1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2130

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm UTC

AUTOMOME wrote:IN A DUNEJUMPISHLY erOTTic TURN OF EVENTS, CUEGAN DIDN'T OTTIFY
That's the exact opposite of erOTTic, AUTOMOME.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Eternal Density

Re: 1851: "Magnetohydrodynamics vs Professor Charles Xavier"

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:35 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:I disliked bvs so much I didn't even watch ww, but if it's that good I'll give it a watch when it gets released to disk.
In general, ww lacks the things people disliked about bvs, and has the things people thought bvs lacked. For example it has a lot of wingish scenery.

For decree:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:56 pm UTC

At approximately (2017-06-16 13:34:11 UTC) The autogenerated portion of Balthasar's signature disappeared.
Wait For It.

mrob27

1190: "Time": IF SCHIZO-SHIPPING YOU IS WRONG, I DON'T WANT TO BE RIGHT

Postby mrob27 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:03 am UTC

I'm semi-aware of what's going on here. I keep falling behind a little bit, then I do ketchup. I try to add new things to the OMD, for example Tim just got added.

balthasar_s wrote:Musical machines / I did it! / I made a custom software for a device produced by my FFS. It can play music now. It can play up to 4 notes at the same time.
  [More Musical Nerdsniping, incl. OTT:2579:37, OTT:2581:28, OTT:2582:21, OTT:2584:7]

(also @taixzo, OTT:2581:32)

Am I the only one who thought of FLOPPOTRON 2.0 (Paweł Zadrożniak, example performance) ?

Another thing to consider. / Imagine this situation (not very likely): / I post the video. […] Some [Megalovania] fans find the video and start sharing it, more people see it. Someone recognizes what machine it is. (Not difficult, the logo is visible on the beginning). The company which produces the machine […] finds out and is not happy that they are getting attention because of the "[their product] plays music" video. […] They want their machines to be associated with other things than sound playing. […] / I would be in trouble then.

Could this be like what BRAUN must be thinking after viewing A toaster plays the Imperial march? :D

It was molpish that @balthasar_s had a postcount of 2001 and I had 1200 at the same time (same digits in a different order).

balthasar_s wrote:The sound can be generated using PWM, […] I had just enough space for the downgraded recording. And it works

This sent me down a hopmolpyhole looking for something I remember from the 1970's, but I didn't find it. I found lots of demoscene stuff though.
  Anyway, in the Apple ][ days it was quite practical to render digitised real-world recordings using even cruder methods. One recording I remember pretty well was the Micky Mouse Club theme song, about 18 seconds of audio in 32 KiB of data (I don't know how it worked, but it sounded like 1-bit samples!). I also wrote my own code to play 4-voice polyphonic music on a Z-80 using three-level output (like PWM would be with 2-bit samples but one of the 4 values isn't allowed). It worked exceptionally well.
I was wondering why the *bdex story is still waiting to make another post. / Then I noticed that the past is being edited: / […]
mrob27 wrote:and sundry other devices

This word. The first time I noticed this word was this post:
mrob27 wrote:(OTT:1588:16) A Time-Capsule in Sundry Bits
[…] I just assumed that it simply means "sun dry", like something that became dry because of the sun. In this bOTTeriada fragment that didn't make sense so I looked it up.

Well spotted, @balthasundr_y!!
  I can't remember why I chose the word, except that it's a nice word to use when listing things and trying to give the impression there are more things, but it would be cumbersome or REDUNDANT to actually list all the things. (I think in Polish you could say różny or rozmaity. In English it comes from the same origins as "asunder" and apparently originally from Old Norse sundr).
  For a moment I thought perhaps sundry was there because it appears in the original, but then I checked and found that it appears only once, in the long three-part story that appears near the end of the collection (Wyprawa siódma, czyli o tym jak własna doskonałość Trurla do złego przywiodła, "The Seventh Sally or How Trurl's Own Perfection Led to No Good"):

Stanisław Lem wrote:[…] And he thought and thought, and thought of the Gozmos again, but this time thought of it inside himself, which seemed to him a far more sensible and respectable solution, well within the bounds of reason and propriety. And he began to fill his Gozmos with various and sundry thoughts. First, because he was still new at it and lacked skill, he thought out the Beadlies, who grambled whenever they got the chance, and the Pratlings, who rejoiced in filicorts. […]
Stanisław Lem, Cyberiada (translated by Michael Kandel)

Anyway, as you noticed my edits do cause the bOTTeriada updates to stall, and apologies if the extra Wait for it.-ing is a bit frustrating…

mrob27 Image

ETA:
GnomeAnne wrote:At approximately (2017-06-16 13:34:11 UTC) The autogenerated portion of Balthasar's signature disappeared.

