1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

taixzo

Re: 1190: Time: EXCUSE ME MA'AM, DO YOU HAVE A MOMENT TO TALK ABOUT BLUEPIXELS?

Postby taixzo » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:49 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:
taixzo wrote: […] I was reading through the comments on a dithering algorithm and noticed one posted by mrob.
I tried to find the mrob there and I failed.

I didn't find it either… but I suppose I must have posted something about dithering to some forum, just not that one.

I assume this was you in the HN comments?
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:06 pm UTC

Gingercat wrote:For context, the tavern that the frost giant is kicking is called The Seven Otters, and is a dimension-hopping, plot-central building in the OTTDnD game.
wait, so I was wrong all the time?
I always thought that the other tavern, where the story started was called that.
Also, aren't the crypts (supposed to be) plot-central?

but just to chatter :)
also, worst possible time to advertise the chat :) just when we stopped the whole world for ketchup reasons.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

svenman

Postby svenman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:53 pm UTC

Welcome forward, all the recent unbasementees!

New BSTA:

???

Looks like something now definitely happened after all. But what exactly? The results look very dramatic, at any rate...
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:30 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Wow, Pfhorrest, it's amazing how much work you've done on your story. I've started reading it, and I'm just amazed at the complexity and connections among the various narratives.

Thanks! That might be the best compliment I've gotten so far. :)
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:39 pm UTC

svenman wrote:Looks like something now definitely happened after all. But what exactly? The results look very dramatic, at any rate...
Interesting that the bicycle escaped being affected by whatever it was that smoking-holed the building. So, not an explosion in the ordinary sense.

A warp in the space-time continuum?

A portal to or from the basement?

I'm going with the latter, as we've had some molpish basement visitors lately! Hi Neil! Hi edo!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "Time"; What happeened to my 4-color world?

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:46 pm UTC

svenman wrote:Looks like something now definitely happened after all. But what exactly?
Finding out what it was will require some waiting for it.

This is a rather important frame.

So Imade an exception for this frame and used 5 colors for it.
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

mrob27

1190: Time: KXA, I'VE GOT A FEELING WE'RE NOT ON THE SEA ANYMORE

Postby mrob27 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 am UTC

ucim wrote:Interesting that the bicycle escaped being affected by whatever it was that smoking-holed the building. So, not an explosion in the ordinary sense.

I would imagine that is because the event that just took place is like the corresponding event in Homestuck.

Here is the event (Flash required). Compare the disposition of the car, before and after the event.

The difference here is that, we (the viewer) see the event from a different point of view.
  In Homestuck, the viewer (i.e. when we're in John's storyline) travels with the building, which ends up at the summit of a mysterious pinnacle rising a kilometre or so above another world. (The car soon falls and lands on the surface of the new world).
  In BSTA, we have just seen the event from the point of view of the surrounding landscape, where there is now a hole where the building used to be.

balthasar_s wrote:This is a rather important frame. / So Imade an exception for this frame and used 5 colors for it.

:D ENHANCE!? … No, I guess not, all 5 colours are visible.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:33 am UTC

Ah yes. The dimension hopping tavern is called the Shipping Container. The one where it all started (and is still plot-central) is The Seven Otters. It's the one the game is named after.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:16 am UTC

mrob27 wrote::D ENHANCE!? … No, I guess not, all 5 colours are visible.
Maybe it's 5 in a different base. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:03 am UTC

There is no reason whatsoever to think that the Seven Otters Bar has been known to dimension-shift.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:05 pm UTC

I feel all warm and fuzzy by the welcome here ❤
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:27 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:Oh, and the latest Torgos news: He got hit with a Disintegrate spell. He didn't survive it.

:(

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:15 am UTC

It's not all bad though.

He got himself Disintegrated as part of a (successful!) attempt to assassinate a particularly awful Archduke who was causing all sorts of bad in the land. Said Archy's pet wizards both threw a Disintegrate spell at poor Torgos; he Matrixed around the first one with a Nat20, but fell barely short of dodging the second one... by 1. Since he'd already taken a metric ton of damage from the melee-oriented guards present, the damage from the Disintegrate was enough to vaporise him outright.

This is fine, and actually potentially an advantage. Since he and the Archduke are now both in the afterlife together awaiting their souls being judged, Torgos might just have an excellent opportunity to destroy the Archduke permanently by destroying his soul, thus preventing his lackies from going "Meh, he's dead. Time for True Resurrection! Oh hey look, he's back, and he's pissed." Can't Res someone if there's no soul to call back!

