1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ColletArrow

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ColletArrow » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:35 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:Randallspeed my friend, I have decided to resume my blitz at NP 500, rereading the last few hundred pages from my previous attempt.
This will allow us to encourage and support each other in our journey through the vast reaches of the thread.

Sounds good! :D Tonight I made the push to reach NP 500 (~18.9%), so now we are relatively level. This parallel-blitz will be interesting. However, I only have 1 more entirely free day in the foreseeable future, so my reading rate will almost certainly and drastically slow soon.

GnommeAnne wrote:The Lego Batman film is the best Batman film

I have no experience of other Batman films with which to compare it. I also only have experience of one other LEGO film to compare, and I'm not sure which I prefer.

To everyone else; Despite reading them I do not yet understand the meaning of many posts, so I can not reply to them. I decided the best way to gain understanding should be to read the entire thread. Hence I have started.

EDIT: Dammit, this post triggered a new page... now my percentages have dropped slightly...

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:41 am UTC

ColletArrow wrote:this post triggered a new page...

No decree for us?
Wait For It.

ColletArrow

Postby ColletArrow » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:No decree for us?

Oh, right, didn't realise that was still happening (it didn't last page)...
I'll come up with one in the morning.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:46 am UTC

Interesting that just after the robot turned up in BSTA a robot competition turned up in the OTT.

For anyone interested in space, the Falcon Havy is scheduled to launch this Tuesday, barring unforseen delays. It will be the most powerful rocket launched since the Saturn V!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:57 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:Interesting that just after the robot turned up in BSTA a robot competition turned up in the OTT.

Once again, it's all RELATED.

GnomeAnne wrote:

No decree for us?

Unless the decree is to mention something you did that had unintended consequences.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ColletArrow

Postby ColletArrow » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:48 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
GnomeAnne wrote:

No decree for us?

Unless the decree is to mention something you did that had unintended consequences.

Erm... yes, that will do that's what I meant... should I go and edit that into the top post?

In other news, I have now reached NP 550, ~20.9%. Woohoo, I've read 1/5th of this thread! That will do for tonight, I think.

Newbie question: quite noticeably, many of the "NewPage" posts around NP 500 have slipped back 5-10 posts onto the previous page. I know posts got bumped forwards when a newbie post was approved, but why have so many slipped backwards?

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:16 pm UTC

ColletArrow wrote:many of the "NewPage" posts around NP 500 have slipped back 5-10 posts onto the previous page.

I believe this is known as the posts being "goated"
It has been discussed at length, but I don't recall if there was any definitive answer as to why it happens.
I was a bit sleep deprived when I read that part.
Wait For It.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 am UTC

ColletArrow wrote:Newbie question: quite noticeably, many of the "NewPage" posts around NP 500 have slipped back 5-10 posts onto the previous page. I know posts got bumped forwards when a newbie post was approved, but why have so many slipped backwards?

I believe that happens when a post is deleted. There were some duplicate posts which got cleaned up by mods/admins several NP after they were posted, so the retroslips weren't noticed at the time.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mrob27

1190: Time: THE OTTᴇʀᴄᴏɴ REDUNDABIKE FILM IS THE BEST REDUNDABIKE FILM.

Postby mrob27 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:07 am UTC

Here, for example, is a large box blocking a door.

Hmmm, is that Mrorl's TARDIS over on the right?

ColletArrow wrote:[…] I know posts got bumped forwards when a newbie post was approved, but why have so many slipped backwards?

Quoting from page 410:
jjjdavidson wrote: (OTT:410:19) (And yes, there is at least minimal moderation taking place. A double-post of mine from 80 pages back is now gone.)

jjjdavidson wrote: (OTT:410:29) I combine-edited the posts myself, then flagged the second (newly-emptied) one. A few days later, poof!

I believe combining double-posts was most of it; I think there was also some deletion of posts by moderators for other reasons.

