1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:56 am UTC

ucim wrote:I'd pull out the punsaw except for the fact that you probably use linux, and stray gs are nothing gnu to you. And also because whenever I pull it out, I have to use it on myself.
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:Molpy Timeversary!
BlitzGirl... Hmmmm.... why is that name so familiar? And where did that kitten come from? (And that one?) Something very ott is happening here. Like something is realigning itself with something else.

I'm hearing noises downstairs... somebody's banging on that door that I haven't been able to get open for mipz. Do I dare open it? Maybe, but it could be a keyboard - you never know when you're going to get Lucky. Perhaps I should listen more closely.
Uh oh... I'm hearing a buzzing sound. No, maybe it's just my imagination, running away with me. Still.... "BlitzGirl".... that sounds soooo familiar.

VITSSÅGEN, JA!

It figures that Jose would be the first OTTer I see punning when I molpy out of the basement...

Hey balthastoryteller (or others), do you happen to have a link to that awesomeful attachment-module script? I seem to have lost mine in the basement and it's very helpful for adding redundakitties and such.

Laterbye UNG:

Image Schizoblitz Report 2 .Image

Newpage 10/2572

Spoiler:
Is the Book of Aubron gone forever? The earliest links aren't working anymore. I should probably blitz the OTW while I'm at it because I've forgotten a lot in the basement.

It's epsilon to read these early newpages where people refer to the action happening in various newpix but don't post them into the OTT... running commentary without the subject present for the blitzer. And there are a lot of mayfly (awebeesnake?) posters who leave a single comment and disappear. However, in this stretch I'm starting to see people digging in for the long haul, though this batch doesn't have a name yet. ProtoOTTers, or even protoTimewaiters at this point, are beginning to truly Wait for it.

dbh937 wrote:I think that when the comic is complete the alt-text will change to something more meaningful that might give us a clue to what the whole thing meant.

Nope. It's just endish.
But I appreciate that it leaves us to make up our own meanings and/or renegade forum communities. As you do.

Much talk about the comic being "geekproof" and "uncheatable", and references to #1110 of course. Many keep trying to connect the two comics. Speculation pingpongs between the people who think the comic means something terrible has happened / is happening / will happen and the people who think that nothing of the sort is going on. There is also a bit of wondering whether GLR is drawing the frames live, in response to reactions he is seeing online. Holy ch*rp that would have been a sea of work. I highly doubt we would have gotten four mips of that.

QuOTTations

I bet Randall does this so he can read this thread and chuckle to himself.
-Annihilist, NP 5

Sure, if enough time passes, people/universes will disappear, and maybe that will happen here, but time will pass first and it will be lovely, poignant, funny, surprising, tedious etc. rather than morbid. Time!
-Angelastic, NP 6

...the water body in the far right reminds me of the first xkcd comic "barrel" about floating next to an unknown destination.
-Forbidden 403, NP 6

Redundant:
Spoiler:

bar002.png
bar002.png (252 Bytes) Viewed 11908 times

redundant288.png
redundant288.png (168.11 KiB) Viewed 11908 times
Edit: Oh help, I've already gone and momed myself...

Optional decree:
Continue to celebrate the rebeginning of Time!

Edit 2 to number schizoblitzreport.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon May 01, 2017 10:04 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:20 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Hey balthastoryteller (or others), do you happen to have a link to that awesomeful attachment-module script? I seem to have lost mine in the basement and it's very helpful for adding redundakitties and such.
Here http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/script/. But after the fomums' phpBB software was updated the script doesn't work any more.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:24 am UTC

Ah, the innocence of these early frames. Has the sea even raised one pixel yet? And not even one trip to IKEA so far.

Even as we speak the events of t-1 are taking place to the east. Poor beanies!

I do not know how to UNG yet...

--Rakhal

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:42 am UTC

I'm probably doing it wrUNG, but here's what I do:
  • Go to mrob's replay and click LIVE, just in case.
  • Copy the hash below the frame and put it in image tags in your post. Delete the extra space after the .png that you probably accidentally copied too.
  • Right-click the M# link and Copy Link Address. Nest your image in URL tags and add =<copied link>

Ha - I'm a dork. Don't do that. Maybe do this:
  • Go to mrob's replay and click LIVE, just in case.
  • Follow the M# link to mscha's site.
  • Click on one of the Embed using BBCode options - prolly the third or fourth one - under the image.
  • Copy and paste the generated BBCode into your post.

ETA: I just realised (or re-realised) that you can also get the current newpix directly from mscha's site by clicking UNG.

ETA2: While we're talking about posting frames, here's what to do to post a BSTA.
  • Goto the latest BSTA frame and click on BB.
  • Copy everything inside the quote tags and paste into your post

Currently Time updates 84x as frequently as BSTA, so you might have more opportunities UNGing than ONGing.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Eternal Density

Re: turned

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:19 am UTC

Ahhh, six pages to ketchup!

Here's my updated log:

Code: Select all

Camp Log

#Sunday

We left about on time.  I rode with Dad in the camper and we discussed business stuff.  Our first stop was a nearby small down we'd never been to before.  We ate a snack at a very large picnic table and chatted with some nomadic retirees.  I drove the van next and StormAngel drove the camper with Dad.  The destination was a place with a seaish cave (through which flows a riverish river), where we ate lunch - bread rolls with chicken, cheese, and salad.  After we ate we walked to and through the cave.  It was a lovely walk with a great view.  In addition to the cave we also saw a large archway and a suspension bridge which some of us crossed.

We left the cave place right before 4pm.  It was my second driving stint.  To get there we'd come down two kilometres of road which winds down a hillside that's steep enough that it only has a single lane, so I got the dubious honour of driving back up that.  Happily, no one else attempted to arrive while we were leaving, and the drive was uneventful.  My sister took over at a quick halfway stop, about which I don't remember any interesting details.  At about 6, we reached our last destination that day: a free campground in Vittoria State Forest, which has no designated camping sites or any infrastructure at all besides a toilet block.  But it was dry and we found a spot flat enough to put up the tent, which we finished before dark.  After cooking and eating dinner, some of us walked down to the river, where we woke up many ducks.  They were quite noisy flapping around in the reeds.

#Monday

We packed the tent away as quickly as we could, as an attempt to avoid rain.  There was some light rain, but we managed to get all our gear in the van in time, and got the tent away before it was too bad.  When putting up the tent we'd discovered that the elastic in one of the poles was broken, so we needed to buy a replacement.  While it could be temporarily fixed by tying it together, that was by no means a good fix.  Therefore, we visited a camping store in nearby Bathurst.  (We'd gone through Bathurst Sunday afternoon, to fuel up the vehicles.)  They didn't have the elastic, but we did purchase an air pump for air mattresses.  We normally bring an electric pump but certain people forgot it.  The one we bought is a foot powered one, which is still better than having to use lung.  (My air mattress has a built-in pump so that did not affect me.)

