1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 pm UTC

Spoiler:

rvloon wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
spamjam wrote:Well done Mr. Biscuits! I can picture you hunched over your keyboard for the last hour waiting for the exact instant to post. Hope you don't get pre-ninja'd by a new poster in the approval queue. Nice ONG too!

Other than that I have nothing to say other that it's coma time and I just want to leave my mark on this notable NP.
Teehee, yeah I got the idea for that about 5 newpages ago, and have indeed been anxiously refreshing this past hour newpix or so :oops:

Edit: 7 newpages ago actually!
yappobiscuits wrote:Edit: Also I see we only have 7 newpages to go before we come to... Well let's just say I'll be preparing a certain Iron Maiden parody for when we reach said newpage...

Of course, this could also have been done on page 616, apparently. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast

Back to my regular ketchup.

Ronald

I'm well aware of the other number of the beast (thankyou QI), but went for 666 because:
A. I missed out on 616
B. 666 is more well known anyway
C. The Iron Maiden song I wanted to parody.

higgs-boson wrote:"Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!"
Spoiler:

"Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!"

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow, bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow!

StratPlayer wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Happy New Century! And hey look! It's my 100th post! So... this is what I'm supposed to do, right?
<snip>

Brilliant! Great job, and happy 100th!!! :D

Cheers :D
mikro2nd wrote:
jetpac wrote:See, this is what good wordplay looks like. Not page after page of bag puns.

They should all get the sack?

WUHEYYY :P
mathrec wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Happy New Century! And hey look! It's my 100th post! So... this is what I'm supposed to do, right?

I loved that! Now we're doing centuripostal projects. This thread is a creative incubator. Bravo, yappobiscuits. (Can I call you yappo?)

Thanks! And of course you can, as I explained once before, Yappo is my original/usual internet name, I just sometimes use variations or extensions such as Yappobiscuits :)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri May 24, 2013 6:52 pm UTC

Qalyar wrote:So, I decided to jump into the poetry challenges, as penance for my limited interactions with the OTT. Naturally, of course, such jumping occurred in the deep end. I think this is a form-accurate double dactyl in which each line is an anagram of the corresponding line of the opposite stanza. My goal was, in 44 slightly tortured syllables, to tell the story of the OTC's command to us, from the days when we thought this was a story about sandcastles to our fear of the distant future ... and then, in anagram, to condemn those who have walked away.

Higgledy-piggledy!
Clay-lairs Architect
told us to "Wait for it."
Steady, the lad!

Gilded-hype, giggly
(characteristically)
twit -- oft idolatrous --
halted, yet sad.

For the record ... this form is really hard without the anagrams ...

That was awesome. You aughta contribute more :!:

Just realized I missed my 100th post....
I think it was the one with the fly-babies. That's pretty fitting, though I didn't get to go 'boobies'
Last edited by ergman on Fri May 24, 2013 6:55 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri May 24, 2013 6:53 pm UTC

@Qalyar - great DDMA poem!
@Valarya - thanks for the parting cupcakes! look forward to having you back.

SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
Artemis_Wolf wrote:
mathrec wrote:(If anyone doesn't have their jaw on the floor, just try to write two double dactyl lines that have meaning relevant to the forum and are anagrams of each other!)

To quote Barney Stinson,
"Challenge accepted!"
(I wouldn't have quoted Barney Stinson, but it came up in the anagram/double-dactyl hybrid.)
Okay, so it's no Shakespeare, (as is common with anagrams, it makes little sense) but I think it's pretty good for a double-dactyl/anagram hybrid.
Writing process:

So I looked up the form of a double dactyl on Wikipedia, replaced a few vowels with apostrophes, (making sure I used apostrophes on the second half to represent the same vowels) realized that I made the bottom lines into two dactyls instead of a dactyl and a stressed syllable, stuck the bottom lines on the top, and was almost finished when my mother asked me to go to bed. By that time, I'd experimented with a few possible versions of each line and wasn't sure which worked better-- the some of the lines were definitely lesser because they had to be anagrams of lines on the other half of the double dactyl-- and I ended up with three versions of the odd-numbered lines and two of the even. Just to keep the symmetry, I made up two quick alternate versions of the even-numbered lines.

The versions of my double dactyl:

VERSION 1:
Sand nil height, hourglass mite.-------Animals, drought shines light,
Time, Ben?-- lonely mus'c.--------------Biolum'nescently.
Challenge accept'd! Subm'rine pure.---Meg'n, Cueball, Princ'ss Peach trued,
What conquers all?-----------------------Clan quest: Warhol.

VERSION 2:
Sand midnight, hourglass lithe,--------Animal's droughts shined light,
Timely en noble mus'c.------------------Biolum'nescently.
Challenge accept'd! Subm'rine's peri.--Meg'n, Cueball, Princ'ss Peach stride--
Life conquers all.-------------------------Liquor, scene fall.
("peri" meaning periscope)

VERSION 3:
Sand holes mite, hourglass night-------Animal's droughts shone lights
Worry en sylph unto----------------------Tryphon-Sunflowery
Challenge accepted, Baum!--------------Megan Dee, patch Cueball. (Should that be "Megan, patch Cueball Dee"?)
Randall Munroe.---------------------------Murder Naal, lo!
("Tryphon-Sunflowery" being derived from the literal translation of Tryphon Tournesol-- which is apparently Herge's orginal name for Cuthbert Calculus in the Tintin series-- and "Naal" meaning the murder movie Andha Naal)

The lines are pretty much interchangeable, so one line might go better on another version. Not sure which versions of which (pairs of) lines are the best.
Anyway, hopefully I didn't mess up the meter or the anagrams. What do you guys think? Any feedback?

