1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG

Changes are coming

Postby AluisioASG » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:50 pm UTC

And so at last the humongous beast fell, victim of its own body and its new task. But all was not lost, for from the ashes of the beast, its creator built it a new body, made of a multitude of nodes, and that shined like an electrical storm.
The beast looked at itself, and realized that while it was now much smaller than before, its power had grown boundlessly. And it also noticed what had always been: its body and mind were there, but its memories… were somewhere else.
For indeed its creator had created it a sibling, so he could never ever lose it again.

The now immortal beast gazed down upon its enemies, for it now knew where them were, and they, knowing that, cowered in horror.

@BlitzGirl:
Spoiler:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:

I'm running out of adjectives for the awesomeness this thread gives out - even with all our new ones.
He/Him/His Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:52 pm UTC

From http://xkcd.com/330/
Spoiler:
indecision-330.png
Indecision
Lurking. Watching. Thinking. Writing. Waiting.
-- Charlie Grumbles

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

What changes?

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm UTC

Good one, charlie! :D

AluisioASG wrote:@BlitzGirl:
Spoiler:
Penguins! Image Yay! Thanks!
And hey, one of these cakes finally got my age right! I suppose it was only a matter of Time...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

pelrigg

Re: What changes?

Postby pelrigg » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Good one, charlie! :D

AluisioASG wrote:@BlitzGirl:
Spoiler:
Penguins! Image Yay! Thanks!
And hey, one of these cakes finally got my age right! I suppose it was only a matter of Time...

Wow... An other anniversary from the incomparable BlitzGirl....

Congrats on your two thousand and first post...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 pm UTC

OTThercomics should be up to date, including charlie's latest. If I've missed anything you want added, drop me a pm.

And, now that I've had a chance to actually read them, great work charlie and yappo! :lol:
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:10 pm UTC

Another great one, charlie :mrgreen:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hahaha, I looked #159 and thought of doing the same thing to it! Image Great OTTerminds think alike!
Awesomeful job on the OTTercomics, and the redundakitty! And thanks!

Haha! That is highly tree-like. Although, you'd have probably done a better job in terms of making it LOOK nice than me since you can do the nice proper handwriting, I can't do that and just have to use the font...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Hel-G

Postby Hel-G » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:13 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:
Spoiler:
waveney wrote:[spoiler]
Exodies wrote:
jazz14456 wrote:
NetWeasel wrote:<snip>
I seem to have missed the part in which we found out how the strait of Gibralter got plugged up in the first place, and when. <snip>

What is Gibralter?

{P1210}
Where is Schultz?

While we never found out how and why the straight was plugged. Rosetta clearly used the word BERM. A Berm is an arificial earthwork, it would have been made by people sometime in the next N thousand years, and have been around for enough time for the fauna to have established.

Speculation: it could have been made to keep back rising sea levels due to global warming in the near future. (You have been warned...)

I wouldn't put too much faith in the "artificial" part, though. Remember that she struggled a lot with the language. So, it could have been a dam, or some natural occurrence. Remember, that civilization has collapsed in this world and technology is almost entirely absent. The Med basin has been drying for something less than 1000 years (it isn't completely dry). No clues about when civilization collapsed, but it is unlikely that a non-tech society could dam the straits - too wide, too deep.

Of course, something built before the collapse that required active maintenance could have failed and caused a (near) complete blockage a millennium previously. If so, it would partially date the collapse of the civilization. We spoke earlier here about the fact that our civilization couldn't likely be rebuilt if it collapses because of the lack of access to easy energy without the tech. GLR confirms that this is his thought also. Solar and wind energy are free, but require a high tech society to extract and transmit.

Imagine what would happen if a solar flare or a nearby supernova fried all of the computer chips in the world, but left other things intact. How long would it take to recover? I'd suggest a very long time. You can't just make more, since computers are made using other computers. Power is generated and transmitted with computers. Nearly all industrial processes are controlled with computers. So, suddenly, nothing works. It wouldn't just set you back to the late 1940's, but much farther.

ETA: The effect on transportation would be devastating. No vehicle built since about 1970 would still run. (Only Cuba would still have transport.) The world's population would likely collapse, due to the effect on agriculture, etc. etc. etc.