I also bought a new clothes bag because my old one is ripping at the seams beside most of the zippers.  Dad had said it would be alright for this one last trip but it's getting worse quickly and the replacement only cost forty bucks.  I haven't transferred my clothes into it yet at the time of writing this part.  I have a lot of bags with me on this trip.  Besides the old and new clothes bags, I have my laptop bag and a backpack of various odds and ends (including my leopad), plus my sleeping bag and air mattress are each in a bag.  Oh and I have a toiletries bag and my crocs are in a plastic bag.  So that's eight bags.

Also while in that town we bought a few groceries at the supermarket, and also selected some snacks from the bakery section.  After that we stopped very briefly at a museum at Hill End with a bunch of rusty old machinery and an old postal service coach, and then ate soft-shell tacos for lunch at Merlin's Lookout overlooking the Golden Quarter Mile.  Yes, there used to be a lot of gold mining there.  On the way back to Hill End from the lookout, we stopped very briefly to take photos in front of the Hill End Hilton, which is an abandoned ramshackle shack, which I suppose someone put a sign in front of as a joke.  Perhaps it was used as a hotel over a hundred years ago?  Who knows.  (Site note: on Sunday Mum rode in the van while others took turns in the camper with Dad, while on Monday Mum stuck with Dad and the five siblings were in the van.)

I drove the leg from the lookout to the next town, Mudgee, passing through a heavy rainstorm.  We fuelled up and stopped at the hardware store in another failed attempt to find elastic cord.  We did buy garbage bags there though.  StormAngel drove the van the rest of the way.  Up until that point the van had followed the camper, which is less powerful, to ensure we stayed together.  However, we decided to send the van ahead without waiting so we'd arrive at the camp site twenty minutes sooner.  Unfortunately StormAngel's GPS suggested we take a different road, which while being slightly shorter had several dirt sections.  The dirt sections were less of a problem than one of the transitions back to sealed road, which had a noticeable step due to erosion.

After leaving Mudgee we'd passed through a couple of thunderstorms.  (There was enough of a sunny gap in between that I'm pretty sure it was two different ones.)  Thankfully we got out of the second shortly before that step in the road, as the heavy rain would have made changing the resultant flat tire quite miserable.  As it was, it was quite pleasant outside, and having five people made it relatively light work.  To my surprise we were able to rearrange a few things and fit the flat tire in the back.  It was rather dirty but the van has an included tire cover which takes care of that problem.  The tire had to go in the back because the spare is mounted underneath the van and is a lot thinner than the normal tire because of space limitations.  That's a good thing because if the spare had been located inside under the floor (as many spare tires are), we would have had to unpack a lot of things to get at it.

It was the left back tire which went down - I think because there's a lot of weight in the back, and because it had already had one or more slow leaks patched.  Because it was the left, and the ground beside the road was soft, we had to leave the van on the road to be able to jack it up.  (Remember, in Australia we drive on the left side of the road.)  That didn't matter at all, since we saw no other vehicles on that road the entire time (the parents did not take that road).  Besides, no one would have been driving especially fast and there was plenty of visibility.  Anyhow, we got the tire changed and drove on.  The spare tire limited our speed to 80kph, though on the bumpy dirt road StormAngel wisely kept to 40.  (Too bad he hadn't gone slower up that fatal bump - as it was he braked rather hard before hitting it.  Oh well, that's all in hindsight now.)

It was dry all the rest of the way.  We briefly stopped at a rest area which had a large sign bearing the planet Uranus, which was part of a huge model of the solar system.  We learned later that our parents' road had taken them past Jupiter.  We even passed the edge of the clouds and saw a fair amount of sunshine and blue sky.  However, we arrived at the camp site (at Warrumbungle National Park)  right after the sun was fully down.  And it being the night after the full moon, that meant it was pretty dark with the moon not intending to show up for a fair while.  That didn't stop us from setting up the tent as we brought plenty of lights.  (Why Americans call them flashlights I'll never understand - it's rather annoying when anyone actually flashes one.  Why do they even have a strobe mode? :P )  After we had everything finished and moved into the right place, then it started raining.  So that was quite conveniently timed :D  A little after that we ate a very late dinner of lamb sausages with vegetables.

#Tuesday

It rained a few more times during the night.  I arose for a latish breakfast around 8ish (not sure which side of 8) though three siblings ate later than me.  We ate in the camper, due to rain.  At about 9 I decided I'd better get around to writing down my log of events, so I've been doing that for the past our or so.  It's been raining most of that time - sometimes light, sometimes heavily - with sporadic thunder nearby.  It's now 10:19 and I feel like eating again.  I'll write more after more things happen.

---

I just read in the tent for a while, while the siblings set up and started a game of Dominion (using cards from the Intrigue and Cornucopia expansions).  After about half an hour (i.e. getting towards 11) I saw a bolt of lightning (quite visible even through the tent fabric) and had a fraction of a second to think 'this one is gonna be really loud!' before the rather loud thunderclap.  A bit later, Mum and StormAngel took the van to the nearest town (Coonabarraban, which Dad and Mum drove through on Monday but the rest of us didn't) to get the tire repaired, so I took his place in the game.  It was pretty fun and I sorta won but sorta not because we figured I accidentally picked up some of our sister's cards, and definitely would not have won without them.  After some more reading we realised it was lunch time and made sandwiches.  Mine had butter, avocado, cucumber, cheese, chicken, and dijonaisse.  I had a honey sandwich after that, and then enjoyed some cloudy apple cordial which I hadn't tasted before but the others had because they took some on their Kosciusco cycling trip back in January.  Anyhow it's really good.  Mum and StormAngel returned a while after that, having packed sandwiches for their own lunch.  After a bit more reading, most of the others went off for a walk to something they decided would be interesting.  I took some pictures of the view from the campsite and then wrote this paragraph.

---

#Wednesday

We (all but Mum) went for a long (a bit over 4 hours) walk in (and up and around and down) the Warrumbungles (or some of them).  Returned in time for a latish lunch.  Lots of great views and photo opportunities, and plenty of exercise  I fell over once.  Spend much of the remainder of the day vegging out.  It was dry and rather warm. Actually, it was too hot in the tent.  Particularly in my part, because opening a flap to let cooler air in also let the sun directly in.

#Thursday

We packed up quickly for our next lot of driving, with me taking the first stage of van driving.  The first brief stop was the Jupiter sign right before Coonabarrabran, where we took some photos.  We'd gone ahead in the van and the camper passed us while we were stopped.  Dad tried visiting the post office in Coonabarrabran but the line was too long.  (The exact same thing had happened in Mudgee on Monday.)  After that we popped around the corner to a mineral museum called the Crystal Kingdom, where we ate kiwi fruit.  Only a few of us went inside.  I hear they had some opalized wood.

Next I drove to Gunnedah, where we fuelled up the camper, and then StormAngel took us to Tamworth, where we fuelled both vehicles and made sandwiches for lunch (also Dad finally was able to do his postoffice thing).  Our sister (she needs a name... how about Cheese?) finished up the driving, first to Armidale (where we bought groceries at ALDI), then the sort distance to the camp site at Dangars Falls.  It has waterfalls.  We set up the tent - taking a brief break to look at the falls - then took a longer walk to some of the waterfall lookouts after dinner (soup).  There was a very light spot of rain.  The camp site is rather bare - much like Sunday's one, but smaller - but that doesn't really matter as we're only here one night.

