1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1152

Postby azule » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm UTC

@ZoomanSP - neat ottification of a user's original work!
@higgs-boson - Neat SlightlyWorseOdetity!
@jovialbard::voice - Interesting collection of voices. It sorta distracted me from figuring out which one worked as Cueball, but cool nonetheless.

mikrit wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:I think, now, that it is all an elaborate What If scenario.

Yes, that's why they are now in Chateau de What If. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, that was wowterful.

BytEfLUSh spoiler:
Spoiler:
BytEfLUSh wrote:Prediction: I am so gonna think about why was I ever born, tomorrow. Oftopic, but I will get very sick, I think so. Cheers, and I hope I will catchup soon after all this! :D

That was a bit negative. I was enjoying your contributions up to this point. Please calm down and wait for it. Hope you are feeling better up there in the future.

JGeezer wrote:
Spoiler:
wizpretz wrote:[off-topic]
A question for the programmers among you: When/where/how did you get your start in programming? I am looking into learning programming and I'd like to hear your advice. I've read some of the thread on this topic here in the xkcd fora but I'm still not quite sure what to learn or how to learn it and I'd probably give more weight to what you guys say (even if I didn't mean to). You can point me to tutorials, other forums, or just give general advice if you'd like. Thanks in advance.
[/off-topic]

I was drafted in '65, was a junior electronics tech at IBM at the time, and was headed "over there" :shock: . Whenever they asked me if I knew how to do something (like program in Cobol, Autocoder, Fortran, and other languages you never heard of) I said "yes", and had to frantically learn it (overnight on my own). Program or die. Very motivational.
I love this story. Sounds like you have helluva skill. I wish my story was as interesting. I just like poking around in the backend and just haven't stopped. So I learned first HTML (and related languages) and server languages that feed it. Then everything I encounter I seek to learn rather than just copy.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

jazz14456 wrote:Why do you guys post the images with a redundant one?

:) We have a wiki article that explains it:
http://xkcd-time.wikia.com/wiki/Redundant_Spoilers
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:29 pm UTC

It's occurred to me this afternoon that Randall's Timing of The Event was fairly deliberate.
Think about it.
First the-frame-that-must-not-be-named wasn't some "geek" number (i.e. not computer related) and even the epilogue ended on a non-round number, so we couldn't predict the "when" of it from that.
Second, and to me possibly most important, He did on a Friday, at the end of the workday (His local time), when the greatest number of people could see it "live."
And, third, since it was on Friday, we would have the entire weekend to decompress about it. (Imagine if it would have, say Wednesday, how many of you would still have stayed up do be here.) It gave us all day Saturday and Sunday to wipe each others tears.
We might still be "not happy" come Monday morning, but His timing gave us Time to grieve. (I know that these times I've given are different for the Europeans and the Australians, but even then there was some time to start getting over the worst of it.)

-----

What do I want to share that no one here knows yet?

I like a wide variety of movies, Science Fiction is at the top of my list. But I like dramas more than I like Action Adventure shoot-em-ups. In other words I've seen and own movies like "The Way", "Widow's Peak", "Room With A View", "Rancho Deluxe", "Alice's Restaurant" and don't own any of the "fast/furious" type movies. I'm not into the stereotypical guy movies.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Flado
Location: Lost in Time on NP 1084/1947; Schizoblitzed NP1156-1170

Postby Flado » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:31 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
TheMinim wrote:Ab gval sbagf? Jung nobhg ebg13?

-. . . .-. --. .-. -- -....- .. -... .... ..-.!

That should have been also encoded in EBCDIC... I just can't decide when - before or after the rot13...
Patriarch of the Western Paradox Church (ret'd)
-
All the stars are dust on my screen -- Marsh'n
The best computer game is a compiler. -- Exodies
I thought I was wrong, but it turned out I was mistaken. -- ucim
You have to grow older. You need not grow up. -- bmonk

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

jazz14456 wrote:Has GLR ever posted anywhere on the forums here?

Yes. Rarely, but yes.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm UTC

nickjbor wrote:I've been following from day 1 BTW, I just have not had much to say until now.

{P1142}
You must be a follower of John Cage - "I have nothing to say and I am saying it". From one of his books, Silence, or A Year From Monday.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:36 pm UTC

Yikes... It was a pretty quiet Sunday on the OTT. I leave for a few newp hours, and now I need to Image again.

First: yes, Random is a new viewer feature, and yes, that it linked to the ‘random’ URL was a bug. Sorry... Fixed.

⁴ly ottifications from Dracomax and dawnfire. (And welcome to the OTT, dawnfire!)

