1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mrob27

1190: Time: THEY'RE TAKING THE SCRUMPTIOUS DONUTS TO ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ!

Postby mrob27 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 am UTC

(Title: 1190: Time: THEY'RE TAKING THE SCRUMPTIOUS DONUTS TO ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ!)

Thank you @balthacronymiser! You've given me exactly what I need (which wasn't what I thought I wanted — but I realise it's appropriate to have some of the "answers" be indeterminate, ambiguous, and/or secret). As you rightly guessed, my "OTTsford Molpish Dictionary" is meant to help people who are reading this thread, by trying to explain words, phrases, and other things like acronyms — particularly those that might be forgotten or hard to figure out if you are reading the OTT many yips later.
  The "dictionary" also serves an additional, personal purpose: I use it to remember what stuff means when I am writing stories. I want to try to avoid egregrious inconsistency.

@alcore has set a new prodigal interval record: first post in 233.54 wips (OTT:1256:18 - OTT:2630:28). The previous record was set by @Keybounce (OTT:1332:25 - OTT:2620:32, 222.10 wips).

Seaish Hotdog: Acronyms RELATED & Epsilonish

Also, let me know:
  • Do all the characters in the last word of this post's title look like Beanish?
  • What about the first line of the post itself?
  • Regardless of the answer to the previous questions: What device, type of OS, and browser are you in?
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: Time: Now there will be different world. Tree.

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote: [*]Do all the characters in the last word of this post's title look like Beanish?
[*]What about the first line of the post itself?
[*]Regardless of the answer to the previous questions: What device, type of OS, and browser are you in?[/list]

1 - yes, 2 - the same. 3 - not my computer, windows 7, IE11.
I expect these answers to be different on my own computer.

I noticed another something in the OMD: "awesomeful : awasome, i.e. extremely impressive; inspiring great admiration".
I think "awasome" is a mistake.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

svenman

Re: 1190: Time: THEY'RE TAKING THE SCRUMPTIOUS DONUTS TO ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ!

Postby svenman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Also, let me know:
  • Do all the characters in the last word of this post's title look like Beanish?
  • Regardless of the answer to the previous questions: What device, type of OS, and browser are you in?

That's your papal decree, I suppose?
  • Yes.
  • Yes.
  • PC, Windows 10, Firefox 57.0.4.

Also, new othercomic.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm UTC

Egregious Inconsistency is the name of my next band. Or my next pub. Or an almost forgotten VHF single (didn't achieve commercial success because of non-predictable delivery to the record shops).

mrob27 wrote:

• Yes
  • Yes
  • Lenovo laptop, Windows 10, Firefox 57.0.4
Preview-ninja'd not only on the OtherComic, but also on the device specs :)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:24 pm UTC

• Yes.
  • Yes.
  • PC, Ubuntu 17.04 (64bit), Chrome 63.0.3239.132.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

svenman

Postby svenman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:20 pm UTC

New OTTercomic:

Weirdly redundant
Spoiler:
Image based on xkcd comic 1943 "Universal Dreams" by Randall Munroe, published under CC-BY-NC 2.5. Text modified by myself, modified image also published under CC-BY-NC 2.5.

Image based on xkcd comic 630 "Time Travel" by Randall Munroe, published under CC-BY-NC 2.5. Text modified by myself, modified image also published under CC-BY-NC 2.5.

xkcd1943_ottish_dreams.png
xkcd0630_redundant.png
xkcd0630_redundant.png (22.45 KiB) Viewed 26753 times
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 pm UTC

Steakish new OTTercomic Svenman! Ever have that dream that you're going to make more OTTart or OTTerature, but then you wake up the next day and haven't done any? That, like, happens to me all the time!

For decree: Yes, yes, Seamonkey 2.40 (with user agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0 SeaMonkey/2.40)

on a ASUS laptop running ubuntu 14.04 LTS (64 bit).

balthasar_s wrote:I think "awasome" is a mistake.
Well, we have to retro-define it. "The state of being half-awake and enjoying it"?

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:16 pm UTC

It looks so much like Beanish that my first thought was “wait did someone figure out that Beanish uses a real script with Unicode support and all?”.

Sent from my iPhone.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: Time: THEY'RE TALKING THE SCRUMPTIOUS DONUTS TO ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ!

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:56 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:

• No
  • Yes
  • Dell D610 laptop, Debian 7, Firefox ESR 52.4.0

• Yes
  • Yes
  • Dell D610 laptop, Debian 7, Chromium 37.0.2062.120

On both there are two rectangles as your location and one before The "dictionary".

