1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Eternal Density

1190: "Timeversarry!"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:44 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Oops, I tried to edit my post, and ended up posting a second post that was exactly the same as my earlier post.

For decree, thanks, davean, for all your work!

And, Neil, since you are transparent, that your party clothes are transparent is only fitting.

I am only partly transparent. My partly clothes on the other hand are fully transparent.
I've been working out though. Turns out ethereal muscles really easily build.

Partly clothes? They look like no clothes at all!

Unanticipated Hot Diggety Dog Decree:
Celebrate!
Celebrate OTTish, Timey, molpish, redundant forumal, and any other RELATED things!
And redundant things too. Or redundant thONGs.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:54 am UTC

davean wrote:Everything good here after the migration?

Seems like searches aren't finding everything. Seems like I can only find pre-migration things. I could be wrong about that but I know for sure that if I search my own posts the newest one that comes up is pre-migration. And that I've searched for things I was pretty sure had been said, and failed to find them.

But, seriously, thank you. I have some inkling of how much work that must have been.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Time Revisited - np15

Postby mscha » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:10 am UTC

TRAILBLAZUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:RANDOMPIXBOT BANG: BANG! AND THE RAPTORFELINITY IS GONE!

-- posted by oldpixbot

NoMouse

ATTACK ITS WEAK POINT FOR DUNEISH WOWTERFULNESS

Postby NoMouse » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:46 pm UTC

Oh no, I missed the Begend! (or Bag End? (Oh ch*rp, I forgot Blitzgirl's back with her punsaw, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! Image ))

I thought the enhancONGs are going to transition into the first frame of t-1's classicONGs but it e**ded sooner. Anyway, that was molpish beginning and very unmolpish end (the poor beanie didn't even move as he raftcastled away, I bet if we had better resolution, we would see a Zanclean amount of tears :cry: :cry: :cry: ). But it was very well done steakish and the Timing of the endinning was perfect1. *huge and long applause*

So.... will the mysteryauthor reveal themselves? I still haven't dismissed the possibility that BlitzGirl was somehow involved.

1Funny, that the Mod Madness included a sieve that changed "the end" into "the beginning". Coincidence? *suspicious look* 2
2These numbers will be in superscript, once the mods repair the CSS

EDIT: fixed punsaw smiley
Last edited by NoMouse on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:54 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:16 pm UTC

Yeah, I think you're right - I'm kinda glad we didn't have that greater resolution. :(

I could be wrong, but I think we have to reveal the mystery author(s). Xey/They already provided the Image and we just need to figure out how to read that. The first character is like one on the cement turners, and something like the upslanting W one appears on the warning sign on the fence. The x in the middle reminds me of a sister on the moon, but I think that's just coincidence - there are x's all over this language.

I really really really gotta molpy down.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:45 pm UTC

Had a feeling that the t-1 mystery ONGs were going to finish right on the anniversidip ONG.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

HES

Postby HES » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:57 pm UTC

Did the fora mustard force the shortpix rush at the end, then?
He/Him/His Image

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:27 pm UTC

Happy Timeversary, everymolpy!
It's treeish to see oldpixbot again.

Standing ovations for the Mystery Author!
Very steakish! You even managed the smooth transition from t-1 to t – and from t-1(3d) to t-1 itself. :) (Ninja'd by mrob27 and ggh, but you are either ChronosDragon or someone with ChronosDragonish 3d abilities. I also suspect that BlitzGirl is involved. Some parts of the story are her style. The 2d drawing style OTOH is not hers. This field needs further investigations. BTW, this is my 10000000th post.)

Congratulations, davean, for the smooth transition to a new hardware and a new version of phpBB. I know how much work it is and appreciate that you are doing that for us.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:35 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:Happy Timeversary, everymolpy!

Indeed. If you've ever read a book, and at the end feel both that it was perfect, and that it shouldn't have ended? I have those feels.

I do hope we get a "The making of"/"Did you notice" series at some point.

I know I need this... If anyone else does, help yourselves.

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:44 pm UTC

Happy Timeiversary!

Applause for Image's steakish story!

(Clearly the mystery author must be wearing a beanie. That's why xeir name is written in Beanish. Okay, which OTTers have beanies?)

