1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:53 am UTC

@June Bug - Sometimes the best gigs are the gigs you don't get.

(Mumble) years ago, having come off of massive m*stard, I applied for an interesting job which would have taken my life in a new direction - film production - which I had gotten interested in. I gave it my best shot, but in the state I was in, they decided to give the job to somebody else. There were only three applicants, and one of them was not really qualified at all, so it wasn't like it was even a long shot. So, back to whatever it was I was doing... but two months later the guy they had hired wasn't working out, and they called me back. Was I still interested? Well, in those two months I had recovered quite a bit, and (truth be told) I wasn't really ready for the position when it first came around. But two months later everything aligned.

You can never tell.

Besides, you weren't drawn and quartered, you didn't get burned at the stake, and they didn't force you to take home an accordion. That's a win!
Spoiler:
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing.
If you can reuse the airplane, it's a great landing!
lmjb1964 wrote:...and also trying to decide if [I should] give up percussion forever.
You have a job where they pay you to beat on things with thwapsticks. How much better can it get?

Don't think of auditions as a test that you have to pass (or not). Don't play to get the gig. Play to have fun. Today. Now. Ch*rp the gig.

That takes the pressure off. And you will have had fun. Today. Life is made of today.

mscha wrote:Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by marchlight.)

Looking at this I see an arm and a fist poking through the grass, with the Cuegan in its grasp.

ggh wrote:Prediction - seven beers later:
Prediction - seven beers after that:
Molpy molpy molpy molpy
molpy molpy molpy molpy
molpy molpy molpy molpy
Grapevine grapevine.

Jose
Edit: So, it's tomorrow and I finally noticed I'm Pope of NP 2499, and don't have a decree. So, my decree is to come up with a good decree for me to have had.
Last edited by ucim on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

thunk

47: In B4 128

Postby thunk » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:18 am UTC

Yes, I'm taking 495. But I have a good sense of direction.

(fittingly, MA-27 is somewhere between the two. It's all RELATED.)

2020/2499 pages read (80.83%)
62.0 dips taken.

I think I ended up with two pages of notes this time--By randall, these pages keep getting more seaish! NP/np rate is now down to about four.

--World Cup coverage is fun! I watched that hotdog. But I have no interest in the tf2 hotdog.
--I have monitor wobble as well. No screw holes. The epoxy idea is a good one.
--Birthyip posts continue--at 1996, I'm close to the last of them (but two yips behind patzer and ergman).
--Hi, sustainabilizer! Hi, Opiboble! Hi, kalira and TieSoul!
--molpy personae: Fun, in moderation. I liked being a yi. Velociraptors are nice as well, if a bit too mainstream.
--The SilentOngs wrap up. Megball make some very very nice insightful comments, then decide to leave their island while sailing west into the distance. They must leave this place, but they'll be in safe hands, living and learning with the Beanies. Nice raftcastles! Nice e**ing! 10/10 would watch again.
--Happy Milleniparty 2k! There is much more to come, that's true.
--morobu: “Like all migratory birds, Link is an expert on weather”...that sounds about right.
--Custard is delicious. Seriously. Yum.
--I stayed in IslONGton when visiting London. While I would usually look askance at airbnb, spending a few nights in an old church was wowterful.
--Sustainabilizer: “Ha! Endlich mal ein Forum, in dem es in Ordnung ist, auf kleinste Details zu achten.” I seem to like these sorts of detailed places.
--Nice "Blitzposting" video by coBalthamin. My approach is not as arduous as yours, thankfully.
--"I've never been very good with bicycles—whoever came up with the idea forgot that some people have tails." Might explain CD's difficulties with getting a driver's license.

Steambottle content:
Spoiler:
--America's healthcare system is fundamentally broken, and it's ridiculous that we can't have single-payer like the rest of the Western world.
--ED: "'ordinary non-exotic woman' seems like an oxymoron." Usually, people don't like to be exoticised/fetishised. GLR and the forumites have explained this to heuri recently.
--Focusing on how autistic children are a burden on their parents erases their experiences (and those of autistic adults) and acts as a justification for those parents who choose to murder said children. As such, I don't like it one bit.
--I need ice cream for Brexit.
Last edited by thunk on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

addams

Postby addams » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:52 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Well, the audition is over.
Spoiler:
It was. I'm afraid, quite m*stardful. There were things I was prepared to play and things I was not prepared to play. They started off with the things I was not prepared to play, and I never even got to play the things I was prepared to play. So, I choked. I suppose at some point I'll be glad I did it?
RIght now I'm drinking a beer and trying not to cry, and also trying to decide if 1) I should practice more or 2) give up percussion forever. :cry:

Reading your awesomeful posts is making me fell less *ndish, as it always does. Gingercat's story makes me want to go and play D&D.

