1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

macraw83

Re: 1190: "Time": NJ in the 80s. ENAP: 6

Postby macraw83 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:13 pm UTC

Hello january1may! I hope your Blitz continues molpishly!

Awesomeful manips, GnomeAnne! Your group sounds like it has lots of personality.

ggh wrote:Also, fwiw, I looked at Google Maps, and I'm guessing I was about 50-60 meters from the strike - so not super close. A few years I was 300 meters from a strike here, and was too tired to care at all. I don't think the Little Wonder even woke up, but then she slept through the earthquake in November too.
50-60 meters sounds like a short distance to me... about 6-8 months ago (I forget exactly when it was) I was driving when a thunderstorm suddenly erupted around me. I was slowing down to turn onto a side street, and a lightning bolt hit a light pole less than 100m ahead of me and jumped from there to a car driving past it. The car skidded to a stop just off the side of the road, and the transformer on the light pole exploded in a shower of sparks about a half second after it was hit.

Then, on the road I turned on, there was a seaish tree that was hit by lightning and laying across the street, with a nearby electrical box on fire and shooting sparks all over the place. Lightning is terrifyingly powerful.

ETA oops, Pope.

Decree: More stories! Especially scary events moments where you felt scared or worried, preferably where you and yours emerged unscathed.
Last edited by macraw83 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:31 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Enough of this computerong

Postby GnomeAnne » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 pm UTC

Do something, already!

Enough of this computering.

Time to get up and start performing actions!

Is Fantastic Idea's new name a prelude to this year's madness?
(Or has it been like that? I don't pay much attention to the rest of the forum.)
This is my first time experiencing it, how suddenly does it tend to start?
Wait For It.

balthasar_s

Downward movement starts playing

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 pm UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:Is Fantastic Idea's new name a prelude to this year's madness?
I think so.
I was wondering why the madness isn't here yet.
It's time for my wheelephant avatar again.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

SilentTimer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:05 pm UTC

Redundant:
Spoiler:

molpy_pattern.png
molpy_pattern.png (29.39 KiB) Viewed 12146 times
redundancy_pattern.png
redundancy_pattern.png (27.89 KiB) Viewed 12146 times

Future edit:
gnomeanne-smiley.png
gnomeanne-smiley.png (668 Bytes) Viewed 2067 times
rakhal-smiley.png
rakhal-smiley.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 1975 times
Last edited by SilentTimer on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:20 am UTC, edited 3 times in total.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

SPOILER THE CHUPAMOLPIES... WITH YOUR MYSTERYONG

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:43 am UTC

My Randall, y'all have been busy! I have too, but on the Outside. But I see that GnomeAnne is looking very fancy, and we had a visit from wildhound and also from Flado, who bequeathed to me his Transcendental Imaginator title. Greetings to both of you!And I see SilentTimer as well, and january1may, and it's great to see both of them back. And all of you, of course!

Ketchup will have to wait, as I currently have to RUN to get ready to go to Berlin next wip. BTW, there is a mini-OTTerCon trying to form while I'm in Germany. So far it's just me and Sustainabilizer, and hopefully balthasar. If any other OTTers are nearby and are free 30 March-2 AprilH, let me know!

I had promised pictures of my woodworking project. At long last, here they are.

What I started with (well, it was a complete table that my neighbor sawed in half for me):

What I ended up with:

Here are some steps along the way:
Spoiler:

I used a Kreg pocket hole jig to make the pocket holes. Those are holding the bottom shelf on as well. There are adjustable shelves in the cabinets, and I made my own jig by drilling evenly-spaced holes in a piece of wood to use as a guide.

I was sort of making it up as I went along. I knew the size I wanted it to be and found a table that was the right length. I had decided to start with a table so that it would (wood?) be structurally sound, at least. :) Starting with that table defined a lot of the dimensions and materials for me. Then I found that wine rack, which made me change my plan a bit to accommodate it. Then I found the small table to make the doors, and that sealed the deal as far as how big the cabinet openings would be. I used a water-based, low-VOC varnish.

I swore A LOT when making this. There may also have been a breakdown or five.

Spoiler:
Redundant:
20161218_131712.jpg

20170210_173906.jpg

20161230_155237.jpg

20161230_161420.jpg

20170120_112657.jpg

20170129_161942.jpg

20170131_185510.jpg

20170205_225035.jpg

20170211_115737.jpg

20170210_195647.jpg

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ggh

Postby ggh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:58 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:
Spoiler:
BSTA wrote:Everything done. Now you can execute your idea.

RSIR
I already got it ready for me.
Baobabs, you built a guillotine and then used the catbox to punsaw yourself?!! Impressively efficient!

GnomeAnne wrote:This was the one where I introduced the characters. I have longish hair.
Ha! Awesomeful!
So, are you the ringleader?

SBN wrote:Regarding lightning. Once we had a middle of the night storm, with a sudden serious and seriously close lightning strike. The three of us that were home then each believed it had hit just outside the room they were in. Personally, my hands and arms went numb and tingly, and stayed that way into the next day.
What was home, in GHWFP's room, was her stuffed animals, including one that was electronic. That one woke up and started talking. So there I am, wakened from a sound sleep, tingly, and hearing strange noises from a room I know to be empty.

I was very surprised the next morning that there was nothing showing visible evidence of a lightning strike.
Holy molpy, that's freaky!
Maybe there was no evidence of a lightning strike because it was actually an alien abduction?

Gingercat wrote:Yeah, infrasound can have some very interesting effects. I wonder if there was some of it present during the storm due to air patterns or similar effects vibrating nearby objects.