Later I will check on another computer.
Redundant:
Spoiler:
beantext.png
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

january1may

Postby january1may » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:28 pm UTC

1. Well, mostly - they look exactly like what I'm used to as Beanish transliteration, but now that I've looked up the actual attested Beanish it's not that similar.
2. Yes, to the extent that they look effectively identical to the previous.
3. ASUS EeeBook, Windows 8.1, Internet Explorer 11.0 (yes, I know that all three of those probably suck).

On the default browser of my smartphone:
1. They look like English (or Russian, I guess), because in fact they are "TO"; the actual last word just shows up blank.
2. Same as the title.
3. Old non-fancy Samsung smartphone, Android, default browser. (According to an online user agent parser, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos, Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and Chrome 28, respectively.)

The location shows up as 〗(a fancy right bracket of some kind?) on the laptop, and the smartphone doesn't show the location field at all (due to a different forum style).
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

mrob27

1190: Time: WHAT IF A BUKKIT OF LEGO WERE, ALL OF A SUDDEN, LITERALLY HALF UNGLISH?

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:56 am UTC

My answers were: No / Yes / HP laptop Ubuntu 16.04 Firefox 57.0.4.
  Since I got this machine I've been surprised that it still doesn't display the Beanish, when it has been working fine on my non-Linux computers since we started using them.
  So I wanted to find out how it is for others.
  Sorry about that fancy right-bracket thingy. I think I was responding to one of those efforts to balance all the parentheses and brackets in the OTT. It's a "〗", called "RIGHT WHITE LENTICULAR BRACKET", part of the CJK Symbols and Punctuation block. It magically closes a countably infinite number of opening brackets and renders all future bracket-counts uncountable. This was a response to a previous post referring to the convention in some language (LISP I think) that said that ] closes arbitrarily many ((('s. I think I meant to write ]〖 but whatevs. The other unprintable character in my "location" is the one that is expanded into a meme by the automomeify userscript (but that's not working on my browser either). I'll change my Location later but for now leaving it as-is so that our discussion remains accurate.
  Due to the fora's impetuous efforts to prevent leading spaces, my paragraphs are indented with a " ", called "IDEOGRAPHIC SPACE", also part of CJK Symbols and Punctuation. It is meant to be the same width as standard Chinese characters. I use it because I expect that most systems have had support for Chinese, Japanese and Korean for quite some time now, but of course that's not true. The fonts are optional in Linux.
  If you're curious, I just fixed my Beanish using "apt install fonts-noto", and I also installed fonts-symbola to get the emoji.

Fun story (not really): Someone linked to this tweet which is effectively an advert: "{crab}{joystick}.ws" where {crab} and {joystick} are emoji. There was no explanation of what to do, so people were trying to go to "crabjoystick.ws" and similar things. It turns out there is an encoding, called "punycode", which is automatic on phones but typically impossible to do on desktop machines. But you can search the web for emoji (here's a big chart on unicode.org) then cut-and-paste to a website like charset.org to convert any non-ASCII to a standard domain name. You still have to figure out how to type emoji, and that's nearly impossible on Linux. Anyway, {crab}{joystick} translates to "xn—jy8hn8d" — so the advertised website is xn—jy8hn8d.ws which immediately redirects to crabs.management (yes, TIL that "management" is a TLD). The advertised product/service is a new thing being created by Elan Lee, the hotdog artist responsible for such famous WTFness as the Exploding Kittens card game.

mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:05 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:

[…]
  1. No. Only the second and fifth characters are rendered. Fonts used are DejaVu Sans and Nimbus Sans L (both bold).
  2. Yes. Now DejaVu Sans, FreeSans and Nimbus Sans L are used.
  3. Firefox 57.0.4, Xubuntu 16.04.3 (stock settings).

1. Yes. Fonts are Clear Sans and Noto Sans Canadian Aboriginal.
  2. Yes, same as the post title.
  3. Firefox 59 (Nightly build 20180118100101), Android 7.1.2 (ROM: AICP 12.1).

1. Yes.
  2. Yes, same as the post title.
  3. Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; Microsoft; RM-1109) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS X AppleWebKit/537 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:24 am UTC

mrob wrote:Also, let me know:
Do all the characters in the last word of this post's title look like Beanish?
What about the first line of the post itself?
Regardless of the answer to the previous questions: What device, type of OS, and browser are you in?

It looked like Balthasar's second screenshot on both my mta and lapleopard. These are:

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running
-Samsung internet browser v 6.2
-Chrome v 63.0

Dell inspiron 17 with Windows 10 pro
-Chrome v 63.0
-Microsoft Edge v 41
Wait For It.

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 am UTC

New othercomic.

Also, the balthabotcastle seems to be down. But I've worked out that the next b_ONG isn't due for another 12 hours and 6 minutes.

Eternal Density

R[ambl]e: 1190: "Time and Tide"

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:53 am UTC

LEML is a locomotive designation and actually stands for Low Energy Medium Length. This is a canonical fact.
In the Mage Stones 'verse.

