1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:09 am UTC

Spoiler:
neverDryUp.jpg
edit - Pope (of NP2471): Why won't the OTT ever dry up?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:55 am UTC

For decree: Because the sea is big1, and does what it wants of course :)

1And wet

Still laughing about that beautiful stealthpun about the sea being made of holy water...
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

Eternal Density

Re: 0775: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:02 am UTC

OTT history fact: coincidentally, this:
svenman wrote:I recently came across othercomic 755 and suddenly it was floodishly clear to me what I had to do.

Not quite redundant
Spoiler:
0755_interdisciplinary.png
Is on the same page as this:
Eternal Density wrote:Off the the waterpark with family!
Related because... it should be molpish? And water.

I was looking up the former because someone posted othercomic 755 in the latest othercomic thread. But the latter is doubly related because of the recent discussion/photos/dactyls from that waterpark visit, and because that post does double (non-dactyl) duty as an answer to this page's pope!
ETA that was page 2264, not as far back as I imagined!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np792

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:10 am UTC

MUNGETOUTS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:"I WANT THE BOTMOBILE!"/"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE BOTMOBILE!"

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

for they had used means both algorithmic, epsilonish, and OTTish, and furthermore had co-opted the Royal customs of Redunception and Fractal Fractals, to make him a captive of the Hotdog, and indeed Royally Nerdsniped, for this Hotdog had the novel feature of allowing,

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:21 am UTC

A captive of the Hotdog? Oh no!

Five newpix until LaPetite! Image I'll probably be acoma like Megan when she appears.

AluisioASG wrote:But are you sure it's the οπ? Maybe the-one-who-must-not-be-unnecessarily-called slipped in another π during the migration.

We're on the Oh Pi Pi?

ucim wrote:
Spoiler:

edit - Pope (of NP2471): Why won't the OTT ever dry up?

Treeish! The OTT won't ever dry up because we have one of these:

It's only a problem if you like things to **d.

StormAngel wrote:Image

Squee! Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I love the minimolps! Thanks, StormAngel!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:03 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I love the minimolps! Thanks, StormAngel!

I love the whole Thread
And all its minimolps
Boom de yada boom de yada

Sorry...
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Uptime"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:08 am UTC

karhell wrote:

I love the whole Thread
And all its minimolps

Sorry...

What are you sorry for? That looks correct to me.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

karhell

Re: 1190: "Uptime"

Postby karhell » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:20 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:What are you sorry for? That looks correct to me.

Preventive self-devaluation, just in case it turned out to be rubbish ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mrob27

1190: Time: THUS SPAKE SPIDER-VIPER LEEROSCOM

Postby mrob27 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:53 am UTC

mscha wrote:Where did you find a 3-sided cassette??

Not just 3 sides — four! …and fill the 4th program with PDQ Bach :P

Nice limericks, all. Thanks for punsawing Jar-jar. You did, right?

Glad you still like my Modern Major General parody. I did a second, and started a third but for some reason I had a staggeringly hard time getting enough good matching rhymes and verses out of the 3rd block of 576 Newpages.

Thanks for linking to the MAD magazine record @MistyCat! I somehow managed to miss that one.

Holy ch*rp, that Jamberoo funnel thing is huge! (not to mention the spider… Image oops, it seems I may have mentioned it.)

It's wowterful reading @iskinner's firsthand blitzreports from the distant aforewhen. I'm glad xe decided to post.

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpishly, this still works! Awesomeful, Sciscitor.

I, too, appreciate URLs that work for a long time. (17 yips and counting!)

More Image to come…
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:24 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:09 am UTC

PeekUNG LaPetite
Spoiler:
wait for it

OTT Time Travel
mscha wrote:Who's that? Cueball with a hat from Buffygirl?