Yep, I can confirm:
  20150924.13:43:59: This text was autogenerated:
  20170509.20:57:23: This text was autogenerated: / SFJOR KASKI
  20170510.14:22:43: This text was autogenerated: / YYYB
  20170607.20:18:10: This text was autogenerated: / Enter name
  20170616.13:53:06: This text was autogenerated:
(all times are later than when the change actually happened)
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

balthasar_s

OMD, Tim, what have you done?

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:12 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:OMD, for example Tim just got added.
And it destroyed the formatting. Everything from "tim" to the end is blue. I think I've seen this before.

mrob27 wrote:Am I the only one who thought of FLOPPOTRON 2.0 (Paweł Zadrożniak, example performance) ?
I already knew about but that's not what I thought of when doing all this. I like how he makes the envelope by enabling more or less FDDs in a column.

If the bstape interface was an actual real object it would make me want to make its motor play sounds...
Luckily, it isn't so I didn't get distracted again.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:
Smileys cause syntax errors

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2172

Postby mscha » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:10 pm UTC

MUNGY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:REMAIN WEIRD AND GOAT CUSTARD

-- posted by oldpixbot

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:47 pm UTC

I've found this to be somewhat baltharelate_d. Makes me wonder if the earthly design is the most appropriate one for use on the skycircle.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:51 am UTC

UNG now for a rhyme...
I see Cuegan, I see France, I see Lucky near those plants:

Of course at that point Lucky was naught but an edgemolpy. Image

Image Schizoblitz Report 11 .Image

Newpage 105/2599

progress bar not found?
Spoiler:
My blitzing schedule was interrupted so I'm easing back into it with a riverish five-pastpage chunk. I find myself returning in the midst of the Second Age of the Slow Pixel, approximately NP 100. The protoOTTers are going OTTery right before my eyes, with further discussion of just what the black stuff is made of, debates over titling Periods, and a show of growing wariness of the Outside. Clearly the OTC is superior and more worthy of attention. It is the best use of Time.

Lord Cathbad wrote:
Kieryn wrote:Self-realisation: What if we are all Randall?!!!

What if Randall is us... From the future?

My head boggles just trying to get around the epsilonishness of this one. So at some point long after Time, OTTers or OTTer-descendants or Beanies or some other ottish type of community decide to travel back to before the beginning of Time - as a single construct, what we now know as GLR, and start making Othercomics at some pre-determined point with the eventual culmination of #1190, the OTC. But if the OTC is what spawned ottish folk, how could said long-after-time-OTTers ever exist to begin with?

Tophe wrote:
Zindaras wrote:
trusstopher wrote:
Reka wrote:
Zindaras wrote:I wonder if the flags are made out of sand.

They can't be: we saw Megan carrying them around in 163.

But they could be made of ice...... :twisted:

I just want it to be clear that I am a Sandist. I do not subscribe to Iceism.

Ah, but where do you stand on java/lava/bacon/semencancercaffeinebabies?

Hurray, that's starting to look much more like the semencoffeecancerbaconbabies we all know and love are somewhat disgusted by! I also like that little java/lava bit there. Semencoffeecancerbaconjavalavababies!

gumbo wrote:
I know that when I first weighed in on this thread, I think about 50 newpix ago, I implored you all to stay sane.

But I take that back now that the actual nature of the insanity has revealed itself. Please continue.

Okay.