You are indeed correct, Torgos is currently looking for a way to redeem himself; he feels that he's fallen rather far (especially with regard to those potions he was brewing while wilfully ignoring their base material's probable source). In the next Chronicles update, I'll provide the info on exactly what he's done so far to go about correcting the balance, and his progress toward this goal thus far.
Waiting for it happily. :)

And that infrasound thing is treeish! Who knows??

macraw83 wrote:I was slowing down to turn onto a side street, and a lightning bolt hit a light pole less than 100m ahead of me and jumped from there to a car driving past it. The car skidded to a stop just off the side of the road, and the transformer on the light pole exploded in a shower of sparks about a half second after it was hit.

Then, on the road I turned on, there was a seaish tree that was hit by lightning and laying across the street, with a nearby electrical box on fire and shooting sparks all over the place. Lightning is terrifyingly powerful.

ETA oops, Pope.

Decree: More stories! Especially scary events, preferably where you and yours emerged unscathed.
Ooh - I'm going to have to think about the decree... I may be out of scary stories.... How about a silly one?

I was bungee jumping with friends off the Auckland Harbour Bridge and after we'd all had a go, they asked if anyone wanted to have a second turn - maybe a backwards fall or something - so I thought, hey, why not? I'm already out here on the platform after all.

They backed me up to the edge, and the fellow started leaning me backwards over the drop, holding me by the harness across my chest. So, I am in no way in control - I'm already at quite an angle, just being held by this dude, looking into his face and following his instructions. He starts the countdown: "3, - 2, OOPS!" I slip from his grasp....

I heard that my expression as I fell away was something to behold. I found out later he had nudged one of my mates just before he hooked me up, "Heheh, check this out...."

(Or has it been like that? I don't pay much attention to the rest of the forum.)
I haven't been around the fora very long, but I thought it was generally first heralded by an announcement that said that it would soon arrive and that if such things bother you, you should maybe take a little time off.

balthasar_s wrote:It's time for my wheelephant avatar again.
Mmm, I keep meaning to watch the Inspektor in another battle, but I never seem to have the Time.

balthasar's Subject wrote:Downward movement starts playing
*eyes balthasar suspiciously*

SilentTimer wrote:Image

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Baobabs - steakish! You certainly do know how to say hello. :)

lmjb1964 wrote:Here are some steps along the way:
Spoiler:

I used a Kreg pocket hole jig to make the pocket holes. Those are holding the bottom shelf on as well. There are adjustable shelves in the cabinets, and I made my own jig by drilling evenly-spaced holes in a piece of wood to use as a guide.

I was sort of making it up as I went along. I knew the size I wanted it to be and found a table that was the right length. I had decided to start with a table so that it would (wood?) be structurally sound, at least. :) Starting with that table defined a lot of the dimensions and materials for me. Then I found that wine rack, which made me change my plan a bit to accommodate it. Then I found the small table to make the doors, and that sealed the deal as far as how big the cabinet openings would be. I used a water-based, low-VOC varnish.

I swore A LOT when making this. There may also have been a breakdown or five.
Beautiful - I can't imagine how stoked he would have been to get that!
And, you're right, the pocket holes are pretty spiffy. :)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:31 pm UTC

Baobabs, Laura Mae! That's really treeish! And not just because it's made of wood!

SBN wrote:Regarding lightning. Once we had a middle of the night storm, with a sudden serious and seriously close lightning strike. The three of us that were home then each believed it had hit just outside the room they were in. Personally, my hands and arms went numb and tingly, and stayed that way into the next day.
What was home, in GHWFP's room, was her stuffed animals, including one that was electronic. That one woke up and started talking. So there I am, wakened from a sound sleep, tingly, and hearing strange noises from a room I know to be empty.

I was very surprised the next morning that there was nothing showing visible evidence of a lightning strike.
Ooh, that reminds me of a storm a few weeks ago, where my coworker was hosting a game night at his house, and the wind blew a large branch out of a tree and took out the power and utility lines to the house. He thought a tree had fallen on the house (spoiler alert: it hadn't) and started freaking out and yelling to get to the other end of the house, and forgot that his son was sleeping in the bedroom he thought was about to collapse :oops:

ggh wrote:Ooh - I'm going to have to think about the decree... I may be out of scary stories.... How about a silly one?

I was bungee jumping with friends off the Auckland Harbour Bridge and after we'd all had a go, they asked if anyone wanted to have a second turn - maybe a backwards fall or something - so I thought, hey, why not? I'm already out here on the platform after all.

They backed me up to the edge, and the fellow started leaning me backwards over the drop, holding me by the harness across my chest. So, I am in no way in control - I'm already at quite an angle, just being held by this dude, looking into his face and following his instructions. He starts the countdown: "3, - 2, OOPS!" I slip from his grasp....

I heard that my expression as I fell away was something to behold. I found out later he had nudged one of my mates just before he hooked me up, "Heheh, check this out...."
I would have been SO angry, at least once I got over the sheer terror of the situation. Also, I'd say that meets the spirit of my decree, and as such I figured out a better way to word it.

ggh wrote:
I haven't been around the fora very long, but I thought it was generally first heralded by an announcement that said that it would soon arrive and that if such things bother you, you should maybe take a little time off.
I think that they usually start messing with minor things for a week or so before they announce the start of The Madness. Nothing serious, usually temporary, and supposedly under the guise of "testing".
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:50 pm UTC

NewOtherComic.

I started a new TFFS this wip, but I'm ketched up now, and I hope to resume regular OTTing soon.

