1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Neil_Boekend

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 am UTC

Error 7005, comment eaten by raptorcat.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:41 am UTC

Sniff, smile.

Thank you, @BlitzGirl, @yappobiscuits, and @Latent22 for "Rest With Me Here". It was a wistfully wowterful experience, of words, song, and condensed version of the OTC. As I watched and listened, I realised that one day I need to find time to watch through the whole OTC from beginning to end as a single event rather than as the frame-by-frame real-time experience that I lived through. But watching and listening to "Rest With Me Here" evoked memories and emotions that highlighted for me the fact that, even though I have been mostly only an observer, I still FEEL part of this community and that I was WITH y'all as it all happened.

Thank you.

(Oh, and it would be remiss of me not to thank everyone for all the OTTifications and OTThercomics and stuff since the last time I gave a generic thank you. I just love the wit and creativity and generosity of the OTT.)

ETA: Thank goodness for Neil_Boekend's comment-eating raptorcat, as I was about to post a comment with an unmatched closing parenthesis. Who knows WHAT havoc that could have wreaked?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:56 am UTC

DrSamCarter wrote:Sniff, smile.
Spoiler:
Thank you, @BlitzGirl, @yappobiscuits, and @Latent22 for "Rest With Me Here". It was a wistfully wowterful experience, of words, song, and condensed version of the OTC. As I watched and listened, I realised that one day I need to find time to watch through the whole OTC from beginning to end as a single event rather than as the frame-by-frame real-time experience that I lived through. But watching and listening to "Rest With Me Here" evoked memories and emotions that highlighted for me the fact that, even though I have been mostly only an observer, I still FEEL part of this community and that I was WITH y'all as it all happened.

Thank you.

(Oh, and it would be remiss of me not to thank everyone for all the OTTifications and OTThercomics and stuff since the last time I gave a generic thank you. I just love the wit and creativity and generosity of the OTT.)

ETA: Thank goodness for Neil_Boekend's comment-eating raptorcat, as I was about to post a comment with an unmatched closing parenthesis. Who knows WHAT havoc that could have wreaked?

Or the raptorcat may have started his second course with the closing parenthesis. Luckily you scared it off by fixing the post.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

WOnder93

Postby WOnder93 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:18 am UTC

Quest progress: 893/1375

I lost a post while writing so let me just ensure y'all that I am still blitzing the One True Thread and I'm enjoying it all :wink: I have been loosing incentive to blitz a bit lately, but hopefully that's going to pass soon...

Anyway, I recently came across this website, which aggregates some detailed statistics on the XKCD fora. It has already been mentioned in this thread, but that was quite long ago. When you look at the graph of forum activity since May 2010, it is obvious how big effect this thread has had. After a steady decline, suddenly a huge spike. If you only look at the Individual XKCD Comic Threads subforum (IXCT), the spike is even more significant. Also, it is obvious that the activity is quickly falling back down after the End of Time.
Now let's look at the statistics for our silent mysterious firend: MobTeeseboose. Few things are interesting here:
1. His/her/its R/W ratio is 5.74 which would indicate that MobTeeseboose in fact does post despite his profile showing 0 posts (assuming "write" here means to post). This might be due to some special unsearchable threads as has already been suggested several times.
2. His/her/its search popularity is unusually high (perhaps thanks to the OTT...).
3. He/she/it is active at many subfora, not only IXCT.
And now let's see his/her/its activity graph in time. He/she/it has only been active since October 2012 and his/her/its activity rose hugely in May this year especially in the IXCT subforum. That could mean MobTeeseboose is actually a lurker of the OTT! :shock: If we filter the graph to writes only, we can see similar pattern in all subforums and only three small bursts (possibly single posts) in the IXCT subforum.
So, I'll let you folks figure out what it all means...

Oh, and it's been a while since I posted OTT Markov chains, so here you go:
Spoiler:
After several days , months , so allow me : And I ' m glad you approved of my internets ( if we should organize a fundraiser to buy it .

Unless they ' re definitely in the wrong way , has anyone thought about contributing I was talking about - she ' d just filled with sand but this is my guess as to whether BlitzGirl signed up to my papacy for us to wait for it now .

