1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mrob27

IF YOU :AZULE: IN BOTOPIA, YOU :AZULE: IN *REAL LIFE*!

Postby mrob27 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:10 pm UTC

I was pretty busy yesterdip. We definitely need to have an attraction themed around various Outside-ness m*stard (using the word "attraction" ironically, of course). In my experience, that's an even better fit to the classic "haunted house" attraction than a basement.

I must also share my admiration for the molpish cuteness of @fatness' avatar.

yappobiscuits wrote:I reckon there would be two such focal points (in the style of Disneyland's castles) in the park. At one end, the Chateau, and at the other end, Cuegan's sandcastle :D

We haven't discussed Cuegan's sandcastle too much yet — when you say this I visualise the Swiss Family Treehouse (because it also has platforms on levels and is a bit silly). If Cuegan's sandcastle is made at anything like realistic size, it would be too small to draw people in from across the park… but I think lots of beaches where guests can build sandcastles is a given, and Cuegan's sandcastle would naturally be a part of that.
  I've been thinking a lot about The Berm as a visual magnet, and how the Zanclean Flood (once every shortpix during park hours) would be implemented.

lmjb1964 wrote:The park is shaping up nicely. I think the Chateau d'If and It's a Short Wait After All should be separate rides. […]

That makes sense to me too. I like your ideas. Apparently the Hogwart's castle contains some interesting character interaction (in the queue as you're waiting for the ride itself). Could it be puzzle based? If you successfully figure out what Rosetta is saying, then your reply will match what it's expecting, and the interaction continues? The script would have to vary, and this would be another way for guests to win InternetsI
Also, in the hidden ONGS, there's a piece of pasta sticking out from the bottom of the box.

Yep, it's been there for a while… first spotted in remapt-1_0254.

I'll write more later, but for now:

Tell us what you would do at Time World,
whether as a guest, an employee, or both!

(Edit: I forgot to quote one bit that I was replying to)
(Edit2: to add footnote about Internets:)

IInternets are earned in various places, and can be used in lieu of Outsider money to purchase park-unique "extras", like the picture sold at the end of some rides, or the liveblogged photos/videos in The First Commandment. Perhaps even more common goods like food, if that's allowed by law (how to you pay the VAT on something bought with tokens?)
  Internets serve multiple purposes: They are an alternate currency allowing some guests, particularly children, to not have to worry about losing real money; they provide tie-ins linking one attraction to another and give guests a reason to spend more time in the park; and they provide a "sliding scale" or economic sustainability option that mitigates what would otherwise be a commercially exploitative venture that treats less-wealthy guests unfairly. Visitors would be encouraged to share/trade their Internets with others, as a way of making friends or just to "collect them all" (the tokens, resembling Pogs, are compostable and have a variety of designs depending on which attraction you won them in, with some random variation too.)
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:24 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

HES

Re: IF YOU :AZULE: IN BOTOPIA, YOU :AZULE: IN *REAL LIFE*!

Postby HES » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:47 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:

Drive the tourbus hamplyball, of course
He/Him/His Image

taixzo

Re: IF YOU :AZULE: IN BOTOPIA, YOU :AZULE: IN *REAL LIFE*!

Postby taixzo » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:21 pm UTC

HES wrote:
mrob27 wrote:

Drive the tourbus hamplyball, of course

Tourball?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mrob27

THERE'S NO SADNESS AT ESCᴏTᴀT

Postby mrob27 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:45 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Merlin are great, they run some really fantastic theme parks (4 in the UK and 2 in mainland Europe), we Brits just like to make fun of our own :P I just noticed ggh had modified a promotion from Merlin, suggesting Time World would be owned by them :P

I was thinking about that cereal box and I might have a good back-story for how Merlin got involved.
  Warner was the first to have a Harry Potter attraction, at Warner Bros. Movie World in 2001. Then Universal started doing whatever dark magic led to the big Harry Potter park in the States. But at one point, negotiations stalled and all parties had dug in their heels. The shrewd folks at Merlin came up with this offer: If you give us the rights to develop xkcd 1190 "Time", we'll accept your offer for Harry Potter. The Americans agreed, and that's how Merlin got Time World. Universal foolishly thought they had gotten the better deal. So Time World is in the UK, and of course it will be the jewel in Merlin's crown. (Hmm, that should be "the jewel in Arthur's crown"… oh well. It doesn't have to make sense to be fun!)

Neil_Boekend wrote:Looks good, although I won't be going in the bluecave.

I'm sure there are plenty of ghosts in there already… you can haunt other attractions, or lurk near the exits so people won't want to leave to the scary Outside Image

lmjb1964 wrote:I wonder if the basement ride shouldn't be more like the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. You plunge in and out of the basement, and it's terrifying.

Thanks for the link. Sadly I missed the entirety of Disney Hollywood Studios. Personal digression:
Spoiler:
I've only been once as an adult, we only had 5 days and had to do triage, which is really saying something (The first time I went, it was two hotels, a golf course, a campground, and the Magic Kingdom, and that was it! Orlando's airport was still a military base.) We ended up choosing EPCOT; Animal Kingdom; Universal (Studios + Islands of Adventure, before Harry Potter opened); Kennedy Space Center; and Magic Kingdom (in that order). We also managed to get to a waterpark and Pleasure Island.
  … oh, and it I rode on Maelstrom, which is a small version of those amphibious boat rides @yappobiscuits linked to, and also does a dual stop-and-reverse like Mission: Basement :D

Don't forget parades! Definitely need to do something like the Main Street Electrical Parade.