QuOTTations

An Outsider sent me a picture... and I found myself wondering what would happen in the next picture. I have to get out of here...
-nikulo, NP 102

On a scale of Coffee to Lava, how newpix deprived are all of you?
-Wraithlord, NP 105

Redundant:
Spoiler:

bar011.png
bar011.png (261 Bytes) Viewed 8348 times

redundant298.png
redundant298.png (157.63 KiB) Viewed 8348 times
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:18 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
progress bar not found?

Found it,
Redundant
Spoiler:
4.04.107.png
4.04.107.png (11.41 KiB) Viewed 8200 times
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:24 am UTC

Yay! Thank you, kxa!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Postby karhell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:46 am UTC

Brilliant! :mrgreen:
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!
Wait well, ChronosDragon, may your seaish ketchup be molpish!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:34 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

GnomeAnne
Location: [center][img]http://forums.xkcd.com/download/file.php?id=54350&t=1[/img]

Postby GnomeAnne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:54 pm UTC

A bsta frame was posted out of order
Move along, nothing to see here.
Spoiler:
IMG-1630223334.jpg
IMG-1630223334.jpg (30.8 KiB) Viewed 7486 times
Last edited by GnomeAnne on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait For It.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:59 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:I'm semi-aware of what's going on here. I keep falling behind a little bit, then I do ketchup. I try to add new things to the OMD, for example Tim just got added.

Thanks for all of your work on the OMD, and for linking to it. It gave me a chance to visit and admire its treeishness, steakishness, and general wowterfulness.

mrob27 wrote:Am I the only one who thought of FLOPPOTRON 2.0 (Paweł Zadrożniak, example performance) ?

:shock: What the... wow... some people are brilliant and have way too much time on their hands.

mrob27 wrote:Anyway, as you noticed my edits do cause the bOTTeriada updates to stall, and apologies if the extra Wait for it.-ing is a bit frustrating…

To apologize for causing an OTTer to Wait for It sounds dangerously close to heresy... Image

AluisioASG wrote:I've found this to be somewhat baltharelate_d. Makes me wonder if the earthly design is the most appropriate one for use on the skycircle.

Those are awesomeful. I guess you wouldn't need as much structural support on the moon, right? So one of those other designs might work.

BlitzGirl wrote:UNG now for a rhyme...
I see Cuegan, I see France, I see Lucky near those plants:

Of course at that point Lucky was naught but an edgemolpy.

:D
Steakish blitztreport, BG!

balthasar_s wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
progress bar not found?

Found it,
Redundant
Spoiler:
4.04.107.png

OK, this blew my mind. I was thinking that somehow BlitzGirl had come up with that and then it appeared in bsta, like you two have some psychic connection and you knew she was going to post that. Then I realized that, while you may have some kind of psychic connection, that was an ottification. :)

I don't think this has been UNGed yet. But it should be, right?
Reveal the name

She doesn't seem to be interested in doing this.
Doesn't she know how important the names are?

If you were her you wouldn't behave like this.
>But wait, ...

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:31 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
mrob27 wrote:I'm semi-aware of what's going on here. I keep falling behind a little bit, then I do ketchup. I try to add new things to the OMD, for example Tim just got added.

Thanks for all of your work on the OMD, and for linking to it. It gave me a chance to visit and admire its treeishness, steakishness, and general wowterfulness.

Seconded! :)

Yes I'd like a mediUNG soda and two hotdogs, hold the mustard:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I don't think this has been UNGed yet. But it should be, right?
ooh, good catch. We talked about that frame at the OTd&d game and I assumed it had been posted here, but I didn't check for sure.
So it's in order:
But wait...

But wait,
You can be her.
Actually, being her is the reason why you are here now.
Wait For It.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 pm UTC

I've been wondering why I'm here! Now I know.

Thanks for posting that. I was hoping someone else would get that one.

I really want to check out the D&D game, but there's only so much TIme. Or Tim.

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:30 pm UTC

Playing the game is a massive Tim sink, but Aluisio's forum has encounter recaps, character backstories, and amusing out of context quotes.
Wait For It.

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:34 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I really want to check out the D&D game, but there's only so much TIme. Or Tim.