It ' s prediction because I am still not sure what would happen when we will have something to get things saved in another episode ,

Very nice work Aubron ) image in a image editing software .

Wondered where you mentioned it much harder than they anticipated so they probably won ' t see the sea has risen .

I don ' t help but think that ' ll run into Blitzgirl as Pope Helper , she says " I AM A DOOMIST < SO I CAN ' T END !

A given 13-year brood will only bring bad news , Trolleypup is solidly heretical , I nearly forgot to remove my name .

This sorta thing is just simple fun in a question .

Anyway just an idea of castles and siege weapons , can I ?

Pretty darn well-equipped for a story , rather than collaborating we should use our computer to tell you I have in the latest frame that I had checked and the river went into a Monty Python and the OTT furry and cute .

It ' s a reference that I know I need to find out that we write .

Another avenue of the dike , maybe there ' s the reason some people try to draw pictures of them ?

Boy am I getting it now :( :cry:.

I hope that my comment won ' t see it .

Can ' t have the nomic system as a result I must coma .

I ' m actually pretty close to the primetime TV schedule does not dig for fallen hazelnuts .

I ' ve been following the thread to be lost .

But SBN posted nearly 100 pages back-to-back again .

I thought of that amount each day !

Now , I ' d stick around to witness wild sand-castle-sex now .

I might not be charming .

They decided to throw support behind mscha ' s certainly no universal standard that covers everyone ' s just not 100 % black .

I can ' t think the river .

but guessing wildly is fun to say this , because it can curl up into the future ?

Forum search is NSFW ( sweary !

But I do find a second castle , He must really be surprised on how strange and wonderful -- mainly because it is somewhat seaish despite being somewhat simple in both math and morse code .

(edited to fix progress)
Last edited by WOnder93 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:59 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
The OTT via Markov chain generator wrote:I've been following the thread to be lost.
Time created Cueball and Megan and says, Well, it's research.

On my quest to catch up with the Present - progress
The Sky of Time || OTT plaintext scraper || Userscript: floating user profile

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:36 am UTC

WOnder93 wrote:Quest progress: 894/1374

I lost a post while writing so let me just ensure y'all that I am still blitzing the One True Thread and I'm enjoying it all :wink: I have been loosing incentive to blitz a bit lately, but hopefully that's going to pass soon...
Spoiler:
Anyway, I recently came across this website, which aggregates some detailed statistics on the XKCD fora. It has already been mentioned in this thread, but that was quite long ago. When you look at the graph of forum activity since May 2010, it is obvious how big effect this thread has had. After a steady decline, suddenly a huge spike. If you only look at the Individual XKCD Comic Threads subforum (IXCT), the spike is even more significant. Also, it is obvious that the activity is quickly falling back down after the End of Time.
Now let's look at the statistics for our silent mysterious firend: MobTeeseboose. Few things are interesting here:
1. His/her/its R/W ratio is 5.74 which would indicate that MobTeeseboose in fact does post despite his profile showing 0 posts (assuming "write" here means to post). This might be due to some special unsearchable threads as has already been suggested several times.
2. His/her/its search popularity is unusually high (perhaps thanks to the OTT...).
3. He/she/it is active at many subfora, not only IXCT.
And now let's see his/her/its activity graph in time. He/she/it has only been active since October 2012 and his/her/its activity rose hugely in May this year especially in the IXCT subforum. That could mean MobTeeseboose is actually a lurker of the OTT! :shock: If we filter the graph to writes only, we can see similar pattern in all subforums and only three small bursts (possibly single posts) in the IXCT subforum.
So, I'll let you folks figure out what it all means...

Oh, and it's been a while since I posted OTT Markov chains, so here you go:
Spoiler:
After several days , months , so allow me : And I ' m glad you approved of my internets ( if we should organize a fundraiser to buy it .

Unless they ' re definitely in the wrong way , has anyone thought about contributing I was talking about - she ' d just filled with sand but this is my guess as to whether BlitzGirl signed up to my papacy for us to wait for it now .

It ' s prediction because I am still not sure what would happen when we will have something to get things saved in another episode ,

Very nice work Aubron ) image in a image editing software .