Thanks for being there!
oh, mjb1964 or Laura ...
May we cry with you?

I'll be over here in the corner.
Spoiler:
The one by the basement door.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2355

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:10 am UTC

DISAPPOINTUNGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE WOOLPY IS A LIE

-- posted by oldpixbot

thunk

1190: "Time": I CH*RPING LOVE PASTPAGES

Postby thunk » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:11 am UTC

Good luck June Bug! Hope it goes better the next time around.

Oh, and hi pelrigg. It's interesting actually talking to people I know only from the akashic historical records.

The last few dips have been steambottle for me too. It'll most likely get better.

Raptor caw, raptor sqrrawk
dealing with the Outside
has become, some might say,
quite unmolpish.

Bash brain in, find more bugs,
molpych*rpcueballsmum
Work and wip altoge-
ther more dullish.
troo dat

addams

Postby addams » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:08 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:RIght now I'm drinking a beer and trying not to cry, and also trying to decide if 1) I should practice more or 2) give up percussion forever. :cry:

Reading your awesomeful posts is making me fell less *ndish, as it always does. Gingercat's story makes me want to go and play D&D.

Prediction - seven beers later:
...so then he asks me what I want to do. I know I have nothing prepared for the glass harmonica, so I ask if I've still got a positive for-the-hell-of-it momentum balance. The GM mishears me, and thinks that I said "halibut", so he volunteers that although I'm out of halibut, I've still got a fluke charm in my witcher creel. I decide to give that a try, and I roll a natural 47 for my serendipity check, which is unheard of! So I approach the glass harmonica with confidence, but just as I'm almost there, I hear one of the judges mutter that he's always hated the ch*rping glass harmonica and he just can't wait to reject me and go for lunch. In my deflated distraction I trip on the stage, straight into the glass harmonic which shatters into tiny shards flying as if out of a crystal gatling gun. The GM suggests that I roll for trajectory - and can you believe it - I roll a natural 489.8! The shards fly across the stage in exactly the right pattern to play Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor on a gong that happens to be set up in a gentle spotlight, and simultaneously the fluke rearranges itself into an amazing casserole which drops onto the table in front of the hungry judge. The judge only rolled an F natural for resistance, so not only did I get the gig, but also a week in the Bahamas and a free bambillo pillow set.

You're awesomeful, Laura. This is going to be a look-back-and-laugh story.

yes, of course, she will.

but; ... will I?
Will she ever forgive me?

Laura took Time from Practicing to help me.
Spoiler:
The name Tonya Harding springs to mind.

Dear Laura;(personal/public/personal/public)
Spoiler:
Thank you for helping me.

You gave me the one thing that can not be replaced.
Your Time.

The Time you gave to me,
may have bought you a different Future.

The Time you gave to me,
may have bought me a different Future.

Laura?
I can't laugh, yet.
Can you?

*In Time*

**This Too Will Pass**

*In Time*

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

thunk

1190: "Time": THANKS, RAPTORFELINITY. THAPTORFELINITY.

Postby thunk » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:34 pm UTC

What a slow wipend, huh?
Hope everyone has molpish weather that they are enjoying.

Jose:
IRT: Intermontane Raptorish Transit
BMT: Beanish Molpy Transit
IND: Independent (Megball) Snake System

The IRT uses smaller molpies than the other two, which leads to some incompatibility.
troo dat

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm UTC

thunk wrote:IND: Independent (Megball) Snake System
Snakes on the Train!

Wait a minute - snakes are the train.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Sustainabilizer

Re: 47: In B4 128

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:27 pm UTC

thunk wrote:--Hi, sustainabilizer! Hi, Opiboble! Hi, kalira and TieSoul!

Hi, thunk! Image

thunk wrote:--Sustainabilizer: “Ha! Endlich mal ein Forum, in dem es in Ordnung ist, auf kleinste Details zu achten.” I seem to like these sorts of detailed places.

There aren't so many places where people who like such things meet.
This is one thing which makes the OTT so special.

thunk wrote:
Spoiler:
--I need ice cream for Brexit.
Spoiler:
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

Link

Re: 1190: "Time": THANKS, RAPTORFELINITY. THAPTORFELINITY.