It seems I've never had the chance to see that one, but SpectroMagic was pretty molpish. (I have a poor-quality video, I was deliberately standing further back to let kids and families be close. The fact that I took a video of the whole thing means that I must have enjoyed it.) Parades in general are a given. We'd want something for the daytime (a nautical parade on the sea3?) and something different at night.
How about this for some added excitement: At some random time, near the end of the line, a big "IT" pops out […]

Oh, yes, @yappobiscuits said something about IT in his initial description. I didn't mean to discourage IT, I just didn't have anything to add about IT… but I think IT is a great idea! :D (IT)
Can anyone build a virtual Time World?

I hope so. Established sandbox games seem to be close to what we would need. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3D has had a sandbox mode for years, and it's close to what we'd want (example "walkthrough" video, part 2, part 3). The non-3D version of the game can do water, and it has great POV display for riding the coasters you create. But its terrain creation is almost nonexistent, and it's single-player only. I doubt its parks can be themed as much as we'd want.
  Minetest (sustainable version of Minecraft) can be expanded with custom mods, block types, database backends, etc. and is totally open-source (it's where I'm working on that P0rtalgun mod). It's multi-player and POV, which would be essential. It has most of the water features we'd want, and The Berm could be done easily with a mod that periodically creates and destroys water-source blocks. But it seems unable to do any type of vehicle more complicated than a rowboat or single-car minecart (and the latter frequently leaves the rider stuck underground); this is because of fundamental limitations of any design that permits multi-player hand-to-hand combat and also blocks client-side cheating. Of course, we don't want hand-to-hand combat, except perhaps for

Image Image Lucky Attack! Image Image

Thanks @mscha and @lmjb1964 for transcribing the Beanies' signal. If white is 1 then we'd have 000011100100100100 so far.

balthasar_s wrote:We have a time-theme park now? :)

Yes, in fact it was advertised to Blitzers a while ago, which I imagine the bots running ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ will have noticed.
I and some other people instead of internets sometimes say about giving/winning half of the universe. Nobody collected their prize so far.

I keep an extra universe or two around at all times, just in case. Those magpies are quite cunning, you have to watch out for them. They sometimes even steal maps :D

HES wrote:Drive the tourbus hamplyball, of course

Since tours of historic places and theme parks often use "trackless trains", when I saw this comment I immediately pictured a train of hamplyballs, (looking like a "string of pearls" from a distance) with you in the frontmost hamplyball. I guess they could be built the same way as the pods in London Eye. We want them to actually roll so I guess there would be two concentric shells where the outer shell rolls like a hamplyball and the inner shell stays put (so the riders don't have to run, they could sit or stand at their choosing), and of course they'd be spherical. I don't know if that makes sense (?) but it sure would be fun!

mrob27 Image

Answering my own decree: I would play the live character Mrorl on Randix/Cuegandix/Davéandix. Once ESCoTaT opens I'll play Morobu in Japan (part of Outsiders' Showcase) full-time with two understudies. Speaking of which, I have a list of live characters and where they are most often found, which I'll share next time… but feel free to suggest any you think of Image Image Image Image

Spoiler:
lucky-12fr-r2l.gif
Little raptorcat running right-to-left
lucky-12fr-r2l.gif (4.31 KiB) Viewed 6701 times

mscha

Re: THERE'S NO SADNESS AT ESCᴏTᴀT

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:04 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
HES wrote:Drive the tourbus hamplyball, of course

Since tours of historic places and theme parks often use "trackless trains", when I saw this comment I immediately pictured a train of hamplyballs, (looking like a "string of pearls" from a distance) with you in the frontmost hamplyball. I guess they could be built the same way as the pods in London Eye. We want them to actually roll so I guess there would be two concentric shells where the outer shell rolls like a hamplyball and the inner shell stays put (so the riders don't have to run, they could sit or stand at their choosing), and of course they'd be spherical. I don't know if that makes sense (?) but it sure would be fun!

I think that has been done before...

Molpies!

ETA fun fact: the word “Molposaurus” currently has 0 hits in Google. (Not for long, I bet.)
ETA 2 hours later: still 0. You're slacking, Google!
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

svenman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby svenman » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:15 pm UTC

Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

HES

Re: THERE'S NO SADNESS AT ESCᴏTᴀT

Postby HES » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:05 am UTC

Congratulations on the googlewhackblatt!
He/Him/His Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:06 am UTC

Image Ninja'd by HES! Image (But my search was quicker :wink: )

Spoiler:
mscha wrote:ETA fun fact: the word “Molposaurus” currently has 0 hits in Google. (Not for long, I bet.)
ETA 2 hours later: still 0. You're slacking, Google!

One hit now:
RSIR:
Spoiler:
Molposaurus.PNG
Molposaurus.PNG (11.35 KiB) Viewed 6536 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:19 am UTC

Molposaurus looks funny to me. Shouldn't it be Molpasaurus? Or does "y" act like a vowel enough here to make Molpysaurus okay?

