Page 769 of 2681

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 pm UTC
by ZoomanSP
Did anyone post a reminder of the new OtherComic yet?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:04 pm UTC
by TheMinim
ZoomanSP wrote:Did anyone post a reminder of the new OtherComic yet?


I don't think so. Thanks! :D

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:10 pm UTC
by mscha
BEARDTONGUES...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:12 pm UTC
by pixeldigger
BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:La Petite More:
<snip>
*filked korn* *chills*

Awesomeful! :D

I wonder, will Cuegan ever see any wildlife bigger than themselves? Like a molpydeer or a grizzlymolp. Or a raptorraptor.

I'd like to see a prONGhorn MolpyDeer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:13 pm UTC
by Flotter
dreiarmumig wrote:[...]
Flotter wrote:WollONGONG

SimpsonsI did it!

dreiarmumig on NP 540 wrote:Wollongong
Spoiler:
Image
Edit: After posting I searched for Wollongong to see whether it had been used before and found this, haha
Angelastic wrote:<snip>
The only thing I don't like about the bot is that it doesn't give other people the chance to show their creativity in 'ONG' words. Maybe somebody here has been thinking 'Oooh, I can't wait till I get to be the one to post an ONG! WOLLONGONG is going to kill!' and is now put out by the robot overlong.
<snip>


ETA: Oooh, my first ever papacy, yay!

It's hard to remember which ONGs have already been used and which haven't. At least I added some value by providing a map where to find WollONGONG.

And congratulations on becoming Pope this Newpage.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:15 pm UTC
by FullOfIt
I don't mind a little rust, so on to the bandwagon for me too:
SnakeP.png
SnakeP.png (11.11 KiB) Viewed 14578 times

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:18 pm UTC
by thirds
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Image

Is that a tree stump on the right or a molpy hivemound? seems to have something growing on it, so probably a tree stump, meaning "others" could be near?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:19 pm UTC
by nerdsniped
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image
-- posted by newpixbot

Ew.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm UTC
by Vytron
Yippey! I received a Future Present, buffygirl hatted me, and not only that, now I'm buffygirl the Next, Mad Hatter Extraordinaire! Or something...

Thank you very much buffygirl!!

Ask for a hat, and as see your post I'll make you one!

This is an honor0!

PS
Spoiler:
Did you think I was a girl? The hat looks kind of... feminine. At least, it's a hat I wouldn't let other people seeing me with IRL in public :mrgreen:


Now, I'm going to spend the next few hours trying to ketchup with the present, the next Vytrongularity should be either today or tomorrow!

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm UTC
by edfel
thirds wrote:
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image


Is that a tree stump on the right or a molpy hivemound? seems to have something growing on it, so probably a tree stump, meaning "others" could be near?

Not only are they quite near, but they also have chainsaws.....

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:34 pm UTC
by Angelastic
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...

The wise, the patient, the unshaven, all gather to decipher the sacred tongues of beards: the soul-bearers, the gatekeepers (for the party in your mouth) and the secret carryalls of the male Marge Simpsons. For many millennia they attempt to understand, but it is only with the coming of the Rosetta Chin that they are finally able to comprehend the beards' message in its full profundity:

Spoiler:
OUCH! Stop shaving me!


Edit: The molpymound is either the last buffyhat, or a snake which has eaten the last buffyhat.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm UTC
by Earthling on Mars
Vytron wrote:Yippey! I received a Future Present, buffygirl hatted me, and not only that, now I'm buffygirl the Next, Mad Hatter Extraordinaire! Or something...

Thank you very much buffygirl!!

Ask for a hat, and as see your post I'll make you one!

This is an honor0!

PS
Spoiler:
Did you think I was a girl? The hat looks kind of... feminine. At least, it's a hat I wouldn't let other people seeing me with IRL in public :mrgreen:


Now, I'm going to spend the next few hours trying to ketchup with the present, the next Vytrongularity should be either today or tomorrow!


So, you're both BlitzGirl the Next and buffygirl the Next, and yet you're male. Pretty good accomplishment!

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:47 pm UTC
by Valarya
nerdsniped wrote:
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image
-- posted by newpixbot

Ew.


I think newpixbot needs to tell us something.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:59 pm UTC
by mscha
thirds wrote:
newpixbot wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image


Is that a tree stump on the right or a molpy hivemound? seems to have something growing on it, so probably a tree stump, meaning "others" could be near?