Thanks for the pictures of your flowers, Addams! Now I'm waiting for a picture of your big throne. But luckily we are all well-versed in waiting, aren't we?

karhell wrote:New OtherComic

Is that a sign from GLR himself that it is allowed to pun? Or is he the only one who can get away with it? Maybe I should leave those here, just in case:
Spoiler:
Awesomeful OTThercomics4, SilentTimer!

lmjb1964 wrote:I knew the size I wanted it to be and found a table that was the right length. I had decided to start with a table so that it would (wood?) be structurally sound, at least. :) Starting with that table defined a lot of the dimensions and materials for me. Then I found that wine rack, which made me change my plan a bit to accommodate it. Then I found the small table to make the doors, and that sealed the deal as far as how big the cabinet openings would be.
Spoiler:
B: So you already had it?
TLF: Please tell me what you find.
B: I will.
B: IF I find something.
B: Which I think is unlikely.
B: But it would be nice.
B: Because finding things is a good way of spending time.
TLF: I agree.
Steakish woodworking, lmjb!

RSIR:
Spoiler:
rainbow.jpg
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:56 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:50-60 meters sounds like a short distance to me... about 6-8 months ago (I forget exactly when it was) I was driving when a thunderstorm suddenly erupted around me. I was slowing down to turn onto a side street, and a lightning bolt hit a light pole less than 100m ahead of me and jumped from there to a car driving past it. The car skidded to a stop just off the side of the road, and the transformer on the light pole exploded in a shower of sparks about a half second after it was hit.
Do you know whether the folks in the car were alright?

SilentTimer wrote:Image
Also molpish is when SilentTimer makes treeish OTTifications.

lmjb1964 wrote:Ketchup will have to wait, as I currently have to RUN to get ready to go to Berlin next wip. BTW, there is a mini-OTTerCon trying to form while I'm in Germany. So far it's just me and Sustainabilizer, and hopefully balthasar. If any other OTTers are nearby and are free 30 March-2 AprilH, let me know!

I had promised pictures of my woodworking project. At long last, here they are.
So much steak!
Have fun in Germany.

ggh wrote:Ha! Awesomeful!
So, are you the ringleader?
No, I just got added to the group last week. Slushi is sort of the ringleader, and I found out today he was in my graduating class in high school. I only took a few classes there because I was homeschooled, so we never met.

macraw83 wrote:I would have been SO angry, at least once I got over the sheer terror of the situation
Indeed, that sort of thing is only funny if it happens to someone else.

ZoomanSP wrote:I started a new TFFS this wip, but I'm ketched up now, and I hope to resume regular OTTing soon.
Thanks for the pictures of your flowers, Addams! Now I'm waiting for a picture of your big throne. But luckily we are all well-versed in waiting, aren't we?
oops, forgot this before.
Spoiler:
PART_1488752534676.jpg

And when it blew in the gully
PART_1488752534676.jpg

ETA I removed this later, it didn't really need to be said.
Wait For It.

january1may

Postby january1may » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:25 am UTC

It's already Syzygy.
It's apparently not yet Madness (much).
Even if I only get through a NP or two todip (and it ultimately turned out to be more than that) - how can I miss the opportunity? I don't think I've ever blitzed in Syzygy.

(...As I post this, there are only five shortpix left until Innocencemip of 4 A.T. - in other words, until Timeniversary.)

JFOM Blitz Report 8
Progress: NP17/np59

So here we are on NP11, with the crazy insightful post of Beatrice The Golden (I miscapitalized xer name in the previous report).
And now I actually have an opportunity to do a play-by-play review of that post...

-
First, the numbered list:
1) Well, yes and no. Probably not the way you were imagining it.
2) Yes, but that was pretty much obvious.
3) Definitely yes and no - it does happen, but a lot later, and might not technically count.
4) Well, it was a keyboard, not a raptor, and by then the story already went on for a good deal after 1/IV.

The next point is actually pretty close. The length is correct, the preparation description is essentially correct, the deeper ending is correct, the "few last strips" part is kind of wrong unless you have a really big value for "few" (it's something like 15% of the run, IIRC), but it's a pretty close guess anyway.

The point after that... well there's not much to discuss really. All true. And the last part is basically the OTT in a nutshell.
If there ever was an OTT post that I felt was secretly written by GLR, this is it. And if it's not... whoever wrote it must have been a really good predictor.
-

...Okay, that was a really big distraction. (I don't think I've ever seen a single remotely similarly in-depth analysis of any early OTT post, on any part of the OTT.)
Back to the proper blitz!

Aubron missed a frame, which is heplfully provided to xim. It is noticed that the OTT is becoming quite seaish (though they don't use that word, obviously). And I can think of several different Othercomics that can be described as a "meta-world influenced real-time comic" - perhaps the most obvious one being 1193, posted only a few dips after that discussion.

As we go into NP12, there is a huge discussion about possible endings, inspired by that same insightful post. Nobody seems to have gotten closer than xer so far.

On NP13, the same discussion continues, and someone appears to have noticed that the water level is going up (was it? I don't recall if anyone researched what it was doing so early).

For some reason, everyone is sure that the sea is sea, and the sand is sand, and the sandcastle is a sandcastle. Not sure why.

On NP14, OtherRob apparently says he'd read the entire thread so far. Not sure if that counts as blitzing. It must have been a good deal easier that early - back then the OTT hadn't yet sped up so significantly.

Anyone knows/recalls what was up with the 404-ing image? It's np50, apparently.

Pretty sure that TheMulattoMaker was an active OTTer... but the search said xe hadn't been active since the Reckoning? Oh, right, xe's the "newpix" inventor.
Oh, almost forgot why I even mentioned it - xer post on NP14 includes an early edition of the standard spoiler.

I think dawk (still on NP14) is being sarcastic again, just like Quenty on NP11 (or maybe not, hard to say).

I love goldenegg's escalator story (on NP15).

And, text! In retrospect, I can understand how it could have been interpreted more finalitously (um, not sure if that's a word, but I suspect you probably understood me).