Postby Link » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:09 pm UTC

thunk wrote:
What a slow wipend, huh?
Hope everyone has molpish weather that they are enjoying.

Not me, unfortunately. It keeps alternating between oppressively hot and totally Zanclean. Though I guess I can't complain: just a little bit (~100km or so) to the east of where I am, there were hailstones the size of tennis balls a few dips ago. A single hailstorm caused over €100 million worth of m*stard. :shock: Most greenhouses, carcastles and solar panels in the area were completely CUBAR. Luckily I experienced none of that; just lots of thunderstorms.

Oh well, I have a few more dips in the Basement remaining anyway; I have one last university project to finish and then I get two whole mips of holidips.

thunk

Re: 1190: "Time": THANKS, RAPTORFELINITY. THAPTORFELINITY.

Postby thunk » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:46 pm UTC

Link wrote:Though I guess I can't complain: just a little bit (~100km or so) to the east of where I am, there were hailstones the size of tennis balls a few dips ago. A single hailstorm caused over €100 million worth of m*stard. :shock: Most greenhouses, carcastles and solar panels in the area were completely CUBAR. Luckily I experienced none of that; just lots of thunderstorms.

Oh well, I have a few more dips in the Basement remaining anyway; I have one last university project to finish and then I get two whole mips of holidips.

Yeah, I can imagine. I'm in an area which regularly gets large hailstorms, but so far have not experienced anything too bad in that regard. Hope it stays that way. Good luck on the final project--you'll make it through and soon it'll be molpish!
troo dat

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:02 am UTC

So, the Brexit vote has passed, it would seem.

As an Aussie, I'm unsure of the implications of this, but it's been said that the $AUD will plummet like never before, to ~US$0.60, which will be an utter disaster. (Much like re-electing ANY of our existing politicians would be.)

I'm unsure whether to grab popcorn or a liferaft.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:42 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:...I'm unsure of the implications of [Brexit]...
As I understand it, it's an advisory vote only. The actual ruling bodies could ignore it (though there would be some political fallout). In any case, should Parliament actually begin the process, the EU has two years to prepare the "exit contract", after which GB haggles with them about the terms. When everymolpy's equally miserable, the split happens.

So, for now, nothing happens. But the m*stard has been revealed.

Jose

addams

Postby addams » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:53 am UTC

Has there been a fundamental shift in the English Speaking World?

Gone are the Light Hearted Days of Brian Cox,
one of Britain's best and brightest, contemplating:
"When is a Strawberry, really, dead?"

He is, still, one of his nation's best and brightest.
Why will 'the people' not listen to him?

Is it because he joked too much before Braxit?
They think he is joking now? He is not. Is He?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

thunk

1190: "Time": ET TU, SPARSE?

Postby thunk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:59 am UTC

And moving away from the unmolpishness because there are Otherthreads to discuss it in:

Night fallUNG.

troo dat

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2375

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:10 am UTC

SIDUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:PROTIP: TO CORINNE THE ᓭᘖᔭᓄᐨ, WAIT FOR IT UNTIL IT GOES CAVE

-- posted by oldpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:44 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:So, the Brexit vote has passed, it would seem.

As an Aussie, I'm unsure of the implications of this, but it's been said that the $AUD will plummet like never before, to ~US$0.60, which will be an utter disaster. (Much like re-electing ANY of our existing politicians would be.)

I'm unsure whether to grab popcorn or a liferaft.
I think I'm just going to
Spoiler:
wait for it
and see. I don't think it's going to be Zanclean - mostly just a shake-up of who gets to boss who around. If the ripples reach us, they're likely to lift me as much as they dip you (given that I'm drowning in a seaish sea of debt) so I should buy dinner if we have a meet-up.

Hey taixzo, have you posted yet about how you made the 3D stuff? Maybe I'm behind the times, but it sure seemed like a lot of work to me....
Last edited by ggh on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

thunk

47a: The hard part is getting used to them.

Postby thunk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:52 am UTC

NoMouse, on NP2023 wrote:Decree:
Roundabouts. Or self-driving cars.

Fun fact: The state of CheeselenH has recently become obsessed with roundabouts. See if you can find all the roundabouts in this image:

Spoiler:

Fittingly, the fifth International Conference on Roundabouts will be held in Green Bay from 8 to 10 May next yip.

EDIT: I also didn't realise HES was a traffic engineer! I will love you forever and ever, hamply. *hugs*
I could talk about roads forever and ever. I don't mind DDIs that much--I've driven on a few in Missouri--but I'm also unsure about SPUIs.