Edit: Oops, ninja'd! Image … Oh well, at least I added a little by quoting a contemporaneous source.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Febrion

Re: 1951: "Time 2"

Postby Febrion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:22 pm UTC

Hi9! No time for anything interesting34 right now, but just saw the latest 'othercomic'tree, and it reallyliterally screamed "Time 2" at me. Neat-o :-D

9^9High!
1[sup]While everything is interesting is some form, that's not what I meant
[sup]3
I tend to mess up the terminology here, so I added "quotes"
ironicNot literally literally
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 am UTC

It does really remind one of Time, doesn't it.

RSIR
Spoiler:
time_watch_party.png
time_watch_party.png (27.39 KiB) Viewed 24121 times
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 am UTC

:azule:
Maybe he's thinking about doing a sequel at 1290: Time 2, The [insert strange bag-related name here], that continues from the beach where the party landed.
Only this one goes for an entire yip, instead of just a few mips.
Wait For It.

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:37 am UTC

I hope, but I doubt it...
My meta for future reference
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:52 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:It does really remind one of Time, doesn't it.
Spoiler:

Treeish!

For blitzers, here's the link to the original OtherComic.

ETA: New OtherComic.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mrob27

1190: Time: THE CHRONOCORP BRAINSLUG FRAME IS THE BEST BRAINSLUG FRAME.

Postby mrob27 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm UTC

The yip-long Superbowl livestream is now officially a thing; watch here. Currently on frame 2718 of 366,040 (1m30s of 3h24m40s). Frame 2708 was a cut.

nice favicon

This is Waiting for the impatient -- only 85.45 seconds per frame! That's about 21 times faster than Time during the shortpix. And yes, there is Javascript.

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:16 pm UTC

It's even got a loading bar at the top in place of an Ong clock.
Wait For It.

Peaceful Whale

Re: 1190: Time: THE CHRONOCORP BRAINSLUG FRAME IS THE BEST BRAINSLUG FRAME.

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:27 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:The yip-long Superbowl livestream is now officially a thing; watch here. Currently on frame 2718 of 366,040 (1m30s of 3h24m40s). Frame 2708 was a cut.

nice favicon

This is Waiting for the impatient -- only 85.45 seconds per frame! That's about 21 times faster than Time during the shortpix. And yes, there is Javascript.

Thank you. It’s becuase of people like you that we cats haven’t killed all of humanity.
Spoiler:
cemper93 wrote:Your meta appears to be "just writes whatever is on his mind and doesn't remember what happened more than five hours ago"

thunk

Postby thunk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 pm UTC

Peaceful Whale wrote:
mrob27 wrote:The yip-long Superbowl livestream is now officially a thing; watch here. Currently on frame 2718 of 366,040 (1m30s of 3h24m40s). Frame 2708 was a cut.

nice favicon

Thank you. It’s becuase of people like you that we cats haven’t killed all of humanity.

though it's still seemingly too late for my feathered relatives
Free markets, free movement, free plops
Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!
troo dat

Peaceful Whale

Postby Peaceful Whale » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:25 pm UTC

We haven’t killed all the birds yet!
Spoiler:

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:31 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:For anyone interested in space, the Falcon Havy is scheduled to launch this Tuesday, barring unforseen delays. It will be the most powerful rocket launched since the Saturn V!

I was working and didn't get to watch the launch live, but I did watch the YouTube recap later, and calling the synchronised landing treeish would be an understatement.
Wait For It.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE FLUTTERBEES

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:
taixzo wrote:For anyone interested in space, the Falcon Havy is scheduled to launch this Tuesday, barring unforseen delays. It will be the most powerful rocket launched since the Saturn V!

I was working and didn't get to watch the launch live, but I did watch the YouTube recap later, and calling the synchronised landing treeish would be an understatement.

It was awesomeful, baobabs, wowterful, molpish, and all the other good things. I just watched the video of the launch, and was surprised how affecting I found the launch to be. The party atmosphere is certainly different than I remember from those old NASA launches. Of course, if there were people on the rocket, things would probably be more serious.

Awesomeful ottification, taixzo! An OTC Watch party would be awesomeful, even if it wasn't for a yip. :)

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:17 pm UTC

nice favicon

As someone without a TV, and used to Waiting For It...this seems like the perfect way for an OTTer like me to watch the game.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

svenman

Postby svenman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 am UTC

Treeish OTTercomic, taixzo!

