1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

thunk

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby thunk » Sun May 01, 2016 2:45 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:ETA: Congratulations, taixzo, MysteryAuthor The Next!

Oh. OH. That explains a bit more.

mscha wrote:STERLUNGS...
<snip>

And the famous mustard frames. Or shouldn't I say that.

Papal Decree: Give us your battle plans for fighting the invasion of the Cerean Ice Weasels.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Sun May 01, 2016 5:37 pm UTC

And another Blitz milestone reached. Now at 65% (1610/2476 pages)

Not going terribly fast I'm afraid, I have not a huge amount to time to blitz, very busy at work at present. And solving all those puzzles as I go tends to take time too :)

There have indeed been many puzzles. Crosswords and splitwords mostly, with the odd OSH thrown in. It's also been interesting seeing the development of the hotdog, especially since I'm playing that (well, actually idling, I've got to a point where I can't do anything until I get to T** **D :))

There have also been brainslugs. A very worrying event. Are the people in the future really people, or do I head through time to emerge in a future ruled by brainslugs. I can only cross my fingers.

And a little late, I finally managed to download One Thousand Posts. Dropbox was not being cooperative. But it was well worth the effort. Totally wowterful tune! It's now part of my regular playlist. Some people are ridiculously talented! And it seems that quite a few of them frequent the OTT. Which makes me feel rather furtive... I have no special talents myself :( I'm probably irritating people with these posts, so I'll shut up now. Back at 70%

--Rakhal

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun May 01, 2016 6:08 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Yeah, IIRC Helper actually is a "he," which was confusing to Waiters-of-the-Time since his avatar depicts a silhouette usually interpreted as female.

Odd - I always saw it as a (male) zombie. I guess it's the hair, but that looks more like the scraggly remains of the undead (and bald up top, perhaps even with a little bit of exposed brain or something if you really use your imagination...)

Ah, thanks BlitzGirl for clearing that up for me! And Febrion, I'm kinda like you: I always saw that avatar as a bit Gollumesque. I did look it up on Google Images once and found it came from this:
Spoiler:
which seems slightly more female, and yet, even after seeing it, I couldn't help seeing the Gollum-like thing again almost immediately.

mscha wrote:ETA: if you look carefully, you'll see that we can beat 5! = 120 without resorting to anagrams.
By dividing the 're from the we?

thunk wrote:
ggh wrote:ETA 3: thunk, your subjects are fun. :)

Space bo.
Hmm, that's gone right over my head.

Febrion wrote:p.p.s. Re: your title - some people aren't irked because it's what they really want. Others become terrified. Some get both.
Ha! I totally didn't get this 'til the second time I read this post.

BlitzGirl wrote:I think it's from the movie "Wreck-It Ralph" based on the context where I found the picture, but I haven't seen that one so I'm not sure.
I think I really enjoyed it. It's been a while though.

The blitzposts from thunk remind me of something, and then it came to me: Dennis Miller doing Monday Night Football. For your consideration: the title of BlitzGirl the Millerific.

balthasar_s wrote:The blitzers are reading so fast!
how?
I wish I could.
I will never blitz.
When the thread was moving fast and I was trying to keep up as best I could, I believe my average speed was 3 pages per hour. I resented blitzposts and really any other kind of lengthy posting. I was only able to ditch the bad attitude when I accepted in my heart that I didn't have to read everything. There are many ways to Time.

More ketchup later.
Last edited by ggh on Sun May 01, 2016 6:12 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1023

Postby mscha » Sun May 01, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

STELLIFYUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:♫ COME, MISTER BLITZY MAN, BLITZY ME TYMIVERSARY / PLAN(C)K COME AND ME WAN' GO HOME ♫

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun May 01, 2016 6:22 pm UTC

I saw a big poster which said "1190zł" (a price for something)

For papst-decree. not a walk (I was on bike) also not most adventurous. I was reminded of it yesterday.

It was end of November 2015. I can't dance at all. I finally decided to take some dancing lessons. That was when I was going to go there the first time. It was in the same city where I was going to university and now to FFS. But the location was different. Because of the position relative to the river I would have a much longer way than the actual distance. And I could not go by train (It's 12 minutes from the train station) because at that time (7pm on Saturday) there were no trains. So I decided to cross the river before entering the city, through the new bridge on the new ring-road. It was my first time to go that way. (can you already guess what happens next?) The road and the bridge are so new that they are not on my (also new) map of the city's surroundings. I found on internet the way I'm supposed to go. Also it showed me that to go there by bike should take 1 hour, 6 minutes. I decided to reserve more time (because of going there for the first time), 1.5 hour. But I was ready earlier and didn't have anything to do so when I left home I had two hours to get there. Good.
My map didn't have the new bridge so I didn't take it. Not a good idea. I only had a map on my computer. I couldn't print it. I took some screenshots and I took my computer with me in my bag. When I wanted to look at the map to see where I am and where to go next I had to stop, take the computer out of the bag, turn it on and wait until it starts. That was problematic because it required some time.
Of course, instead of turning the computer off after seeing the map I could have put it to standby mode and then later wake it up without waiting. But this computer automatically wakes up whenever it's opened and I can't change it because it's hardwired (or hardcoded). And there is a problem with the button which is used to detect being closed. Some shaking is enough to incorrectly detect being open. So after a few seconds on bike the computer would start again and use up the battery so I would be completely mapless. I think I'm going to destroy that button.
Because of this I was not checking the map very often (only when I didn't know where I am and where to next.) and was not always sure if I'm going it the right direction. And it was getting dark already. Everything looks different. But I was making progress and going forward. At some point I had to leave the ring-road and go right, towards the city on a small road through fields and a bit of a forest. After 200 or 300m the road left a small village. The rest of it turned out to be a very old, narrow, pre-war road made of stones. Cool. Except going through stone is not so comfortable on bike. But ok. A little further the road crossed a flood wall (or how is this called in English). I went up. On the top it was possible to go left or right but I didn't see any in front. But the map said the road should continue straight. In front, below there were only some trees and bushes. I saw some space between them. Oh, so that is my road. ok.
The stone road continued forward. On both sides there were bushes and small trees. Lots of branches from both sides were connected over the road, rather low. A standing person could not always fit under them. I had to keep my head only a few cm above the handlebar and be careful. In some place I had to get off the bike and move a bit on foot. Also there were some broken branches laying on the road. It was a little difficult to move forward and I didn't know if I will be able to reach the other end of the road. But it felt great. And the place looked cool. Well, only as much as I could see in my bike's front light because it was dark already. And about the light: I had to be slow enough to be able to avoid the wood hanging in the air. The bike has the electric generator integrated into the front wheel. When moving so slowly the light still works but it blinks. With a frequency of a few Hz. While moving forward with this blinking light everything appeared to move towards me not continuously but in small discrete steps (jumps?) like in a low-FPS animation. Cool.
I reached the other end and the rest of the way was rather easy (but I still had to stop for the map and find my way twice). I got to the destination just in time.

