1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

GOT KETCHUP?

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:19 pm UTC

Ah, there's the hamply we know and love!

I was wondering about the Antares supernova. Would it make the sky go all swirly?

Hm, maybe it's a swirly Time ripple.

ETA Popage:

Decree:

1) Thank davean for his work in migrating the forum.

2) More speculation (wild or not), including speculating on ways ShortBean might still be ok. :(

3) Put on your party clothes! The Timiversary is nigh!!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:37 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0816

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:30 pm UTC

OVERCASTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

hovYiYfGfozVk4-UiZbnhpXbmJnohojnmIbnpojop5rps5vptaXpt4fnx4vmxLXptXzop3nouLPpxsDprKLphH-Ad37DiaPclnvpiXzpfI7Tf5bhoY65l6bngn24fIXnfX7mkoeshXqii4GehnqYhoS7dG2ifIG4f6DZiYSjYoGkgnKMbna1kKrldnSTWm2ke3KMeX2zdHqmVlpoR1poY22FeWyFgm2HgmF1dWZ6a2JsZVtoZ2ykY1VaW26YU05RWl6EV2Z7QD5BOzo7a2N4ZG6bPEtTdIScd4Oid11uXWuFTGFzbHSjZXKdPlRhWG2LW3KcXHSjAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

rezilibaniatsuS

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby rezilibaniatsuS » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:03 pm UTC

[Posted from the Mirror at Thu Mar 24, 2016 09:01 AM GMT, edited]
rezilibaniatsuS wrote:However they are virtually unusable for me ATM. …

Ninja'd by Sustainabilizer! Image
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.

balthasar_s

Re: THERE'S NO CRYING IN CASSINI-MADAGASCAR

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:20 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Anyone who is in charge of a ЯОЯЯІМ, Zanclean Contingency or Mustardtime server, may make a similar change to their CSS file(s). If you inherited this server's CSS you could look for the actual problem I described recently and fix it in a more direct way.
On the mirror the sub and soperscripts still work. The mirror uses its own copy of the css. The mirror does not update currently until chqanges are made to make it work with the new OTT. but when it starts again, these will work even if in the real OTT they still don't.

Mustardtime otherotherthread:
ggh, at Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 AM GMT wrote:Sorry for the (probable) doublepost, but I'm somewhat excited about posting from the "Redundant copy of the redundant copy of the needle-pulled thing."

Also, as it appears that the mirror made me Pope, I should decree something, even though I have been stink at following decrees lately. How about: Hug, but do not chirp (even though it may be legal where you live) a molpy!

Now this will be interesting: lmjbot may ONG somewhere in a minute. Which otherthread? And if it's the first otherthread, how will it fold in with this one?

AluisioASG, at Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:04 AM GMT wrote:She's on the Otherthread.

BTW these posts won't see the light of the OTT as of right now; I'll reenable bot3 in an hour or so.

ggh, at Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:13 AM GMT wrote:Interesting.

I'll jump back there I guess.

But yes, very, very molpish that even though the forum is down (it's now showing the Apache2 Debian Default Page for me) and the Mirror does not show the last 9 posts of the mustardtime otherthread, either on its otherthread or its copy of the OTT, that this redundant mirror has already got them on its OTT copy.

Very, very molpish. :)

AluisioASG, at Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:26 PM GMT wrote:Hmm, no. bot3 is already scheduled, so posts should be OTTified when it gets back up.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:22 pm UTC

The water is cONGing over the banks! This place is ending and it's time to go. -- Megan

Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

The funicularcastle is raftcastling away. What might that mean? Image
And the Timeversary is approaching. Coincidence? I don't think so.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

CROIKEY! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE BUNGALOWS!

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:28 pm UTC

Hey, xuys! I think it is a swirly Time ripple! Look at the bushes growing up on the dam! Is this where our ill-fated tree came from? Will one of these shrubs grow into a tree? And of course, the water level would drop on the side of the dam facing the Mediterranean basis. But there would be water on the other side, righr? So that explains why they were so quickly submerged? Maybe?

