buffygirl wrote:For Eliram
Hello, everybody, I was gone for almost a week, only to return and find that buffygirl made this AMAZING avatar for me. THANK YOU so much!
I was away for a long crazy weekend and events that followed, very cool stuff, if you want to have a peek, look here: http://2013.kinnernet.com
I left Cueball and Megan shortly after the white tide, and caught up with the now using a swift time travel accelerator (geekwagon). I hereby agree with everything everyone said during that time.
Well. New Information indeed. Now ... Is our match still a match?
- Are there 'Off' seasons around the Dead Sea? If yes, how is River Jordan behaving?
- Is there a camping zone somewhere close to the Dead Sea or River Jordan?
- Is it possible to wander around there? The area is, after all, not exactly free of human generated dissent.
Eliram, are you out there?
I'm here, I'm back, with a hat, watching out for a bat.
- The dead sea doesn't really have an "off season", not usually. In the summer everything gets really hot (over 40 deg. Celsius) but since it's so low in the atmosphere, it's actually safe to sunbathe. The Jordan river keeps flowing in, only very slowly. There was a year, though, where there were so much water shortage, that they almost stopped the flow (there's flow control between the sea of Galilee and the dead sea.)
- There are several camping zones near the dead sea, not much vegetation, but some. In the summer there is a risk of huge sink holes that may appear suddenly.
- The dead sea is a very popular hiking area, especially along the side streams where you can find even some nice waterfalls, vegetation and actual cliffs.
So, I would expect in the near future:
1. one or more waterfalls / cliffs.
2. Possibly a sinkhole (they have a rope, don't worry)
3. Weird trees. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calotropis_procera
It's about time.