1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:51 am UTC

Ketchup: Not as Tasty as Newpix
Newpage 1528 and 1529

StratPlayer wrote:I see the creativity, warm, and unique community created here in the OTT is still going strong -- that is fabulous! May it endure forever! I'm glad to see that the Post-Time is as vibrant as the During-Time OTT was!

Hear, hear! I'm ever impressed by the OTT's staying power. (Not really surprised of course since the founding commandment was "Wait for it.")

SBN wrote:Hey, here's a thought... Shouldn't there be a title for delurking? Revealer the Recent? (Of course, that's all of us, but I don't see the problem in that.)

Aha! So this is where that title came from. I'd figured it came from a span of my ketchup, and was impressed that it fit the OTTish culture so nicely. It is like unto a steak, SBN! A molpish continuing tradition.

Eternal Density wrote:ETA just realised that Rosetta was still unattainable but still took your bags.
That Rosetta, such a heartbreaker. Image And bag thief.

ggh wrote:Here's 1717 through 1720 to snack on.

I suddenly find myself wanting to eat newpix. Is that normal?

StormAngel wrote:I also saw a neat wowterfall todip with [most of] my family. And the ocean extra-seaish sea.

Wow! Treeish photos! How are the fishmolpies doing?

azule wrote:Image

Awesomeful!

ucim wrote:(we need some Ottish for LOL)
yappobiscuits wrote:Hmm... LMMO (Laughing My Molpy Off)?
taixzo wrote:I vote for LMCAO (Laughing My Ch*rping Ass Off).

LMMO! LMCAO! Image I'll try to remember these for future use...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:49 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Supernatural
Spoiler:
also has some steakish timetravel

Spoiler:
BlitzGirl, This could have been a real spoiler where I told you a part of a time travel episode of SPN. I think you'd find it brililous, but I don't want to spoil it (and the best way of finding out is blitzing SPN). If you want me to spoil it ask me and thee shall receive.

Thanks for the non-spoiler spoiler! I want to blitz the show at some point. I remember liking the first season way back when but I wasn't able to stay current with it. Happy to hear there's steakish Time travel in there!

Good. A warning though: I watched the first 7 seasons in 6 weeks while working 40 hours a week. It was a major impact on my social life. There was not much else beyond Supernatural, working and sleeping. Now they have 11 seasons...

Edit: Pope

Pope? Pope. Pope! pòòòòòòòòòòòòòpe.

Decree: complain.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

addams

Postby addams » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 am UTC

oh, Neal;
What a Decree!
We are human.

We are expert complainers.
#1. I miss the search functions.
Last edited by addams on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:10 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:Pope? Pope. Pope! pòòòòòòòòòòòòòpe.

Decree: complain.
That's way too many o-things.

582 is a bit borONG:

Also, my house is really messy.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

#PRAYFORROSE

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:32 am UTC

For decree:

Doing taxes sucks.

I don't want to go to my MFFS tomorrow.

I can't grow any furniture in my garden.

I don't have enough Time to OTT properly.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:46 am UTC

Oh. I was so happy with inventing a papal decree that I hadn't seen before I forgot to follow it.

The OTT isn't moving fast enough these dips!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np583

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:10 am UTC

SHUNGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Wnderer.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:OTHERCOMIC 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO

-- posted by oldpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

MOLPIT BANG: _BANG!_ AND THE BLITZANITY IS GONE!

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:11 am UTC

Yay for AotC! And with ggh!

That ketchup was pretty tasty, BlitzGirl. Thanks for throwing forward azule's awesomeful OTTercomic. :)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:11 pm UTC

addams is so right! I want to complain follow the decree some more.

There's pages I want to ketchup, but I didn't write them down.

The Little Wonder asked for eggs again, and didn't eat them again. Will I ever learn?