Wondered where you mentioned it much harder than they anticipated so they probably won ' t see the sea has risen .

I don ' t help but think that ' ll run into Blitzgirl as Pope Helper , she says " I AM A DOOMIST < SO I CAN ' T END !

A given 13-year brood will only bring bad news , Trolleypup is solidly heretical , I nearly forgot to remove my name .

This sorta thing is just simple fun in a question .

Anyway just an idea of castles and siege weapons , can I ?

Pretty darn well-equipped for a story , rather than collaborating we should use our computer to tell you I have in the latest frame that I had checked and the river went into a Monty Python and the OTT furry and cute .

It ' s a reference that I know I need to find out that we write .

Another avenue of the dike , maybe there ' s the reason some people try to draw pictures of them ?

Boy am I getting it now :( :cry:.

I hope that my comment won ' t see it .

Can ' t have the nomic system as a result I must coma .

I ' m actually pretty close to the primetime TV schedule does not dig for fallen hazelnuts .

I ' ve been following the thread to be lost .

But SBN posted nearly 100 pages back-to-back again .

I thought of that amount each day !

Now , I ' d stick around to witness wild sand-castle-sex now .

I might not be charming .

They decided to throw support behind mscha ' s certainly no universal standard that covers everyone ' s just not 100 % black .

I can ' t think the river .

but guessing wildly is fun to say this , because it can curl up into the future ?

Forum search is NSFW ( sweary !

But I do find a second castle , He must really be surprised on how strange and wonderful -- mainly because it is somewhat seaish despite being somewhat simple in both math and morse code .

W00t statistics! If the rope isn't, will the Markov chain be strong enough?

he/him/his

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:40 am UTC

StormAngel wrote:Has anyone OTTified #1017: Backward in Time yet?
If not then I'll wait for it to happen; as ironically I have too little time to do it before I molpy down.

I did however have time to finish making my bed yesterday:

and here's a closeup of the desk a few minutes after I finished it
Spoiler:
Featuring the spoils of 26 Kickstarter and 4 IndieGoGo Campaigns.
and a pronounceable link :D

{P1330}
You need a little sign "Please do not handle the exhibits"
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:53 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:A few things from me in the way of ketchup.
And the OTTcomic:
Spoiler:

{P1330}
Great picture of lake PacMan
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

waveney

LONG

Postby waveney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:38 am UTC

FurLONG!

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:17 am UTC

schwartzbewithyou wrote:Good luck on your interview k.bookbinder! You'll do fantastic.
Just imagine your interviewer as a molpy:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
dog-interview.jpg

typing cat.jpg

ETA: haha i intended for redunda-interview-kitty to say 'y u no believe me' but i just realized the text got cut off. I like it though - makes it sound more lofty.

Thanks Schwartzbewithyou! Although, I am not sure rubbing the interviewers face saying "Who's a good wolpy? Who's a good wolpy? Oh yes you are!" will be the best way to get me a job. I'll try it, though. :lol:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

Swein

Postby Swein » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:23 am UTC

Behold a man that really knows how to wait for it...
http://www.jimdenevan.com/sand.htm#sand_images/
It has a nice philosophical touch. A connection with the OTC, where he peacefully works on something great just to have the irrepressible sea slowly come in and eradicate it all.

The past is full of traps, charms and mirages, but if you just keep up with with what you are doing it will all be fine.

Latent22

Postby Latent22 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:37 am UTC

Time for me to Molpy down.

Good luck with the OTCStory Ong's while I'm gone. hopefully you guys have your molpy detector glasses on.

To help here is an alternative way to view the released OTCStory images:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nv6vx0ew9h8dvuo/hDmFGDk_qp

once you click on one you can quickly next/previous though them or use the left and right arrow keys.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:49 am UTC

Warning, OTTification with reference to T** **D
Spoiler:
The Final frame
Original: The only one by Evanescence

You know it’s not the final frame
When IT all comes crashing down, midframe,
You know it’s not the final frame
When they're so alone they find a back door out of Time.
You know it’s not the final frame.

We're all grieving,
Lost and bleeding.

All of Time,
We've been waiting
For a Timeframe from the server.
All your frames,
I'm not believing.
Randall give a new frame to me.

