1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ggh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 pm UTC

Oh, how quickly I have fallen behind with my ketchup posts; I've been reading, but I haven't really said anything in a while this week, going back to the dunejumpish bagass exchange between Link and BlitzGirl. The continuing stories are all molpying along delightfully, and the brand new SilentONG was a steakish treat. (Hmm, a steakish treat... would that be Purina T-Bonz?)

About the same time the Time anniversary was beginning, I was reading the local newspaper, where the front page of the world section seemed suitably related. An article on krill-fishing mentioned decreasing adelie and chinstrap numbers, but confessed that scientists don't know why this is occurring. Would they believe us if we told them? Also on the same page was the photo that was chem's avatar (before hatting, of course.)

lmjb1964 wrote:An excerpt from The Time-ish Carol:

. . .The Bot pointed as before.
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 joined it once again, and wondering why and whither it had gone, accompanied it until they reached a wooden door. A basement door. Here, then, the wretched Otter whose name he had now to learn, lay down the long flight of stairs. It was a worthy place. Dark, dusty, filled with comfy chairs and stale candies. A worthy place!

The Bot opened the door, and pointed down the stairs. She advanced towards it trembling. The Bot was exactly as it had been, but she dreaded that she saw new meaning in its solemn shape.

"Before I draw nearer and look down those stairs," said lmjb1964, "answer me one question. Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?"

Still the Bot pointed down the basement stairs.

"OTTer's courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead," said lmjb1964. "But if the courses be departed from, the ends will change. Say it is thus with what you show me."

The Bot was immovable as ever.

lmjb1964 crept towards the open door, trembling as she went; and following the finger, looked down the basement stairs and saw her own avatar.

"Have I descended into the basement?" she cried, upon her knees.

The finger pointed down the stairs, to her, and back again.

"No, Bot! Oh no, no!"

The finger still was there.

"Bot!" she cried, tight clutching at its wires, "hear me. I am not the woman I was. I will not be the woman I must have been but for this intercourse. Why show me this, if I am past all hope?"

For the first time the hand appeared to shake.

"Good Bot," she pursued, as down upon the ground she fell before it: "Your nature intercedes for me, and pities me. Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me, by an altered life."

The kind hand trembled.

"I will honour Time in my heart, and keep it all the yip. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Bots of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. Oh, tell me I may sponge away sight of my avatar in the basement!"

In her agony, she caught the metallic hand. It sought to free itself, but she was strong in her entreaty, and detained it. The Bot, stronger yet, repulsed her.

Holding up her hands in a last prayer to have her fate reversed, she saw an alteration in the Bot's circuits and wires. It shrunk, collapsed, and dwindled down into a page with a pale blue background, and a picture of a stick figure woman dressed for Mardi Gras, wearing a RAZOR badge.

Yes! the avatar was her own. The signature was her own, the OTT was her own. Best and happiest of all, Time was behind her, and before her!

"I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future!" lmjb1964 cried, as she scrambled out of the shed. "The Bots of all Three shall strive within me. Oh, GLR and Time be praised for this! I don't know what to do! I am as light as a feather, I am as happy as an angel, I am as merry as a school-girl. I am as giddy as a drunken man. A merry Timiversary to every-body! A happy New Yip to all the world!"

"But I don't know what dip of the mip it is!" said lmjb1964. "I don't know how long I've been among the Outside. I don't know anything. I'm quite a baby. Why, it's the TImiversary! I haven 't missed it. The Bots have done it all in one night. They can do anything they like. Of course they can. Of course they can. Hallo, my fine OTTers!"

She of course had further intercourse with Bots, and lived upon the Total Molpishness Principle, ever afterwards; and it was always said of her, that she knew how to keep OTTishness well, if any OTTer alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us! And so, as Meg and Cue observed, Randall Bless Us, Every One!

(with all apologies to Mr.Darles Chickens Charles Dickens.) A molpish Timiversary to everybody!
Well, this is pretty wonderful.

Zooman and BlitzGirl, your squirrel manips gave me a big smile. :D who would win in a fight? The squirrel or the pink hedgehog thingy?

I gotta molpy down. More tomorrow....

ETA: aaaa! I am unprepared for papacy. Bring squipies?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mrob27

... XE WASN'T THE NOOTAHIERBANAL NINJA ON VRATHKALICHI

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote: [...] Looks like reketchup will not be a happening thing for a while. <snip>

I guess that makes it a rektchup :(

It took me a mnP to get this. I like the idea of rektchup, though I'm not sure how to pronounce it.