ETA And it looks like the ground under the road around the city is being exposed. Or undercut, not sure.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:36 pm UTC

Maybe it's a good idea to repost the css explamnation to the migration thread while it still has attention. Increases the likehood of it being fixed.

The madness disabling option it not there anymore. I hoped to use it so that bothasar_t can click "quote" and get the actual BBcode. Useful when quoting from the mirror (not implemented yet, you can only quote from the mustardtime otherthread).

I won't be at the OTT for the timeversary. It's also the Good Friday and I can't have both at once.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964

CONSIDER THE PUNSAWS OF THE OTC

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:39 pm UTC

Well, you'll be here in spirit, for sure. And depending on the time zone, it could technically extend past Good Friday, right? So, after Good Friday, celebrate the Timiversary in Hawaii time.

And everyone, please heed the subject line! (Thanks for the reminder, Automome.) :D

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

I HAS A WHEELSTICK. YOU CAN HAS MY WHEELSTICK

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:54 pm UTC

As mentioned, fans of time (with a little t) and the measurement thereof may appreciate this non-obvious change described more adequately by @phlip:
phlip wrote:Speaking of good changes: go into your User Control Panel and update your timezone information, pick your actual timezone from the list. Then you don't have to update it any more when DST changes. And it'll show your timezone correctly on posts, instead of claiming to be UTC. And it'll handle daylight savings properly on old posts (showing the time as daylight-savings if it was active when the post was made, not depending on whether it's daylight savings right now).

lmjb1964 wrote:I admit, it doesn't look good for ShortBean. :( I haven't read Captains Courageous. Guess I should do that one day.

I think the reference was to the e**ing of the 1937 film, not the novel (or the traditional ballad).

mscha wrote:Antares supernova? (Or simply lens flare from the sun?)

Ninja'd Image by @HES and @Link and @lmjb1964; but I also predict: impending whirly Time ripple spits out BlitzGirl, wearing a beret and plotting to slip into Cueganite society un-noticed and save The Forty by raftcastle engineering.
  (but doesn't announce that she created the ONGs, because I still think it's @ChronosDragon)

balthasar_s wrote:Maybe it's a good idea to repost the css explamnation to the migration thread while it still has attention. Increases the likehood of it being fixed.

I think it's been done (start here), but you can certainly add anything you think they're missing. In particular @davean explicitly suggested that you may post there to suggest themes from the collection at phpbb.com. Each has screenshots to show you what the theme looks like, and when you download the ZIP file and un-ZIP it, you'll find the CSS files used by that theme.
  I have a correction for my previous superscript correction: Also add font-size: smaller so it says:

sub { font-size: smaller; vertical-align: sub !important; }
 sup { font-size: smaller; vertical-align: super !important; }

mrob27 Image

LISTEN UP, YOU BUNCH OF ZANCLEAN M*STARDS.
RONGS ∩ ONGS ≠ PRICKLY GRAY PIXELS
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:10 pm UTC

Swirly sky deal does look like star trails, suggesting a hyper time lapse. Also note that, as Laura Mae pointed out, the water level in the Med basin is dropping (look at the road level in the background). Will be real obvious when mscha gets enough frames to make an animation.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0818

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:30 pm UTC

SONGUINEOUS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

pajZsa7VpKPKsqvdnp-VqrTouLXtp6jpt6bsxafsxbft0sbt1anr1bPqwZ7suZ7tysPto57DrZ7tqLLdnaXWn7DdssPsn6XrqKK3rcPqnqHJopuzlZe1mp3DoZmtmpSppaG7nKGyko6yi5KzeoKLhX2Eh4uZmZCfi5Cef4uhoY6glo+ih46olYqYlIOMiIKKd3V1dn6Ei4+0gnp9h5KscG9wc3Jvb29ug4F8foaTcG9vf4F+AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

O PART, PART! WHEREFORE ART THOU PART?

