1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Valarya

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

Haha, poor lmjb. My close-tags messed up your post again. Im truly sorryful.

lmjb1964 wrote:Me too! That's why I was so happy that...whoever it was came up with that neat script to keep the avatar on the screen the whole time.

Wait, what?! I missed this script!
Last edited by Valarya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:28 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

OTT Smiley Repository

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

OTT Newpage 1300 Smiley Repository

(An extensive general smiley repository can be found on Newpage 1800.)

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image ImageImage

Image - Image - Image -Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image- Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image- Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image Image Image - Image Image Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image ImageImage Image - Image - Image - Image
Image- Image - Image Image Image - Image - Image - Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image- Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image- Image -Image Image- Image- Image - Image -Image

Image - Image -Image - ImageImageImageImage Image Image- Image Image - Image

Image - Image - Image Image - ImageImageImage

Image Image Image Image Image- Image Image Image- Image Image Image Image Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - ImageImage Image Image Image - Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image -Image Image Image - Image - Image Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image Image Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image Image Image Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

(If you'd like to know which artist made which smiley, visit the OTW Smiley Repository.)
This is a collection of all OTC and OTT smileys I could find, and a few RELATED ones from Outside sources.
Whenever I want to use one in the future I can now hop to newpage 1300 and copy the url!
Let me know if you think of any that I forgot to include...
EDITS
Spoiler:
Edit 1: Added transparent-bg ketchup smiley (yappo edition), off-to-coma and hatted-cupcake smilies.
Edit 2: Added the River smiley (in honor of Eternal Density).
Edit 3: Added taco party (for MajorDouble7), sad-pope-Michael, badgermolpy, badgermolpy-pope, ketchup bottle, snake, and ONG.
Edit 4: Added the yappo music smiley, drunken ketchup, otter pirate, and RUN.
Edit 5: Added hat, treeish smiley, running raptorcat, drinking semencoffeecancer, Littlest Bangs, bouncing otter, and VITSSÅGEN, JA!
Edit 6: Added round 2 of yappo's OTTersmileys.
Edit 7: Added molpy down, higgs-boson, and Neil smileys.
Edit 8: Added hatted Kieryn smiley.
Edit 9: Added link to wiki repository and redundakitty face.
Edit 10: Added pope-azule foxmolpy smiley.
Edit 11: Added Beanette and Beanie love smileys.
Edit 12: Added bouncing Cueball, HES with chainsaw, larger Lucky, and comfy chair.
Edit 13: Added time-warp punsaw and welcome forward smileys.
Edit 14: Added Flado, pelrigg, reversed molpy and leader smileys.
Edit 15: Added yappo's metal molpy.
Edit 16: Added Sandcastle Builder icon-smileys.
Edit 17: Added more SB icon-smileys and several mrob-made smileys.
Edit 18: Added more raptorish raptorcat, looping mrob, and bangssaw.
Edit 19: Added mrob's Knight Temporal.
Edit 20: Added Tip-o-the-redhat.
Edit 21: Added alien brain slug cool green hat.
Edit 22: Added the Halloween Pumpkin Counter-Offensive for green hats.
Edit 23: Added new and improved Pumpkin Counter-Offensive.
Edit 24: Added neverending punsaw, lmjb punsaw, balthabike, sonicspin, hamply pope, mustard, riverish mustard, frozen brainslug, Cuegan RUNNING, clock-watcher, castle, dancing figure, and redundant gif.
Edit 25: Added link to 1800, bouncy Megan, botpope, blitzgirlbot, sandcastle, static mrob, punsaw molpy, beanish ketchup, ketchup icon, and ketchup dance.
Edit 26: Added Ms. Frizzle, hatted LBB, LBB punsaw, Storm, running BlitzGirl, two squirpys, frozen molpy, mustard topic, recursion icon, taixzo pope, mrob pope, ChronosDragon pope, and SilentPope.
Edit 27: Added yappope, tilted mrob pope, ketchup/mustard pair, and minionslug; moved a few to the 1800 repository; all smileys here are now forum-uploaded.
Edit 28: Added ninja HES, jimbobmacdoodle (and pope), flutterbeewingghish, riverish SilentTimer, SilentBot, goat, static TARDIS, mustardis, reverse mrob, colored newpixbot, Doctorow, riverish recursion, blue mustard, and post page.
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:47 am UTC, edited 28 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 pm UTC

Hahah, you were just waiting for it. I actually thought I'd have the 1300 Centapope with my last post, but I ended up goating the page for you. That's OK.. I like it when you're mome better.