If rekt is the first syllable and is pronounced like "wrecked", then it would be a joke (and also slightly a pun): it's a wrecked ketchup :P The chup would then be pronounced the same as the latter part of "ketchup". I stress the first syllable.

mrob27 Image

TO THE SURPRISE OF TANTAM, A BAOBAB CONTINUES TO BE
THE BEST SYSTEM FOR DETERMINING WHICH OF TWO THINGS IS TREEISHER.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Soup

Postby Soup » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:50 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Bring squipies?

Spoiler:
Squidpy.png
Squidpy.png (70.11 KiB) Viewed 31416 times
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

mrob27

MY SILENTONG IS FULL OF NIETHA

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:24 pm UTC

@AluisioASG: If the goal of using RHTF is to produce plain text that will be read by humans, then you can add another processing step to make it easier to read:

Code: Select all

RHTF          ->         Abbreviated RHTF
  <*:foo:>                 *foo*
  <#:foo:>                 #foo#
  <_:foo:>                 _foo_
  <$:foo:>                 $foo$
  <%:foo:>                 %foo%
  <-:foo:>                 <-:foo:>       (There is no abbreviated form for strikethrough)

The "abbreviated" style syntax like *foo* is useful for single words in a style (like italics) which is pretty common in actual text written by humans. You can actually use two *'s on either side of any string of text to make the whole thing italic, as long as the string has no newlines, complete style delimiters like a : immediately followed by a >, or single * characters. A double *, like "**", represents a literal * and is allowed, so for example the RHTF form of "ch*rp" is *ch**rp*. And for pedants, I'll add that '*' is not actually "italic", it is the '*-style' which defaults to italic, but can be redefined either within RHTF or by the site's CSS; the same is true of all the other RHTF styles, which also includes others like '@' and '&' that I haven't mentioned because they have no BBcode equivalent.
  Probably the easiest way to handle literals is with a multi-step process:

• Identify all BBcode tokens
  • In the remaining text (that is not part of a BBcode token), identify all symbols (like *, #, _, etc.) and replace them with place-holders like Unicode in the private-use area (I use ASCII control sequences like "␁1", "␁2", etc.)
  • Do the regular conversion as I described before
  • Convert the place-holders back to RHTF literals like **, ##, __, etc.

XSLT is said to be Turing-complete, so I suppose it is capable of such things. Perhaps multiple XSLT style sheets would be used, one for each step of the process, and your content would pass through a few intermediate "languages" that are neither BBcode nor RHTF. Perhaps use XML as the intermediate form, and have it include enough info to allow generating HTML or other forms of output or even converting back to the original BBcode. Perhaps this is related to what you were describing when you said you get "... ugly ugly output when no transform is used."
  I'll also note that using this abbreviated markup makes the text easier for humans, but even harder for machines. My RHTF-to-HTML conversion program is quite elaborate.

mrob27 Image

TO THE SURPRISE OF PUNDITS, A DECREE CONTINUES TO BE
THE BEST SYSTEM FOR DETERMINING WHICH OF TWO THINGS IS VARBLAR.
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 pm UTC

HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:10 hour coach journey home from London

You mean to say you were in London on the same day that I was in London? I still have your Beanie in my possession.

How much are you asking for ransom? I hope you're feeding the Beanie well.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0784

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

IF DELURKUNG IS WRONG, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… what's wrong?
Spoiler:
waveney did.

Image:
This is a complicated story.
I don't want to draw it into the dirt.
Let me get my notebook and pen.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

balthasar_s

Re: MS. FRIZZLE IS SERIOUS TRICEROCUE

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:04 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Because of that, there are simple ways to do things that are often needed, but if you need something else you you have to use harder-to-read formatting or just use HTML (because any valid HTML can be used anywhere in RHTF).
I wanted to ask this much earlier.
You can use HTML inside rhtf when rhtf is going to be converted to html.
How does it extend to other languages?
(You convert rhtf to bbcode)

Which one of these is true:
  • rhtf -> [language]: html inside rhtf is valid and is converted to [language]
  • rhtf -> [language]: html inside rhtf is valid but stays html
  • rhtf -> [language]: [language] inside rhtf is valid and stays [language]
  • rhtf -> [language]: html or [language] are invalid when output is not html.
?
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mrob27

I BLUENHANCED *ALL* THE VARBA

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:46 pm UTC

This seems to have become "the Newpage of discussing how to render epsilonish languages into slightly-less-so but equally artificial languages, whilst Waiting for the Madness to render our molpishly natural language into something truly epsilon..."