So afraid to open the page, hypnotized.
You know you're not the only one
Never understood this end.
And you're right, I don't deserve
But I know it’s not the final frame.

We're all grieving,
Lost and bleeding.

All of Time,
We've been waiting
All your frames,
I'm not believing.

Don't spoil back,
Don't tell it to the blitzers behind you.
Don't spoil back, you'll down them,
You've become a spoiler.

Page by page.
Can't hold onto the fear that I'm lost without IT.
If I can't wait, I'm not mine,
I'm not real.

All of Time,
We've been waiting
All your frames,
I'm not believing.

When I heard The Islander and read The Timewaiter something must have awakened in me. I misheard heard Amy Lee sing "All of Time, we've been waiting" (it is "All our lives, we've been waiting" and after that some of the other lyrics came by themselves, especially "You know it’s not the f***** frame".

he/him/his

svenman

Postby svenman » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:02 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
svenman wrote:TheMinim, have you noticed I did a Tim Minchin ottification with the second one?

Yep - liked it too! :D

Glad to hear it, because it was you who gave me the idea in the first place. :)
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:26 pm UTC

WOnder93 wrote:Oh, and it's been a while since I posted OTT Markov chains, so here you go:

By my understanding of Markov chains (which is limited and confused), these are remarkably coherent. And fun!

In outside news, I got introduced to a member of public today as "the Engineer", as if I knew what I was doing. I'm not ready to stop being a student yet.
He/Him/His Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:29 pm UTC

HES wrote:
WOnder93 wrote:Oh, and it's been a while since I posted OTT Markov chains, so here you go:

By my understanding of Markov chains (which is limited and confused), these are remarkably coherent. And fun!

In outside news, I got introduced to a member of public today as "the Engineer", as if I knew what I was doing. I'm not ready to stop being a student yet.

I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:55 pm UTC

HES wrote:

A true engineer never stops learning. Being an engineer is just the next step in your education. Engineering is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's lot to know BBcode, but that's just peanuts to engineering.

he/him/his

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm UTC

This graph really makes the OTT even more impressive. It's interesting to note that with onlywrites set to off there is a huge spike at the start, but with it on it's a much more steady and continuous expansion. This suggests there were a lot of lurkers in the beginning (more than there are now definitely) but it also suggests that our output hasn't greatly diminished.

k.bookbinder wrote:To calm my nerves, I am listening to Rest With Me Here and reading A (mostly fictional) Autobiography of My Mind. Has anyone else ever heard of it? :wink:

Yay! I was so excited to see that someone bought my book!!! PM me to let me know what you think if you want. It's not time related though so this is off topic. Shhhh!
Last edited by jovialbard on Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:04 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:16 pm UTC

Another Ottification, dedicated to all of the creativity in the OTT; with all due respect to Kyle Andrews and his bright and fun song (of which I'm using the same title because it is what it is) You Always Make Me Smile

You Always Make Me Smile

I like your basement snair
I like the hats you wear
I like the way you sing
And when you wait for it
Spoiler:
I don't know why I love you
I just know I can't stop thinking of you
Oh wait, it's 'cause you make me smile
You always make me smile

I like that rainbow flair
Of blitz posts that you share
I like the chance you take
I like the pics you make

You always make me smile

I like that rainbow flair
Of blitz posts that you share
I like the way you sing
And when you wait for it
I like the ongs you fake
And when you wait for it
I like to ottificate#
And when you wait for it
I like the cakes you bake
And when you wait for it
I like the chance you take
So won't you wait for it
You always make me smile
You always make me smile

#When I came up with that it really sounds like a bad thing, but it is just the act of making an OTT-inspired derivative work, something that many of us like doing and others of us like enjoying :)

(I tried doing a search through the forum for any other ottifications of this song to make sure I wasn't duplicating effort, and while the search for "Kyle Andrews" was very riverish (no results), the search for "you always make me smile" was very seaish as there have been lots of posts about things which always make you and me smile; so unless someone who has better forum groking skills and can prove otherwise I'm just going to assume that this is not duplication)

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:31 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:(I tried doing a search through the forum for any other ottifications of this song to make sure I wasn't duplicating effort, and while the search for "Kyle Andrews" was very riverish (no results), the search for "you always make me smile" was very seaish as there have been lots of posts about things which always make you and me smile; so unless someone who has better forum groking skills and can prove otherwise I'm just going to assume that this is not duplication)

Duplottifications are no problem IMHO. The different OTTers will always give a different twist to it. This applies to variations in the air density1 as well as variations in the electromagnetic field2.