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:46 pm UTC

Happy Timeversary everyONG!
It is the Dawn of Time - the beginning of Innocence - Time to celebrate the carefree life the Cuegan were sharing during the first wips of Time. Little did we know, when those first ONGs came silently upon us, what a wowterful community it would spawn, and how much each individual grain of sand matters, no matter how seaish the sandcastle it's a part of.

Top three OTT events / things. Hmmm... so hard to pick, and it also depends what qualifies as a "thing" or "event". But let's not overthink it.

1: BlitzGirl's Holy Quest can't go unmentioned - it had a large hand in shaping the OTT into the wowterful thing it is today. But to pick a singular event, I'd say the "Boom de Yada" Present Present she made, and that Yappo later orchestrated.

2: OTTcoloreds, specifically the very first one, which made me go "wow!". That one was by mscha.

3: Balthasar's movie "Time - what have you done to me?" (especially its very last frames)

4: Actually seeing the OTTers at the OTTcon. Avatars and text are nice, but there's something about seeing the real people in action behind them.

5 is right out! There's so much more though... like the performances of Blitz Like the Wind and Starry Starry Night (so touching June Bug!) and there are things, like the wiki and edfel's map, that I didn't appreciate at the time (seriously? a wiki??). But all in all, there's nothing I don't treasure here; this is such a warm and welcoming community. Smopu hvala nuvi dict amuah! She also knows what you saw. It makes her smile.

Thundering applause for the still-a-mystery ONGs! Awesomefully steakish baobab there! I consider that to be canon also. (And while I'm at it, the visitation/wedding ONGs are also canonical in my book.) So... whodunit? ChronosDragon/BlitzGirl is a possibility, but it's not BlitzGirl's style. CD is still in the running, though I don't know if he could squeeze it in his first year at college. Many NP ago someOTTer mentioned doing something special in Steam. That's where my money goes.

I wonder if the original blue-stuff poured into the sea was a kind of radioactive dye, to measure the flow, and upon concluding that there was mustard, bring in the cement mixers. And that the printer cartridges were sets of thin laminate-like material which was being put together, postage-stamp fashion, to form the frame (I'd been wondering where the material came from; I just figured out it could be like old-style razor-blade cartridges. Yeah, I'm not all that raptorish in the kopf. :) ) I also wonder about the Christmas lights in the trees. Perhaps an artifact of fade, perhaps lightningfacebugs.

Brilliant bookending.

And to the angel davean (I know better than to capitalize his name!), not only thanks for your seaish efforts in migrating the forum, but also for stopping by here specifically.

HES wrote:Did the fora mustard force the shortpix rush at the end, then?
I think so.

And molpish thoughts for Eternal Density as he awaits results. Sana te sana, colita de rana. Si no sana hoy, te sana mañana.

Jose
(note - 4 is just a seaish 3, and redundancy is molpish!)
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

MOLPISH TIMEVERSARY

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:22 pm UTC

Image Thank you for the new ONGs, author(s) of the t-1 series!
Thanks davean for a successful forum migration, now with added working footnotesyay!
Thanks for the demustarded Post Enumerator script, karhell!
Thanks for the animated sequences, mscha !
Thanks for punsaw awareness, NoMouse! :mrgreen:
Happy 10000000 posts, Sustainabilizer!
SBN, thank you for the useful ice cream at t** **d of t-1. May I suggest we frequent this establishment?
Spoiler:

Molpy birthdip, Time!
Spoiler:

Also also, hamply birthdip Image !
Spoiler:

On t-1 speculation, I've noticed the semi-sketchy style of t-1 and so I wonder if the classic 2.5D drawings are meant to represent actual sketching by a character in that setting. And we've seen a prolific sketcher in Time After Time previously. So my theory is that Image is the Beanish name of Ms. Frizzle, sketchwizard of the Beanies, and that this is an illustrated history.

And on reflection, at least one of the Beanies doing the engineering would of course have to survive the process so that the rest of the Beanies (including Rosetta) could learn about what had happened. So Tallbean makes it!

ucim wrote:I wonder if the original blue-stuff poured into the sea was a kind of radioactive dye, to measure the flow, and upon concluding that there was mustard, bring in the cement mixers.

I still have to go back and ketchup almost all of t-1, but my initial impression of your description is that it sort of sounds like a slurry process. I don't think that's typically done in the open sea1 but the people of the skyscrapers might be using an adapted technique.

