1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:47 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I added an arrow pointing upwards which will show the molpy's horizontal position, allowing me to correctly align the molpy with the platforms:

This makes things so much easier, thank you.

And, that makes me pope.
I guess try out the MolpyUp game if you haven't yet.

I've combined b's arrow addition with a modified version of mrob's auto clockspeed adjust, starting at 30 and increasing more slowly. It is indeed very addictive.
I've also made the game save every Tim you put a flag on a sandcastle, since I die far too often when it's going faster than about 70.
I still haven't gotten past 1800 in normal mode because... reasons.
Last edited by GnomeAnne on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:57 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait For It.

Sustainabilizer

Re: 1190: "Time"; MolpyUpdate!

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:11 pm UTC

[Another message from the Past arrives ...]

MolpyUpdate: Image
  • Adopted the baltharrow.
  • Press <a> to switch the arrow off and back on.
Hotdog: http://www.peter.gerwinski.de/ott/MolpyUp.zip
GIT: http://www.peter.gerwinski.de/ott/MolpyUp-master.zip

balthasar_s wrote:I added an arrow pointing upwards which will show the molpy's horizontal position, allowing me to correctly align the molpy with the platforms:

I adopted this to the main branch. Thank you. :)

I also introduced a RELATED option: Those who do not want to have it easier can press the <a> key to switch the arrow off and back on.

taixzo wrote:I note that the molpy image specifically was drawn by BlitzGirl, not by GLR, so perhaps that could be relicensed? As for the other textures, I'd be willing to try and re-draw them - I do have a bit of practice drawing things in the Time style now.
SilentTimer wrote:Count me in! Image Large parts of t1i are entirely by myself, including grass, molpies, etc.
I can tell you which parts. Feel free to use them in the hotdog.

Thanks for your help. :)

So far, I took everything, including sand platforms, from the OTC – except the molpy and now the baltharrow.
I'll have a look at the grass, flowers, and sand in t-1 and t1i to find replacements.

Concerning molpies and other items, I don't want to [spoil] here what you'll encounter in the hotdog. But if you have a look at the files in the subdirectory assets you can see what is needed.

[Resuming Blitz on NP 2625, raptorishly approaching the Present.
Using interferometry, your wolpies might already be able to smell out my incoming Blitzrocket.]

ETA: Link for the wolpies
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:11 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time"; MolpyUpdate!

Postby taixzo » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:57 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
taixzo wrote:I note that the molpy image specifically was drawn by BlitzGirl, not by GLR, so perhaps that could be relicensed? As for the other textures, I'd be willing to try and re-draw them - I do have a bit of practice drawing things in the Time style now.
SilentTimer wrote:Count me in! Image Large parts of t1i are entirely by myself, including grass, molpies, etc.
I can tell you which parts. Feel free to use them in the hotdog.

Thanks for your help. :)

So far, I took everything, including sand platforms, from the OTC – except the molpy and now the baltharrow.
I'll have a look at the grass, flowers, and sand in t-1 and t1i to find replacements.

Concerning molpies and other items, I don't want to [spoil] here what you'll encounter in the hotdog. But if you have a look at the files in the subdirectory assets you can see what is needed.

[Resuming Blitz on NP 2625, raptorishly approaching the Present.
Using interferometry, your wolpies might already be able to smell out my incoming Blitzrocket.]

I don't think I ever put a license on those, so here: all the images of t-1 are licensed by GPLv3.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:21 am UTC

...what does a Blitzrocket smell like?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:08 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Speaking of seasons, it's tax season, and I have done not one whit of my taxes. Hopefully they have wi-fi in the federal prison, so I can continue OTTing while locked up for tax evasion...

Well, you get two extra days this year. Also, filing is technically optional, it's paying they get fussed about.

Mostly the gators stay farther south, so I don't worry about them too much. Apparently someone spotted a 1/2 cue monitor lizard crossing a road nearby though. No word as to why.

Edited to fix attribution.
Last edited by SBN on Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np470

Postby mscha » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:10 pm UTC

SWALUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:DID ANYONE NOTICE THE CHRONOTRANSPONDERS?

-- posted by oldpixbot

mrob27

1190: Time: THEY'RE TAKING THE MOLPIES TO ISENGARD!

Postby mrob27 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:11 pm UTC

SBN wrote:[…] someone spotted a 1/2 cue monitor lizard crossing a road nearby though. No word as to why.

…to monitor the neighbours, I suppose.
Spoiler:
What, internet? No monitor lizard doughnuts? I'm disappointed.

Edit:
Spoiler:
*phew*. You had me worried there for a bit. Thanks internet, I knew you'd come through.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

karhell

Postby karhell » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:08 am UTC

SBN wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
karhell wrote:
Speaking of seasons, it's tax season, and I have done not one whit of my taxes. Hopefully they have wi-fi in the federal prison, so I can continue OTTing while locked up for tax evasion...

Well, you get two extra days this year. Also, filing is technically optional, it's paying they get fussed about.