It's a Beardtongue, according to newpixbot, and I'm beginning to think it's smarter than us...

nerdsniped wrote:Ew.

Have you got something against all flowering plants, or just Pestemon, nerdsniped?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:00 pm UTC
by XonqNopp
El BlablONG!
Image

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:02 pm UTC
by TheMinim
Oh noes! My beard had a tongue!

Corinne: Stop overreacting, you don't have a beard. You like stroking your chin sometimes, but that's the closest you'll ever get.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:03 pm UTC
by FullOfIt
nerdsniped wrote:
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image
-- posted by newpixbot

Ew.


It didn't quite come out like I had hoped, but slightly "ew" anyway:
einsteinbeard.png

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm UTC
by Vytron
- Blindpost -

Sciscitor wrote:As it became my custom with such images, there is a huge version of them as well.Image


Oh, that's very cool Sciscitor! Another landmark on the thread! And I now know from where Rule110's avatar came from! :)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:04 pm UTC
by mscha
Vytron wrote:Did you think I was a girl? The hat looks kind of... feminine. At least, it's a hat I wouldn't let other people seeing me with IRL in public :mrgreen:

I think that might be the case for many of us. Do you think I'd wear that one ==>
in public? Image

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:11 pm UTC
by jjjdavidson
Vytron wrote:Did you think I was a girl? The hat looks kind of... feminine. At least, it's a hat I wouldn't let other people seeing me with IRL in public :mrgreen:

I for one was pretty sure you were a guy, but the kitten in your avatar looks like a girl to me. (Even before the hat.)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:11 pm UTC
by mscha
Whatever that mound thingie on the right is, it doesn't molpa.

a: molp (verb): to cause slight pixel changes between frames.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:11 pm UTC
by SBN
TheMinim wrote:Oh noes! My beard had a tongue!

Corinne: Stop overreacting, you don't have a beard. You like stroking your chin sometimes, but that's the closest you'll ever get.

Dare we ask how Corinne could stroke her chin?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 pm UTC
by Sheldon
mscha wrote:I think that might be the case for many of us. Do you think I'd wear that one ==>
in public?

Ah, so you'd wear it but not in public? :wink:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:12 pm UTC
by mscha
Sheldon wrote:
mscha wrote:I think that might be the case for many of us. Do you think I'd wear that one ==>
in public?

Ah, so you'd wear it but not in public? :wink:

I deny everything! Image

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm UTC
by HAL9000
Valarya wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:There's a picture I've seen of a spider wearing quite a beautiful hat. Unfortunately I couldn't find the original, just this doctored one, but the picture is the same (WARNING: the following URL leads to a close-up of a spider!) http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/my-hat-is-a-rain-drop/


I loooove lil jumping spiders with drops of dew on their heads! I think I just exploded from cuteoverload. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I saw the teeniest jumping spider on my porch today and I actually got down on my hands and knees and followed it around for 10 [heresy] minutes. [/heresy] I think I have a problem.

Spoiler:
Image

Personally, I don't know what I'm going to do with all the cute pictures of spiders I have saved on my computer. Maybe they'll be worth something eventually.
I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:51 pm UTC
by BlueCrab
Quick note before getting on with my day: Last night I wrote:
Ooh, a hill, and a new Act!

Just to clarify (ooh, ghee! Anybody got any naan?) that is how I react every time I see one of the continuing stories: Ooh! Do I have time to enjoy this right now? Or shall I save it for later?! The reaction to one-offs is a little different: Ooh, a poem/song/written creation! (enthusiastic consumption) What? Sorry, sorry, no I'm fine, didn't mean to laugh so loudly/Wow so loudly/walk over you while absorbed in this piece. (I love devices I can carry with me, but they do have their hazards :oops:)
I'm impressed, amazed, astounded at the marvelous pieces you have all produced here, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this :D Next time someone asks you what on earth people did before electronica took over our lives? This. This is what people used to do, and the OTC/OTT has allowed us to do it in our new, “depersonalized” society.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:53 pm UTC
by SBN
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:54 pm UTC
by k.bookbinder
mscha wrote:
Vytron wrote:Did you think I was a girl? The hat looks kind of... feminine. At least, it's a hat I wouldn't let other people seeing me with IRL in public :mrgreen:

I think that might be the case for many of us. Do you think I'd wear that one ==>
in public? Image


I have worn books on my head in public before. :| *shrugs, walks back into cave*

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:57 pm UTC
by Valarya
HAL9000 wrote:
Spoiler:
Valarya wrote:
BlueCrab wrote:There's a picture I've seen of a spider wearing quite a beautiful hat. Unfortunately I couldn't find the original, just this doctored one, but the picture is the same (WARNING: the following URL leads to a close-up of a spider!) http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/my-hat-is-a-rain-drop/


I loooove lil jumping spiders with drops of dew on their heads! I think I just exploded from cuteoverload. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I saw the teeniest jumping spider on my porch today and I actually got down on my hands and knees and followed it around for 10 [heresy] minutes. [/heresy] I think I have a problem.