Thanks for giving me an easy place to find more smileys, though I actually have an entire folder of OTT-related smiley bookmarks including this one you did back on NP610! Does that make this page meta, or what?

Can't wait until Image makes the new round of user-emoticons. ><

And since this is a page of smileys.. here are my favorites:
Image Image Image
Last edited by Valarya on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:36 pm UTC, edited 4 times in total.

smolloy

Postby smolloy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:33 pm UTC

P30: We have a winner! Most accurate prediction of the OTT!
dalcde wrote:I've got a feeling that the last slide will be an obvious ending (like THE END). Just a thought.

At the moment, Megan has left the sandcastle scene for quite a while now, and we've just hit the point in Time when othercomic #1191 has been published. Which naturally means that Time is at an end. Right? Surely he wouldn't go on beyond this point? :)
16.288% blitzed (I can't believe it went backwards!): Wait for me!
At the moment I calculate my blitz-percentage based on the total number of newpages (which of course continues to rise). Perhaps I should base it on the number of the newpix we do not mention (1254) instead? Opinions?

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:Haha, poor lmjb. My close-tags messed up your post again. Im truly sorryful.

lmjb1964 wrote:Me too! That's why I was so happy that...whoever it was came up with that neat script to keep the avatar on the screen the whole time.

Wait, what?! I missed this script!

Yes, thanks a lot, Val! I can mess up my own posts, thank you very much. :D

I can't remember who posted that script, and I don't seem to have it loaded on this computer. Anyone else know which one I mean?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

wizpretz

Postby wizpretz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:36 pm UTC

This is my longest post-coma ketchup since The Event, which is great. Must have been the weekend, along with the excitement over the blag post. Good to see we haven't slowed down much :D . All I have to say is that I can't believe you actually put my MSPainting of Frame 1 on the OTColored page. Could someone please make a better one so the page doesn't start off so lame? I've gotten Paint.net which is much easier than GIMP and I may try to make a half-decent manip in the future.

HES

Re: OTT Smiley Repository

Postby HES » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Newpage 1300 Smiley Repository

Yay! I keep searching the thread for 'smiley' or 'smileys' and never find anything useful
Last edited by HES on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:43 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

I like your colored newpix, wizpretz! I think it's a fine way to start off the OTColored, and show that all types of coloring are accepted (after all, we have over 3000 frames to do)!
@ dalcde's prediction - Not quite accurate...that wasn't actually the last slide. Pretty good, though!

Valarya wrote:Hahah, you were just waiting for it. I actually thought I'd have the 1300 Centapope with my last post, but I ended up goating the page for you. That's OK.. I like it when you're mome better.

Thanks for giving me an easy place to find more smileys, though I actually have an entire folder of OTT-related smiley bookmarks including this one you did back on NP610! Does that make this page meta, or what?

Haha, I also have those bookmarked! I've been using Kieryn's smileys page for a long Time, but it's currently out of date and its parameters means it doesn't catch uploads directly into the forums. I thought about editing one of my earlier smiley posts, but I couldn't very well add the Rosetta and Beanie smileys because that would spoiler blitzers. Now that we're past the End of Time, though, that doesn't matter...so I can just use this pagemome-post as smiley-storage. Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Newpage 1300 Smiley Repository

Spoiler:
Image - Image - Image

Image - Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image
Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image - Image

ImageImageImageImageImage Image Image
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Image -- Image - Image - Image - Image

This is a collection of all OTC and OTT smileys I could find, and a few RELATED ones from Outside sources.
Whenever I want to use one in the future I can now hop to newpage 1300 and copy the url!
I'm sure I missed some, so let me know if you think of any that I forgot to include...

Yessss! An OTT Smiley Repository! That's awesomeful, BlitzGirl, thanks! (And thanks for the additions, Valrya!)

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

neopifex

Postby neopifex » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

FullOfIt wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Added a new OTColored frame, because I felt like doing some crazy coloring (just as therapeutic as when I was five years old...)

Spoiler:
Original (2235):

Colorbazooka (click for larger version):

Okay, wow... that's a... wow. Damn.

That reminds me:

Blitzgirl, would it be possible to get a higher-res copy of your colored version of this frame? I'd love to be able to use it as my wallpaper (1920px wide).
C'mon, let's see what's through here!