Gratuitious purple!

balthasar_s wrote:I wanted to ask this much earlier.
You can use HTML inside rhtf when rhtf is going to be converted to html.
How does it extend to other languages?
(You convert rhtf to bbcode)

Which one of these is true:
  • rhtf → [language]: html inside rhtf is valid and is converted to [language]
  • rhtf → [language]: html inside rhtf is valid but stays html
  • rhtf → [language]: [language] inside rhtf is valid and stays [language]
  • rhtf → [language]: html or [language] are invalid when output is not html.

I guess it's the third one, but only because that's the simplest way to do it: Anything that is not RHTF is left alone. So when I write posts, I can include any BBcode that does not have an RHTF equivalent. When my RHTF-to-BBcode conversion was incomplete, I had no way to do quotes or colour, so I just used BBcode (like "[color=#00f]") and the converter left it alone because it didn't recognize it as RHTF.
  Even now when my converter is fairly complete, it still allows BBcode: I can use a [color] tag as long as it's matched, subject to the vagaries of the forum's software that figures out what to do with mismatched tags. See that "gratuitous purple" line above? In the source text that I'm looking at right now, it looks like this:

(- [color=purple]*Gratuitious purple!*[/color] -)

In rare cases when I need to do something that might be interpreted as RHTF (like if I want JavaScript in a page that is written in RHTF but is being converted to HTML) I can put it all between "<raw>" and "</raw>" tags. Those tags look like XML or HTML, but I actually think of them as "RHTF".

mrob27 Image

like RHTF
like HTML
i.e. OTTish
Like the madness induced by liquor, alcohol, booze, and/or being drunk...
... but with squipies Image per decree.

INSTEAD OF SPOILERCAKE, PACKAGE CONTAINED VREMKA.
WOULD NOT BUY AGAIN.

(Edit: Add the bit at the end about <raw>.)

mscha

Time Revisited - np125

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:10 pm UTC

GIVUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SEAISHNESS OR GTCO

-- posted by oldpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:29 pm UTC

HES wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:10 hour coach journey home from London

You mean to say you were in London on the same day that I was in London? I still have your Beanie in my possession.

From the evening of the 24th to the morning of the 25th, yes. It's annoying that the coach journey is so long that it takes two whole days to have only an evening and morning in London! Trains are quicker of course but very expensive. There probably wouldn't have been a window of opportunity for us to meet anyway, as soon as I arrived I headed to the gig, and then to the hostel after, and then in the morning straight to the coach station again. We must have a UK OTTerCon! But not in the foreseeable future (i.e. this year) because I've already booked off all my holidays from the FFS for this year...

Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Soup

Postby Soup » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:02 pm UTC

Yappocoach = Soupbus ?
Waiting for it...

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:34 pm UTC

The "A Thorough Pelting" story from the bOTTeriada just finished.
I really liked it. Especially that knowing the original, I know that this story was not easy to ottify.
And the previous "Mrorl's machine" too, although after its beginning I started expecting it to be a little different than it was.

If It's going to continue chronologically, the next is one of my favorite stories in this book. I'm really waiting for it now.
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

mrob27

KALINIAM? ON *MY* WOLPY?

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:15 pm UTC

... and Waiting is indeed what we do best! :wink: though I'm not sure of the order of the stories in your (Polski) version; I am following the order in my English translation. It's probably the same.

Seen in the Madness 2015 thread:
bachaddict wrote:Will people actually get accepted to the FF00BF BFFS? I thought the act of applying was the opt-in.

Angua wrote:You'll get accepted when the madness starts.

Weeks (except purple was red) wrote:You'll actually get [REDACTED] when the madness starts.
whoa

So it's official: We will actually get redundakitties when the madness starts! Image Image Image Image Image. That's a Madness I'd drink several pints of! Image

THIS IS OTCOLORISED. I CAN TELL BY THE GLIE
AND FROM HAVING SEEN A LOT OF NEWPIXBOTTIFICATIONS IN MY DIP

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:27 pm UTC

Soup wrote:Yappocoach = Soupbus ?