I think the Med has been dry for a very long time. Cuegan's tribe seems to have no recollection of living by a shrinking sea. The Med shrinks by evaporation if the Straits of Gibraltar are closed, but as there are still rivers carrying water to the remnants of the sea, it will not disppear completely. The sea Cugan knew could have been stable for thousands of years. NetWeasel had a very neat theory on NP1152 that I find highly plausible. I think it might actually happen in real life.
NetWeasel wrote:Theory:

In the late 21st century, in response to the rising sea level, the Mediterranian countries pool funding for the Locks of Hercules Project -- a dam and locks system to stem the rising seas, and keep the Mediterranian Sea at the same level that it was at yet still maintain a trade route.
(Yes, the sea gets more saline through evaporation, but that is a small price to pay)
The Locks, arguably the 9th wonder of the Modern World, were designed to last at least 10,000 years.

Then Antares went supernova, knocking back technology (somehow), and the locks froze/rusted shut.

9000 years later, this happened. My guess is that the Beanies, inquisitive little chaps that they are, came down with a terminal case of "what does this lever do?" and opened a spillway that they cannot close,..

It could very well be that the Staits were closed very shortly after our own present.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

Thanks for all the work on the OTTercomics, HES! Image

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Hahaha, I looked #159 and thought of doing the same thing to it! Image Great OTTerminds think alike!
Awesomeful job on the OTTercomics, and the redundakitty! And thanks!

Haha! That is highly tree-like. Although, you'd have probably done a better job in terms of making it LOOK nice than me since you can do the nice proper handwriting, I can't do that and just have to use the font...

Pssh, silly yappo, it's still just as funny. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

dawnfire wrote:Another colpix*, with a hint of modification to fit the dialogue. Hope you like it. :)
Spoiler:

*easier to spell than colorification? coloration? colorization? colorificization? ... oh whatever.

In this case, coolerisation.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:26 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
dawnfire wrote:Another colpix*, with a hint of modification to fit the dialogue. Hope you like it. :)
Spoiler:
*easier to spell than colorification? coloration? colorization? colorificization? ... oh whatever.

Don't you mean coolerization?

*brandishes extra Zs*

because Z is the coolest letter
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:29 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
Spoiler:

*brandishes extra Zs*

I'm not from North America, so I'll never be as cool as BlitsGirl. :( Oh, but can I borrow some of those extra Zs? I need to coma.
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:34 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
Angelastic wrote:
Spoiler:
Image*easier to spell than colorification? coloration? colorization? colorificization? ... oh whatever.

*brandishes extra Zs*

I'm not from North America, so I'll never be as cool as BlitsGirl. :( Oh, but can I borrow some of those extra Zs? I need to coma.

I zuppoze zo...

*handz over zome Zz*

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:35 pm UTC

Something a bit different.
With thanks to Ryan North.
Spoiler:
Dino1190.png

Edited to correct color.
Last edited by charlie_grumbles on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
-- Charlie Grumbles

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you mean coolerization?

*brandishes extra Zs*

Must not take bait. Must not take bait. Must not take bait.

*fetches hose*
He/Him/His Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Don't you mean coolerization?

*brandishes extra Zs*

Must not take bait. Must not take bait. Must not take bait.

*fetches hose*

hoze???
-- Charlie Grumbles

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 pm UTC

charlie_grumbles wrote:Something a bit different.
Spoiler:

An OtherOtherComicization! :shock:

(Is that allowed?)

(I'm not sure, but it's funny.)

(Are you talking to yourself, BlitzGirl?)

(It's really none of your business, me.)
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:08 pm UTC

Scene 22

interior, day. Complete blackness, as the BlitzRocket has gone dark. There are the sounds of fumbling around, and also of the water against the BlitzRocket and the approaching waterfall.
the second scribe wrote:I am not waiting for it; the new commandment is RUN. We've got to get out of this tin bucket!
The Pope wrote:I thought you liked the BlitzRocket
the second scribe wrote:I don't know if you noticed, but it's not doing the Blitz thing any more.
The Pope wrote:Yes, I did figure that out. We should still wait for it, but that doesn't mean we can't do anything while we wait.

In nominae unium verium auctorus, et per auctorii heretecii, openium da porti des bahia pod.