Next weeks, months I was going there some more times, both way (unless I went by train) and I really liked it. Always when it was dark. Also the next times it was much faster because I became familiar with the place. In winter I even went there when there was new snow. Which means increased difficulty but I still liked it. When I reached the fragment with the low trees all over the road I noticed traces left by another bike.
Wow, there is someone who experienced the same!

Later my schedule changed and I always went by train. Until yesterday. Yesterday I went there again. I was happy about it because it would be the first time I could see the place in daylight. And it was not winter anymore and I expected the place to look beautiful. When I reached it I saw that all the bushes and the small trees were cut away. And the road's surface replaced with a new, completely flat one. Maybe it's much easier and faster now but the place is gone. So much disappointment. I wanted to find out how it looks in daylight. I wanted to take some pictures. I wanted to show it to my sister one day.

ETA: In othercomic 1673 we learn that the wheelstick is not a new thing.

ETA: I got a notification about being quoted in this post from September 2014. The post was edited today.
ETA:The title given to ggh changed.
before wrote:In any case, I herewith offer you the title of ImageThe Rosettish Discoverer of t1i.
now wrote:In any case, I herewith offer you the title of ImageThe Rosettish Discoverer of Time After Time.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun May 01, 2016 8:04 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

thunk

Postby thunk » Sun May 01, 2016 7:54 pm UTC

ggh wrote:The blitzposts from thunk remind me of something, and then it came to me: Dennis Miller doing Monday Night Football. For your consideration: the title of BlitzGirl the Millerific.

I think you'll find it a Great DIsappointment that I haven't seen that. But the gist is the same--I like packing obscure references into things much as Randall did in Time, so it's just a bit of a homage--if a hamfisted one.

BTW, "space bo" is a joke rendering of "spasibo" --that is, "thanks" in transliterated Russian.

Lord Palmerston! Pitt the Elder! LORD PALMERSTON! PITT THE ELDER! *fisticuffs*
troo dat

addams

Postby addams » Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 pm UTC

ggh wrote:

balthasar_s wrote:The blitzers are reading so fast!
how?
I wish I could.
I will never blitz.

When the thread was moving fast and I was trying to keep up as best I could, I believe my average speed was 3 pages per hour.
I resented blitzposts and really any other kind of lengthy posting.

I was only able to ditch the bad attitude when I accepted in my heart that I didn't have to read everything.
There are many ways to Time.

More ketchup later.

Such a reassuring thing to post ggh...

I do not understand a great deal of what I read in Time.
There is very little difference between not reading Time and not understanding Time.

Spoiler:
I have been posting on xkcd sense before the beginning of Time.
Yet; I still feel like an outsider.

balthasar_s wrote:I saw a big poster which said "1190zł" (a price for something)

For papst-decree. not a walk (I was on bike) also not most adventurous. I was reminded of it yesterday.

Spoiler:
It was end of November 2015. I can't dance at all. I finally decided to take some dancing lessons. That was when I was going to go there the first time. It was in the same city where I was going to university and now to FFS. But the location was different. Because of the position relative to the river I would have a much longer way than the actual distance. And I could not go by train (It's 12 minutes from the train station) because at that time (7pm on Saturday) there were no trains. So I decided to cross the river before entering the city, through the new bridge on the new ring-road. It was my first time to go that way. (can you already guess what happens next?) The road and the bridge are so new that they are not on my (also new) map of the city's surroundings. I found on internet the way I'm supposed to go. Also it showed me that to go there by bike should take 1 hour, 6 minutes. I decided to reserve more time (because of going there for the first time), 1.5 hour. But I was ready earlier and didn't have anything to do so when I left home I had two hours to get there. Good.
My map didn't have the new bridge so I didn't take it. Not a good idea. I only had a map on my computer. I couldn't print it. I took some screenshots and I took my computer with me in my bag. When I wanted to look at the map to see where I am and where to go next I had to stop, take the computer out of the bag, turn it on and wait until it starts. That was problematic because it required some time.
Of course, instead of turning the computer off after seeing the map I could have put it to standby mode and then later wake it up without waiting. But this computer automatically wakes up whenever it's opened and I can't change it because it's hardwired (or hardcoded). And there is a problem with the button which is used to detect being closed. Some shaking is enough to incorrectly detect being open. So after a few seconds on bike the computer would start again and use up the battery so I would be completely mapless. I think I'm going to destroy that button.
Because of this I was not checking the map very often (only when I didn't know where I am and where to next.) and was not always sure if I'm going it the right direction. And it was getting dark already. Everything looks different. But I was making progress and going forward. At some point I had to leave the ring-road and go right, towards the city on a small road through fields and a bit of a forest. After 200 or 300m the road left a small village. The rest of it turned out to be a very old, narrow, pre-war road made of stones. Cool. Except going through stone is not so comfortable on bike. But ok. A little further the road crossed a flood wall (or how is this called in English). I went up. On the top it was possible to go left or right but I didn't see any in front. But the map said the road should continue straight. In front, below there were only some trees and bushes. I saw some space between them. Oh, so that is my road. ok.
The stone road continued forward. On both sides there were bushes and small trees. Lots of branches from both sides were connected over the road, rather low. A standing person could not always fit under them. I had to keep my head only a few cm above the handlebar and be careful. In some place I had to get off the bike and move a bit on foot. Also there were some broken branches laying on the road. It was a little difficult to move forward and I didn't know if I will be able to reach the other end of the road. But it felt great. And the place looked cool. Well, only as much as I could see in my bike's front light because it was dark already. And about the light: I had to be slow enough to be able to avoid the wood hanging in the air. The bike has the electric generator integrated into the front wheel. When moving so slowly the light still works but it blinks. With a frequency of a few Hz. While moving forward with this blinking light everything appeared to move towards me not continuously but in small discrete steps (jumps?) like in a low-FPS animation. Cool.
I reached the other end and the rest of the way was rather easy (but I still had to stop for the map and find my way twice). I got to the destination just in time.

