1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: BRACE YOURSELF, WOWTERFALLISHNESS IS COMING

Postby mscha » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:48 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Anyway, Tweeti Room was to share its building with a restaurant and a couple shops, so I think Jigsaw Hut would use some of that space. You'll have to let us know why it's only open on wipends. (Can puzzles be played in The OTTityland Arcade on other dips?)

Because jigsaw puzzles are traditionally posted in the OTT on wipends?
Fine with me to deviate from the old traditions for commercial reasons, though. :)

ETA: Image Continue expanding the theme park.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0373

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 am UTC

WOOONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

VWVgUmJeRltaVkxETEVCS0M7TmBdRTw1OjU1SDlCKScnKy0wMy4xNC0oIh0bMz5COzMsVVlTGB4kNUxLRk9SGiEoMRYnSyU7ETEvJycaFhcZOlNUMmdqJzxCHQ0gXFJJHT1BPFBNJ1hZNE9RVk0uQjctMiwQTUUEbVkSCQgIFxIMRTkORFNNEg4LeGQOWEwSVEoHhGwSUkc+JkdJJRgOZVpSaVsIWBtBShg3WCVDa1wwblxHRw0xYlZNTyg2YiZHVBg8DhIVKDg7DQ4SbGJZMUI9Gzg8HSIWjXMTdmxkHkNFP4CGRoyTg20HiHMskXoRiXMLdGRPinpjboB1hXVY.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:34 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
And ggh, I went back and forth between "the internets" and "my internets." I decided to go the more personal route, although it does mean mrob got fewer internets. Sorry, mrob! Of course, I can't really be giving away other peoples internets, so I guess that's all right.

I think it is either the internet, or my internets.
Don't know why, but that's how I've seen it.

I did not go to space today, but I did go to where things leave for space. Up Goer Five is really, really big.

Gift shops of course. Selling bags, and steam bottles, and panther salve, ...
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:27 am UTC

How commercial should we get?

Hi svenman and thanks. :)

lmjb1964 wrote:And now I must try to excavate some of the surfaces in my house that have gotten covered with stuff. It could take a while. :(
Do you find yourself thinking of VHF when you do that? Yesterday, whilst dumping baking soda onto stuff in the redundant and oft-neglected mini-sink next to the main kitchen sink, I caught myself wondering if "Unintended Ecosystem" would make a better name for a concept album or an unauthorised biography.

redundant:
Spoiler:
kelloggsTimeWorld.jpg

ETA:
SBN wrote:I think it is either the internet, or my internets.
Don't know why, but that's how I've seen it.

Ah - That makes sense!

I have never seen an upgoer. Sounds awesomeful!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mrob27

MY ONGTHEMOON BRINGS ALL THE PHONESAWS TO OTTITYLAND

Postby mrob27 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:15 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:"You just won the (insert championship game here)! What are you going to do now?"
"I'm going to Time WorldTW!"

TWTime World

FTFY :mrgreen: Anyway, wonderful idea.

Eternal Density wrote:Oh dear!

Yes, King Idle is playing Sandcastle Builder, and it appears he may have finally met his match. (Reminder: The story so far can be read here; this story starts at the title "The Challenge of King Idle" and the current segment of the story starts with "At last the day came when their work was completed…".)

@mscha: Oh, that makes sense. I think OTT puzzles are done on weekends because that's when most of us have free time. But if you're at a theme park, you're on holiday ("vacation"). Since theme parks are a sort of "every day is fun day" kind of place, I think Puzzle Hut would be open all the time.

ggh wrote:How commercial should we get?
Spoiler:

:lol: I think that's about right. Great logo!

mrob27 Image

Time After Time: t-1_0374
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0374 at 20151116 04:14:07 UTC = newpix 23305.24
ICE CREAM HANIAM TREBUCHAT FLUTTERBEEWONGISH PRICKLYMOLP
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UmJeT2BdVkxETEVCGiEoGB4lKScnMi4xOjY1SThCNT1CRTw1bmpkS0I7Ki0wNUxKIh4bFhcZWFhVRltaL0I+Q1JMJzc7EjAxMGZoSyQ7MhUoHQ0gOlNVOzMsNC0oPVBNXFJJJjxCNE5RJ1lZVUwuRjoPWEwSEg4LJRYQbVoSFxIMaVoJQjctMiwPVEoHhGwSJkdJJyYbaFkvUCg2CAgId2QNWCVDdmMuhnEtShg3SA0yWBxBVBg8Ukc+YlZNYiVHDhIVZVpSbltHYBk-bGJZHT1BDQ4SGzc8HUA-HSIWg20HjXMTc2RPTUUEknoRP4CGRoyTHkNEiXMLfoBtiHdd.png
ENHANCE!
— lovingly converted from RHTF by makepost

"Yes." I don't think she's dictating (yet). But she was moving her arms around in a somewhat purposeful manner, whilst looking straight towards us, and now the mirror is "bright". I think she was directing the aiming of the heliograph, and "Yes." means now it is aimed properly.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1415

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:00 am UTC

THIS IS WHAT THE FIRST PART OF UNGING OTCOLORISATION LOOKS LIKE. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
The end.