#Friday

The others had porridge for breakfast but I didn't as I only like porridge when the weather is much colder.  We did some of the packing up, then went for some walks and general enjoyment of the beautiful area.  I took some time to write down the last couple of days' events, and am about to go for a little walk around too.  StormAngel is being lazy in the tent, lying on his completely flat air mattress, which cannot be comfortable.  I'm sitting on the floor of the tent using my packed-away sleeping back as a table for my lapleopard.

---

By the time we left it was nearly 11.  I drove the van ahead of the camper to wait at the end of the dirt road, because otherwise I would have to lag behind the slower camper's dust.  While waiting, the other back tire went flat.  Chirp!  I washed some windows while the others did most of the tire changing.  It wasn't far to Armidale where we tried two tire places.  The second one had time to help us and told us that the tire was too damaged to repair.  Instead they sold us a replacement second hand tire (a good enough to use one left over from someone else who'd replaced all their tires!!).  That was also quicker than repairing the flat.  While that was being done I got around to checking whether our spare elastic would be long enough to replace the broken elastic (from the tent pole mentioned quite a while ago) and decided it was, so I didn't go to by a replacement at a nearby store.

We made several stops at various spectacular waterfalls and also a rainforest, eating lunch at one of the waterfalls.  Eventually we reached the coast and joined the main motorway which took us to Coffs Harbour (StormAngel did that part of the driving.)  It was raining in Coffs when we arrived.  While the parents were paying for our site the rain slowed enough that I decided to take the chance to start setting up the tent.  Molpishly, it stopped completely instead of returning, and we got the tent up alright.  Then it did resume raining, and rained pretty much all night (and it was fairly windy at times, fortunately not constantly).  We spent the evening at my aunt's place and got to bed pretty late.

#Saturday

A good bit of the morning was spent drying things.  My part of the tent leaked the least :D  After lunch (sandwiches and optional soup), some went to see my aunt again and then bought some items at the hardware store to help with the wet.  (There's a puddle at the entrance to the tend and it's a bit soft underneath the front.)  I don't actually know what exactly they bought since I didn't go and I haven't left the tent yet.  There's semi-decent intermittent wifi and I hope to post this before going swimming in the site's pool in a minute.  It's currently a rare non-raining time, though it may not last.  I haven't actually seen the sea (I mean, ocean) yet on this trip but I've been hearing the sound of the surf continually.

---

It let up raining a little as soon as we were ready to leave (that took a while as the logistics of getting everyone and everything in the right place over the sound of a torrential thunderstorm are difficult), but it was torrential again on our arrival not many minutes later.  We had a lot to transfer into the house because 3 siblings are staying over to mind our cousins while their mother (i.e our aunt) is at a work thing.  (That also means only two in the tent which is good because not all of it is as dry as the potential sleepers would prefer. (I never actually said, but my parents are sleeping in the camper, not the tent.  The tent is cramped with 7.  5 is plenty enough during rainy conditions.))

Anyhow, we ordered pizzas and most played Monopoly (I tried in vain to talk them out of using the Free Parking house rule), Mum and I played Dominion (I taught her how to play and we finished in time to leave) and Dad uploaded photos, I think to his book of faces.  Now I'm back in my tent room, having helped dry various bits that I'm not sleeping in.  (That means less work for everyone else in the morning when we will put the tent away.  It's currently not raining, and some of the sky is clear but that doesn't mean it won't start pouring any minute, since it already rained a little since we returned to the camp site.  Molpy down!

---

Forgot to mention, after we finished moving things from the van into the house, I passed an umbrella back to Dad so he could use it to walk back after parking down on the street.  We have plastic tubes in which we put the umbrellas to keep them from getting everything else wet.  I shoved the umbrella into the tube a bit too fast and skinned one of my knuckles.  Oops!

#Sunday

My aunt returned the three siblings who had stayed overnight and we packed up the tent to leave.  Pleasantly, it was sunny rather than rainy.  Once we were done we stopped at a nearby park for a snack before hitting the road.  We drove south from Coffs Harbour and stopped by the roadside for a lunch of sandwiches.  Cheese drove first, and StormAngel second, but only for about half an hour after lunch.  Mum drove the camper for that half hour, giving Dad a break.  During that stretch we crossed quite a few rivers which had become rather seaish due to the recent zanclean rain.  While we were stopped to change drivers, we also ate a McDonald's soft serve ice-cream each.

I drove the rest of the way to the beach house which will be our residence for the rest of the trip.  It belongs to some friends of an aunt and uncle who are also staying there with us, along with yet another aunt and a grandmother (who is the mother of both those aunts, but not the Coffs Harbour aunt who is on the other side of the family).

#Monday

We washed and dried a lot of clothes.  Also dried a lot of other stuff too.

#Tuesday

We put out the tent to dry it properly.  Also we went to the beach and built sandcastles.  There was a light blue jellyfish on the sand.

#Wednesday

I helped with a jigsaw puzzle.  (Technically a Wasgij.  Actually we also did one on Monday but I only put in a handful of pieces.)  After dinner Dad showed a slideshow of some photos he'd taken of the trip.  After that most people watched a movie but I wasn't interested so I didn't.

#Thursday

Some or all of my siblings went to the beach before I got up.  They did that yesterday too.  I might have gone if they'd thought to invite me.  After breakfast, I finally got around to updating my travel log.  I also moved my photos from my phone to my lapleopard and deleted the bad and unnecessary ones.

---

In the afternoon a bunch of us went down to the beach for some fun in the waves.  We didn't do any sandcastling this time.  The waves weren't as energetic as I prefer.  (I had a lot of fun getting dumped on back in January of last year, a few weeks pre-cancer.)  I was also reluctant to go out very far because One Mile Beach does not have any lifesaving service and can have strong currents.  Also there's quite a lot of seaweed.  Still, we had some fun before we had to go and clean up for dinner.

After dinner we watched some old home videos featuring my mum's family in the 60s and 70s.  This included a trip to the Warrumbungles, so we had a chance to see how the region had changed in the past 40 years.  Also I saw a tent which I used when I was young (probably over 20 years ago) being set up for the first time ever (around 20 or so years before that).

#Friday

There was some rain overnight, which meant the swimming costumes we'd left out to dry needed to be put in the dryer again.  Also there was a power outage for a while in the morning.  I'm not sure why, but I don't really care since it didn't impact me meaningfully.  After lunch I went for a long walk on the beach.  Two brothers tagged along.  We climbed the rather large sand dune at the far end of the beach, and saw lots of seaweed and some transparent jellyfish.  Also lots of rocks and pebbles had washed up onto the beach.

My youngest brother brought me a set of my keys which he'd found in the van while we were shuffling thing around in Coffs Harbour.  This seemed odd to me, because I had not brought any keys along.  Then it hit me that they were the keys which I'd lost in early November.  Baobabs!!

---

We completed the third Wasgij in the evening.  I barely helped.  I spent the evening completing (though not finishing) the initial chapter of Mage Stone, so I was able to read it aloud to the family before we went to bed.