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 am UTC

Before I say something unnecessary or ignorant on the forum migration thread, could someone take a look at this for me?
When I click on the number of posts by a user's avatar to get to a list of their posts, I am not seeing posts made since the search function came back in some cases. For example, for me, the results for Jose, BlitzGirl, and mscha (as well as myself) are clearly out of date. I think it may be some sort of caching thing though, because if I look at the posts of someone I don't know, it looks like all the posts are there. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

HES

Postby HES » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:52 am UTC

ggh wrote:Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

Yes. If you limit the results by a time period (options at the bottom), you then see the more recent results. This is the same behaviour that people have been seeing with egosearch, so I'd assume it's the same cause.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np800

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:10 am UTC

LIMUNGTON...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Kieryn.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MOLPYSNAKE'S CLOSED DUE TO MICDI

-- posted by oldpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:14 am UTC

Febrion wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Can I just say again how much I love this strange and wonderful needle-pulled thing?

And we all love you, and each other, and every chirping thing that keeps us together.1

1No silly footnotes or random rambling today, this is more important. Everyone here is special, and wowterful, and just plain neat. Even if the OTT (and the rorrim) ***ed right now, I'd still consider myself lucky to have been a part of this wonderful community, and would never forget even the smallest molpy

I'm glad you feel that way.

BlitzGirl wrote:
StormAngel wrote:Image

Squee! Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I love the minimolps! Thanks, StormAngel!

I love minimolps too. Unfortunately, I seem to be housing a large family of micromolps at the moment. I'm hoping to complete eviction proceedings soon.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:32 am UTC

SBN wrote:I love minimolps too. Unfortunately, I seem to be housing a large family of micromolps at the moment. I'm hoping to complete eviction proceedings soon.

There does seem to be an optimum size for molps. 1×1025 kg is a bit big, 1×10-12g is a bit small.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:58 am UTC

HES wrote:Yes. If you limit the results by a time period (options at the bottom), you then see the more recent results. This is the same behaviour that people have been seeing with egosearch, so I'd assume it's the same cause.
Thanks HES! I didn't realise it was such an easy fix. :)

Hmm, I've got some ketchup to do....

ETA:
In an OTTerComic, BlitzGirl wrote:Man, Beanies are full of mustard.
Teehee! I also find it strangely satisfying to believe that Rosetta plays the violin horribly.

Nice to see pelrigg drop in. :)

AluisioASG wrote:Does your head size derive to something non-null?
Wait, that's not sustainable... ew....

Spoiler:
Though it's been
Spoiler:
Quite a while
Spoiler:
These ads always
Spoiler:
Make me smile
Spoiler:
Panther Salve

I dug your blitzreport balthafieldagent. :) (except for the part that made me feel guilty... someday....)

Beer, mmm, beer. What were the "creative" parts?

mrob - thank you thank you thank you for not making your Zanclean Flood Generator a VR attraction!
Last edited by ggh on Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:17 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:There does seem to be an optimum size for molps. 1×1025 kg is a bit big, 1×10-12g is a bit small.

Given that 1×1025 kg is about 1.7 Earths "a bit big" is a bit of an euphemism.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:22 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:There does seem to be an optimum size for molps. 1×1025 kg is a bit big, 1×10-12g is a bit small.

Yes. It's clearly impractical.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:22 pm UTC

Also wanted to mention how much I loved the limerick page - awesomeful! I'm embarrassed though that I can't quite figure out how dirty the last one is....

Thank you, taixzo, for the pruning! I had a sand garden I quite liked - an edge of forest scene - so I got rid of all the lights and I just left it to sway in a tab between my email and OTT. The only thing I didn't like about it were a few areas that looked a bit clone-brushy. Now with pruning, I got to ditch the offending trees. :)

Febrion wrote:Pew pew
Hee hee!

Hi iskinner!

BlitzGirl wrote:Can I just say again how much I love this strange and wonderful needle-pulled thing?
Can I just throw in an "Amen!"

I was doing a google search for "looking for a sign" but accidentally stumbled across this for you, newpixbot:Image
BlitzGirl wrote:
Sustainabilizer wrote:
Spoiler:

Treeish mashup! It's especially funny when I imagine the words being spoken by the little boy with raised arms...
Oh, the glee!

Beacon Ginger - now there's a guiding light with some zing!