Did you notice …
… the SWIRLONG? And the 5000?
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:27 am UTC

New OtherComic.
Spoiler:
Hi Corinne! :D
ETA OTThercomic:
Spoiler:
Redundant:
Spoiler:
1604_ott.png
1604_ott.png (30.35 KiB) Viewed 6759 times
RedundaCorinne.png
RedundaCorinne.png (4.87 KiB) Viewed 6759 times
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:48 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0375

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:30 am UTC

SITTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UmFeT2BdV1hVTEVCS0I7RTw1My4xGiEoGB4lKS0wOjY1KScnIh4bFhcZSTlBMz1CNEtKQ1JMR1taLkM+VkxEdGxkGi03DDEtFBUhOlNUMGZoMRYnSyQ7XFJJPVBNNE9RJlhZMy4PU0oHWU0RWE0uFxIMEg4LaVoJKCcbJRgObFkSd2QNJjY7Ukc9OzMshGwSRjkONC0oCAgIJjxCbVwuHiEUShg3WBtCWCVDSA0xVRg8JkdJQjctTyc2YiVHZVpSYlZNbVtIHVBPDQ0SGzY8DhIVGkE+HkJEjXMTbGJYTUUERoyTP4CGg20HHT1BiXMLiHMukXoQdGRPiHhddoBx.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0376

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

ZWONGLIANISM...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UmFdT2BdTVZSTEVCS0I7RTw2GiEoGB4lKScnTDVCOjY1R1taKS0xVkxELUM+ND1CNEtKMy4xMy0oIh4bDRsidGxkMhQoJjY8Gi03Ukc+FhcZXFJJM2lsOlNUNE5RJjxCNVNRQjctMy0ORjkOaVoJWE0tFxIMEg4KWU0QH1NTJkdIJyYbhGwSd2QObFkSTSY5aFgwblxISRg3WBxBSA0xWCVDVBg8YlZNYiVHZVpSFQwVYBQ9HkJEOzMsJRcOCAgICw4RGzU8DRIWDDQvG0A+jHMTU0oHbGJZP4CGHSEURoyTTUUEiXMLHT1BdWMuh3Etg20HdGRPkXkRe4BwiHhe.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

IT'S MANIPS ALL THE WAY DOWN.

Postby mrob27 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:58 pm UTC

Hmmm… mirror is gray again. Perhaps the message is starting and we're going to see Beanish telegraph code?

I am entirely failing to find a suitable cake for @SilentTimer. Anyway, Image Image 1000! Image

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:07 pm UTC

How 'bout this?

Treeish OTTercomic Zooman!

More old ketchup:

SilentTimer wrote:Environment
  • White donkeys. Mouflons. Characteristic plants.
Those plants have been driving me nuts. These, the tall ones on the right:
What are they?

SilentTimer wrote:Prologue
  • Several animals cross the camera view from left to right, for example a piebald donkey.
Wait, what?

Wow, SBN - those Hallowe'en costumes for your wolpies - I wish I could have seen them in person! Did they get lots of good treats?

Y'know, I felt a little sheepish bringing up the rugby; it didn't seem very RELATED. But then, the next day in the paper, I read an article that proclaimed that the All Blacks captain is the GOAT. Me of little faith - now I feel sheepish that I ever doubted the power of RELATEDness.

Nice bot, balthasar! Looking at a photo, I say that in a tone of gleeful appreciation. If I were in a room, and a little bot rolled up to me with those sharp pliers on the front, I would be saying, "nice bot, nice bot" with an entirely different inflection.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0377

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

APPETIZONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UmFdR1taTlZSTEVCS0I7RTw2VkxEOjY1GB4lGiEoSjVCMy0oMi4xOzMsNTxCKS0xKScnT2BdNEtKGiw2JTY8Ih4bdmxkEBgiLEI+KCYbNBQpXFJJMmdpDDQwOlNUNE5RM1RSUkc9QjctMy4NRjoNWU0SFxIMEg4LU0oHZ1gzFhcZbFkSJRcOJkZIaVsJd2ULhGwSeGQQV0wuSyQ7WCVDWBxCSA0xShg3YiZHVRg8FQwVJjxCYlZNZVpSTyk1bFpIHlFQCw0RHT1BCAgIDRIWGzU8G0E+kXkQjHMTcWNTHSIQRo2TiXMLP4CHTUUEdWMwHkJEh3Isg20HiHhecIB0.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

YOUR GOAT'S MUSTARDY AND YOU SHOULD FEEL ZANCLEAN

Postby mrob27 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:12 pm UTC

ggh wrote:How 'bout this?

A young Matthew McConaughey? Not Neil Patrick Harris… maybe Robert Patrick? (with a photo of a 6-colour rainbow cake to make me think of Neil Patrick Harris :D ) … Oh, I found it! T-1000. RELATED because of the "1000" and "T" for "Timer", perhaps. I never saw the Terminator films. In 1984 and 1991, they would have frightened me too much. I suppose I could watch it now, it's probably pretty tame compared to the stuff they're making now. I'll just read the parents' guide first.

ETA: Wow, that's quite a detailed plot synopsis. Apparently botcastles get destroyed, that's kind of e**ish…

[…] the next day in the paper, I read an article that proclaimed that the All Blacks captain is the GOAT. […]

I cannot read the story (at www.stuff.co.nz), because I get an error (502 Bad Gateway). Please provide an actual RELATED excerpt from the article title or text. (I did find one tweet, but it is unhelpful):
Norbert Lee @njl35 - Oct 31
Regardless of the #RWC2015 final, @AllBlacks Richie McCaw bows out as rugby's true #GOAT. @WorldRugbyWC #NZLvAUS

mrob27 Image

ETA: I found only one use of the hashtag #MolpyUp on Twitter. One of us?

ETA2: Ch*rping Zanclean Google! I'm still trying to find the mysterious Richie McCaw article, and now I'm getting this post in the search results! :shock: How long did that take, a decinewpix?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:17 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
Wow, SBN - those Hallowe'en costumes for your wolpies - I wish I could have seen them in person! Did they get lots of good treats?

