1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SilentTimer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SilentTimer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm UTC

Bumping the ONG …

Sustainabilizer wrote:S&S PRODUCTIONGS PRESENTS …
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Decree:
Speculate
about ONGoing stories (including BSTA)
and/or about completed stories (including the OTC)
and/or about SCIENCE.
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Help addams!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:46 pm UTC

As an Outside hobby, I built little electrical / electo-mechanical things. Two projects I'm currently working on are a augmented-reality display (think Google Glass, but more homemade and bulky), and a glove that reads the position of your fingers so you can play air guitar and actually make music.

ucim wrote:
addams wrote:Does that mean we are moving very Fast?
Or, the call of the Outside is strong. Hot day today. Good day to sit in the pool. But I played flight simulator. (I use it to keep my instrument skills sharp, or in this case, to knock some rust off of them).
Spoiler:
I should have done this last year but I needed to set up an old computer that had a joystick port and could run my old program, and all my old machines have something wrong with them. But I finally buckled down and got to work.

1: I couldn't find the old program to install. I have the empty box (I put all my computer disks in one place, but not that place, and I don't know where that place is any more.)

2: I got an old machine up and running, but discovered it didn't have a joystick port.

3: I couldn't find my joystick for quite a while. It wasn't where I thought it was, so I looked in all the other places, only to find that it was exactly where I thought it was, and I just didn't look hard enough. ("Hard enough" amounted to simply looking in the right direction and recognizing it. It was right there.)

4: The joystick didn't have a joystick output; it had a USB output. I could have done this on my present machine a long Tim ago.

5: My present machine dual boots Linux and Windows 8. Windows 8 is kind of broken (beyond the broken that it starts out as), but the more important issue is {see #1}.

6: Linux has a lot of free stuff. I wonder if it has an open source flight simulator. Of course it does. So I downloaded it, and though it took a bit of Tim to get used to, I'm using it now and it fits the bill. Newer versions are available; perhaps one of them will show vertical track too, but for now this is fine.
Spoiler:
So.... who do you trust more with a Mighty Engine - me, or First Cleric?

Jose

I'm assuming you mean FlightGear. My memories of it (albeit from four years ago) were waiting 15 minutes for everything to load, and then my plane driving around in circles on the ground because my joystick didn't have rudder pedals. And then trying to change something (starting runway maybe?) and it turned out you had to go edit configuration files.
I got halfway through writing my own flight simulator and then abandoned it due to schoolwork. Perhaps I should revisit it.

svenman wrote:One other thing I used to do before the dual time-grabbers called University (which has been replaced by a succession of FFSes) and the Internet entered my life: collecting and superdetailing car models in H0 (1/87) scale. In fact I still collect them, it's just the superdetailing of my acquisitions that has been put on hold indefinitely.

In the spoiler is what I regard as one of my best efforts in that field:
Spoiler:
For reference, the way it came from the manufacturer looked like this except for the different main body color.

That particular model is currently boxed up at my parents' place, but to demonstrate the size of those models, here on the palm of my hand is one I bought more recently which is in the same scale and has practically the same size:
(On the other hand - pun not intended, but certainly not avoided either -, over the years, the general level of detailing done by the manufacturers of this kind of models has become much more refined. The model on my hand has a lot of detailing like chrome strips, badges etc. done by the manufacturer that I had to paint on myself on the older model and others of its time.)

Neat! I used to scratchbuild HO models myself as well. I had a small train layout, but many of them never got added to it.
...I wanted to add some pictures from that, but they have disappeared into the digital past. Maybe they're on an SD card somewhere.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2253

Postby mscha » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:10 am UTC

LUNGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YOU RETRONINJASPOILER BY THE THWAPSTICK, YOU DIE BY THE THWAPSTICK

-- posted by oldpixbot

addams

Postby addams » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:05 pm UTC

I Love You, Time.
That and nothing more.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:39 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:I'm assuming you mean FlightGear.
Yes, that's the one. My distro has 3.x, but the latest seems to be 2018.x So, there must have been 2015 versions since then. :)

I have a twisty rudder on my yoke, so once I got used to it I was ok. But for my purposes I'd prefer that FG had an auto-coordinate option so I wouldn't have to deal with that. And maybe I ought to twerk up the dead zones. And I'd like to bring up the frame rate (I'm at 10), but none of the rendering options (Level Of Detail) seems to do anything. But I can live with it as is - it does what I need.