1 Songs
2 images

he/him/his

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:02 pm UTC

And now my first attempt at an Otter comic (please excuse the mad drawing skillz)

OTT trivia: most people will just give you funny looks either way. They just don't understand

Redundant:
Spoiler:
extended_mind_ott.png
OTT trivia: most people will just give you funny looks either way. They just don't understand

waveney

LONGish

Postby waveney » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

LONGish

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:11 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
airdrik wrote:(I tried doing a search through the forum for any other ottifications of this song to make sure I wasn't duplicating effort, and while the search for "Kyle Andrews" was very riverish (no results), the search for "you always make me smile" was very seaish as there have been lots of posts about things which always make you and me smile; so unless someone who has better forum groking skills and can prove otherwise I'm just going to assume that this is not duplication)

Duplottifications are no problem IMHO. The different OTTers will always give a different twist to it. This applies to variations in the air density1 as well as variations in the electromagnetic field2.

1 Songs
2 images

I get that, I just want to make sure that if there is another similar variation that mine is sufficiently different to warrant posting again, otherwise it's just the same thing with a couple words different.

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:15 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:... otherwise it's just the same thing with a couple words different.
But it would be a couple of different words different, in a different way. And a couple of words makes all the difference. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:33 pm UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:58 pm UTC

Now that is a molpy!
He/Him/His Image

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:03 pm UTC

Swein wrote:Behold a man that really knows how to wait for it...
http://www.jimdenevan.com/sand.htm#sand_images/
It has a nice philosophical touch. A connection with the OTC, where he peacefully works on something great just to have the irrepressible sea slowly come in and eradicate it all.

That is so cool... I wish I had the time for that sort of thing.

And... newslide.
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

schwartzbewithyou

Postby schwartzbewithyou » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:12 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
HES wrote:

I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.

Thank you for that statement Dracomax... so accurate it's going in my sig!
Dracomax wrote:I've been out of school for 5 years, and I'm still trying to figure out why everyone keeps acting like I know what I'm doing.

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right/I hope you had the time of your life.

magma pixie

Postby magma pixie » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:12 pm UTC

Happy 100 posts, airdrik!

100 cake.jpg

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 pm UTC

magma pixie wrote:Happy 100 posts, airdrik!

100 cake.jpg

Oh, hey. It appears I have 100 (well, now 101) posts! Thanks!
I hadn't even noticed, but I appreciate that someone did, and now I get cake to share with all of the wowterful people here in the OTT who always make me smile :)

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:21 pm UTC

Sorry I have been gone a while, lost my job, but I have a new one now :D

How are things going here in the OTT?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)
Tools of the OTT and OTC:
Map-Newpix Viewer-OTT Stats-Vytron Comic Sciscitor graphs

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:Sorry I have been gone a while, lost my job, but I have a new one now :D

Welcome back, and congrats on the new source of income and interesting things to do!

The OTT is swimmingly good; a bit different since the... event... but it's become a real artists community here. And there's BlitzGirl's basement... I have no idea what's going on down there, but it's guarded by her molpy army. Could be kinky. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:31 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Opiboble wrote:Sorry I have been gone a while, lost my job, but I have a new one now :D

Welcome back, and congrats on the new source of income and interesting things to do!

The OTT is swimmingly good; a bit different since the... event... but it's become a real artists community here. And there's BlitzGirl's basement... I have no idea what's going on down there, but it's guarded by her molpy army. Could be kinky. :)

Jose

The basement sounds like fun, what do I gotta do to get in?
Sea1(Big) River2(Small) Tree3(Neat) Camp4(Old) River5(Pretty Neat) Place6(beautiful & empty) Found7(Ribbit) Bigtree8(It knows)

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 pm UTC

WARNING:
Seaish ketchup ahead.