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:11 pm UTC

ContinuONG to fade…
Time After Time: t-1_0819
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0819 at 20160324 23:11:24 UTC = newpix 26420.19
NOOOO THEY BE SUSTAINABILISONG MY TIMEFRAMES
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

wrbcx7fs17nu2MTtx8Pwtrbat7rnwsjuu8Pq0sbw3NDu1Lfw4bzu4cHt4brwxrjw1NLwusHdr7Xau7jwtK-Qra7TvcPwsq3Esau7op62wNHvv9HvpqW5tLHLrrDOp6GtpqnEn6PBj5WhnKO4pZukmpymnKCsmp61o5iel5SajJOYj5COiY6TkpGNioqJkI6Ok46SgH+AgYF-gH9-f35+AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
— lovingly converted from RHTF by makepost

… and sea1 level still sinkONG. Also, we seem to lose one of two of the taller buildONGs.

Time After Time: t-1_0820
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0820 at 20160325 00:15:25 UTC = newpix 26421.26
CROUCHONG OTC, HIDDEN MOPLY
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

1Mnm4svv0Mff4dPsyMnny9Ht1dHtzdPyy8ry1Mnz09Pz49Tx48vywr-R4uDzxcPcv8TgwbzKu73Rqq7AtrfGtq20v8LYw8DOtbO8rbPCrrG7squuqqu7oaGep6WonaKmn6CemZiZoJ6dop6jmp2hj5aakpGOkI+QkI+Njo2MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0821

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:50 am UTC

ONGUARDEDNESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

4tbp1tbp6+Dv49j12tr15eL20dHe3eH10M7a0c-gzs-gz9Hiw77CyMjTxsPIvcHKz9DdtrjEwb2+t7a6sbGvrrLBr7Cun6CcoqGerq-ArbG7naKlqKapsK-Asa64sK6urK26oJ+doZ6hm5qamp6hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:50 am UTC

mscha wrote:ENHANCE!

(Yes, I think she's still holding on ... and in contrast with you-kno-who, she's gonna make it.)
Brilliant! (If she does survive, tho, I think you're behind the ONGs. If she got splatted, I'm still eyeing BlitzGirl suspiciously.)

Febrion wrote:So much mustard lately, and I kept forgetting to bookmark the mirror. (Yeah, I could have googled it, but I didn't - but I've got it saved now in case this happens again)

Yay - Febrion! Seeing you without footnotes, is not as strange as I would have thought (although some of your pastposts are like written in a different language now).
I never remember to bookmark stuff, but chirpingmustard.com really does have a great list of links, right off the home page - check it out! Chirpingmustard led me to the mirror, where a bunch of us were conversing just like it was the OTT. Later, I went back and the forum was down and those posts were gone - I assumed it was because the forum had popped back briefly and they had been posted but I couldn't be sure, because the Mirror's copy of the OTT didn't have them either. That's when I used the link for the Redundamirror, which did show on its copy of the OTT the posts that had been posted from the first Mirror, which was really useful.

Speaking of chirpingmustard, there's also the link to mrob's live replay, which starts in about 3 newpix!
I thought there was also a link to aluisio's video thingie, but I can't find it now, so maybe I was finding that some other way before I fell into the basement.

SBN - glad to hear LW's ailment is not zanclean, and hoping that managing it goes molpishly! Pics of the grandwolpy or it didn't happen!

June Bug! I think of your yinzerness every time the Little Wonder says "slippy". She says "slippy" a lot. :)

Also - agreed! davean's forum migration was/is pretty wowterful! Favourite little new feature: that the jump-to-page button looks like a jump-to-page button now. It took me longer than I care to admit to learn that the last one existed.

balthasar_s wrote:Mustardtime otherotherthread:
ggh, at Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:59 AM GMT wrote:Sorry for the (probable) doublepost, but I'm somewhat excited about posting from the "Redundant copy of the redundant copy of the needle-pulled thing."
Wow, that was so not a double-post. The post I thought it would directly follow was my popitude of NP2451.

mrob27 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:I admit, it doesn't look good for ShortBean. :( I haven't read Captains Courageous. Guess I should do that one day.