#Saturday

Leaving day, which meant we had to clean pretty much the whole house.  The surf looked really good but sadly visiting the beach did not fit our schedule.  We left at about 11 in the morning and reached home just before 7.  There was a lot of unpacking to do, but the first thing we did was to collect produce from the gardens.  Dinner was cheap 2-minute noodles which were leftover from the trip, augmented with freshly picked corn, and followed up by fresh strawberries which we had to rescue from the ants.  I had the chilli flavoured noodles but I didn't like them and didn't eat much.  It's not that I don't like chilli.  I remember having cajun chicken a few months back and it was both painfully spicy and absolutely delicious.

Sadly the wifi is not switched on yet, so sharing this will have to wait.

---

#Sunday

Chores day!  Heaps of clothes to wash and hang out and bring in, which happened to be my job this week.  Also some vacuuming and baking (honey oat cookies by me, chocolate brownies by a brother) and we put the tent up in the garage to get it super dry, plus heaps of other things...

And then I remembered to finish this up and post it and then bed time.

So yeah, we got home yesterday for dinner. It was a pretty molpish trip all told. Though I could have done with a bit less rain and seaweed, a bit more wifi, and a 2 kg hand weight (one of a pair) I took along but never got around to using (for exercise) to not go missing :(

But it was great to see family and rocks and trees and water and I did take a lot of pics which I hope t share soonish. And always I took 50% more clothes than I needed, but you never know which ones you'll want so that's just how it goes :D

ETA
AHHHH BLITZGIRL IS MOME HI BLITZGIRL YOU WERE MISSED!!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

svenman

Postby svenman » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:28 am UTC

ggh wrote:Currently Time updates 84x as frequently as BSTA, so you might have more opportunities UNGing than ONGing.

About that... I just noticed that if you go to the OTC page, the page reloads every few seconds, at least on Firefox and Edge. The displayed epilogue image remains the same, though, except presumably on the full outside hour. No idea when this epsilon behaviour started though, has anyone else noticed anything?
Spoiler:
And this may have been the most on-topic post on this thread in a long while.

ReturnONG to your regularly scheduled OTT fare...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

ETA ketchup:

Steakish OTTercomics, SilentTimer! We haven't had many of these lately...

Baobabish woodworking, Laura Mae! Alas, I'm at the opposite side of Germany to where you will be and won't be able to make it to your mini-OTTercon.

That was really one scary raptorcat story, addams. Good you made it back safely.

And BlitzGirl is back! Welcome forward and good to see you, and steakish present present! And baobabs, you've decided to re-blitz the thread - a quest that is now many times as seaish as on your original legendary one? Randallspeed! But don't put yourself under pressure to live up to the speed your username evokes - I know well from experience that schizoblitzing while also dealing with the demands of the outside is easier to sustain if spread out over a long time. We all know how to follow the first command. So, should we call you SchizoBlitzGirl now?

Randallspeed of course also to all other blitzers such as january1may, whose signposts are always molpish to read. And welcome forward to Earthling on Mars too!

By the way, my own multiple-schizo-wiki-blitz of the OTT has as of now covered a total of 863 pages, corresponding to 33.54% or just a little over one third of the thread. I'm molpishly surprised myself because I haven't been in the habit of working out my progress like that (and due to the fragmented nature of my wikiblitz, it does take some computation). ETA: These are the pages I've currently covered:
Spoiler:
  • 1 – 36
  • 310 – 334
  • 592 – 607
  • 864 – 892
  • 967 – 1025
  • 1329 – 1359
  • 1400 – 1497
  • 1599 – 1655
  • 1676 – 1720
  • 1966 – 1989
  • 2125 – 2567

mrob27 wrote:Ummm… so, has anyone found the song OTTification in Q04B yet?

Nope. Always been too busy playing the game.

mrob27 wrote:Hint: did anyone notice the Javascript?

Well, I've taken a look at the Javascript code now, but didn't notice anything resembling a song ottification? Oh wait, there are separate Javascript files included too, gotta check these out..........Found it! It's in
Spoiler:
js/game_manager.js

Code: Select all

/* OTTification of "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk, by mrob27.
 * This will be used in one of the Lucky enhancements, probably the DRUL one
 * because the tempo matches the motion so nicely */
GameManager.prototype.lucky_lyrics = function()
{
  var i;
  var self = this;

self.lyr_add("Get Lucky - OTTification by mrob27", 7);
  self.lyr_add("Based on 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk", 7);
  self.lyr_add("5 . 6 . 7 . 8 .", 3);
  for(i=1; i<=7; i++) {
    self.lyr_add("(Intrumental intro - " + i + "/7.5)", 7);
  }
  self.lyr_add("(1 . 2 . 3 . 4)", 3);
  self.lyr_add("Like the mustard in the newpix", 7);
  self.lyr_add("The e** is the beginning", 7);
  self.lyr_add("The tiles keep on spinning (uh-huh)", 7);
  self.lyr_add("Many points we're winning ... (Neat!)", 7);
  var block1 = function() {
    self.lyr_add("We've played too long,", 7);
    self.lyr_add("endless ONG after ONG", 7);
    self.lyr_add("But here we belong", 7);
    self.lyr_add("Wowterfall! Sing a song", 7);
  };  block1();
  self.lyr_add("", 1);
  var block2 = function() {
    self.lyr_add("I just got my second shed", 3);
    self.lyr_add("It looked as if I was dead", 3);
    self.lyr_add("I got a cascade instead", 3);
    self.lyr_add("It seems todip I was lucky", 3);
  };  block2();
  var block3 = function() {
    self.lyr_add("Hotdog all night till the dawn", 3);
    self.lyr_add("Combining Cuegans is fun", 3);
    self.lyr_add("by Snake!, the mustard's undone", 3);
    self.lyr_add("or maybe I'll just use Lucky", 3);
  };  block3();
  var block4 = function() {
    self.lyr_add("Q-0-4-B to get Lucky", 3);
    self.lyr_add("I'll wait to see if I'm lucky", 3);
    self.lyr_add("Merge all the tiles with my Lucky", 3);
    self.lyr_add("Waiting for it -- just got lucky!", 3);
  };  block4();
  self.lyr_add("(instrumental)", 7);
  self.lyr_add(" ", 5);
  self.lyr_add("The Present has no blitzers,", 7);
  self.lyr_add("The basement has no posters,", 7);
  self.lyr_add("No punsaws for the lurkers", 7);
  self.lyr_add("It's all about the OTTers, (uh-huh)", 7);
  self.lyr_add("", 1);
  block1();
  self.lyr_add("", 1);
  block2(); block3(); block4();
  for (i=1; i<20; i++) {
    self.lyr_add("Q-0-4-B to get" + ((i>=12) ? " Lucky" : "-")
                                                   + " (" + i + "/20)", 3);
  }
  self.lyr_add("Q-0-4-B to get Lucky (20/20)", 1);
  block1();
  self.lyr_add("", 1);
  block4(); block4(); block4();
  self.lyr_add("(intrumental to end)", 79);
};

Posting this now, will have to ketchup on ED's camping log later.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:15 pm UTC

Hi ED! :D Neat camp stories!
Apparently ye olde flashlighten were highly inconsistent so the appellation was accurate back then. Here is a strange red page that is actually fascinating. Strewn about in there is the story of Eveready flashlights/batteries and how they ended up with this cool and vaguely RELATED logo:
Spoiler:

The Lucky electric redundakitty is still featured on their website. I want it.

balthasar_s wrote:But after the fomums' phpBB software was updated the script doesn't work any more.

