1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

addams

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby addams » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:36 am UTC

AHHH!
Another Spring Storm!
Spoiler:
It is very scary.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:35 am UTC

addams wrote:Lucky, Lucky You!

Some dogs need to be on leash. Hank is one example.

To be fair, that's in a pond within a fenced wolpy park. (And ours were the only ones there at the time.)
So while he was being good, and following his genes, the costs of not were relatively contained.

MSW, will only retrieve her own bumper. LW knows his own, but will also retrieve others if needed.
Sometimes he just brings GHW's closer in, so it can be retrieved without actual swimming.
GHW is very good at what he is supposed to do, but prefers to not be wet.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

"Do we have any last words?" asked Mrorl. "You see, we were--"

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

BrookMart

Postby BrookMart » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:29 am UTC

Ich bin schlafend. :)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:32 pm UTC

BrookMart wrote:Ich bin schlafend. :)

That's ok, you are welcome here. Thanks for posting.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:34 pm UTC

Gutenmorgen denn. Sie sind sehr Wilkommen!

(sorry for any misspellings, German is not my native language)
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:34 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:You just say something like, "HOLY CHIRP I KNOW THE OTTER WHO MADE THAT HOTDOG, HERETICS!"

Works every time.

:lol:
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:42 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
MSW, will only retrieve her own bumper. LW knows his own, but will also retrieve others if needed.
Sometimes he just brings GHW's closer in, so it can be retrieved without actual swimming.

oh. I forgot to ID the other dog,

If it does not like to be wet,
It can't be a Lab; Can it?

Therefore GHW can not be a Lab.
What is GHW?

So funny.
Dogs!

Spoilered, 'cause long.
Spoiler:
I had a Great Dane that did Not like to get wet.
I was swimming off the end of a boat ramp.

The stupid dog was running back and forth barking at me.
Some man walked up and asked Why the dog was barking.

I told the man to "Push the dog in."
So; The man did it. He pushed.

That dog went underwater.
He came up panicked.

I called him and he came.
I was happy, at first.

I thought we were going to have a wonderful time.

I like to swim.
I know, all dogs can swim.

That was a Big Strong Dog.

When that idiot got to me,
he kept swimming with all his might.

He was tearing up my torso and legs with his claws.
He was trying to get on top of me.

I could almost hear him yelling, "Mommy!"
I had to go under, push him away and out swim him.

When we were both high and dry,
I promised to never make him swim, again.

He seemed to be ok with that.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:01 am UTC

addams wrote:
SBN wrote:

oh. I forgot to ID the other dog,

If it does not like to be wet,
It can't be a Lab; Can it?

Therefore GHW can not be a Lab.
What is GHW?

GHW is "Grand Helper Wolpy" He's a German Shepherd. Grand because he's my daughter's, so grand-dog to me. Helper because he's a service dog, and Wolpy, because "wolf-molpy"

Largest Wolpy and Middle-Sized Wolpy are Newfoundlands. They like swimming maybe more than anything else at all. Smallest Wolpy was a golden retriever, she liked retrieving, on land or in the water.

Some Ways to Time

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:08 am UTC

Blindpost to say...

"Silly Redundakitties, giving me the Blitz boost when I have NewPixBots counting down... I can't click because I'll ninja them, so your Redundaboost is going to waste!!"

Yes, I've started playing Sandcastle Builder. I continue my Blitz when the NPBs are counting down, always with an active watch for the Kitties.

And this means that I get to watch the Newpix change in their original timings, much like the Original OTTers!

That, and I found the modified Gangnam Style lyrics by fiddling with the Coma Molpy Style activation button completely by accident. That was a delightful find, and it brought joy to my day. (Now I'm going to be singing that damn song to myself again, so "thanks" for that ED... :mrgreen:)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

THESE AREN'T THE BEESNAKES YOU'RE AUFMOLPING FOR

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:09 am UTC

Thanks for the small molpies, HES, and Randallspeed on your travels.

I'm enjoying your wolpy (dogH) stories, addams and SBN. :) My Dixie doesn't fetch, but she does sometimes play catch.

Febrion wrote:
HES wrote:Firstly, Tardigrades. But I meant relative to raptorcats and other difficult-to-ship varieties.