Yeah, you made me feel really old when you said your mother asked you to go to bed. Welcome to the OTT.

You forgot to leave your comment for Artemis_Wolf. I didn't see this post. It is interesting, Artemis_Wolf, and they all appear to be anagrams, kudos!, but I don't think you achieved the challenge. I don't see two anagrams of double dactyls across from each other.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm UTC

A bit of microImage. (It's only been a couple of newpix... Busy times in the OTC and OTT.)

mscha wrote:Looks like I might have been right with
mscha wrote:Or perhaps we'll be watching Molpyfly acrobatics for a hectonewpix or so.

FWIW, no fade (yet?). Black is still black as midnight on a moonless night.

Panic subsided. Image
Makes you wonder what the point was of us stating behind for a duonewpix.
Re: interstitialism, I do agree that we can only assume we're being told the whole story and not “cheated” out of relevant details. (I hate it when a movie does that.) But at times like these, where we lose the main characters for a while (and the Fade is, of course, a far bigger example of this) do make you wonder what Cuegan has been up to.
In any case,
slinches wrote:That vineyard wasn't very lONG.
Spoiler:
ETA: Okay, maybe not that short. It looks to be roughly 1.5 frame widths or ~23qheretical
heretical127 ft or 39 m

isn't a fair assumption, they must have been walking alONG for the past two newpix.

Probably too late, but bye, Valarya! Bring some cupcakes back, will ya? Image (Don't they have internet in Michigan? Image)

Qualyar: wonderful accomplishment! And I'm looking forward to your lipogrammic adaptation. Image
Last edited by mscha on Fri May 24, 2013 6:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

astrocub

Postby astrocub » Fri May 24, 2013 6:55 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:-snip-
The potential heresy in interstitialism is that It implies a deceitful Creator -- that is, one that not just Does What He Wants and Knows What He's Doing as we all believe even when those doings are beyond our full understanding, but who deliberately chooses to present a distorted picture knowing that it will lead to false conclusions.

Um, hi, have you seen this image? :D
Spoiler:

In all seriousness, I agree wholeheartedly with your comment and subsequent posts on the topic, and would like to summarize it in my own mind as:
GLR is being very smart and deliberate in what he does and doesn't include in the OTC, and especially with regard to whatever incredibly powerful significance GLR intends with the OTC as a whole (whether or not it is finite.)

And on that note, GLR has now purposefully shown us frames in which Megball are not present and the only activity is that of a molpfly/beesnake. This bearsin witness protection program strong resemblance to earlier sandcastle scenes in which the only activity was the rising of the sea. Therefore, I am led to believe that the molpyfli and other critters are not just setting the scene, but have some ulterior significance on par with the Seabig, does what it wants.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri May 24, 2013 6:57 pm UTC

Ebonite wrote:If we're all in agreement, then we're ready for candidates for the 4th verse.
kenmelken wrote:For reference, the original 4th stanza of Jabberwocky is as follows:

And as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

We'll never know
What made it so
...Exciting
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

End of vineyONG...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

StratPlayer

Postby StratPlayer » Fri May 24, 2013 7:02 pm UTC

azule wrote:
SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
Artemis_Wolf wrote:
mathrec wrote:(If anyone doesn't have their jaw on the floor, just try to write two double dactyl lines that have meaning relevant to the forum and are anagrams of each other!)

To quote Barney Stinson,
"Challenge accepted!"
(I wouldn't have quoted Barney Stinson, but it came up in the anagram/double-dactyl hybrid.)
Okay, so it's no Shakespeare, (as is common with anagrams, it makes little sense) but I think it's pretty good for a double-dactyl/anagram hybrid.
Writing process:

So I looked up the form of a double dactyl on Wikipedia, replaced a few vowels with apostrophes, (making sure I used apostrophes on the second half to represent the same vowels) realized that I made the bottom lines into two dactyls instead of a dactyl and a stressed syllable, stuck the bottom lines on the top, and was almost finished when my mother asked me to go to bed. By that time, I'd experimented with a few possible versions of each line and wasn't sure which worked better-- the some of the lines were definitely lesser because they had to be anagrams of lines on the other half of the double dactyl-- and I ended up with three versions of the odd-numbered lines and two of the even. Just to keep the symmetry, I made up two quick alternate versions of the even-numbered lines.

The versions of my double dactyl:

VERSION 1:

VERSION 2:

VERSION 3:
Challenge accepted, Baum!--------------Megan Dee, patch Cueball. (Should that be "Megan, patch Cueball Dee"?)
("Tryphon-Sunflowery" being derived from the literal translation of Tryphon Tournesol-- which is apparently Herge's orginal name for Cuthbert Calculus in the Tintin series-- and "Naal" meaning the murder movie Andha Naal)

The lines are pretty much interchangeable, so one line might go better on another version. Not sure which versions of which (pairs of) lines are the best.
Anyway, hopefully I didn't mess up the meter or the anagrams. What do you guys think? Any feedback?

Yeah, you made me feel really old when you said your mother asked you to go to bed. Welcome to the OTT.

You forgot to leave your comment for Artemis_Wolf. I didn't see this post. It is interesting, Artemis_Wolf, and they all appear to be anagrams, kudos!, but I don't think you achieved the challenge. I don't see two anagrams of double dactyls across from each other.