Oh, too bad. That was a treeish little tool. I find myself forgetting various things about the forum migration since most of my Time here was spent on the old software and that's still what my brain is used to. Like how quoting people notifies them. Lots of newish things to see around here. BSTA looks interesting!

svenman wrote:About that... I just noticed that if you go to the OTC page, the page reloads every few seconds, at least on Firefox and Edge. The displayed epilogue image remains the same, though, except presumably on the full outside hour. No idea when this epsilon behaviour started though, has anyone else noticed anything?

Does the same on Chrome. That does seem problematic - should we kick it up the chain?
Also, bravo on reading a full third of the current OTT through your wikiblitz. Impressive!

Image Schizoblitz Report 3 .Image

Newpage 20/2573

Spoiler:
Baobabs, so far I've been managing to keep "current" with the original OTC release - that is, I'm at the point in the thread where this nopix's UNG was released. The speed is like unto a raptorcat and I won't be able to keep up once the wipend concludes. A simultaneous schizoblitz (simulblitz?) really conveys the pace of the thread in real Time. Feels like I've been doing a lot more RUNning than Waiting. Image

Some of the comments and conversations feel a lot more prickly* than the OTT I've grown used to over Time and beyond. A bit of sniping over grammar and pronouns and people's pet theories seems to be happening. It's startlingly unmolpish.

In one of those epsilon coincidences of OTT topic Loopism, Javascript and the noticing of such is much discussed. (Sneakily molpish, mrob!) Have you noticed the Javascript? The early thread denizens have, repeatedly and often. It is one of those things that is important to notice. Which reminds me, have you noticed the Javascript yet? *hums Q-0-4-B to get Lucky*

A majority of the guesses at this point are wildly off but a few are eerily good, like dtilque predicting Megan would attack the sandcastle with a trebuchet. I think there's Javascript incoming, or maybe it's always been here and no one noticed it. The first honor of an ONG being ninja'd seems to belong to BytEfLUSh on NP 12. cONGratulations? And TheMulattoMaker on NP 14 formats the First Commandment in a way that shall eventually become notorious, the good advice to [spoiler]. But how can the protoOTTers follow it when there are things to notice, like Javascript? I think I even noticed a post rounding up the various noticings of aspects of the Javascript.

* Not a little prickly. That's Pricklymolp.

QuOTTations

This is far better than Pope Watch.
-Airbuilder7, NP 13

It sorta feels like we have (been passively forced to) come together to bond over this mystery. Randall, you shrewd sociologist.
-azule, NP 16

I think we're looking at sand castles because they're awesome.
-kaley, NP 18

Redundant:
Spoiler:

bar003.png
bar003.png (241 Bytes) Viewed 11364 times

eveready.gif
eveready.gif (69.88 KiB) Viewed 11364 times

redundant289.png
redundant289.png (160.48 KiB) Viewed 11364 times
Edits to number schizoblitzreport.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon May 01, 2017 10:08 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:21 pm UTC

Rakhal wrote:I do not know how to UNG yet...
ggh already showed how to do it with mrobreplay and mschaviewer.
Here is how to do it with my viewer:
  • Go to the aftertime viewer.
  • Select a story (Time, in this case) form "Go to story" and click "GO".
  • Click "replay" to see the the currently replayed frame.
  • Click "[bbcode]" and you will see the bbcode to copy in your post.
  • Click "[spoiler]" and the bbcode will include the title text in a spoiler.

BlitzGirl, I would like to ask you while you're here.
I heard that you like words and stuff like that.
What do you think about the 2 words game?
I'm curious.

Maybe I will recreate the attachment script when I find som time. I forgot that I wanted to do it.

mrob27 wrote:Ummm… so, has anyone found the song OTTification in Q04B yet? It's been over 3 years since the Grammys featuring the song upon which it was based, and getting near 3 yips since Q04B… and I still haven't heard a pip out of anyone. Hint: did anyone notice the Javascript?
At the beginning I tried to play q04b a few times. Then I reached this:
balthasar_s wrote:ETA: Q04B, Q04B.
I was playing Q04B some time ago. At some point I had One towerer and almost the second one. Then I looked at the row below the gamefield. There was only one place left. "Wow, it's almost the end!" Then I played until I wast just 1 Cueball away from having the next tile. Then, after a great cascade . . . Beanies! And still one place left! Evil! :D
Then, I never went to Q04B again. I'm not really into pokemon playing games like this.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:20 pm UTC

Just wanted to say:
The OTT without BlitzGirl just is not the same. As I was reminded presently.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:27 pm UTC

Aw. Thanks, Sciscitor :)

balthasar_s wrote:What do you think about the 2 words game?
I'm curious.

Oooh. Image My initial impression is very good; I love word games like this! The paragraphs created through it so far are fun to read. They remind me of the Markov chains from upthread, but directly produced by people. Fascinating.

-

Speaking of playing games, Drawception has its anniversary at almost exactly the same time as Time, and for the next dip or two all of the starting prompts are "a princess in a castle." I've decided to take the opportunity to illustrate the everyday life of Rosetta, going about her leaderly duties (and other activities) in the OTC's own real castle. So I'll be bringing by completed panels now and then.

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np75

Postby mscha » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:10 pm UTC

UNAVAILUNGNESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:CRIKEY! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT RIBBIT!

-- posted by oldpixbot

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:53 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:It figures that Jose would be the first OTTer I see punning when I molpy out of the basement...

You have a lot of catching up to do... with your extended basementage, fear of the punsaw somewhat dwindled, and Punarchy in the OTT began to creep out of the shadows once more... Might be worth doing a whole-thread punsawing or "Heltrådenvitssågen" to make up for it. We'll need a good animated smiley for that though...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:23 pm UTC

Well that sounds ominous. I don't even know where I would find a punsaw seaish enough to take on the OTT.
Maybe I'll ask Rosetta if she has one in her castle collection...

Oh look, it's oldpixbot! Image Yay! I missed our friendly neighborhood bots, too.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

addams

Postby addams » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:07 pm UTC

(gee) With BlitzGirl back...
It is, kind of, Emotional.

The Family is Whole, again...
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Gingercat

Yay for deBasementing!

Postby Gingercat » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:59 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:My Randall, y'all have been busy! I have too, but on the Outside.
[spoilersnip!]

Amazing! That is a beautiful result :)

Edit:

Wow, BlitzGirl has made an appearance! And yappo! And so many others, holy wow! Welcome forward, xuys :mrgeen:

Are any of you yet familiar with shameless self-promotionTorgos? ;) If you feel like miniBlitzing something, maybe start there!
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np89

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:10 am UTC

UNEVUNGELICAL...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:HELLO, I'M MS. FRIZZLE. BASICALLY, UNBASEMENT!

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 am UTC

Happy 6666 posts, mscha and pixbots!
Spoiler:
AUTOMOME wrote:BASICALLY, UNBASEMENT!