That, and the party is (of course) planning their own True Res for Torgos. They managed to gather up his stuff during the GTFO phase of the plan... And Torgos is, if nothing else, intensely interested in new experiences to write about. Why not experience (albeit fairly briefly) the Afterlife itself?

I really need to get back onto writing his Chronicles, if anyone's still interested in reading them - Anyone want to know what he's been up to since the last update?

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:46 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:It's not all bad though.
Well, it might not be "all bad" for the party, but how is it not "all bad" for the Gingercat that's playing the character that no longer has anything to do? (I can think of a few ways; I wonder which is the one in play). And while I'm on the line to the D&D group - hi all!... sorry I wasn't "all there" when I was there, but she put me on while I was also having an actual meatspace with ggh and the Little Wonder, so was a bit... er... distracted. Or, to expand on an old Baltimore saying, I had more everything than fit in my own everything!

Gingercat wrote:I really need to get back onto writing his Chronicles, if anyone's still interested in reading them - Anyone want to know what he's been up to since the last update?
I'm certainly interested in how Torgos writes about his own Voldeframe.

Jose

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:02 am UTC

New OtherComic.

ETA new OTThercomic:
Spoiler:
Redundant:
Spoiler:

1921ott.png
1921ott.png (16.05 KiB) Viewed 14980 times
1921ott_redundant.png
1921ott_redundant.png (21.07 KiB) Viewed 14980 times
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:ETA new OTThercomic:
Spoiler:
Like unto a burnt steak! But can we actually see the beanies from the moon when the moon no longer exists?

Jose

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:51 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Well, it might not be "all bad" for the party, but how is it not "all bad" for the Gingercat that's playing the character that no longer has anything to do? (I can think of a few ways; I wonder which is the one in play).

It looks like we're going with the Afterlife Assassination plotline, after some discussion with the DM. I also hear on the grapevine that at least one character is going to deliberately join him in the Afterlife in order to help ensure that this next-level assassination is successful. Now that's dedication! (OoC, I highly suspect the controller for the other character involved will do the same. They're both THAT intense.)

I'm certainly interested in how Torgos writes about his own Voldeframe.

Jose

Ok, I'll resume his scribblings as soon as I am able! :)

svenman

Postby svenman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:01 am UTC

Neil, good to see you alive at your usual level of ghostliness and well!

bsta_ConfusONG:
WHAT WAS THIS???

I...

have no idea what just happened.

On the other hand, I have some idea what is going to happen next.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:04 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:It looks like we're going with the Afterlife Assassination plotline...
Whoa... you mean, after you're dead you can still be assassinated??? Man, you xuys are heavy!

Jose

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:57 am UTC

ucim wrote:Whoa... you mean, after you're dead you can still be assassinated??? Man, you xuys are heavy!

Jose

There's only one way to be sure they can't come back...

And that's to not leave enough of them for it to be possible. :twisted:

When we say you're risking your soul by being moustache-twirlingly evil by choice, we don't just mean you risk your soul ending up in an unpleasant afterlife... Nope, in some cases, we'll follow you in and damn-well ensure you won't have the option of returning... Or any other options either, really.

And hey... You had it coming: "Evil, meet Torgos. Torgos, meet Evil!".

Torgos gonna Torgos, yo.

mrob27

1190: Time: NOW I AM BECOME SHORTY__S, THE *AUFMOLP*ER OF BSTA

Postby mrob27 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:38 am UTC

svenman wrote:On the other hand, I have some idea what is going to happen next.

My analogy to the car in Homestuck seems all the more prescient.

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: Time; WILL THERE BE CARS, IN THE AFTERWHEN?

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
svenman wrote:On the other hand, I have some idea what is going to happen next.

My analogy to the car in Homestuck seems all the more prescient.

Spoiler:

Redundant
Spoiler:
hs00262.gif
BFTF replay

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 am UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:19 am UTC

Some mini-QONGs this week as I'm starting my month of cleanup as scheduled.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Gingercat

The Chronicles of Torgos, Vol. 17

Postby Gingercat » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:03 pm UTC

Welcome to The Chronicles of Torgos, Vol. 17! The theme of today's update is "Ash To Ash, Dust To Dust".
<- Volume 16

The journal is missing a few pages here entirely, and the ones after the missing section are covered in a fine blueish, scaly dust, as if dragon scales were hit with the Disintegrate spell and this is the result. The script itself gives the impression of someone writing in a very languid, relaxed fashion, as if they've got all the time in the world to jot down their thoughts, and then some. It's even more scrawly and disorganised than usual, and random doodles of smileys, dragons, books and magical miscellania adorn the pages. It's quite whimsical and airy...