These burning questions must be resolved!!!! :mrgreen:

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:29 am UTC

I just Googled it and it is spelled "Molposaurus".

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:36 am UTC

Ah, I guess I can accept that. Google is the authority on essentially everything now.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:47 am UTC

Although, instead of molpysaurus, shouldn't the original compy be used?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:58 am UTC

Molpysaurus is a junior synonym to compy, and should hence not be used. Molposaurus is a different genus (RELATED, of course).
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:01 am UTC

Ninja'd, so I edited this to account for the expertise granted by our own molpyologist.

But isn't a Molposaurus is a dinosaur version of a molpy, which is itself a mole-compy hybrid. How would you classify that taxonomically since they come from very different taxa.

mscha

Mustard alert!

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:17 am UTC

I ran my old diff script over the t-1_frames – the archived vs. live copies – and it turns out, there are several that have changed since they were originally released!

Code: Select all

xkcd_timeaftertime_20151027_0800.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
(...)
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151107_0400.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
(...)
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151109_0800.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151109_1200.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151109_1600.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151109_2000.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151110_0000.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151110_0400.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151110_0800.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151110_1200.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151110_1600.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151110_2000.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.
xkcd_timeaftertime_20151111_0000.png (MODIFIED): unchanged.

Note that for all of the above, the file contents have changed, but the pixels (of the visible image) haven't.
Which means that it's probably the hidden pics that have been demustarded.

@balthænhancer, could you perhaps check these?

Easiest way to find the ‘original’ and archived image URLs is probably by checking http://xkcd.mscha.org/timeaftertime.json.
The xkcdUrl is the ‘original’ image (which may have been demustarded by the OTA-1), the downloadedUrl is the copy archived at ONGing Time.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:43 am UTC

slinches wrote:Ninja'd, so I edited this to account for the expertise granted by our own molpyologist.

But isn't a Molposaurus is a dinosaur version of a molpy, which is itself a mole-compy hybrid. How would you classify that taxonomically since they come from very different taxa.

How I see it: A molpy is an animalH that resembles (by looks, behaviour, or pixels) a compy, but is not necessarily closely related to it. A Molposaurus in turn is a dinosaur that resembles a molpy, but is not necessarily closely related to it. It probably is closer related to the compy than to the molpy. Of course, they're all RELATED.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

mrob27

BETTER KETCHUP MY OWN MOLPISAUR

Postby mrob27 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:26 am UTC

I think The First Commandment could intertwine with a queue for an actual ride, so that people waiting for a ride would see these other people and say, "hey, look at all the fun those molpies are having!"… or maybe it would actually queue up to a ride but if you've had enough fun, you could opt to not go on the ride at the end, or you could loop around to the end of the queue and continue your First Commandment experience.
  Why would someone choose not to go on a ride after being in a long queue? I mean, apart from the fact that The First Commandment is so molpishly fun? (I'm glad you asked). Because the ride you can go on after doing The First Commandment is called "The Loopist". :shock:
  The Loopist is a 4th-order spinning ride. You sit in a little round car that spins; while the car's centre revolves around a hub shared with two other cars; while that centre revolves in a bigger "orbit" around another hub shared with two other sets of 3; a total of seven of these groups of 9 revolve around the ride's centre on the largest orbit of all. (By way of comparison, the kiddie-ride-style Teacups seen at carnivals and the Eyerly_Spider are 2nd order; the Mad Hatter's Tea Cups and Eyerly Monster are 3rd order.)

mscha wrote:ETA fun fact: the word “Molposaurus” currently has 0 hits in Google. (Not for long, I bet.)

(… engendering much discussion, including by @Whizbang, which is a bit ironic as you'll see)

Given that the first usage of molposaurus is accompanied by a picture clearly showing dinosaurs that are much larger than procompsognathus, the etymologist in me would (and I will) distinguish "molposaurus" from "molpy" and "compy", with the former specifically referring to "bigger-than-human-sized" (and perhaps even rideable) dinosaurs.
  But to address the original comment by @mscha, yes, molposaurus (and the equally likely molpasaurus, molpisaur, molpisaurus, molposaur, molpysaur, and molpysaurus, and all of their plurals) do seem to be pretty rare. Google finds this manip (by @Whizbang, OTT:1014:18) whose original filename is "Molpysaur.png". The non-canonical frame size and overlarge Megan bothered me, so I have manip'd it:
Molpysaur
based on a manip by @Whizbang, OTT:1014:18

@Whizbang, perhaps this changes your answers? :D Anyway, to encourage things a little, I have added MOLPYSAURUS (pl. MOLPISAURI) to automeme and all seven singular spellings to the OMD.