A sliver of light splits the screen horizontally and the noise increases. Two shadows move in front of the slit.
the second scribe wrote:Amazing! How did you do that?
The Pope wrote:I'm the Pope. Now help push this open and let's get out.
Spoiler:
As the two push up, the clamshell top opens wide and in the blinding light we can see the water, which is fairly calm given what lies ahead. The BlitzRocket floats low in the water, which is starting to pour into the cabin.
The Pope wrote:Let's go!

medium shot: the BlitzRocket, from outside, bobbing in the water. The edge of the water, where the waterfall begins, can be seen in the distance. The Pope emerges and stands on the water's surface, reaching out to the second scribe. She takes his hand and emerges from the BlitzRocket, which sinks below the surface a few seconds later.
the second scribe wrote:You're walking on water! How are you doing that??
The Pope wrote:You're walking on water too.
the second scribe wrote:Yes.... how about that! How am I doing that?
The Pope wrote:It's holy water. There's just a lot more of it in one place than we've ever seen. Now do you remember the commandment of the New Testament?
the second scribe wrote:You mean, "RUN."?
The Pope wrote:Yeah, that one. Now would be a good time to follow it. That way!

The two begin running on the water's surface, towards some distant hills. They are still being carried by the current however, and as the camera helicopters up and backwards, and tilts up towards the hills on the horizon, they appear smaller and smaller in the image, until edge of the waterfall comes into view and the camera stabilizes showing the two dots our characters have become. They are far closer to the waterfall than to the hills towards which they are running.

cut to: interior - taixzo's BlitzRocket. The camera is in the back, looking forwards. A dancing paperclip is depicted on one of the screens.
the dancing paperclip wrote:It looks like you are trying to find the Pope. Can I help you?
The First Cleric wrote:How do you stop this thing??
taixzo wrote:Usually it stops by itself if I crash the BlitzRocket.
The First Cleric wrote:Let's not do that.
taixzo wrote:For the first time, I agree with you.

taixzo taps the leftmost Sciscitor Stellar Navigation screen, and a map of what appears to be a large body of water appears on it. With the tap of a few buttons, the word ENLARGING appears, and the screen shows a strait. A few more taps, the word ENHANCING, and three dots appear on the screen with circles and arrows, and a paragraph appears on the rightmost screen explaining what each one was.
The First Cleric wrote:That's them! But what are they doing in the water?
taixzo wrote:I'll refrain from saying it's the backstroke. We're going in.

With a slight move of the control glove, taixzo eases the BlitzRocket down and what will later be known as the Gibralter Waterfall fills the window.
The First Cleric wrote:I think I'm going to be seasick. Or airsick. Or something.
the dancing paperclip wrote:It looks like you are about to throw up. Can I help you?

close-up: taixzo, preparing for approach.
taixzo wrote:Strap in. It's time to molpy up, not throw up.
The First Cleric wrote:Uh... I had molpy for breakfast.

exterior - day: the Pope and second scribe running towards the hills in the background. A bright dot of light appears in the sky. It streaks past in a rainbow of colors, curves around, and then the entire sky lights up in psychedelics.

exterior - day: medium shot of the Pope and second scribe running towards the camera. The BlitzRocket passes behind them; they stop, turn around, and look at it approach and hover just in front of them. The fire and cross emblem of taixzo is visible on the side. The hatch opens, and the First Cleric looks at them.

cut to: the First Cleric's POV, with the Pope and second scribe standing on the water, keeping pace with the current that is taking them towards the waterfall, whose edge is now visibly much closer.
offscreen, The First Cleric wrote:How are you doing that??
the second scribe wrote:He's the Pope.
offscreen, taixzo wrote:Would you like a lift, or do you have some more tricks you'd like to show us?
The Pope wrote:I wouldn't want to deny your hospitality - we'd love to see your BlitzRocket!
offscreen, taixzo wrote:Permission to come aboard!

The First Cleric reaches a hand out to the second scribe, who gets on board, and then to the Pope, who also climbs in.

Sound FX: There is a huge crashing sound as another part of the waterfall's edge gives way, and the entire surface of the water they had been standing on just moments before gets sucked down into the rapids.
the second scribe wrote:That was close!
taixzo wrote:Where to?

[close-up: the Pope] settling into the BlitzRocket. It's pretty crowded; the Pope and second scribe crouch down in the back behind the pilot's seat.
The Pope wrote:We're going to have to do something about this new influx of Holy Water. Too much of a good thing, you know. But I can't do it alone - we'll need the entire clerecy. So, let's start there.

[closeup: taixzo] lifts the control glove and pushes the red button.
the dancing paperclip wrote:It looks like you're trying to sit down. Can I help?