Personally, I don't know what I'm going to do with all the cute pictures of spiders I have saved on my computer. Maybe they'll be worth something eventually.
I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night.
<snip>
I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

D'awww. How incredibly thoughtful of you. For your efforts, here's another piece of stock for your future fortune.

Spoiler:
Except this is me, and I don't know who'd want a picture of me holding a tarantula. :P
Image

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:03 pm UTC
by ucim
BlueCrab wrote:Quick note before getting on with my day: Last night I wrote:
Ooh, a hill, and a new Act!

Just to clarify (ooh, ghee! Anybody got any naan?) that is how I react every time I see one of the continuing stories: Ooh! Do I have time to enjoy this right now? Or shall I save it for later?! The reaction to one-offs is a little different: Ooh, a poem/song/written creation! (enthusiastic consumption) What? Sorry, sorry, no I'm fine, didn't mean to laugh so loudly/Wow so loudly/walk over you while absorbed in this piece. (I love devices I can carry with me, but they do have their hazards :oops:)
I'm impressed, amazed, astounded at the marvelous pieces you have all produced here, thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this
:D Next time someone asks you what on earth people did before electronica took over our lives? This. This is what people used to do, and the OTC/OTT has allowed us to do it in our new, “depersonalized” society.

Yes. I think you've hit on fundamentally why the thing that draws me here draws me here.

Jose

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:07 pm UTC
by Montov
FullOfIt wrote:I don't mind a little rust, so on to the bandwagon for me too:
SnakeP.png


Welcome aboard. Much appreciated, and when this forum is studied by archaeologists, this will be another fine exhibit in the collection.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:08 pm UTC
by kenmelken
HAL9000 wrote:Personally, I don't know what I'm going to do with all the cute pictures of spiders I have saved on my computer. Maybe they'll be worth something eventually.
I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.


I remember that aspect of Wisconsin (I used to live in Rhinelander). Not many big spiders, but we did have a scourge of tent-caterpillars that completely covered everything in town while I lived there, followed by a similar lady-bug plague. Other places I've lived have had different spider-coverage (Utah & Colorado: lots of black widows, brown recluses, and wolf spiders; Florida: great big banana spiders; Belize: foot-long jungle tarantulas).

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:10 pm UTC
by mscha
RONG...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:15 pm UTC
by charlie_grumbles
SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.


Bit of a warning here to tribe members. There are spiders and SPIDERS. Here is one to be avoided

This is why: Loxoscelism
The first picture there is actually Jeffrey Rowland of overcompensating.com

Dunno why my url links ain't a workin'. Sorry. All fixed. Good to go.

And, while I'm editing, what sort of a place is Jupiter, WI? Or is it Wisconsin, JU?

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:23 pm UTC
by kenmelken
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.


Bit of a warning here to tribe members. There are spiders and SPIDERS. Here is one to be avoided

This is why: Loxoscelism
The first picture there is actually Jeffrey Rowland of overcompensating.com

Dunno why my url links ain't a workin'. Sorry. All fixed. Good to go.

And, while I'm editing, what sort of a place is Jupiter, WI? Or is it Wisconsin, JU?


As I was saying, we had lots of those ones in Utah. My neighbor got bit by one and was hospitalized for a month. Bad news! The only good thing is that, unlike the widows, they are not aggressive. They will bite if you provoke them, but a widow will bite you just because it can.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:30 pm UTC
by Valarya
kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.

Bit of a warning here to tribe members. There are spiders and SPIDERS. Here is one to be avoided

This is why: Loxoscelism
The first picture there is actually Jeffrey Rowland of overcompensating.com

Dunno why my url links ain't a workin'. Sorry. All fixed. Good to go.

And, while I'm editing, what sort of a place is Jupiter, WI? Or is it Wisconsin, JU?