Jose, hit, not one, but two huge milestones - 4000 posts and Chapter 50 of AotC - and I cannot find a decent cake. Everything is either not topical, or not awesomeful enough. Surely these ideas could have been combined:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Febrion

Re: ((9(): [Time}

Postby Febrion » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:27 pm UTC

Per decree: This1 doesn't exist yet. What first caught my eye-1 though, was the mention that it "incorporates sustainable technology"

1And by "this"1 I mean the subject of the article, not the article itself
2Other than the neat™ pictures
tmThat wasn't a footnote
,Neither was that
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:19 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh ch*rp, my Newpage 1800 smiley repository has been goated in the past few dips. Now it's on the bottom of 1799. Image

I don't get it. I can see on the mirrors that Ebonite's papacy of 1235 has been deleted. I can't imagine why, unless someone got their knickers in a bunch about the youtube link and noticed Ebonite's post but not the previous ones he was quoting....

Molpy down!
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:08 pm UTC

That's...very strange. I'm going to complain about that odd and seemingly arbitrary deletion that just goated hundreds of popeposts. Image

ggh wrote:
Spoiler:

AAAA...hmm. Can I punsaw a cake?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:13 pm UTC

Seems so:
JenMark_6446WM-1024x682.jpg

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:27 pm UTC

Very well.
VITSSÅGEN, JA!

For decree, I'm going to complain about the lack of messy-chainsawed-cake photos on the internet. You disappointed me todip, internet.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:06 pm UTC

OK, the cake-punsaw exchange had me :azuling:

I was wondering what happened that goated the smiley repository, I wonder why it was deleted? Epsilon.

For decree: I'm at my MFFS again, and I really really don't want to be.

And I haven't heard anything about that interview. :evil:

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:19 pm UTC

DumpUNG sand onto the little tables:

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 318

HAL9000 wrote:Proposed insignia for the Knights Temporal.
Spoiler:

For decree: I have an awful cough this wip that is making me feel very unmolpish. I want it to go away.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:47 pm UTC

And another blitzpost from me!. Now at 60% (1481/2467)

And it's been a puzzliferous era indeed. Which has done a power of no good to my blitzing speed. I keep stopping to solve the puzzles!
We had all those OSH's to do, hunting backwards and forwards through the OTC to find just the right Cueball, or Megan, or tree, or Rosetta, or molpy :)
And there were some fiendish riddles! (many of which I did not get :()
And then there were sudokus to do. One of which involved solving a bunch of other puzzles before you even got to the Sudoku :)
And then someone posted a link to a c**kie-clicker game....
... and then ED OTTified it and made Sandcastle Builder, a game I have spend FAR too much time on... :)
(SCB status: NP2451, Infinite: Sand, Castles, Glass Chips, Glass Blocks, Blackprints, Goats, Mustard, Flux Crystals. 23.32TW Logicats, 23.321 QQs, 200WWQ bonemeal, 412.646Y Maps, 22.615LW Vacuums, 65.646P Diamonds, 96.916T Gold, 102.881K Princesses, 42.181G Coal, 113.260Z Experience, wyverns everywhere, nothing to do now til I get to T** **D and start draining kittens :))
Someone attacked Blitzgirl on another thread, and she slew the troll with her accustomed wit and brilliance :)
Then everything started happening in your pants, and finally it was time for the Vitsagen!

Onwards ever onwards. Next stop 65%..

--Rakhal Stormwarden

mrob27

1190: Time: YOU CAN'T THWAP YOUR KIEPUDINK AND GOAT IT TOO

Postby mrob27 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:21 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Doh! What mrob is seeing is pretty unreadable. I thought I was saying: […]

I think you should stick with what you have. I'm a very rare case, and if I want to read some proto-Beanish I can turn off my stylesheet (now that I know what's going on, that's an easy fix).
  I was merely trying to point out that your serifed-dotless-i concern is moot because almost everyone is seeing a non-serif font, and therefore the dotless i, "ı" has no serifs anyway. I was led to think that you really do care about browsers that override the forum's sans-serif font with some serifed alternative.

BlitzGirl wrote:
SBN wrote:Hey, here's a thought… Shouldn't there be a title for delurking? Revealer the Recent? (Of course, that's all of us, but I don't see the problem in that.)