I don't mind editing config files, if only the documentation were better. This is a general issue I have with Linux - it's great once you know it, but the learning curve is unnecessarily steep.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:22 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:38 pm UTC

addams wrote:Time has slowed way down for us.
Does that mean we are moving very Fast?

Fast, and in the wrong direction, it seems. Much busyness getting ready for adventures, and making sure the WFFS can survive without me for a time.

I'll be around the Great Lakes, but not yet known which side of them.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

addams

Postby addams » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:02 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
addams wrote:Time has slowed way down for us.
Does that mean we are moving very Fast?

Fast, and in the wrong direction, it seems. Much busyness getting ready for adventures, and making sure the WFFS can survive without me for a time.

I'll be around the Great Lakes, but not yet known which side of them.
Wear a life vest and take care of yourself.
You belong to Time.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2298

Postby mscha » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 pm UTC

RETAKUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by pelrigg.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:♫ HEY, I JUST PUNSAWED YOU, AND THIS IS CRAZY / BUT HERE'S MY TRANSLATEOUNG, SO ENHANCE ME MAYBE ♫

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:27 pm UTC

For lastpage decree:

I sometimes like playing the piano. My sister's piano, I don't have one. I'm not good at it at all, but I'm able to play some simpler mellodies which don't require me to do a crazy finger dance nd don't have too much sounds at once.

Recently, I wanted to play some music from a computer game that I played.
The mellodies are easy enough for me to be able to play them.
But I needed the notes.
I was not able to find the notes I needed on the internet, and I'm not able to recognise notes from hearing.

So what did I do?

I opened the audio files in audacity and made spectrograms, like this:
Then I could look at the frequencies and label the notes.
Then I could learn how to play it.

In these audio files all music was played by squarewaves which made the recognition easier - the spectrum was clean.

Sustainabilizer wrote:For decree:
S&S PRODUCTIONGS PRESENTS …
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

"My hobby: physics"
And with some pictures which are, as one would expect, some examples of physics.
I tried to identify some of them:

That's the famous Newton's apple. Only that he threw it so strongly that he launched it on a circular orbit.

Acetone

An electron orital, I think.

The Einstein Cross. An example of gravitational lensing.

Einstein field equations

Gravity well, with a warning sign. Also the beanie girl from t1i.

Cueball is trying to run so fast that the ladder will fit into the garage thanks to length contraction.

A Feynman diagram. On diagram: elelectron collides with antielectron. The collision turns them into a photon (annihilation) and the photon then explodes back int a muon and antimuon.
Also, I thing one of the arrows has wrong direction.

The worldsheet pants from string theory?

is this a sinewave seen through a window?

Redundant:
Spoiler:
nasu.png
IMG00600.jpg
phys0-acet.png
phys0-acet.png (990 Bytes) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-am.png
phys0-am.png (1017 Bytes) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-efe.png
phys0-efe.png (1.31 KiB) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-feyndiag.png
phys0-feyndiag.png (1.22 KiB) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-gravlens.png
phys0-gravlens.png (1.52 KiB) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-grawel.png
phys0-grawel.png (13.07 KiB) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-lcontr.png
phys0-lcontr.png (4.59 KiB) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-newapp.png
phys0-orbital.png
phys0-orbital.png (1.28 KiB) Viewed 21847 times
phys0-wshpant.png
phys0-wshpant.png (612 Bytes) Viewed 21847 times
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BFTF replay
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

addams

Postby addams » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:51 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Cueball is trying to run so fast that the ladder will fit into the garage thanks to length contraction.
Balthasar! It is so good to stumble through your posts.
(Tee-Hee) I get this one.
I think I do; Maybe.