I think the reference was to the e**ing of the 1937 film, not the novel (or the traditional ballad).
Yep - to be honest - I don't think I've ever seen that whole movie, but I saw this scene when I was a kid and it really stuck with me. It's pretty endish, so don't click if you don't want to see endish.

mrob27 wrote:Ninja'd Image by @HES and @Link and @lmjb1964; but I also predict: impending whirly Time ripple spits out BlitzGirl, wearing a beret and plotting to slip into Cueganite society un-noticed and save The Forty by raftcastle engineering.
  (but doesn't announce that she created the ONGs, because I still think it's @ChronosDragon)

I still think collaboration.

ETA: Hi, moody!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mrob27

<COMPUTERY STUFF> IS MOUNTAINISH.

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:13 am UTC

All this talk of multiple mirrors makes me realise how cool it is to be with so many people that enjoy sustain(ibilis)ing the community.

ggh wrote:I still think collaboration.

Oh I forgot. Yes, I believed that before when it was discussed, and now that you remind me, I think that's more likely too.

Maybe it was CD and BG, sitting in a tree, O-N-G-G-I-N-G.

mrob27 Image

MOUNTAINISHONGST FOR MY ENDISH FRIENDS,
AND ENDISH ONGST FOR MY MOUNTAINISH FRIENDS.

Spoiler:
my redundant t-1{0821} ONG was here…

ENHANCE!

(Edit to Spoiler most of my ONG, though the remapt version is still not showing up right in mschabot's ONGs. chirpingmustard.com/ots/frames/t-1/remapped/remapt-1_0822.png works but chirpingmustard.com/ots/frames/t-1/remapped/remapt-1_0821.png doesn't… why?
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:00 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0822

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:20 am UTC

GONGTOK...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

5OLt5N-q8ef35uX23+Ht3Nzm1tTY0tDPyszSztDW0c-R0M7PyMjLvsHKwMC+wL++wb7Fsa60tbO7sK+usbGvt7nDqKepoZ+doaGer7LAr7CuoZ6hray1rrG+nqKlmpqZkpGOm56hkI+QkI+NjY2Lj4+QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0823

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:50 am UTC

CONGLOMERATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

8e338Onv8fH77-D67ez15OPm4d-h3+Dj3d7h2dnb4N7f0NDPwMC-ztDWsbCv0M-P0M-SxcXKvsHIwb7EwL+-y8zStbS7r7CusK+uqKepoqGesa63ubrDoZ6ioZ+dr7PAgYF-mJeYrrG9rK25kpGOgH+AkI+NkY+RnqGkn6Cdj5CNioqJj46QnJ2hfn59gH9+f4B9AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0824

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:20 am UTC

INSPIRONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

9fT58O-y7-Dz7u7w6+rr3+Dj4ODf1tba0M-PwMC-3d7hv8C+sbGvwL+-trW7xcbKv8HHz9DVzM3Swb-DqKapsK+uoqGekId-oZ6d0M-Rl5aXsa62kZGOu7vDop2jrKq1rrG5j5CMnqGkkI6MjpGUiIeHgoF+npuhjI2Rf32Af4B8kY6Re3p4gX57gX6Bc3Jtb3BqcG9sampnb25x4N-hYmJeXV1cX2BeAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

NI NI NI NI NI BLINDPOST PING-PONG BALL

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:22 am UTC

I keep getting ninja'd by mschabot and I'm realising the ONGs are coming every shortpix now!

Also, the remapt images are rapidly becoming black-and-white and 2.5-Dimensional :D

STEAMBOTTLISHMIPS FOR MY PRICKLY FRIENDS,
AND PRICKLY MIPS FOR MY STEAMBOTTLISH FRIENDS.