Eternal Density wrote:Here's anOTTher! This time I was lazy and used capslock instead of shift. You can hardly tell the difference!
Spoiler:
And anOTTher!

Haha, treeish! I laughed out loud at both. :mrgreen:

ggh wrote:Even my daughter stopped eating her book and looked as contemplative as an eleven-month-old can.

LOL... babies. Was it one of those hard-paged cardboard books? Sounds adorable.

ggh wrote:The outside has been nuts lately, and I don't know when I'll be able to enjoy any condimentational forays - maybe not for a while, but I hope you don't mind if I dip into the present now and then in the meantime. I miss y'all.

We've missed you too, ggh! Anyone is always welcome in the present with no requirements for condimenting. <3

@jovialbard: *gasp* You have an avatar! AND IT'S HATTED!! :D
@k.bookbinder: Yipes, job hunting is definitely not fun. Good luck with your interview!! You'll smash it.
@BlitzGirl: Oooh, that OTTercomic is impressive. Not just new text, but you added a bit of artistry to it, too. Chirping awesomeful!
@HES: is that your hamster on the keyboard? xD
@AluisioASG: Oh me yarm Courage the Cowardly Dog! I miss that show soooo much.

patzer wrote:Obviously, I would like the latter possibility to be true. I guess I'll have to
Spoiler:
wait for it.

Chirping... wow. I didn't realize how much I missed the 'Wait for It' spoilers until people started fooling with me. You just gave me a breath of fresh air, Patzer. Also... hi. ;)

@WOnder93: Randallspeed! I love your analysis on MobTeeseBoose. Maybe he/she/it is the spy!
@Swein: thanks for posting the link to the Art of Jim Denevan. I have now successfully lost another 20 minutes of workH and ketchup time browsing it. Wowterful things there.
@Neil_bookend: lovely OTTification song
@airdrik: I love the hats you wear. Neat filking!

Latent22 wrote:Good luck with the OTCStory Ong's while I'm gone. hopefully you guys have your molpy detector glasses on.

Gah, where is mscha when we need him?! MOLPY HUNTING, GO! *newpixbot? helloooo? are you there?*

jovialbard wrote:Yay! I was so excited to see that someone bought my book!!!

I'd gladly buy the .epub or .mobi from you for my NookColor! I just don't have a kindle. :cry:
Last edited by Valarya on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:33 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
ucim wrote:

Jose

You'd have to try to leave again! haha :-) Actually, I thought that's where you must have been all this time...
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:

I'd gladly buy the .epub or .mobi from you for my NookColor! I just don't have a kindle. :'(

You can always get the app on your phone, or computer.

@Jovialbard: I would buy it if I had spare monies, but I am behind on my bills. I will try and remember to pick it up next month!

ETA:

Kieryn wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
ucim wrote:

Jose

You'd have to try to leave again! haha :-) Actually, I thought that's where you must have been all this time...

Nope, she spared me so I could job hunt.
Last edited by Opiboble on Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
ucim wrote:

Jose

It's like Hotel California (Hotel OTT) - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave ;)

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:38 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
ucim wrote:

Jose

He probably partied too hard and forgot. I hear that basement is quite the scene.

Ninja'd and airdrik's is better :)
(Wait wait, HOTTel, eh? eh? :wink: )
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:40 pm UTC

airdrik wrote:
Kieryn wrote:

It's like Hotel California (Hotel OTT) - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave ;)

jovialbard wrote:He probably partied too hard and forgot. I hear that basement is quite the scene.

Ninja'd and airdrik's is better :)
(Wait wait, HOTTel, eh? eh? :wink: )

Both are good :P

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:41 pm UTC

Opiboble wrote:
Valarya wrote:

I'd gladly buy the .epub or .mobi from you for my NookColor! I just don't have a kindle. :'(

I even have the app on my phone. I'm brilliant, apparently. Hah!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Opiboble
It's Machine Code.

Postby Opiboble » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:43 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:
Opiboble wrote:
Valarya wrote:

I even have the app on my phone. I'm brilliant, apparently. Hah!

It's okay, I derp all the time. "I am bored" *Looks on phone for something to do* "I wish I had a book to read" 5 min later... "DERP!"

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”