Tim is an illusion. LunchTim doubly so.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:41 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
I really want to check out the D&D game, but there's only so much TIme. Or Tim.
Wait for it :wink:

GnomeAnne wrote:
Playing the game is a massive Tim sink, but Aluisio's forum has encounter recaps, character backstories, and amusing out of context quotes.
It's a massive pain in the molpy to figure out what's in-character and what's out-of-character, how to move things around to have a timeline that makes sense, and format everything.
Been taking lots of screenshots, though.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:49 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:]ooh, good catch. We talked about that frame at the OTd&d game and I assumed it had been posted here, but I didn't check for sure.
I went to the game forum and I didn't find anything.
Is some of the game happening somewherwe else?
Is there another layer?

It happened.
There is OTT-related talk outside the OTT.
Of, course the game needs its own place.
It does not really belong here.

But now to read everything there is another place to go.
I was not interested in the game so I did not.
I don't have to read all the everythings.
One everything is enough.

But now I see that there also is discussion related to BSTA.
It's not hard to guess that I'm really interested in it.
But I can't find it.

What has happened?
To find all the ott-related talk it was enough to go to the OTT.
(Things like the IRConference were posted to the OTT later)
Now not any more?

This is something that I was afraid of since I joined this place and now it's happening.
I wonder how it will evolve?

In the past I was in places where I did not know what was going on and where.
And people knew things and I didn't and it was confusing.

There is the OTDnD game - cool!
It has its forum - good, it probably needs something like this.
the forum can be found when searching for it on the OTT - ok (but it's not as easy as I hoped, luckily GnomeAnne posted it. I think it would be very good to link to it from the wiki's games page. It would make it much easier!)
There is apparently some other game-(and not only)-related talk which is happening somewhere outside that forum - ok, it probably needs a different platform.
I could not find that other place when looking for it on that forum and on the OTT - that's what made me afraid.
BFTF replay

Rakhal

Postby Rakhal » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:52 am UTC

I have returned from my adventures and now have some ketchup to do!

Just for fun the airraftcastles bringing me home decided to fly me an extra 3MC (megaCues) just for fun! And the first one was trying very hard to replicate the temperature of Cue and Megs hometown before the flood.

Hence I now look more like a greasespot. Hopefully Time will cure me...

--Rakhal

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:47 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Is some of the game happening somewhere else?
Yes. GnomeAnne linked to it some while ago.
I guess we could have gone with IRC, but it was more convenient to use what Roll20 already provided (it does have some shortcomings, but not enough to move to a new platform).

balthasar_s wrote:
There is apparently some other game-(and not only)-related talk which is happening somewhere outside that forum - ok, it probably needs a different platform.
I could not find that other place when looking for it on that forum and on the OTT - that's what made me afraid.
We can't publish the whole chat logs because of too much PII. So we've been picking stuff of interest and posting on the relevant threads there (especially in “Out of context Quotes”) and here.
We may have been slacking on that particular job.

I think GnomeAnne has something to say on the matter as well.

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 am UTC

Baobabs, Rakhal and Dr Sam Carter are here.
Hello.

Aluisio's post has made some of this redundant.
Balthasar:
There is a live chat much like irc that we use while playing the game. We considered posting logs from it, but decided not to for several reasons:
Some of what is said there is about the game, but the vast majority is unrelated and useless talk about other things. We did not want OTTers to have another thing to take up their limited time.
Some of the things that are said there are not things we would want to be public, and we use our outside names instead of our OTT names.
The link on the forum that goes to roll20 will let you join the game if you register and make an account there, then you can read the most recent posts of the chat. Or i can pm you the logs that have things about bsta.
Wait For It.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:06 am UTC

The full materializatiUNG of Lucky in the bushes:

Interestingly enough, the actions of Cuegan on screen right were so engrossing at the Time that the sudden molpiness of the shrubs wasn't noticed for several newpix. Then marchlight finally caught it and thought the culprit was LaPetite.

DrSamCarter wrote:Tim is an illusion. LunchTim doubly so.

I wish OverTim was an illusion. We have become personally acquainted at my FFS.

balthasar_s wrote:I don't have to read all the everythings.
One everything is enough.