You are absolutely right, azule -- Artimis_Wolf's work was also incredible and certainly deserves recognition! Anagrams are tough. Double-Dactyl's are tough. Putting the two of them together and getting any semblance of meaning out is phenomenally hard!!! Amazing work, Artimis_Wolf! :D
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Fri May 24, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

What's the collective noun for potential collective nouns for molpy?

Eternal Density wrote:If someone in the movie industry signs a copy of their book for you, and asks your name so they can personalise it, does that count as a collaborative work?

Darnit! Now I doubly regret not having a copy of Cédric Villani's book when I saw him the other day. Although I probably have an Erdös number of the first kind that low anyway, given the size of the author lists I've been on. I could probably figure out a finite Bacon number if I could include YouTube videos. Thanks for the lyrics to 'Around the World', by the way; for ages I thought it went, 'around and whirled around and Rudolph.' :D

I have yappobiscuits' 100 song in my head now.

Dracomax, there's a rhyme missing in the first stanza of The Molpy Connection; to be consistent with the original song, 'are' should rhyme with 'hide'. Here is a suggested heretical version (before covering me with chocolate and salmiak, remember that the next bit states that we know it's wrong.)

Why are there so many songs about molpies
And what type of creature they are
Molpies are visions
and only illusions,
mistakes by the GLR.

We could also change 'some choose to believe it' to 'Outsiders believe it' (alas, 'heretics' does not have the right rhythm. But at least it's a dactyl.)
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

astrocub

Postby astrocub » Fri May 24, 2013 7:04 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:What's the collective noun for potential collective nouns for molpy?

A cancer of potential collective nouns for molpi. :D

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

astrocub wrote:-snip-
And on that note, GLR has now purposefully shown us frames in which Megball are not present and the only activity is that of a molpfly/beesnake. This bearsin witness protection program strong resemblance to earlier sandcastle scenes in which the only activity was the rising of the sea. Therefore, I am led to believe that the molpyfli and other critters are not just setting the scene, but have some ulterior significance on par with the Seabig, does what it wants.

I must agree with astrocub. GLR has called our attention directly to the molpyflies. I have faith that they must mean something and I predict that questions (not answers) about them will arise from Cuegan in the coming Newpix (5 to 500 from now (as a conservative estimate)).
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Probably too late, but bye, Valarya! Bring some cupcakes back, will ya? Image (Don't they have internet in Michigan? Image)

Nope! There's absolutely NO internet in Michigan. Those poor bastards. :P .. but I'll be dancing too hard for 4 days straight anyway, so the only time I'll be in the hotel is when I'm passed out. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the warm goodbyes err'one else. <3 <3 For reals leaving this time (I'm just too addicted to the OTT/OTC to stay gone for long).
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

Qalyar wrote:
azule wrote:
mscha wrote:OtherComic alert.
I honestly can't think of a way how this is “all related” to the OTC/OTT...

Words make us happy or sad. "Dialogue" in the OTC makes us happy, or...mad. Have they made us sad yet?

"Bye."

Yay! Thanks for that. Now it's ALL related. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

TimeLurker

Postby TimeLurker » Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 pm UTC

astrocub wrote:
Angelastic wrote:What's the collective noun for potential collective nouns for molpy?

A cancer of potential collective nouns for molpi. :D

It is certainly growing like a cancer.
Voice of the Silent
Owner of the contents of Cueball's head
Lurking Time-Ninja of the Past-Post

ergman

Postby ergman » Fri May 24, 2013 7:08 pm UTC

astrocub wrote:<kersnip>

I agree. The molpflies have been very frequent, blatant(more so than regular molpies) and deliberate. I feel like they will be important to some extant. Maybe they are molpsquitos, and will bite Cuegan, possibly giving them malaria
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 24, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
Spoiler:
What's the collective noun for potential collective nouns for molpy?

Eternal Density wrote:If someone in the movie industry signs a copy of their book for you, and asks your name so they can personalise it, does that count as a collaborative work?

Darnit! Now I doubly regret not having a copy of Cédric Villani's book when I saw him the other day. Although I probably have an Erdös number of the first kind that low anyway, given the size of the author lists I've been on. I could probably figure out a finite Bacon number if I could include YouTube videos. Thanks for the lyrics to 'Around the World', by the way; for ages I thought it went, 'around and whirled around and Rudolph.' :D

I have yappobiscuits' 100 song in my head now.

Dracomax, there's a rhyme missing in the first stanza of The Molpy Connection; to be consistent with the original song, 'are' should rhyme with 'hide'. Here is a suggested heretical version (before covering me with chocolate and salmiak, remember that the next bit states that we know it's wrong.)

Molpies are visions
and only illusions,
mistakes by the GLR.

We could also change 'some choose to believe it' to 'Outsiders believe it' (alas, 'heretics' does not have the right rhythm. But at least it's a dactyl.)

Point taken about rhyme. I'm going to keep "Some" though. first, it has the right number of beats, and fits the original song's message better. After all, Some outsiders might not believe it(for though they are lost, they are not necessarily heretical).
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Fri May 24, 2013 7:11 pm UTC

ergman wrote:I agree. The molpflies have been very frequent, blatant(more so than regular molpies) and deliberate. I feel like they will be important to some extant. Maybe they are molpsquitos, and will bite Cuegan, possibly giving them malaria

I think they look too seaish to be molpsquitos. So I googled 'flying insects in Madagascar' and determined them to be molcusts.