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:54 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:@ the awesomeful poetry people: I don't understand how your meter is EDCB AECD AEDC BAED CCDC BABA related, but I love it anyway!! And to mix it in with my favorite of all time Double Dactyls, Zooman! Neat. :mrgreen:

Thanks, Valarya! But I want to point out again that the original poem is by SPACKlick, and I just double-dactyled it. The rhyme pattern is EDCB AECD AEDC BAED CCDC BABA, which means that all "A" lines end on the same rhyme, all "B" lines on another, and so on. A limerick, for example, has the pattern AABBA, like this one:
Ebonite wrote:I was feeling a little perplexed
What to post instead of plain text?
I've done Double D
And a song parody
So a limerick seemed to be next!

Now that I re-read your post, I'm not sure if this is what you were asking about, but I'll post it anyway.

Otherriverish smiley collection, BlitzGirl! And thanks for adding the highly-OTT-related cupcake smiley, Valarya!
Last edited by ZoomanSP on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

smolloy

Postby smolloy » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm UTC

P32: The first early stirring of religion!

Faith in Randall!

Spoiler:
Darkfusion wrote:
squonk wrote:
edenist wrote:...just thought I would post a reply too...

Doing my little bit, and all that ;-)

Though who knows how far into the future this will be updating sporadically. We may have to write a script that constantly watches the hash of the image, then posts an alert when it changes :p [shouldn't be too hard now that I think about it...]

How can we assume that any comic will remain the same? How do we know that #247 has never been subtly changed over the years?

Faith in Randall.
16.288% blitzed (I can't believe it went backwards!): Wait for me!
At the moment I calculate my blitz-percentage based on the total number of newpages (which of course continues to rise). Perhaps I should base it on the number of the newpix we do not mention (1254) instead? Opinions?

Tatiana

Postby Tatiana » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:57 pm UTC

EraObserver wrote:
Facebook group? I can't find it by searching for it...

Probably already ninja'd on this, but here's the facebook group.
οττξЃs gotta OTT, so come to the facebook OTT group!

rvloon

Re: Mail to GLR

Postby rvloon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Do a bit of editing and send it to him anyway : ) Maybe he would do a Q&A still, or get a few other questions out of the way. But I think it is a good idea. : )

No, I did send it - and he replied to most of my questions in the Blag-post. However, I would like to see the other things (Q&A sessions, original, high-res artwork) answered as well. I wouldn't mind to contribute to creating merchandise that would benefit him financially, whether a (cross-over) book, e-book, original soundtrack, musical - and I think a number of others here feel the same way.

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:59 pm UTC

SPACKlick wrote:So before, when I posted the version of bohemian rhapsody, without the song in it. That was stupid.

Rhapsody for the OTC
Spoiler:
Is this the end Time?
Is this Cuegan’s Destiny?
Castles made landslides
visited by La Petite.
The river’s size
is enough to fill the sea
So off on a journey, to understand everything.
Because How it works, “I don’t know"
Moutain’s high, river’s low
up this high the wind blows, and raptors fly and there are trees.

Megan, these trees are neat
But too hard to rest your head
so use your bag here for a bed
Megan, there’s berries to eat
And the people who live here have run away
Megan, ooo
The sea it tasted fresh
If we don’t find out what changed the water
Carry on, carry on, at least it’s beautiful

There’s squirrels here, and lots of food
The bush is full of flies
but the sun’s not in your eyes
A snake startled Cueball- so round we go
Gotta leave the chirps behind and find the truth
Megan, ooo - (up this high cool wind blows)
Face bug on my face
the river turns into a wowterfall

I see a little silhouette-o of a molpy
“It’s OK”, “It’s OK”, it’s just a little prickly

Stare at sand and water -- never, see these beautiful wings
Look out meowlpy, Look out meowlpy,
Look out meowlpy, Look out meowlpy,
Look out meowlpy, thawapp flee – flag stops the bleeeeed!

Let’s go up the mountain, we’ll be able to see
Put it all in your bag and give your bag to me.
I’ll just step in and help you cross this stream
Stars will come, sun will go – there’s a meteor!
Lord Randall! Lo! They found the beanie men! – Beanie Men!
Lord Randal! Is this their weapon? – Their weapon! [Said Wepp-En for rhyme…?]
Lord Randal! And now we’re out of breath! – Out of breath!
Don’t know what he said! – what he said!
so let’s draw instead! – draw instead!
We’ll take you to our head! -- ooo

go, go, go, go, go, go, go!
Oh Rosetta, Oh Rosetta, Oh Rosetta! Let me know!
We need to know what’s happening with the sea!
the sea!
the sea!!

