1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

hunjoh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby hunjoh » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:55 am UTC

Spoiler:
lgw wrote:Mini-ketchup:

hunjoh wrote:
lgw wrote:The food question has bothered me ever since The Fading. If you have some clue about wilderness survival, and are stuck in the wilderness long term, starvation is the most likely way to die. I'm sure Cuegan took some provisions when they set out, but you just can't carry that much (and foraging for berries and grapes only helps a little if you don't already know where the food grows). Molpy hunting is often a net calorie loss (rabbits are infamous for this - you can't find and catch a rabbit without spending more calories than you get from one, on average, unless you use snares or dogs or some other trick). It's hard to believe the 40 are carrying more than a few day's food now, and I'm not sure they'd know how to fish.

If you are unexpectedly thrown into a survival situation exposure kills the quickest (a matter of hours), followed by dehydration (a matter of days), followed by starvation (a matter of weeks). We can rule out the threat exposure for this group.

That leaves dehydration as their next threat. They loaded on at least two barrels when they left camp, so that alone would give them at least couple of gallons per person. (Given our 2D perspective they could have loaded on a dozen barrels in two rows, and all we would have seen are the two barrels closest to us.) Plus all of the smaller containers of water they would have carried on. These are desert survivors, so I think water would have been one of their highest priorities.

If they can stay cool, in the shade, resting, they might be able to get their water consumption down to a couple of gallons per person per week. Also, all of this Atlantic water is going to be cool, lowering local temperature quite a bit, so from this point on we shouldn't be thinking of them sweltering in the heat. And if it rains, then they can replenish their water stores.

As far as food goes, I expect the water to be full of all kinds of molpies, swimming or freshly drowned. And many of those Atlantic fish that died from the trauma of becoming Mediterranean fish should start floating to the surface. That should supplement their food supplies nicely.

So in the context of this story I think they can survive on their rafts for at least 2 weeks, maybe a month, before it starts straining believability.

If you're skilled at wilderness survival, and it's above freezing, exposure and water you can deal with. You just need to have learned what to do (though bad water can be a real problem, it's far less of a concern in a true wilderness), and the Cueganites surely have. But food is a much harder problem: it's not just a matter of learning skills. From what we know from the few remaining hunter-gatherers in the 20th century, you pretty much have to have grown up in an area and learned every place likely to have food (and distinguish 200 species of edible plant from others of similar appearance - it's really an amazing skill set). Modern survival courses teach all this in some detail - it's possible to learn enough, but you basically spend all day foraging.

Anyhow, my point was food has been basically handwaved as an issue, in a comic where everything else is obsessed over for accuracy (even mentioning steam bottles for water), so it bothers me.

I didn't think of dead molpies on the surface. I like that. That might work for a while (dead things in the water become a bigger problem after a few days), even though I doubt the 40 can actually fish. I'm going to pretend that's the answer. :D

And don't forget that crate of food drifting in from the right of the frame... :D

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:00 am UTC

BirdONG
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 am UTC

SinusPi wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:The messages are sorted by post time -- possibly in minutes.

Dollars to peanuts say it's seconds, as Unix timestamps are used.
Also, your captcha says "74'WS 374'WS". What did I win?

{P1120}
Shirley the whole clock is used to time stamp the messages. It would be foolishly pointless to truncate it.
(The Shirley thing isn't an affectation, at least not any more; my spell checker does it for me)
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

hunjoh

Postby hunjoh » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Looks like everyone is bedding down for the night...

jeffallen55

Postby jeffallen55 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 am UTC

Okay, if I remember properly from my time in Boy Scouts, birds always grow on the north side of a tree, so at least we know which direction they're pointing.

BlitzGirl wrote:Text version of characters list:
Spoiler:
1. Cueball
2. Megan
3. LaPetite
4. Bunny
5. Mini-Bunny
6. White Bunny
7. Gray Bun
8. Black Bun
9. Curly Bun
10. Pulled Back
11. Headband
12. Meg-a-like
13. Hat-Hair
14. Loopsy
15. Rose
16. Bob
17. Pony
18. Sandy
19. She-Bangs
20. Littlest Bangs Brother
21. Middle Bangs Brother
22. Biggest Bangs Brother
23. Newest Bangs Brother
24. Sparse
25. Curly
26. Buzz
27. Brick
28. Forelock
29. Roundhair
30. Lopside
31. Shortdo
32. Shorty
33. Mini-Shortdo
34. Spike
35. Two-Tone
36. Mini-Two-Tone
37. Afro
38. Part

Very treeish! One thing though: your list leaves off Baldo. So now we're just down by 1.

mindonner

Postby mindonner » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:09 am UTC

A skein of geese!