[exterior - day: wide shot of the Gibralter Waterfall, with the BlitzRocket departing in an arc above it, towards the camera. The camera fast-pans and rights itself as the BlitzRocket passes overhead with psychedelic exhaust and a mighty roar.
offscreen, The Pope wrote:Almost makes me miss HAL.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 1315) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki) | next (NP 1346) -->
Last edited by ucim on Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

Again, I return to the OTT later than expected (stupid OutsideH - it almost feels like there is less time since the {CENSORED}), and I find many more OTThercomics4 and OTColourifications7! Thank you, BlitzGirl, HES, yappobiscuits, pelrigg, charlie_grumbles, Whizbang, dawnfire, and DrSamCarter! Image

jjjdavidson wrote:UPDATED GRAPH!

Awefulsome graph3!

airdrik wrote:Another Ottification, this one comes to you with all due respect to the Kooks and their recent hit "She Moves In Her Own Way"

"Time Moves In Its Own Way"
Spoiler:
So at our spot on Monday
I was hoping someday
We'd be on our way to neater things
It's not about our make-up
Or how we try to shape up
To these wowsome bo'bab trees
Bo'bab trees, molpy

So now we pour our heart out
They're telling us we're far out
From the cares of life and outside things
But they don't pull our strings
'Cos it's a better thread
Moving on to better things

Well uh oh, oh I love here because time moves in its own way
Well uh oh, oh it came by my life just to chirp about my day

And at our spot on Tuesday
Got us in our their mindset
Tangled words and colored pics
Looks are deceiving
Make me believe it
And these wowsome bo'bab trees
Bo'bab trees, molpy
Yeah

So won't you join us
Just for the bonus
Leaving cares of life and outside things
And they don't pull our strings
'Cos it's a better thread
Moving on to better things

Well uh oh, oh I love here because time moves in its own way
Well uh oh, oh it came by my life just to chirp about my day

yes we wish that we never made it
Through the voldemort
But we keep up instead of
holding us back
Down through the rivers
yes we wish that we never made it
Through the voldemort
But we keep up instead of
holding us back
Down through the rivers

But uh oh, I love here because time moves in its own way
But uh oh, it came by my life just to chirp about my day
But uh oh, oh I love here because time moves in its own way
But uh oh, oh it came by my life just to chirp about my day

Treeish ottification!

ucim wrote:
EndOfTime.mp3

words:
Spoiler:
lilypad format:
[measurenumber] syl- la- bles se- pa- ra- ted by spa- ces /
[nextmeasurenumber] one per note /

[1] Keep our Cue- gan /
[2] safe where we left them /
[3] step- ping on the /
[4] shore. The /
[5] sea is- n't kind, it /
[6] does what it wants. It /
[7] may rise a- gain once /
[8] more. We /
[9] pray that the raft won't /
[10] float a- way. We /
[11] pray that they reach high /
[12] ground, a- bove the /
[13] fi- nal shore's ex- /
[14] panse. We /
[15] pray asc- /
[16] en- ding seas do /
[17] not re- claim our /
[18] Meg and Cue's new /
[19] home. /
[20] All of this we /
[21] pray: /
[22] Be it safe to /
[23] stay. /
[24] Squir- pies and chir- pies /
[25] fill the trees with /
[26] joy in the pro- mised /
[27] land. We be- /
[28] seech Thee the /
[29] For- ty have /
[30] made it to main- land and /
[31] not to an /
[32] is- land and /
[33] trapped in ri- sing /
[34] wa- ter if the /
[35] sea is not quite /
[36] done ri- sing /
[37] up. /
[38] Lead them. /
[39] Lead them. /
[40] We be-seech Thee . /
[41] now, at the /
[42] end of /
[43] Time. /
[44] Hum- bly Thee we /
[45] pray: /
[46] Let them be o- /
[47] kay. A- men /
[48] A- . /
[49] men.

Jose

7terful!

ucim wrote:
Scene 22
Spoiler:
interior, day. Complete blackness, as the BlitzRocket has gone dark. There are the sounds of fumbling around, and also of the water against the BlitzRocket and the approaching waterfall.
the second scribe wrote:I am not waiting for it; the new commandment is RUN. We've got to get out of this tin bucket!
The Pope wrote:I thought you liked the BlitzRocket
the second scribe wrote:I don't know if you noticed, but it's not doing the Blitz thing any more.
The Pope wrote:Yes, I did figure that out. We should still wait for it, but that doesn't mean we can't do anything while we wait.