The journal continues:

Spoiler:
Disintegrated! Sent to the Afterlife to await judgement by a Disintegrate spell, of all things, ha! A painless and damned impressive death in the line of duty and the service of Good. I don't know whether to be insulted or impressed... Eh, I'll go with impressed. The Afterlife is no place to be miserable and bemoan one's fate, that's my thoughts. Besides, I'm a follower of the Lady of Joy nowadays! (That's Lliira, for the uninitiated, in case anyone ever finds my scribblings and is bored enough to read them.) Now I get to see and write about some more neat experiences. How many Sages have experienced what comes after death and bothered to write about it? After all, there's always the possibility that the others will be able to organise a Resurrection, if they managed to escape... The Lizard was certainly doing a truly astounding job of antagonising them shortly before I got dusted, so I can only hope they decided to be quite rash in their approach to things... Ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself. It looks like that spell ate some of my prior pages. That's what I get for using non-magical ink on them, hm? Oh well. I'll write a recap of what has happened since the last update that didn't get eaten by a spell, let's see how far back I lost... Oh dear, that *is* a lot of scribbles now consigned to the cleaners, along with my Prime Material body.

Oh well. I've got time. I'll write while I stroll around and see if I can locate that idiot Archduke who caused so much misery before I Blighted him into jerky. I'd like to see if it's possible to destroy him here too, permanently, so that none of his lackies can Resurrect him and have him be even more of an awful cur as revenge for getting killed. That'd be just his style. The region would really, REALLY suffer with him back and enraged, and as a beacon of Good and joy, this I cannot allow. Hmm, it really is too bad the Lizard isn't here, I'm sure he would love to try eating a soul. He's tried just about everything else...

Let's see... [Ruffles pages] Oh wow, I didn't realise that the journal pages took on the look, feel and smell of whatever was the major theme of that update. That's neat. Now I REALLY hope my journal survives and is read by future generations! Come on Torgos, stop waffling. You've got lots of time, but it's probably not infinite... Deep breath... Not that breathing is required here... Okay. So I'd just created my wonderful Scales of the Suffering Sage. I still wear them proudly, and as a permanent reminder to myself of the harm that can come from doing nothing. I've gone back home to the Vale of Mists in order to start setting up a massive, inter-planar trade hub (I have some very talented friends there when it comes to trade; they will be invaluable in assisting me), and I've really ramped up trade with the Elemental Plane of Air (and my Cloud Giant friend there, Laird Catchaūn Cloudkilt, has substantially expanded his empire, mostly through hard work and determination, and partly due to very profitable trades with me), and as a result of that, I was able to create some VERY fancy clothes from Thundersheep woo for myself and my friends. These wonderful woolens provide Resistance against all Cold and electrical damage, and when in cold environments such as tundra or mountain blizzards, anyone wearing them doesn't have to worry about exhaustion from the elements. I myself don't have to worry about electrical damage, being completely immune to it, but it comes in very handy for my friends, and the resistance to cold is fantastic. Wearing them in hot environs like a desert would *cause* exhaustion very rapidly though, naturally, so discretion is advised.

It came in very handy indeed on the journey through the mountains that border the Vale of Mists. During that journey, we battled several Yeti, and a Yeti Priest of Auril. We took their horns and pelts as trophies and trade goods, and I accidentally caused an avalanche with the application of a couple of Fireballs to one group of them giving us a lot of trouble. Thankfully, I had a Wall of Force spell available, and was able to quickly cast that and provide us with a protective "V" shape that the oncoming snow flowed around and over while we hid within it.