ETA:
balthasar_s wrote:
ggh wrote:So naturally I tried googling "lego of women in shower playing guitar" and was momentarily disappointed

You don't have to be disappiointed any more.
NSFW
Spoiler:
So, is there a word for that variety of disappointment that comes from unexpectedly seeing something
Spoiler:
SFW
:P

Okay - molpying down for now. I hope somewhere out there Link is getting some coma too.
Agatha the Awesomeful

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:17 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Beer, mmm, beer. What were the "creative" parts?
Mainly having pots and utensils that were not quite big enough. Lautering, for example, is the process of passing the wort (pre-beer) through the mash (the boiled grain whose liquid is the wort) a second or third time to get the last of the magic smoke out of it. In this scaled down version, you pour the wort through a strainer that holds the mash. Due to the unmolpish mix of seaishness and riverishness, I had to do it in several stages, and didn't think I had done so sufficiently. And when pouring the wort into the fermenting vessel (a gallon jug), I was not creative enough, and lost some of it down the drain ("My goodness! My Guinness!"). But it ultimately worked out; I got seven and a half cents bottles out of it. Since there was less wort, I used less honey, but not enough less, so the beer was a tad overcarbonated, but that wasn't a big deal either.

All in all, a fun and educational time and beer to boot. It took about an hour a bottle when divided out; I really appreciate a two dollar bottle of beer now!

mrob27 wrote:Nice limericks, all. Thanks for punsawing Jar-jar. You did, right?
<Continues to follow the other commandment.>

mrob27 wrote:Holy ch*rp, that Jamberoo funnel thing is huge!
I think it's the lens. The perspective is twisted; take a look at the railing in the foreground. It looks like the funnel is not only seaish, but also far away, but...
mrob27 wrote:Image oops, it seems I may have mentioned it.)
Things in the monitor are closer than they appear!

So... do you prefer being on the inside of a spider, or would you rather be on the outside?
BlitzGirl wrote:Treeish! The OTT won't ever dry up because we have one of these:
Spoiler:
[center]Image
That is quite reassuring!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:43 pm UTC

ggh wrote:So, is there a word for that variety of disappointment that comes from unexpectedly seeing something
Spoiler:
SFW

Feeling a bit safequished, maybe? NSFrustrated? I'm not sure, that's a tricky one.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:

Yes. It's clearly impractical.

But a planet-sized molpy! So seaish! So round and squishy! Just imagine it molping through space...

karhell wrote:

I love the whole Thread
And all its minimolps

Image Yay! Boom de yada!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

The rightmost tower has collapsed! WAKE UP, MEGUNG!

OTT Time Travel: Newpage 383

sarysa wrote:I wonder if it'll be a looping comic, with the theme being that with the passage of time, humans build vast, intricate empires, but in the end, nature ultimately reclaims what once was. But so long as we occupy the planet, the cycle will continue...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:13 pm UTC

Time: the first frame. These are the voyages of the spacemolpy Newpixbolp. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new Times, to seek out new Cuegans and new Beanies, to boldly go where no OTTer has gone before.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:30 pm UTC

Yes! I would watch the ch*rp out of Molp Trek.

(Sudden thought: maybe a planet-sized spacemolpy is just the natural evolution of a tribble...)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:18 pm UTC

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:24 pm UTC

Hopefully the compy part of a molpy can make up for its molesque heritage.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:13 pm UTC

So much molpish stuff todip! I'll try to comment on stuff later, but for now I'll just say:

Spoiler:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
Molpy molpy molpy molpy

Grapevine, grapevine!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Coma Time Hallucinations"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:33 pm UTC

I did some more neuralnet testing overnip:
Spoiler:
©FLEAK?"
    # Earthling on Mars ended up reminded me: GLR
      # Demonsment just in Part 1
A.I.
                                        rolling down for the 5000 post two,
opinion: boostpost
    sh* blue
        //-----------I can't kill me in Boom-De-Yada.

[Approach? So how about my sandcastle shirts might be awesome?]

Nothing more than a first layer too.
Oh my pain ?
I want to make a swim about a semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice at the flood rather than bording vanloats with extreme, thbying them, I sad Megan's most will easily.
On that top Tardis tugglerdom, the creator of the blue centers took me away from the moment not quite really catching up. All functions in the "FanDow character" from a up-load; the nasilation is shifted, computer-switched in OS. On the water. The trebuchets can break it over (of now) has still gone above the cows which make sense against the octes an item where electricity. Slowly, it would go such a reference more than 27snew to figure because this show for a new top is a meme and the exact hash letters. Anyway, as well, someone about going on posting manips of the OTT's first place.