In nominae unium verium auctorus, et per auctorii heretecii, openium da porti des bahia pod.

A sliver of light splits the screen horizontally and the noise increases. Two shadows move in front of the slit.
the second scribe wrote:Amazing! How did you do that?
The Pope wrote:I'm the Pope. Now help push this open and let's get out.
As the two push up, the clamshell top opens wide and in the blinding light we can see the water, which is fairly calm given what lies ahead. The BlitzRocket floats low in the water, which is starting to pour into the cabin.
The Pope wrote:Let's go!

medium shot: the BlitzRocket, from outside, bobbing in the water. The edge of the water, where the waterfall begins, can be seen in the distance. The Pope emerges and stands on the water's surface, reaching out to the second scribe. She takes his hand and emerges from the BlitzRocket, which sinks below the surface a few seconds later.
the second scribe wrote:You're walking on water! How are you doing that??
The Pope wrote:You're walking on water too.
the second scribe wrote:Yes.... how about that! How am I doing that?
The Pope wrote:It's holy water. There's just a lot more of it in one place than we've ever seen. Now do you remember the commandment of the New Testament?
the second scribe wrote:You mean, "RUN."?
The Pope wrote:Yeah, that one. Now would be a good time to follow it. That way!

The two begin running on the water's surface, towards some distant hills. They are still being carried by the current however, and as the camera helicopters up and backwards, and tilts up towards the hills on the horizon, they appear smaller and smaller in the image, until edge of the waterfall comes into view and the camera stabilizes showing the two dots our characters have become. They are far closer to the waterfall than to the hills towards which they are running.

cut to: interior - taixzo's BlitzRocket. The camera is in the back, looking forwards. A dancing paperclip is depicted on one of the screens.
the dancing paperclip wrote:It looks like you are trying to find the Pope. Can I help you?
The First Cleric wrote:How do you stop this thing??
taixzo wrote:Usually it stops by itself if I crash the BlitzRocket.
The First Cleric wrote:Let's not do that.
taixzo wrote:For the first time, I agree with you.

taixzo taps the leftmost Sciscitor Stellar Navigation screen, and a map of what appears to be a large body of water appears on it. With the tap of a few buttons, the word ENLARGING appears, and the screen shows a strait. A few more taps, the word ENHANCING, and three dots appear on the screen with circles and arrows, and a paragraph appears on the rightmost screen explaining what each one was.
The First Cleric wrote:That's them! But what are they doing in the water?
taixzo wrote:I'll refrain from saying it's the backstroke. We're going in.

With a slight move of the control glove, taixzo eases the BlitzRocket down and what will later be known as the Gibralter Waterfall fills the window.
The First Cleric wrote:I think I'm going to be seasick. Or airsick. Or something.
the dancing paperclip wrote:It looks like you are about to throw up. Can I help you?

close-up: taixzo, preparing for approach.

exterior - day: the Pope and second scribe running towards the hills in the background. A bright dot of light appears in the sky. It streaks past in a rainbow of colors, curves around, and then the entire sky lights up in psychedelics.

exterior - day: medium shot of the Pope and second scribe running towards the camera. The BlitzRocket passes behind them; they stop, turn around, and look at it approach and hover just in front of them. The fire and cross emblem of taixzo is visible on the side. The hatch opens, and the First Cleric looks at them.

cut to: the First Cleric's POV, with the Pope and second scribe standing on the water, keeping pace with the current that is taking them towards the waterfall, whose edge is now visibly much closer.
offscreen, The First Cleric wrote:How are you doing that??
the second scribe wrote:He's the Pope.
offscreen, taixzo wrote:Would you like a lift, or do you have some more trickses you'd like to show us?
The Pope wrote:I wouldn't want to deny your hospitality - we'd love to see your BlitzRocket!
offscreen, taixzo wrote:Permission to come aboard!

The First Cleric reaches a hand out to the second scribe, who gets on board, and then to the Pope, who also climbs in.

Sound FX: There is a huge crashing sound as another part of the waterfall's edge gives way, and the entire surface of the water they had been standing on just moments before gets sucked down into the rapids.
the second scribe wrote:That was close!
taixzo wrote:Where to?