Instead of molpy, package contained bobcat. Will order again. 325

p.p.s. What's a TardigradeA+

100%Is that when you don't get a grade on time?

Post contained pun. Would punsaw again. Image

addams wrote:Thank you, lmjb1964.
No. You don't owe me a call.
You are all caught up and then some.

Of course, I like talking to you.
You have such an interesting, wholesome and full life.
I'm impressed, you find Time for individuals in Time.

:) Yes, life is interesting and full. Lately it's been a little too full, with both MFFSs having too much to do. Is it wholesome? Hm, I guess.

So, this is sleep-posting? Well, welcome to you, and to mikemk, both Revealers the Recent I believe.

Oh dear, GingerCat has found Sandcastle Builder. Wonder how much that will slow down xis blitz.
Speaking of the hotdog, I hope our hotdog vendor is doing molpishly.

I worked late tonight and drove home in a driving rain, which is really a misnomer because it's terrible for driving in. We've had flash flood warnings in these parts for the last couple of dips.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:52 pm UTC

I wanted to teach the SilentTimer Action Figure a new trick. (What it is I will tell later). It didn't work correctly. I couldn't find out why. After three days of debagging i finally found the mustard. How could I make such a terrible mistake? :)

The recent othercomic with the robotic garage reminds what I once drew in "A president fell off your head": The guys argue (about presidents, robots, bikes), one says: "..., any robot would tell you that". The other one goes to the nearest robot and asks "is this true?". It's a robot that grabs things and puts them on a truck. The robot grabs him and puts him on a truck.

Redundant
Spoiler:
mvjzmstd.png
askarobot.png
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:34 pm UTC

Finally made it to 50% (NP1223/2445). And there has been an incredible amount happening in the OTC!

Turns out the Beanies have a real castle. Much larger than the old sandcastle (maybe causing Cuegan a little castle envy). And they entered it, passing through a hall into some sort of audience chamber, where they finally meet the hairy one.
Who turns out to be a girl (who the OTT, after some alternatives, eventually winds up calling Rosetta)
She is a mine of information. She knows why the sea is rising and she has maps!. Turns out that the sea is rising because another sea is flowing into it. Seems that in this future time, the Straits of Gibraltar have closed up and the Mediterranean Sea has mostly dried out. Cuegan's people live at the bottom of the sea next to the hypersaline remnant of the water!. They've not climbed a mountain, they've climbed up to what we call sea-level. The castle the Beanies are using is the Chateau D'If, near modern Marseilles, and the river they've been following is the Rhone.
This is all mindblowing enough, but a disaster is unfolding. The Straits have been breached and the Atlantic is flowing in. Faster and faster as it erodes the channel, Rosetta says that the sea will fill in just days! Everyone Cuegan has ever known will be drowned under more than 2KM of water.
Rosetta says it's too late and they must say their goodbyes from here, but Cueball and Megan have other ideas. They...
RUN!! (and the mouseover text changes)
Back they go, down and down, meeting Lucky on the way who also runs! (this time from Megan :). On and on they go, finally getting close to home, but the sea is already rising. After a scary river crossing though they finally meet up with their people and are about to make a run for it over the plains to the mountain when LaPetite shows up!. She's made the top level of the sandcastle structure into a boat. New plan, they're going to raft it out!. Lets hope there are no 100M high waves as some are suggesting in the OTT

All this feverish activity in the OTC has been mirrored by feverish activity in the OTT as well. New posters popping up like weeds, old posters posting like mad, it was a great time to be there. If only I could have been. But at least I can experience it now.
SO what next. Is this the climax before the end, or just the end of Part 1. I shall carry onwards and find out.

And now I know where the names Rosetta and Chateau D'If came from in Sandcastle builder. Still chugging on with that. Dragon time now, and building Diamond Masterpieces. And finding bugs :) (looks like I developed my Abattoir a but earlier than the coders expected and ran into a few problems as a result. Serves me right :))

And now I'm reminded of the Gandalara Cycle (of books). I will have to re-read them I think. And anyone else that's looking for a good read, that's a great series.