Of course.

mrob27 wrote:
[…] the next day in the paper, I read an article that proclaimed that the All Blacks captain is the GOAT. […]

I cannot read the story (at www.stuff.co.nz), because I get an error (502 Bad Gateway). Please provide an actual RELATED excerpt from the article title or text. (I did find one tweet, but it is unhelpful):
Norbert Lee @njl35 - Oct 31
Regardless of the #RWC2015 final, @AllBlacks Richie McCaw bows out as rugby's true #GOAT. @WorldRugbyWC #NZLvAUS

The link works for me. Here's the start of the article:

All Blacks skipper Richie McCaw bows out as rugby's true GOAT
MARC HINTON
Last updated 22:00, October 31 2015

OPINION: They say it's impossible to evaluate eras, or to apply a measuring tape to true greatness. They say there's no definitive way to compare apples and oranges, let alone flankers and wingers. They say all judgments are subjective, and cannot, by definition, be definitive. They have certainly never met Richard Hugh McCaw, the GOAT.

GOAT? You proclaim. What next? The All Blacks captain, in this week of weeks, has already been labelled a grub prior to the World Cup final by one Aussie media organisation clearly taking the trans-Tasman rivalry beyond the realms of decency. And now a goat?

No, no, no. Not a goat. The GOAT. As in Greatest Of All Time. As in Michael Jordan. As in Pele. As in Roger Federer. As in Donald Bradman. As in Muhammad Ali. As in Jack Nicklaus. As in ... you get the picture.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Febrion

Re: YOUR GOAT'S MUSTARDY AND YOU SHOULD FEEL ZANCLEAN

Postby Febrion » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:19 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:<snip>
I never saw the Terminator films. In 1984 and 1991, they would have frightened me too much. I suppose I could watch it now, it's probably pretty tame compared to the stuff they're making now. I'll just read the parents' guide first.

ETA: Wow, that's quite a detailed plot synopsis. Apparently botcastles get destroyed, that's kind of e**ish…
</snip>

An [outdated but still seaish] baobish link about the time travel mechanics in the T1190erminator movies10

time"T" is for "Time Travel", that's good enough for meC
CookieNot the programming language
37"Blue bank" is not a footballhandegg team
americannot soccer
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0378

Postby mscha » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

BILLONGSGATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdR1tZT1dTTEVCS0I7RTw2KC0xFx4lGiEoMy4xOjY1NDxCTDZCMy0oKScnT2BdVkxENEpKIh4bJTY8c2tkDRwiFhcZJyYbLEI+OlNUGSw2XFJJMmhrUkc9MFVTNE5RMy4NRToNWEwREg4KJBYOemQROzMsHiEPTUUEaVoJhGwSWU0uJkZIcV4RU0oHJjxCalgSShg3NBQpFxMMTSY5SA0xWBxCVBg8QzctWCVDYlZNYiVHZVpSFQ0VYBc-bVpIHT1BCw4RCAgIDRIWZ1c0DDMvGUA+HUJEdGMLjXMTbGJZRo2TP4CGGzY8dmMvhnAJiXMLc2RPh3IsiHhdbYB0.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:26 pm UTC

Nooooo! I JUST logged in! Why did it log me out after I finished writing my complicated post, but before posting it? Why don't I learn to do my posts another way? Whhhyyyyy? :cry:

FYFM

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:44 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Y'know, I felt a little goatish bringing up the rugby; it didn't seem very RELATED. But then, the next day in the paper, I read an article that proclaimed that the All Blacks captain is the GOAT. Me of little faith - now I feel goatish that I ever doubted the power of RELATEDness.
FTFY

Nice bot, balthasar! Looking at a photo, I say that in a tone of gleeful appreciation. If I were in a room, and a little bot rolled up to me with those sharp pliers on the front, I would be saying, "nice bot, nice bot" with an entirely different inflection.

:azule:

Who knew Kellogg was so far ahead on the whole Time World thing? :shock:

Thanks for the linkF to the TerminatorE timeline discussion.B

FNo, not the Link.
EExcellent movies, I thought, at least the first two.
BBut I had a hard time following it.R
RReally--I get confused reading things like that.I
I I blame it on my ADD.O
OOr maybe on my ADOS--Attention Deficit--ooh, shiny!N
NNo, I didn't make that up.:D
:D :D

ETA Oops. Sorry for the double post. I thought I had edited my first post. :roll:

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:47 pm UTC

What's this? My theme park enthusiast senses are tingling... I sense discussion of theme parks is happening! It's coming from this way... down this long corridor... through this tunnel... the tunnel's starting to climb... I see a light at the end! Could this be a way out of the basement at long last?

Ch*rping m*stard! It comes out right in the present OTT! My theme park enthusiast senses never fail me, indeed a Time theme park is being discussed!

@ggh: so Time World is going to be a Merlin park? So presumably it will have half-assed theming, overgrown foliage and mediocre operations? (Kidding... sort of... I do have a big soft spot for Merlin parks because they are the best we have here in the UK, though that's not saying much as the UK's theme park game is so weak compared to Europe and the USA... but I have visited the three main Merlin parks this year and had awesome times.)

@mrob: Zanclean Escape sounds like a health and safety nightmare, but amphibious rollercoasters that go ON water (though not under it) do exist! (Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld, Poseidon at Europa Park...) so we can get in touch with Mack Rides to help develop that one! Love the Molpy Safari idea too.

Speaking of Mack Rides, let's have a Mack launch coaster like Helix at Liseberg. Just because they're awesome. It can be called "RUN!" It'll start in a station themed to the Chateau d'If, then shoot off around the surrounding hills.

Would there be a ride where you stand in the queue for ages but at the end there isn't even a ride and you just come out the exit? It'd be called "The First Commandment". (Well maybe there wouldn't be nothing at the end - there would just be a huge sign that says "IT".)