Lots of ⁴someful colorizations! (A photomanip with the actual Château d'If, why didn't I think of that at the time?)
And neat profanity filtering mockup, Ximenez!
(Off-topic: I don't really get the American, and to a lesser degree British, habit of broadcasting “F<beep>k”. Either you're offended by the F-bomb or you're not, but does it make sense to know hear F<beep>K, know exactly what word was spoken, but not be offended, while you would be offended if it wasn't beeped away?)

elangeland wrote:How did other TimeWaiters come to realise that there was more to this comic than first met the eye?

It was Monday morning, probably some time around np10, and as usual I checked for the new xkcd. (Probably in Google Reader, actually; it still existed back then.)
The image didn't load, so I had to go and check out what was going on. I tried retrieving it from the command-line, didn't work either. (This was back when Randall or one of his minions was getting the infamous Javascript up&running.) Tried a few more things (I think), then went to check the forum to see what's up. So I learned that the images were changing even before having seen a single frame.
The OTC started working again soon after, but I kept reading the OTT-to-be, and after a few days I registered and jumped in.

jabelch wrote:Edit: Oooh, Pagepope! Share something about yourself that nobody here would know about you.

I'm 2.01m tall. (That's about 6'7", for y'all Americans.)
Last edited by mscha on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Fictioneer

Postby Fictioneer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:37 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Heh, yes, us Brits don't use "neat" much, it's quite an American thing. I personally never used it... But thanks to the OTC I've started using it scarily regularly :P

As for picking up lingo, I'm writing on my next novel todix (in between checking the OTT) and just used the phrase "mustard it up" in dialogue in a scene, because dammit, it fit so well. I'm leaving it, too, I think readers will get it in context. And so the culture continues to spread out like dandelion fluff...

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 pm UTC

nickjbor wrote:Awesome!

BTW I've wanted to ask for months. WTF is a molpy?

{P1142}
If you want to cuddle it, it's a molpy.

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:

{P1142}

I like that definition. Image
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

jeffallen55

Postby jeffallen55 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Jeffrey, if you are lurking here, you are missed.

This confused the ch*rp out of me.

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:

{P1142}

Now that's the best short description of molpy I've seen.

I don't know about an internet, but you at least win The Newpage.
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Exodies wrote:

{P1142}

Me too... and if it wants to eat the thing you want to cuddle, it's a raptor.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Exodies wrote:

{P1142}

What about raptormolpies, or molpysnakes?
actually, I kinda think snakes are cuddly anyways...

jeffallen55 wrote:
charlie_grumbles wrote:Jeffrey, if you are lurking here, you are missed.

This confused the ch*rp out of me.

The person who create(s/d) a webcomic (too lazy to check which one) that charlie doesn't want to see die, but the creator doesn't have much time for it.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

Zorin_75

Postby Zorin_75 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 pm UTC

jabelch wrote:Edit: Oooh, Pagepope! Share something about yourself that nobody here would know about you.

Well, I guess you don't know anything about me...
In short:
Engineer, have a thing for old cars, try to keep in shape on my (racing) bicycle, amateur photographer, spend way too much time on the internet.
Go Minim go!

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 pm UTC

Time for a rONG...

This was such a wonderful frame. They reached land, and are walking off-screen, so next newpix we'll see a new scene! And there's so much to find out! How much higher are they? (They can't really be 2 km higher than a day earlier.) Will the water start rising again? Where are they, and can they walk up from here or will they need to use the raft again? And so on, and so on.
And then the next newpix arrived...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
Exodies wrote:

{P1142}

Hmmm. Halle Berry is a molpy? Who would'a guessed?
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

Flado

Postby Flado » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:..--.. ..- .-. .-.. .----. ..- -... .--- -. --- -... .... --. --. ...- .- .-.. ..-. --. . .... .--. -..- --. ..- . -... .... - ..- --.. -. . --. ...- -. .- -..-. ..-. --. .-.. -.-- .-. --. .-. -.- --. ...- .- . -... --. .---- ...-- --.. -... . ..-. .-. .--. -... --.- .-.

Thanks for the sigcouragement, Earthling, but it sounds a bit hypocritical after this.
-

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

HAL9000 wrote:
jazz14456 wrote:Has GLR ever posted anywhere on the forums here?

Yes. Rarely, but yes.

Holy chirp!
xkcd wrote:Hat!

*pause*

Happy again!

Thank you!

Buffygirl is clearly a prophet, unless the temporal illuminate have been at it again
ETA I'm not entirely certain that sentence makes sense
Last edited by HES on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

smolloy

Postby smolloy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

Thanks for the welcomes!