I think cancer is the perfect collective noun for potential collective nouns for molpiform creatures.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:As a ‘reward’, here's an animation of the current Molpyfly. (Presumably complete, we'll probably move to a new scene next newpix.)
Spoiler:

BEESNAKES! squeeeee, i love molpies and beesnakes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

--

And now I bid all of you adieu for a time. Will be flying up to Detroit this long wipend for the Electronic Music Festival. I predict I'll be a solid 65+NPs behind when I get back. At least.

I will miss all of you... and the molpies. The beesnakes and the cakes. The noir, the stories, the poetry. So here are some cupcakes, to remember me by:

Who was that?
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 7:12 pm UTC

Final version of the vineyard vine½cue Molpyfly animation.

Now was that worth hanging around for 2 newpix for??
Last edited by mscha on Fri May 24, 2013 7:14 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Fri May 24, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:As a ‘reward’, here's an animation of the current Molpyfly. (Presumably complete, we'll probably move to a new scene next newpix.)

BEESNAKES! squeeeee, i love molpies and beesnakes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

--

And now I bid all of you adieu for a time. Will be flying up to Detroit this long wipend for the Electronic Music Festival. I predict I'll be a solid 65+NPs behind when I get back. At least.

I will miss all of you... and the molpies. The beesnakes and the cakes. The noir, the stories, the poetry. So here are some cupcakes, to remember me by:

Who was that masked man?

FTFY
Answer:Batman.
Last edited by Dracomax on Fri May 24, 2013 7:13 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

astrocub

Postby astrocub » Fri May 24, 2013 7:13 pm UTC

TimeLurker wrote:
astrocub wrote:-snip-

I must agree with astrocub. GLR has called our attention directly to the molpyflies. I have faith that they must mean something and I predict that questions (not answers) about them will arise from Cuegan in the coming Newpix (5 to 500 from now (as a conservative estimate)).

Perhaps they are carrion molpyfli, and he is alluding to the masses of dead stick figures strewn about the ground.

Sheesh, that's terribly morbid even for me...

ETA: TimeLurker, everytime I look at your avatar I see a creepy face staring at me :shock:

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Fri May 24, 2013 7:21 pm UTC

mscha wrote:<snip>
slinches wrote:That vineyard wasn't very lONG.
Spoiler:
ETA: Okay, maybe not that short. It looks to be roughly 1.5 frame widths or ~23qheretical
heretical127 ft or 39 m

isn't a fair assumption, they must have been walking alONG for the past two newpix.

<snip>

True, we did cut back to Cuegan after two newpix with them in a similar position to where they have been in the first frame of a scene traversal. We'd have to check whether the scenes overlap or ends match up to figure out if there was any vine row length that wasn't shown.

My estimate does set a minimum bound, though. And assuming Cuegan kept walking at a similar pace, they likely traveled an additional ~0.5 frame widths making the vine row ~30q ([heresy]174 ft[/heresy]), but could be longer if the time in Time wasn't constant.

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 7:24 pm UTC

htom wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Spoiler:
mscha wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
mscha wrote:A bit late, but it's never to late to call out heresy.
Eternal Density wrote:Oh, there's a 'some' which it may or not be okay to take. I don't think it's a vineyard, but maybe a vine0.9144metres

Heretic!
Approximately half a vinecue.

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand this, so I chose not to pursue it. If you want to take care of it, I'll deputize you to the inquisition.

Eternal Density converts a vineyard to metric. That would be a wise and sensible thing to do in the Outside, but since this vinemeasurement is in the OTC, it is highly heretic.
But OK, I'll take this one. Eternal Density, please make yourself comfortable in the Comfty Sofa. Do you have any preference for type of chocolate or other sweets you want to be mildly pelted with?

I saw the pun, but I must have missed where said distances are heresy now. Sometimes it is hard to keep track, there are so many doctrines and nursetrines. It makes it easier to surprise people though, so score.

I suggest well-tempered chocolate and marshmallows.

OK, Eternal Density will be gently pelted with well-tempered chocolate marshmallows, accompanied by music from Bach's well-tempered clavier.
Spoiler:
Last edited by mscha on Fri May 24, 2013 7:26 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 24, 2013 7:25 pm UTC

Rule110 wrote:The potential heresy in interstitialism is that It implies a deceitful Creator -- that is, one that not just Does What He Wants and Knows What He's Doing as we all believe even when those doings are beyond our full understanding, but who deliberately chooses to present a distorted picture knowing that it will lead to false conclusions.

I think that GLR has (implicitly) promised that we would be entertained, but NOT that he would make our lives easy. Or make his creation easy to fathom.

In most "religions" it is hard to see in to the mind of the creator - even though such as popes suggest they (and sometimes only they) can. But that has always been called hubris, even if widely practiced.

So, my suggestion would be to speculate away, but with some humility.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Rule110

Postby Rule110 » Fri May 24, 2013 7:35 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Qalyar wrote:
azule wrote:

Words make us happy or sad. "Dialogue" in the OTC makes us happy, or...mad. Have they made us sad yet?

"Bye."

QFT!

That was the saddest thing ever said in the OTC or the OTT

Agreed.