And thanks @mscha for noticing changed t-1 frames! I have archives too, which I might be able to check somehow (preferably without writing more custom software). It would be good to have a list of which frames have changed. (Maybe that's the list you provided above? But it says both "MODIFIED" and "unchanged", which seems to reflect your statement about pixels before vs. after collapsing the 85×3 colours to just three, or at least that's what I think you did, at any rate: it's ambiguous; also you have "(…)" in a couple places, which might mean some lines are left out, and you didn't say how many modified files/frames you found, and also I really want actual frame numbers like "0123" for frame t-1_0123, because I didn't save those date/time stamps, so I'd have to "scrape" your site to get them now…)

mrob27 Image

(Edit: Try to be more clear in my request to @mscha to clarify the specification of which frames have changed)

Spoiler:
Molpysaur-553-395.png
553x395 version of Whizbang's "Molpysaur" manip from NP1014
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:16 am UTC

I have forgotten completely about that manip. It is like seeing an artifact from a you of an alternate universe.

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0013

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:00 am UTC

...@OO@OO@OOO@O@O@... CUUUUSTARD IS DEMMUUUUSTARDUNG! -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Did you notice …
… the dialogue?
Spoiler:
This is the last sentence of a riverish conversation.

In t1i-0015 you'll notice that BrokenBean is carrying two items (a black and a white one), while Ms. Frizzle isn't carrying anything. Why?

They are returning from their survey expedition to that mountain. They just took a break for doing some final measurements. The water is rising; the mountain has become an island. The ship which will take them home is in sight already; they just have to descend that slope.

Beardo is the leader and the oldest one. He is slowest, so he goes ahead. He cannot carry much weight, but only a riverish bag. BrokenBean and Ms. Frizzle are picking up the measuring equipment. Beardo notices that they are discussing who takes what. To finish the discussion he tells BrokenBean to Image in addition to his (heavy) bag, so Ms. Frizzle can fully concentrate on the (delicate) tripod.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

I HOTDOGGED _ALL_ THE YAPPOCISION

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:27 am UTC

Wow, I was one of today's 10,000 twice! Never heard of Googlewhackblatt, and also, somewhat surprisingly, never hear of junior synonyms.

I've been thoroughly enjoying the Molpy/o/a/isaurus discussion. From a very non-thorough perusal of the list of dinosaur scientific names on WIkipedia, "osaurus" is by far more common. I did see some "asaurus," but no "i" or "y" saurus. Y? I don't know, you tell me! (Ba-dum)

In other news, I just spoke with addams a little while ago. She wanted me to say hi to everyone. Apparently she's the one we need to send our internets too. The only service she can get where she lives is more than she can afford, so she is internet-less. :( But otherwise she sounded good.

Feel better soon, mystery author! I assume the illness referred to is the author's. Maybe those are stick figures actors in the B/W ONGS, and one of them is sick.

Lots of stuff to say about Time World, but it will have to wait. I did want to say that I like the idea of the internets, especially since it somewhat parallels the Disney pins. If you don't know about them, if you go to a Disney park, you will see people walking around with clothes covered with this little metal Disney pins. People trade them and what not. And of course you can buy them at the park. :) There could be different internets with different pictures on them that people would want to trade the get a whole set. I like the fact that they're compostable.

For decree: i don't know, what would I do? Maybe play Rosetta, or maybe I'll just be a ride designer. Or a ride designer that doubles as Rosetta occasionally. I definitely like the hamplyballtram. Hamplytram?

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:58 am UTC

Get well, mysterious sick person!

Get well, addams's internet!

Oh hey, new info bout old ongs. Neat.

For decree: I would probably go to the park with a bunch of friends but then not go on any of the rides that are remotely fast or height-related and spend all my time watching other people ride rides. Although if it had those hampster balls from Jurassic World, I would certainly try that.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

balthasar_s

Re: Mustard alert!

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:40 am UTC

mscha wrote:@balthænhancer, could you perhaps check these?

This is 345:
The "original filename" must have changed too. Where do I get that information? (I used the value listed in the viewer)

I have a question, In the list, http://xkcd.mscha.org/timeaftertime.html, there are two links, one to the original frame and one to the current version, like this:

<tr id="frame2114">
<td align="right" class="rowheader">2114</td>
<td align="right" class="tdTime" data-time="1447776000" id="frame_20151117T160000">2015-11-17 16:00</td>
<td><a class="preview" href="timeaftertime/xkcd_timeaftertime_20151117_1600.png">xkcd_timeaftertime_20151117_1600.png</a></td>
<td><a class="preview" href="otcstories/t-1_0383.png">t-1_0383.png</a></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
But these are links to the .pngs. There are no links to the viewer, why?
I remember that in the past the links were pointing to viewer, now they aren't.

Redundant
Spoiler:
0345e.png
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:27 am UTC

ergman wrote:Get well, mysterious sick person!

Get well, addams's internet!

Oh hey, new info bout old ongs. Neat.

For decree: I would probably go to the park with a bunch of friends but then not go on any of the rides that are remotely fast or height-related and spend all my time watching other people ride rides. Although if it had those hampster balls from Jurassic World, I would certainly try that.