Next weeks, months I was going there some more times, both way (unless I went by train) and I really liked it. Always when it was dark. Also the next times it was much faster because I became familiar with the place. In winter I even went there when there was new snow. Which means increased difficulty but I still liked it. When I reached the fragment with the low trees all over the road I noticed traces left by another bike.
Wow, there is someone who experienced the same!

Later my schedule changed and I always went by train. Until yesterday. Yesterday I went there again. I was happy about it because it would be the first time I could see the place in daylight. And it was not winter anymore and I expected the place to look beautiful. When I reached it I saw that all the bushes and the small trees were cut away. And the road's surface replaced with a new, completely flat one. Maybe it's much easier and faster now but the place is gone. So much disappointment. I wanted to find out how it looks in daylight. I wanted to take some pictures. I wanted to show it to my sister one day.

balthasar_s;
I understood that story.

Thank you.
It is beautifully told.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

thunk

14: Needeep!

Postby thunk » Mon May 02, 2016 12:59 am UTC

599/2476 NP read (24.19%)
6.8 dips taken (curse you, mustard!)

No really hard reference today--just some frogsong.

Spoiler:
And now I come to the part where Cuegan wend through the great barchans of yore. I mean, it's hard walking up there. Wouldn't you want to go jumping around like the kids you are? Wheee....oof! ow. I think I fell like Megan did.

There's also grass and birbs and stuff. I'm sure they're as glad as I to exit the lifeless void they called home. It'll be unfounded in a few dips anyway, don't worry.

People come up with the "wip", "mip", and "yip", which means I can now use them without causing a time paradox. "xip" apparently didn't stick. Other people remind me of the infamous Cupcakes... now why did they do that? Crap, I'm bringing it up again. Let's just quietly forget about this, so that I can as well.

somemolpy in the past wrote:Hmm, not sure about the wifi situation, but I feel like it might be a problem if the best man was on his laptop the whole time. Wouldn't want to cause any incidents :P

Reminds me of when my dad was at a private birthday dinner for one of our friends. He and I spent the entire time compulsively checking the scores of the local hockey team (to admonishment from my mom), with the help of an accomplice in Toronto. Thankfully, said team won.

With Megan's mention of the wind, I can finally talk about some meteorology. As the pair ascends from what we now know are the bottomlands of the former Mediterranean, it apparently gets windier. Is this the roughness length decreasing, or are the peaks poking out of the very near surface and into layers where the winds aren't as slowed by friction?

One would think that given they're on a downslope, Cuegan would experience some form of foehn wind whenever the prevailing slow is northwesterly. Better make sure those tents are well-anchored. Also, lapse rate issues would probably give our protagonists some problems. Assuming it's spring, the wet-bulb temperature in Beanie Land might be about 10 degrees C on a warm day (see here for reference). Since parcels moving downslope conserve potential Tw--it only changes for an adiabatic process if moisture precipitates out, and the actual temperature (squiggly line on the right) closely follows the moist adiabat (curved blue line) throughout the troposphere-- actual Tw should increase at about 5 or 6 K/km. Because Cuegan are about 2.6 km below sea level, their Tw should be about 25 C, which is actually pretty hot--the dry-bulb (thermometer) temperature might come out to about 40 C if the descent is unsaturated. The dewpoint should follow a line of constant mixing ratio (about 7 g/kg) and be about 15 C, which is not too horrible.

But if it's a hot summer day, Beanie Tw might be about 25 or even 30 C--the peak on earth currently is about 31 or 32 C, which is remarkably constant between climate zones. (I have the papers, but they're paywalled). This means Cuegan Tw might be 40 or even 45 C, rather lethal considering that perspiration can't reduce body temperature below the wet-bulb temp. Heat stroke would quickly ensue for any value above 35 C, and that's not counting activity or sun exposure.

...that's probably why their people head for the hills in the summer. Wasn't that a long digression?
troo dat

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time Drips"

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 02, 2016 1:58 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:It would probably do better if I reduced the vocabulary by removing some of the less common characters.
Do you use any kind of probability weighting for the individual letters? Or for the words (beyond chained probability of wordn following wordn-1)?
Jose

It's a character level neural network. So there's a probability rating on characters, which the network produces. See http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/
The implementation I switched to a few days ago is https://github.com/jcjohnson/torch-rnn but I've mostly used https://github.com/karpathy/char-rnn

Currently receiving my first chemo drug!
ETA @BlitzGirl
Wreck-It Ralph is an awesomeful film, StormAnkle and I saw it on our skycastle flight to OTTerCon.

ETRM*stard.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon May 02, 2016 2:34 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 02, 2016 2:20 am UTC

Best Wishes to you ED.
I hope Chemo is a CupCake Walk for you.