So you arose here from down in the dessert below
and there are five eight times people at home
The seas joined, and the other sea’s higher
The seas gonna rise – the sea’s gonna rise right up to here

Ooh no, ooh no
We already saved the others
saved them from the sea
But we didn’t know about you
We didn’t know about you, you see

wait for it and who knows

{P1152}
Oh, I thought you were being kind to the kvetcheruppers.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

lovepirate

Postby lovepirate » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Added a new OTColored frame, because I felt like doing some crazy coloring (just as therapeutic as when I was five years old...)

Original (2235):
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I'm a little slow, but I couldn't let this pass by without adding that this is stunning! I'm seriously in awe. This might be my favorite thing in all of the OTT.

akacat

Postby akacat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

Blind posting because OMR, I am never going to ketchup! I seem to constantly be 10 nps in the past.

jowo wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Awesomeful avatar, jowo :P

Thank you! 'Twas akacat's idea, though; I just knew how to generate the image quickly (helped design & test the website).

Which I suppose is something the OTT didn't know about me.

Haven't decided to actually buy the plate, but if I do it will be tomorrow. (And a two week wait.)

4! Do you live in Michigan? If so, the plate may still be available for me, if I ever stop waffling on it. :)

dawnfire

Postby dawnfire » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

Just a quick post to gasp at how ridiculously good Blitzgirl and taixzo's colourings are and to jaw-drop at the One True Form poems. Somewhat humbled by the colourings and thinking I should probably give up my comparatively bland offerings!

Also loving the nostaligia of smolloy's posts, but I guess he won't see this until another 4+ months' time...

Finally, great to see that GLR's been watching. Feel somewhat touched that he's blagged that it's mostly been for the OTTers (and us many lurkers) seeing it through to The End. His post has definitely upped the piquancy of the ending for me, and emphasised just how extraordinary an undertaking this has been.

ETA: Just spotted that taixzo's entry hadn't made it through to the OTColored page, for some reason, so have added it (noting that I may have guessed the wrong frame number - do please fix if so!).
Last edited by dawnfire on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm UTC

Wildhound wrote:Well folks, for what it's worth, I have pushed out an update to the OTC Live wallpaper to make it relevant again following Friday's event that shall not be named.

It should become available in the next couple of hours.

Changes:

Spoiler:
v1.10 - 2013-07-29 - End of Time update

- Added ability to loop through time, no longer stuck on final frame.
- Added user preference to loop or display static frame.
- Added user preference to choose interval between frames if looping.
- Added user preference to select the current frame (heretical numbering).

Update has just come through, thanks!
He/Him/His Image

ttscp

Postby ttscp » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:17 pm UTC

Throwing post forward, welcome intheshax!

intheshax wrote:Count me among the delurkers who were here the whole time. I made my forum account to say this:

Timewaiters, OTTers, Loopists, popes, blitzers, everyone, it has been an honor and a privilege.
Always act to increase the survival chances of the largest group you are a part of.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I like your colored newpix, wizpretz! I think it's a fine way to start off the OTColored, and show that all types of coloring are accepted (after all, we have over 3000 frames to do)!
@ dalcde's prediction - Not quite accurate...that wasn't actually the last slide. Pretty good, though!

Valarya wrote:Hahah, you were just waiting for it. I actually thought I'd have the 1300 Centapope with my last post, but I ended up goating the page for you. That's OK.. I like it when you're mome better.

Haha, I also have those bookmarked! I've been using Kieryn's smileys page for a long Time, but it's currently out of date and its parameters means it doesn't catch uploads directly into the forums. I thought about editing one of my earlier smiley posts, but I couldn't very well add the Rosetta and Beanie smileys because that would spoiler blitzers. Now that we're past the End of Time, though, that doesn't matter...so I can just use this pagemome-post as smiley-storage. Image

Updating my algo for this is on my todo list. No eta for it tho... Sorry :|
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

WOnder93 wrote:Current progress: 738/1293 pages

In the OTC, Cuegan took a short rest at the third campsite and decided not to cross the river4 and continue up to the hills instead. Before leaving the campsite, Cueball left for the river to get more water and we get to watch Megan as she returns to the vineyard to "stock up". As she is passing a tree, she encounters a squirpy and feeds it. As Cuegan walk on, the elevation begins to rise faster and while Cueball makes shapes with his shadow, Megan gives us some important clues: 1. Everything since at least after the fading probably happened in a single day. 2. They were probably walking east while following the sea1.