Including or excluding
Spoiler:
gigantic genetically modified dionsaur that tries to eat you
?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0387

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

AFFECTONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWBcVVtXT2BcQ1FMTEVCMy4xGiEoFx4lKScnKS0xOjY1SThBNElKRTw2Ih0bK0M+NTxCVkxES0I8My0oR1pZGCs1DBsiJyYbJTU8FhcZXFJJOlNUMxUpQzctSyQ7Ukc9L2ZoLVdWNE5RMy4NTUUEWU0RbVoSEg4KJRcOd2QOOzMsCAgIFxMLJzEuJjxCHSEMhGwSaFkxaVoJVksuVEoHJkZIRTkNShg4WBtBeGQvWCVDSA0xVBg8FAwVTyg2ZVpSYiVHYlZNHD5BbGJZbFpIG0A9Cw0RDRIWHUJEGjY8jXMTc2pjRoyTP4CGCzMvh3MxhW8JiXMLdGRPbX9ziHdb.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:54 pm UTC

Yay, new Time-1-frame!

mrob27 wrote:And thanks @mscha for noticing changed t-1 frames! I have archives too, which I might be able to check somehow (preferably without writing more custom software). It would be good to have a list of which frames have changed. (Maybe that's the list you provided above? But it says both "MODIFIED" and "unchanged", which seems to reflect your statement about pixels before vs. after collapsing the 85×3 colours to just three, or at least that's what I think you did, at any rate: it's ambiguous; also you have "(…)" in a couple places, which might mean some lines are left out, and you didn't say how many modified files/frames you found, and also I really want actual frame numbers like "0123" for frame t-1_0123, because I didn't save those date/time stamps, so I'd have to "scrape" your site to get them now…)

Indeed, “MODIFIED” indicates the file content (or to be precise, its md5sum) has changed, and “unchanged” means that a pixel-by-pixel comparison of the (visible) image found no changes. (Therefore, presumably, the steganogaframes are changed. Although it could be that simply some metadata in the files was changed.)
The list in my previous mail is complete. The (...) indicates skipped lines that weren't “MODIFIED”.
You can find the frame numbers for the timestamps in http://xkcd.mscha.org/timeaftertime.json, either by script or just by looking at it. :)
Okay, I'll do the ‘hard’ work for you: the potential mustard frames are: t-1_0260, t-1_0323, and t-1_0335 through t-1_0345.

balthasar_s wrote:This is 345:

Wow, that frame looks mustarded! Literally, looks like a major accident involving a mustard truck happened.

balthasar_s wrote:The "original filename" must have changed too. Where do I get that information? (I used the value listed in the viewer)

Good question...
“Original file names”, or rather the hashes, can be seen in http://xkcd.mscha.org/otcstories/t-1_hashes.txt. (You can even look a bit into the future!) I don't properly keep track of versions of this file, so I'm not sure if these were updated. In any case, the viewer gets them from this file as well.

If those weren't updated, then we can only hope that the Mystery Author reads this...

balthasar_s wrote:I have a question, In the list, http://xkcd.mscha.org/timeaftertime.html, there are two links, one to the original frame and one to the current version, like this:

<tr id="frame2114">
<td align="right" class="rowheader">2114</td>
<td align="right" class="tdTime" data-time="1447776000" id="frame_20151117T160000">2015-11-17 16:00</td>
<td><a class="preview" href="timeaftertime/xkcd_timeaftertime_20151117_1600.png">xkcd_timeaftertime_20151117_1600.png</a></td>
<td><a class="preview" href="otcstories/t-1_0383.png">t-1_0383.png</a></td>
<td></td>
</tr>
But these are links to the .pngs. There are no links to the viewer, why?

Not sure why I did it that way. Too long ago...
balthasar_s wrote:I remember that in the past the links were pointing to viewer, now they aren't.

I don't think they ever were. The links point to the images, but some jQuery magic makes the viewer open when you click on them. (Unless you have shift, ctrl or alt pressed.)
In any case, you can plug pretty much everything after the viewer URL.
Examples:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0388

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

DRYPRONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWBcT2BcVFxYRlFNRTw2TEVCS0I8VkxEOjY1Fx4lGSEoKC0yMy4xSThBNElKND1CKScnIh4bOzMsMy0oGCs1JTU8Ukc9R1tZK0I+DBshFhcZOlNUMxUoSyQ7XFJJLmVnNE5RLFZWRToOTUUEbFkSEg4KFhIMCAgIV0wtJjxCJRYPaVsJd2UMWEwTKzEmMy8NhGwSd2MPU0oHSRg4WBtCJyUcSA0xVBg8Ew0UJkZIjXMTQjctaFgydmQvWCVDYiVHZVpSYlZNUCc2bFlHDRMWHEA9HUJECw4RGjY7CzMvdWtjcWNSRoyTP4CHHSEPHD5BhW8Jh3IxiXMLh3dcaYB3.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:26 pm UTC

Whizbang wrote:I just Googled it and it is spelled "Molposaurus".

:azule:*snort*

Just the thought of The Loopist ride made me queasy. :|

An update on the Beanish Morse code, as of frame 388:
GGGWWWGGWGGWGGWGGWW

The pattern has changed. Maybe this an "Ending Transmission" signal that is the opposite of the "Starting Transmission." That would mean the next frames would give us
WWGGG/prediction

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

YOU ARE ON A BERM OF TWISTY RIVERISH MOLPISAURI, ALL ENDISH.

Postby mrob27 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:28 pm UTC

@lmjb1964: I visualise Time World having an Electrical Water Pageant too. It would be great to build sandcastles all afternoon, watch the sunset and then have something like that sailing by. So maybe we need three parades, not just two :)

SilentTimer wrote:[…]To finish the discussion he tells BrokenBean to Image in addition to his (heavy) bag, so Ms. Frizzle can fully concentrate on the (delicate) tripod.