Eternal Density wrote:HI BLITZGIRL!

HI ED!

Sustainabilizer wrote:The option has dissappeared. :(

Oh, m*stard. It might come back for the Madness. But I would guess most mods would prefer it to stay away. We'll have to
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

mrob27 wrote:PredictiONG:
Spoiler:

So that's where the swirly multicolored Time vortex came from! It must have just released me to the OTT a bit early because Madness!

yay molpish
1 big, even when dammed
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Re: MOLPISH TIMEVERSARY

Postby taixzo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:38 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yay molpish
1 big, even when dammed

Hooray, footnotes are fixed!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:09 pm UTC

Three Awesomeful Yips!
A molpish Timeversary to everyOTTer!

Congratulations, Image!
I enjoyed your prequel to Time very much. With the parallel story in the HiddenOngs you opened the dam door to a whole new Sea¹ of storytelling. The Timing was steakish. And you succeeded to rename a mystery.

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Congratulations, Image!
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:07 pm UTC

Act 3, scene 20
At rise: The nave of the Cathedral of the Order of the Holy Contradiction, with the Crystal Organ upstage. There are unwrapped Hershey's kisses scattered on the floor. The Crystal Organ' whirly bits have begun to turn, and overhead it displays a flickering sideways image of BlitzGirl's face lying on the floor, with part of her pink boa gently draped across her neck. The Pope and Fifth Cleric, both barefoot, are looking up at it.

The Pope wrote:He found her! I can't believe it - and at the Dawn of Time itself no less!
Fifth Cleric wrote:Nae, it strains credulity dunnit?
The Pope wrote:Quick, my sandals. We have shoe and I have no shoes to talk on! Ch*rp these rules-of-the-sacrament!

The Pope exits quickly SR. There is a huge thunderclap, which echoes through the nave.
Fifth Cleric wrote:That's odd...it was blue sky just this morning.

Seventh Cleric enters, along with Third Cleric and Sixth Scribe. They don't notice the image on the Crystal Organ right away.
Seventh Cleric wrote:Is everything ready for the Stations of the... Oh. My. Randall!
Third Cleric wrote:What?
Seventh Cleric wrote:It's BlitzGirl!

Third Cleric looks up and sees the image, Sixth Scribe looks around.
Sixth Scribe wrote:Where? I don't see her.

Third Cleric gives Sixth Scribe a knock on the head.
Sixth Scribe wrote:Ch*rp!
Third Cleric wrote:Up there - in the organ!
Sixth Scribe wrote:Of course, up in the organ. Why didn't I think of that? Where else would I look for somebody who's sallied off and been missing for mips and mips?
Seventh Cleric wrote:She didn't "sally off". First of all her name isn't "Sally". And second of all, she doesn't look well.
Fifth Cleric wrote:She looks bonny to me! I'd do 'er

Seventh Cleric gives Fifth Cleric a knock on the head.
Fifth Cleric wrote:Chr*rp!
Seventh Cleric wrote:Her name isn't "Bonny" either, and that's no way to talk about such an esteemed BlitzGirl. A BlitzGirl the First, no less. BlitzGirl, the First and only BlitzGirl the First, is in serious trouble, and all you can do is think of...
Fifth Cleric wrote:Hey, she was the one singing "Climb Every Molpy!"
Third Cleric wrote:She is beautiful though, sleeping with her pink boa like that.
Fifth Cleric wrote:She ain't.
Sleepin', that is.
She's dead.
Spoiler:
Sixth Scribe wrote:Dead? Nah, she's sleepin'
Fifth Cleric wrote:Dead. Deceased. Demised. I know a dead BlitzGirl when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
Sixth Scribe wrote:No. She's just resting. BlitzGirls need their beauty rest too, you know. Remarkable molpies, BlitzGirls are. Beautiful plumage.
Third Cleric wrote:The plumage don't enter into it, and I'd hardly call our esteemed colleague a "molpy". Ok, if she's resting, let's wake her up. Hellloooo BlitzGirl! Wake up wake up wake up it's time to get bag to business!
Sixth Scribe wrote:Look, if you parrot Monty Python, you'll just leave her stunned. But don't worry, in just a minute or two, she's going figure out what you said, muscle out of her coma, and Vitssagen Ja!
Fifth Cleric wrote:She couldn't "Vitssagen Ja!" if you put four thousand volts through 'er. This BlitzGirl's in the bleedin' choir invisible! She's expired and gone to meet her maker. This BlitzGirl is no more.
Sixth Scribe wrote:No, she's sleeping. Beautiful plumage.
Fifth Cleric wrote:She's not an "is", she's a "was"! She has ceased to be. She's berift of life. She's a stiff. She's long past her expiration date. This... is an ex-BlitzGirl.