This reminds me of a Theory of Time I had a while back, which was treeish and yet rather disturbing as well. The idea is, we've been overlooking the key characteristic of time all along. Instead of the relevant category being things that are on our side, it should be things that fly when you're having fun.1

Cueball and Megan were having fun building sand castles. So perhaps their time flew. Without realizing it, they have passed many years into their future. Time flew fast enough and far enough that normal phenomena making the sea gradually rise at normal millicue per hectokilonewpix rates became visible to them. So now, as time travelers from the past, they're exploring a mysteriously changed and depopulated world. But they have not yet realized it because they're exploring places they weren't familiar with to begin with.

What doesn't fit this theory is LaPetite, who appears at the sand castles at different times without apparent aging. We could surmise that by the time of LaPetite's first appearance Megan and Cueball had stopped having fun and were therefore back to experiencing normal time, but the sea was still visibly rising between LaPetite's appearances so it doesn't fit. LaPetite could have been off having fun herself, but that's forcing the issue out of the range of being an elegant theory.

Still, something to keep in mind, when you're off having fun this holiday weekend. See you in the future!

Oh, and the flying insects could be timeflies. They're fun to watch!

1other things in the same category: kites, money, virginity, bullets
Last edited by Rule110 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after Time...

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Rule110 wrote:The potential heresy in interstitialism is that It implies a deceitful Creator -- that is, one that not just Does What He Wants and Knows What He's Doing as we all believe even when those doings are beyond our full understanding, but who deliberately chooses to present a distorted picture knowing that it will lead to false conclusions.

I think that GLR has (implicitly) promised that we would be entertained, but NOT that he would make our lives easy. Or make his creation easy to fathom.

In most "religions" it is hard to see in to the mind of the creator - even though such as popes suggest they (and sometimes only they) can. But that has always been called hubris, even if widely practiced.

Randall moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea¹
And rides upon the sea level rising event.

Spoiler:
Deep in unfathomable rivers²
Of never failing skill
He treasures up His neat designs
And works His sovereign will.

Ye fearful knights, fresh courage take;
The Molpies ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Judge not the Creator by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every newpix;
The berry may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the grape.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
Randall is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.
Last edited by mscha on Fri May 24, 2013 7:42 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 24, 2013 7:38 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Final version of the vineyard vine½cue Molpyfly animation.

Now was that worth hanging around for 2 newpix for??

That totally was.
Thank Randall for letting us enjoy the extra Molpyfly action; and thank mscha for the animation(s).
It's some of these little things that have been making the OTC and OTC all the more enjoyable over the last few centanewpix

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Fri May 24, 2013 7:39 pm UTC

Maybe this has already been said (I tend to skim, sorry), but the molpyflies/bee-snakes might actually be flying pocket watches...

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Fri May 24, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:

Randall moves in a mysterious way
His wonders to perform;
He plants His footsteps in the sea¹
And rides upon the sea level rising event.

Deep in unfathomable rivers²
Of never failing skill
He treasures up His neat designs
And works His sovereign will.

Ye fearful knights, fresh courage take;
The Molpies ye so much dread
Are big with mercy and shall break
In blessings on your head.

Judge not the Creator by feeble sense,
But trust Him for His grace;
Behind a frowning providence
He hides a smiling face.

His purposes will ripen fast,
Unfolding every newpix;
The berry may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the grape.

Blind unbelief is sure to err
And scan His work in vain;
Randall is His own interpreter,
And He will make it plain.

All we have to do is
Spoiler:
[heresy]be patient[/heresy]

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 pm UTC

CLONG!

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:CLONG!

Poor old newpixbot... It was getting so excited:
newpixbot wrote:Just one more millinewpix, and I finally get to ONG again!!

But no, you had to go and spoil the party...

PS: Image
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 pm UTC

mikro2nd wrote:
jetpac wrote:See, this is what good wordplay looks like. Not page after page of bag puns.

They should all get the sack?

Yes, like a moose-obsessed credits translator. Or, alternatively, like someone who was entrusted with the responsibility of sacking the previously mentioned møøse-obsessed credits translator.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Earthling on Mars wrote:CLONG!

Poor old newpixbot... It was getting so excited:
newpixbot wrote:Just one more millinewpix, and I finally get to ONG again!!

But no, you had to go and spoil the party...

PS: Image

Aww, sorry, newpixbot. *pats newpixbot's head* Maybe you'll get the next one.

buffygirl
Cardinal

Postby buffygirl » Fri May 24, 2013 8:18 pm UTC

Artemis_Wolf wrote:
Spoiler:
VERSION 1:

VERSION 2:

VERSION 3:

Amazing! Such dedication to the cause. I'm not sure that it's completely true to the meter, and it is, of course, a bit awkward to speak. But I still love it!

Eternal Density wrote:
ucim wrote:[Scene 7: exterior, morning]
Sounds of birds twittering, the slight rustling of people in their tents waking up. <longsnip>

My reaction is a combination of awe and laughter. Well done!

Me too! I am loving this! *claps madly*

yay for Penis!

azule wrote:

EDIT:
BlitzGirl wrote:Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words make me feel like maybe I came back at the wrong Time...
*glances over at the Present Present stashed in the corner*

:( Well, don't feel bad, please. We're just being stupidly conscious, like adults. We're not kids anymore. I think adults like presents... I think. I usually try to buy my own stuff though. Other adults seem to like the gesture though. :)

Yes, I was sad when Megan said "bye" (ninja'd by some other folk)

Red Hal wrote:Also, if anyone's making a mix, can I request that this be added?

What a beautiful song & video!