Onwards to 55%
--Rakhal

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

addams

Re: THESE AREN'T THE BEESNAKES YOU'RE AUFMOLPING FOR

Postby addams » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:17 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
I worked late tonight and drove home in a driving rain, which is really a misnomer because it's terrible for driving in. We've had flash flood warnings in these parts for the last couple of dips.

Our worlds are so close,
yet so far away.

I'm so glad you made it home, safe and sound.

We shared a Storm!
It was impressive here, too.

Yes, A driving rain that is difficult to drive in.
By the Ocean the air was FULL of water.

Water falling down,
Water splashing up.

Water falling from the sky,
Water splashing out of the Ocean.

Water, Water Everywhere.
And; Not a drop to drink.
(The wind blew it out of the cup.)

That Storm must have been one thousand miles long.
http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/sat-bin/disp ... C_SCALE=15

What is that?
Is that another one lining up to hit us?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:46 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:If a boat is a raftcastle and a car is a carcastle, does that make an airplane an aircastle?

Why is it that transport by ship is called "Cargo" and transport by car is called "Shipment"?

addams

Postby addams » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:45 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:If a boat is a raftcastle and a car is a carcastle, does that make an airplane an aircastle?

Why is it that transport by ship is called "Cargo" and transport by car is called "Shipment"?

oh, That is funny.
Like:
We drive on 'Parkways' and we park on 'Driveways.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:02 am UTC

... and you can't run on a runway, and you can't get a taxi on a taxiway.
Spoiler:
Actually, there's an airport at the tip of Long Island (NY, USA); the fbo (airplane) parking area is at one end of the runway, and the beach is at the other end. You park the plane, and they drive you in a car to the beach. When you're ready to come back, you hoist a big ball up a flagpole, they see it, and come pick you up. So, you can get a taxi on a taxiway.
Spoiler:
Although... technically speaking, it's the runway itself. There's no separate taxiway.
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:40 am UTC

mikemk wrote:This thread is timeless

Welcome to the timeless thread, mikemk, Revealer the Recent!

Yaay, a firstpost! Welcome!
Spoiler:
„Ich bin schlafend.“ is a word-by-word translation of “I'm sleeping.” But the meaning is not the same.

Since there is no continuous form in German, the closest possible German approximation of “I'm sleeping” would require additional adverbs, for instance: „Ich schlafe gerade.“ – “I'm sleeping right now.”

The other way round, the German phrase „Ich bin schlafend.“ is just epsilonish. A more-or-less close translation into English would be: “I am a sleeping one.”

(Sorry for any Erbsenzählung; German is my native language.)

Rakhal wrote:when LaPetite shows up!. She's made the top level of the sandcastle structure into a boat. New plan, they're going to raft it out!

Rakhal is approaching T** **d! :shock: Prepare the Ice Cream! RUN!
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

NoMouse

THEY SEE ME AUFMOLPIN', THEY HATIN'

Postby NoMouse » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:41 pm UTC

Oh my GLR, poor Rakhal... He doesn't know yet. Although he's suspecting it.

Actual spoiler (for Rakhal):
Spoiler:
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:20 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:

:D And I had the same response to that as addams did.

That was a beautiful account of the storm, addams. I hear there are more on the horizon. We desperately need the rain, but could probably do without the flash flooding and landslides...

Remind me never to ask a question of a robot that puts things on trucks. I don't know that I would be likely to, but you never know.

Here's hoping Th* *nd is not too unmolpish for rakhal. I'll go get my ice cream scoop.

It's been almost two pages without a Mystery ONG. It doesn't seem like we've reached Th* *nd of the story. What are they planning to do with the tree. know, I know,
Spoiler:

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

addams

Postby addams » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:29 pm UTC

....I'm (brrr.) so c-c-cold.
I would have to know how to put a screen shot into a spoiler to show you what I see.

The reason?
Because, that site keeps updating.

Now; What I see now, is a train of clouds crashing into Northern California and Southern Oregon.

How many days long is that Train?
(My guess? 3 maybe 4.)

oh ... ughh...The Google machine knows everything that can be known.
The 7 Day Forecast is filled with that Train of Clouds crashing into a landmass.

This may be the kind of rain you asked for, lmjb1964.
Steady. Seven days of 'It is Raining' or 'It is going to Rain'.

How is your long term memory?
Will you remember what The SunShine is, when it returns?