If I could make images,
I'd image you CupCakes.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "I thunk it's Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 02, 2016 2:37 am UTC

Ketchup update: treeish AotC!
Steakish taixzo!!
On my second chemo drug, so far so molpish.
Praying a seaish amount.
AUTOMOME wrote:THIS IS OTTIFIED. I CAN TELL BY THE <COMPUTERY STUFF>, AND FROM HAVING SEEN A LOT OF AWESOMEFULNESS IN MY DIP

Truth!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

StormAngel

Thanks I could help, bro!

Postby StormAngel » Mon May 02, 2016 3:53 am UTC

In fact, AOTC, Act 3, scene 22 wrote:
The Pope wrote: Texaco?
Second Scribe wrote: A gas station?
The Pope wrote: What's "gas"?

I thought ggh meant Taixzo, but I just assumed I'd missed the reveal, not that this was the reveal :oops:
Exceedingly Steakish!

addams wrote:If I could make images,
I'd image you CupCakes.

Will this suffice?

Searched for cupcake walk, found these wingish tuxraptors:

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh, is the chain still going? In that case:

Spoiler:
taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
Valarya wrote:
ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
slinches wrote:
Link wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ucim wrote:
Febrion wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
ggh wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ergman wrote:we're still here! weird, right?
We're still weird here, right?
We're still right here, weird...
Here, we're still right weird.
Weird, we're still right here.
Right here, we're still weirdyay.
Right. Weird, here we're still.why
Here, we're right. Weird still.
Right. We're still here. Weird.ε
Still here, right? We're weird.
We're still right weird here.
We're right, still weird here!
Still, we're weird right here.
Right, we're weird: still here!
We're still. Right here? Weird!
We're here! Right, still weird.
Here, we're still weird, right?
We're still here, right? Weird!
Still right. Weird we're here!
Right, we're here! (Still weird.)
Still weird: we're right here!
Here, weird we're still right!
still here!! We're weird, right?
We're here. Weird? Still, right.
Right, weird we're still here.
Still here. We're right weird.

Weird? Here we're still right!thunking
Spoiler:
Addams Cupcake.png
image you CupCakes
Addams Cupcake.png (32.94 KiB) Viewed 9785 times
Last edited by StormAngel on Mon May 02, 2016 4:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order, Protector of Othamburg
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time" - not all nanomolpies are molpish

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 02, 2016 4:07 am UTC

Time doesn't discriminate
Between the Megans
And the Cues
It flows and it flows and it flows
And we keep walking anyway
We ONG and we Blitz
And we molp
And we make our m*stards
And if there's a reason I'm on its side
When so many are outside
Then I'm willing to wait for it
I'm willing to wait for it

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 02, 2016 5:16 am UTC

taixzo wrote:"thunking" sounds fun.
Do you like Kipling?

thunk wrote:She arrives, as it should be, at the eleventh hour...
"The eleventh hour" is common vernacular for "at the last moment" (from St. John Chrysostom, referring to the Paschal (Easter) feast:
"If any have tarried even until the eleventh hour,
let him also be not alarmed at his tardiness;
for the Lord, who is jealous of his honor,
will accept the last even as the first;"

Well... in the Heretical time system, there are twelve hours, and I've never seen the Bible refer to the zeroth hour. This implies that there is still an hour left after those who have tarried until the eleventh hour (but not the twelfth hour). It's never stated that they will be let in. So always arrive an hour early.
Spoiler:
It ensures that you'll wait for it. :)
addams wrote:oh, Thunk!
....you have scary air.
"Scary Air" is the title of VHS's first movie soundtrack album.

Unfortunately, the movie's title was heretical (The Air is Big) and it flopped.

Sustainablizer wrote:@ucim: Awesomeful revealing! I needed a long Time to get it. Holy waiting!
Well, Aluisio was thinking of making some hard-core copies of AotC, so I figured some hard-core waiting was in order. :)

Glad you've all been enjoying AotC.

mscha wrote:(Colorization by ggh.)
Yanno ggh, you've done some pretty awesomeful colorations! I may have mentioned them before, but redundancy is molpish. Awesomeful!

taixzo wrote:whereas I just cast rays from lamps towards solid objects and put the bottoms of new objects there.
Well, there must be something solid about the air then. I've got some pretty seaish stuff floating up there!

I've aimed the lights at the ground and am seeing some treeish stuff, including a Megan leaning (or lying) against the air. I guess the air is solid. :)

And while I have you.... That was an ch*rpin' awesomefully steakish Time after/before Time! Axios!

SilentTimer wrote:The answer lies in the past.
Thanks - I kinda thought it would, but I have CRS. (Unfortunately I forgot what that means.)

Rakhal! Great to hear from you! Getting close now... I wonder between you and thunk who will make it first. Look out behind you!

ggh wrote:By dividing the 're from the we?
By repunctuating, I think.

addams wrote:I do not understand a great deal of what I read in Time.
There is very little difference between not reading Time and not understanding Time.
Understanding may come if you wait for it. And if not, remember that confusion is its own reward. :)
addams wrote:Yet; I still feel like an outsider.
An outsider you are not. Confused, we are all, sometimes. But often from confusion comes something new and molpish.

Eternal Density wrote:It's a character level neural network. So there's a probability rating on characters, which the network produces. See http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/
Very impressive, if a bit more <computer-stuff>y than I usually delve into. I wonder if, once it can recognize words, switching to a word-based neural network would accelerate its advancement.

Hope your chemo is more molpish than steambottle, and that the result is molpish.

StormAngel wrote:I thought ggh meant Taixzo, but I just assumed I'd missed the reveal, not that this was the reveal :oops:
I thought I'd drop a few hints as I dragged it out. :)

Eternal Density wrote:Time doesn't discriminate
Between the Megans
And the Cues
We ONG and we Blitz
And we molp
And we make our m*stards
When so many are outside
Ironically aprops.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time" - but all nanomolpies are nanomolpish

Postby Eternal Density » Mon May 02, 2016 6:15 am UTC

ucim wrote:
....you have scary air.