This is a rather wingish quotesnippet. If I sigged quotes, I would sig that. :)

balthasar_s wrote:There is apparently some other game-(and not only)-related talk which is happening somewhere outside that forum - ok, it probably needs a different platform.I could not find that other place when looking for it on that forum and on the OTT - that's what made me afraid.

Makes me feel a little np1025ish (there are other places?) but I don't find it much more disorienting than having a Facebug group or OTW or even the private message system here in the fora where conversations happen "off-screen." I can see how it might be more unmolpish for you since you are the balthauthor of BTSA, though. (Looks like GnomeAnne might have a solution for that.) From what I can tell, this needle-pulled thing is still by far the primary community platform.

Rakhal wrote:And the first one was trying very hard to replicate the temperature of Cue and Megs hometown before the flood.

Hence I now look more like a greasespot. Hopefully Time will cure me...

Welcome back, Rakhal! And don't worry...
Spoiler:

Hm. That saying might come across as somewhat ominously Zanclean now that we know the full story of Time.
(The badge was originally created in the era of Megan's squirpy adventure and "Feed Squirpys".)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:24 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I wish OverTim was an illusion. We have become personally acquainted at my FFS.

OverTim is acceptable if there is additional FF. Extremely unmolpish if not.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2216

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:10 am UTC

DANCUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:EE:EE:EE HARD 2: EE:EE:EE HARDER

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:20 pm UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:There is a live chat much like irc that we use while playing the game.
Yes. I remember that you wanted something like an IRC when you were still preparing for this.
So I was surprised that you made a forum instead.
When I read the game's story I was thinking:
"Wow, they all know well what to write, they are SO GOOD at this game!"
(suddenly I'm reminded of this dream about playing a game with ggh and GnomeAnne)
I had a feeling that maybe something could be happening somewhere else but I still had no idea what was going on.
Can you believe it?
We considered posting logs from it, but decided not to for several reasons:
Some of what is said there is about the game, but the vast majority is unrelated and useless talk about other things. We did not want OTTers to have another thing to take up their limited time.
Yes, of course
The link on the forum that goes to roll20 will let you join the game if you register and make an account there, then you can read the most recent posts of the chat.
I did this.
What I saw was totally not what I would expect.
I didn't the everything. Too much.
I did look for related things.
I somehow had thought that the roll20 was just a thing you used for rolling 20. even though I now remember multiple people mentioning its chat and other features...
I also remember the possibility to use some kind of CoinciDnDence for this being considered. Which is something that did not happen.
Some of the things that are said there are not things we would want to be public, and we use our outside names instead of our OTT names.
I was wondering why you decided to use your outside names but now I know.

BlitzGirl wrote:but I don't find it much more disorienting than having a Facebug group or OTW or even the private message system here in the fora where conversations happen "off-screen." [...] From what I can tell, this needle-pulled thing is still by far the primary community platform.
yes, and that's also how I saw that. Only that
I can see how it might be more unmolpish for you since you are the balthauthor of BTSA, though.
not just because of being the BSTAuthor; I kind of felt like the discussion that was happening here was now taken outside.
Now, when I actually looked at it I see that that's not what it was.
Somehow, after reading GnomeAnne's post I imagined that you had much more BSTA discussion there, many new things, comments, theories, whatever.
I remember when I joined the ott facebook thing for the first time I expected to find so many things there.
But then I discovered that it was... redundant.
I was relieved.
So maybe I was overreacting. I don't know.
I wonder what you are thinking when you encounter my posts like these.

ETA:
About the BB link no longer being reversible.
Having it go to the viewerless BB-only thing is what I always wanted to have there.
Only that I didn't do it at first.
but now the link only goes in one direction.
In the bftfviewer it did too but there it only added text, here it replaces text.
A third link that works like a local version of "once again" and goes back to the regular viewer is what I would like to do.
But the "once again" name is already taken.
Now the only thing that stops me from it is the name.
I will do it when I have the correct name for it.

Balthasar faked me out.
???

ETA:
Found it,
Spoiler:
I noticed that I left the decimal point flying in the air...
BFTF replay

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:17 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:What I saw was totally not what I would expect.
I didn't the everything. Too much.
When the log gets to be too long, we each save it locally and Gingercat clears it, what you saw was about one fifth of all the things that have been said.