Are you referring to a confusion of terminology? If so, where I'm from a "bus" is a public transport vehicle that travels short to medium distances (i.e. within cities or between neighbouring towns) that you can hop on and off without any pre-booking. A "coach" is a larger bus that travels long distances (such as longer intercity journeys) usually with fewer stops (or even no stops at all apart from the beginning and end of the journey) and is usually pre-booked, and they usually are equipped for longer journeys i.e. they'll have a toilet and power outlets and the like, almost like a train on the road.

Soup

Postby Soup » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:34 pm UTC

:lol: Ah, so, (Yappobus = Soupbus) and (Yappocoach = Greyhoundsoupbus or Megasoupbus)

It's all so clear!
Waiting for it...

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:39 pm UTC

Ah yes, Megabus is one of the bigger coach companies over here too. I don't think we have Greyhound though.

balthasar_s

Re: KALINIAM? ON *MY* WOLPY?

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:48 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:... and Waiting is indeed what we do best! :wink: though I'm not sure of the order of the stories in your (Polski) version; I am following the order in my English translation. It's probably the same.
I think so too. I don't know why would anyone want to change the order. And the sallies are numbered. Except the three stories before them and three after.
And I was writing from memory so I made a mistake. The bard is 1A and not 1. (And in my version there are also 12 stories from the Fables for Robots before the Cyberiad)
BFTF replay

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:59 pm UTC

So I recently finished reading Watership Down.

It's a story about a small group who split from their tribe to go on a long journey away from their home to avoid a coming disaster that will destroy their home, and their journey involves following a river for a bit, encountering trees, various other creatures, and new things they don't understand. They eventually end up on a high hill where they find refuge. They also later have dealings with a new group of people they meet who have ways and customs foreign to them, who try to keep them there only they escape by running away. They also use a makeshift raft to make their escape, before eventually establishing a new colony in their new land.

I can't help thinking Richard Adams got that idea from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it...

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0785

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

IF :AZULUNG: IN YOUR PANTS IS PRICKLY, THEN I'M CUEGANZZLE. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the notebook?

Help addams!

mscha

Time Revisited - np131

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:10 pm UTC

OUTSPRUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CONSIDER THE REDUNDANCY OF CASSINI-MADAGASCAR

-- posted by oldpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

bftf-0764

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:00 pm UTC

HOW LONG CAN A HAMPLY SACRIFICE SOMETHING? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
I'd highly recommend following the first commandment ...again.
-- posted by lmjbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

Soup wrote:
Spoiler:
Huh. Different cute from the pile of cute I expected to return to. R r r r r. Yep, it works.

Can I admit that I might not be reading every word of the coding discussions? It doesn't mean I'm not feeling admiration and gratitude. I am.

Continued ketchup: oh, the Timeiversary comics made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you Earthling and BlitzGirl! Wait, wasn't there another one that made me all squishy? Hmm, must check again....

I'm sorry I missed so many birthdays and RNMs. Here's pavlova for everyone!Image
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:42 pm UTC

That looks AMAZING. I've never even heard of it before but now I want it SO MUCH. Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 pm UTC

So, BlitzGirl, would it be safe to say you're having a strong pavlovan response?

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:49 pm UTC

If you like meringue you'd like pavlova. Embarrassed to say, I've never attempted to make one. I've never managed to beat eggs until peaks form. I think it's because I don't believe in my heart that it's possible.

Oh god, what I just saw in preview....
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:54 pm UTC

slinches wrote:So, BlitzGirl, would it be safe to say you're having a strong pavlovan response?

AAAAH!

i won't punsaw you if you bring me pavlova
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:55 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:<snip>
It took me a mnP to get this. I like the idea of rektchup, though I'm not sure how to pronounce it.

Rektchup? Damn near killed chum!
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:19 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:i won't punsaw you if you bring me pavlova

Phew! But for such an egregious pun I'll have to give myself a scrumptious pavlonut.
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:26 am UTC

That looks disturbingly prickly
He/Him/His Image

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:36 am UTC

I think the holly is just a garnish. Although, I've never really understood the practice of decorating food by sticking inedible things in it. On birthday cakes, they even light the inedible things on fire!

mscha

Time Revisited - np138

Postby mscha » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:40 am UTC

SNUBBUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CRIKEY! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE WOLPIES!

-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

So much sugar.