Also, let's get a B&M dive coaster like Oblivion at Alton Towers called "Mission: Basement". The idea is that riders are OTTers on a mission to save people from the basement and bring them back, and they plunge vertically down into the dark basement before pulling out the other side.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mrob27

AH! CURSE YOUR WOWTERFALLISH BUT INEVITABLE OTCOLORISATION!

Postby mrob27 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:26 am UTC

Thanks for the background on your world-class rugby captain, @SBN! For some reason, I was able to read the original article only after you posted. Epsilon.ε

@Febrion, That is a fun site and of course very RELATED. I read it and got a little disappointed, however. I've always thought that the 2002 movie reboot of The Time Machine by H.G. Wells dealt with "infinity loops" and other time-travel paradoxes better than any other approach. (Briefly, acto Wikipedia, "The Morlock explains that Alexander cannot alter Emma's fate because her death is what drove him to build the time machine in the first place: saving her would create a temporal paradox."). If Terminator's plot had been done that way, then the story could have been a lot more pure:
In an alternate timeline, Cameron and Hurd wrote:John Conner causes a lot of m*stard that ch*rps up Skynet's homicidal ambitions, so Skynet sends the Terminator back to kill Sarah Conner. The Terminator does so, and yet does not cease to exist. "Ah-ha! I got the wrong Sarah Conner," it thinks, and commences to hunt down other Sarah Conners. After repeated frustration following this strategy, then tracking DNA to go after the father, and then the child, and then thinking "John Conner" was adopted or was a test-tube baby or a robot in a silicone bodysuit, finally Morgan Freeman shows up to explain to the Terminator that it can't ever prevent the m*stard that ch*rps up Skynet, because if it did ever do so, it wouldn't have been sent back in time. Terminator returns to the future or does whatever the ch*rp it wants to, and it doesn't matter because the war will happen anyway. (A lot of fun movies can still be made on that premise.)

Much simpler, no new reasons for Skynet to send Terminator back, no sawtooth snaps, etc. Oh, well. :roll:

@yappobiscuits! Yay! Image We need you to help with music for rides and other attractions, adverts, the Molp Molp Revolution hotdog for The OTTityland Arcade, and all manner of other things for Time World.
  I don't know much about Merlin, but they're connected to LEGOLAND and Madame Tussauds in some way so they can't be all that bad. I hope they didn't ruin it. Also, I'm fairly disappointed they didn't put the Harry Potter park in Britain somewhere. I guess Universal must have really pulled out all the stops, as they aren't even the studio that did the films.

Zanclean Escape sounds like a health and safety nightmare, but amphibious rollercoasters that go ON water (though not under it) do exist!

Remember the tagline of Time World: It doesn't have to make sense to be fun! I don't know how it would work, but we get to invent it. After all, Bikeway to Botopia goes through a wormhole to avoid having to cross the backstage access road — so it's not like we're being totally realistic here :D More replies later…

lmjb1964 wrote:FNo, not the Link.
RReally—I get confused reading things like that.I
I I blame it on my ADD.O
OOr maybe on my ADOS—Attention Deficit—ooh, shiny!N

Treeish! Is that our first footnote-based acrostic?

mrob27 Image

(Warning: that one is NSFW, so if you Google it, don't say I didn't warn you)

ETA:
Time After Time: t-1_0379
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0379 at 20151117 00:27:42 UTC = newpix 23325.46
PUSH BUTTONG, RECEIVE FOOTNOTES
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdR1tZTldTTEVCRTw2S0I8TDZCGiEoFx4lVkxEOjY1KScmKC0xMy0xMz1DMy0oT2BdNEpKIh4bJyYbFhcZDhsjXFJJLEI+GSw2YlZNOlNUL2VnJTU8Ukc9LlVUNE5RV0wuQjctOzMsFxIMMy4NWEwTCAgIEg4LalgSRjoOaFgwVEoHhGwScl8QemQRSyQ7JRcOShg3SA0xWBtBNBQpVBg8WCVDTyg2YiVHFAwVJjxCZVpSa1hJH1NSJkZICw4RHT1BDRIWHUJEGzY8GUE+aVoJjHMTdGMMcmtkcWNSHCEPRouSP4CGCzMvhnAJdmMyTUUEh3EpiXMLiHhdb4B0.png
ENHANCE!

Edit2: oops, wrong ONG :oops:
Edit3: skipper → captain
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0000

Postby SilentTimer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:00 am UTC

1000 Posts
and
2nd t1iversary

Time for a
Present Present

I WAITED TWO YIPS FOR ONE DARKENUNG PIXEL. -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the story?
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

mrob27

BUFFYHATTED DIPS ARE _SUPERIOR_

Postby mrob27 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:08 am UTC

@SilentTimer, you had me laughing, and even before you started turning pages. :lol: You OTTers are great!