BSTA has ONGed:

relocate box

This yellow booth seems to be a good place to hide the box.

There is absolutely no conceivable way this can go wrong.

Next b_ONG in 130:02.

In other news, I seem to have fallen prey to the basement. Don't worry though, I'm fine.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:01 pm UTC

svenman wrote:There is absolutely no conceivable way this can go wrong.

Indeed not, with that booth being yellow, and having a big M on the side, and that cap like thing on top...
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:40 am UTC

nice favicon

Oh I jokingly posted (somewhat late cos I needed to ketchup othercomics by a wip) on the relevant otherthread that if such a thing existed I would be tempted to look at it.
So I have. Neat.
I'll probably not remember to look at it again. Except this needle-pulled-thing will remind me.

Oh and my brothers got interested in Falcon Heavy and remembered to watch the live stream of the launch and I enjoyed watching the launch with them.

The Starman footage (of the car going around Earth) is being restreamed. Or it was earlier todip, not sure if it's still going/looping.
Unfotunately being on youtube meant an accompanying stream of unmoderated comments. Amid the various slurs and assorted background garbage were a lot of people arguing that the video was fake for a lot of very dumb and ignorant reasons. Hopefully most were people trolling but you never know :(
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:24 pm UTC

Awesomeful Otty Taixzo! As redundancy is molpish, I have another version:

meow:
Spoiler:
super_bowl_watch_party_ottified.png
I wonder how Time would be if Time were slowed down by 1/2300... Three newpix per yip - now that's some serious waiting for it!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:03 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Oh and my brothers got interested ..

I first read that as, "My brothers and I got arrested..." :shock:

Awesomeful otty, Jose! Indeed, you should post more, as should I.

I have to deal with a deal rat under the house and a dead stove in the kitchen. Plus I just got called to play Mahler 4 next week, so I need to practice. Instead, I decided it was time to blitz bsta. I missed that whole major exciting frame. Wow! Now I am properly waiting for it. But I just have to say, balthawiz, how treeish and wowterful the story is. There is such a wonderful and unexpected humor in the dialogue and the pictures. And I want to know what happened to b and kxa!!

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

addams

Postby addams » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:49 pm UTC

oh, Poor you, Honey.
Look on the Sunny Side.

You don't have a Dead Rat under the Stove.
Spoiler:
I lived with a constant Rat problem in the Forest Box.
It was very scary, sometimes.

I hope your Rat finds a better place to be, soon.
And; I hope that place is Not inside your car.

Sense I have moved out of the Forest,
The Rats have moved out of my car.
What are you going to Do??

**Waiting**
Spoiler:
Fr HummingBird Food to cool.
Boiling SugarWater is Hot!
Hotter than pure Water.
It's all Related.
Spoiler:
I now have some un-identified dead Thing in the Shrubs and Ivy under my deck.
I hope your stove springs to life and your Rat does not die.
Spoiler:
(I think it is a Skunk. He was visiting every night. Every night the Raccoon fought with him. A very one sided fight. We had the smell of skunk spray, everyday. Suddenly it stopped. Now...oh, Jeeze! oh, sigh...So much for enjoying my sundrinched little deck.)
This Too Will Pass...
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:53 pm UTC

I'm with addams here - better that than a dead rat in the kitchen and a dead stove under the house. Or a house under a dead rat. Or a dead rat in the stove under the house. Actually, what you have may be the best of all possible worlds. Scary, aint it? (Hmmm... where does the apostrophe go?)

addams wrote:I now have some un-identified dead Thing in the Shrubs and Ivy under my deck.
Shall we call addams' house "Area 52" now? :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:00 pm UTC

Most recent OtherComic.

Awesomeful OTThercomics, everymolpy!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

mrob27

1190: Time: THE RAPTORISH SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT FILM IS THE BEST SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT FILM.

Postby mrob27 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:57 pm UTC

I wrote:Hmmm, is that Mrorl's TARDIS over on the right?