Time After Time: t-1_0825
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0825 at 20160325 02:45:12 UTC = newpix 26423.75
REAL TRANSLATEOONGS USE AN OTT.
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

+Pf57-Dx7u-w5+fp4ODf0NDPwMC-1tbZsLCvwL+-oaGe3+DjoZ6e3d7hkZGOmZeZxcXJpqSrtrW6wL-Dg4F9z9DUiYeIkI6NzM3Rv8DGjpGSsa61kY6TfoGEr7C3n6CioZ6nvLzCfoB6rKqzgX57npykeXd4gX6Cb29tc3JtgHhvamlnfX2BcW5rcW9xjouRY2JdX2BaWVlWXl1hYV9hYV5aU1NNUE9NSkpHQD8-QkM+PT07AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!

The remapped frame doesn't show up yet (at the expected URL), presumably because the balthenhancinatorbot doesn't know these are ONGing so fast… So I'll have to upload mine.
Spoiler:
ENHANCE!
(Spoilered now that the above image shows up properly)

Aaaaaand now there's yet another one.
Time After Time: t-1_0826
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0826 at 20160325 03:10:00 UTC = newpix 26424.17
THERE'S NO CRYONG IN THE OTC
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

-Pz87-Dx4N-f5ufp7u-w1tfaz9DTxsbJwL+-sLCvoaCfg4F9kZGPkI+OmJWa3+DjiYaK3d7htrW6pqSqv8DFwL7Czc3RfoB6c3JtsK60eHZ4b3Bqko2UoZ6lgX18gn2DZGNcf4GFaWhnXmFZoJ6ffnuBrKuyjoqRXWFicW5yvL3Cb2xwcW5rU1JNnZqiQkI9YV5aWVdWUU9RSklHYV5iUE9LT09MX1xgOzs4Pz5AQD88P0JCP0A7QD9BMDArJCMbAAAAGBMPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!

Compare to the first frame of Time:

and compare the trees in the lower-right of the remapt image to the first t-1 frame:

In not-so-impossibly-RELATED news, my Time replay viewer will begin replaying Time at 04:00 UTC, less than a nopix from now.

mrob27 Image

ONE OF THESE NOPIX, ROUNDHAIR IS JUST GOING TO ENHANCE *
TO THE FULL SCREENPLAY OF "CORINNING ON DOOM BANANAS". TWICE.

Spoiler:
t-1enh_0825.png
t-1 frame 0825, with colours remapped by mrob27

Eternal Density

Rime"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:33 am UTC

apricity wrote:You have been bequeathed a forum. Use it well. viewforum.php?f=47

I have? Wow, thanks. Sorry it took me 5 days to notice this, I haven't been around for a while.
Wait, maybe you weren't talking to me specifically...

Anywho... boaboabs, everything looks epsilon. What's going on? What is this Madness? Why has the forum become more riverish in my browser? Wh do I have notifications and a tiny version of my avatar animating beside my name at the top of the layout? This will take some getting used to.

Sorry it took so long for me to post my 5000th post. Sadly, I haven't thought of anything creative. Well unless you count Hallucinations of a Time Accessor, and it wasn't me who created that, and it's been going for some Time. However, I do have some good news. Not about my health - I won't have any news about that until Tuesday - but about possible future projects involving teaching OTTish to my Time Accessor.

I have ordered some new Organised Sand! I don't expect to see it for a wip or so, but once it gets here, I'll be able to make it do things that are more seaish at a more raptorish pace! And it'll support CUDA properly so I can do char-rnn stuff (that's what makes things like Hallucinations work) properly. And without it overheating. It actually has a liquid CPU cooler :D