I do love that the collective noun for geese changes depending on whether they're flying or walking.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:12 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:
patzer wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:ETA: Hold on.. I just goatted the PagePope who quoted this message before I posted it????
I think I need a ruling here...

You two just broke the space-time continuum... How in the hell could he quote your message that was submitted at the precisely same second? :shock:

"Last edited by mathmannix at newpix 2868.26, edited 4 times in total."
I assume he edited in the quote later.

Yeah, that has to be it. But why would he post the message in the first place, given that the future-quote and the reply to it is the only thing it contains? It's still a time-travel paradox. :D

{P1120}
Are there more than one front end servers? Are their clocks properly synchronised? Does the pope shit in the woods? Perhaps we just don't know.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

jeffallen55

Postby jeffallen55 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 am UTC

mindonner wrote:A skein of geese!

I do love that the collective noun for geese changes depending on whether they're flying or walking.

So, what's the collective noun for chirpies?

Arky

Postby Arky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:17 am UTC

The MegaCastleRaft looks kind of like a wagon train, at this distance and without the benefit of colour or shade to delineate between land and sea.
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

keshat

Postby keshat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:19 am UTC

How many newpix until Lucky comes floating past on top of a tree trunk?

capnbuckle

Postby capnbuckle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:22 am UTC

Arky wrote:The MegaCastleRaft looks kind of like a wagon train, at this distance and without the benefit of colour or shade to delineate between land and sea.

I wonder if they will continue to collect and lash together flotsam until they've created Sea Town. (Or maybe that would be "Pretty New Sea Town"...)

tavella

Postby tavella » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 am UTC

hunjoh wrote:Looks like everyone is bedding down for the night...

They didn't leave anyone on watch, which seems potentially a bad idea. I'd want a couple of people front and back keeping an eye on debris that might foul them and being ready to fend it off with sticks.

Zorin_75

Re: THE FORTY (aka THE THIRTY-EIGHT)

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:26 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:O-kay. I counted all the chirpin' characters and came up with 38. THAT IS NOT FORTY, GREAT LORD RANDALL.
On the other hand, kudos for coming up with 38 identifiably different characters. That's really something.
If there are two more hiding in the geraft or the raftcastle (raftsicle, yummy), I hope they come out soon.
But as thirty-eight is "about forty" I think this might be it. Over five frames they really moved around.
I split up the rafts to maximize space; the raftcastle half of the newpix is on top, the other two rafts appear below.
(Click for larger size.)

:shock: Wow. :D
That's awesomeful, dialogue page updated :)
Anybody want to try a guess who's saying what in frames m3057, m3058 and m3059?
Last edited by Zorin_75 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:28 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Go Minim go!

lgw

Postby lgw » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:27 am UTC

jeffallen55 wrote:Okay, if I remember properly from my time in Boy Scouts, birds always grow on the north side of a tree, so at least we know which direction they're pointing.

Ah, we had the same quality boy scout training! I also learned that it's important that, even though you're going to burn everything flammable within walking distance anyway, people get mad if you don't bring each thing to the campfire first. :twisted:
"In no set of physics laws do you get two cats." - doogly

keshat

Postby keshat » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:31 am UTC

Hmm. Are they going to be washed over the Sicily Sill?

I mean, if there's no control over direction or propulsion of the craft - this may start looking like driving a houseboat through a set of rapids/waterfalls...

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

THE FORTY (aka THE THIRTY-NINE)

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:40 am UTC

jeffallen55 wrote:Very treeish! One thing though: your list leaves off Baldo. So now we're just down by 1.