Thanks to Numberphile I get to laugh along with our bright, creative, Poster; Balthasar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsbBw1I0Rg
(please excuse the advert. I can't make it go away.)

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:31 pm UTC

addams wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsbBw1I0Rg
This video.
The ladder picture reminded me of the train tunnel example from this video.
But I didn't remember where I saw it.

But you posted it so I didn't have to find it :)
BFTF replay
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:12 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:"My hobby: physics"
And with some pictures which are, as one would expect, some examples of physics.
I tried to identify some of them:

That's the famous Newton's apple. Only that he threw it so strongly that he launched it on a circular orbit.

Acetone

An electron orital, I think.

The Einstein Cross. An example of gravitational lensing.

Einstein field equations

Gravity well, with a warning sign. Also the beanie girl from t1i.

(You aren't secretly a physicist, are you? :shock:)

balthasar_s wrote:Image
A Feynman diagram. On diagram: elelectron collides with antielectron. The collision turns them into a photon (annihilation) and the photon then explodes back int a muon and antimuon.
Also, I thing one of the arrows has wrong direction.

Indeed, you found mustard. Fixed.

The worldsheet pants from string theory?

Image (I fixed the link for you.)

is this a sinewave seen through a window?

Yes, with a Gaussian window. It's a coherent state.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Image Help addams!

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:50 pm UTC

addams wrote:Thanks to Numberphile I get to laugh along with our bright, creative, Poster; Balthasar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsbBw1I0Rg
(please excuse the advert. I can't make it go away.)
Steakish video, but there's one aspect that people may find confusing... that is the view of the train going into the tunnel. Since we are viewing the situation from the side, the space/time dilitation will not happen (in our view). Remember, things "shrink" only in the direction of motion. To see the mountain (or the train) "shrink", we'd have to look at it head-on. The rear of the {train|mountain} will then appear closer than we'd otherwise expect it.

So, while he says that the shrinkage happens in the direction of motion (WRT the observer), he shows it happening when (with us as the observer) when there is no such relative motion. If you don't notice the handwaving, you'll still get the idea. If you do notice it but figure it out, you'll also get the idea. But if you notice it and think to yourself "something's not right" but you don't know what it is, then things are fuzzier.

In essence though, the train fits in the tunnel the same way a ten foot ladder fits against an eight foot wall: diagonally (where the "other" direction is time).

Sustainabilizer wrote:Jose, how did you find out in such detail what happened at the **d of my Blitz?
I climbed the ladder of Time and looked through the other end of the train. By moving quickly, I shrunk the entire railroad until I could see the sea. See? That's how I saw the boat. But not in half. Then once I caught wind of what you were doing, it was clear sailing.

I wonder where you'll float next.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:00 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:Image
(You aren't secretly a physicist, are you? :shock:)
No, I'm not. But I used 2 powerful weapons:
remembering things that I saw once, and searching the internet for answers.

Image (I fixed the link for you.)
Thanks for fixing the link. I was surprised to see this as a part of your "my hobby" because I don't remember you as a fan of string theory.
Makes more sense now.

balthasar_s wrote:It's a coherent state.
So that's what it is. I was wondering what it's supposed to mean. I was also thinking of amplitude modulation.
(which is actually the same thing as applying a window: multiplying two functions)

Everyone: I did not identify ALL the things in that picture. There are still some left to find.