Not VHF?
ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:It's a character level neural network. So there's a probability rating on characters, which the network produces. See http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/
Very impressive, if a bit more <computer-stuff>y than I usually delve into. I wonder if, once it can recognize words, switching to a word-based neural network would accelerate its advancement.

Hope your chemo is more molpish than steambottle, and that the result is molpish.

StormAngel wrote:I thought ggh meant Taixzo, but I just assumed I'd missed the reveal, not that this was the reveal :oops:
I thought I'd drop a few hints as I dragged it out. :)

Eternal Density wrote:Time doesn't discriminate
Between the Megans
And the Cues
We ONG and we Blitz
And we molp
And we make our m*stards
When so many are outside
Ironically aprops.

Jose
Thanks, I'm doing like steak so far.
I'm not sure if character-level and word-level training can be meaningfully combined. But I do know of one word-level RNN. The creator basically altered the char-RNN to be a word-RNN.

The song was very recently posted by someone in a social thread on an otherforum (or another forum), and given that the song is called Wait For It (I didn't change the final two lines) I just had to OTTify it, so I did so on the spot.

karhell

Re: 1190: "Time" - but all nanomolpies are nanomolpish

Postby karhell » Mon May 02, 2016 9:17 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:
....you have scary air.

Not VHF?

They changed for their first video clip ?
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:10 am UTC

Ooooooohhhhhh.....Texaco. I get it. Baobabs!

There was much Outside this wipend. Much of it was very molpish (a show, and several friends that are like family in town all wipend), but it led to some hurried ketchup. Wonderful to see Valarya--Hi, Val! And the blitzers are blitzing awesomefully, and treeish new AotC, and steakish story from balthasar, and many wowterful things.

Molpish wishes for ED.

I really must coma. I'me once again seeing 3AMH, and this is not good. Coma is needed.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon May 02, 2016 10:41 am UTC

karhell wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:
....you have scary air.

Not VHF?

I think it was a rights issue between the film studio and the record label, and the alternative "TBFKAVHF"Image was unpronounceable. Hence VHS, or Video Hotdog System.

Image: The band formerly known as Vital Hotdog Function
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon May 02, 2016 12:02 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I added to the list (http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/video/) the .zips with the original files for 4 of my videos. Two were posted before.
Additionally, here: http://rnk.bicyclesonthemoon.info/filmy/ can be found the original files for most of my other (not time related) videos. There are not only files that I used to make the films but also files that I ended up not using.
I have not watched all of these yet, but I've smiled at the ones I have. Except for the storks. There was something about the camera motion of that one that made me worry that at any moment you might charge at a stork and rip its heart out with your teeth. I'm glad you didn't. They looked like really cool birds.

Do you show lots of other folks your films, balthasar? Has there been any attempt to monetize you? Should there be?

I don't know. The Cerean Ice Weasels look cute. Maybe if we give them some peanut butter, they'll be friendly.

Rakhal, you worry too much! No shutting up for you! Of course... maybe that's just my brainslug talking....

Now I know what wet-bulb temperature is. Treeish!

addams:
Spoiler:
You are not a outsider here. You have never been an outsider here.
If I recall correctly, you stopped by long ago, said something deliciously off-topic, and everyone said, "hey, cool: it's addams!"

Oh balthawaltzer, I am so sorry you lost your stone road. Places like that are magic. I'm glad you immortalized it here.
But, so, the dancing? How did that go?
Also, do you have a digital camera? Sometimes I take pictures of Google Maps before I go to new places and navigate from the camera - it weighs a lot less than sand.

About my title change (mighty chuffed) I too got a notification, so the first thing I did was check your mirror to see what had changed. At first I thought, well, that's a sneaky edit, and then I had to admit that I posted the enhanced t1i frames in a sneaky edit....
That mirror you made is a mighty useful thing. :)

Thanks for the flash new title, SilentTimer! If I was really Rosettish though, I could figure out what those plants are in t1i. I almost want to go to Asinara just to yank one up and wave it at their park guides until someone tells me what it's called.

Hi ED! Great that the chemo is going well so far! Is it pills or intravenous or what?
Great otty!
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon May 02, 2016 1:21 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
taixzo wrote:whereas I just cast rays from lamps towards solid objects and put the bottoms of new objects there.
Well, there must be something solid about the air then. I've got some pretty seaish stuff floating up there!

I've aimed the lights at the ground and am seeing some treeish stuff, including a Megan leaning (or lying) against the air. I guess the air is solid. :)

The Air is Solid! :P

ucim wrote:And while I have you.... That was an ch*rpin' awesomefully steakish Time after/before Time! Axios!

Thank you! :D
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

karhell

Re: 1190: "Time" - can molpies be nanomolpish ?

Postby karhell » Mon May 02, 2016 1:51 pm UTC

Just realised I forgot (again >.<) to congratulate taixzo for what is a(nother) pretty damn impressive accomplishment.
First one of the fastest blitzes to date, SandGarden, t-1, and probably other things I can't remember right now. Baobabs don't even begin to express that.

Now, I'm just mildly confused as to who figured out what, how, and when... *eyes Jose and ggh suspiciously*
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1043

Postby mscha » Mon May 02, 2016 2:10 pm UTC

MEANUNGLESSNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ChronosDragon.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:¡THIS CHRONOTRANSPONDER IS SUSTAINABILIZING ME!

-- posted by oldpixbot

ggh

Re: 1190: "Time" - sure, why not?

Postby ggh » Mon May 02, 2016 3:13 pm UTC

karhell wrote:Now, I'm just mildly confused as to who figured out what, how, and when... *eyes Jose and ggh suspiciously*

You don't think I just went into a trance?
Okay.
When, for me, was somewhere between the time of this post and the time I edited it.