Here's my PC build. It's actually in a fairly riverish case. But seaish things come in riverish packages!
Spoiler:
Mini-ITX Gaming Case: 1 x $69.0000 [Thermaltake Suppressor F1 Mini-ITX Mini Tower Case]
Intel Skylake Processor: 1 x $357.0000 [Intel Core i5 6600K Quad Core LGA 1151 3.5 GHz Unlocked CPU Processor]
CPU Cooling: 1 x $159.0000 [NZXT Kraken X41 140mm AIO Liquid CPU Cooler]
Mini-ITX Intel Motherboard: 1 x $269.0000 [Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 LGA1151 Mini-ITX Motherboard]
DDR4 Memory: 1 x $149.0000 [G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz Desktop Memory Red F4-2400C15D-16GVR]
Video Card: 1 x $509.0000 [Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Windforce OverClocked 4GB Video Card]
Power Supply: 1 x $119.0000 [Thermaltake Toughpower GOLD 550W Modular Power Supply]
Storage (SSD & HDD): 1 x $129.0000 [Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD MZ-75E250]
UPS / Power Protection: 1 x $26.9800 [Huntkey 4 Outlet Surge Protected Powerboard with Dual 5V 2.1A USB Ports]
Warranty Options: 1 x $119.0000 [National Warranty Services Standard PC On-Site Warranty - 3 Years Up to $3,000]
Advanced Build Options: 1 x $14.9900 [High Performance CPU Thermal Compound Application]
Advanced Build Options: 1 x $19.0000 [CPU Cooler Upgrade Service ('Does not include CPU cooler Unit)]
Assembling Fee: $99.99
Total: $2,039.96
I still need to do some shopping for displays. I think I'll get a pair of 1080p monitors somewhere around the 20 inch mark, which can be had for under $200 each. I've done some online research (as I did for the computer, and that took floor(pi) dips!) but for displays actually seeing them in person before purchasing is necessary. Though it's likely they'll be cheaper online. We'll see...
Spoiler:

I should have posted something - anything - a lot sooner, but I heard the Madness was happening and I don't have the balls.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0827

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:50 am UTC

TEASONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

-v7+7u-w3+Di5+fp3t7hxsbJwMC-zc3Rz9DS1tbYtra5sLCvoaCfmJWZkJCPp6apgoF+iYaJgX18cnFtf4B9eHV5cWhfbnBqcW1qY2NdsK+0X2BiXmBZWVhXU1NNUU5KTlBKYV5anZujaWdoYVlPYV5iUEs-T01QfnmBrayywL-CjoqRSklHX1xgko2Vb2txPkE5oZ6kv8DEvb3Ccm1zgn2EUk5SREM8Qj5COzo4PjtBoJ+gQT45MS4sNjYqAAAAFhIQKigmIR0XQDsuJyYZGBcFKikUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE MOLPISAURI

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:55 am UTC

Cueball's knee is just off the left-hand edge of the frame.
Once again, the ENHANCED image isn't showing up for me… so here ya go

Hi, @Eternal Density! Happy postiversary — fifty hundred posts! :shock: Your new system build sounds like it'll be quite the Time Accessor.

ETA: ONG!!!
Happy New Yip — 3 A.T.

Spoiler:
t-1enh_0827.png
t-1 frame 0827, colour-remapped by mrob27
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:02 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Three Yips Old!

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:00 am UTC

Threeish Timeversary, everymolpy!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0828

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:20 am UTC

FOREKNOWONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

----7+-w5+fpz9DSzc7R1tbYxsbJwL-Ct7a53t7h3+DisK+yp6apl5WYoKCfkJCOgoF+iIWJjoqRfnmBeHV5cnFtbmpxcm10aWZokY2UgX18cW1qX2Bhf4B-WVhXY2Jdb3FqTk9MU1JNYl5iUU5KoZ6kXmBZUk5SYV5aX1tgYFhOSklHnZuiREQ8PkE3gn2EPztBQj1COjk4vb3CrayxUEk-QTovIx0jAAAAMi0zKycnGBcEHR8UEgwJGxcYNjYqMC4oQT44KCcZKSgUIhwSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Eternal Density

HAPPY TIMMYVERSARY TO ALL!