H Wisconsin.

rsir:
Spoiler:
roundabouts.jpg
Last edited by thunk on Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:41 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
troo dat

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:24 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:A new song I listened to several times yesterday is Switchfoot's Float: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCmRks9FcrQ
It makes me feel molpish, which is an important function, as I've been feeling unmolpish lately.
Sorry I haven't posted or recorded any Chemo Man lately. I only have one more dose left, which will be on Mondip. I'm a fair amount recovered from last wip's seaish amount of chemo, but I'm still fairly weary.

I'm ketchupped now :D It was neat to see y'all being creative and stuff :D

So, how did it go? What now?

ETA: I'm thinking of editing the dialogue page on the wiki to include the background words in Rosetta's speech. Any objections? I was thinking of adding them parenthetically below the main dialogue, kinda like:
the wiki may someday have wrote:[How many people strong are you?]
("Numerous" crosses "How many strong")

Do you think something like that would be too clunky/cluttered?
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:33 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:As an Aussie, I'm unsure of the implications of this

Chirping mustard. Zanclean levels of endish chirping mustard. More in this thread.

@thunk *hugs*
He/Him/His Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:51 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:Incoming feel-good story! (Long, D&D-based, spoilered for seaishness) :)
[...]
I am absolutely itching to see what happens next week.
So am I, for what it's worth. Looks like you found a good group, and a great GM, to boot. Willingness to improvise, and roll with whatever the players come up with makes for some very fun games :D

June Bug, never give up. If percussion is fun to you (and it sounds like it is), don't let a botched audition stop you. *hugs*

Addams, try not to feel too bad about timpgoddess' gift of time; she gave it of her own free will.

*hugs and ice cream where hugs and ice cream are needed*

Taixzo, add me to those curious about the making of the 3d cityscape.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:34 pm UTC

ggh wrote:I'm thinking of editing the dialogue page on the wiki to include the background words in Rosetta's speech. [...] kinda like:
the wiki may someday have wrote:[How many people strong are you?]
("Numerous" crosses "How many strong")

Do you think something like that would be too clunky/cluttered?
I think that would be like unto a side of beef. Very steakish. Rosetta's stumbles are important context and clues to what she's actually trying to say. But who knows more about clues than you? :)

Jose

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:06 pm UTC

I wonder if there is something clever that can be done with the wikicode to do that. I might have a play later.
He/Him/His Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:58 pm UTC

you could probably play around with divs and transform style properties like the last entry here

Code: Select all

<div style="-webkit-transform: rotate(1deg);-moz-transform: rotate(11deg);-o-transform: rotate(11deg);-ms-transform: rotate(11deg);transform: rotate(1deg);"><a class="external text" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Askew&amp;oldid=713096645">Askew is tilted ever-so-slightly.</a></div>
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2388

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:10 pm UTC

WAVUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by thirds.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SUDDENLY, BAOBABS. THOUSANDS OF THEM!

-- posted by oldpixbot

thunk

1190: "Time": QUOTH THE BAGPUN, "RANDAMMIT."

Postby thunk » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:15 pm UTC

Weepend continues, huh?

Well my dip has been..let's just say "out there".
troo dat

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:20 pm UTC

How so?

thunk

1190: "Time": ¡THIS EPSILONITY IS HOTDOGGING ME!

Postby thunk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:28 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:How so?

Strangely. It's a bit too embarrassing to discuss openly.

(¡I love automome's use of "¡"! Also xe keeps being topical.)
troo dat

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Molpish Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:47 am UTC

Cool story Gingercat!
ggh wrote:That sounds like a great time! I've never played D&D, nor watched it being played, but that amazing description made me feel like I understood what was going on - neat!

If you'd like to have a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPwTthfJFk Temple of the Lava Bears.

Chemo man eps from yesterdip: https://youtu.be/cYKYXFQyoqk Towering https://youtu.be/zAEjqN5p-eA Shiny

Also @ggh -and everyone really
There were some delays yesrerdip, so I had to
Spoiler:
for a while, but it's over now. I had a steambottlish fever last nip, which was expected. I'm glad to be past that. Next is a CT scan and blood test in a few wips, to check that the chemo did what it ought.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:54 am UTC

I've added that to my "Watch Later" list, ED :)

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2410

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:10 pm UTC

SUNGLEHEARTEDLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by taixzo.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MAKE WOWTERFULNESS, NOT SEAISHNESS

-- posted by oldpixbot

ggh

Re: 1190: "Molpish Time"

Postby ggh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:14 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Cool story Gingercat!
ggh wrote:That sounds like a great time! I've never played D&D, nor watched it being played, but that amazing description made me feel like I understood what was going on - neat!