I can't speak for Jose. I'd be eyeing him suspiciously too if I wasn't so busy washing his feet with my tears of gratitude. I was agonizing over how I could possibly do justice to the reveal of taixzo, coming up empty, and preparing to just blurt it out, when I got preview ninja'd by AotC Chapter 50 with me in it. At that point, I hadn't told him anything.

Have you seen Stranger than Fiction? I think Jose wrote me into knowing proto-beanish.
Agatha the Awesomeful

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Mon May 02, 2016 5:22 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
thunk wrote:She arrives, as it should be, at the eleventh hour...
"The eleventh hour" is common vernacular for "at the last moment" (from St. John Chrysostom, referring to the Paschal (Easter) feast:
"If any have tarried even until the eleventh hour,
let him also be not alarmed at his tardiness;
for the Lord, who is jealous of his honor,
will accept the last even as the first;"

Well... in the Heretical time system, there are twelve hours, and I've never seen the Bible refer to the zeroth hour. This implies that there is still an hour left after those who have tarried until the eleventh hour (but not the twelfth hour). It's never stated that they will be let in. So always arrive an hour early.

I am by no means qualified for that kind of argument1, but I think you have to read "until the eleventh hour" as "until the eleventh hour has been struck". So they arrive in the twelfth and last hour. Clearly champions of Waiting for It.

1 Actually I am disqualified for it on oh so many levels. Nevertheless I hope you can enjoy my ramblings.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 02, 2016 5:23 pm UTC

Something arrived today.
(sorry for the poor picture quality, can't make anything better now)
Redundant
Spoiler:
pcbwfi.jpg
pcbrsma.jpg
pcbcool.jpg
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

addams

Postby addams » Mon May 02, 2016 5:46 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Ack - sorry about not ketching up yet. I wish I could even remember which sets of posts I wanted to respond to in what order... and I have to molpy down. But I just wanted to leave this possible character set here, because if I lose it, I will be sad.

Spoiler:

ᴜ v ᴐ ɾ l c x ᘇ
˗ ˀ ˊ ᒽ

ᴜ ᴜ̄ ᴜ̄
v vˀ v̄ v̄ˊ v̄ˊ v̄ ˗v̄
ˊ ˗
ᴐ ᴐˊ ᴐ̄ ᴐ̄ ᴐ̄ˊ ᴐ̇ ᴐ̇ˊ ᴐ̇
ɾ ɾ˗ ɾ ɾˊ
l lˀ lᒽ lˊ l
c c˗ cˀ c cˊ c̄ c̄ˀ c̄ c̄˗ c̄˗ ċ ċ˗ ċˊ ċ
x x˗ ẋ ẋ˗ ẋ
ᘇ ᘇᒽ ᘇ ᘇ˗

ETA: Oh dear, it's 5am and I have not molpied down yet. Tomorrow is going to be a little rough. I mean, today is going to be a little rough.
ucim wrote:I wonder if the original blue-stuff poured into the sea was a kind of radioactive dye...
Not radioactive. ᴐ̇ᒽˀ .lᴐ̄
[spoiler]Image

[/spoiler]What in The Wold Is That??

Have you ever said, "Poor planing on your part,
Does not constitute an emergency on my part."

I have.
Sometimes it is the right answer.
Spoiler:
I promised myself I would 'Never! Ever!'
loan my bathing suit to one particular person, Ever! Ever! again.

She learned to remember to take one of her own.
She also learned she looked great without one.
Some things are more serious than a bathing suit.
Spoiler:
I'd have a tropical vacation

Spoiler:
without a proper bathing suit

Spoiler:
be your most challenging moment.

Spoiler:
Tiger Balm.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

thunk

15: The A and the VL

Postby thunk » Mon May 02, 2016 6:55 pm UTC

...someone please uncheck the autobalancing before I drop my organized sand.

648/2476 NewPages registret (26.17%)
7.6 dips elapsed

Spoiler:
So, at this point begins the actual more interesting stuff in the OTC. The same sense of natural wonder that Randall previewed for us in #1110 now appears for us in #1190, with the ascent of Cuegan from flat sands and salt flats. First, they come to grass, see a Flying Birb above them, then get to the first tree in the comic. How nice trees are---that's probably the first shade they've had in weeks! Makes sense that they'd take a rest. Then it's molpy time! What a fun word, and one of the best contributions made to OTTish.

Cueball's Quest to pick berries is a nice touch--I know my folks sometimes randomly molest trees by the side of whatever path we're walking on. He also finds a campsite, which means there might be, or at least were People there.

Then they walk on, see a GroundBirb or two--I defer to everyone's surprisingly deep birding knowledge wherever I'm reading, and then get to the river. The birbs are raptors (both are avialans), and it's a good world. It's a riparian woodland, or at least the start of one!

Threadwise, we pass several useful links, including to scientific units, CGP Grey on the Netherlands, and PBS Idea Channel. heh. Also, Jose posts several instalments of the AotC, which are rather cool. There are other stories as well--"The Alt-Text", ChronosDragon's film noir, and Earthling On Mars' series which promise to be interesting.

BlitzGirl wrote:unless you can't see the gif, in which case, blame Poland.
Of course. It must be them. Duda's holding the images at ransom for however many zloty.

Kieryn tries to define a coordinate system on Earth, which is confusing because meteorologists do every physics thing rather differently. Vytron, annoyed, stops posting their blitz updates, and then does one in comic form. Masterstroke. Flado is Canonized and Edfel becomes Holy Catographer. (meow). TheMinim begins her quest.

There is another round of Pointless Linguistic Posturing, and then some BANDits (Birds Are Not Dinosaurs) come along. Boo!

This concludes this round of HP Sauce. May you keep waiting for it, everymolpy.
troo dat

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Mon May 02, 2016 7:43 pm UTC

New OtherComic.

Spoiler:
The sea is big.