My Big Dumb Idea is to read through this thread right from the start. Every ch*rpn post. I want to know when the first ONG was sounded (it certainly wasn't the done thing by newpage #50, so when did it start?). I want to see the arrival of BlitzGirl. I want to know when the word mustard/molpy/chirp were first used. I want to read the "live" reaction to the newpix when a massively zoomed in Megan holds up a micro-trebuchet! I want to experience this thread "live".

I hope no one thinks that's too crazy, and I hope none of you would mind too much if I started pseudo-blindposting after travelling back in Time?
16.288% blitzed (I can't believe it went backwards!): Wait for me!
At the moment I calculate my blitz-percentage based on the total number of newpages (which of course continues to rise). Perhaps I should base it on the number of the newpix we do not mention (1254) instead? Opinions?

mscha

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:56 pm UTC

smolloy wrote:Thanks for the welcomes!

My Big Dumb Idea is to read through this thread right from the start. Every ch*rpn post. I want to know when the first ONG was sounded (it certainly wasn't the done thing by newpage #50, so when did it start?). I want to see the arrival of BlitzGirl. I want to know when the word mustard/molpy/chirp were first used. I want to read the "live" reaction to the newpix when a massively zoomed in Megan holds up a micro-trebuchet! I want to experience this thread "live".

I hope no one thinks that's too crazy, and I hope none of you would mind too much if I started pseudo-blindposting after travelling back in Time?

Not at all! Blitz away!
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

mscha wrote:Time for a rONG...
Spoiler:

This was such a wonderful frame. They reached land, and are walking off-screen, so next newpix we'll see a new scene! And there's so much to find out! How much higher are they? (They can't really be 2 km higher than a day earlier.) Will the water start rising again? Where are they, and can they walk up from here or will they need to use the raft again? And so on, and so on.
And then the next newpix arrived...

I was doing my daily back from coma/work ketchup. Almost done. No need to get on the OTT just yet (sorry). Going to go out and spend some time with the cousins. Lokking forward to next part of the journey. WHAM! BAM! Free fall. Change of plans. I've spent most of the last 48 hours on the OTT.
Still haven't seen my cousin and let him know why I didn't make it back outside. Of course, he'll probably want to tell me what he did during that time.....

"This is what the next part of the Journey looks like."

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

smolloy wrote:I want to read the "live" reaction to the newpix when a massively zoomed in Megan holds up a micro-trebuchet!

Ah, good times :)
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

smolloy wrote:I hope no one thinks that's too crazy, and I hope none of you would mind too much if I started pseudo-blindposting after travelling back in Time?

I say go for it! Sounds like you want the full blitzer experience. :D I definitely enjoyed doing it, back when the thread was a riverish river compared to what it is now. I also like seeing signposts/blindposts from blitzers with your impressions of the OTT at the Time when you are. Make sure to label them with your newpage location!
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 pm UTC

The Quest of the Blitzer is a noble path, and those who undertake it are greatly revered. Go forth on your journey, and Randall's blessings be upon you!

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:03 pm UTC

No, no one will mind. In fact it's considered a Holy and Righteous thing to do. Remember to post every so often with your reactions (and include a Page number, so your comments will have a context.)

Happy Blitzing smolloy.....

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

For anyone who's wondering (is anyone?), WNIV will be down for a while whilst I transfer my website to a new host. It'll be back up soon, probably less than a day, under a new domain.

As for things you may not know about me, I...well...I guess I've already shared most of my interests on this forum :D Programming's a hobby I want to make into a career, and dragons are, of course, a fascination of mine. I guess I'll also say I like reading (but increasingly have been interneting instead) and video games.

But enough about me, here's a rONG:

kepstin

Postby kepstin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

I think there's a few other folks who are doing the same thing (including possibly me); it seems like a good way to keep the thread going and OT :)

I'm up to newpage 138, and there has been some mention of the DONG from the timer, but nobody has posted a proper ONG yet. I'm deep into the MADNESS now, though; and unfortunately some of it has been lost to Time. I hope that if the OTT is every made into a book, the appropriate filters are re-applied :)
Current location: kepstin-α: newpage 1292, kepstin-β: newpage 170

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:05 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:I am confused. Why is everyone saying the D-Dactyls are gone from the wiki? They are right here. Or did someone manage to restore the page?

Hrm, several of us did indeed try searching and couldn't find it. Maybe your search-fu is just a higher level than ours? :P What's interesting is I was looking for my best DDactyl (it was a really long one) but when I went through the thread earlier I couldn't find it, nor is it on that wiki list. What the heck. :? Ah well. Thanks for the link, bookbinder.

Zorin_75 wrote:Couldn't find anything to restore, so I decided to set up a new one. I've included anything I could find that looked double-dactylish to me up to page 675, if there are more please feel free to add them...