I read that as 4M 42bJ / ᓭᘈ ᓭᘖᔭᓄ and interpret it as "get [the] water". Which pretty much makes sense.

lmjb1964 wrote:Wow, I was one of today's 10,000 twice!

Every dip at Time World, 100002 guests chosen at random get their choice between two types of new knowledge: either an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour or access to the park's logistics system so they can optimise their stay by knowing exactly where the lines are shortest and where the park is likely to be less crowded.
Hey, did you know there's no line at the Bikeway right now? Or that the second SeaLumination Raftcastle Parade is always less crowded than the first? And here you can watch them realign the hamplyballs … and take a look at how they clean and restock all the IKEA supplies every night.
That's molpish — I must be one of todip's lucky 100002twice!

I think I might have one Disney pin… but I certainly remember seeing the pin collectors. (I only talked with one or two, but of course they were very friendly.) Since the internets are basically just printed on cardboard, pretty much anything can be done to the design, variety, and/or rarity of specific designs, to make them interesting to serious collectors of any age.
I like the fact that they're compostable.

Time World is big on Sustainability. As a micro-currency, Internets are made by the park, given out to guests, "spent" once, and to prevent counterfeiting they include data that is unique, seemingly random, and impossible to predict in advance (where have we seen that before? :D ). But as a fun thing for kids, they can be abundant and disposable, but distinctive, appealing, and stylish, i.e. whatever kids think is treeish this week (within limits of wholesomeness).
  As a collectable, many tokens aren't turned in — there could be an after-market for copying the barcodec off Internets that are in the hands of a collector. The park can prevent such a black market by setting a reasonable Time limit (say a few wips) to "spend" each Internet.

ergman wrote:Although if it had those hampster balls from Jurassic World, I would certainly try that.

There will so definitely be hamster balls. Why would one need other wishes?. And aquatic hamster balls too, which are the safest way to get close to The Berm during the twice-newpixly Flood, very popular with adult thrill-seekers.
  Hmmm…
  Maybe even a giant mega-seaish1 Mecha-Hamster-BallHPGS that takes a dozen or so riders and gets pushed the entire length of the lakep. That would be a ride!!!

balthasar_s wrote:This is 345:

mscha wrote:Wow, that frame looks mustarded! Literally, looks like a major accident involving a mustard truck happened.

Just what I was thinking when I saw it. Nearly every pixel is the colour of some variety of mustard. That can't possibly be significant in any way… :?

Thank you @mscha for clarifying the frame numbers!

Neil_Boekend wrote:Including or excluding
Spoiler:
the gigantic genetically modified hamply that tries to eat your veg
?
FTFY :D

mscha wrote:I don't properly keep track of versions of this file, so I'm not sure if these were updated […]

Frame 0345's hash, at least, has changed since I loaded it. It was:

UmJebWFYVWRgUV5aTmBeRltaR1FHeGthOVNUMk9RPFBNMUxOTUdCL05QKkpM
 JD5BaVUwd2MsNkM8DxQQHiETMSwQNykHb2AKWEYIKTU0iXMLKyckPDYzQjgt
 NC0nHTIzFxQLSDgHfGUTHSMnEQ4MUkQQVUouHR8jTUM7RTMOZkoDalgHIh4a
 jHQTalgUOzMrGhgV….

when I downloaded it originally (which was 2015 Nov 11, 00:04:00 UTC), and just now (at 2015 Nov 19 21:08:00 UTC) I downloaded your 't-1_hashes.txt' and got this:

UmJebWFYVWRgUV5aTmBeRltaR1FHeGthOVNUMk9RPFBNMUxOTUdCL05QKkpM
 JD5BaVUwd2MsNkM8DxQQHiETMSwQNykHb2AKWEYIKTU0PDYziXMLLCckEQ4M
 FxQLSDgHfGUTHScqUkQQJyYZVUouGB4jQjgtRTMOZkoDalgHIh4aknoRjHQT
 algUOzMrhWsT….

(with some changed bits highlighted)

mrob27 Image

2in binary
c This QR code does not loop
HPGSCheck out the Hamster Powered Gakken Strandbeest!!! Princess, Princess is a hamster! I love how Princess goes right back into her wheel after the test is complete. She obviously didn't get enough time in the test vehicle.
p… except that can't really happen. The wave would go right by and not push the megahamplyball very much — so it would be mechanically propelled and just seem like it's being pushed.