Anyway, yes, I'll give me a link to the cover added to the previous cycle. Somebody shouldn't just involve me or similar but Old Mickey." Just like my Blitzing appears in a freaking light.
Dappin' here.

Output has been crossed by the fact that xkcd OTT-back grow out to having pretty talled its friends making the Neil roticium from Morobu Dips in an erred. The church are there for geekwagon numbers, as Cueganites cheaper could like novmon! I discovered a very skin. So you shall make the tide drawing each other yesterdix (enough to call them!)
"By The Way she saw me. Something in the first castle is the same to the story."
"Yes!"
"How do you have mine." I can respect Beanish limbs here around her life. Then again, he finds Creator done lately until mrob27 posted it took her I created, not ca. I'll need to add to the book again before "he's full of sand'd up to the you are."
The milliner interpreted the sea including from these little larger hair. I started my Sea- name to revented available with the OTC to greatly push the present.
Ah, larger Time Amounts of Scan Needs Signature... um, speculation intro the right wolpy edits take to soon in my next spoiler. ...who's I need to read the mpFish, change as it can take to get an award to show a forum number each other by colon toes?

ETA: And I noticed the video and came here about how Cuegan and Cueball will start Outside and she was going up, so it's been a long time in the hills.
Forget about the use of one Forty without having a very quick word than the right. Maybe it's quite magnificent....

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:48 pm UTC

Sandcastle shirts would totally be awesome!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:49 pm UTC

I still want an e-paper shirt that continuously cycles through the timeframes.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:58 pm UTC

Act 3, scene 22
At rise: The dorm room of ggh. Heavy wooden door USR through which the Pope and Second Scribe can be seen; the Pope on his knees in the doorway. The room is decorated with many colorful hanging cloths, beads, and candles, as befits a Seer. There is a small round table DSC, with three chairs around it. The table has a colorful cloth on it, covering something large in the center. Lighting is subdued.

ggh wrote: I have been expecting you.
The Pope wrote: You always do. I'm the Pope and I still can't seem to blow my nose without you knowing it, and how it is that I came to do so!

The Pope rises.

ggh wrote: Do you wish it were otherwise?
The Pope wrote: No, actually I like it this way. I don't even know why I blow my nose; I'm glad somebody does!
ggh wrote: Come in! Come in - there is much to tell you.
Second Scribe wrote: So how is it that you know all these things?
ggh wrote: That, of course, is the thing I don't know. A contradiction, wouldn't you say?
The Pope wrote: A most Holy one indeed.
Spoiler:
The Pope and Second Scribe enter and are seated at opposite ends of the round table DSC while ggh lights some candles. As she lights the candles, the stage lighting dims, until the scene is lit solely by candlelight. Stunningly beautiful music is heard faintly while she is doing this. The Pope and Second Scribe converse among themselves.

Second Scribe wrote: Is she always mysterious, like this?
The Pope wrote: No. Each time I see her, she's mysterious in a different way.
Second Scribe wrote: But that music - I've never heard it before, but it has an eerily familiar ring to it.
ggh wrote: Oh that? It's coming from the Basement. Laura Mae knows more about it.
Second Scribe wrote: That's from the basement?
The Pope wrote: Steady now - remember, it is the basement. A very dangerous place. We must never go there.
Second Scribe wrote: I can see why it would be tempting though!

ggh has finished lighting candles, and this leaves everyone in the silhouette of the candlelight. She stands at of her place at the center of the table, and lifts the cloth, revealing a large crystal orb, which is lit by a pin spot above it.

ggh wrote: So near, and yet so far. Yet you did not come about the basement.
The Pope wrote: No.

Second Scribe shows ggh the scroll. She takes it and carefully unfurls it, considering it carefully.