The Pope rushes in with one sandal on his foot. He's talking into the other sandal which he holds in his hand.
The Pope wrote:First Cleric - can you hear me? What's going on?

Up on the Crystal Organ, there are (sideways) footfalls, BlitzGirl is dragged away offscreen, there are more footfalls, and then there is a lot of blurred motion as if the transmitting shoe had been kicked to a different location. We're now looking sideways at a seaish sea, with equally seaish raftcastles on it. Something scurries in front of the shoe and is gone. Then the image flickers out.

There is more thunder.
The Pope wrote:We've lost shoe.
Fifth Cleric wrote:Aye. And we've lost BlitzGirl.
Sixth Scribe wrote:She's resting.
The Pope wrote:Well, we can't rest. We'll go by BlitzRocket if we have to.
Third Cleric wrote:And who's going to fly the thing? I've seen the way you come out of it.
The Pope wrote:I can fly it.

Second Scribe enters.
Second Scribe wrote:I don't think that's such a good idea. Besides, have you seen the sky?

The Pope comes downstage to where the Great Door would be, and looks out.
The Pope wrote:Oh. My. Randall! Those swirly colors... where have I seen that before? I'm sure it means something.

There is another huge thunderclap, which echoes in the nave.
The Pope wrote:If only I could remember what that's supposed to mean... Just as we're getting ready for the Dawn of Time.
Second Scribe wrote:Gingercat is getting pretty close.

There is another deep rumbling thunderclap.
The Pope wrote:It's been so long... I hardly thought it possible! But of course, that means that's what it must be. A BlitzGirl is arriving! Make ready!
Third Cleric wrote:And what about the original BlitzGirl?
Second Scribe wrote:Can't fly a BlitzRocket in this.
The Pope wrote:Where's Yappobiscuits? See if he can run this Crystal Organ backwards and ENHANCE! Molpy up everyone!

Everyone else scurries out, leaving just the Pope and Second Scribe.
Second Scribe wrote:You were really going to fly that thing? You're braver than I thought.
The Pope wrote:Well, I wasn't going to fly it all curvy like you do. Why should I deliberately make myself seasick?
Second Scribe wrote:And how were you going to navigate?
The Pope wrote:With my shoe. Go straight that way until the signal is strongest, then make a right or left turn. I assume that would work, right?
Second Scribe wrote:Uh oh!
Jose
<-- previous (NP 2439) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki) | (NP 2466) next-->
Last edited by ucim on Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:58 pm UTC

I'm resting!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:30 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I'm resting!
You mean, you don't want to go on the cart?

Jose

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:13 pm UTC

AotC! Yay!
Taking reverent irreverence to the next level. Or is it irreverent reverence?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:26 pm UTC

ucim wrote:

I'm getting better!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

StormAngel

Ottomeme said "REDUNDANCY IS MOLPHISH"

Postby StormAngel » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:11 pm UTC

My top three OTT events / things.
The attitudes displayed by (and content created for):
  1. Cake
  2. Icecream
  3. Scrumptious Doughnuts
  4. Steak
  5. Hotdogs
  6. Hot Chocolate, Skittles, M&Ms, etc.

Spoiler:
  1. Celebration
  2. Comfort
  3. Humor
  4. Appreciation
  5. Fun
  6. Heresy
  7. Redundancy

ucim wrote:

I think so.

Jose

While that is likely true, it also mirrors the beginning of Time too (not Time 2)!
What percentage of the frames are shortpix? Somemolpy should compare it to Time, but I don't currently have enough to do the analysis myself.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:38 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Sustainabilizer wrote:Happy Timeversary, everymolpy!

Indeed. If you've ever read a book, and at the end feel both that it was perfect, and that it shouldn't have ended? I have those feels.