@yappobiscuits: Perhaps actually putting people underwater isn't very molpish. But how about if we make them put on SCUBA gear, so they think they're going underwater, but the ride actually passes through clear (glass/Perspex/whatever) tubes whilst below water. Maybe they get sprayed a bit once or twice and the ride puts on the brakes while still pointing downwards. With mist, spashing and gurgling, bubbles on the outside of the glass, etc. it would seem pretty realistic. To enhance the deception, while waiting in the queue you can see what looks like a part of the coaster, and every 30 seconds there is a set of cars holding what seem to be riders and clearly diving down into the water, but it's in the distance, and what you don't realise is that it's just an elaborate animated set piece.
  RUN! sounds great. Perhaps it stays near the ground but the terrain has a lot of ups and downs? That could be pretty intense. But the inverted parts of Helix look cool, too. There's already a Dark ride, as yet undesignedS, inside the Chateau d'If, but it's certainly big enough to also house the station building for a coaster. Chateau d'If is huge — it's the "weenie" (visual magnet) for the whole northern area of the park.
  The First Commandment sounds great too. :twisted: It doesn't have to make sense to be fun! As in any real amusement park, we can make a memorable experience out of waiting on queue by giving people lots to do whilst they're waiting. So the guests in The First Commandment are encouraged to write poetry, make up songs, draw things (plenty of paper and crayons are providedH), and most of all come up with as many wild and mutually-contradictory theories as possible to explain a series of images that are slowly revealed on monitors mounted overhead. (If you have BlitzPass or OTTerPass, and if you want to do this attraction again, you are directed to skip part of the queue as usual, but they also put you in a spot that ensures you'll see new frames that you didn't see the previous time).
  Everything that transpires is live-blogged, and at the end of the queue you get a transcript (with audio and pictures for an extra fee) of everything that happened during the time you spent Waiting. I think it'd be like the OTTercon after-party. The First Commandment might end up being the most-loved attraction of the whole park! :D
  It's funny you mention a basement…
  The Bikeway is more visible from Botopia (because it more closely matches the theme) so the guests who take the Bikeway to OTTityland tend to outnumber those who take it the other way (Bikeway to Botopia). This means more bikes are turned in at the OTTityland end of the Bikeway. (Redundabikes!) The bike cleaners shuttle these extra redundabikes back to Botopia on a driverless railway that goes through the park's network of "underground" corridors.
  The park designers wanted to avoid having a basement, because that would't be very molpish. So rather than putting the corridors, botcastle-farms, cafeteria, staff locker rooms, and other "backstage" areas underground, these were all built as a normal building, and then the attractions, landscaping, etc. were put on top of them. Everything you see is 3 to 7 q higher than the original ground level. This fits in with the overall park design because the raft ride, Wowterfall, Chateau d'If, etc. all need to be somewhat higher than lake-level anywayD.
  … Uhh, what were we walking about? Oh yeah.
  Mission: Basement sounds great. I don't know how well this would work, but I think the launch and descent could be like Oblivion, and then you'd really be underground (i.e. actually below the service corridors), but the ride would continue underground (rather than popping back up the way Oblivion does). After some scary careening around in the near dark (like Eurosat or Space Mountain) you'd screech to a stop in front of a formidable pile of boulders and rubble. Dead end! What do we do now? Then whatever (character interaction) happens, and you'd start to leave — but the gimmick is that the ride backs up and takes a different track out from the one it took in (Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom). The experience of suddenly being pulled backwards in a dark basement would be pretty powerful. While going backwards, the ride is bumpy and you go even further down into a sub-basement. But then the train stops again with a thud!, there is more character interaction, and then you move forward, again taking a new track, while you hear OTTers and molpish songs in the distance. You move towards the light, and gently but confidently rise back out, above both levels of basements and the unseen service level, and triumphantly arrive at the station amidst cupcakes, music and cheers. The exit goes through a gift shop where you can buy "I Unbasemented!" T-shirts and Summoning Circle kits.

mrob27 Image

SI guess I think of it as It's a Short Wait (After All) but anything with OTTio-Molpibotronics and good music would be wowterful. Perhaps it's programmed to play a sequence of different songs.
HAnd felt, 2-sided velcro, feathers, etc. for making hats!
DHere I was obviously inspired by the Disney utilidor system, which was built above original grade for an entirely different reason: the Florida site has a water table that is so close to ground level that any basement would be flooded! So nomolpy would even consider having a basement, much less going down into one. Pretty OTTish, huh? :)

Also, ONG:
Time After Time: t-1_0380
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0380 at 20151117 04:07:48 UTC = newpix 23329.13
GATORRAPTORS? WE DON'GT NEED NO STINKIN' GATORRAPTORS.
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdR1tZVkxETEVCS0I7RTw2TDRCOjY1GiEoFx4lKScmKC0xNEpKMy0xMy0oND1DIh4bT1hUT2BcLUI+QzctFhcZXFJJOlNUcWxlDRsiJTU8GSs2L2ZoNE5RVkwtMy4NRTkNJyYbFxIMemQRKzAmEQ4KdGMLLlVUVEoHalgTJkZITUUEhGwSWU0SUkc9aVoJSyQ6Shg3bVwwWCVDSA4xWBxCNBQpVBg8OzMsYiVHFAwVYlZNZVpSJjxCUCc3HlFQJRYPHUJEHT1BCw4RCAgIDRIWCzMvG0E+jXMTGzY8HiEOcWNTP4CGRo2Ucl8QhnAJb15HhXAwiXMLiXhaZH92.png
ENHANCE!
Last edited by mrob27 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:51 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

fatness

Postby fatness » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:40 am UTC

*wakes up*

*rubs eyes*

YAWN

*drifts off to sleep for another yip*

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:53 am UTC

Welcome back Rip Van Fatness. Are the cots down in the basement really comfortable enough to sleep in for a full year?

By the way, if you do want to take a break from hibernation, there's some awesomeful stuff going on in the OTT.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0381

Postby mscha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:30 am UTC

SPONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdVVtYT2BcTEVCS0I8RTw2GiEoFx4lMi4xOjY1KScmKS0xTDVCMy0oKkI+OzMsGCs2NEpKRFFMNDxCIh4bKCYbR1tZVkxEFhcZDBsiQzctXFJJOlNUJTU8MWZoUkc9NE5RL1ZUNC8NRToNaVsJCAgIEg4Kcl4QVksualgSFxMMJRcOJjxCd2MOTUUEV0sThGwSSyQ7Shg3WBtCMxUpeGQuSA0xWCVDTyg2ZVpSYlZNYidHFAwVVBg8Z1gzHlJRbVtJJkZICw4RDRIWHUJEGkA+U0oHHSEOGzY8iXMLjXMTdWtjcWNSP4KHRo2UCzQvHD1Bh3IwhnAJiHdbcH9x.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0382