Oh, wow! Thanks, jeffallen! Kudos for noticing that. Poor Baldo...
Here's the updated version (click for large size):

Text version of characters list:
Spoiler:
1. Cueball
2. Megan
3. LaPetite
4. Bunny
5. Mini-Bunny
6. White Bunny
7. Gray Bun
8. Black Bun
9. Curly Bun
10. Pulled Back
11. Headband
12. Meg-a-like
13. Hat-Hair
14. Loopsy
15. Rose
16. Bob
17. Pony
18. Sandy
19. She-Bangs
20. Littlest Bangs Brother
21. Middle Bangs Brother
22. Biggest Bangs Brother
23. Newest Bangs Brother
24. Sparse
25. Curly
26. Buzz
27. Brick
28. Forelock
29. Roundhair
30. Lopside
31. Shortdo
32. Shorty
33. Mini-Shortdo
34. Spike
35. Two-Tone
36. Mini-Two-Tone
37. Afro
38. Part
39. Baldo

Redundant:
Spoiler:

LARGE SIZE:
39Characters.png

SMALL SIZE:
39CharactersSmaller.png

Keywords: BGUM The forty the thirty-nine reupload version 2.0 new redo all characters group cueganites cuegan people number identify locate name
redundant62.png
redundant62.png (171.44 KiB) Viewed 8198 times
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:41 am UTC

I don't have long. It's beginning. A few last posts before it starts:

DavidRa wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Been some good discussion on here on how we could do Rosetta and beanish so keep that coming!

I forgot I'd been thinking about this - the rest of the family plays something called "Animal Crossing" on the Nintendo 3DSXLQZ+Awesome (or whatever it's called). The animal characters have this sort of garbled speech thing where it's almost understandable.

If the Beanie voiceover could have a similar sort of process, but not as strongly done, it might work. Info here.

Yay, another molpy crossing fan! Though, I suppose your post implies you're not really a fan so much as kin to some...but really, you ought to be, it's a great game :D
CONNECTION LOG: BITS RECEIVED POST-SUBMISSION, RECTIFYING POST CONTENT

Exodies wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
patzer wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:ETA: Hold on.. I just goatted the PagePope who quoted this message before I posted it????
I think I need a ruling here...

You two just broke the space-time continuum... How in the hell could he quote your message that was submitted at the precisely same second? :shock:

"Last edited by mathmannix at newpix 2868.26, edited 4 times in total."
I assume he edited in the quote later.

Yeah, that has to be it. But why would he post the message in the first place, given that the future-quote and the reply to it is the only thing it contains? It's still a time-travel paradox. :D

{P1120}
Are there more than one front end servers? Are their clocks properly synchronised? Does the pope shit in the woods? Perhaps we just don't know.

Is there such a thing as two events objectively occurring simultaneously? Perhaps from all perspectives things happened in a linear fashion. It is ambiguous without a completely objective frame of reference (the server is not objective - anything could happen to those electrons in the tubes)

And with that, I must - I must - c#c@#c%#$#oma-3$%#a4#@1a$#@#a2#$5^@~!@$$%$#@ ||| WARNING ||| SIGNAL LOST. ATTEMPTING RECONNECT IN 0:20:19 +- 2:36
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:58 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:51 am UTC

capnbuckle wrote:
Arky wrote:The MegaCastleRaft looks kind of like a wagon train, at this distance and without the benefit of colour or shade to delineate between land and sea.

I wonder if they will continue to collect and lash together flotsam until they've created Sea Town. (Or maybe that would be "Pretty New Sea Town"...)

This could be the start of a Waterworld like city. Something akin to Image.
Of course this isn't Waterworld. It holds to the laws of physics as close as GLR can find the details, not as close to the laws of physics as the movie makers felt like. Thus they'll flow to the mainland, France most likely, and go to land there. They'll continue their nomadic existence. Due to the influx of people from the filling Mediterranean sea the people will feel it's far to crowded to live properly, despite the fact that most area's are less densely populated than the least populated areas in current Europe. They have grown accustomed to the lebensraum the Antares incidentcookie? provided. Local warlords feel this restlessness and adjust their punishments to newcomers accordingly. They'll be executed for trespassing. Thus ends Time.

cookie?Unsure whether it actually was Antares' supernova that actually caused the death of most people on Earth. But you know what I mean. It may simply be that the wealthy people left Earth for Mars because the habitats on Mars were the place to be. This leaving would have been done by space elevator. Once they left the space elevator wasn't maintained and the resulting crash caused a dust cloud that kept food production low for half a century. The resulting world war was what killed most of the rest.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

anabatica

Postby anabatica » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:01 am UTC

GONG NIGHT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:06 am UTC

Oooh...
*looks at stars*

jeffallen55 wrote:So, what's the collective noun for chirpies?