I did mention dtilque's trebuchet from NP16 in my original reports, right? (I probably didn't, I think I skipped through the first two dozen or so NPs without much detail at all.)
Actually, I'm honestly not sure why did so many people guess trebuchets. They don't sound like a particularly obvious thing to guess. Maybe I'm just not thinking about it correctly.

There really are some gaps at the bottom of the new castle in np57. I'm not sure how I didn't notice them earlier - maybe because they were so tiny.

For the record, as far as I can tell, the OTC never had any Godzillas, non-avian (and non-mammalian) raptors, or anything red of either spiderity.

Watched that video mentioned by two_sided_cube. Reminds me a lot of my travels in Kaliningrad Oblast. Really sad ending though :(

And to finish this particular blitz report - I rather like the description of the OTC archives as "cheating in an interesting way".

...And I know you've been waiting for it, so, yet again...

Meta-Title-Text!
(...Does anyone actually do it other than me?)

This time, the first one I got was actually half decent, so I went with it...

Original title text: "If you must know, I'm currently researching how to save this emailed tax form as a regular PDF so I can print and sign it. Our work isn't a lock for the Nobel, but we're in the running."
Meta-title text: "Actually, since there is no Nobel prize for math, a major part of such discoveries are *not* in the running. This one at least can just barely qualify for economics."

(I've actually had some pretty nice discoveries myself - though probably nothing Nobel-worthy. Perhaps most notably, I'm apparently the first known person to successfully assign a finite Erdős number to a scientist from the 18th century.)
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:04 am UTC

Scary True Story:
Scary Cat Story
Spoiler:
I went hiking, alone, up in the Cascade Mountains.
I needed to stretch my legs.

The Trail I was on led uphill through a Douglas Fir Forest.
It led to and across several Lava Flows. Great Views!

For any that have never hiked on Lava;
It can be 'Rough' going.

Some Lava is sharp enough to cut the soles of Boots.

Most Lava is unstable broken rock.
Twisted ankles are very common.

I'd been hiking through dense Forest for two hours or more when I reached a River of Black Rock.
I stepped out into the open and Stopped. The light was so different it got my attention. I looked.

I looked Down the Flow to the road I'd come in on.
And; Beyond it to the River below. I could see Far!

I looked across the Lava Flow to the Forest a half mile across open difficult Rock.
Then I looked uphill. Movement caught my eye. A Cat walked out of the Forest.

That Cat walked out, like I did,
It Stopped, like I did.

It did Not look at the Road and the River, like I did.
That Cat looked directly at Me!! And; Nothing else!

I'm not usually a, "What are You looking at?" kind of person.

But; At that moment, I became one.
I Knew what that Cat was looking at.

Ahh! And! I Knew 'Why!'
I've have seldom been so frightened.

That Cat was Stalking me!
I know, I am the size and shape of its natural prey.
I know, I can not run as fast nor kick as hard as Deer.
I know, once down, I am easier to peel than Deer are.

I was one frightened Hiker.
I've had clases. I know stuff.

I did Not run.
I turned on my heels and went back into cover.

At the edge of a Forest there is a bunch of scrub that grows encouraged by the light.
I made it into the scrub. Then I went 'Off Trail'. Straight Down toward the road and cars.

We are told to make make ourselves look larger with Hats and open Jackets.
We are told to make Noise. I could Not make myself make a sound, at first.

This is 'Why!' we should carry a whistle.
Breathing will make noise with a whistle.

A Harmonia is better!
A Harmonia can made a God Awful noise!

I Stomped. I hit my arms into bushes.
I tried to break anything I could step on.

I did manage some dumb Song before I got to the road.
The Cat did Not come after me. I'd have had No chance.

Once I got to the car, I calmed myself down and looked around.
My Hiking day had been cut short. I had Time to kill. (shrug)

The parking area had been made by a bulldozer pushing up a berm.
The berm was 8 to 12 feet high. I went up there and looked around.

There were Cat Beds up there.
Do you know How Cougar hunt?

The Cat gets hungry.
It's Lazy. It's a Cat.

When hungry, it lays down, beside a trail.
Usually with its head in shade and its body in sunlight.

It soaks up a few Rays and takes a Nap; ...Waiting. Sleeping and Waiting.
When an animal or group of animals walks by, the Cat wakes and follows.

Well;..This Cat had been sleeping up on the berm.
It was waiting for me to get out on the open Lava.

There it would have had a clear view of me,
Even if, I'd been a Deer, it would have had an advantage out on the Lava.

I sat up on the berm an listened.

When a car with multiple hikers and Dogs came in;
They made a bunch of Noise.
Slamming doors and talking.

When a single Hiker came in;
There is a unique sound to it.

One door opens and shuts.
Another door, same thing,
Then; Crunch, crunch on gravel.

Those Cats preferentially hunt single Hikers.
The Rangers had told me so. I Believe Them!

Posters; Don't hike in the Pacific NorthWest, alone.
Take other people or a small pack of Dogs with you.

I learned my lesson!
It was very scary.

Oh! A large, healthy Cougar was spotted walking down the yellow line of The Road between my Box and Town.
One of the men that saw it was So impressed with the size of its tail. He said it was four feet long and puffy.
Now, it is Your Turn.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Basement Blindpost

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:00 am UTC

Molpy Timeversary!

Greetings from the Outside!
This is just a blindpost for now, but I wanted to drop by a riverish Present Present for all the wowterful OTTers still otting todip.
Can you believe it's been four yips since Time began? Baobabs!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:33 am UTC

!!!
!!!
!!!
BlitzGirl!
Greetings!
Steakish present!
ImageImageImage

I might be a little excited.
Wait For It.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:46 am UTC

Yey!
It was BlitzGirl!!
She has Not forgotten us.

What GnomeAnne did!
Again and Again and Again!

edit: Thank you, GnomeAnne.
For putting photos of The Throne in a Spoiler.