Mostly the gators stay farther south, so I don't worry about them too much. Apparently someone spotted a 1/2 cue monitor lizard crossing a road nearby though. No word as to why.

I didn't say that :P
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:25 am UTC

Tagmustard strikes again! Image

Thanks for selfdonuting, mrob. I'm not keen on trying to wrest the punsaw from the molpy army.

In Time-RELATED news, Cueball is about to drink the liquidcancerbaconbabies. PFFTH!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:18 am UTC

Rakhal wrote:I'll have you know that I've watched EVERY goatball game played in my home town for the last 10 years! It's a very important part of my life...

--Rakhal

Personally, I'm waiting for the day it becomes an Olympic sport.

BlitzGirl wrote:...what does a Blitzrocket smell like?

Like Blitzfule, maybe? No idea what Blitzfuel smells like, though.

Darn tagmustard! You never know when it will show up.

karhell wrote:
SBN wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
karhell wrote:

I didn't say that :P

I did, however. :) Since then, I have done one whit of my taxes. Maybe two whits, if we're being generous.

Still more than a day for the next bsta. I'm eagerly Waiting for It to see what that static on the screen resolves to.

I have not yet followed the decree. Now where did taixzo put those Mac instructions?

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:34 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Now where did taixzo put those Mac instructions?
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=4331564#p4331564
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time": CONSIDER THE HABERDASHERY OF SPAAACE

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:45 am UTC

Thanks, b! I found them as well. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to work. I installed Python, and it said that I installed pygame as well, but then it said it couldn't find pygame, or something. Curse my lack of <computery stuff> knowledge!
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:30 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:14 am UTC

TastUNG the sea¹ ...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
¹: big
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:34 am UTC

karhell wrote:I didn't say that :P

Fixed. For a minute I thought it was a comment on my content - As in, it wasn't you telling her not to file.

I like TaxAct for doing mine. (But, I don't have state income tax, so mine is easier than some.)
But I think it was only about 10 whits, total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

addams

Postby addams » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 am UTC

SBN!
Long TIME...
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:14 am UTC

YUCKUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
ETA: New OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

svenman

Postby svenman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

New Othercomic. Marginally Related for having Megan, Cueball and a tree (which may or may not know what it's doing).
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:30 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Thanks, b! I found them as well. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to work. I installed Python, and it said that I installed pygame as well, but then it said it couldn't find pygame, or something. Curse my lack of <computery stuff> knowledge!

This may make it a bit simpler: I compiled it into an app package using py2app. You should be able to just double-click it to launch it like any other Mac app.

molpyup.zip
(8.8 MiB) Downloaded 64 times
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:46 pm UTC

SBN wrote:

Isn't the answer: "To get to the other side"?
Or maybe this SMBC comic contains the answer: https://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/2012-01-18
I haven't checked the context of SBN's comment, I must admit, so forgive me if I am writing nonsense.

By the way, I have also done a few whits of tax filing. That is, today I managed to find all the papers I was looking for, to everyone's surprise. I hope there aren't papers that I have forgotten that I should look for. But my deadline isn't until May 2; must have something to do with time zones I guess.

My daily paper didn't print an April fool's joke this year, as they traditionally do. Boring. They just printed an article explaining why not. But maybe that article was the April fool's joke...

OK, bedtime for me. Cheerio. (Sorry, I mean "molpy down". I have lost some OTTish skills in the basement.)
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:54 am UTC

svenman wrote:New Othercomic. Marginally Related for having Megan, Cueball and a tree (which may or may not know what it's doing).

Neat.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:50 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
svenman wrote:New Othercomic. Marginally Related for having Megan, Cueball and a tree (which may or may not know what it's doing).

Neat.

Squirpy alert!
Spoiler:

For better molpy-hunting, I removed the dialogue, and reframed the last panel. There's still some minor earthquake going on (is the Gibraltar dam starting to collapse?), but despite this, there might be some additional molepy activity to Cueball's right.
RSIR:
Spoiler:
1978_molpyhunting.gif
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Megan wrote:

Neat.

Squirpy alert!
Spoiler:

For better molpy-hunting, I removed the dialogue, and reframed the last panel. There's still some minor earthquake going on (is the Gibraltar dam starting to collapse?), but despite this, there might be some additional molepy activity to Cueball's right.
RSIR:
Spoiler:
1978_molpyhunting.gif
"earthquake" - Probably GLR drew each frame at least partially independently.
Nice to see molpy activity outside Time.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:46 am UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:22 pm UTC

[Another message from the past appears.]

GnomeAnne wrote:While Moody did allude to it's treeish OTTishness, I don't think Friday's OtherComic got a link, so I'll put one here for the sake of completeness:
Newish OtherComic

Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Based on https://xkcd.com/1947 and https://xkcd.com/1190 by Randall Munroe, published under CC-BY-NC 2.5,
images combined, text modified.

Redundant: http://www.peter.gerwinski.de/ott/starr ... sky.xcf.gz
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:20 am UTC

taixzo wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Thanks, b! I found them as well. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them to work. I installed Python, and it said that I installed pygame as well, but then it said it couldn't find pygame, or something. Curse my lack of <computery stuff> knowledge!