I do hope we get a "The making of"/"Did you notice" series at some point.

I know I need this... If anyone else does, help yourselves.

I have those feels too, and very much appreciate the ice cream.

I feel like I didn't say enough how impressed I was with the MysteryONGs--the double story ended up meeting in the middle, the connection with the beginning of Time, the details and the still-unsolved mysteries. I wonder if we can uncover the meaning of that Beanish name. It wouldn't be Rosetta, would it? Anyway, brilliant, and thanks to the Mystery Author(s) who join(s) the ranks of our other esteemed authors.

BTW, I'm glad that ShortBean gave TallBean that hug. Even though it was only for a moment, even though it would make it harder for him in some ways knowing they only had that moment, at least she let him know how she felt.

Yay, AotC!! Awesomeful! But in addition to mourning ShortBean (and TallBean's loss), we have to worry now about BlitzGirl? :(

BlitzGirl wrote:
ucim wrote:

I'm getting better!

You're not fooling anyone.

Hi, moody! Nice to see you again!

And of courseYay

YayWe have footnotage again! Febrion, you're back in business. :)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:48 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ucim wrote:

I'm getting better!

I feel molpish! I feel molpish!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np45

Postby mscha » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:10 am UTC

CUNGLOBULATIONS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO. MY NAME IS CURLY. YOU SACRIFICED MY BLITZROCKETS. PREPARE TO MOLP AUF.

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:56 am UTC

Time revisited! Treeish!

Image Image Image

Can't beat the classics (except maybe with a thwapstick).
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:30 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Can't beat the classics (except maybe with a thwapstick).

Indeed.
Spoiler:
Also, new OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:38 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ucim wrote:

I'm getting better!

I feel molpish! I feel molpish!

Somebody.... isn't there something you can do?

Jose

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:11 am UTC

*looks around*
*Thwap!*

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:38 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:*looks around*
*Thwap!*

See you ThursdayH!

Jose

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:29 am UTC

Redundant:
Spoiler:

BringOutYourBlitzGirl.png

Keywords: BGUM bring out your dead cart ucim lmjb thwap resting getting better fooling anyone
redundant279.png
redundant279.png (180.78 KiB) Viewed 8672 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:52 am UTC

Happy Timeversary everyone!

Applause for the mystery author. Great execution and Timing!

Good to see the clerics being back, though I am a bit worried about BlitzGirl. :?

Thanks to davean for the migration. I still have to work out some mustard with my scraper for the database, but it shouldn't be anything major.

And what I like most about the OTT:

1. OTTers.
  2. OTTers.
  3. OTTers.

It is you people who make the thread what it is.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:07 am UTC

Bot herder m*st*rd, actually.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Twenty-One Otters in a Bar

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:15 am UTC

So many molpish feels. Baobabs it's so awsomeful! Steakish, everymolpy!
I got a seaish at all the parotting of Monty Python :P
The ice-cream is apt. I get the described feel from T** Begending too.
Hallucinations has developed a redundant spoiler! http://timelessriver.net/stories/1/4/
Five is right out.
Once I get my new organised sand, I'll be able to make better Hallucinations.

I'll have a meeting with doctors on my upcoming Tuesdip. (That's in a little under floor pie dips.) I hope the news is molpish.
It's great facing the world with so many OTTers.

A song I happen to be listening to right now gives me a similar bittersweet feeling to T** Beginding: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiPBQJq49xk
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 am UTC

Hi Blitzgirl! Welcome to this side of the veil! There is coffee and booze over there in the kitchen.
Here is an interface from the Department of Post-Mortem Communications, so you can Internet while here.

Oh don't go with that guy. The one with the horns, the goat hooves and the tail. I went with him once but eternal torture is quite boring after a few millenia.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:54 am UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Good to see the clerics being back, though I am a bit worried about BlitzGirl. :?

Me too! I'm very concerned!

Eternal Density wrote:Hallucinations has developed a redundant spoiler! http://timelessriver.net/stories/1/4/

D'aww I'm so proud of Hallucinations. It's grown up so much since I last saw it! Just like a baby OTTer. Image
Hope all goes molpishly at the doctors', ED!