A chirpin' chirpload of chirpies, most likely.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:07 am UTC

Quick! Summon the astronomers to the thread!

"You have died of dysentry".
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

capnbuckle

Postby capnbuckle » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:11 am UTC

Eutychus wrote:Quick! Summon the astronomers to the thread!

"You have died of dysentry".

You called?

I believe this is looking north...with the bright star upper center being Vega in the constellation Lyra... Down and right of that appears to be Hercules. The north celestial pole, in theory, should be between Lyra and Hercules.

EDIT: But I need a more favorable Gamma and a glance at the charts to be certain...
RE-EDIT: NOPE! Center of the field of view is Perseus. The fuzzy patch of stars to the right is of course the Pleiades. 's what I get for rambling off the cuff without double checking. :P
Last edited by capnbuckle on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:33 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

bachaddict
Handel Played it Better

Postby bachaddict » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:11 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Hello, bachaddict! It's definitely possible, especially when you take into account What Ifs #53 and #54, Drain the Oceans, which certainly seem RELATED to the events in the OTC. But if anything I would guess that it would be GLR's work on the OTC that would be more likely to engender various spin-off What Ifs, rather than the OTC itself being nothing but a lead-up to a new What If. Of course, I might be biased towards the OTC just a teeny tiny riverish bit. :wink:

:D I feel welcomed!
Since I don't ketchup, I won't see it if you xuys talk to me. Exciting Times these are!
slinches wrote:Also, the OTC isn't a disease. In fact, it's the cure. As we all know, Time heals all wounds.

Thanks for the molpish wig ggh!
he/him/his

Davidy

Postby Davidy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:19 am UTC

hunjoh wrote:I remember seeing some safety information from the Coast Guard that stated that a in large percentage cases where people fall overboard and drown, the bodies were recovered with their fly unzipped. (The Coast Guard was emphasizing the need to wear life jackets at all times...)

I heard that same statistic regarding people who fall over the edge of the Grand Canyon.
"It's only funny until someone loses an eye, then it's still funny but they can only see it in 2-D."

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:20 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
Tatiana wrote:If you haven't read them yet, the Vorkosigan series by Lois McMaster Bujold is very good.

A bit of book reply about Vorkosigan (off-topic!) - so feel free to skip.
Spoiler:
You know, I made it through the two prequels about Miles' mom/dad, and about 4 Miles books after that but just couldn't make it any further. I also didn't read any of the short stories. It's so damn hard to discover what order you should read the series in, and ultimately - that's what made me stop. I did like the Miles character, tho.

Spoiler:
I thought the first two about the parents were the best of the bunch. They are together in one volume called "Cordelia's Honor". After that, the others are meant to go in any order at all, but I think the next ones to read would be "Young Miles" which has 3 novels combined, then "Miles Errant". Next "Miles, Mystery and Mayhem" and "Miles, Mutants, and Microbes" either one first, which also have 3 novels or novellas each. Then "Miles in Love" next. That contains one of the funniest novels I've ever read, "A Civil Campaign". Then after that it's just snapping up the leftovers that aren't yet combined into an omnibus volume yet. "Memory", "Cryoburn", and the latest which is called "Captain Vorpatril's Alliance" starring not Miles but his cousin Ivan, who is taken more seriously in this one. Up to then he'd mostly been comic relief. This is from memory so I really ought to check it. Miles' stories are kind of fluffy and silly compared to his parents, I think, but the more I read Bujold the more I like her.

Someone else I can't believe I didn't mention before is Octavia Butler. I love her Xenogenesis series which is published together in one book as "Lilith's Brood". It's wonderful and I've read it several times. Next favorite is "Fledgling" which is her take on vampires, and was meant to be the first of a series. Alas, she died before she could write more of them. Next is the Patternist Series which is also in one book now. The first of these, Wild Seed, should win a Nobel Prize or something. It's that good. She's amazing.
Last edited by Tatiana on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:46 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:26 am UTC

capnbuckle wrote:EDIT: But I need a more favorable Gamma and a glance at the charts to be certain...

Better?
Spoiler:
skyenhance.png
Go Minim go!