During our travels, I don't remember precisely when, we've made the acquaintance of a Lizardfolk named Brax. He's a member of the Goldcrest tribe, and is intensely interested in sampling everything he can get his teeth around. One of his Great Hunts was going after a Unicorn, which he turned into very glittery Unicorn Jerky, and took to wearing its skin like a cloak. This turned out to be even worse than some of the ideas I've had (but how was he to know?) - He got himself quite inventively cursed by the Unicorn's patron deity. Now, Lizardfolk are quite emotionless... To the point that emotions in general are a foreign concept to them. They don't feel particularly strongly about anything, and emotions like joy, anger, gratitude, sadness, grief, sorrow, shame, etc... These just aren't on their radar. So imagine his surprise (relatively speaking) when he suddenly found himself in the possession of the twin emotions Grief and Sorrow! He's an immensely practical sort though. Since then, he's undergone his own redemptive arc (which included carrying around a huge menhir stone as penance, which apparently grew lighter over time as he performed acts of redemption), and has now essentially ended up with a full range of emotions, the good and the bad. He's become an absolutely intriguing individual as a result.

The Barbarian, Varen, has also undergone some... personal growth. She was a half-orc, but now she (and indeed her entire tribe) have been changed into a race called the "Volodni". She's still able to change into her Werewolf form, but this change has given her several elemental resistances, and complete immunity to poisons. Absolutely fascinating.

A major personal change for me is that, in keeping with my shift to a Chaotic Good alignment, I've decided to follow Lliira as my patron. She's the Lady of Joy, and since I've made it my personal mission to bring joy and happiness to the world wherever possible, it made perfect sense for me to be a follower of Lliira, whose modus operandi is likewise the spread of joy and good times. I've always made a point of assisting bards, and gave a bard the Canaith Mandolin I was carrying... just because. Bards bring joy, I like joy, he could make use of it and I could not - What was there to even think about? His expression when he realised what he was holding, that it would never, ever need tuning, and would enhance his Bardic abilities... That was most definitely joy and wonder. Ah, good times indeed. Before this, I was unaligned with any particular deity. I think the expecation was that I would follow Mystra, like most of the other Dragonborn in the Vale of Mists, and although I am definitely magically inclined, I think I like this better.

We've also been to the Elemental Plane of Fire! In our dealings with some wizard merchants, I was able to buy the Crown of Charaxxus, the skull of a Red Dragon which, when worn as a helm, grants complete immunity to Fire damage, and allows me to turn my Breath weapon from a 3d6 lightning-damage cone into an 8d6 fire-damage one. I finally got to test out that ability during the Archduke battle too, and it was wonderful.

[The journal briefly detours into discussions on the various benefits of one element over the other in particular situations, and how wearing the Thundersheep clothing into the Plane of Fire would have been a hilariously bad idea.]

The Plane of Fire was a fascinating place. We entered it through a discovered portal in some underground ruins. A clever wizard had created a portal to a lava pool on the Plane of Fire, Stoneshaped a basin around it to contain the lava, and had themselves an always-hot source of lava for the various heating requirements that come with magical studies. I was able to Stoneshape a conduit to safely channel the lava away and reveal the portal itself (it took a while to actually drain, since the portal led to the bottom of a massive obsidian chimney in the Plane of Fire with a small lava pool at the bottom). On the other side of the portal, the sides of the obsidian chimney rose into the far distance, enclosing us entirely, with a very, very bright shining object at the very top, like a miniature sun. Could that be the Elemental Crystal of Fire I'd come to this plane seeking? Surely it wouldn't be so easy to locate one!

Stepping out of the portal (which also involved a change in gravity orientation; now THAT is a weird feeling!), I was able to walk around in the shallow pool of lava without fear due to my amazing helm. The lava was very thick, like superhot molasses, but it was absolutely fun to walk in lava! My companions couldn't do the same (and found it a bit crazy that I'd even try it), because they only have Fire Resistant equipment. Much like the woolen clothes in cold environments, their equipment allows them to exist within extremely hot ones like this without quickly fatiguing, but it doesn't go so far as to allow quiet strolls in the lava like my helm does.

Looking up into the vast expanse of the stone chimney, it quickly became apparent that on our way up, we could probably expect some arachnid company. The entirety of the structure was festooned with glowing Fire Spider webs. The further up they went, the thicker (and larger) they got. At the mention of this, Brax immediately ponders how they would taste, and whether, being Fire Spiders, they're basically already pre-cooked. I must say, I respect his no-nonsense approach to life's problems: Just eat them!

-> (Placeholder link for Vol. 18, ignore)
Last edited by Gingercat on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:19 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: The Chronicles of Torgos, Vol. 17

Postby SBN » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 am UTC

Gingercat wrote:The journal continues:

Yay!