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:45 am UTC

I've eaten pavlova many times, but I haven't seen such a seaish one! Baobabs!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Link

...XE WASN'T THE AWESOMEFULLEST PASTPOST IN THE BASEMENT

Postby Link » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:50 am UTC

slinches wrote:I think the holly is just a garnish. Although, I've never really understood the practice of decorating food by sticking inedible things in it. On birthday cakes, they even light the inedible things on fire!

Are you saying you're not supposed to eat the fiery bits? Guess I've been Doing It Wrong™ for the past 25 yips. Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Time Revisited - np138

Postby SBN » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:51 am UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:CRIKEY! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE WOLPIES!

I hear that a lot, though not usually in OTTish.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0786

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:00 am UTC

IS IT POSSIBLE TO ENHANCE A CREDENZA USUNG UPWARD-ENHANCING HOTDOGS? -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the notebook?
Spoiler:
… the item in Ms. Frizzle's right hand?
Spoiler:
It's a pen.

Help addams!

mrob27

I SEE WHAT YOU *BRADVAK* THERE

Postby mrob27 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:24 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:So I recently finished reading Watership Down.
I can't help thinking Richard Adams got that idea from somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it...

Huh. I didn't realize the denizens of that tale were capable of Time-travel. Though that would explain a lot :wink:

mrob27 Image

IN THE OTHERCOMIC "BLITZING COSI MY SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT"
THEY BLITZ BEESNAKES INTO CHRONOCORP AND THEY SEEMINGLY CRENELLATE
THE EPILOGUE. IS THIS POSSIBLE, AND HOW MANY BEESNAKES WOULD IT TAKE?

[redacted], but not redundakitties

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:53 am UTC

slinches wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:i won't punsaw you if you bring me pavlova

Phew! But for such an egregious pun I'll have to give myself a scrumptious pavlonut.
Spoiler:

ACCEPTABLE! Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:11 am UTC

the mrONGbdex story continues.

Whereupon they exchanged kind words, shook hands and parted the best of friends.
   From that Time on, Mrorl did nothing but tell everyone and anyone who would listen how he, Mrorl, had given the Brilliant Balthacarius a Bot to Grant One's Every Wish, how then Balthacarius had insulted him (and the bot) by instructing it to build him a duplicate Mrorl down to quantum resolution, which he proceeded to pelt mercilessly; how this cleverly constructed copy of the great bOTTifactor made desperate lies to save itself and escape, and how Mrorl himself, the real Mrorl, eventually had to alter Time to sabotage the artificial Mrorl to protect his good friend and colleague from its vengeance. Mrorl told this story so often and at such great length, elaborating on his glorious achievement (and never failing, if so asked, to call upon Balthacarius himself as a witness), that it reached the ears of the royal courts in both Tencrivar *and* Zubycal, and was even known to the provincial advisors of the King, such that no-one spoke of Mrorl other than with the utmost of respect, even though not so long ago he had been known only as Mrorl the bOTTifactor of the World's OTTishiest Machine, the Cognitative Engine better known locally by the unflattering name <*:Thunderous Vineyard-Bane of Tencrivar:>. When Balthacarius heard, some mips later, that the King himself had rewarded Mrorl handsomely and decorated him as <*:Sir Mrorl, Techno-Maker of the Imperium:>^{1}, he threw up his hands and cried:
   "What? Here I was able to see through his ruse and give him such a thorough pelting for it that he had to sneak back home in the night and retro-edit his posts, and make up even more ludicrous stories to cover it up, and yet still he bears little bits of chocolate in every crevice and joint, for anyone who might look! And for this they decorate him, praise him, and elevate his name to superhuman proportion? <*:O tempora, O mores!:>"
   Bewildered Balthacarius went home, closed himself in his workshop and again drew the blinds. He had been building a Machine to Manifest One's Deepest Desires, only Mrorl had beat him to it.
---- #Footnote#  1. Readers wishing for their own title may avail themselves of [MustardRiver's``dispensary|http://mustardriver.webfactional.com/hyperwaitforce/randomname/].

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:12 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:So I recently finished reading Watership Down.

Snortle.

And pavlova. And puns. And more pavlova because of puns.

And more creative stuff on top of reminiscing about creative stuff.

I like this place.

Eternal Density

Rapwocanooz, Anti-Graduate of Skitmegique Ocean

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:15 am UTC

Molpish **d to the mrongdex tale! And treeish that I inspired a riverish part of it!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”