Yes!

There is a Time for everything,
    and a newpage for every activity here on the OTT:

a Time to unbasement and a Time to go Outside,
    a Time to feed squirpies and a Time to eat flutterbees,
    a Time to mourn and a Time to celebrate,
    a Time to trebuchet and a Time to crenellate,
    a Time to weep(end) and a Time to molpy up,
    a Time to be endish and a Time to give Present Presents,
    a Time to compose ottifications and a Time to perform them,
    a Time to trueblitz and a Time to refrain from blitzing,
    a Time to pagepope and a Time to abdicate,
    a Time to keep up the wiki and a Time to rewrite it,
    a Time to ninja and a Time to spoiler,
    a Time to lurk silently and a Time to tell stories,
    a Time to analyze and a Time to enjoy,
    a Time for RUNning and a Time for Waiting.

addams wrote:(gee) With BlitzGirl back...

Thanks, addams. Image
And hi, Gingercat!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

Postby thunk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:53 am UTC

It's definitely good to see you again BlitzGirl.
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

ggh

Re: Molpish Timeiversary, everyone!

Postby ggh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:50 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:
Turn off computers
Spoiler:
Computers off.

Ready to go?

Is that a male ground pin on the power strip?

Looks like Poland uses Type E.
Also, apparently the way to shut down an Amiga is to kill the power, but is the linux box happy with that as well? Seems violent.

Steakish otty, BlitzGirl! Lucky for me you didn't say "a Time to ketchup", because I still haven't. :P
Right now it is a Time to do laundry. And try to make it possible to see the floor again somewhere. Anywhere.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:39 am UTC

Thanks, thunk! It's awesomeful to see everyone again.

ggh wrote: Lucky for me you didn't say "a Time to ketchup", because I still haven't. :P

My first thought was: Technically speaking, there is no Time to ketchup anymore. :(

Good thing there are lots of other OTTish creations to ketchup on, OTT included. :)

Image Schizoblitz Report 4 .Image

Newpage 30/2573

Spoiler:
As the protoOTTers wait on, a few signs of frustration are starting to set in... after all, it has been over a dip and a half by Outside reckoning. That was a long Time to have an xkcd comic unfinished before Time. It's amusing to see how all the speculation at this point has the OTC being set in the Present (or well, in 2013H), because that was the natural assumption based on the history of GLR's Othercomics to this point and there was no real way to guess otherwise from the mere action of sandcastle building. Feels epsilon to a far-future OTTer like me, who knows just how far out the setting really is, temporally.

Aside from that normal speculation, a few quirks are beginning to show. It would be too simple for this amazing building material to be mere sand, wouldn't it? The initial competing guess as to the material is "snow." And hints of artistic experimentation emerge, when Wnderer makes what seems to be the very first OTTercomic on NP 22 with a #1110 mashup. User fiveofoh chimes in with a more mechanical tidbit about the Javascript I found interesting in light of the constant reloads the OTC is now experiencing. I don't know enough about Javascript to know if it's actually RELATED. I also passed the first messages across time within the thread (excluding post #1)... warnings to those who don't want to encounter spoilers on a blitz. Molpish!

benjaminswill wrote:Wow, does this have the possibility to turn into comic 915 or what?
"Personally I believe slide number 52 (according to the Aubron Wood chronological classification system) is automatically in the top ten, due to the sheer originality of the introduction of text - before which it was unknown if the series would contain any."

Has anymolpy here actually ever compiled a top-ten-newpix list? I seem to recall something about it but I'm not sure if it ever coalesced into Buzzfeedese. That would be fun to see.

Ruger9x19 wrote:Clearly this can only end one of two ways.
1. Raptors
2. Box of mountain lions.

Combine these and you get raptorcats. Image

Zion426 wrote:So, how do we know that the guy who's helping the girl now is the same person as the guy who left earlier?

He...uh. Uh-oh. Oh no. How many times does "Cueball" go off-screen in the OTC? HOW MANY CUEBALLS ARE THERE?

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

QuOTTations

We're viewing a 2D cross section of a 4D scene. Presumably the sand is coming from a depression that was dug many frames in the future -- we'll see it appear in a few days.
-tarry, NP 22

Randall seems to appreciate the sense that it is time that destroys what people create. But still people create.
-chistodex, NP 25

Looks like things are coming to an end. I'd now guess that there will be only one more update at 11:30 PM EDT, and after that, it's over and comic 1191 is posted.
-mscha, NP 29

Redundant:
Spoiler:

bar004.png
bar004.png (248 Bytes) Viewed 10580 times

redundant290.png
redundant290.png (126.14 KiB) Viewed 10580 times
Edit to number schizoblitzreport.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon May 01, 2017 10:14 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:05 am UTC

Poor cue.

ETA:
GnomeAnne wrote:
macraw83 wrote:I would have been SO angry, at least once I got over the sheer terror of the situation
Indeed, that sort of thing is only funny if it happens to someone else.
By the Time I'd bounced once or twice it was funny to me too. :) Probably falling backwards off a bridge a few seconds earlier than expected is only marginally scarier than falling backwards off a bridge. Also, post-rush, you feel pretty molpish about everything.

GnomeAnne wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:I started a new TFFS this wip, but I'm ketched up now, and I hope to resume regular OTTing soon.
Thanks for the pictures of your flowers, Addams! Now I'm waiting for a picture of your big throne. But luckily we are all well-versed in waiting, aren't we?
oops, forgot this before.
Spoiler:
And when it blew in the gully
Aw, so wingish with those snow-laced trees!
Does the throne have a back or am I looking through it?
And, is that your greenhouse? If so, it looks amazing! *covets*

And Zooman, new Time zone with the new FFS, or no?
Last edited by ggh on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:43 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Agatha the Awesomeful

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:31 am UTC

Should probably add into that quote that it's not only time that destroys what people create.

Because Cueball.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 am UTC

ExperimentUNG here. Hopefully I got it right and didn't do something epsilon!

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Waves at all the legendary OTTers emerging from the basement!

And I suspect I would not feel molpish if I fell off a bridge however I did so :)

--Rakhal

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:36 am UTC

This is not good, all the cool people show up and no one has cake?
I will have to make one.
**Waves excitedly at
Earthling
BlitzGirl
yappobiscuits
Sciscitor
Quantized
mscha
And
Rakhal
(I know, some of you were already here. I wave anyway)

Prepare everything you need.

You don't need any special preparation.
You can go just like this.
Everything is already in your pockets.

The BSTA story begins at http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/bsta/

The Torgos chronicles spawned an OTTish d&d game that seems to be having trouble getting started. We have spent the last month walking into a pub.

I am currently on page zero of re-blitzing the thread, with only 2572 pages left. I somehow decided this would be a good weekend to move to a new house. I think I will skim the first few hundred pages until I get to where I slowed down on my first attempt. NP780ish I believe.

ZoomanSP wrote:FTFY
heh.

ggh wrote:By the Time I'd bounced once or twice it was funny to me too. Probably falling backwards off a bridge a few seconds earlier than expected is only marginally scarier than falling backwards off a bridge. Also, post-rush, you feel pretty molpish about everything.
I'm afraid I'm with Rakhal on this one, I'm not a fan of heights or of falling. But then, I would not have been jumping off a bridge to begin with.
How was the festival?