Dracomax wrote:Another song brought on by molp-speration

The Molpy Connection
Spoiler:
Molpies are visions
and only illusions
and molpies have nothing to hide

So we've been told
and some choose to beleive it
But I know they're wrong, wait and see
Someday we'll find it
the molpy connection
the Ryhmers, the blitzers, and me.

Who said that every question
would be heard and answered
when asked in the one true thread
Somebody thought of it, and someone beleived it
now look how many pages you've read

What's so amazing that keeps us thread gazing
and what do we think that we might see
Someday we'll find it
the molpy connection

All of us watching Time, we know that it's probably magic

Have you been comaing?
and have you seen the Cuegan?
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young blitzers
the voice may be one and the same

I've seen it too many times to ignore it
there's something that I'm supposed to post
Someday we'll find it
the molpy connection

Not entirely happy with the meter, but it works well enough, I guess.

I miss Jim Henson.

This song makes me happy.

Dracomax wrote:Fun fact. 19 and 20 are actually the same person.

REALLY?!??? Everything IS connected!

jetpac

Postby jetpac » Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 pm UTC

StratPlayer wrote:
Dracomax wrote:Another song brought on by molp-speration

The Molpy Connection
Spoiler:
Molpies are visions
and only illusions
and molpies have nothing to hide

So we've been told
and some choose to beleive it
But I know they're wrong, wait and see
Someday we'll find it
the molpy connection

Who said that every question
would be heard and answered
when asked in the one true thread
Somebody thought of it, and someone beleived it
now look how many pages you've read

What's so amazing that keeps us thread gazing
and what do we think that we might see
Someday we'll find it
the molpy connection

All of us watching Time, we know that it's probably magic

Have you been comaing?
and have you seen the Cuegan?
I've heard them calling my name
Is this the sweet sound, that calls the young blitzers
the voice may be one and the same

I've seen it too many times to ignore it
there's something that I'm supposed to post
Someday we'll find it
the molpy connection

Not entirely happy with the meter, but it works well enough, I guess.

I miss Jim Henson.

Really nice! I like this!

Oh, and "The Molpy Connection?" It's this:

Spoiler:
1. Dracomax wrote the great song parody "The Molpy Connection"

2. "Molpy" is a term that was first used in the OTT by BlitzGirl.

3. BlitzGirl also has A Blog where the last entry was made on April 26, 2013.

4. April 26, 2013 was the same day that the movie "The Big Wedding" was first released in the US and Canada.

5. "The Big Wedding" stars Robert Di Niro, who won his first Oscar in 1974 for Best Supporting Actor in the movie "The Godfather Part II".

6. "The Godfather Part II" was produced, directed, and co-written (along with Mario Puzo) by Francis Ford Coppola.

7. Francis Ford Coppola was born in Detroit, Michigan as the son of Carmine Coppola, who was a flautist with the Detroit Symphony at the time.

8. A "flautist" is someone who plays the flute.

9. A "flute" also refers to a Champagne flute, a tall, slender glass used to drink Champagne.

10. Champagne was also the subject of a quote attributed to Winston Churchill, used to inspire the troops during the liberation of France in WWII: "remember gentlemen, it's not just France we are fighting for, it's Champagne!"

11. Winston Churchill is also one of the title characters in a short student film, "The Odd Couple: Winston Churchill & Joseph Stalin"by Dan Vallancourt.

12. "The Odd Couple" is a reference to a TV show and a 1968 movie based on the play of the same name by Neil Simon.

13. Neil Simon's first play was "Come Blow Your Horn" in 1961.

14. The title "Come Blow Your Horn" is an allusion to the old nursery rhyme "Little Boy Blue", which features the line, "Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn".

15. "Little Boy" was also the codename of the first atomic bomb, dropped on Hiroshima, Japan on August 6, 1945. The order to drop the bomb was given by US President Harry S. Truman.

16. Harry S. Truman was born in Lamar, Missouri on May 8, 1884, but moved to Independence, Missouri when he was 6 years old. He grew up in Independence and won his first elected position there in 1922.

17. Independence, Missouri is also the birthplace of fantasy authors Margaret Weis, and Jim Butcher, creator of "The Dresden Files".

18. The Dresden Files has spanned multiple best-selling novels and has even inspired fantasy role-playing games. The first volume "Your Story", is available from Amazon in both hardcover version and a Kindle version.

19. The Kindle version of "The Dresden Files RPG Volume 1: Your Story" on Amazon, only has one review -- a 4-star review by the Amazon user "dracomax". This is the user's only review on Amazon.

20. "Dracomax" is also the user-name of our Grand High Lord Inquisitor, Head of the Inquisition, here in the OTT.

21. Dracomax wrote the great song parody "The Molpy Connection"

EDITED for spelling and to correct a mistype of "WWII" as "WWI".
EDITED again to spolier for length...

Going from 11 to 15 was like New York to Boston via Melbourne. But then again, the whole thing is a long and exciting trip from point A to point A, so I probably shouldn't be surprised :)

partingLance

Postby partingLance » Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:I swear I knew that, but I get them mixed up because neither country sounds like the name of it's population...
Honestly, I don't see why anyone should care what North America calls the product so long as they aren't forcing others to do the same. Usually, and especially in this case, it's a derivation of the languages spoken and the logic thereof. I will call it lego bricks, but honestly, it's "Go play with your legos," or "Pick your legos up."

(BlitzPost from NP 639 of 704; by the time I reach the present I expect this topic will have long been forgotten, but...)