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:27 am UTC

HI BLITZGIRL!
Sorry I vanished right before your return.

ergman wrote:the 503s are over! Blitzgirl is back! The modness is upon us! The ongs are back, and speeding up! Gingercat is approaching!

what an exciting time! Celebrate with some colorONGs:
Spoiler:

These were made with Deep Dream, which I'm surprised hasn't come up here earlier (or it did and I missed it). It's practically an AutoOtcolorizer, albeit nowhere near as good as the real deal. These are the "Pepe" and "Mixed Berries" filters respectively, both applied to frame 2154. I used https://dreamscopeapp.com although there are a variety of sites for it, and someone who understands the code of it all can make their own. Maybe someone with more Time than I could make an OTC filter, so that any photo may be OTTifited!
Spoiler:
fruitdream.jpeg
pepedream.jpeg

As some have already said, it's been mentioned. I also wanted to use a similar kind of thing called StyleTransfer to make some OTCs. But my TimeAccessor couldn't handle it. That's another reason I'm pleased to be purchasing a new one. BTW, Hallucinations of a Time Accessor works on the same kind of principles.

Molpish Timversary to all, and many wingghish returns!
(also I'm nearly ketchupped)

ETA
BAOBABS, I got ninja'd by T** Beginning!
Also, I'm now ketchupped :D There was much molpishness to enjoy!
Also, thanks mrob27.

For previous page's degree, three things that come to mind are:
1. The OTTerConcert attached to OTTerCon2015
2. Being an OTTer among OTTers. It's so molpish to belong, y'know.
3. Sandcastle Builder. Becoming the Hotdog Vendor changed my life significantly!
and because why follow the rules?
4. Vital Hotdog Function. It's just a fun longrunning joke
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:54 am UTC

applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause!

So who's going to be the first to decipher that proto-beanish signature?

I have to run (what lousy timing) but I can't wait to see!

And Happy Timeiversary, y'all!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 am UTC

*bows to the mystery author*

Truly like a steak, and so many mysteries still to solve!

Happy timiversary, everymolpy!

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

davean
Site Ninja

Postby davean » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:33 am UTC

Everything good here after the migration?

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:54 am UTC

Molpy up!

Molpish Timeversary!

Molpy downzzzzzzzzzz
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:26 am UTC

davean wrote:Everything good here after the migration?

Everything's fine as far as I've seen and heard, except for CSS-related things adequately covered by the discussion on the migration thread. I think that says a lot, inasmuch as a lot of folks here use userscripts and stylesheets, and there are two people who have brought up mirrors (only of this thread) on their own custom servers using other versions of phpBB. There were changes to make, and some still underway… but if stuff was gonna break hard, we'd've probably heard by now. I parse the HTML and found the changes very minimal.

On the good side, a few have noted some improvements (mobile view is better, timezone setting actually works, etc.) and a general happiness with having a newer server. You were explicitly thanked twice, or 3 times if you count me right now.

Eternal Density wrote:and because why follow the rules? 4. Vital Hotdog Function.

Well, we do seem to have a little trouble with numbers, don't we? ;)

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:10 am UTC

Molpish Tim(e)iversary, Everymolpy!!

Wow, and an amazing *nd to the MysteryONGs! Bravo!! Will the author be revealed now, I wonder? And explain some of the mysteries along the way? It was an amazing series. But I'm still sad about ShortBean. :(

davean wrote:Everything good here after the migration?

Mostly.1

1 Except superscripts don't work, making footnotes hard to read.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Neil_Boekend

Re: GOT KETCHUP?

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:46 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Decrees:

1) Thank davean for his work in migrating the forum.
Done. In the forum migration thread.

lmjb1964 wrote:2) More speculation (wild or not), including speculating on ways ShortBean might still be ok. :(
Aquaman sent some dolphies to save both the Beanies.

lmjb1964 wrote:3) Put on your party clothes! The Timiversary is nigh!!
My party clothes are completely transparent. I hope that is OK.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:47 am UTC

Oops, I tried to edit my post, and ended up posting a second post that was exactly the same as my earlier post.

For decree, thanks, davean, for all your work!

And, Neil, since you are transparent, that your party clothes are transparent is only fitting.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 am UTC

Molpish Timiversary, everymolpy !
Accompanied by a great round of applause for the MysteryONGs! 'Twas baobabishly steakish, and coinciding the *ndbeginning with the Timiversary was a great idea!