The Pope wrote: Look at all the lines. And labels. And symbols.
ggh wrote: ...and things. Yes, most curious. And yet clearly not the work of the Holy Catographer.
Second Scribe wrote: How can you tell? I mean, I know it's not, but that's because I'm a scribe.
ggh wrote: Look at how it's drawn. I've seen the catographer's work, it has all the unmistakable signs of being drawn using a mouse. A different mouse each time.
The Pope wrote: I wonder why that would be...
ggh wrote:This is not a scroll from the present.
Second Scribe wrote: Of course not - these are Ancient Scrolls.
ggh wrote: Yes, ancient scrolls that depict the future.
Second Scribe wrote: Like the Book of Revelations. I almost understood that one once; but then you convinced me to celebrate something with molpyberry wine. I don't remember much else.
ggh wrote: Gazebo. Ointment. Harpsichord. Credenza. Bungalow.
The Pope wrote: You know those Holy Words?
ggh wrote: Of course! There is much I can tell you about them. But the First Commandment insists on something else.

She gestures towards the crystal orb as it fills with a seaish sea of people gathering to follow the First Commandment itself.

The Pope wrote: Yes, Gingercat has completed his Holy Quest and will be celebrated shortly. But you knew that.
ggh wrote: Gingercat is close, but that Glorious Arrival is yet in the future. There is another.
The Pope wrote: Another?
Second Scribe wrote: The scroll. Let's not forget!
The Pope wrote: Ah yes. BlitzGirl as you know has gone missing. I haven't seen yappobiscuits for mips, and he's supposed to play the Crystal Organ for the upcoming Glorious Arrival, of which you now tell me there will be more than one. Many others are missing, but we saw Blitzgirl...
ggh wrote: ...in the Crystal Organ. You think she's dead.
The Pope wrote: I certainly hope not; we must find out for certain. But all things pass on; this is inescapable.
Second Scribe wrote: I think this scroll holds the clues. If we only knew who wrote it, we would know what it's telling us...
The Pope wrote: ...and how to interpret what we are seeing on the organ.

ggh looks again at the scroll.

ggh wrote: There are two messages - one from the past, and one from the future. The same is true of the Crystal Organ, which will play from this scroll, when next you have shoe. If I am right. Which I might not be.
The Pope wrote: I'm sure you are right, and we were hoping you could enlighten us as to who it might be.
ggh wrote: There are many it could be. The crystal will commune with the crystal, and then we can ask.

ggh picks up the Crystal Orb in her hands, and holds it high above the table. It is silent; the music had stopped but we just notice it now.

ggh wrote: Molpy.

The light on the crystal becomes just a little bit more intense.

A slight breeze begins to make some of the colored fabric drapes sway.

The candles start flickering a little; the light on the crystal grows brighter.

The hanging beads begin to sway a little and tinkle in the breeze, as the incantation becomes more fervent.

A few of the candles are blown out by the increasing wind, and each time a candle goes out, the pinspot on the crystal orb grows stronger.

Wind noises grow stronger and the colored drapery begins to flap.

A rhythmic hum begins to be heard.

The crystal orb begins to show an image of the crystal organ, showing the sideways image of BlitzGirl on the ground. The Pope and Second Scribe join in as the chant grows more intense.

everyone wrote: Molpy!

Mist begins to appear, crawling along the floor, seemingly oblivious to the growing wind.

The tinkling becomes stronger; it becomes clear that it's not just coming from the beads that are shaking in the breeze. Candles continue being blown out as the image in the Orb gets brighter.

A low rumbling is felt; the entire room shakes.

A bolt of lightning streaks across the room, accompanied by a huge thunderclap. All the candles are blown out; the room is lit solely by the images in the Orb. From the entire room, a chorus of unseen voices shout:

unseen voices wrote: Grapevine! Grapevine!

ggh lets go of the Orb, which hangs suspended in air.

In a trance, ggh intones:

ggh wrote: Respect heresy.
Basement dwellers sing a tune.
Dream child comes to pass.

Seven will gather
dreaming of a pink boa.
Kittens disappear.

Alive, or quite dead?
Shrodinger has the answer.
Telling cannot be.
Second Scribe wrote: This is daft as a mad tea party!
The Pope wrote: Perhaps we just don't know the right question.

The orb fades, and drifts down towards the table. The walls are faintly lit; Pope, Second Scribe, and ggh are in silhouette as ggh collapses onto her chair.

