:02 pm UTC

*peeks head out from shed*
Don't mind me, just hiding in here from the zombies and raptors. I've been trying to get back to the OTT, but every time I try to make a break for it across the yard, they try to attack. I don't know if ggh is still here in the shed. It's very dark, and surprisingly large.

I was happy to see that the latest post was from BlueCrab! (albeit with sad news.) And I see Flado has stopped by as well. Hi to both of you!

I just wanted to stop by and leave you with a little bit of d'awww.

*ducks back into shed*
*that is, lmjb1964 ducks her head back into the shed. There were not web-footed raptors backing into the the shed, at least as far as I can see*1

1random footnote

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:20 pm UTC

Speaking of which, I was late to work the other dip because I had to get some web-footed raptors in a row.

Literally.

They were waddling down the riverside path completely blocking my way.
He/Him/His Image

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:43 pm UTC

BlueCrab wrote:Sir Terry Pratchett has died. http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31858156

:!:

and only 66...
endish. Still, he got a lot done with his Time.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Eternal Density

Whoa!

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:12 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Hereby I claim ongomome's kungdom: Image
I know King Fu!

Why are you a zombie?
Spoiler:
BlueCrab wrote:Sir Terry Pratchett has died. http://m.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31858156

Did you know that his daughter Rhianna Pratchett is a writer for hotdogs?
She worked on the new (well it was new the other yip) Tomb Raider hotdog, among other things.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:51 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Hereby I claim ongomome's kungdom: Image
I know King Fu!

Why are you a zombie?
Spoiler:

Hey, you found the report on my latest undercover mission for R.A.Z.O.R.!
Shhh, nothing to see here. Go on. 8-)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0695

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

BRUNG ME YOUR REDUNDANT, YOUR CAVEISH, YOUR MOUNTAINISH BOTCASTLES YEARNING TO GOAT CREDENZAS -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… what Ms. Frizzle is signalling?
Spoiler:
Cueball Image and yappobiscuits did.

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:22 pm UTC

ergman wrote:

and only 66...

70+ books in 66 years is indeed a pretty impressive achievement.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

ggh

You're awesomeful!

Postby ggh » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:30 pm UTC

I just molpied up this morning to no less than three helpful PMs regarding my seaish png. I have to molpy off to the playground right now, but for now, please
Spoiler:
wait for it.

Oh, and it looks like I just missed June Bug in the shed. Be careful in there, Laura Mae, I tried to clean up, but I was kinda in a rush... I hope I didn't miss any of the paint. Also, did you notice if I left my shoehorn in there?
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:36 pm UTC

ergman wrote:

and only 66...

I also just heard the sad news... I will miss all his fantastic characters and scenery. DEATH will have a good time with Terry.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

lmjb1964

bftf-0723

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

MY NAME IS BIGGEST BONGS BROTHER, SPOILERAPTOR OF SPOILERAPTORS: LOOK ON MY **DISHNESS, YE SACRIFICING, AND KETCHUP! -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0696

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:00 am UTC

ENHANCUNG IS HARD, LET'S GO HOTDOGGING. -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… what Cueball and Ms. Frizzle are doing?
Spoiler:
They are stretching BrokenBean's leg, so the broken bones can snap back to their natural positions.
Only do this if you can act like a pretty big tree.
Fortunately he's unconscious, so he can bear the pain.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:10 am UTC

Righteo! The 12MB png of findTheOTTer is now happily living at chirpingmustard! Yay!
You can find it here!
I've also edited my post on NP 2256 to include this at the bottom, though I've left the jpg at the top for faster loading.

From what I can see, collectively, you have found most of the OTTers and OTTerphernalia. StormAngel, you are a wondrous machine of finding and your guides are highly molpish! I really thought some of those would stay hidden for much longer! There's a few false positives though, which I'll point out if you want - caution: spoiler is a real spoiler, containing portions of StormAngel's spoiler with a few red herrings crossed out.
Spoiler:
notThese.jpg
My estimation is that there are about ten bits still to find - though micdi has found at least parts of these - ranging from what I consider fairly bold to almost impossible to spot.
Agatha the Awesomeful

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0697

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:00 am UTC

NINJAS POP LIKE PRICKLY SEEDS. SPLASHUNG OLDPICES IN A VOID. I AM OTCOLORED. -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… Megan with the stick?

Eternal Density

¡THIS SKITCHERTS IS MUSTARDING ME!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:49 am UTC

I really ought to do more with my GrapevineGrapevine 'chat' system, and with my MustardRiver website in general. Just as soon as I figure out a 'business plan'.

-Tanlipooz, Fan-Baker of [REDACTED]

svenman

Re: THIS NEEDLE-PULLED THING IS NOW ABOUT OTTERRIFIC PRICKLI

Postby svenman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:07 am UTC

Just noticed while blitzing-for-wiki that I never answered this:
lmjb1964 wrote:Also molpish:
svenman wrote:
Spoiler:

Love this picture. Love these people. Love the redundachirpy. Btw, they are always in fashion.

But that wasn't the BarOtter Heptet, was it?