Postby mscha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

LONGUOROUSNESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdT2BcUFhVTEVCS0I8VkxEKScnFx4lGiEoKS0xMy4xOjY1My0oTDdCND1CRTw2NEpKQjctJTU8Ih0bR1tZLEI+FhcZNE5RDBsiGCs1OlNUUkc9L2ZoJjxCLVZWXFJJMy4OTUUEWUwSVkstCw4RFQ0UU0kHEg4LFxIMRToNaFgxa1kScV8QaVsJeWQRhGwSdGMLOzMsJRcOSiQ7Shg4NBMpWBxCSA4xdWMwWCVDVBg8YlZNYiVHZVpSTyg1bltHJkZIH1FRDRIWJyUbCAgIGzY8HUJEHD1BG0A+jXMTHiEKiXMLcmpjcWNTDDQvP4CGRoyThnAJhnEsiHdab4By.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Re: BRACE YOURSELF, WOWTERFALLISHNESS IS COMING

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:45 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:

la Petite and
        ↑                   Bluecave                LBB's Playful
     ↖            Lucky                              Adventures
   ↖    Molpy-    Attack!            * o o o o o o o          B i k e
      land                                          o o o o o o o     w
 ←  Safari              \                                         o o   a
                         `      OTTityland      /                     o  y
                           \                   '                        o
                            `                /                           o
           Molpyland         \              '                            o
                              `           /             Botopia          o
                                Chateau  '                               o
                 ..        ..''   d'If                                  o
  Wow-         .'  '..   .'e                                           *
   ter-        '.     '''d        Ma-
    fall         '.    i           in         Sustaina-     
          ...      : R            Str-         bility
       ..'   '....'                eet         Centre
      :  R a f t                  ᘝᓄ-                         Zanclean
       '...                        ᘈᖉᐣ                         Escape
           ''..        ==========[####]=====OTToRail===========
               '.======                                        =======
            =====          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~     ==
         ===    '.       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~~~       =
      ===         ''.....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~           =
    ==                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~              =
 B =     ~~~~~~       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             =
 E~=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         =
 R~=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       =
 M =  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MeditemporaneouSea³~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        =
  =      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        =
  =        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         =
   =           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          =
  [#]Morrocan   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       to
  [#]Bermview       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    hotels

Looks good, although I won't be going in the bluecave.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np327

Postby mscha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 pm UTC

STRONGTHENER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MY NAME IS 7 OTTERS IN A BAR, YIP OF YIPS: LOOK ON MY OINTMENT, YE ZANCLEAN, AND DELURK!

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0383

Postby mscha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

TITTERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdVFtYT2BcR1tZTEVCS0I8RTw2OjY1TDVCKS0xFx4lGiEoK0M+My0xKScnQzctNDxCVkxEIh4bNEpKMy0oJyYbOzMsRFFMGCs1JTU8CxshFhcZXFJJOlNUMGZoLlZVNE5RNC8NRToNVEoHbVoREg4LFxIMUkc9d2QNJRcPJjxChGwSWUwSaFkwVkwuHiEOSiQ7Shg3VxxCRw4xMxUoVRg8d2QuhnErWCVDFAwVYiVHYlZNTyg1ZVpSYBM+bFpJJkZIHD5BHVFQCw4RCAgIDRMWHUJEHEE+GzY8jXMTaVsJcWNScmxlh3dbP4CGRoySiXMLTUUECzMvhW8JbIB0.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Link

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY COMA INTO CHRONOCORP

Postby Link » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:32 pm UTC

I am loving the idea of Time World! We need to make this happen, for real!

yappobiscuits

Re: BUFFYHATTED DIPS ARE _SUPERIOR_

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:50 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I don't know much about Merlin, but they're connected to LEGOLAND and Madame Tussauds in some way so they can't be all that bad. I hope they didn't ruin it. Also, I'm fairly disappointed they didn't put the Harry Potter park in Britain somewhere. I guess Universal must have really pulled out all the stops, as they aren't even the studio that did the films.

Merlin are great, they run some really fantastic theme parks (4 in the UK and 2 in mainland Europe), we Brits just like to make fun of our own :P I just noticed ggh had modified a promotion from Merlin, suggesting Time World would be owned by them :P
mrob27 wrote:@SilentTimer, you had me laughing, and even before you started turning pages. :lol: You OTTers are great!

@yappobiscuits: Perhaps actually putting people underwater isn't very molpish. But how about if we make them put on SCUBA gear, so they think they're going underwater, but the ride actually passes through clear (glass/Perspex/whatever) tubes whilst below water. Maybe they get sprayed a bit once or twice and the ride puts on the brakes while still pointing downwards. With mist, spashing and gurgling, bubbles on the outside of the glass, etc. it would seem pretty realistic. To enhance the deception, while waiting in the queue you can see what looks like a part of the coaster, and every 30 seconds there is a set of cars holding what seem to be riders and clearly diving down into the water, but it's in the distance, and what you don't realise is that it's just an elaborate animated set piece.

A very treeish way around it!
  RUN! sounds great. Perhaps it stays near the ground but the terrain has a lot of ups and downs? That could be pretty intense. But the inverted parts of Helix look cool, too. There's already a Dark ride, as yet undesignedS, inside the Chateau d'If, but it's certainly big enough to also house the station building for a coaster. Chateau d'If is huge — it's the "weenie" (visual magnet) for the whole northern area of the park.

That's the idea, it would be a terrain coaster in that sense. What would be the theme of this dark ride?