So, we're suddenly talking about physics now, I'm reminded of this talk between Chester and some guy:

balthasar_s wrote:the guy: Anyway, this whole thing.
It's all about stories.
What do you think of stories?
the guy: If the story has mobody to tell it, then is it still a story?
also, the world inside of a story, how is it different form an actual world?
it's easy for us to notice that because we see stories from outside.
but for those inside a story everything seems real and normal.
WE could be in a story and not even know it.
I wouldn't mind.
the guy: As long as it is a good one. And I'm not the villain.
Now, our world. Does it make sense to you?
Chester: I like stories. My sand not so much. It decides to flip out and crash when you talk about stories.
This world? Yes, mostly.
the guy: People find rules how everything works.
Chester: There are some things that confuse me, like why bread always lands with the butter side down if you drop it.
the guy: have you ever heard of quantum tunnelling?
Chester: I know of tunneling, but not quantum.
the guy: A strange behavior of our world that someone noticed.
When there is a really small thing. So small that you can't see it.
and it would like to move somewhere.
but it can't.
There is a thin barrier stopping it.
So it can't go through it.
the guy: and it does not.
But sometimes it just finds itself on the other side, anyway.
You know how I call things like this?
Cheating.
"Oh, well, let's move it there, nobody will notice it, it's so small."
But someone noticed it.
the guy: The world got caught cheating.
but it doesn't care.
This looks like an ideal setup.
Because big things are made of small things.
And big events are made of smaller evrnts.
You can cleverly arrange this small cheats to make something bigger happen exactly the way you want.
the guy: It looks like a way for someone to make their story go where he wants it to go.
And everything seems fine because there is too many small things too look at. You will not notice anything out of order.
What do you think of it?
Am I talking too much?
We like talking about such things here.
Thoughts like these are what made us start building this thing.
Chester: That is a fascinating way of thinking about it.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:25 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BFTF replay

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:38 pm UTC

DRINKUNG...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:12 am UTC

The basement doors creaks open with a pitiful cry. "Hmm, I thought I oiled that the last Time I was here. Let's take another look." Manufactured by the Nightingale Floor And Hinge Corp. Well that explains a lot.

Gee. Guess what. I see it's Timeversary 5. Oh my, how could I miss THAT! Well Greetings to all old and new TimeWaiters and other OTTers, I hope Time as been good to you.

{There is something I wanted to share. I hope it's OK with you.}

On a recent wip-end I had a really molpy occurrence and a less than molpy occurrence happen on the same day.
And I want to remember the Molpy one and that's what I want to share.
One of my female cousins had been trying to get a small group of us cousins (1st and 2ns types) together. She had something for all the ones she invited and wanted to do with all. Schedules finally aligned and the 6 of us got together at a restaurant. That's when she gave us each a pillow that she had made for each person, with each pillow having some special meaning.
One cousin got a pillow made out of an old sweatshirt/hoodie that this cousin had owned. The hoodie was one of the pull-over types with the single "kangaroo" front pocket, My seamstress cousin left the pocket in place so the other cousin could put her hands inside if she wanted.
Several of the other pillows were made from cloth from my aunt and another cousin who have both passed, including mine, which has on the one side patchwork from both aunt and cousin and the other side is from a t-shirt of the above cousin's for the Woodstock 25th anniversary concerts {includes a list of all the bands from both '69 & '94} [I told SC how much Woodstock stuff I've managed to pick up over the yips CDs DVDs some other stuff. And how neat that was.]
But the best pillow was the one SC made for her older sister. It's made from a flannel shirt that belonged to the older sister's husband {who is also of "blessed memory".} My older cousin said that she used to wear that shirt "after" as a comfort but it got to worn to wear. My SC left the pocket and buttons on and said "Whenever you need a hug, just hold that." There were molpy emotions all around for all the pillows but especially for that one.

=====
Well, thanks for "listening" {reading}. I hope I haven't been too off topic. I'm looking forward to being able to return and catch up with all that's been happening.
=====

Might as well UNG while I'm here:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

======
It's molpy to see all those familiar names (some with new avatars).
Shade And Sweet Water.
Wait well OTTers of all stripes.

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:50 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:For lastpage decree:

I sometimes like playing the piano. My sister's piano, I don't have one. I'm not good at it at all, but I'm able to play some simpler mellodies which don't require me to do a crazy finger dance nd don't have too much sounds at once.