Mystery solved. I'm guessing my dactyl is still hidden somewhere in this giant needle-pulled thingy. I'll find it someday. Thanks for setting this one up, Zorin! For you:
Spoiler:

pelrigg wrote:Let me add my thanks for the restore job, too, Zorin. Valarya will be so happy. She's been searching for it for a couple of dips now. I believe she in the past looking for all the double-d's right now.

Haha, I am indeed happy. It's one of my most memorable moments of the entire thread. Weird to think that BlitzGirl still wasn't in the present with us during the DD phase.. but no, I wasn't in the past looking all dip, just for a little bit. ;)

elangeland wrote:How did other TimeWaiters come to realise that there was more to this comic than first met the eye?

I always check xkcd on M-W-F first thing when I get to work. However sometimes, when it's past 11p or midnight and I'm still up... I'll check it. TIME was one of those days. It was late at night and I decided to check and was there for the first frame. I saw the title text saying to 'wait for it' - so I checked it again in the morning and came immediately to this thread. I delurked on NP93 when we were on dip4 of the comic and a 'newpic' still referred to a 30-minute timeframe.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Flado

Postby Flado » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Alright, sorry. I should think more often before posting.

Thank you.
-

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

Exodies wrote:

{P1142}

When I saw smolloy's username I read it as smolpy. snake-molpy? small-molpy? south-molpy? I puzzled over it for awhile before I realized I was just reading it completely wrong.

I guess I've missed the page, but something you don't know about me is that I can be seen here. None of you will pick me out. (So far I'm the only one who has, and I was there that day.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

schwartzbewithyou

Postby schwartzbewithyou » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
k.bookbinder wrote:By the way, what are the chances that anyone has access to a 3D printer?

Don't know if anyone's already answered this, but there's an organization in town that does this, or helps people do 3D printing, or something. If you need that, I can find out more about how it works.

Ooh. I wonder what it would take to get our Monomolpy pieces 3D printed. Vvn gave me that idea.

(Blindposting from only a few NP back)
I recently read This 3D printing article and about halfway down it lists in a grey box some of the main players in 3D printing, what open source codes are out there, and a couple sites that host already created 3D objects that you can use. I may not have strong photoshop skills... but creating 3D models is a place I can contribute :)
Dracomax wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right/I hope you had the time of your life.

smolloy

Postby smolloy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

Neat! OK, here we go! Back in Time......
16.288% blitzed (I can't believe it went backwards!): Wait for me!
At the moment I calculate my blitz-percentage based on the total number of newpages (which of course continues to rise). Perhaps I should base it on the number of the newpix we do not mention (1254) instead? Opinions?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:11 pm UTC

Farewell, brave blitzer! :)

mscha wrote:First: yes, Random is a new viewer feature, and yes, that it linked to the ‘random’ URL was a bug. Sorry... Fixed.

Thanks, Image!
Nothing to be sorry for; it's a neat feature!

yappobiscuits wrote:
mscha wrote:
Exodies wrote:If you want to cuddle it, it's a molpy.

Me too... and if it wants to eat the thing you want to cuddle, it's a raptor.

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:21 pm UTC

*waves* at all the delurkers! I'm so glad you feel it's still meaningful to register now that the OTC has ended. I'm sure it gives more than just me hope that the OTT will never die. <3 Welcome, welcome.. sit down and have a treat. We have molpycakes (not made out of real molpies), cupcakes, pizzas, M&Ms... the list goes on. *hugs*

jabelch wrote:Share something about yourself that nobody here would know about you.

Decree I missed. In addition to a great love for baking (which I believe everyone here knows by now :oops: ), I have a very large collection of Tarantulamolpies and talk to them in baby talk like you would a kitten. I wish I could pick some of them up and squeeze, hug and kiss them. But I'm not that stupid. ;)

yappobiscuits wrote: us Brits don't use "neat" much, it's quite an American thing.

:shock: It is?! :oops:

azule wrote:Please calm down and wait for it. Hope you are feeling better up there in the future.

Oh, Randall... azule doesn't know, does he? :|
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:If they are in France, what does that imply for our astronomical predictions? If we have a longitude, can we work out an exact date and time?

(And then train our descendants to pass on the message so there is a meetup there 11,000 years in the future?)