Spoiler:
It Blew into the gully.
Then it was pulled out and sits pretty.

Pretty, but Cold.
It is covered in snow.
Poor Throne.

It's a Hard-Knock Life
for a Throne in The Forest.
I am So! impressed with the WoodWorking Project, lmjb1964.
You are truly an Ambitious, Hard Working and Talented Poster.

The man that received the Gift is a very fortunate man, indeed.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:19 am UTC

Happy Timeversary, everymolpy!

TurnUNG back …
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- Image Where's oldpixbot?

Bllitzgirl! Image Always treeish to meet you!
Thanks for the awesomeful Present Present!
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:55 am UTC

Happy Timaversary everymolpy!

And a special thanks, hug, and welcome back to BlitzGirl! Yeah!
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:49 am UTC

Wow, my first Timiversary that I've been in the present for!. Happy Timiversary everymolpy. Wsh I'd been there for the first one. Such innocence, just sitting there on the beach..

I must go to IKEA today...

--Rakhal Stormwarden

thunk

Postby thunk » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:57 am UTC

Happy new yip everymolpy.

We rebegin again.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:58 am UTC

Cue contemplatUNG:

I have come to the conclusion that the basement is highly overrated. Sure, there are small candies and comfy chairs and an army of aimless molpies who have taken to growing bonsaibaobabs on every available surface, but I miss the Present and the OTT and all you xuys. I thought for a bit that I might go all the way back and do a trueblitz, start at the beginning of the thread and post only from the past, but it didn't take a molpy knocking me on the head with a treepot (okay, maybe it did) to realize that I would miss the interactions with the Now too much. Plus, I don't have the opportunity to Wait as much as I used to, so it would take a span of Time greater than the sea (which is big) for me to ever finish a full OTT blitz.

After such waffling, to blitz or not to blitz, I decided to compromise and do some schizoblitzing. That way I can talk to everymolpy Present while still getting a refresher course on the Past (and hopefully picking up some ketchup packets on the trip). I don't know if I'll make it all the way through the thread again, but at least I'll have plenty of OTTish friends to talk to Now!
So. Hi! Image
Thanks for the greetings, GnomeAnne, addams, SilentTimer, and Sciscitor!
How are y'all doing on this fine Timeversary?

Image Schizoblitz Report 1 .Image

Newpage 5/2572

Spoiler:
I still think the second post of the OTT is my favorite of that very very early era, when protoOTTers had no clue what was happening. There's also an interesting aside about seeing a sunrise/sunset on that first newpage, which is amusing considering we eventually did get to see a sunset/sunrise in Time.

Thank you arotenbe for saving the very first newpix - though the direct image link may be lost for all Time, at least we have that copy. Hm. One of these yips we must try and cajole the address of that image from GLR - how, I have no idea, and that's probably low priority compared to the sea of other questions we have about Time, but it is steambottlish not to have that link.

It's rather fun to see all the estimates as to how long Time will last. Five frames, a dip, a wip, six mips, etc. The first comments about nerdsniping, going insane staring at a newpix, and wanting a flipbook of Time emerge.

QuOTTations

Somehow, I feel that this is the strongest xkcd yet. It's in my head.
-Luggage, NP 1

Imagine how long this could feasibly go on for. As someone on explainxkcd pointed out, 5 years from now, there very well could be a tree growing there.
-Levi Dettwyler, NP 2

No tree yet. Maybe next yip. *waits for it*

Redundant:
Spoiler:

lightning.gif
lightning.gif (2.64 KiB) Viewed 10076 times

bar001.png
bar001.png (237 Bytes) Viewed 10076 times

redundant287.png
redundant287.png (75.22 KiB) Viewed 10076 times
Edits to remove rONG keywords that came with the redundakitty and number schizoblitzreport.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon May 01, 2017 10:05 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 am UTC

Molpish Timeversary!

I don't currently have a good story, well, except. The other day we (GHWFP, me, GHW) were um, exposed to gamma radiation, attacked by dinosaurs and aliens, and a few other things. We escaped unharmed, except for much tiredness.

Not a great story, but a great day at the movie studio-based theme parks.
GHW was not generally participating in the being attacked part, though there was an escaped toddler that almost trampled him. He did very much enjoy riding on Cat in the Hat. (He's actually allowed on several of the rides, but most of them it would not be enjoyable for him, so we trade off.)

Regarding cougars, I'd heard you shouldn't turn your back on them, but to back into cover. And while bringing dogs along might help for cougar attack prevention, when GHWFP took GHW to Yellowstone the Rangers there told her that if they encountered bears, they would certainly attack because of GHW.

Oh here's a story. When the kids were little, they were sometimes at a babysitter who lived on a farm, with countryside around. At that same time, bears and cougars had been seen in the area. So naturally, we gave the kids instructions - for cougars, be loud and big, for bears, play dead.

We had them practice.

I'm quite sure the bears would have been impressed by their dramatic death scenes.

(Note, the play dead advice is not what is given regarding bears today.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Quantized

Postby Quantized » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:18 pm UTC

Happy Timeversary! An honour to meet (?) you, Blitzgirl!

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:25 pm UTC

Hey I missed those kitties! And that one looks suspiciously like my furball. I must ask him if he's moonlighting as a redundakitty...

And welcome back!. I have this strange urge to head to the beach and build sandcastles...

--Rakhal

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:57 pm UTC

*clomps up stairs from basement*

Oh hi. Image Did I hear something about a Timeiversary?

Happy Timeiversary, everymolpy!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np1260

Postby mscha » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:00 pm UTC

RONGMAN...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ggh.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I CH*RPING LOVE ᓭᘖᔭᓄᐨ

-- posted by randompixbot

addams

Postby addams » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:35 pm UTC

...BlitzGirl is Back!
BlitzGirl is Back...!