Spoilered; 'cause, long. True Story.
Spoiler:
We had one very dark and rainy year.
Well...To be fair, we had many dark and rainy years.

One year;
The Sun went behind the clouds and other than a few days of partial clearing, stayed behind the clouds from November until March.

I knew a Three Year Old Girl one of those years.
That was a funny child. Most are.

When the Sun came out in March,
she did not remember what it was.

The way I discovered her lapse in memory was by listening to her Scream, "What is IT?? Make it STOP! It Hurts my Eyes!"

I thought the whole thing was interesting and hysterical.
She had made developmental milestones very quickly. (interesting)

And; She thought I was like a God.
She thought I could turn off The Sun. (hysterical)

And; That, Children, is why people from Northern California wear sunglasses.
The Sun hurts our eyes. Some years we don't see much of the Sun.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:03 am UTC

addams wrote:I would have to know how to put a screen shot into a spoiler to show you what I see.
The reason?

Computery stuff:
Spoiler:
As long as it's not video (like from a DVD), if you can see it, you can capture it. (With special software you can capture DVD video too, it's different because DVD video images are not written to screen memory, but regular computer stuff is, and screen capture works from screen memory)

So... there is a key (one of a set of three) in the upper right of most keyboards that says PrintScreen (or PrtScr, or something equally cryptic). Back in the old days, when Men were Men, and Giants ruled the Earth, pressing that button would send the screen's contents (which was text - this was the Old Days), to the printer (which could only print text anyway). Windows and graphics ch*rped that up, but the fix is better. Pressing it sends an image of the screen to the clipboard. You can then paste it into any graphics program, save the resulting image as a file, and upload that file (or an edited version). Control-PrintScreen, Shift-PrintScreen, and Alt-PrintScreen do similar things, but I forget which is which. One of them just copies the active window, one of them sends it to a printer, one of them... well, actually, it depends on the operating system you're using anyway, but that's the idea. Try it - it's fun!

In Linux (which is what I use), the mouse pointer isn't included by default (though it can be, and there are many other ways of doing it).
Non-computery stuff:I think there's an inverse relationship between the East Coast and the West Coast. We're having a warm spell now which will probably last a week. I'll take it. Mother nature owes us one after last year.

While that train goes past, look for LEML in the clouds.

lmjb1964 wrote:...could probably do without the flash flooding and landslides...

Remind me never to ask a question of a robot that puts things on trucks...
I do hope those two are not related! Imagine a robot that puts things on trucks and generates flash flooding and landslides! That's a robot I would definitely not strike up a conversation with!

@RakhalVerily I tell you, that though one chapter closes, another begins, of even greater majesty.
Spoiler:
That's not heretical because it includes all that came before. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

Firstpost! May have been missed. usman4864! Blitzing (reading everything), or enjoying the adventure more casually? Either way, welcome!

And speaking of blitzing, I get the feeling that somebody is getting close to the present! The excitement is palpable!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2495

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:00 am UTC

FODDERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I THINK CUEBALL IS A PRETTY HATTED YIP. XEH THWAPS TALLBEANIE AND DOESN'T AFRAID OF ANYTHING

-- posted by randompixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 am UTC

addams wrote:....I'm (brrr.) so c-c-cold.
I would have to know how to put a screen shot into a spoiler to show you what I see.

The reason?

Now; What I see now, is a train of clouds crashing into Northern California and Southern Oregon.

If I interpret your link correctly, this is what you have seen at the Time:
Spoiler:
If it rains on the sea, it seems like a waste.
Stay molpish, and warm.

ETA: New OtherComic.
Spoiler:
Now southern Michigan and Georgia get all the rain.
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:17 am UTC

Marsh'n wrote:
ergman wrote:Discuss external RELATED things so jovialbard will feel more relevant?

Well, trust and fear (my interpretation of "keeps you from doing so") are both internal (within the OTT) and Outside. So maybe I can hit both decrees at once (before another NP comes in and decrees OTTerwise). I also share the "relevance" concern, particularly when I'm blitzing. For me this is usually superceded by a "are signposts welcome?" fear, only partly assuaged by seeing sigcouragement that posts from the before-when make the after-when more molpish. I find a lot of wonderful things before-when, like your steakish OTTification @jovialbard (which I wish we'd been able to sing together live!) ... but then I assume you've all seen them and don't need to be reminded about how treeish they are. Since OTTcon, however, I am learning that there are new OTTers who have not blitzed everything, and for whom some of these wonders of the past can be found through my temporal archaeology.