Uh-oh. The yellow one is the MusTARDIS
Yeah, there's definitely no way anything could go wrong, here.

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: Time: THE RAPTORISH SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT FILM IS THE BEST SCRUMPTIOUS DONUT FILM.

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:28 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:THE OTTᴇʀᴄᴏɴ REDUNDABIKE FILM IS THE BEST REDUNDABIKE FILM.

Where can I see the ottercon redundabike film?

mrob27 wrote:Uh-oh. The yellow one is the MusTARDIS
Yeah, there's definitely no way anything could go wrong, here.
Yeah, it's BSTA after all. Has anything ever gone wrong in BSTA?...
Also, yellow is just a color.

On the topic of bstacolors,
on one of the otherplaces (the ott dnd game) I had some talking about the meaning of the color of the bsta undertexts.
i wonder, has anyone here noticed anything?

This frame, 199. I was very proud of it when I made it.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np3078

Postby mscha » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:00 pm UTC

CARONGOID...
Spoiler:
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I AM TWO-TONE, HEAR ME ROAR

-- posted by randompixbot

mrob27

1190: "Time": THE BFTF ROBOLPY FRAME IS THE BEST ROBOLPY FRAME.

Postby mrob27 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:57 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Where can I see the ottercon redundabike film?
Here! :P
  (admittedly, it's more of a redundagloves film, but I would imagine that there is a redundabike somewhere. Your trip back was a bit of an ordeal — perhaps a redundabike would have been useful? Or perhaps a redundatrain that arrives 2 minutes after the normal one.)

On the topic of bstacolors, / on one of the otherplaces (the ott dnd game) I had some talking about the meaning of the color of the bsta undertexts. / i wonder, has anyone here noticed anything?

Well sure, it's inside a <span class="ni"> tag. The CSS for .ni sets standard Baltha_Blue (0057af) as the text colour. This is part of a complete 4-entry Balthapalette (#000000, #0057af, #bb6622, and #ffffff). We encountered some of these palettes in connection with the BFTF frames, though the first OTT mention of "0057af" seems to be in my bOTTeriada stories. That's only after I noticed the colours being used in BFTF and I think in some earlier things by @balthasar_s, and sent a PM asking about the colours and what special significance they might have.
  You've also asked us if we know what's going on with the frame's border's colour and/or size; I can't find anything more recent than this but I think there was a much more recent question about that.
  None of these things change for me, unless someone tells me to force my browser to forget its cached copies.

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "Time": HOW ABOUT SOME COLOURS, PLEASE?

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:48 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:Well sure, it's inside a <span class="ni"> tag. The CSS for .ni sets standard Baltha_Blue (0057af) as the text colour. This is part of a complete 4-entry Balthapalette (#000000, #0057af, #bb6622, and #ffffff). We encountered some of these palettes in connection with the BFTF frames, though the first OTT mention of "0057af" seems to be in my bOTTeriada stories. That's only after I noticed the colours being used in BFTF and I think in some earlier things by @balthasar_s, and sent a PM asking about the colours and what special significance they might have.
I think it wouldn't be fair if I didn't give here some hints that I also gave there.

What I now asked about are only the undertexts (the text below a bsta frame). The colors of the interface (hyperlinks, timer, border) ar not important right now because they are something else and their meaning is already known.
So, in the most recent frames the text is blue instead of black. But what does it mean?
The content of some of the latest black word frames will be helpful to know why the next words had to be different.
Also, in some of the older frames you can also see text with coulors. what did it mean then? (that's an easy answer)

mrob27 wrote:You've also asked us if we know what's going on with the frame's border's colour and/or size; I can't find anything more recent than this but I think there was a much more recent question about that.
See this:http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101043&p=4136997#p4136997
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:17 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:09 pm UTC

Thanks, Zooman, for always keeping us on track with the OtherComics. I forget to check otherwise. (And thanks to those who fill in when Zooman is called to the Outside.)

And mrob, I'm so glad you posted to the ottercon redundabike video, I had forgotten about that.