In the OTT: the how-to-post discussion still smoulders, but everything gets calm again after several newpages; there is a lot of molpy hunting (squirpy and molpython are discovered); attempts to match the comic location to Madagascar continue, though the squirpy disrupts this theory; more and more OTT song parodies...

Some pastpost reactions:
Spoiler:
PaSt + PoSt -> PaPoSt2
:mrgreen: ok, now seriously:
Wnderer wrote:<snip>
I still see a squirlpy.

Sounds like a python module. I'm working on two modules at work called lenspy and campy.

import squirl

squirrel = squirl.squirl()
squirrel.gather("nuts")
squirrel.climb("tree")
squirrel.bite("Megan")

Hehe, this makes me want to name some Python module "squirl.py" some time in the future :D It sounds cool!

mscha wrote:
edfel wrote:Megan, whatever you do,
Don't steal its nut!
<sinp>

ENHANCE!
ImageImage

This made my day!

BlitzGirl wrote:It has been a long Time since I've used my bard skills on the OTT, but I see a need:

Don't Worry; Feed Squirpys
(to the tune of Don't Worry; Be Happy)
[spoiler]Here is a little song I wrote
Feel free to make a quote
Don't worry. Feed squirpys.

In every thread we have some trouble
If you start flaming you make it double

Don't worry; feed squirpys!
Don't worry; feed squirpys!

<snip>

BlitzGirl, that's awesome!

I have not heard of this until now, WOnder93!! It appears that you are going through the OTT and OTC from the past (as many have claimed to do/re-do), but are giving us 'live' updates from the past about what was going on at the time in both the OTC an the OTT!!! I LOVE this idea and will now look forward to seeing more and more of them. Keep going, and Blitz on!!

ETA: some serious quote/spoiler Mustard that I just noticed on my way to Ketchup!
Last edited by MajorDouble7 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:06 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

intheshax

Postby intheshax » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:28 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:Throwing post forward, welcome intheshax!

intheshax wrote:Count me among the delurkers who were here the whole time. I made my forum account to say this:

Timewaiters, OTTers, Loopists, popes, blitzers, everyone, it has been an honor and a privilege.

WOOHOO! I was waiting for that! Thank you, ttscp!

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 pm UTC

About BlitzGirl's question about what contribution we are most proud of. I don't like to brag...

*twitch, twitch*

all right, I do like to brag: I was the first OTTer to suggest the Zanclean flood. Moahaha! I won the thread! Wheee!

*twitch*

...but that was of course just a lucky guess. Nevertheless, I will celebrate by trying an OTTification. (Not sure if it is really singable.)

ZANCLEAN FLOOD (based on Aquarius)

When Antares is forever gone,
And when Venus is the evening star,
When the river may not reach the sea,
When the hills are where the bullies are:

It is the coming of the second Zanclean flood!
The second Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

Salinity may be decreasing
While the sea is clearly rising.
Trebuchets and crenelations
are replaced by consternation.
Lack of formal education
Does not hinder exploration.

Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

And by the way, Aquarius was also filked in the infamous Pressures thread (most of the thread was moved and aptly renamed to "Relativity(?) or some crap").
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:31 pm UTC

ttscp wrote:... quite a bit ..

Thanks for sharing the sentiment.

The last bit reminded me of the following:

When I molpy up yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be checking up on the OTT & C
When I go out yeah I know I'm gonna be
wondering whatever is up with the OTT & C

If I get drunk yes I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be drunkposting to the OTT
And if I pagepope yeah I know I'm gonna be
I'm gonna be decreeing the hell out of you and me

But I would watch 1550 frames
And I would watch 1550 more
Just to be the man who watched 3100 frames
Before he is forced to molpy down

When I'm working yes I know I'm gonna be
And when the money comes in for the work I'll do
I'll be buying 3000 T-shirts of the OTT & C

When I come home yeah I know I'm gonna be
And if I grow old well I know I'm gonna be
growing old and grumbling in the OTT

When I'm lonely yes I know I'm gonna be
hurrying back to ketchup on the OTT & C
When I'm dreaming yes I know I'm gonna dream
Dream about the time in the OTT & C

500 miles - by the Proclaimers.