Aha! So this is where that title came from. I'd figured it came from a span of my ketchup, and was impressed that it fit the OTTish culture so nicely.

In this case, as in many others, you could have consulted The OTTsford Molpish Dictionary. For each distinct sense (meaning) of a word or phrase, I almost always cite the first instance of that usage.
OMD wrote:Revealer the Recent : A title given to anyone who has been "lurking" for a while and "reveals" themselves by posting for the first time (see firstpost).
 Shouldn't there be a title for delurking? Revealer the Recent? (Of course, that's all of us, but I don't see the problem in that.) (@SBN, OTT:1528:18)
 @haircut74, Revealer the Recent! Awesomeful! Welcome :D (@Eternal Density, OTT:1727:22)
 rmcurtis - Welcome! Name is vaguely familiar; are you a Revealer the Recent, or am I a Forgetter the Frequent? (@ucim, OTT:1841:31)

After the all-important first usage citation, I try to find additional examples that:
  • clarify the meaning
  • establish broader adoption (i.e. I quote different people when possible)
  • expand the usage or meaning by being used in a different grammatical context
  • document continued use by being 100NP or more after the previous example

I've noticed some oddness lately with the links we get from the little "document icon". One might check these links (all point to valid, non-deleted posts):
All work as expected. But try these:
You'll find that most work as expected, except the middle one (the second by @BlitzGirl, i.e. the one that is now a goat, but formerly the mome of NP2000). It takes you to the top of NP2000 rather than (as it "should") the goat of 1999. The same sort of thing happens when clicking on that little tiny "document icon" on any goat.
  For example, right now you can look at the end of the previous page, and notice that the last post on the page is by @BlitzGirl, starting with the text "Ketchup: Not as Tasty as Newpix / Newpage 1528 and 1529". It's the goat of the page. Click the little "document icon" on that post (i.e. the little tiny rectangle just to the left of "by BlitzGirl" if your window is 701 pixels or wider, and otherwise is just to the left of "Wed Apr 13, 2016"), and it will take you to the top of the following page (i.e. the top of this page). But it shouldn't do that! It should just make it so that the window is scrolled down to a point such that the @BlitzGirl post is right at the top of the window.
  Due to this odd shenaniganism with goat links, I tend to believe that @Ebonite's missing post OTT:1235:0 is still in the xkcd botcastle somewhere, but is merely the victim of some internal server indexing m*stard.
  Of course, it's also possible that @Ebonite asked for it to be deleted… We are allowed to do that, after all.

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:01 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Second Scribe wrote:Your Pontiffness, listen! The sea is waiting for it! Don't you know what that means?
The Pope wrote:Of course I do. Why else would we call it "Holy Water"?

:mrgreen:
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

BlitzGirl

Re: 1190: Time

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:57 am UTC

Hoppin' molpies, I think Rakhal's blitzing will overlap my old ketchup soon!

mrob27 wrote:In this case, as in many others, you could have consulted The OTTsford Molpish Dictionary.

Image Whoops, I forgot about the Dictionary! There are so many molpish mrob tools that it's hard to keep track!

mrob27 wrote:I've noticed some oddness lately with the links we get from the little "document icon"... <snip>
  Due to this odd shenaniganism with goat links, I tend to believe that @Ebonite's missing post OTT:1235:0 is still in the xkcd botcastle somewhere, but is merely the victim of some internal server indexing m*stard.
  Of course, it's also possible that @Ebonite asked for it to be deleted… We are allowed to do that, after all.

I saw that mustard too! I was trying to update the link on the BG smiley in my sig to match the goated 1800 repository but it kept redirecting to the next newpage. I settled finally for linking to the post immediately above the repository since as the former goatpost it redirected to the proper place.

I can definitely believe there's some indexing mustard... our forasearch has still not been returned. For decree I'm complaining about that.

ScoopUNG:
I don't know if I've realized before (perhaps I did once but have forgotten that as well) that in this newpix Cueball is filling his bucket with either seawater or soupy wet sand. It's clear from the next two newpix that it's something more liquid than he has been filling the bucket with previously.