ETA:I originally wrote "I'm with our Stormwarden on this one", but then I thought is "our/the Stormwarden" correct, or should it be treated like a name "I'm with Stormwarden"?
I have been assuming it is a title, but now that I wrote it I'm not so sure. Is it from stormlight?
Wait For It.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:58 pm UTC

ggh wrote:And Zooman, new Time zone with the new FFS, or no?

Same locatiUNG
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

karhell

Postby karhell » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:43 pm UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:The Torgos chronicles spawned an OTTish d&d game that seems to be having trouble getting started. We have spent the last month walking into a pub.

Well it's the kind of pub where they make you write your memoirs before you're allowed to enter (plus I'm a lazy slob when it comes to writing >.>)
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

macraw83

Re: Basement Blindpost

Postby macraw83 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:25 pm UTC

Oh no, I missed the Timeversary again!

Seems like y'all had a molpish time though, with a few debasementees coming along for the ride!

BlitzGirl wrote:
Molpy Timeversary!

Greetings from the Outside!
This is just a blindpost for now, but I wanted to drop by a riverish Present Present for all the wowterful OTTers still otting todip.
Can you believe it's been four yips since Time began? Baobabs!
Yaaaay! BlitzGirl emerged from the Basement! (Though once again I was away and unable to experience it in realtime- accursed weepends) I'm so glad you're back, and it looks like you've brought a few others with you!

mscha wrote:Happy Timeversary, everymolpy!

Who nailed the basement door shut? It took me forever to get out! I'll try to stick around for a bit.
Did I miss anything? 8-)
I've been ninja'd a few times, but ED has written a few chapters of a story about Mage Stones, Gingercat has entertained us with his D&D character's adventures in a recurring feature titled "The Chronicles of Torgos", and b_s has been supplying us with a steady diet of puzzles and stories as well. And those are just the first few things that come to mind.

GnomeAnne wrote:Do you know whether the folks in the car were alright?
I did not want to stop and check, as residual charges in cases like this can be dangerous, and the safest place to be in a storm (aside from in a solidly-built structure) is inside your car, as it acts somewhat like a Faraday cage. Even if the car itself is not fine, the occupants should still be, and their stop seemed to be fairly gentle.

karhell wrote:
GnomeAnne wrote:The Torgos chronicles spawned an OTTish d&d game that seems to be having trouble getting started. We have spent the last month walking into a pub.

Well it's the kind of pub where they make you write your memoirs before you're allowed to enter (plus I'm a lazy slob when it comes to writing >.>)
Me too :oops:

I keep forgetting to check that forum, and to create my character and a backstory to post in the pub thread. Though tonight is my last curling game until October, so that should open up my free time a good bit.
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:57 pm UTC

So much molpishness, and so many OTTers stopping by! I wish I had time to do more than skim, but I'm currently RUNning to get ready for my trip.

I was thinking it would be nice if I could do do blitzing on the plane, but I'm not what the wi-fi situation will be. Is there a way to get text versions of the Torgos and mrobdex stories? I also want to blitz bsta and really study it, and also read some of the analysis by GnomeAnne and ggh, but I'm not sure of an easy way to do that.

ETA And I want to re-blitz ED's story.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:09 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:So much molpishness, and so many OTTers stopping by! I wish I had time to do more than skim, but I'm currently RUNning to get ready for my trip.

I was thinking it would be nice if I could do do blitzing on the plane, but I'm not what the wi-fi situation will be. Is there a way to get text versions of the Torgos and mrobdex stories? I also want to blitz bsta and really study it, and also read some of the analysis by GnomeAnne and ggh, but I'm not sure of an easy way to do that.

At one point during one of my various Blitzes, I had a few wips where I was traveling with little-to-no internet connectivity. I kept up my Blitzing efforts by opening a bunch of NewPages in separate tabs on my lap-leopard when I had internet and reading through them when I didn't. You could also probably hit "save as" in your browser to save individual pages onto your favorite organized sand, but you probably wouldn't be able to navigate between said pages.

One route that would maintain maximum OTT access would be to host a RORRIM on it and access the full OTT by navigating to "127.0.0.1/ott/", even when offline. But, that is probably wayyyy more effort than you want to spend and also only applicable for sand running Linux.
Last edited by macraw83 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

Thanks, macraw! I don't have Linux, and I don't have time to do anything complicated :) , so the latter suggestion probably won't work. I did think about saving the NPs as PDFs, and I may do that.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:17 pm UTC

Just edited in another paragraph to avoid doublepost, but my doublepostavoidance was ninja'd (been a long time since I was ninja'd here). Here's the paragraph in case you missed it:

As for Blitzing individual stories and such, many of them include navigational links between the chapters, so all you have to do is find one chapter of the story and you can find the rest (for example, here is the first volume of the Chronicles of Torgos, and at the bottom there's a link to Volume 2, on which there's a link to Volume 3, etc). From there, you either copy the text into a document that you can save locally, or some other solution that's probably better but that I can't think of right now.

I think I'll go edit it out now.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:33 pm UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:This is not good, all the cool people show up and no one has cake?
I will have to make one.
**Waves excitedly at
Earthling
BlitzGirl
yappobiscuits
Sciscitor
Quantized
mscha
And
Rakhal

Thanks for including me into the ranks of cool people. But who is "And"?
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:29 pm UTC

Probably a silentlurker. :)

Another Drawception panel - Rosetta contemplates hatwear:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 pm UTC

Oops, wasn't expecting an intervening post so soon! :)

Sciscitor wrote:Thanks for including me into the ranks of cool people. But who is "And"?

As if there was ever any question you are one of the cool people!

And must have been one of those xuys who posted once and disappeared. :D

I may not have time to blitz, but I can share some cake:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
cake.jpg

ETA quote, and the edited again to add ETA.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

addams

Postby addams » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
GnomeAnne wrote:
macraw83 wrote:I would have been SO angry, at least once I got over the sheer terror of the situation
Indeed, that sort of thing is only funny if it happens to someone else.
By the Time I'd bounced once or twice it was funny to me too. :) Probably falling backwards off a bridge a few seconds earlier than expected is only marginally scarier than falling backwards off a bridge. Also, post-rush, you feel pretty molpish about everything.

GnomeAnne wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Thanks for the pictures of your flowers, Addams!
Now I'm waiting for a picture of your big throne. But luckily we are all well-versed in waiting, aren't we?
oops, forgot this before.
Spoiler:
And when it blew in the gully
Aw, so wingish with those snow-laced trees!
Does the throne have a back or am I looking through it?
And, is that your greenhouse? If so, it looks amazing! *covets*
ggh; You never fail to widen my World View.
Yet; I belong to the group of Posters that would Not be falling off that Bridge; Willingly.

I Did 'qualify' in Repelling.
Spoiler:
I had lowered myself down the two hundred foot cliff face, under control, Twice!
It scared me So! Much! my skin responded.

I found myself standing in line to 'Go!', again.