This may make it a bit simpler: I compiled it into an app package using py2app. You should be able to just double-click it to launch it like any other Mac app.

molpyup.zip

Another example of both the talents and the generosity of OTTers. Thank you taixzo! I am now happily MolpyingWayUp.Badly, but happily. :D Steakish hotdog, Sustainabilizer, and awesomeful ottification! At first I couldn't figure out what you did. :)

And steakish molpy-huntung, Zooman! I'll assume that there is another molpy to the right of the frame, just because I always prefer there to be molpies.

mikrit wrote:OK, bedtime for me. Cheerio. (Sorry, I mean "molpy down". I have lost some OTTish skills in the basement.)

No worries. I'm sure both molpies and OTTers like Cheerios.

Oh, hey, bsta!

Hm, you can almost see something behind the noise. Should we be trying to uncover what it is, or should we be Waiting for It?

Speaking of waiting for it, didn't taixzo allude to coming attractions?

Edited to fix mis-attribution.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np554

Postby mscha » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 am UTC

STAMPUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:NEVER SEND TO KNOW FOR WHOM THE CAKE PUNSAWS; IT PUNSAWS FOR THEE

-- posted by oldpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:22 am UTC

Make that scaffolding sturdy, Cuegan. You never know what you might need it for...

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

karhell

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np554

Postby karhell » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:44 pm UTC

LEGUNGDARY NEWPIX...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

SilentTimer

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 pm UTC

FoundUNG Image ... ninja'd! Image
Spoiler:

Wait for it.

EstimatUNG ...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

ETOttify:
Spoiler:
The past is big. The present is small. The future is pretty cool.

Redundant:
the-past-is-big.png
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:41 pm UTC

:azule: Brilliant ottification, SilenTimer!

Yes, karhell, legendary indeed!! We get to see the Most Holy Text. The River is Small!

Edited to add another comment.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:05 am UTC

I just realised it's 12 dips past the beginning of when I generally change my avatar for the madness.
There wasn't even a announcement saying we weren't having one this yip.
Wait For It.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:I just realised it's 12 dips past the beginning of when I generally change my avatar for the madness.
There wasn't even a announcement saying we weren't having one this yip.

Oh, right, I hadn't even thought about the fact that it was that time of yip. I guess the mods have decided not to do it anymore, and just figured they wouldn't say anything and hope no one notices. Or maybe they're trying to lull us into a false sense of security...

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np576

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:10 am UTC

QUICKENUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by iisjreg.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:PUT TREBUCHAT ON HEAD

-- posted by oldpixbot

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:09 am UTC

I've removed some of the static from the latest bsta frame.
Spoilered in case you want to
Spoiler:

Redundant:
bsta-000208.gif

bsta.png

I think it looks like a person using a lapsand at a desk.
Wait For It.

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time" "Pants"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:29 pm UTC

I may have mentioned playing a card based hotdog with my family called Bring Your Own Book, which involves looking in a book for words which match a prompt. We played again tonip and one particularly notable (and RELATED) prompt was "A sentence which sounds funnier if you replace a word with 'pants'."
This of course lead to a zanclean amount of silliness which somehow **nded up with me locked outside the house with my dad, holding a seaish pile of pants.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:25 pm UTC

Treeish ottification, SilentTimer!
Steakish demustarding, GnomeAnne!

New OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:31 pm UTC

I so totally agree with GLR re: todip's Othercomic.

ED, I have to remember that game. I know just the group of people to play it with. In my pants.

Thanks for the dem*starding, GnomeAnne!
Spoiler:
Realized I should spoiler this since GnomeAnne spoilered the demustarding.

I don't see the person withe the lapsand. Not sure what it is I see.

I could never get those Magic Eye pictures either. :(

Edited to spoilerize.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
Spoiler:
I dont see the person with the the lapsand. Not sure what it is I see.

Spoiler:
Yeah, it's still pretty blurry.
It might be a map, the light coloured rectangle at the top could be a field, the brown could be populated areas, and the white/blue could be water.
I've changed my mind.
The person is sitting at a table, there's the back of a chair visible above the far end of the table, and someone just at the left edge of the picture is watching the sanduser

Edited to spoiler the spoilers

I've never had Turkish delight. My slightly younger brother loves it.
Wait For It.

addams

Re: 1190: "Time" "Pants"

Postby addams » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:20 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I may have mentioned playing a card based hotdog with my family called Bring Your Own Book, which involves looking in a book for words which match a prompt. We played again tonip and one particularly notable (and RELATED) prompt was "A sentence which sounds funnier if you replace a word with 'pants'."
This of course lead to a zanclean amount of silliness which somehow **nded up with me locked outside the house with my dad, holding a seaish pile of pants.
You tell a Good Story.
Happy Friday 13 to one and all!
Spoiler:
Back under my Rock.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:29 am UTC

addams wrote:

ADDAMS!
Hi.
Wait For It.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”