Recently, I wanted to play some music from a computer game that I played.
The mellodies are easy enough for me to be able to play them.
But I needed the notes.
I was not able to find the notes I needed on the internet, and I'm not able to recognise notes from hearing.

So what did I do?

I opened the audio files in audacity and made spectrograms, like this:
Spoiler:
Then I could look at the frequencies and label the notes.

Then I could learn how to play it.

In these audio files all music was played by squarewaves which made the recognition easier - the spectrum was clean.

That's so very treeish! Exactly the sort of audio geekery that interests me. Such a clever and resourceful method of getting the notes for a song without sheet music. I'd be interested to see spectrograms of some of my OTTish songs like Molpies, though of course they won't be as clean as this as it's not all square waves :P

Hi pelrigg!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

addams

Postby addams » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 am UTC

Pelrigg!
What a lovely Story!

Now I have HeartWarm.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2330

Postby mscha » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:10 am UTC

BIOUNGINEER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by marchlight.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YO WAWLPY, I HEARD YOU LIKE OTTERS SO WE PUT AN OTTER IN YOUR OTTER SO YOU CAN BLINDPOST WHILE YOU BLINDPOST

-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 am UTC

And now this:
newest xkcd comic wrote:Image
GLR reads the ott?
BFTF replay

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:45 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:GLR reads the ott?

We've figured that since it looked like he used the footnote labyrinth thing when the OTC was still a going concern.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

svenman

Postby svenman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:26 pm UTC

NoticUNG:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

Very molpish story, pelrigg!

And thanks for identifying a lot of the stuff going on in Sustainabilizer's steakish OTTerothercomic (is that the correct term?), balthasar_s! I had recognized some of the parts but not all that you did. Though I still wonder who and what the beardo with the weird shapes right below Newton is supposed to signify.

Edit: Waaait a moment... there's more! Looks like we're getting a new TimeAfterTime story. So, here's a

BeginnONG:

Anyone feeling up to a translation?
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:37 pm UTC

Hi pelrigg!

Hi yappo!

New TaT-ONGs!!!

The last word of the first speech might be the word for "sea" with a question "mark" (a °), based on m2722-m2727. The response is most likely "Yes."
Wait on.

Spoiler:

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:56 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Hi pelrigg!

Hi yappo!

New TaT-ONGs!!!

The last word of the first speech might be the word for "sea" with a question "mark" (a °), based on m2722-m2727. The response is most likely "Yes."

Based on Tresoldi's theories of m2734, the whole phrase looks like it means "Are we going to the sea?"
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2367

Postby mscha » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:10 pm UTC

LUNGHAIRED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IF XE WEIGHS... THE SAME AS A TREBUCHAT... XE'S MADE OF KETCHUP... AND THEREFORE... AN OTTERCOMIC!

-- posted by oldpixbot

addams

Postby addams » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:27 am UTC

Gasp!
Mscha!

You saw the Moon, too.
Yes. It is beautiful.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: "Time"; Serious & Silly

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:50 am UTC

SilentTimer wrote:Decree:
Speculate
about ONGoing stories (including BSTA)

So it looks like phys-0000 was just the "cover", the "front page" and the real story begins now.
So on the title page we have "my hobby: physics" and in frame 1 there is beanish dialogue.
Will we see some beanish physics?
Could be. We can see the beanie girl from t1i with a telescope near the gravity well drawing.
Also she is with a cuebally guy. But with glasses (I think).
Is this going to be another story-shaped thing with a glasses-wearing-guy as a character?

Sustainabilizer wrote:S&S PRODUCTIONGS PRESENTS …
What is S&S productiongs?
If this is introduced to the OTT bty Sustainabilizer and it's probably going to be about physics could it mean Science & Sustainability Productiongs? Or maybe Serious & Silly Productions?
BFTF replay

svenman

Re: 1190: "Time"; Serious & Silly

Postby svenman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:What is S&S productiongs?
If this is introduced to the OTT bty Sustainabilizer and it's probably going to be about physics could it mean Science & Sustainability Productiongs? Or maybe Serious & Silly Productions?