[close-up: the Pope] settling into the BlitzRocket. It's pretty crowded; the Pope and second scribe crouch down in the back behind the pilot's seat.
The Pope wrote:We're going to have to do something about this new influx of Holy Water. Too much of a good thing, you know. But I can't do it alone - we'll need the entire clerecy. So, let's start there.

[closeup: taixzo] lifts the control glove and pushes the red button.
the dancing paperclip wrote:It looks like you're trying to sit down. Can I help?

[exterior - day: wide shot of the Gibralter Waterfall, with the BlitzRocket departing in an arc above it, towards the camera. The camera fast-pans and rights itself as the BlitzRocket passes overhead with psychedelic exhaust and a mighty roar.
offscreen, The Pope wrote:Almost makes me miss HAL.

Jose
<-- previous (NP 1315) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki)

Baobabish, once again!
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:26 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Scene 22

<snip>

Eee, yay! :mrgreen: Fun and wowterful as ever!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Whizbang
The Best Reporter

Postby Whizbang » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 pm UTC

from http://xkcd.com/924/

Boring Redundant spoiler
Spoiler:
3D printers.png

ETA link to original comic.
Last edited by Whizbang on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

semecoffeecancerbabies wouldn't fit
Last edited by HES on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

blindposting from 1325

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:You...you don't like it? But it's a TREEbucket and everything! I'll just...find another one...maybe more RELATED...

Aww, I like them really, you silly molpy Image. They're very... well, treeish ;)
*breaks down in snickers*
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

HES

Re: blindposting from 1325

Postby HES » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:43 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:*breaks down in snickers*

Does it show that I have nothing better to be doing?
He/Him/His Image

charlie_grumbles

Postby charlie_grumbles » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:57 pm UTC

HES wrote:

I was thinking more like this:
Spoiler:
snickers-barED.png
-- Charlie Grumbles

Keybounce

Postby Keybounce » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:04 am UTC

Well ...

I don't know what a molpy is. But I did find out about this one from the media attention.

And ... if I saw all the frames in one sitting, in about 20 minutes, does it count? I used a viewer (sorry, can't find it now) that had both a 10 frame per second with pause on "interesting" frames, as well as single-frame. I don't know if that makes me a full blitzer or not.

It's ... well, I'm not the astrology nerd to place the time-frame from the night sky. I just noticed the lack of light pollution. And I already knew that this was in the future, with the idea of the Mediterranean flooding again.

I did find it enjoyable. And, I have to wonder:

I mean, I know what the people here are like.
I mean, this crowd is second only to the slashdot crowd.

But ... seriously?

53 thousand, 265 posts?

We're not expected to read them all, are we?
<this space on hold>

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:08 am UTC

Keybounce wrote:Well ...

I don't know what a molpy is. But I did find out about this one from the media attention.

And ... if I saw all the frames in one sitting, in about 20 minutes, does it count? I used a viewer (sorry, can't find it now) that had both a 10 frame per second with pause on "interesting" frames, as well as single-frame. I don't know if that makes me a full blitzer or not.

It's ... well, I'm not the astrology nerd to place the time-frame from the night sky. I just noticed the lack of light pollution. And I already knew that this was in the future, with the idea of the Mediterranean flooding again.

I did find it enjoyable. And, I have to wonder:

I mean, I know what the people here are like.
I mean, this crowd is second only to the slashdot crowd.

But ... seriously?

53 thousand, 265 posts?

We're not expected to read them all, are we?

Hi! 532566 posts is the reason we have a dedicated wiki which should answer your questions.
FAQ
What is a Molpy?
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am UTC

Welcome, Keybounce! Image
Yes, this thread ("the OTT") has a lot of pages ("newpages"). Naturally, we don't expect you to read them all. (Though some people do - we call that "blitzing.")
As HES wrote, there's a wiki in case you feel too lost, or you can always ask us if you have questions!
All followers of Time are welcome here, no matter how you first experienced it. :)

Loved the Beanie search results OTTercomic, HES!
And Jose, this made me laugh:
ucim wrote:close-up: taixzo, preparing for approach.
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Up has not been ketched yet.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:22 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:On NP 1010
wizpretz wrote:I love Primer, although it's horribly confusing (as you can tell from the chart). I've watched it three times and read a lot of people's thoughts on it and I still don't think I understand it completely.