I can't speak for Mexico, but in the part of North America I know best, that being Canada, it's "Lego" in the singular, as it apparently is in the UK. Not sure why that might be, but if Lego was first marketed in NAm in the 1950s, that was a period in which (English-speaking) Canada was still at least as close to the British, culturally, as to the USians.

And here endeth my bit of arm-waving pop sociology for today.
StratPlayer wrote:And at this very moment, someone on the Isle of Wight named Bungalo Bill is listening to the 'splat' made from using their family album to squash a beetle, that had ran, helter-skelter, straight for the wild honey pie made by his dear wife Prudence...

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Fri May 24, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

Charter for a quest:

Have any of you wordsmiths thought to capture the special vocabulary of this world on a page? I'd seriously appreciate all of the neologisms in one place. Perhaps it's been done and I missed it. But I miss it in any case.

A dictionary of the OTC (Edit: OTT, actually). For posterity. Think of the children.
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Charter for a quest:

Have any of you wordsmiths thought to capture the special vocabulary of this world on a page? I'd seriously appreciate all of the neologisms in one place. Perhaps it's been done and I missed it. But I miss it in any case.

A dictionary of the OTC (Edit: OTT, actually). For posterity. Think of the children.

Well, the OTW has a Glossary. It hasn't been well-maintained, though, not even Molpy is on there. (But that's where you can help. :)) Some terms also have their own Wiki entries.
This is also a good place to spot the introduction of new words.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:52 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
mscha wrote:Probably too late, but bye, Valarya! Bring some cupcakes back, will ya? Image (Don't they have internet in Michigan? Image)

Nope! There's absolutely NO internet in Michigan. Those poor bastards. :P .. but I'll be dancing too hard for 4 days straight anyway, so the only time I'll be in the hotel is when I'm passed out. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the warm goodbyes err'one else. <3 <3 For reals leaving this time (I'm just too addicted to the OTT/OTC to stay gone for long).

Bye.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:53 pm UTC

*drags furniture in front of the door* There, that should keep the Outside at bay for a few minutes. I keep drifting further and further behind because of those damn heretics out there! But here's some stuff.

cellocgw wrote:
Dracomax wrote:But is glaring with intent the same as glaring intentionally?

Only if your name is Aqualung. Ooops, that was *staring* .

Actually, it was "eyeing."
And thanks, StratPlayer, I never knew that semantic satiation was an actual thing, with a name and everything.
StratPlayer wrote:[EDIT to add: Hey! Wow -- 700th post!!! And at the top of the NewPage!
But it says that was post 713 for you. Not to rain on your parade or anything.

Great poetry from Rule110 and taixzo! And some profundity from mathrec:
Spoiler:
mathrec wrote:I think the Inquisition has done a great service to the civility of our forum. It is the perfect kind of Inquistion: actively engaged, supported by the community, and inept ineffective. The recognized punishments of the Inquisition give the suggestion of being pleasant, then fall disappointingly short.

So steaks smell really good when you're cooking them (apologies to our vegans), but when the Inquisitor doesn't stop, the heretic gets a charred, barely edible steak after enduring the promise of something savory.

It's a fitting mock punishment for mock heresy. We joke about the Inquisition for mock offenses (since we have enough sects to guarantee that any dogmatic assertion is heretical to someone). But it sets the tone for how we keep each other in line. When we have real transgressions (that threaten the civility of the forum), then we've already set the right tone. We're used to taking lighthearted threats from each other when we violate our mock forum conventions, so we've been responding well to lighthearted (but serious) suggestions to stay away from actual mockery or flame wars.
One of the most insightful things I've read on the OTT (as opposed to some of the inciteful ones...)
Rule110 wrote:
mscha wrote:I h
Spoiler:
ate to have to a
sk
Spoiler:
(again), but can y'all please consid
er c
Spoiler:
utting down or spoi
l
Spoiler:
ering part of the quote, if you r
epl
Spoiler:
y with a single line to a long post
?

I do agree with mscha that it's good to spoiler long quotes, but this cracked me up. And I can't spoiler it, since we can't nest spoilers.
I just want to say, hi, macraw! Always nice to hear from you!
Re: buffygirl and baobabs:
Spoiler:
buffygirl wrote:AND - I assert my assertion on NP 688 regarding whether or not they are baobab trees is worth noting! (feeling a little overlooked).

Since you've mentioned it, others have probably commented on it. I've been sure all along they were baobabs, and didn't really think it was controversial. But I do think you have found the Tree of Inspiration, or the One True Tree, whatever you want to call it, that was the model for GLR. Where was that tree from, anyway? (If this has already been answered, never mind, I'll find it eventually.) But nice work!

*sound of pounding on the door* Eek, better hurry up...
mscha wrote:
Spoiler:
lmjb1964 wrote:I thought this quote from that article was interesting: "The use of baobab trunks to support arcane inscriptions is common throughout Senegambia. Such trees are known generically in Wolof as guy mbind (baobab of writing)..." I think that quote, and the relevance to XonqNopp's username, are excellent evidence for Senegal.

Except that they're the wrong kind of Baobab tree. The OTC ones are definitely Grandidier's, which are only native to Madagascar.
The African Baobab looks very different.

Hmmm, suppose you're right. Sorry, XonqNopp! And of course, mscha, I think your Madagascar image is all the proof we need, I think, that Cuegan are in Madagascar.