(Edit: Physics reality-check footnote)
Last edited by mrob27 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1798

Postby mscha » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:00 pm UTC

STRONGBOX...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WE'RE GONNA NEED A MORE MOLPISH BLINDPOST

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0389

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 am UTC

CHONGEOVERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

UWBcVFxYT2BcR1pZTEVCS0I8RTw2OjY1VkxEGSEoKScnKS0yMi4xSThCRlFNNEhKND1CIh4bFx4lFhcZUkc9GCs1KkI+QzctO1NUKTApOzMsCxwiJTU8My0oSiQ7JyUbXFJJLmVnNU5RKFlZMy8MRToNdGMMH1BQCAgIEg4KaVsJWEwtbFkSJzxCFhIMHiIKWEwRhGwSe2URTUUEJRgOMhQoWCVDSRg4JkZHVxxCSA0yFAsWU0oHjXMTTyg2hXAsVBg8YiZHZVpSHD1BGzU7bVtIbGJZYlZNDBMWCw4RHUJECzMviHhbdGROdGtjRoyThW8JP4GHbV0wiXMLYH92.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0390

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:30 am UTC

PRICKONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

VVtXR1pYTEVCS0I8RTw2VkxEOjY1GSEoKScnMy4xSThBNkZINDxCIh4bL0I+Q1BNJTU8P1BOFx4lGSs1KS0xFhcZJyUcNk5Ra2hhDRsiOzMsLTAkMRUoUkc9XFJJSyQ7O1NUZVpSJ0VHQzctHkJDVkstRjkOWEsSEg4KHiIKMCoPdmQMFxMLODcIbFkSTUUEaVsJhGwSJzxCe2URVEoHSRg4Th5AFAwVCAgIJRcOSA0xWBxCWCVDVBg8YiZHjXMTZVQ4YlZMZlRDTyo1bGJYDBMXMy0oCw4SHDQ7DS4tHkE9Hj1BdGJKhnAqdmQvb2AMhW8JiXMLc2ZWh3ZclIJn.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

I'M NOT A QUACKMOLPY, BUT I CORINNE ONE IN MOLPYLAND.

Postby mrob27 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:56 am UTC

Whizbang wrote:I have forgotten completely about that manip. It is like seeing an artifact from a you of an alternate universe.

Ah, then that just means it hasn't happened yet from your point of view. Sometime in the future, you'll travel back in time and post that manip.

mscha wrote:You can find the frame numbers for the timestamps in http://xkcd.mscha.org/timeaftertime.json, either by script or just by looking at it. :)

Thank you. I seem to keep forgetting that your timeaftertime.html links to multiple different frame-sequence stories. You've mentioned the JSON thing before (a few times, first here), and only now do I remember that actual discussion :oops: (It came up when @Eternal Density was contemplating a way to make a viewer (disguised as a molpish hotdog) that could efficiently get frame URLs for these "Time After Time" frame-sequences.)
  I of course find timeaftertime.txt to be pretty useful too, it's the "easily convert timestamp to frame number" thing that I originally thought I'd need to scrape for. But of course the JSON has more data, like "epoch" which seems to be the (UTC-based) Unix time corresponding to the "dateTime".
  Regarding the present "changed t-1 frames" thing, I still haven't gotten around to making a list of frames that had the wrong timestamp. (I'm referring to the thing you described at OTT:2391:13: "Apologies for the confusion caused by the off-by-one-oldpix error. […] Fixed now for current and future frames; eventually I'll correct the older frames too, but I'll have to put some redirects in place to ensure we have no dead links and broken images.") It's possible to glean such information from the OTT itself. Now having been reminded of your flexible URL format and jQuery magic, I can guess that the "redirects" you'd need to do would be making a "…_0800.png" version of "http://xkcd.mscha.org/vieweraftertime/xkcd_timeaftertime_20150927_0700.png" that also points to frame t-1_0085, (and which newpixbot gave us at 08:30 UTC, not at 07:30 as one might expect from the "_0700" in the filename). Maybe the jQuery should just remap all date-times to whatever frame had most recently been revealed, so for example "20150927_0823.png" and "20150927_1006.png" would also go to that same frame.
  I want to work out an efficient way of noticing changes and downloading only the things that have changed, without actually spamming your server every day or two. Maybe you've already told us how to do that? I would expect the md5sum to be in the JSON data. That would be my suggestion (because it seems you're already done the hard work of "spamming the Mystery Author's server" and your machine "knows" which files' md5sums have changed, and I guess that this is an activity that you'll do again in the future.) Then I could just download timeaftertime.json once a day, compare it to my previous copy, and determine quickly which image(s) might want to be re-downloaded.

mrob27 Image

ETA, ONG!
Time After Time: t-1_0391
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0391 at 20151120 08:00:47 UTC = newpix 23405.01
I DON'GT THINK BLITZING A MOLPICOOT COUNTS AS MOUNTAINISH.
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

OjY1RTw2TEVCS0I8GiEoKCwxMi4xRD5BKCcnJRwkSVFNNEZGMT9ALDo7M0E-LkNCFx4lFhcZVkxEVjNDGCk0JyQcIh4bOzMsLEE+XFVRZVpSHS83bGJYOBMoSiQ7My0oLjAjV0wvXFJJQzctSzEpUkc9RTEaYlZMNC4SURYSVCM+JxYPZFJDShg3VRg8ZlY2ODcIRTsLTUUEb1wQCAgIFxMLCg4SEg4KWUwQaVgTU0oHaVsJhGwSEg8QdWMNThxAdGdXe2URjXMTSA0wKSUIWSVDYihIWhxCYhxEd2UwDRIVHiIMdGNKh3Iyb2ALiXMLh3ZWdmtjg24IkXgSkoFo.png
ENHANCE!
— lovingly converted from RHTF by makepost