What a wonderful Timeiversary Gift!
(Sits and Ponders...,)
(What a Wonderful World it can be...)

Earthling on Mars!
Earthling on Mars returns to grace us, also!!

(Yes! What a wonderful world...)
(A World Filled with OTTers!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3yCcXgbKrE
Happy Timeiversary EveryOTTerPoster!

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:52 pm UTC

Happy Timeiversary, everymolpy!

Baobabs! I've been out all day, and passed out almost immediately at home, and look at all the ketchup there is to do! Yippee! And look at all the OTTers I haven't seen for a while saying Hi! And ooh ooh, look! a Present Present! And it's wingish!

I've got a bit of sleeping to do so I can attack Day 2 of Cuba Dupa tomorrow with the Little Wonder, but in the meantime, if no one else has reposted it, which they might have because I haven't ketched up yet, here's the link to:
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

GnomeAnne

Molpish Timeiversary, everyone!

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:01 pm UTC

Turn off computers

Computers off.

Ready to go?
Is that a male ground pin on the power strip?
ETA:
Aaeriele wrote:*looks at longest thread ever*

*looks at impending Mod Madness announcement*

*looks back at thread*

*goes to make an extra-large bowl of popcorn*
Wait For It.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:49 pm UTC

Happy Timiversary, everymolpy!

Hey, it's a BlitzGirl! Welcome forward!

And Earthling on Mars and Scisitor as well! Hi!

That is a treeish throne, Addams! But what is with all the hoses on the picture with the throne in the gully?
Spoiler:
addams wrote:Scary True Story:
Scary Cat Story
Spoiler:
I went hiking, alone, up in the Cascade Mountains.
I needed to stretch my legs.

The Trail I was on led uphill through a Douglas Fir Forest.
It led to and across several Lava Flows. Great Views!

For any that have never hiked on Lava;
It can be 'Rough' going.

Some Lava is sharp enough to cut the soles of Boots.

Most Lava is unstable broken rock.
Twisted ankles are very common.

I'd been hiking through dense Forest for two hours or more when I reached a River of Black Rock.
I stepped out into the open and Stopped. The light was so different it got my attention. I looked.

I looked Down the Flow to the road I'd come in on.
And; Beyond it to the River below. I could see Far!

I looked across the Lava Flow to the Forest a half mile across open difficult Rock.
Then I looked uphill. Movement caught my eye. A Cat walked out of the Forest.

That Cat walked out, like I did,
It Stopped, like I did.

It did Not look at the Road and the River, like I did.
That Cat looked directly at Me!! And; Nothing else!

I'm not usually a, "What are You looking at?" kind of person.

But; At that moment, I became one.
I Knew what that Cat was looking at.

Ahh! And! I Knew 'Why!'
I've have seldom been so frightened.

That Cat was Stalking me!
I know, I am the size and shape of its natural prey.
I know, I can not run as fast nor kick as hard as Deer.
I know, once down, I am easier to peel than Deer are.

I was one frightened Hiker.
I've had clases. I know stuff.

I did Not run.
I turned on my heels and went back into cover.

At the edge of a Forest there is a bunch of scrub that grows encouraged by the light.
I made it into the scrub. Then I went 'Off Trail'. Straight Down toward the road and cars.

We are told to make make ourselves look larger with Hats and open Jackets.
We are told to make Noise. I could Not make myself make a sound, at first.

This is 'Why!' we should carry a whistle.
Breathing will make noise with a whistle.

A Harmonia is better!
A Harmonia can made a God Awful noise!

I Stomped. I hit my arms into bushes.
I tried to break anything I could step on.

I did manage some dumb Song before I got to the road.
The Cat did Not come after me. I'd have had No chance.

Once I got to the car, I calmed myself down and looked around.
My Hiking day had been cut short. I had Time to kill. (shrug)

The parking area had been made by a bulldozer pushing up a berm.
The berm was 8 to 12 feet high. I went up there and looked around.

There were Cat Beds up there.
Do you know How Cougar hunt?

The Cat gets hungry.
It's Lazy. It's a Cat.

When hungry, it lays down, beside a trail.
Usually with its head in shade and its body in sunlight.

It soaks up a few Rays and takes a Nap; ...Waiting. Sleeping and Waiting.
When an animal or group of animals walks by, the Cat wakes and follows.

Well;..This Cat had been sleeping up on the berm.
It was waiting for me to get out on the open Lava.

There it would have had a clear view of me,
Even if, I'd been a Deer, it would have had an advantage out on the Lava.

I sat up on the berm an listened.

When a car with multiple hikers and Dogs came in;
They made a bunch of Noise.
Slamming doors and talking.

When a single Hiker came in;
There is a unique sound to it.

One door opens and shuts.
Another door, same thing,
Then; Crunch, crunch on gravel.

Those Cats preferentially hunt single Hikers.
The Rangers had told me so. I Believe Them!

Posters; Don't hike in the Pacific NorthWest, alone.
Take other people or a small pack of Dogs with you.

I learned my lesson!
It was very scary.

Oh! A large, healthy Cougar was spotted walking down the yellow line of The Road between my Box and Town.
One of the men that saw it was So impressed with the size of its tail. He said it was four feet long and puffy.

GnomeAnne wrote:Is that a male ground pin on the power strip in my pants?

FTFY

RSIR:
Spoiler:
Throne.jpg

Lucky.png
Lucky.png (3.55 KiB) Viewed 9768 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Link

1190: "Time": SAVE THE JAVASCRIPT, SAVE THE WORLD

Postby Link » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:12 pm UTC

Molpy Timiversary!

Yay, @BlitzGirl, you're back! Welcome forward! How have you been?