I reckon there would be two such focal points (in the style of Disneyland's castles) in the park. At one end, the Chateau, and at the other end, Cuegan's sandcastle :D
  The First Commandment sounds great too. :twisted: It doesn't have to make sense to be fun! As in any real amusement park, we can make a memorable experience out of waiting on queue by giving people lots to do whilst they're waiting. So the guests in The First Commandment are encouraged to write poetry, make up songs, draw things (plenty of paper and crayons are providedH), and most of all come up with as many wild and mutually-contradictory theories as possible to explain a series of images that are slowly revealed on monitors mounted overhead. (If you have BlitzPass or OTTerPass, and if you want to do this attraction again, you are directed to skip part of the queue as usual, but they also put you in a spot that ensures you'll see new frames that you didn't see the previous time).
  Everything that transpires is live-blogged, and at the end of the queue you get a transcript (with audio and pictures for an extra fee) of everything that happened during the time you spent Waiting. I think it'd be like the OTTercon after-party. The First Commandment might end up being the most-loved attraction of the whole park! :D

That actually sounds awesomeful! I think the attraction would become a cult hit indeed.
  Mission: Basement sounds great. I don't know how well this would work, but I think the launch and descent could be like Oblivion, and then you'd really be underground (i.e. actually below the service corridors), but the ride would continue underground (rather than popping back up the way Oblivion does). After some scary careening around in the near dark (like Eurosat or Space Mountain) you'd screech to a stop in front of a formidable pile of boulders and rubble. Dead end! What do we do now? Then whatever (character interaction) happens, and you'd start to leave — but the gimmick is that the ride backs up and takes a different track out from the one it took in (Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom). The experience of suddenly being pulled backwards in a dark basement would be pretty powerful. While going backwards, the ride is bumpy and you go even further down into a sub-basement. But then the train stops again with a thud!, there is more character interaction, and then you move forward, again taking a new track, while you hear OTTers and molpish songs in the distance. You move towards the light, and gently but confidently rise back out, above both levels of basements and the unseen service level, and triumphantly arrive at the station amidst cupcakes, music and cheers. The exit goes through a gift shop where you can buy "I Unbasemented!" T-shirts and Summoning Circle kits.

That makes the ride a much more immersive experience, I like it!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

lmjb1964

Re: AH! CURSE YOUR WOWTERFALLISH BUT INEVITABLE OTCOLORISATI

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:14 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:FNo, not the Link.
RReally—I get confused reading things like that.I
I I blame it on my ADD.O
OOr maybe on my ADOS—Attention Deficit—ooh, shiny!N

Treeish! Is that our first footnote-based acrostic?

Considering the vast wowterfulness of the OTT, I wouldn't be surprised if it has been done already. :)

SilentTimer wrote:
1000 Posts
and
2nd t1iversary

Time for a
Present Present

I have never heard that piece played so passionately, not too mention accurately. :)

I've never actually looked at the music for 4'33". I didn't realize it changed Time signatures. That crazy John Cage!

The park is shaping up nicely. I think the Chateau d'If and It's a Short Wait After All should be separate rides. I envision the first involving walking through hallways and going down flights of stairsADA in a dark creepy castle. There would be animatronic Beanies and of course Rosetta. Maybe you have to decipher some Rosetta talk, maybe you have to steal some maps?

It's a Short Wait After All is easy to design. Lots of molpies dancing and singing to "Molpy Molpy Molpy...Grapevine Grapevine."

That Helix ride looks cool. Definitely should have that shooting out of the Chateau d'If. Oblivion looks cool too, but I wonder if the basement ride shouldn't be more like the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. You plunge in and out of the basement, and it's terrifying. Oh, just read mrob's idea for the Basement ride. That's pretty steakish.

I love the "First Commandmant" idea, with all of mrob's suggestions. But would that be enough excitement to keep people riding? I know, I know, IDHTMSTBFTM How about this for some added excitement: At some random time, near the end of the line, a big "IT" pops out, with lights and a loud sound. It would come from different places at different times, so even if you've been on it before, you won't know where to expect it. There would be a camera taking a picture at the moment It jumps out at you, which you could buy for $15 or $25, whatever. At the end, the would dump you out into a gift shop, of course.

Wow, never knew all that about the utilidors, mrob! Treeish!

Don't forget parades! Definitely need to do something like the Main Street Electrical Parade.

Neil_Boekend wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

la Petite and
        ↑                   Bluecave                LBB's Playful
     ↖            Lucky                              Adventures
   ↖    Molpy-    Attack!            * o o o o o o o          B i k e
      land                                          o o o o o o o     w
 ←  Safari              \                                         o o   a
                         `      OTTityland      /                     o  y
                           \                   '                        o
                            `                /                           o
           Molpyland         \              '                            o
                              `           /             Botopia          o
                                Chateau  '                               o
                 ..        ..''   d'If                                  o
  Wow-         .'  '..   .'e                                           *
   ter-        '.     '''d        Ma-
    fall         '.    i           in         Sustaina-     
          ...      : R            Str-         bility
       ..'   '....'                eet         Centre
      :  R a f t                  ᘝᓄ-                         Zanclean
       '...                        ᘈᖉᐣ                         Escape
           ''..        ==========[####]=====OTToRail===========
               '.======                                        =======
            =====          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~     ==
         ===    '.       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~      ~~~~~~~       =
      ===         ''.....~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~           =
    ==                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~              =
 B =     ~~~~~~       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~             =
 E~=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         =
 R~=~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       =
 M =  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MeditemporaneouSea³~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        =
  =      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~        =
  =        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~         =
   =           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~          =
  [#]Morrocan   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~       to
  [#]Bermview       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    hotels

Looks good, although I won't be going in the bluecave.