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 321
(ONGed by SBN!)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:31 am UTC

oh, dear;
The sound of American Pop to the ears of many persons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_g6YxkSqL20

Gosh, TimeThread and BlitzGirl;
We don't want to lose That!
......do we?...

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:03 am UTC

I don't want to be lost! Image

Happily, Ebonite's missing popepost seems to have returned and ungoated all the popes.
I'm not sure if the post just got re-indexed or if someone kindly intervened, but it's molpish news for the OTT.

Cue has brUNG more sand:

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 323
Seems to be a Time of mustard. Image
For decree I complain about all threadmustard!

jjjdavidson wrote: The transmission of the truth of the OTC through fallible human systems in no way impugns the infallibility of the OTC itself.

Oh, I was going to do something for the blitzers. Back in two shakes of a raptorcat's tail...

```~~**~* !whirly time ripple! *~**~~```
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0896

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:00 am UTC

TAWK AMUNGST YOA-XELVES. I'LL GIVE YOO A TOAPIC... THE RELATED CASBOTTLES WERE NEITHER RELATED NOR CASBOTTLES. DISCUSS. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… where they are sitting?
Spoiler:
Cuegan are sitting on the ground. Ms. Frizzle, whose cultural background involves seats, is sitting on a rock.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time" - op611

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:00 pm UTC

Still workUNG on the rooks
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

taixzo

Re: 1190: Time: YOU CAN'T THWAP YOUR KIEPUDINK AND GOAT IT TOO

Postby taixzo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:07 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
SBN wrote:Hey, here's a thought… Shouldn't there be a title for delurking? Revealer the Recent? (Of course, that's all of us, but I don't see the problem in that.)

Aha! So this is where that title came from. I'd figured it came from a span of my ketchup, and was impressed that it fit the OTTish culture so nicely.

In this case, as in many others, you could have consulted The OTTsford Molpish Dictionary. For each distinct sense (meaning) of a word or phrase, I almost always cite the first instance of that usage.

Wow, that is a really treeish resource! I wonder whether it would be possible to put hyperlinks to each letter at the top? It takes a long time to scroll to the middle on an MTA.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:09 pm UTC

```~~**~* !whirly time ripple! *~**~~```

Neat chesspix, mscha!

Our friendly neighborhood fora administrator just posted a brief global notice telling everyone to Wait for it:

PleaseStandBy.png

The announcement has now disappeared so I suppose that particular it has arrived.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np614

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:10 pm UTC

MISLIKUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:TRANSLATEOUNGS AND GRAPEVINES AND OTHERCOMICS, OH MY!

-- posted by oldpixbot

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:32 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Neat chesspix, mscha!

Our friendly neighborhood fora administrator just posted a brief global notice telling everyone to Wait for it:
Spoiler:
PleaseStandBy.png

The announcement has now disappeared so I suppose that particular it has arrived.

The fora definitely seems more responsive now. Thanks davean.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:09 pm UTC

Yeah, seaish thanks to davean, who by his join date has been forawrangling for at least a decade now!

I keep resetting my sandgarden because I like seeing what different configurations grow. Currently I have twin baobabs. Cuebegan, having constructed a sandcastle apiece, are now creating massive ladders in the hope of one dip reaching the tops of the baobabs.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

SGardenBaobabLadders.png

Keywords: BGUM sandgarden sand garden ladders twin baobabs cuebegan
redundant284.png
redundant284.png (101.09 KiB) Viewed 9704 times
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:01 am UTC

Are we still complaining?
May I play? Spoilered because long.

It was a Dark and Stormy Night ....
Spoiler:
I was enjoying the Storm.
I was indulging in the pleasure of being warm and cozy and listening;

While on the other side of a thin piece of glass wind blew and rain poured in sheets.
The rain blew against the glass, it overflowed gutters and splashed onto walkways.