And I still totally mean to go spend some time with The Chronicles of Quelouva.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

addams

Postby addams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:51 am UTC

SBN!
Long Time!
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np2801

Postby mscha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:00 am UTC

OUTRONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by ucim.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MOLPY DON'T CARE. MOLPY DON'T GIVE A CH*RP.

-- posted by randompixbot

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:11 am UTC

1000 new pages since I attempted to blitz.

Guess I better start again before that problem multiplies! Hello, everyone!
Ah yes, just what I've been missing from our modern Reddits and such: A signature! Whatever did we used to put in these? Uhhhhhhhhh

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:13 am UTC

Hi there SehWho! Welcome forward!

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:49 am UTC

joee wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/90a46673c29fabb6a1eca1d3d0c5f52103c8e48b246e328dc2aed93b32e48ecb.png

is he reaching to her or pushing her away?

I'm just beginning this second attempt at a blitz, and immediately this is far different than I remember. A link that's not dead is a welcome sight, and I'm already seeing reminders that this is not the internet that I was on even in my original stay here. It's quite sobering, it feels so recent but so much has changed. It's funny, I still have some residual guilt for not showing up again after receiving a warm welcome and a new profile picture from ergman.

This means more to me than I expected it to.
Ah yes, just what I've been missing from our modern Reddits and such: A signature! Whatever did we used to put in these? Uhhhhhhhhh

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:28 am UTC

SehWho wrote:
joee wrote:http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/time/90a46673c29fabb6a1eca1d3d0c5f52103c8e48b246e328dc2aed93b32e48ecb.
A link that's not dead is a welcome sight,
But this link is not dead:

But some of others are.
Some pictures in some posts are not there any more.

But I made a mirror:
http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/ott/
It's a redundant copy of the thread.
If a picture was still there when I made the mirror in 2014, it is saved.
so when blitzing on the mirror you will see things which could have disappeared on the real thread.
BFTF replay

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Egg Time"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:32 am UTC

Hello SehWho!

Sorry anyone who expected great things from me out of the xkcd Game Jam. I got caught up in Outside commitments (and lack of sleep due to getting up at 5am to see the start of Desert Bus) and just wasn't getting anywhere so I dropped out rather than waste Time making something half-baked. Then later last wip I was sick for a few dips (a bug that went around most of my family, was kinda annoying but not too bad, just rather unmolpish). Also (unrelated) StormAngel had a birthdip. Another brother has a birthdip soon. Right now it is raining heavily. Neat!
I should go scramble some eggs. (literally)
BTW all the notable happenings of Desert Bus For Hope are available to be rewatched at your leisure here https://www.youtube.com/user/DesertBusForHope lots of fun to be had, and maybe even some worthwhile advice!

And this is pretty fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kgbxag0DQM
(previewninja'd by balthasar_s, hi!)
ETA found this nifty spotight video of the gamejam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccQQPd7GujE
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

SehWho

Postby SehWho » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:17 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:But this link is not dead

I was quoting that because seeing living ones is a welcome sight. I suppose I didn't make that clear enough, my bad.

I'll be continuing my blitz from that mirror, though, thank you!

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:11 am UTC

Where are they?!

I don't know where these characters are now.

I'm afraid this means you cannot continue being that girl now.
(Or that guy)

Oh dear.

(Yes, I am still in the basement. Sorry.)
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 am UTC

Welcome back SehWho! And welcome back to the blitz... you're not the only one that stopped for a long pint; you're in most molpish company. Randalspeed, and we hope to keep hearing from you!

And... re: the bike drop - who (and where) is the one rating the plunge?

Jose

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:44 am UTC

ucim wrote:And... re: the bike drop - who (and where) is the one rating the plunge?
It's not the first time a nice bike drop has been rated like this.
See 142:
Spoiler:
BFTF replay

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:53 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:57 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:It's not the first time a nice bike drop has been rated like this.
Sure, but in that one we could easily get the drop on the one doing the rating.

Jose

mrob27

1190: Time: I'M NOT A NEWPIXTER, BUT I DROPPED ONE IN THE MOUNTAINS.

Postby mrob27 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:02 pm UTC

ucim wrote:And… re: the bike drop - who (and where) is the one rating the plunge?

Noting @balthasar_s's reply, and considering the entire storyline of Homestuck, there are one or two quite plausible explanations for who (or what) is/are rating the plunge.

mrob27 Image (and Image )

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”