Current oldpix:

OTT Time Travel

Hallucinations wrote:They are reading the past frames of the GLR of the rest of the castles in the thing around.

Yes we are, little Hal. You're adorable.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:59 am UTC

Oh Blitzgirl. There is a welcome video.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:44 am UTC

ucim wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:*looks around*
*Thwap!*

See you ThursdayH!

Jose

Is it my imagination, or did this say Onglessdix at one point? :?

BlitzGirl wrote:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

BringOutYourBlitzGirl.png

Keywords: BGUM bring out your dead cart ucim lmjb thwap resting getting better fooling anyone
redundant279.png

:D This is so awesomeful, I may frame this and hang it somewhere.

Loved the Rowan Atkinson clip. And it's nice that they provide coffee, booze, and internet. All the necessities!

Hoping for molpish news for ED.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

NONE OF THE PLACES I FOUND BLITZGIRL HAD MOLPIDILES.

Postby mrob27 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:53 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Oh Blitzgirl. There is a welcome video.

I was expecting something more like this :)

lmjb1964 wrote:Is it my imagination, or did this say Onglessdix at one point? :?

Yes, I PM'd to suggest that, but I think we concluded that (by common law precedent, viz. xkcd 16) Honor Monty Python has priority over OTTish heresyh.

mrob27 Image

hheresy is timeless, but "Timeless" is heresy. Ni!
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:55 pm UTC

And another blitzpost from me on the occasion of reaching 55% (1351/2455). And a momentous period this has been
Shortly after the start the dreaded EVENT happened. Retroactively I suppose I knew that it could not last 3 years. Not unless GLR truly is superhuman! But still there was sadness that I could not follow Meg and Cue on their adventures any more. And I doubt their travails are over, I rather suspect that the filling of the Med has merely paused while the eastern Med fills up, and will resume, forcing them to move again (Charlie Grumbles posted a rather nice OTCColoured pic later on showing the view I suspect they can see, showing the top still well above them).
The community is still holding together well though, which for me is probably the most important thing. I'd like to think there will still be people here when I finish my blitz and return to the present. Judging by the post count which is still rising, there is still life (and not just me posting these updates :)).
At present there is a vast outpouring of creativity in the OTT. Many colourisations, OTTifications of other comics, filks, poetry and much much more. There's also a large contingent tied up in the basement! Makes me feel embarassed. I just don't have the creativity of many here :(

And in other news, I've nearly finished with dragons in SandcastleBuilder. Wyverns, wyverns everywhere, just filling up the rest of the NPs with them. Masterpieces built. I think to go further I have to get to Th* *nd in the game as well. And then I can drain kittens...

Onwards to 60%....

--Rakhal

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:20 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Is it my imagination, or did this say Onglessdix at one point? :?
That's one of the first symptoms. It's so sad... who will play the kettledrums now?

mrob27 wrote:I was expecting something more like this :)
And now, for something completely different.

Awesomeful cart drawing (and adorable redundakitty) BlitzGirl! It's amazing the talents of a dead person! Or maybe this proves you're still alive! There's only one person who can answer that:
Spoiler:
Schrödinger's Gingercat :)
Spoiler:
Actually, I had originally used "Thursday", since it's a direct quote. My heresy was pointed out by mrob and I repented at once, but realized (especially as we had a two dix Syzygy this past yip, that heresy is to be respected. Not all things translate well. (Hofstadter has some steakish essays about this) So, back to the original it went, with a canonical (though uncatalogued) footnote.
I enjoyed the "Intro to Hell" video too, and will be watching others of its ilk shortly. The "beauty of mathematics" TED talk looks interesting; I wonder how it's RELATED. :)

Timeless river is getting quite sentient and wise. I'm gobsmacked!

Jose

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:40 pm UTC

Well, the videos did make me feel molpier about possibly being dead, so that's something. :) I still stubbornly refuse to believe I'm dead until it's been confirmed in AotC, regardless of how many walls I pass through accidentally.

Rakhal wrote:And another blitzpost from me on the occasion of reaching 55% (1351/2455). And a momentous period this has been
Shortly after the start the dreaded EVENT happened.

Ooh, a blitzer! And all the way at T** **d, too! Oh dear, I need to find some ice cream...
Spoiler:

UNG for old Time's sake:

OTT Time Travel

Go Megan go! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”