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:30 am UTC

Capella (in Auriga) is the very bright star in the lower left. Aldeberan (in Taurus) is in the lower right. Pleiades above and left of Taurus. Mirphak (in Perseus) is above Capella. Algol is to the right of Mirphak. Algol is a famous variable (eclipsing binary in this case) star discovered way back. Looks pretty bright here, so not in an eclipsed phase. We're looking vaguely south, maybe a bit to the east. Hard (at least for me) to pin down a date because there are no planets or Moon visible. If this is April 13291, the Moon passed through Taurus on the 10th. I cannot get the star orientations and the horizon to line up for any date in April or May. I'll leave it to someone with more expertise.

Arky

Postby Arky » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:33 am UTC

Time passing montage!

I wouldn't be shocked if we get another fade-to-black cut soon.
Veteran of the One True Thread. And now the Too True Thread?

kasmeneo

Postby kasmeneo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:35 am UTC

capnbuckle wrote:

I wonder where all the flotsam suddenly came from. The last larger plant was the yucca-like one on frame 2997m. From there until they meet the others, go into the village, see the arrival of the castleraft, nothing, and they're closer to the sea, so judging from the start of their journey, there just is no vegetation there.

Then, when the raft is equipped with the yurts and starts to float away, the water is full of trees and stuff floating along and past them. And some huge trees. They can't possibly have been washed down all the way from Gibraltar. Or can they?
It's cooler up here.

Nilpferdschaf

Postby Nilpferdschaf » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:37 am UTC

Zorin_75 wrote:
Spoiler:
capnbuckle wrote:EDIT: But I need a more favorable Gamma and a glance at the charts to be certain...

Better?Image

This might be a bit far fetched, but the darker part at the bottom cloud be the continental slope in the distance. There are no stars in that region and normally you'd expect the sky to be lighter closer to the horizon, right?

mikro2nd

Postby mikro2nd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:39 am UTC

anabatica wrote:GONG NIGHT

Who's on meteor-watch?
And Good De-Coma to you!
One world, one soul
Time pass, the river rolls

jeffallen55

Postby jeffallen55 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:40 am UTC

Davidy wrote:
hunjoh wrote:I remember seeing some safety information from the Coast Guard that stated that a in large percentage cases where people fall overboard and drown, the bodies were recovered with their fly unzipped. (The Coast Guard was emphasizing the need to wear life jackets at all times...)

I heard that same statistic regarding people who fall over the edge of the Grand Canyon.

Kids, this is why you must always wear your life jacket when you visit the Grand Canyon.
In other news, down molpyscope!
Spoiler:

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:00 am UTC

DawnONG

Astronomers may molpy down.
Be very careful about rectilinear assumptions. Raptors could be hiding there - ucim

spamjam

Postby spamjam » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:01 am UTC

Yay! Beesnake! Are those flying fishes(ack!) on the left, or just birds, or ?
Looks like most everyone is still acoma.
Last edited by spamjam on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:49 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

sidd

Postby sidd » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:03 am UTC

Assuming that it is the year 13291, we're looking roughly ESE. The Sun has *just* disappeared below the horizon behind us.

Assuming it is still Apr or May, we should see Mars in Gemini, which is just below the horizon and in centre of frame.

Aw.
Last edited by sidd on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:05 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

tavella

Postby tavella » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:04 am UTC

spamjam wrote:Yay! Beesnake! Are those flying fishes on the left, or just birds, or ?

They look like flying fish to me, too.

zyzyzyryxy

Postby zyzyzyryxy » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:11 am UTC

Am I first one to notice that alt-text is now "..."?
Sorry if someone said that a few pages before, I am skimming that thread a few pages at once occasionally.
EDIT: Aww, I wasn't first....
Last edited by zyzyzyryxy on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:12 am UTC

tavella wrote:They look like flying fish to me, too.

Don't look fishy to me...
Spoiler:
pterosaurs.png
pterosaurs.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 7913 times
Go Minim go!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:16 am UTC

Ninja'd! I was just about to say I thought they were Sea-River raptors...

Redundant:
Spoiler:

SeaRiverRaptors.png

Keywords: BGUM sea river raptors raptor bird fly fish flying
redundant63.png
redundant63.png (133.54 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eutychus

Postby Eutychus » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am UTC

sidd wrote:

Aw.

I can see more scope for Randall messing with us.

In a few newpix: raft with Beanie aboard appears; Beanie utters a few words of Beanish; "summon the linguists!"

Next newpix: Beanie has disappeared, top of wowtree appears; "summon the botanists!"

Next newpix: night falls. "Summon the astronomers!".

And so on...

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”