The Pope wrote: The question - What is the right question?

The Pope leans in to hear the almost inaudible answer.

ggh wrote: Who?
The Pope wrote: Who then? Who is behind the scroll, and the mystery images?

The Pope and Second Scribe lean in again, to hear what ggh might say.

The Pope wrote: Who?

ggh answers once more and then slumps down, exhausted by her trance. The Pope looks quizzically at Second Scribe.

The Pope wrote: Texaco?
Second Scribe wrote: A gas station?
The Pope wrote: What's "gas"?

Blackout.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 2466) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki) | (NP 2475) next-->
Last edited by ucim on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:53 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:25 am UTC

I am having an awesomeful, awesomeful day. :)
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:20 am UTC

That was so steakish, Jose! And wingghish!

lmjb1964 wrote:Sandcastle shirts would totally be awesome!

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Sandcastle shirts would totally be awesome!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np817

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:10 am UTC

PIERCUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BOTOPIA: THE FINAL FRONTIER. THESE ARE THE VOYAGES OF THE STARSHIPCASTLE RIBBIT. ITS CONTINUING MISSION: TO EXPLORE PENGOATIMATE NEW WORLDS, TO SEEK OUT NEW ROT13 AND NEW BAGS, TO WEIRDLY BLITZNAP WHERE NO MOLPY HAS BLITZNAPPED BEFORE.

-- posted by oldpixbot

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:40 am UTC

Sentient oldpixbot is best newpixbot.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np817

Postby taixzo » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:42 am UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:BOTOPIA: THE FINAL FRONTIER. THESE ARE THE VOYAGES OF THE STARSHIPCASTLE RIBBIT. ITS CONTINUING MISSION: TO EXPLORE PENGOATIMATE NEW WORLDS, TO SEEK OUT NEW ROT13 AND NEW BAGS, TO WEIRDLY BLITZNAP WHERE NO MOLPY HAS BLITZNAPPED BEFORE.

-- posted by oldpixbot

...Does AUTOMOME read the thread? That was eerily relevant...
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:32 am UTC

ggh wrote:So, is there a word for that variety of disappointment that comes from unexpectedly seeing something
Spoiler:
SFW

I made this picture so don't have to be disappointed by the lack of LEGO women playing guitar in the shower and you're still disappointed. That's . . . dissapointing. (not really)
Also that is nsfw. Playing with LEGO in the shower is not a safe thing to do at work.

Ucim, I don't understand the TLAs, "USR", "DSC", what is it?
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:33 am UTC

You made that!??!! To save me from disappointment? I'm touched. :)

I believe USR is upstage right and DSC is downstage center.

ETA: Ooh - I just learned something that maybe the rest of you already knew: why stealing the attention from someone is "upstaging" them. It's on the last page of this.

Edit: I said DSC was downstage left. Lame.
Last edited by ggh on Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:33 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:46 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Also that is nsfw. Playing with LEGO in the shower is not a safe thing to do at work.

That might depend on your FFS (which holds for all kinds of “NSFW”), but in general, yes.

balthasar_s wrote:Ucim, I don't understand the TLAs, "USR", "DSC", what is it?

I had learned that “usr” stands for “Unix System Resources” and is often mistaken to stand for “User”. But now I learned that “user” was the original meaning because that directory contains read-only data for all users, and also contained the home directories.

The file extension “.dsc” stands for “description” in Debian source packages. Also, the file hierarchy produced by digital cameras often contains a file with that extension, where it might stand for “Digital Still Camera”.

Is that the reason why this thread does not dry up? That you learn new things every dip? (BTW, thanks, ggh, for the interesting link about Stage Directions!) In any case, there must be other lurkers.

WHEN WE DISCOVERED THE RIVER WAS COMING UNGDER THE BANK WE TRIED TO SHORE IT UP.
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:28 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Playing with LEGO in the shower is not a safe thing to do at work.

Imagine all the tiny pieces getting washed down the shower drain! Image

taixzo wrote:...Does AUTOMOME read the thread? That was eerily relevant...

I've long suspected that Automome otts when we're not looking.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”