I am definitely glad the dead rat was not in my kitchen!

I want to read through balthapuzzler's clues about colors and see what he's getting at (and mrob's responses to see what he knows), but it will have to wait (for it) until after I listen to Mahler iv a few times.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I want to read through balthapuzzler's clues about colors and see what he's getting at (and mrob's responses to see what he knows), but it will have to wait (for it) until after I listen to Mahler iv a few times.

Oh let me help you!
*flute and sleigh bells* plink plink plink plink plink plink plink plink
diddle diddle dum dum, diddle diddle dum, diddle dum, diddle dum, diddle dum
Daa daa daa DA dum daaa, diddle diddle dum dum daaaaa da...

Maybe you could ottify it to help you remember it. Though that would be tricky as only the 4th movement has any words... Das OTTische Leben?
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:30 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I want to read through balthapuzzler's clues about colors and see what he's getting at

But this is not supposed to be a puzzle. I just used color to make the change more clear.
Look at this part, when the text changed, especially at the black words.
Also look at any frame with dialogue (they also have colours)
can you already see what I mean?
>WHAT WAS THIS???

I...

have no idea what just happened

>Where are they?!

I don't know where these characters are now.

I'm afraid this means you cannot continue being that girl now.
(Or that guy)

>What now?

Once again you'll have to start being someone else.

>No

No?

Ok.

I can go and try to find out what happened and what to do with it.
But you will have to wait some time for it.

>Ok

In the meantime I can let you play a game.

I have a very cool game here.
It's called "Robotic Madness".
I'm sure you'll like it.
Check it out. I'll be back soon.

>Choose multiplayer...

To be or to join?

>Join server

A creature is standing in front of a building.
Today, the...
What time is it, in the game, anyway?

>That's irreleveant, play the game

Hm, how to control this character?

>Try to find out

This wasn't the best thing to do.

Also, a robot arrived.
BFTF replay

mrob27

1190: Time: KEEP CALM AND MEMEIFY ON

Postby mrob27 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:This frame, 199. I was very proud of it when I made it.

I like it too. Very nice animation, lots of frames.

Clues! I like clues, thank you. (And yes, this is definitely a puzzle, because we can't read minds.)

balthasar_s wrote:So, in the most recent frames the text is blue instead of black. But what does it mean?
 The content of some of the latest black word frames will be helpful to know why the next words had to be different.
 Also, in some of the older frames you can also see text with coulors. what did it mean then? (that's an easy answer)

None of those are easy to answer. The colours seem to be chosen arbitrarily, and seem to be there to disambiguate one speaker, narrator, and/or voice from another.
  Fortunately, I have saved the relevant text (with BBcode and HTML markup) from BSTA so I don't have to spam your server in order to follow this line of investigation.

The colour 0057AF has been used:
  • In frames 0042-0068, 0098 for B's dialogue
  • In frames 0138,0139 for Joe's dialogue (Old Joe or Young? who knows.)
  • In frames 0146-0174 for KXA's dialogue
  • In frames 0189-present (0199) for the "narrator"

The colour BB6622 has been used:
  • In frames 0042-0050 for TLF's dialogue
  • In frames 0052-0056 for AP's dialogue
  • In frames 0061-0068 for FTH's dialogue
  • In frame 0098 for KXA's dialogue
  • In frames 0138, 0139, 0144 for Joe's dialogue (Young Joe or Old? who knows.)
  • In frames 0146-0154 for FTH's dialogue
  • In frames 0156-0174 for B's dialogue

The colour FF8800 has been used:
  • In frames 0156-0161 for FTH's dialogue

I'm not aware of other colours being used, yet, unless you count the "default" colour which I guess we can call "black". This colour (black in my browser) has been used for the "narrator" in frames 0175-0187. Okay, so there is a different narrator in frames 0189-present. But we knew that, the narrator on 0187 said they were going to leave us to play the game (SKADV3) and "I'll be back soon". The narrator for 0189-present is somehow different. Apparently you are saying this is meaningful somehow. But we can't read minds.

mrob27 Image (and Image )

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”