Lightning flashed, the thunder rattled dishes and windows.
I dozed off while listening to the Voice of the Storm.

It was all so very Peaceful.
(deep breath .. (sigh..))

...Maybe, the Storm was insulted,
because I was unimpressed.

The Storm got my attention.
It frightened me. AHH!

I woke up when I was plunged in the Stone Age.
No electricity! No power at my fingertips!

Yes. The roof and the windows held against the Storm.
I still had running water with functional indoor plumbing.

So; What's to complain?
No Internet! No You!

No Heat.
It was cold.

The men and women that do Real Work restored power to us Forest Dwellers.

Now; I can dose off listening to the rain, again.
Staying awake will not keep the electricity on.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:03 am UTC

addams wrote:Are we still complaining?
May I play? Spoilered because long.

It was a Dark and Stormy Night ....
Spoiler:
I was enjoying the Storm.
I was indulging in the pleasure of being warm and cozy and listening;

While on the other side of a thin piece of glass wind blew and rain poured in sheets.
The rain blew against the glass, it overflowed gutters and splashed onto walkways.

Lightning flashed, the thunder rattled dishes and windows.
I dozed off while listening to the Voice of the Storm.

It was all so very Peaceful.
(deep breath .. (sigh..))

...Maybe, the Storm was insulted,
because I was unimpressed.

The Storm got my attention.
It frightened me. AHH!

I woke up when I was plunged in the Stone Age.
No electricity! No power at my fingertips!

Yes. The roof and the windows held against the Storm.
I still had running water with functional indoor plumbing.

So; What's to complain?
No Internet! No You!

No Heat.
It was cold.

The men and women that do Real Work restored power to us Forest Dwellers.

Now; I can dose off listening to the rain, again.
Staying awake will not keep the electricity on.

We lost power yesterday, for a minute or two.
There was no Storm.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

addams

Postby addams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:35 am UTC

slinches wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Neat chesspix, mscha!

Spoiler:
PleaseStandBy.png

The fora definitely seems more responsive now. Thanks davean.

Yes!
Yes! The xkcd Forum is allowing me to view and post with ease, again.

Will we be allowed to search with ease, again?
Someday? Maybe?

Or; Will search functions remain a thing of
The Good Old, Long Ago, Never To Be Seen Again, Days?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:10 am UTC

addams wrote:So; What's to complain?
No Internet! No You!

I'm reminded of balthasar's speech in Bochum... when one can't reach the platform, the community "disappears."

I have faith that the search function will return if we
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Things are still not quite settled on our little foraplatform. There are still rooks to construct.
As evidence, I saw this peculiar mustard a few newpix ago:

IconMustard.png

ETA:
davean wrote:Hopefully the search index will be rebuilt by morning. Then I can turn the search back on and we can see if stuff breaks again.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:26 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
No Internet! No You!

I'm reminded of balthasar's speech in Bochum... when one can't reach the platform, the community "disappears."

I have faith that the search function will return if we
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Things are still not quite settled on our little foraplatform. There are still rooks to construct.
As evidence, I saw this peculiar mustard a few newpix ago:

IconMustard.png

ETA:
davean wrote:Hopefully the search index will be rebuilt by morning. Then I can turn the search back on and we can see if stuff breaks again.

Yes. I also think of balthasar's speech when I am unable to reach or interact with xkcd Forum.

Sense The Maddness, I have thought of it a lot.
It feels like You with the Forum are slipping away.

"Wait!
Take me with you!
I want to go with you!"

I look off into the Forest and wonder,
"Will balthasar send a bicycle back for me?"

I believe, if he could send a cyber bicycle then
he would send a cyber bicycle back for me.
Spoiler:
But; Only if he remembered to,
Would he remember me?
When there are so many other Time Posters....? (shrug)

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mrob27

1190: Time: I, FOR ONE, WELCOME OUR NEW SEARCHBOT OVERLORDS

Postby mrob27 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:38 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I was trying to update the link on the BG smiley in my sig to match the goated 1800 repository but it kept redirecting to the next newpage. I settled finally for linking to the post immediately above the repository since as the former goatpost it redirected to the proper place.
-/-
Happily, Ebonite's missing popepost seems to have returned and ungoated all the popes.