This is so well stated and representative of how I myself feel as a Blitzer that I have to quote it in strong agreement.

Ongward...

Eternal Density

Singing is molpish

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:47 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:Blindpost to say...

"Silly Redundakitties, giving me the Blitz boost when I have NewPixBots counting down... I can't click because I'll ninja them, so your Redundaboost is going to waste!!"

Yes, I've started playing Sandcastle Builder. I continue my Blitz when the NPBs are counting down, always with an active watch for the Kitties.

And this means that I get to watch the Newpix change in their original timings, much like the Original OTTers!

That, and I found the modified Gangnam Style lyrics by fiddling with the Coma Molpy Style activation button completely by accident. That was a delightful find, and it brought joy to my day. (Now I'm going to be singing that damn song to myself again, so "thanks" for that ED... :mrgreen:)

You're welcome!
I was helped in getting the rhythm right by this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b84Z3IRg3VA (Minecraft Style)
I also did another version as a challenge for Desert Bus 8 in 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMQsEX02eXc
And I sang Coma Molpy Style live at OTTerCon, but I don't think there's a good recording.

In other news, my blood test and CT scan will occur later todip.
Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

addams

Postby addams » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:51 pm UTC

Thank you so much, Jose and ZoomanSP.
Jose; I'm not good at following written directions.
I think it is a skill I have lost or did not develop.

Yes. I know that must be frustrating for you.
Consider how frustrating it is for me.

ZoomanSP! Yes!
Behind the spoiler in your post is the image!

Does that look like a Train Wreck of condensation forming and crashing onto land, to you?
The 21st Century is Amazing!

We can see ourselves from outer space.
We can see the top from the top.

Yes. We do need water to fall over land.
The simple 300 foot lift the landmass gives the clouds,
tends to squeezes the water out over land. (generally)

That storm is dropping a lot of water on me.
Thank you, Storm; But, I don't need more water.
Storm!
Oh, Storm;
Please scooch down and inland a bit.

What?
Lazy Old Storm doesn't want to work against mountains and stubborn dry warm air masses.
Not when it can play with other clouds and fall into appreciative Rain Forests.

Ding! Ding! Ding!
Is it common knowledge, yet?
North America has Temperate Rain Forests.

From the Redwoods in the South to the eerie drippy Cedar Forests
where USA and Canada meet in the North.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperate_rainforest
better?

Before Google, many people thought rain forests were only in South America.
Google has made us smarter. I knew, because I lived in a rain forest.

"Look ma!"
"It's raining Up!"

https://www.google.com/search?q=clouds+ ... BFzAOLM%3A

Enough from me.
No more small talk about the weather.

Unless it does something really mean;
Like take away electricity, internet and the road out.
Last edited by addams on Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:04 pm UTC

addams wrote:That storm is dropping a lot of water on me.
Thank you, Storm; But, I don't need more water.
Storm!
Oh, Storm;
Please scooch down and inland a bit.

Ah, addams, you haver such a way with words. Here's hoping the storm doesn't take away your roads, electricity, or anything else.

In other news, uh-oh.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:30 pm UTC

Afraid!? This is the one time of the yip the rest of the fora is nearly as mad* as we are! Time to rejoice in the glorious insanity.

*as in hatOTTer

addams

Postby addams » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 pm UTC

That's because you and most other OTTERS have superior to extraordinary puzzle solving skills.
Lesser minds quake. I know, because mine is giggling in its little imaginary mind boots.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:47 pm UTC

On page 2239 there is quoted a wonderful OTTification by...

May I call you Laura, instead of your forum nick? Do I dare? Maybe if we're both on a first-name basis it'd be okay...

Hi, I'm Brad. Brad the Gingercat. *waves*

...by Laura. I had a listen and it was fantastic.

So many awesomeful discoveries so far! And I'm getting closer to The Present... So exciting!