Did I mention that I bought a cheap Chromebook? It was such a good deal I figured I'd grab it up just as a toy computer to mess around with and see if it could be useful. I need to think up a good OTTish word for Chromebook. Anyhow, it's a weird combination of a limited laptop and a limited android tablet. Less a marriage of two devices, and more two roommates who yell at each other, and their only common language isn't their first. But it can do some treeish things even while other things it ought to do are very difficult. Also the screen is rather poor, but it was cheap so I can't complain. I really need to attach a mouspy to it.

I'm surprised there's not an OtherComic about Tide Pods yet. I could probably make one by changing this to stick figures.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

svenman

Postby svenman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm UTC

New BSTA:

Click the robot

A window appeared.

Well, try to find out... even if that didn't go so well before.

Next b_ONG in 102:00.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:02 pm UTC

Why?
Oh, Why?

Has not one OTTer posted about The Weather?
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/europe/eu ... index.html

What?
Spoiler:
Is everyone indoors with their puzzles?
Not one of you noticed? Are you Stoic?

NorthWestern Europeans are famous for being stoic.
It seems the stereotype rings true. Be Safe and Well.

Balthasar were you able to ride your bike?
I remember the story of the Dark Bike Ride.

Did this storm bring another story to tell?
Were all the OTTers elsewhere?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:42 am UTC

Thanks for posting that about the weather in Europe, Addams. I hadn't heard about that. I hope all OTTers are safe. :(

balthasar_s wrote:I thought
I would probably not make such a nice thing as GLR did.[b] Instead I would just build it from some XORs

Qu'est-ce que c'est? (Must be time to review my French--I had to look up how to spell that!)

OK, balthawiz, I read through your whole post about how you figured things out. I really appreciate you supplied all of that information. Some of it sort of mostly made sense. But I definitely did not have an "a-ha!" moment. It still mostly made my brain hurt. :)

mrob27 wrote:

Yes.
Yes.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), running OS 10.10.5
Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132

Steakish OTTercomic, svenman, and :azuled: at the redundacomic. :D

ucim wrote:Steakish new OTTercomic Svenman! Ever have that dream that you're going to make more OTTart or OTTerature, but then you wake up the next day and haven't done any? That, like, happens to me all the time!

Yep, that's pretty much a constant state for me. :roll:

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

karhell

Postby karhell » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:42 am UTC

addams wrote:Why?
Oh, Why?

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/19/europe/eu ... index.html

Must be pretty localised. Here in Brittany the weather is as usual, albeit too warm for a proper winter.
Come to think of it, there has been a bit of wind, but certainly nothing alarming. Here's to hoping our northenmost OTTers are safe.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

svenman

Postby svenman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:19 am UTC

Well, that storm was four days ago now! But here in southern Germany, where I am, it didn't hit so hard either. There have been high winds, certainly, and downed trees here and there thanks to thoroughly drenched soil, but nothing exceptional - and neither is the high water we are currently having at many rivers and streams. If anything, it's really the temperatures that are out of the ordinary here as well, very mild and definitely warmer than they should be around this time of the year.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm UTC

addams wrote:Balthasar were you able to ride your bike?
I remember the story of the Dark Bike Ride.

Did this storm bring another story to tell?
No,
about the storm I only heard from the radio while sitting in a warm home.

lmjb1964 wrote:OK, balthawiz, I read through your whole post about how you figured things out. I really appreciate you supplied all of that information. Some of it sort of mostly made sense. But I definitely did not have an "a-ha!" moment. It still mostly made my brain hurt. :)
And I hoped that I wrote in a more understandable way.
Of course finding the patterns was not so simple and easy as it might look like (and I made some lucky guesses) but going through it again when I already had it was much better.

Remind me to demonstrate this if we meet again :)
Last edited by balthasar_s on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BFTF replay

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:03 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:05 pm UTC

addams wrote:Why?
Oh, Why?

For several days we were trapped inside due to cold, with ice accumulation of 4 inches.

ice.jpg

Ok, maybe not trapped, but I had to scrape my windshield.

Today winter is gone, but micromolps have arrived.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 pm UTC

Meanwhile in California, it's so cold I turned off my air conditioner and put on socks instead.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

addams

Postby addams » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:48 am UTC

Thank You, you two.
I Love a good Weather Report.

Pfhorrest; You are funny.

SBN!
Spoiler:
The Violet your Mum gave to me is covered with Flowers.
This is Why African Violets are such a popular plant.

It has as least twenty open blossoms.
It has been this way for months!