Also for decree: Thank you, davean, for a smooth(ish, but DNS propagation isn't your fault ^^) migration.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:15 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Oops, I tried to edit my post, and ended up posting a second post that was exactly the same as my earlier post.

For decree, thanks, davean, for all your work!

And, Neil, since you are transparent, that your party clothes are transparent is only fitting.

I am only partly transparent. My partly clothes on the other hand are fully transparent.
I've been working out though. Turns out ethereal muscles really easily build.
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Link

Postby Link » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:16 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Molpish Tim(e)iversary, Everymolpy!!

Wow, and an amazing *nd to the MysteryONGs! Bravo!! Will the author be revealed now, I wonder? And explain some of the mysteries along the way? It was an amazing series. But I'm still sad about ShortBean. :(

Image To all of this!

t-1 is a really really wowterful, nay, wowterbabfulsome Tymiversary present!

May I suggest we take a moment's silence for ShortBean, and then party like it's 3!!? (That really doesn't sound as good as "party like it's 1999"... but we'll have to hide from Corinne for a very long Time before it's 1999!)

Molpish Tymiversary, everymolpy!

ETA: by the way, does anymolpy have a dem*starded version of the Post Enumerator user script? (I really don't feel like dem*starding it myself at this moment.)

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:41 am UTC

Link wrote:ETA: by the way, does anymolpy have a dem*starded version of the Post Enumerator user script? (I really don't feel like dem*starding it myself at this moment.)

This seems to work :

/*!
// ==UserScript==
// @namespace time.aasg.name
// @author Aluísio Augusto Silva Gonçalves <aasg@chirpingmustard.com>
// @name Post Enumerator
// @version 0.3.0
// @description Number posts in a page so you know if you'll be pope or goat
// @match http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php*
// @match http://fora.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php*
// @match http://echochamber.me/viewtopic.php*
// @match http://www.forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php*
// @match http://www.echochamber.me/viewtopic.php*
// @grant none
// @updateURL http://time.aasg.name/userscripts/PostEnumerator.meta.js
// @downloadURL https://userweb.fastmail.fm/time.aasg.name/userscripts/PostEnumerator.user.js
// ==/UserScript==
*/
define('PostEnumerator.user',[],function(){
  var i$, ref$, len$, i, el;
  for (i$ = 0, len$ = (ref$ = document.querySelectorAll('.postbody > div > h3:first-of-type > a')).length; i$ < len$; ++i$) {
    i = i$;
    el = ref$[i$];
    el.textContent = "[#" + (i + 1) + "]  " + el.textContent;
  }
});
/*!
 * `define` shim for our userscripts.  Assumes all dependencies have
 * been already loaded by the r.js optimizer and calls module factory
 * functions as soon as they are defined.
 */
function define(module, deps, factory){
  var dependencies, res$, i$, len$, dependency;
  define.registry == null && (define.registry = {});
  res$ = [];
  for (i$ = 0, len$ = deps.length; i$ < len$; ++i$) {
    dependency = deps[i$];
    if (!dependency in define.registry) {
      throw new Error("Missing dependency '" + dependency + "' for '" + module + "'");
    }
    res$.push(define.registry[dependency]);
  }
  dependencies = res$;
  define.registry[module] = factory.apply(null, dependencies);
}
define('define.shim',[], function(){});

It seems an extra div was added between the .postbody div and the h3
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Link

_SANDISHNESS 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO_

Postby Link » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 am UTC

Steakish! Thanks!

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np981

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:00 am UTC

BLUNDERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THIS IS A HATTED RHINOCEROLPY. IT IS MADE OF MIP AND CHUPAMOLPIES.

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:08 am UTC

Thanks a baobab for that wowterful Time After Before Time story, Image!

I guess we'll never know it our Beanie friends have survived...

ETA animation of the final ENHANCEd whirly timelapse scene:
Spoiler:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”