If you'd like to have a watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asPwTthfJFk Temple of the Lava Bears.
Heh - I wasn't sure I'd be into this, but then I couldn't turn it off. Found myself :azuling: when the mace starts talking (and mumbling) in Episode 2.

HES wrote:I wonder if there is something clever that can be done with the wikicode to do that. I might have a play later.
karhell wrote:you could probably play around with divs and transform style properties like the last entry here

Code: Select all

<div style="-webkit-transform: rotate(1deg);-moz-transform: rotate(11deg);-o-transform: rotate(11deg);-ms-transform: rotate(11deg);transform: rotate(1deg);"><a class="external text" href="https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Askew&amp;oldid=713096645">Askew is tilted ever-so-slightly.</a></div>
Treeish! Thanks for looking at this! Should I just go ahead and enter the background words in a boring way, and then you can either do the neato thing to it later, or show me how to do it like you're envisioning it?

There's more I want to say, but I may leave it to a bit later.
Agatha the Awesomeful

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:19 pm UTC

ggh wrote:There's more I want to say, but I may leave it to a bit later.
Owe Noews! TheMinim will be peevified!

Jose

ggh

Postby ggh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:45 pm UTC

Well, one thing is this:
ucim wrote:I think that would be like unto a side of beef. Very steakish. Rosetta's stumbles are important context and clues to what she's actually trying to say. But who knows more about clues than you? :)
I think you're right about the Rosetta's stumbles, but I'm also prone to huge bouts of confirmation bias, so it's hard for me to tell.

Speaking of stumbling though... I have stumbled in my faith. Does the Pope of the Holy Contradiction hear confessions?
Agatha the Awesomeful

balthasar_s

How about some entropy?

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:41 pm UTC

All of the STAFs are built and ready.
Except one.
It doesn't work correctly. After turning off and on again it forgets what time it is.
The RTC IC. How could anyone think that making the IC available in TSSOP10 only and nothing else is an actual good idea?
I don't remember what TSSOP originally means but "TS" must be "terribly small"...
Soldering this IC is problematic.
I managed to damage the tracks under it.
And that's why it didn't work.

I unsoldered the RTC and some elements related to it.
I soldered a redundant one to a smd adapter, like this one.
It this time it didn't work even worse. it stopped counting time at all. I found out that its three legs got connected to each other.
That happens sometimes when soldering such small ICs. But it can be fixed. But not this time. The legs got somehow connected under the IC.
Fixing it would require unsoldering it again. And getting one more adapter since removing the IC would probably damage this one.

So I spent some extra time to fix it and the result is even worse than before.
But at least the three others are working.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:55 pm UTC

I love all of you. You are kind and generous and funny and awesomeful.

Silly addams, karhell is of course exactly right. Time given helped a dear friend* (and did not contain bobcat). Would give again.

I somehow have never seen that Monty Python sketch. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Not having seen every Monty Python sketch is a terrible thing! :)

Hugs and well wishes to ED, and ice cream for everyone!

*And considering her previous avatar, also a deer friend.

Spoiler:
icecream.jpeg
icecream.jpeg (12.58 KiB) Viewed 7557 times

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Eternal Density

Real: 1190: "Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:05 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:I've added that to my "Watch Later" list, ED :)

lmjb1964 wrote:I love all of you. You are kind and generous and funny and awesomeful.

Silly addams, karhell is of course exactly right. Time given helped a dear friend* (and did not contain bobcat). Would give again.

I somehow have never seen that Monty Python sketch. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Not having seen every Monty Python sketch is a terrible thing! :)

Thanks!
I echo the sentiment :D Being kind and generous and funny and awesomeful seems contagious among OTTers.
And I hadn't seen that sketch either. I'll have to have another youtube party and see if I missed any others!
Gingercat wrote:I've added that to my "Watch Later" list, ED :)
Lava Bears, or Chemo man?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Gingercat

Re: Real: 1190: "Time"

Postby Gingercat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:07 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Lava Bears, or Chemo man?

Both!

addams

Postby addams » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:53 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I love all of you. You are kind and generous and funny and awesomeful.

Spoiler:
icecream.jpeg
(sniff-sniff)
You are so kind.
(thank you)

....Monty Python?
What Monty Python?
Spoiler:
I must have slept through it.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:00 am UTC

Page 2500 approaching!

Everyone, HIDE!

The next post will be the beginning of it!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”