Well, it's a theme park, so there won't be real radiation. We'll probably try to sell you something at the end, though. :D

So, until one of us somehow comes into a ridiculous amount of money, I don't see this being built IRL. Can anyone build a virtual Time World?

FATNESS! Cutest.Avatar.Ever. Especially with the buffyhat. Stick around, we're having way too much fun here! (And it doesn't always make sense!)

ADAOf course including an option for wheelchair-accessibilty.
TMNo, silly, that's not a footnote.But
Butthis is: It doesn't have to make sense to be fun!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0384

Postby mscha » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

BONGALL...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdT2BcVFtYTEVCS0I8RTw2KC0yFx4lGiEoOjY1SjhCR1tZNEpKND1CLEM+VkxEKScnMy0xQ1FMJTY8My0oGCs1Ih4bOzMsDBwiSyQ7MxQoJyYbFhcZJRYOOlNUUkc9XFJJMGVoLVdWNE5RVkstQzctMy8Nd2QNEg4LFxIMLzAiRTkObFkSTUUEaVsJiXMLWEsRhGwSaFgzJjxCJkZIWBtCSRg3SA0xVBg8WCVDFQwWUCg2YlZNZVpSYidHbVtIHD5BHVBOCw0RCAgIDRMWHEE+GjY8HUJEhnAJjXMTVEoHc2xlcWNSHSISCzQvP4CGRo2UhnAtdmQwiHddYX94.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ETA by mscha: heliograph message so far: 111001001001. Anyone up for a translation?
ETA2: postninja'd by lmjb...
Last edited by mscha on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 pm UTC

Taking a break from Time World to talk about the ONGs.

It seems like the Beanies should have gone elsewhere to do their signaling. There are lots of squiggles on that seismograph and it doesn't seem safe. In fact, it looks like a doozy coming up on the right, starting at 384. But that's probably the highest point. What's Short Bean doing, I wonder? Getting a reading to transmit? Shutting it off since they already know they're ch*rped? Maybe she wants to get the scroll and take it when they RUN.

I finally noticed what Tall Beanie is doing to work the heliograph. When the handle is in the down position,the heliograph is gray; when it's up, it's white. I decided to see if there was a pattern. Starting at frame 371, which is the first frame when the handle is down and the heliograph gray, the sequence is:
GGWWWGGWGGWGGW

OK, all you sequence analyzers, GO! :)

Hm, now that I'm looking at it, maybe it should include frame 370, which would give us:
GGGWWWGGWGGWGGW

Now, we have three gray followed by three white, then a repeating pattern of GGW. Maybe the GGGWWW is a signal that says "Starting transmission from the past", and the GGW is their SOS.

Also, in the hidden ONGS, there's a piece of pasta sticking out from the bottom of the box.

Edited to fix typos, errors, omissions, and general m*stard.Clue

ClueNot to be confused with Colonel M*stard.My
My, I do seem to be on a footnote kick, don't I? I blame Febrion. :)

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:24 pm UTC

A blitzposting device!

We have a time-theme park now? :)

@All the/my internets, I and some other people instead of internets sometimes say about giving/winning half of the universe. Nobody collected their prize so far.

I like your video, SilentTimer

Today a raptor landed on my bike and tried to steal a piece of yellow insulation tape from it.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0385

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:30 am UTC

PONGENCY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdVVtYT2BcTEVCVkxES0I8RTw2OjY1GiEoFx4lKScnKC0xMi4xIh0bSThCNEpKRFFMND1CR1tZGCs1K0M+DBwiUkc9MxQpSyQ7FhcZJTU8OlNUXFJJMy0oMGZpNE5RL1ZVQzctMy8NVEoHbFkSEg4KFhIMd2QNJkZIJyYbHSIQRToNhGwSJjxCaFgyWEsRV0wuH1FRJRcOOzMsTUUEaVsJSRg3WBxCWCVDSA0xd2QvEw0VVBg8YiVHTyg1ZVpSYlZNbVpHHD5BbGJYCAgIDRIWGjY8HUJECw4RG0A+CzMujHMTcmpjdGROP4CGRo2TZ392iXMLhnAJh3ItiHdd.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0386

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:30 am UTC

SONGLEHEARTEDLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWFdVFtYT2BcRFFMTEVCS0I8RTw2GiEoFx4lKScnKC0xMy0xOjY1My0oSThCIh4bNTxCFhcZOzMsVkxENEpKR1pZKkI+DBsiGCs1JTU8TCQ7MhUoOlNUXFJJMGZoNE5RLVdWV0wvMy4OU0oHWEwSEQ4Kd2QOKDApUkc9TUUEbFkShGwSRTkNZ1gxaVsJJjxCQzctCAgIFxIMJBYOSRg3WCVDWBtBSA0xJkZIFA0VYiZHTyg1JyYbZVpSVBg8YlZNbVtHH1JRHD5BG0A9Cw4RDRIWHUJEGjY8jHMTcmxlHiIPcWNSP4CGRo2UCjQviXMLhW8Jh3IqdmQviHhdAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

HAVE TARDIS, WILL BLUENHANCE

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:10 am UTC

Hey, where'd everybody go? :(

The scene in the hiddenONGS hasn't changed for a few np. I wonder if the scene is about to change again?

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Neil_Boekend

Re: HAVE TARDIS, WILL BLUENHANCE

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:59 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Hey, where'd everybody go? :(

Sorry. I just went to the toilet for a minute.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:42 am UTC

Newpixbot just handed me a note: “Ongs delayed for a day due to sickness.” No idea where it got it from...

Get well soon, mystery author!

ETA:
lmjb1964 wrote:The scene in the hiddenONGS hasn't changed for a few np. I wonder if the scene is about to change again?

It's still changing. A bit... Camera is moving up, no sideways movement, for the last few frames.
Spoiler:
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”