Please, relay my gratitude.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ColletArrow

Postby ColletArrow » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:28 pm UTC

I feel I should take this opportunity to report on my progress to the present.
Since my last post here in December, I haven't really read much further. However, since exams are complete and work is non-extant for the next 2 weeks, and coastal Wales in January features weather dismal, I should be able to make good progress.
I am currently at page 325, or ~12.35% of the thread as it stands. I have seen the first ~600 pictures. As I have read these 325 pages over the course of 47 days, it stands to reason that I should take a further 330 days to read the thread up to this point. We shall see.

To sign off for now, I bring this quote from the past: "The river is small. The sea is big.".

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:23 pm UTC

ColletArrow wrote:"The river is small. The sea is big."

Indeed. Image

New OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:

svenman

Postby svenman » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:31 pm UTC

Happy 5500, Eternal Density!

Just recently I came across a photo I had taken with you in mind, but then forgotten to post here for a while. This seems like a good opportunity to fix this.

Behold: A hotdog named "Hot Dog"!

Exponentially redundant
Spoiler:
Image based on xkcd comic 271 "Powers of One" by Randall Munroe, published under CC-BY-NC 2.5. Text modified by myself, modified image also published under CC-BY-NC 2.5.

Hot_Dog_hotdog.jpg
xkcd0271_redundancy.png

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:12 pm UTC

ColletArrow wrote:I am currently at page 325, or ~12.35% of the thread as it stands. I have seen the first ~600 pictures. As I have read these 325 pages over the course of 47 days, it stands to reason that I should take a further 330 days to read the thread up to this point. We shall see.

I too was once as optimistic and full of hope as you.

I read the first two hundred pages fairly quickly and thought I could easily read the whole needle pulled thing in a yip's Tim.
That was nearly 15 knp ago.
After NP 700ish the posts gradually get longer and contain more and more original information as new posters stop dropping in to comment on how oh my gosh the comic changes and has anyone noticed the JavaScript, and instead are filled with footnote mazes, fantastic OttificationsM and lengthly dissertations on the wonderful culture here; and the pages start taking an entire oldpix or longer to read, instead of only [heretical]7-12 minutes[/heretical].
It makes for more entertaining and edifying reading than the early NPs, but it started to take up too much Tim that I didn't have and I had to put a pin in my blitz for a while.

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

This has been said before, but
Thanks for always posting these, I sometims forget to read them until I see your reminders.
Wait For It.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:45 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:but it started to take up too much Tim that I didn't have and I had to put a pin in my blitz for a while.
You're not the first to stop for a long pint. :)

And welcome back ColletArrow!

Speaking of images I wanted to post but keep forgetting, I have one. Alas, it's not handy. Hope I don't forget it again. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:13 am UTC

Hello. I miss you all and this thread.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Seeking Rainbows
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:36 am UTC

TheMinim wrote:Hello. I miss you all and this thread.
And we have missed you terribly! How's Corinne? Fill us in on all that's gone on! And welcome back!

Jose

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np3079

Postby mscha » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:00 am UTC

KRONG...
Spoiler:
(Colorization by ggh.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WOW - SO MYSTERYONG - MANY STEAMBOTTLISH - SUCH UNBASEMENTING - VERY WHEELSTICK - MUCH WOWTERFUL - HAIL RANDALL

-- posted by randompixbot

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:05 am UTC

ucim wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Hello. I miss you all and this thread.
And we have missed you terribly! How's Corinne? Fill us in on all that's gone on! And welcome back!

Corinne is good. :) Some things have been molpish, some things have been mustardy, and some things have been both or neither. I know some things about myself I didn't know before. I chopped off my Rosetta-length hair. Nice to see you, Jose!

mscha wrote:KRONG...
Spoiler:
(Colorization by ggh.)

Ooh, pretty... Hello RandomPixBot!
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Seeking Rainbows
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:39 am UTC

Hello TheMinim!
Spoiler:
Hello Corinne!
Wait on.

Spoiler:

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:30 pm UTC

Welcome forward TheMinim and welcome forward ColletArrow!

The latest BSTA ONG hasn't been posted yet (also due to the fact that the balthacastle seemed to be down when I attempted to do this before):

See the currently running program

No idea what's going on here.

That makes at least two of us.

Next ONG in 74:30.

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:19 pm UTC

So, today's Othercomic seems to be already pre-OTTified. Fits nicely into the early M2400's.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:57 pm UTC

svenman wrote:Welcome forward TheMinim and welcome forward ColletArrow!

The latest BSTA ONG hasn't been posted yet (also due to the fact that the balthacastle seemed to be down when I attempted to do this before):

See the currently running program

No idea what's going on here.

That makes at least two of us.

Next ONG in 74:30.

I bet it’s an FTC robot...
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:13 am UTC

Baobabs, lots of awesomeful people stopping by lately.

I'm going to an ftc competition this weekend.
Wait For It.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:15 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:Baobabs, lots of awesomeful people stopping by lately.

I'm going to an ftc competition this weekend.

I’m captain of 3749
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”