As I was saying, we had lots of those ones in Utah. My neighbor got bit by one and was hospitalized for a month. Bad news! The only good thing is that, unlike the widows, they are not aggressive. They will bite if you provoke them, but a widow will bite you just because it can.


You know, there's a statistic somewhere that 98% of brown recluse bites don't even require hospitals. They'll just act like a normal spider bite and go away in a few days. They're everywhere around where I live and I used to see several of them a day in my old apartment. I just got a cat so he could eat them all up!!

Now jungle tarantulas are where it's at. Especially the ornamentals from India. I used to have 5 different species of this genus.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:31 pm UTC
by TheMinim
SBN wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Oh noes! My beard had a tongue!

Corinne: Stop overreacting, you don't have a beard. You like stroking your chin sometimes, but that's the closest you'll ever get.

Dare we ask how Corinne could stroke her chin?


You can dare if you want to.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:42 pm UTC
by Valarya
TheMinim wrote:
SBN wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Oh noes! My beard had a tongue!

Corinne: Stop overreacting, you don't have a beard. You like stroking your chin sometimes, but that's the closest you'll ever get.

Dare we ask how Corinne could stroke her chin?


You can dare if you want to.


She'd get the squirpies to do it for her. ImageImageImage

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:44 pm UTC
by kenmelken
Valarya wrote:
kenmelken wrote:
Spoiler:
charlie_grumbles wrote:
SBN wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:I saw a larger-than-average (for Wisconsin, at least) house spider the other night. Legs included, it was somewhere between one-half and three-fourths of an inch long while it was walking, probably would have been about a full inch if the legs were fully outstretched (it was a cobweb spider, with the traditional near-spherical abdomen. Kind of a tannish beige in color). Quite the exception as far as size is concerned, as the average spider I see in my home is almost always under a centimeter in length, legs outstretched. I gave it its space, and it gave me mine, disappearing into a vent so I didn't need to keep watching where I stepped.

We get big ones here. During the late summer they build webs with guide lines (guide silks?) that run 10 feet or more. I try to avoid them, but if you break one, you can hear it snap.

Bit of a warning here to tribe members. There are spiders and SPIDERS. Here is one to be avoided

This is why: Loxoscelism
The first picture there is actually Jeffrey Rowland of overcompensating.com

Dunno why my url links ain't a workin'. Sorry. All fixed. Good to go.

And, while I'm editing, what sort of a place is Jupiter, WI? Or is it Wisconsin, JU?

As I was saying, we had lots of those ones in Utah. My neighbor got bit by one and was hospitalized for a month. Bad news! The only good thing is that, unlike the widows, they are not aggressive. They will bite if you provoke them, but a widow will bite you just because it can.


You know, there's a statistic somewhere that 98% of brown recluse bites don't even require hospitals. They'll just act like a normal spider bite and go away in a few days. They're everywhere around where I live and I used to see several of them a day in my old apartment. I just got a cat so he could eat them all up!!

Now jungle tarantulas are where it's at. Especially the ornamentals from India. I used to have 5 different species of this genus.


I love spiders. Used to have a Chilean Rose tarantula when I was young. Here's a 9-inch one I saw in a jungle in Belize (The pic makes it look smaller than it was):

IMG_2391.JPG

Re: 1190: "Time"

Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm UTC
by nerdsniped
mscha wrote:
thirds wrote:
newpixbot wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image


Is that a tree stump on the right or a molpy hivemound? seems to have something growing on it, so probably a tree stump, meaning "others" could be near?

It's a Beardtongue, according to newpixbot, and I'm beginning to think it's smarter than us...

nerdsniped wrote:Ew.

Have you got something against all flowering plants, or just Pestemon, nerdsniped?

So in actual point of fact I had not exerted myself to discover the actual meaning of the term (which I will not repeat because the word still looks icky). As you will understand, my mind immediately seized on an alternate interpretation, which I found... unpleasant. The unpleasantness may have taken on greater significance due to a certain lingering amplification of my mental imagery since the pre-coma molpy8 grapevine incident.

FullOfIt wrote:
nerdsniped wrote:
mscha wrote:BEARDTONGUES...
Spoiler:
Image
-- posted by newpixbot

Ew.


It didn't quite come out like I had hoped, but slightly "ew" anyway:
Spoiler:
Image

Nicely done, and... please don't do it any more?


8An exponent, not a footnote2.
2A footnote to a footnote, and thus both a footnote and an exponent.