Oh, hey! That was fast. I can confirm that the post is exactly the same as it was on 2013 Aug 27 (when I originally downloaded that page). I was going to try to see what happens when there's a goat and isn't yet a pope, but things have been dem*starded quite splendidly.
I'm not sure if the post just got re-indexed or if someone kindly intervened, but it's molpish news for the OTT.

I'll thank the mods. They don't get enough credit for all the m*stard they have to put up with.

Nice colourisation, @mscha!

taixzo wrote: I wonder whether it would be possible to put hyperlinks to each letter at the top? It takes a long time to scroll to the middle on an MTA.

I know, I'm sorry. Presently the list of hyperlinks to each letter (quick index) is at the bottom. My markup language doesn't have infile macros or some other rational way to do this, and I'm a bit loathe to copy-paste the text because I'm eventually going to split the dictionary across several pages, whereupon present links from here or other sites will break, and the quick index will then be at the bottom of each page, which pages will then be a lot shorter and quicker to load, just in case you're viewing it over mobile data connection, or otherwise feel this run-on sentence may have gone quite long enough.

The following is Spoilered for meta-trolliness, complaininessd, and Preaching As If I Have Authoratah Which I Do Not:
Spoiler:
Image This confused people who might not think it's funny
Title spoofing is probably not a good idea. Lika as in, let's stop doing this… please?

RELATED to all of this: the migration thread, which includes that post by archangel davean that BG quoted, is well worth reading.

mrob27 Image

dcomplaininess submitted in partial satisfaction of decree, though I seem to not feel like being complainy todip.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:42 am UTC

I forgot we were still on the complaint newpage. I'm going to complain about my memory.

addams wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:
No Internet! No You!

Yes. I also think of balthasar's speech when I am unable to reach or interact with xkcd Forum.

Sense The Maddness, I have thought of it a lot.
It feels like You with the Forum are slipping away.

"Wait!
Take me with you!
I want to go with you!"

I look off into the Forest and wonder,
"Will balthasar send a bicycle back for me?"

I believe, if he could send a cyber bicycle then
he would send a cyber bicycle back for me.
Spoiler:
But; Only if he remembered to,
Would he remember me?
When there are so many other Time Posters....? (shrug)

You are an unforgettable person and poster, addams. Image I'd remember you certainly, and I bet a lot of other people here would as well. I'm sure there's a cyberbicycle with your name on it.

If (and this is still a massive hypothetical if) the posters here on the Time thread decided to "move" the main conversation to another platform away from this forum, I'm sure there would be a huge effort to notify people who had posted here before, probably via private messages. Those would be our fleet of cyberbicycles.

--

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this yet on the OTT, but we aren't the only subcommunity of xkcd forumites to have a backup in case of severe mustard. Apparently FaiDites have set up a forum offsite to use if things get all Zanclean here. It was mentioned over there amid discussion of the forum migration.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:58 am UTC

Thank you, BlitzGirl;
I'm waiting for it now.
I'll be waiting for it when The Bicycle arrives.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:53 am UTC

For decree:
This decree sucks.
Spoiler:
Complaining decreases overall molpishness.
Don't complain, be awesomeful instead.
[/complaint]

Seriously, I love those non-complaints fulfilling the decree. :)
It's a molpish contrast to all those Outside complaints we have to deal with everynewpix.
Molpy on! Image

CASTLING CONSISTS OF MOVING THE KING TWO SQUARES TOWARDS A ROOK ON THE PLAYER'S FIRST RUNG
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

addams

Postby addams » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:53 pm UTC

Touch!
Home Base!

Spoiler:
*hug*

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time" - op636

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:14 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:CASTLING CONSISTS OF MOVING THE KING TWO SQUARES TOWARDS A ROOK ON THE PLAYER'S FIRST RUNG

Like this, you mean?

CastlUNG
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”