I totally agree, I watched it for the first time last night (thanks Eternal Density) and my mind is still "Treeish! wait, uhh... what just happened?"
It probably didn't help that I didn't know what we were watching beforehand :)
I did that on purpose. :D

Also somewhere in my belongings (haven't seen it in a long time) I have a Beanie Kids keyboard. Just thought I'd share that bit of info. (Actually it might say it's a jaguar but close enough for me.)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:24 am UTC

Weeee, another tree-sh, sea-ish "Acts". (With a dash of "Alice's Restaurant Massacree"-ish thrown in for good measure.)
ucim wrote:
Spoiler:
Jose
<-- previous (NP 1315) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki)

But I do need to molpy out 'til the morrow.
There are Blitzers and lost ones still out there to be Waited with and for.
Good nip!!!
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:27 am UTC

ucim wrote:close-up: taixzo, preparing for approach.

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Eternal Density

Almost ketched...

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:39 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:@StormAngel: Treeish bed! Although...

StormAngel wrote:Maybe this is what the first part of stopping completely looks like.

Redundant:
Spoiler:

RedundaHeresy1.png

Keywords: redundakitty raptorcat black meowlpy heresy kitten comfy chair can we watch BGUM angry
RedundaHeresy2.png
When he said it to me I replied "This is what the first part of going on forever looks like!" But he posted it anyway :(

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:41 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:

Image Image
He/Him/His Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:57 am UTC

TREEISHNESS! So many awesomeful OTTifications and especially OTThercomics.
HES wrote:

There *isn't* anything better to be doing.
I thought that joke might be made but I wasn't expecting TWO Tam-ish manips to be made for me. Thanks HES and Charlie!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:01 am UTC

rONG:
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Molpy Style!

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:13 am UTC

OTThercomic!
(sorry, here's the link to the original: http://xkcd.com/473/ )

Spoiler:
You've been terminated for clicking a redundant spoiler!
still_raw.png
heresy!

Also how does http://files.aasg.name/xkcd-1190/otm/ work? I see the map but no way to enter or submit data.
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:08 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

AluisioASG

OTTers' map's update

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 am UTC

And the reborn beast had gotten new powers. It could see everything, and could find everyone.
It separated its senses by form and function, and just by looking it could see if something was right or wrong.

After a weekend of hard work on both frontend and backend, there's a new version of the OTTers' map available.

The lack of BlitzGirl on the database is disturbing. So as Dracomax's location.

Tip: just load the map and click the search button :wink:
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

HES

Re: OTTers' map's update

Postby HES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:50 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:After a weekend of hard work on both frontend and backend, there's a new version of the OTTers' map available.

Spoiler:

What, no OTTers in Antarctica? I guess we're not... 8-) cool enough.

ETA
Can people add links to the original when making OTTercomics? It makes them easier to add to the wiki, among other things.
He/Him/His Image

the_Dex

Postby the_Dex » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:01 am UTC

jowo wrote:
digimuzik wrote:
Jellyfish-derp wrote: digimuzik wrote:

Jellyfish-derp wrote:90% of the people on this thread have joined since march 25th, 2013

Though some of us claim to have old, "forgotten" accounts that we couldn't be bothered to look up. :lol:

And the rest of us claim to be long-time lurkers....
Wait for it...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TheMinim, the_Dex, azule, smolloy, BlueCrab, and other blitzers: Love the messages from the past! Thanks for sending 'em.

Harald, too. They'll let you add pix and links after you make a few posts.

Cruising along, pg 106, and suddenly I see my name on the page. Wait... what? I wasn't here on March 28th! Oh those future OTTers, so smart they figured how to communicate through time both ways! :wink:

(seriously, though, thanks for the shout back jowo!)

And this makes me think of:

-----> Beatrix

and

"I don't want to talk about time travel because if we start talking about it then we're going to be here all day talking about it, making diagrams with straws."
embracethehate wrote:"hey, can you-"
"Sorry, can't. Sandcastle."

Eternal Density

Re: OTTers' map's update

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:11 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:After a weekend of hard work on both frontend and backend, there's a new version of the OTTers' map available.

The lack of BlitzGirl on the database is disturbing. So as Dracomax's location.

Tip: just load the map and click the search button :wink:
It still doesn't seem to work for me. The search doesn't seem to do anything and I'm not sure if submit worked or not, and I can't figure out how to see OTTers on the map.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”