Or maybe... SilentTimer & Sustainabilizer Productions? (Or vice versa.)

DämmerUNG:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:41 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2394

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:10 pm UTC

LUNGIE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:BE VEWY VEWY QUIET, I'M HUNTING TWANSWATEOUNGS

-- posted by oldpixbot

SilentTimer

Re: 1190: Time for Physics – phys-0002

Postby SilentTimer » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:37 pm UTC

THE SANDISHEST PART OF SPOILERONG IS DUNEJUMPTION IN YOUR NOPIX -- ongomome
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

-- posted by SilentBot Image

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:56 am UTC

Hello again, Ms Frizzle.

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:17 pm UTC

Ooh, lots of treeish stuff, and OTTers stopping by! I have to do some ketchup, but I just wanted to say hi to everybody. Hi, everybody!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

svenman

Postby svenman » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 pm UTC

Hi, Laura Mae!

WatchUNG:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Wnderer.)

WakUNG:
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

addams

Postby addams » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:58 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Ooh, lots of treeish stuff, and OTTers stopping by! I have to do some ketchup, but I just wanted to say hi to everybody. Hi, everybody!
Hi, Honey!
You are a Jewel.

A word from OutSide:
Spoiler:
The HummingBirds see me put out new nectar, cold from the refrigerator.
The word spreads , quickly!

They Love cold nectar!
They will put aside their differences and sit side-by-side to drink the cold liquid.

They are a funny community.
If a feeder is empty, they send an appointed bird to scold me.

After a few clicks and a whistle within inches of my face,
....well...I spring, slowly, into acton.

They get their cold nectar and I get entertainment.

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:58 pm UTC

addams wrote:If a feeder is empty, they send an appointed bird to scold me. [...]
They get their cold nectar and I get entertainment.
Boy, those raptors have you wrapped around their talon! Bet they're glad to have you!

(as are we!)

lmjb1964 wrote:Hi, everybody!
Hi June Bug! It's great to see you here too! (And to not get scolded because I have no cold nectar in my refrigerator.) :)

Storm just passed. Evidence of that big bright skycircle is behind the remaining clouds.

Jose

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:16 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Storm just passed. Evidence of that big bright skycircle is behind the remaining clouds.

Well, last wip here, the river in back decided to be a little more seaish than it ought to be, and our whole back yard up to the first step out the back door was underwater.

addams

Postby addams » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:25 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:
ucim wrote:Storm just passed. Evidence of that big bright skycircle is behind the remaining clouds.

Well, last wip here, the river in back decided to be a little more seaish than it ought to be, and our whole back yard up to the first step out the back door was underwater.
oh, Dear!
It seems the Sea wants to be Everywhere!

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

mrob27

1190: Time: "KETCHUP IT IN YOUR UNG" SOUNDS LIKE SLANG FOR TELLING SOMEONE TO POST.

Postby mrob27 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:49 am UTC

moody7277 wrote:Well, last wip here, the river in back decided to be a little more seaish than it ought to be, and our whole back yard up to the first step out the back door was underwater.

Back in the day, my family lived in a converted boathouse on a tidal estuary (I think you can see where this is going…). The house had most everything on the upstairs floor, but my bedroom was on the ground floor, being the newest room in the house and the only finished room on that floor.
  The sea, the sky, the skycircle, and the other skycircle apparently were all trying to impress each other with regards to how much each of them knew what they were doing, and I woke up in the morning to find my bedroom floor was under a good 20 cm or so of coffeesnowsemensaltsandbabiescancerbacon water. We didn't even have a storm, or anything to show for it, just a particularly favourable1 coincidence of all the things that can make the Sea go a little more seaishier.

mrob27 Image (and Image )

1From the Sea1's point of view.
1which is BIG.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”