Cheers,

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:32 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Zorin_75 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:The Geekwagon link was added and the title-text changed on newpix m3089:
Spoiler:

Aargh, how can you just post the frame-that-must-not-be-named like that :shock: :cry:

Fear of a frame only increases fear of The End itself.

What we need is exposure therapy!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
molpy

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Congratulations, you have reached THE END of exposure therapy.
You may have cake.

I successfully completed BlitzGirl's Exposure Therapy...whew, that was kind of tough. At least I got a molpy and a cake out of it, though. :D
HES wrote:That's not how these things work; Beardo will know, but before telling them he will send them on a quest for the magical sand timer of the molpy people. He'll give them a stick with +1 Thwapping and [...] once Time ends, it will restart on a higher difficulty setting.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:33 pm UTC

Writing from my iPad, the 5 th and final device I've been viewing time on that I've checked since you know when. With each one there has been a moment of nostalgia as I see what timeframe I was last reading on it. On this iPad, it's m3053. Oh the innocence! :)
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 pm UTC

Molpy Up!
With a szcho-blindpost. I'm on NP1294 & here on NP 1300!!!
Back from work, needed to ketchup with my cousin. (I guess I never mentioned I staying in an apartment in his house {fairly old, the new addition was built in the '50's}) And while out planning where the next "campfire" will be, I found a Blue jay feather. Looks like it's a wing feather from the size and shape. Striking blue color on the leading edge.

BlitzGirl wrote:
Newpage 1300 Smiley Repository
<snip>
I'm sure I missed some, so let me know if you think of any that I forgot to include...

Another sea-ish and WOWderful smiley depot BiltzGirl.
And thanks for the multi-spoiler post. (After seeing 'Molpy", I thought I'd see "grapevine" under the last one.)

dawnfire wrote:Just a quick post to gasp at how ridiculously good Blitzgirl and taixzo's colourings are and to jaw-drop at the One True Form poems. Somewhat humbled by the colourings and thinking I should probably give up my comparatively bland offerings!

Also loving the nostaligia of smolloy's posts, but I guess he won't see this until another 4+ months' time...

Finally, great to see that GLR's been watching. Feel somewhat touched that he's blagged that it's mostly been for the OTTers (and us many lurkers) seeing it through to The End. His post has definitely upped the piquancy of the ending for me, and emphasised just how extraordinary an undertaking this has been.

My eyes have been dazzled by all of the color posts I've just in between 1192 & 1194. I can't Wait to see more of them.

I see smolloy is getting into the swing of blitzing. Go, smolloy, Go!!!!!

I guess I need to find The GLR post dawnfire mentioned. It must be ahead of me (or is on Site in the Blog Pages?). *ssshhhh* Don't spoil it for me. However I will return to 1194 and not look ahead, like a good ketchuper/mini-blitzer. Actually I've been amongst those who held out a bit of hope that He would make some sort of comment, some where about the OTC & OTT.

Now to post this so it is on NP1300.
Last edited by pelrigg on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:41 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 pm UTC

dawnfire wrote:Just a quick post to gasp at how ridiculously good Blitzgirl and taixzo's colourings are and to jaw-drop at the One True Form poems. Somewhat humbled by the colourings and thinking I should probably give up my comparatively bland offerings!

Please don't try to outwin anyone, but rather add to the community effort of artistic glory. If my 5 min. Ipad drawing is there (frame 6), your contribution will be appreciated.

P.S. attempting to draw Cuegan in frame 6 only showed me how hard it is to display such vast range of emotions using faceless stick figures. GLR's work is Amazing.

P.S. everyone wants time T shirts. Since GLR doesn't plan to sell any, I know a place that prints any image you's like on a shirt for ~$10, so I'll just make myself a Time shirt of my own. I just need to think what exactly to print. A single frame? I want Cuegan to be in it and I probably want some sandcastles too. Maybe I will combine several frames to a single detailed Image representing time.
It's about time.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Writing from my iPad, the 5 th and final device I've been viewing time on that I've checked since you know when. With each one there has been a moment of nostalgia as I see what timeframe I was last reading on it. On this iPad, it's m3053. Oh the innocence! :)

Based on your comment I went and checked on my new kindle (old one broke...but I can't access amazon books on a nook, soo...) and yay! I can access Time on my e-book :D Taking "the Book of Time" to a whole new level :P

MajorDouble7

Postby MajorDouble7 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Hey -- did ya'll check the latest Google news headline!