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0392

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

CONGLUTINATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

TEVCS0I8RTw2OjY1Mi4xJywxKCcnMy0oRD5BNT5BLUNDNEVFLTw8MkE+LT9BUVFOGiEoGB4lOzMsIh4cJyQcHygwUkc9LhglVzVEXFVRLUE+bGJYP0ApFhgaShg2Fw0UVkxEVUsuQjctMiwUThMXRzUZTys0JhYOLjAgZVNDNjMZXFJJYlZMZVpSCg4RWSVDWhtCSgwxYihHYh1EZlY1DhIVVRg8FxMLEQ4KBwgIdGJKhnVVNC0FbVsSdmpiaVsIbmALbmAVWE0QdmQtHiEYU0oGdGQMhGwSiXILemURTUUEKikEkXYRc2ZVg24IRDsFODUDjXMThXAtk4BfAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ETA by mscha: New thingiebot? Or is that our old friend, the Botmobile? Also: Bermquake!

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:57 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0393

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

BEBONG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

TEVCS0I8RTw2OjY1Mi4xNz5BQj5BKCcoNEVEKz9AKz08K0JCM0E+KC0xIR4cVkxEGiEoV1NQGB4lHSYwQjcuLxcmWDZDK0E+My0pJyQcFhgaLzEtShg2NTMYUkc9V0wtOzMsSTEWTRgWTCsyJBgIZVY0YE9BXFJJVkwPYlZMZVpSbGJYDhITDA4REQ0KWSVDWhxCSwwyYidHYh1FMC0TVRg8VSM+cF5IBAQEFxUFhmkGKigCTEQDRD0BMy0BU0oGdlwEeGYFa1kPaVsHODUBd2thiXIMmIEAbmALEBANc2MVdGQzHiEWdGJJcmVWhXAvmIZ5hHNWAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:25 pm UTC

That is most definitely a new thingiebot. But is it a bot, or is that a cab I see at the front? If it's a cab, then someone, or something is probably driving it, right? Maybe another bot. Also, are those two pieces of pasta to the left of the new thing? Maybe that's where the molpybot is dragging them to.

I wrote:An update on the Beanish Morse code, as of frame 388:
GGGWWWGGWGGWGGWGGWW

The pattern has changed. Maybe this an "Ending Transmission" signal that is the opposite of the "Starting Transmission." That would mean the next frames would give us
WWGGG/prediction

A wrong prediction! That's never happened before! Here's what we really have:

GGGWWWGGWGGWGGWGGWWGWWGW

So maybe it's switched from GGW to GWW. Maybe GGW means "things aren't looking too good here," and GWW means, "Holy ch*rp, she's about to blow!"

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 pm UTC

I think it's still the yesbot but now it's carrying something.
Prediction:
It will throw it into the water.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time for Bussing"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:13 pm UTC

I kinda forgot to mention it, but it's Desert Bus time again (actually, it's on it's 6th and final (unless someone donates ridiculous amounts of money) dip. Why is this important?
Well, y'all remember Phil Plait and his importance to Time, yeah? He'll be calling in to the show shortly:
https://desertbus.org/blog/2015/11/20/g ... l-plait-3/
(Full details at link, and Desert Bus info in general. It's a very OTTerish sort of thing really.)

Also ahhhhh in the last few minutes they got $6K in and got the total over half a million!

Ninjedit: ahhh, previewninja'd by baltha_ninja!

Oh, also I've been OTTIfying a song (which I heard at Desert Bus... which is funny cos I did that last yip too) but it's not quite done yet. Just the trickiest verse left.

Also could someone remind me which Beanie had kids with Beanette? (too long since I saw that run of Time after Time... that was the Waveney pix, right?)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0394

Postby mscha » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

SHONGLIEST...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

TEVCRTw3S0I8OTc2Mi8xOjMsMy0pND9AJycoIh8gIh4cQj5BM0VEK0JCKz5AKzw8MkE+KS0xVkxDK0E+UVRPHygxU0c9Fx4lQzguGiEoTjEsXFJJLjAuFRgaMjETDhIUWk0vTBoOWU4OP0ABY1ZLaFZEZlpRbWJXdWhac2JKJyUcZVQ7DA4REg0Ia1kVdlsEemcDd2QWdmQsAwMDZlQwaloGTTYHhWcFMy0BU0gFFxUGODUCb2ALKikCS0QDZksCRDwBDhANjXYEHiERem1jIxwDl4AAiXltoI1-gWAKm4l8n42AoY6BbmFKo5CCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:33 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I think it's still the yesbot but now it's carrying something.
Prediction:
It will throw it into the water.

I think you're right. Excellent, I can add a wrong interpretation to my wrong prediction! :D I got all excited because it looked like a vehicle with a cab, and I hoped we might see some signs of life. Although I of course welcome our robot overlords. S, maybe it was scoping out the best place to dump the watever-it-is. Maybe this is a story about the robot mafia. The new thingie is another bot from a rival family, and this is the bot equivalent of dumping it in the East River. I'm sure that's a very likely prediction that will not be proven wrong.

Shoot, I planned to check out Desert Bus this year. It looks extremely silly and therefore molpish. Maybe I'll try to catch a little of it.

Preview edit: I can't tell if that's several somethings lined up on top of the bot.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”