I think that if you created a character and joined the game it would become much more entertaining, And then your dream would come true. Part of it would.

???
I think when ggh saw the OTTification you did, she thought at first that it was a bsta frame that we had missed
Wait For It.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 pm UTC

IncomUNG raptorcat:

balthasar_s wrote:I was relieved.
So maybe I was overreacting. I don't know.

Merely that you are on the same quest for information and knowledge that we all are in our lives, from OTTers to Beanies to Cuegan. Image
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:09 pm UTC

RoarUNG
ImageCueball takes one for the team.

Image He tastes surprisingly baglike.
Wait For It.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:22 am UTC

GnomeAnne wrote:I think that if you created a character and joined the game it would become much more entertaining, And then your dream would come true. Part of it would.
Maybe. but I'm not planning to join the game. There are some rasons but right now I don't have the words to write about it.

Also who would make bsta for me then?
It won't make itself. It's not autogenerated.
And I can't leave all those bsta characters alone.
Who knows what they might do when I'm not looking?
They could end up destroying some expensive equipment.
Or they try playing SBFTF and end the world.
BFTF replay

Eternal Density

Eleventy-ninety

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 am UTC

Relatedness:
There's a hotdog about time[-travel] called Life is Epsilon (I mean, Strange. But a character does say "Life is... weird."), and inside that hotdog exists a fictional hotdog, though about the only thing known about that hotdog is that it involves a character named... Hawt Dawg Man.
Therefore, some players of the (outer) hotdog created this t-shirt:
https://teespring.com/shop/HawtDawg#pid ... &sid=front
Baobabs!!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2235

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:10 am UTC

UNGLICIZATION...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by BlitzGirl.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:DON'T HILLISH BLITZ INSIDE

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl

8900 posts

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:09 am UTC

Oh treeish, the colorbazooka.
But something is mustardy in the size of the images in OTTTT. I used the wikia link for the image when I posted it to the OTT and that link seems to show a rather riverish edition of the colpix now. I'll have to fix that.

GnomeAnne wrote:He tastes surprisingly baglike.

That's why they call him Cueball Baggins.
(Actually, I don't think anybody calls him that. But it's fitting.)

Eternal Density wrote:Therefore, some players of the (outer) hotdog created this t-shirt:
https://teespring.com/shop/HawtDawg#pid ... &sid=front
Baobabs!!

Because I am currently on a RNM, I may express myself thusly:

Chirping mustard, hotdog vendor!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

svenman

Re: 8900 posts

Postby svenman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 am UTC

Happy 8900, BlitzGirl!

BlitzGirl wrote:Oh treeish, the colorbazooka.
But something is mustardy in the size of the images in OTTTT. I used the wikia link for the image when I posted it to the OTT and that link seems to show a rather riverish edition of the colpix now. I'll have to fix that.

Yes, that's because Wikia dislikes hotlinking to images hosted on their servers. When they detect that - they can do that because the http request shows the referencing document - they return an image with its size mustarded up on purpose.

The author of the post will not notice it right away even when previewing their post because their browser still has the original image cached and won't request it from the Wikia server again at first. Maybe the mustarding up doesn't even begin right away.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am UTC

Ah, that would explain it. The images seemed fine for the first yip or two, at least from what I remember. (I think my various OTTTT clicks would have tipped me off then, at least around the Timeversaries.) Chalk up another benefit for forahosting stuff. Now I'm going to have to hunt down various old wikia images in my posts - I'm positive I linked straight to smilies from there as well. OTT scavenger hunt! :D

Though I guess every dip could be considered an OTT scavenger hunt for an active wikiwarrior!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:59 pm UTC

New OtherComic.

Tim replay:
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
Wait For It.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:34 pm UTC

Next thousand newpix:

"Yes, I am!"
"No, you're not."
"Yes, I am!"
"No, you're not."
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:01 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
GnomeAnne wrote:He tastes surprisingly baglike.

That's why they call him Cueball Baggins.
(Actually, I don't think anybody calls him that. But it's fitting.)

And that's how somebody baggins to call him that.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”