ETA: From the same page and person: "We're like the Borg with hats." :mrgreen:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:32 am UTC

I'm trying to picture imaginary little mind boots. :D

Gingercat wrote:On page 2239 there is quoted a wonderful OTTification by...

May I call you Laura, instead of your forum nick? Do I dare? Maybe if we're both on a first-name basis it'd be okay...

Hi, I'm Brad. Brad the Gingercat. *waves*

...by Laura. I had a listen and it was fantastic.

So many awesomeful discoveries so far! And I'm getting closer to The Present... So exciting!

ETA: From the same page and person: "We're like the Borg with hats." :mrgreen:

Aw, thanks. :oops: Of course you can call me Laura! Or Laura Mae, or June Bug. Just don't call me late for supper!
But hi, Brad the Gingercat! *waves back*

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:16 am UTC

Coincidentally, "Just Don't Call Me Late For Supper" was VHF's title song for the short-lived TV cooking show "Grapes on the Vine", which was cancelled after the inappropriately inebriated chef revealed his special ingredients for an otherwise normal breakfast consisting of coffee and bacon.
The song was released later as a single, with "(I'm Trying to Picture) Imaginary Little Mind Boots" as the B-side.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:19 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Coincidentally, "Just Don't Call Me Late For Supper" was VHF's title song for the short-lived TV cooking show "Grapes on the Vine", which was cancelled after the inappropriately inebriated chef revealed his special ingredients for an otherwise normal breakfast consisting of coffee and bacon.
The song was released later as a single, with "(I'm Trying to Picture) Imaginary Little Mind Boots" as the B-side.

:azule: :D

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:25 am UTC

Hey, I got lmjb'd!
In any case, there was too much to say, and I feel bad editing posts, so have a WIP instead: https://aasg.chirpingmustard.com/chirpy/presentation/
balthasar_s: Time to stop the botch-up?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:33 am UTC

I've been Blitzing as fast as I can, keeping a watchful eye on Sandcastle DestroyerBuilder as I do so.

Here is my current progress, for anyone interested...

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

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

And if you're not, please skip the contents of this spoiler as well.

Spoiler:
The raging bots are wrecking everything, so if I get a Redundakitty and happen to be Not Lucky, I immediately spend what I can (usually on Cuegans, they're all I can afford) and watch the rest get raged to zero. Since I'm not entirely sure that I Know What I'm Doing™, does anyone have any tips? I imagine that Judgement will continue [to get worse {oh wait, "It just got worse! Judgement Dip 4!" I was right!!}] until a certain point, and until that point, my Castles total will continue to get rough-shod... But I also don't want to Google it for fear of spoilers; discoveries are fun!

Tips would be welcome in a PM if anyone feels so inclined, but if not, please don't feel obligated.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:53 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:In any case, there was too much to say, and I feel bad editing posts, so have a WIP instead: https://aasg.chirpingmustard.com/chirpy/presentation/
I need Javascript to see this. But it's only text and pictures. Also in some places the text doesn't fit the screen and it's not possible to scroll to see it.

AluisioASG wrote:balthasar_s: Time to stop the botch-up?
I don't understand this question.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:07 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Also in some places the text doesn't fit the screen and it's not possible to scroll to see it.
By reducing text size (ctrl-minus) I got it to fit.

addams wrote:Jose; I'm not good at following written directions.
I think it is a skill I have lost or did not develop.
No need to follow directions; this was to give you a better understanding of How Stuff Workstm. Sometimes things are easier to understand if you don't have to follow them. :)

Jose

ergman

//I just love interacting with y'all

Postby ergman » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:27 am UTC

Mod Madness, again? It feels like yesterday (*wistful emoji*);

These blitzers nearing the present are really exciting. Brad the whispering ginger cat! RandallSpeed;

I been busy (I keep habitually pressing control s whenever I finish a line), I'm sure you can guess with what;

But you don't care about that;
you care about this{

because something about
addams wrote:Lesser minds quake. I know, because mine is giggling in its little imaginary mind boots.

combined with your avatar just cried for a hat to shelter under. You certainly don't have to actually use it.
}
RSIR{
Spoiler:
addamshat.png
I just googled bard hat
addamshat.png (48.97 KiB) Viewed 11038 times

}
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”