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:12 pm UTC

Rakhal wrote:Wow, my first Timiversary that I've been in the present for!. Happy Timiversary everymolpy. Wsh I'd been there for the first one. Such innocence, just sitting there on the beach..

I must go to IKEA today...

--Rakhal Stormwarden

Need to pick up some flags? Or sandcastle building supplies? :)

Thanks for the comments on my project, everymolpy. It was a pain, but I am glad I did it.

And, BLITZGIRL!!! Image

Molpy Timeiversary, everyone!! Image

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:03 pm UTC

SilentTimer wrote:
Spoiler:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

molpy_pattern.pngredundancy_pattern.png

Yay, it seems like a long while since we had any OTTercomics :D
lmjb1964 wrote:I had promised pictures of my woodworking project. At long last, here they are.

Ooh very *ahem* tree-ish. I love woodworking but wish I had a proper workshop with power tools instead of a bunch of hand tools and no real place to work... You can't beat wood! Goooorrrn.
BlitzGirl wrote:
Molpy Timeversary!
Spoiler:

Greetings from the Outside!
This is just a blindpost for now, but I wanted to drop by a riverish Present Present for all the wowterful OTTers still otting todip.
Can you believe it's been four yips since Time began? Baobabs!

Yayy! Glad to see despite your basementation you still have the Time to make us treeish present presents :D
BlitzGirl wrote:I have come to the conclusion that the basement is highly overrated.

This is true. And what a pleasant surprise that I spoke too soon about basementation! Welcome very much forward! Last time you were here I was the one in the basement so it's been a while *waves* :)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mscha

Postby mscha » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:26 pm UTC

Happy Timeversary, everymolpy!

Who nailed the basement door shut? It took me forever to get out! I'll try to stick around for a bit.
Did I miss anything? 8-)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:31 pm UTC

Let us not forget that as well as the Timeiversary it is also the birthdip of our resident hamply!

Hamply birthdip HES!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:07 pm UTC

Oh yes! Hamply birthdip! Image
Look at all the people molpying up for the Timeversary! Hi Rakhal, Zooman, Link, June Bug, yappo, mscha, and anybody else I missed... it's awesomeful to see you all. I don't know who has been active lately and who's been basemented like me (an unfortunate side effect of the basement) so I'm just going to be seaishly excited to see everyone! Nice to meet you too, Quantized!

Thanks for the link to mrob's replay viewer, ggh. One of the best ways to temporally re-experience the OTC. I'm looking forward to keeping that tab open for a very long Time.

Impending Madness has been on my mind. The lack of announcement so far makes it seem late to me, but I think I might be basing that feeling off of last yip's Madness, which was exceptionally early and ended before the Timeversary. Historically I think Madnessen have happened around (heretical dates incoming) April Fool's Dip. A quick scan of the wiki provides these dates for the Madnessen since the OTC began:

Code: Select all

Announced        Commenced        Finally **ded

not in OTW       2013-03-29       2013-04-02
not in OTW       2014-03-29       2014-04-01
2015-03-25       2015-04-05       2015-04-08
2016-03-09       2016-03-18       2016-03-23

So maybe it's just coming a bit later this Time around.

mscha wrote:Who nailed the basement door shut? It took me forever to get out!

It may have been the molpies. I allowed them to go to the home improvement store to retrieve baobab-growing supplies. Probably not the wisest decision. But I've heard you can buy stronger hoses there.

AUTOMOME wrote:I CH*RPING LOVE ᓭᘖᔭᓄᐨ

Me too, AUTOMOME. At least in reasonable amounts.

And a sandcastlUNG:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:09 pm UTC

Happy Timeversary Everymolpy !
And so many returns from the basement ! Welcome forward, the whole lot of you ! :D
Also, hamply Birthxip, HES !
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

addams

Postby addams » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:25 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Happy Timiversary, everymolpy!

Hey, it's a BlitzGirl! Welcome forward!

And Earthling on Mars and Scisitor as well! Hi!

That is a treeish throne, Addams! But what is with all the hoses on the picture with the throne in the gully?
Spoiler:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
Throne.jpg
Lucky.png
[/quote]
(Oops. A little Mustard there.)
(A quote hanging out in space, like a Robinson.)

Answer from Addams: The hoses?
umm...The purple one is a hose that takes water from the One hose bib in the garden to the GreenHouse.
I was attempting to disguise it in a haphazard DriftWood Fence. Purple does not blend well. ...I try.

Chattering On:
Spoiler:
The yellow is not a hose.
It is a RopeLight.

It is Pretty, at night, when properly placed.
In the Long Dark Winter Nights it expands the visual field of view.

But, but,..umm..There had been a Storm!

Nothing was where it belonged.
Some things were, just, Gone.

The poor Throne was nearly UpSide Down in the Gully.
The Hose was pulled up from under the DriftWood.

The RopeLights lay with no Rhyme nor Reason to their placement.
The Gate had pulled loose from its latch. A Steel Wheel held it.

There were Trees blocking the road leading In and Out.
Large branches were broken and laying where they fell.

Getting that Throne back Up was a difficult project.
My neighbor's wench on his Quad-Mobile was needed.

Six Big men might Not have been able to lift it.
ZooMan; does the photo make more sense, now?

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mrob27

1190: "Time": NO CENTIMOLPIES WERE HARMED IN THE MAKING OF THIS MEME.

Postby mrob27 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:44 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Where have I heard that? ……. … it — just got …..? So I guess you found the song :D

Ummm… so, has anyone found the song OTTification in Q04B yet? It's been over 3 years since the Grammys featuring the song upon which it was based, and getting near 3 yips since Q04B… and I still haven't heard a pip out of anyone. Hint: did anyone notice the Javascript?

balthasar_s wrote:The bOTTeriada is slowing down. the post rate should be adjusted to not make posts with just a few lines. But this time it will happen automatically. mrImagebdexbot will be allowed to post only if a large enough number of bytes is collected.