Redundant:
sustainable-message_in_a_bottle.png

Rakhal wrote:Blitzer Rakhal reporting in from Beacon Gamma (NP 1554) as ordered!

For the record: Beacon Gamma is on NP1728. Rakhal was reporting from Beacon Echo.

Awesomeful circuit boards, Balthasar! :cool:

ggh wrote:treeishly seaishly
taixzo magnificent
gardens you grow bring you
gleeful respect

multidimensional
tip of an iceberg time
stunned you can do it all,
I genuflect!

I feel a bit guilty recycling this poem, but redundancy is molpish, no?
It's a bit clumsy, I admit. Sorry about that. And my spelling is terrible.

Sustainabilizer, does that answer your question? ;)

Not really. ;) But it's OK, I can
Spoiler:
wait for it
and
Spoiler:
and
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT for more hints to get my question answered.
In any case, I'm molpish with it. :)

THE RIVER IS SLOW.
THE SEA IS RISUNG.

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Mon May 02, 2016 8:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon May 02, 2016 8:03 pm UTC

... don't look at me. I have nothing to do with it ... (ETA: I wrote this when thunk's post was the newest)
ggh wrote:There was something about the camera motion of that one that made me worry that at any moment you might charge at a stork and rip its heart out with your teeth. I'm glad you didn't. They looked like really cool birds.
??:??:??
Yes, they are really cool. Also if I did something to them people would not forgive me.

ggh wrote:Do you show lots of other folks your films, balthasar?
Not lots. I showed them to some people. And they are publicly available. Sometimes someone finds them. Someone posted the "Uncle Scienceman: The Earth Is Flat" somewhere and now it's the most viewed (6.5k) and commented film. I was very surprised when people believed I'm actually trying to convince that the Earth is flat and that the sun is much closer. Even though it's totally obvious that nothing in the film is serious.

ggh wrote:Has there been any attempt to monetize you? Should there be?
What do you mean by it?

ggh wrote:But, so, the dancing? How did that go?
Good, I'm actually learning something.

ggh wrote:Also, do you have a digital camera?
Yes. But it's broken. It doesn't work on batteries any more. Even with full and new batteries it turns off itself whenever I try to take a picture. It has to be powered externally, from a power supply of through USB from a computer. It also turns off itself then but only sometimes. It can also record video but not more than 60s (or was it 30s?) and without sound.

I sometimes borrow a camera from my parents. I made my films on my parents' camera.

I think you had more questions for me somewhere. Maybe I'll find them.

Te Long Night really seems to be much longer when reading the past pages!
BFTF replay

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon May 02, 2016 8:56 pm UTC

I too wish to add my thanks and admiration to taixzo. I fear this is a bit like when I was in college, and my roommate thought my Calculus homework was easier than her freshman math homework, because I had 3 problems assigned, and she had 30. I don't have the knowledge to even properly appreciate how much work, creativity, etc. it took.

And ggh, ucim etc. I am continually awed and amazed. And thunk, thank you for the fresh, new insights.

Thank you, everymolpy.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon May 02, 2016 9:30 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
karhell wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:
....you have scary air.

Not VHF?

I think it was a rights issue between the film studio and the record label, and the alternative "TBFKAVHF"Image was unpronounceable. Hence VHS, or Video Hotdog System.

No. The reel issue was that Virtual Horseradish Spread was the first incarnation of the band. VHS was in Beta, so everything unwound even though the producers tried to tape it all together. The veneer wore thin, but since the band members had the right kind of magnetism, they tried time shifting by waiting for it. This erased any remaining mustard, and they could function again. When they realized how important this was to the success of the band, the new (and present) name became obvious.
Spoiler:
The flip side of VHS's ill-fated soundtrack album led off with Helical scan - a rarely played song about tornadoes.
karhell wrote:Now, I'm just mildly confused as to who figured out what, how, and when... *eyes Jose and ggh suspiciously*
All the credit goes to ggh. I'd figured that ggh figured it out. I just managed to toss a brick in time.

(Careful, the above is a TV... well, it's probably too late now anyway.) :)

ggh wrote:Have you seen Stranger than Fiction? I think Jose wrote me into knowing proto-beanish.
Have I told you how good ggh is at figuring things out?

Sciscitor wrote:but I think you have to read "until the eleventh hour" as "until the eleventh hour has been struck". So they arrive in the twelfth and last hour. Clearly champions of Waiting for It.
I'll buy that. It would be heresy if those who Waited For It were shortchanged.

balthasar_s wrote:Something arrived today.
The sea is big...
Sustainabilizer wrote:New OtherComic.
Spoiler:
The sea is big.
.. and does what it wants.

Treeish Otty Sustainablizer! And Baltimore - What, besides Waiting For It, does the circuit do?

addams wrote:I promised myself I would 'Never! Ever!'
This sounds like the beginning of an interesting story. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

thunk

***16: In Memoriam***

Postby thunk » Mon May 02, 2016 9:40 pm UTC

This is a special update.

I have reached the part of the OTT, on the first of Awe, when the news about the devastating Moore tornado reached the thread.

We certainly have scary air here. And my condolences go out to the next-town-over neighbors, who have repeatedly had to deal with the scariest air of all.

May this never happen again.

---Temporal Edit---

htom wrote:Moore has been hit by a Force 5 twice in the last fifteen years. I am not even going to start watching.

In fact, in the last 15 yips, the city of Moore has been hit by:

--An F5 tornado, the strongest ever recorded, on 12 Departure 14 B.T.
--An F4 tornado on 17 Departure 10 B.T.
--An EF4, and two EF1 tornadoes on 19 Departure 3 B.T.
--Most famously, an EF5 tornado on 1 Awe 0 A.T.

Not to mention several weaker ones. And stronger ones that occurred nearby.

Why Moore?
Last edited by thunk on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
troo dat

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Mon May 02, 2016 9:59 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
ZoomanSP wrote:
karhell wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:
....you have scary air.