{P1143}
This meet up is probably what caused the land to deform so that the one sea overflowed into the other sea. After 11000 years our descendants will number about one hundred quadrillion. If they all gather in one spot with their molpies, violins, grand pianos, tons of brass, woodwinds, cellos, (and what was that one that was only badly played? A pointy stick?), computers, leopards, leathertex bound copies of Time in 140 volumes, the earth's crust is going to get pretty deformed. Only a What If can tell us the true outcome of course, but the flood is definitely going to be one item. But we can't warn them because then it won't happen and the OTC can't have existed and we will have to carry on doing what ever it was we used to do before the Kvetchup. What was that; anyone remember?

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 pm UTC

Moose Anus wrote:I've colorized the cancerbaby castle by the semen sea.

Beautiful. Added to the OTColored page. The frame size is a bit too small, so if you have an original sized version, please place it in the wiki.

Ximenez wrote:This way

I loved the idea and the (lack of?) atmosphere. Added to the wiki.

adnapemit wrote:I am Inspired by so many talented people whose representations of Time(visual and written) are just so.... admirable, amazing, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, awesome, brilliant, cool, divine, dynamite, enjoyable, excellent, fabulous, fantastic, fine, groovy, incredible, magnificent, marvelous, miraculous, outstanding, phenomenal, pleasant, pleasing, prime, remarkable, sensational,staggering, startling, strange, stupendous, super, superb, surprising, swell, terrific, tremendous, unheard-of, wondrous, wonderful and neat*a **b.
I felt like making my favourite frame colourful and this is what I created...

*a Thesaurus is a useful dinosaur
**b Was outraged "neat" was not listed as a synonym for wonderfull

I saw that you called dibs on this frame, and the outcome makes me want to go there. FTFY.

I loved the other additions too by @zorin_75, @Hillperson, @dawnfire etc. you people are simply amazing and it's so much fun watching this snowball rolling.

Saw one of the first frames and looked at it for a few minutes, waiting for something to happen. I knew it should be something clever after drag'n'drop and after the growing dog, so I came back later to see Cueball dipping his foot in the water. At that point I already was making a (false) prediction in the OTT that this may be a scene from a movie. Come to think of it, it might prove to be true one day.

Papal Decree: Something you don't know about me. I'm a developer and right now I'm dedicating all my (other) time to a project that may make the world a little better. I think it works with the spirit of the OTT, so I'm considering my time here as work-related too.
It's about time.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
azule wrote:Please calm down and wait for it. Hope you are feeling better up there in the future.

Oh, Randall... azule doesn't know, does he? :|

:( I guess not - he hasn't blindposted about it yet, or about being spoilered by sigs or anything like that.

I'm blitzing GLR's pastposts right now, and just encountered this:

Scott wrote:the webcomic (a double dactyl)

I'm telling all my friends
"Randy's webcomicry:
mimic and mockery -
Internet art!"

Life imitations and
math calculations that
XKCDoically
set him apart!

IT'S ALL RELATED. The GLR-post I was looking for was actually a reply to this double-dactyl attempt - there are a few other poetic posts in that very, very riverish Otherthread.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

a_s_h_e_n wrote:
Spoiler:
Gedeon wrote:
a_s_h_e_n wrote:So what caused the Mediterranean to dry up like this?

Ice age? We don't really know yet, but it has happened in the past.

To think of our pretty adriatic coastline gone... :cry:

Next question: what do we have left to know?i
    Spoiler:
    the cause of it drying up
    the time period (though I'm really leaning towards the AD 13,000 theory, I'd like confirmation)
    the fate of Cuegan's tribe

the point of the OTC

What am I missing?

{P1143}
Faith.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

Randallspeed and good luck, smolloy!

Oh, poor azule... Prepare the big tub of ice cream for when he reaches THAT point!

Anyway, adding my "things you may not know about me" ...hmm, like ChronosDragon, I'm pretty sure I've shared most of my interests at some point in the thread... I compose music of various sorts and am trying to make it into a career, by both being commissioned to write music for things and also by producing and selling my own music. I'm a huge metalhead and my favourite sort of thing is European-style melodic metal, especially symphonic metal and folk metal. But aside from metal I also really like folk music, film soundtracks, classical music and prog rock. Aside from my own composing work and personal projects I also play in two folk metal bands, and play accordion for a local morris dancing team. Non-musical things I like: Hiking (mainly in the Lake District because I live there), sci-fi and fantasy (mainly fantasy), British comedy, Celts, Vikings, and Pirates (One of the folk metal bands I play in is entirely pirate (or at least nautical) themed. We're like metal meets sea shanties meets English and Irish folk music with some epic orchestrations thrown in.) I also have a guineamolpy called Ginny.

There, pick whichever one of those you didn't already know about me :P

Valarya wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote: us Brits don't use "neat" much, it's quite an American thing.

:shock: It is?! :oops:

Heh, I was surprised when I found out "brilliant" is mainly a British thing!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”