Might want to correct 'hoursly' typo. :wink: But I like it!!!!!

ETA: ...aaaaaaaaaaand super ninja'd, of course.
Last edited by MajorDouble7 on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:53 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Eliram

Postby Eliram » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

1300 ONG

I thought it might be nice to post a frame per newpage, according to the np number. This should keep the OTT going for a little while longer...
This way, there might be ninjas too... And each frame could be reviewed again with better knowledge.
ETA :So this is frame 1300 in mscha's standard numbering system. http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/1300
Last edited by Eliram on Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:57 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
It's about time.

Eternal Density

blindpost from 1295

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:52 pm UTC

Woo, page 1300!

RiverMolpyUp!
Spoiler:
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:57 pm UTC

Lawsome wrote:
ucim wrote:And thus the shippers get their due.

Shippers? There are about, 9 characters in this whole thing. Three of whom are practically identical.

{P1154}
Identical? Do you mean the fat one, the one with freckles and the one with long pendulous ears?
These are very exciting Pages, it's a pity I have to experience them alone. I hope you lot remember what you're missing.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

neopifex wrote:
FullOfIt wrote:
Spoiler:
Original (2235):

Okay, wow... that's a... wow. Damn.

That reminds me:
Blitzgirl, would it be possible to get a higher-res copy of your colored version of this frame? I'd love to be able to use it as my wallpaper (1920px wide).

Sure, here you go!

BlitzGirlColorBazookaWallpaper.png
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:04 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
neopifex wrote:Blitzgirl, would it be possible to get a higher-res copy of your colored version of this frame? I'd love to be able to use it as my wallpaper (1920px wide).

Sure, here you go!

BlitzGirlColorBazookaWallpaper.png

I love you.

I mean I did already, but now...
Spoiler:

(So, fancy making another one for my second monitor? :P )
He/Him/His Image

dawnfire

Postby dawnfire » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:I guess I need to find The GLR post dawnfire mentioned. It must be ahead of me (or is on Site in the Blog Pages?).

Check out the Blag if you haven't already. Essential OTTer reading. And some chirping beautiful comments.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:10 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
neopifex wrote:Blitzgirl, would it be possible to get a higher-res copy of your colored version of this frame? I'd love to be able to use it as my wallpaper (1920px wide).

Sure, here you go! <snip>

I love you.

I mean I did already, but now...
Spoiler:
(So, fancy making another one for my second monitor? :P )

D'aww - love you too! I'll probably do more when I find the Time... :wink:

mikrit wrote:<snip>all right, I do like to brag: I was the first OTTer to suggest the Zanclean flood. Moahaha! I won the thread! Wheee!
...but that was of course just a lucky guess. Nevertheless, I will celebrate by trying an OTTification. (Not sure if it is really singable.)

ZANCLEAN FLOOD (based on Aquarius)
Spoiler:

Salinity may be decreasing
While the sea is clearly rising.
Trebuchets and crenelations
are replaced by consternation.
Lack of formal education
Does not hinder exploration.

Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood! Zanclean flood!

That was a chirpin' good guess, I must admit. :) And treeish ottification!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:11 pm UTC

Blindpost:
Wildhound wrote:Well folks, for what it's worth, I have pushed out an update to the OTC Live wallpaper to make it relevant again following Friday's event that shall not be named.
Spoiler:
It should become available in the next couple of hours.

Changes:

v1.10 - 2013-07-29 - End of Time update

- Added ability to loop through time, no longer stuck on final frame.
- Added user preference to loop or display static frame.
- Added user preference to choose interval between frames if looping.
- Added user preference to select the current frame (heretical numbering).

⁴!
Got it, thanks.
I assume that the list of frames is now built into the app, and you're no longer using my .csv?
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:19 pm UTC

dawnfire wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I guess I need to find The GLR post dawnfire mentioned. It must be ahead of me (or is on Site in the Blog Pages?).

Check out the Blag if you haven't already. Essential OTTer reading. And some chirping beautiful comments.

Gonna make a link to the actual post here instead of the Blag in-general, so when he updates it with a new post OTTers will be directed correctly.

I read some comments earlier today, but I just went back and read all the current ones and I'm sitting here at my desk crying again. I love this community.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”