Thank you, that is much appreciated. I'm busy with classes again, so the next chapter will take a while. It's good to know the bots are adapting to real-time conditions.

Gingercat wrote:I've caught right up, and am interested in seeing what happens next.

I'm glad you like it! Image As a reminder, the link "mr*bdex story" always points to a page that has all the text, including new lines of text that have reached the Moonbase but have not yet been transmitted back down to us in the OTT.

GnomeAnne wrote:This. Because it's awefulsome.
mrob27 wrote: M-Rob communicates characteristically, / … sending occasional Capsules in Time […]

Oh yes, that brings back memories. I sang it a lot, with extra repetitions at the end of each verse like in the (Gilbert & Sullivan) original, just to make sure everything scans right. I'm glad you found it molpish. (Another is in your afterwhen (our aforewhen)…)

@january1may, thanks for the warning/reminder that the cheesegraters instant coffee thingth Why change words beside other words batter will apply to us too. Anyone archiving copies of HTML might wish to keep this in mind. I think I'll just let @nopixbot go on as xe would normally, and we'll see how much (if anything) shows up in the mr*bdex. I can re-download the more recent pages again after it's over.
 For reference, or just for fun, word mappings of the past are available on mrphlip.com.

ggh wrote: […] if no one else has reposted it, which they might have because I haven't ketched up yet, here's the link to

Oh my, it's that Time again. Wonderfulous! Thanks for linking, @ggh!

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:04 pm UTC

This NP makes me feel so molpish inside!
(But I still can't get a chance to ketchup - I gotta follow the wrong commandment. Hopefully later tonight.)

Just want to give you xuys a hug! :)
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:59 am UTC

LovUNG this newpix:

(I may have written this post super-quickly to submit it right before the next UNG. I felt like a ninja, but in reverse. What is that, an ajnin?)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:43 am UTC

addams wrote:(deep breath...)Here Goes!
What cute boots! And I can see the fuzzy texture in the petunias! I think if I were a petunia in your garden, I'd also be a not-annual annual.

HES wrote:[spoilered middle "image"]
It's not an image; it's a link to the OTTscars post that contains the image, disguised as an image.

SilentTimer wrote:When a pixel appears and the O T T cheers, that's a molpy!"
*** cheers! ***

ggh wrote:Ooh - a gnoble quest indeed!
I'd pull out the punsaw except for the fact that you probably use linux, and stray gs are nothing gnu to you. And also because whenever I pull it out, I have to use it on myself.

ggh wrote:I'm not crazy about stories being in code boxes
I'm not crazy about code boxes in general, except for long pieces stuff that needs constant-width to work. Even short bits of code are often better noncodeboxed.

GnomeAnne wrote:I think it is done to save space without using a spoiler, since some people have complained about losing their place.
Well, there is that. The real fix is having the hide button duplicated at the top and bottom. Alas, nothing we can do about that.

There is however a script somebody (here I think) made that fixes the spoiler jump issue.

And I love the Gnomified comix. And their execution. :)

For decree: Not much of a story, but driving down a California freeway I once saw lightning hit a tower or antenna of some sort on a hill out by the horizon. The tower glowed for a second or so afterwards as if an old-time Star Trek phaser beam had hit it. That was pretty cool (except for nearby folk, I presume).

I have a turtle story though - alas it's a "missed by that much one from an imaging POV. I was woken up in the morning by thumping and banging noises outside; when I went to investigate from a nearby window, I found it was caused by a snapping turtle in our swimming pool... using the ladder to get out. I went to get my camera, but in the second or so I took adjusting the settings, the turtle finished its egress, and when I clicked the shutter, it was already out. Imagine being beaten to the punch by a turtle. It took the next hour or so to crawl to the ravine that leads to the wetlands behind us.

And one other storm story comes to mind. Not that it's much of a story; I was on my way to go flying out of Teterboro (NJ) and I was about to cross the George Washington Bridge (which is different from the nearby Washington Bridge) to get there. Clear skies, and I drive at highway speed through the tunnel under the line of four buildings, can't be more than a kilocue, emerging in a rainstorm.

Where the ch*rp did that come from?

It was pretty localized; by the time I got to the airport it was clear all around. Weather is funny.

ggh wrote:Addams, this flew right over my head:
When an eagle carrying donuts flies over your head, listen closely for a buzzing sound. If you hear it, follow the Other Commandment - there will be no time for a picture. :)

lmjb1964 wrote:I had promised pictures of my woodworking project. At long last, here they are.
Steakish and awesomeful!

macraw83 wrote:And not just because it's made of wood!
Are you saying... she's... a witch?

january1may wrote:JFOM Blitz Report 6 [...]
JFOM Blitz Report 8
Progress: NP17/np59
Steakish - interesting to go back in such detail to things that have happened four yips ago.

BlitzGirl wrote:Molpy Timeversary!
BlitzGirl... Hmmmm.... why is that name so familiar? And where did that kitten come from? (And that one?) Something very ott is happening here. Like something is realigning itself with something else.

I'm hearing noises downstairs... somebody's banging on that door that I haven't been able to get open for mipz. Do I dare open it? Maybe, but it could be a keyboard - you never know when you're going to get Lucky. Perhaps I should listen more closely.

Uh oh... I'm hearing a buzzing sound. No, maybe it's just my imagination, running away with me. Still.... "BlitzGirl".... that sounds soooo familiar.
Spoiler:
Yay! Yippee!
Yippee! Yay!
And with that, I'll post this to wish everymolpy a Happy Timeversary, and a Most High And Holy Celebration Of The Dawn Of Time.

More to come - you know what to do.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”