I thought, "Why?!".
I got out of the to 'Go!' line.

I worked the Belay Line the rest of the day.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belaying

I don't have an irrational fear of heights.
I, simply, have a healthy fear of heights.
Yes. And; Yes.
Yes. The Throne has a Back and a Seat.
Yes. You are looking through it.

Because, the Back and Seat are indoors.
Spoiler:
They must be covered with an OutDoor appropriate material before being installed.
I'm so very glad those pieces were indoors, protected, when The Storm hit.
Another, Yes.
Yes. That is my GreenHouse.
Yep. I Love It!
Spoiler:
I like it More than the Box I live in.
It would NOT be comfortable to Live in the GreenHouse.

As Wonderfullish as it is, it has no insulation and is very, very drafty.
There are large screened areas designed for airflow. I'd Freeze!

As Winter is beginning to let go and the days are getting longer;
I have an early batch of flowers in the GreenHouse.

Any day now, I can begin planing more seeds.
The GreenHouse is good protection from my Stinky Friends, The Deer.

The Deer are so destructive!
They will eat things Deer don't eat, if I plant it.
Beware! oh, Beware!
GreenHouse owners, Aquarium owners, Any closed Habitat owners!

Beware!
The Deal that is Too Good to be True!

Cheep plants, Cheep fish, Cheep any living thing...
Those things may be carrying contagious disease and/or pests!

I highly recommend a Quarantine and Careful Examination Routine.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
lmjb1964 wrote:So much molpishness, and so many OTTers stopping by! I wish I had time to do more than skim, but I'm currently RUNning to get ready for my trip.

oh,...You Dear, Sweet Busy OTTer;
The suggestion of opening a few pages in Tabs that can be opened and read without Wi-Fi, while on the plane is a Good One.

Even, I can do That. ...And; As we All know;
I can not do much with Organized Sand.
Spoiler:
I do a lot with Un-Organized Sand.
Tracking it into my living space
is my most practiced Skill.
Happy Trails to You!
May your journey and all your days be Merry and Bright!
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:32 pm UTC

Ninja'd, please ignore the cat behind the curtain
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np134

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 pm UTC

KAMPUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:DON'T FAXT ME BECAUSE I'M YAPPOCISED

-- posted by oldpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

GREEN FLAMES!

Postby Eternal Density » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:35 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Happy 6666 posts, mscha and pixbots!
Spoiler:
AUTOMOME wrote:BASICALLY, UNBASEMENT!

Yes!

There is a Time for everything,
    and a newpage for every activity here on the OTT:

a Time to unbasement and a Time to go Outside,
    a Time to feed squirpies and a Time to eat flutterbees,
    a Time to mourn and a Time to celebrate,
    a Time to trebuchet and a Time to crenellate,
    a Time to weep(end) and a Time to molpy up,
    a Time to be endish and a Time to give Present Presents,
    a Time to compose ottifications and a Time to perform them,
    a Time to trueblitz and a Time to refrain from blitzing,
    a Time to pagepope and a Time to abdicate,
    a Time to keep up the wiki and a Time to rewrite it,
    a Time to ninja and a Time to spoiler,
    a Time to lurk silently and a Time to tell stories,
    a Time to analyze and a Time to enjoy,
    a Time for RUNning and a Time for Waiting.

addams wrote:(gee) With BlitzGirl back...

Thanks, addams. Image
And hi, Gingercat!

How very Ecclesiastical! :D

It's super molpish to see back to back posts by yappobiscuits and BlitzGirl :D
Also I just remembered that it's almost a yip since the last Sandcastle Builder update, perhaps I should do another April 1st release?
But it's more important for me to do Mage Stone stuff...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

1190: "Time": I WONDER WHERE I'LL CHEW BEESNAKES NEXT?

Postby mrob27 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 am UTC

svenman wrote: […] song ottification? Oh wait, there are separate Javascript files included too, gotta check these out……….Found it! […]

Yep! Decree fulfilled, a mere 17730 nopix later! Here are the full lyrics, expanded for easier consumption:
Spoiler:
  Get Lucky - OTTification by mrob27
  Based on 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk

(Intrumental intro - 7.5 measures)

Like the mustard in the newpix
  The e* is the beginning
  The tiles keep on spinning (uh-huh)
  Many points we're winning … (Neat!)

We've played too long,
  endless ONG after ONG
  But here we belong
  Wowterfall! Sing a song

I just got my second shed
  It looked as if I was dead
  I got a cascade instead
  It seems todip I was lucky

Hotdog all night till the dawn
  Combining Cuegans is fun
  by Snake!, the mustard's undone
  or maybe I'll just use Lucky

Q-0-4-B to get Lucky
  I'll wait to see if I'm lucky
  Merge all the tiles with my Lucky
  Waiting for it — just got lucky!

(instrumental)

The Present has no blitzers,
  The basement has no posters,
  No punsaws for the lurkers
  It's all about the OTTers, (uh-huh)

We've played too long,
  endless ONG after ONG
  But here we belong
  Wowterfall! Sing a song

Sing these 12 lines three times:
  | I just got my second shed
  | It looked as if I was dead
  | I got a cascade instead
  | It seems todip I was lucky
  |
  | Hotdog all night till the dawn
  | Combining Cuegans is fun
  | by Snake!, the mustard's undone
  | or maybe I'll just use Lucky
  |
  | Q-0-4-B to get Lucky
  | I'll wait to see if I'm lucky
  | Merge all the tiles with my Lucky
  | Waiting for it — just got lucky!

Q-0-4-B to get (4 times)
  Q-0-4-B to get (4 times)
  Q-0-4-B to get Lucky (4 times)

We've played too long,
  endless ONG after ONG
  But here we belong
  Wowterfall! Sing a song

I just got my second shed
  It looked as if I was dead
  I got a cascade instead
  It seems todip I was lucky

Hotdog all night till the dawn
  Combining Cuegans is fun
  by Snake!, the mustard's undone
  or maybe I'll just use Lucky

Sing these 4 lines four times:
  | Q-0-4-B to get Lucky
  | I'll wait to see if I'm lucky
  | Merge all the tiles with my Lucky
  | Waiting for it — just got lucky!

(intrumental to end)

BlitzGirl wrote:Which reminds me, have you noticed the Javascript yet? *hums Q-0-4-B to get Lucky*

Hi! and thanks, I'm glad you like it. If anyone figures out how to trigger the lyric captions, they may notice that the tempo is matched to the Daft Punk song…

@balthasar_s, sorry if Q04B was a bit frustrating. I think the purpose was to have the tiles be a surprise. The total number of Q04B tiles is approximately log2(the Sea). Timbormeb played for 16 mips and got over 400,000,000 points.

lmjb1964 wrote: I was thinking it would be nice if I could do do blitzing on the plane, but I'm not what the wi-fi situation will be. Is there a way to get text versions of the Torgos and mrobdex stories?

Just follow this link: "mr*bdex story" (which appears at the top of each installment). You'll get to a plain text page. Select all, copy, go into a text editor, paste, save. The lines are kind of long, hopefully your text editor knows how to do word-wrapping.

mrob27 Image

band his bots
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”