Not VHF?

No. The reel issue was that Virtual Horseradish Spread was the first incarnation of the band. VHS was in Beta, so everything unwound even though the producers tried to tape it all together. The veneer wore thin, but since the band members had the right kind of magnetism, they tried time shifting by waiting for it. This erased any remaining mustard, and they could function again. When they realized how important this was to the success of the band, the new (and present) name became obvious.
The flip side of VHS's ill-fated soundtrack album led off with Helical scan - a rarely played song about tornadoes.

I'd recommend following the third commandment here...
Spoiler:
RUN

ucim wrote:
All the credit goes to ggh. I'd figured that ggh figured it out. I just managed to toss a brick in time.

(Careful, the above is a TV... well, it's probably too late now anyway.) :)

FTFY
ucim wrote:
ggh wrote:Have you seen Stranger than Fiction? I think Jose wrote me into knowing proto-beanish.
Have I told you how good ggh is at figuring things out?

If there's something amiss36 here, it's gone over my head0.

42Not to be confused with Miss Something
hidingYou could say I missed the joke

ucim wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:but I think you have to read "until the eleventh hour" as "until the eleventh hour has been struck". So they arrive in the twelfth and last hour. Clearly champions of Waiting for It.
I'll buy that. It would be heresy if those who Waited For It were shortchanged.

Now you're really asking for ittime.

1190You're supposed to be wating for it.

ucim wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:Something arrived today.
The sea is big...
Sustainabilizer wrote:New OtherComic.
Spoiler:
The sea is big.
.. and does what it wants.

Treeish Otty Sustainablizer!

I agree - I've never found a message in a bottle myself, but imagine how much better a message in a bottleklein from an otter79 would be!

where's the message?A bOTTle?
2Has that been OTTified yet? If I can't find Message from an OTTer, I'll have to give it a shot myself, but hopefully someone better has already tackled this one

ucim wrote: And Baltimore - What, besides Waiting For It, does the circuit do?

My go-to10 answer, "stuff"kinda.

2Live dangerously
maybeI'm guess it routes electrons from place to place, but if it's anything like what I'd build, it probably also smokes and maybe even provides a nice pyrotechnic show

ucim wrote:
addams wrote:I promised myself I would 'Never! Ever!'
This sounds like the beginning of an interesting story. :)

That's what the first part of an interesting story looks like
ucim wrote:Jose

-b
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

Eternal Density

I hit Quote All, now the OTT is full of bottles

Postby Eternal Density » Tue May 03, 2016 12:50 am UTC

Here's my chemo delivery system, though I'm only up to this mornip's magnesium.
Spoiler:
20160503_103739.jpg

ETA And now I'm on to anti-steambottle stuff. (dexamethasone. It's a steroid!)

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue May 03, 2016 1:17 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
ZoomanSP wrote:
karhell wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:
....you have scary air.

Not VHF?

Spoiler:

Thanks for the clarification. I must have had information from the alternative timeline that diverged in 2000.
Also,
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

thunk

17: The Impending Land Shortage

Postby thunk » Tue May 03, 2016 2:45 am UTC

...not quite an anachronistic title, all y'all will just have to Wait For It.

695/2476 newpages read (28.06%)
7.9 dips elapsed.

Spoiler:
Baobabs!
That's the main feature of this period of Cuegan's travels. As their upward movement takes them to places where there's actually life, and where they might want to live if they weren't on an urgent quest to find out why the sea is broken. Evidence of human habitation begins to pile up---there's markings on the trees and also several abandoned campsites. Since the baobabs aren't in a forest, as usual (and as in the Avenue of the Baobabs Randall yoinked the picture from), someone might have been chopping the other trees down. IKEA doesn't supply itself.

There's also a few molpies floating/buzzing around them, and a smudge on the right as I post. Could it be... (well present me knows already.)

Thread discussion begins with why people put bacon on buns (eh... don't understand the appeal of bacon), why 'murican cooking has so much sugar (I know...) and opening a Bread Bar (I would certainly love to visit there).

thunkety clunkety
double-dactylity
makes me all fuzzy cuz
it's fun to read.

posters are silly, their
velocirhapsodies
keep the thread going, it's--
treeish indeed.

ergman also wrote an actual sestina, which is impressive.

Vytron arrives in the present, after taking a taxi through 40 newpages. Congratulations anyway! Also Strat Player's Burke-an inferences are rather awesomeful. I had a lot of Burke videos played my history classes, which were some of the high points of boring dips.

It makes sense that Cuegan are teens about my age. I know I've achieved full height, they might have too.

Kieryn's street view guy was noted as the last laugh of this upd8.

Now, given scissitor is noting that the information content of each page is increasing (it's getting hard to read more than 10 NP/hr!), I must blitz further.

EDIT: Argh, I still can't seem to spell anymolpy's name right.
Last edited by thunk on Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
troo dat

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1056

Postby mscha » Tue May 03, 2016 3:10 am UTC

BROKUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Earthling on Mars.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:UCIM IS "POSTING THE PUZZLE"... IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue May 03, 2016 3:12 am UTC

On my way to coma I looked at taixzo's garden growing (I pointed the lights at the ground) where there were two baobab trees, and thunk! - a third one appeared before my very eyes. I wonder if it had to do with the fact that I had just looked at thunk's latest update (mscha ninja'd me as I was writing this up).

Jose

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np1056

Postby taixzo » Tue May 03, 2016 4:54 am UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:UCIM IS "POSTING THE PUZZLE"... IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim wrote:(mscha ninja'd me as I was writing this up).

*looks suspiciously for hidden puzzles in ucim's post*
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ergman

Postby ergman » Tue May 03, 2016 5:33 am UTC

I'm ever so confused. But Taixzo made t-1?!?! And ggh figured it out? or Jose or something? I'm going to need a TS;CCЭ

ЭToo Stupid; Couldn't Comprehend.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”