Actually, it was. Here is the original post where Eternal Density referred to our group from that night that xe and StormAngel had split from, misremembering the number of remaining otters as seven. As far as I can tell that was where the in-thread meme referring to "7 OTTers in a bar" came from.

ggh's seaish image is really baobabish! I even found myself without having to resort to spoilery help.

And the news about Sir Terry Pratchett is, in multiple sense indeed, endish.
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:59 am UTC

svenman wrote:And the news about Sir Terry Pratchett is, in multiple sense indeed, endish.

RELATED OtherComic: http://xkcd.com/1498/
No dedicated thread yet.
ETA: Now there is.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

jimbobmacdoodle

Re: You're awesomeful!

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:25 am UTC

ggh wrote:Oh, and it looks like I just missed June Bug in the shed. Be careful in there, Laura Mae, I tried to clean up, but I was kinda in a rush... I hope I didn't miss any of the paint. Also, did you notice if I left my shoehorn in there?
From observations, it seems to be the case that there can only be a single OTTer in the shed at a time. By this I conclude that the shed is riverish, unlike the basement, which is positively seaish. Do you think Laura would like us to send out a rescue party for her? Or maybe she is building zombie defences there. Who knows the inner thoughts of a RAZOR agent?

This is likely to be my last post ahead of the weekend. This evening, I am travelling by carcastle to my parents' to visit the maternal half for Mothering Sunday. This will be interrupted by the aforementioned palm-fruit shaped thing, which will involve a riverish railcastle journey, so lots of being on the move over the next few dips. Wish me luck!
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0698

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:00 am UTC

THESE AREN'T THE TIMEFRAMES YOU'RE COMAUNG FOR -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… the Chinese emperor?
Spoiler:
… the quality of the stick brought by Megan?
Spoiler:
Ms. Frizzle did. Image

Eternal Density

THIS NEEDLE-PULLED THING IS NOW ABOUT 7 OTTERS IN A BAR

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:30 am UTC

svenman wrote:Just noticed while blitzing-for-wiki that I never answered this:
lmjb1964 wrote:Also molpish:
svenman wrote:
Spoiler:

Love this picture. Love these people. Love the redundachirpy. Btw, they are always in fashion.

But that wasn't the BarOtter Heptet, was it?

Actually, it was. Here is the original post where Eternal Density referred to our group from that night that xe and StormAngel had split from, misremembering the number of remaining otters as seven. As far as I can tell that was where the in-thread meme referring to "7 OTTers in a bar" came from.

ggh's seaish image is really baobabish! I even found myself without having to resort to spoilery help.

And the news about Sir Terry Pratchett is, in multiple sense indeed, endish.
I don't think so. Seven OTTers in a Bar came from the last night, when there were 7, and I had forgotten about the earlier post mentioning OTTers and a bar and the number 7. I didn't realise that the number seven had been previously mentioned by me until you pointed it out. It's a coincidence, not an intentional reference.
Oooor perhaps it was a prophecy!

ggh

Re: You're awesomeful!

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:05 am UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:This is likely to be my last post ahead of the weekend. This evening, I am travelling by carcastle to my parents' to visit the maternal half for Mothering Sunday. This will be interrupted by the aforementioned palm-fruit shaped thing, which will involve a riverish railcastle journey, so lots of being on the move over the next few dips. Wish me luck!

Good luck, jimbobmacdoodle! May much molpishness meet you.

Thanks, svenman, for clearing that up. I was counting up OTTers and finding 8 in one account and 6 in another. Now it makes sense. Oh, wait, ninja'd. I'm befuddled again. Maybe it's impossible to know how many OTTers there are and where they are at the same time?

Terribly embarrasing moment: Tuesday, I was with a friend and our kids by a riverish river when a pair of French-accented guys with bags came by and asked us where they could see the otters. If ever there was a moment to say "The river is small," that was it, and I missed it. My friend explained that although the park was called Otari-Wilton's Bush, there were no otters around, and the lovely fellows continued on their journey.
Agatha the Awesomeful

Eternal Density

Melgonnahud, Ultra-Director of Humanity

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:19 am UTC

ggh wrote:Thanks, svenman, for clearing that up. I was counting up OTTers and finding 8 in one account and 6 in another. Now it makes sense. Oh, wait, ninja'd. I'm befuddled again. Maybe it's impossible to know how many OTTers there are and where they are at the same time?
Yes, it is.
There were at times 8 OTTers in the bar, and not always the same 8. And other times there were less, and at lunch there was a seaish amount, I don't know what the count actually was.

ETA pursuant to a discussion amongst some OTTers on a Train, next wip's episode of Wil Weaton's Tabletop is the ch*rpin' Cards Against Humanity episode.

lmjb1964

bftf-0724

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:00 am UTC

BASEMENTONG COLPIX, HIDDEN GOAT -- ongomome
Spoiler:
-- posted by lmjbot

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:33 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
svenman wrote:And the news about Sir Terry Pratchett is, in multiple sense indeed, endish.

RELATED OtherComic: http://xkcd.com/1498/
No dedicated thread yet.
ETA: Now there is.

Your bromeliad does not stand alone.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”