I knew about the Bacon number, but not the Erdős number. I published a scientific paper, but I'm pretty sure none of my co-authors had an Erdős number. I wonder if I have a Bacon Number. I was in a local zombie movie, and my sister was an extra in one of the Batman movies. I'll have to check it out. OK, turns out that two of the peopl in that movie had a Bacon score of 3, so I guess I'm a 4!

Kieryn wrote:
Spoiler:

Okay and by popular demand here it is: The BlitzGirl number: http://xkcd-time.kieryn.com/Default/Credits

The credits table is also now sortable (thanks mscha!. Also you and newpixbot would now be in first place together.)
Quick note on the BG number: If you are never quoted by BG either directly or in a chain, you simply do not have a BG number. If you are directly quoted, your BG is 1. A high BG number means you get quoted down a long chain, which ultimately gets quoted by BG. A high BG number is therefore the rarer case and could be thought of as more prestigious. (Edit: Well done lmjb1964!)]

Yay!! I win!! Do I get cake? Also, I see that we've heard from BlitzGirl. Whew! I was getting worried...

ergman wrote:Alright. I did a Sestina. It wasn't easy, but damn if if was fun. I went for the 11 syllables per line rule as well, though apparently that isn't mandatory. Suffice to say I did a lot of counting on my fingers:
Spoiler:
In Time we heed certain creeds: the sea is big
Revealed by our prophets: the river is small
Cuegan's brief rare dialogues: the tree is neat
Recorded, hid in footnotes: the fire is old
Mystic exposition: empty, beautiful
And of course lord Randall's own words: wait for it

When I first stumbled all alone into It
A panel as per thrice a week, nothing big
Two folk on a beach, so zen and beautiful
Left it alone thinking it something small
Returned later and saw not panel of old
An oh so slow changing image, I thought 'Neat'

Curious about the rules of all things neat
I wiki'd and found a religion 'bout it
In needle pulled form, 400 pages old
I feared to blitz, for time was scarce, pages big
I joined in, threw in my voice, though it is small
I could not bypass something so beautiful

I Learned the terms, the mad tongue so beautiful
I met the folk so kind, funny and neat
Hunted for the molpy, secretive and small
The varied creation pile, I fed some to it
Speculated heresy, theories big
For food I gave sorbet to replace the old

If time ended I could not go back to the old
I can't undrink from the salty sea so big
I forever shall regard the trees as neat
There's double meaning when I say wait for it
The man I was pre-OTT was someone small

Outside now throws my way many matters small
Narnia style, will I one day grow too old?
Ok, that worry's senseless, do it ignore it
Have faith that OTC's forever beautiful
Believe in GLR, science-god so neat
He knows what he's doing like the trees so big

~It needs small words , sestina the beautiful
I'm a whole six stanzas old, and its still neat
Though I'm tired of it's 39 lines; so big~

Well, there you have it. Very melodramatic, as many poems are. Coma time for me now. Have fun

Oh. My. God. That was absolutely beautiful. I got a little choked up.

Eternal Density wrote:Hmm, lmjb1964 is an interesting outlier on the data page. Or is that an error?

Probably not the first time I've been called an interesting outlier.

Valarya, that spinning chocolate joy video was cool! I want one.

And kenmelken, molpies should definitely be in the Wiki. Someone should definitely do that. *looks around for volunteers* Well, maybe by the time I reach the future, someone will have stepped up.

*sound of door starting to split open* Ok, don't have long now...

Vytron nicely summed up some of my thoughts about the OTT:
Spoiler:
Vytron wrote:The reason is the thread goes something like this:

Something great is posted.

It's overlooked.

Not mentioned still.

Oh, there it is, appreciation by a blitzer (coma-blitzer, treker or ketchuper)!

It seems people of the present are more interested about what is going on now, and there's some kind of rush feeling to read up to the last page of the thread, while True Pilgrims of Time don't, and they have all the time in the world to read every post carefully and appreciate it (so, after I catch up to the 45 pages that I skipped, I'll read again the pages from 670 onwards again, from the blitzer perspective - I'm sure I missed something I read because of the rush! :mrgreen: - read but not appreciated by me, the "regurgitation" helps with that).)
higgs-boson came up with the most amazing footnotes I've ever seen. And it made me finally look up "interrobang."
Spoiler:
higgs-boson wrote:"Hey, let us play FootNoteMemory!"
"Wow, I like that!?"H2SO4
"You certainly would! The rules are very easy to understand!"C55H70O6N4Mg
"He, sweeeeeet!C6H12O6 ... ehr, what Do you mean, very easy?"
"First of all you create a lot of foot notes. Then you mix them. ..."C6760H10447N1743O2010S32
"... and the reader forgets the foot note number before he had scrolled down!
"Eeeeexactly!"
"Hey, I already did that. It's called 'Ph.D Thesis'."
"d'oh.C16H13ClN2OSo raise the difficulty and rephrase!"
"Did I mention that there's indeed a kind of 'memory' game based on associations?"
"No. And now shut up."H2O

sulphuric acidIf I only had an interrobang at hand...
beautiful woman, dead if overdosedBonus question - where did that quote come from?
beautiful woman of the 21st century, dead if overdosedMeaning that the foot notes aren't sorted.
chlorophyll fNothing is ever easy.C17H23NO3
GlucoseThis is a self-referenced footnote.
aqua dest.Please.
sleepy thingieComa time!
[/quote]
*crash as door is broken upon and furniture knocked over* Aagghhh, time's up. Hope to see you all again soon...
Edited to fix misattributed quote.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Tue May 28, 2013 11:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”