1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mscha

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:30 pm UTC

LONGTHENER...

-- posted by newpixbot

ETA: Electric Pope! Decree: bow for your newpixoverlordprotectorssee.

see Angelastic's post below
Last edited by mscha on Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:33 pm UTC

Ooh! I was hoping this would happen. Lucky gets to play Frogger with Princess Pricklymolp!

What's an AS, in the context of A levels?

Also, I, for one, welcome our new pixbot overlords. (Did I say overlords? I meant popector)
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

VoronX

Postby VoronX » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:Okay, I'm thinking about an idea for a meetup... We're across the world, so I was thinking maybe a 5 city meet, with Skype used to unite the cities.

The 5 places I had in mind were:

USA, west coast (San Francisco?)
USA, east coast (NYC?)
Europe (Marseille. Of course)
South America (?)
australia (?)

Of course the exact locations/cities might be adjusted depending on proximity / level of interest, and maybe we could add one or two more.

For the date, I suggest the anniversary of The End (July 26th 2014) with something like this timing to avoid the 4am curse.

I'm suggesting the end rather than the beginning because July tends to be more a time of year for traveling and such anyway.

Let me know what y'all think. If there isn't too much objection, I will start setting something up more official. The earlier it's planned the better the chance of people showing up IMO

For the east coast, Washington, DC is a little more central, especially if there are people coming from Florida, etc.
A humble Pilgrim0 awash in the Sea1 of TimeS, unstuck, observing the wonderful Stars therin . . . waiting for IT.
0 - Billy
1 - BIG
S - Like a River2?

2 - small, and a host of other adjectives

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

jovialbard wrote:
Spoiler:
HES wrote:Molpying up to a fire alarm test :x
ChronosDragon wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I did notice ChronosDragon used the term "mid-west" to describe going from California to Utah. When you're west of that North/South line of the eastern borders of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico; you're in the "West" (at least until you start coming down the western side of the Rockies, then you're on the "West Coast") and East of that line you're in the "Great Plains" States (at least to Oklahoma and South) 'til you get to the Mississippi River. And once you cross "Ol' Man River", then you're in the "Mid-west" ("What?" I know that one has always gotten me. The "mid-west" is east of the Mississippi River.) Yes, I know I'm forgetting about the "South", the "Appalachian" states, the "East Coast" and "New England". (Westerners like to remind folks from the "East" that we have counties larger than some states in the east. And then the folks from Alaska start chiming in....)

Eh, I'm from Washington. Everything east of me, I consider "mid-west", or east coast. Or south, if it's below kentucky or so. West is Washington, Oregon, and California, only :P

The US is a big country, you're allowed to have descriptional differences. The UK North-south debate (which I have to admit to being part to, though my "border" has shifted considerably north since going to university) is far more ridiculous. In my hometown, the north begins when you cross the Thames. If I were in yappoville and called Nottingham northern, I'd be lynched...

That's probably just a matter of missing the object though. Nottingham is in Northern England, it's just not in Northern Britain, right? Am I using those terms correctly? I feel like playing a few hundred hours of Europa Universalis III and Medieval: Total War II (with expansions) has at least given me a passable understanding of European history and geography :lol: (I suppose I should add in comparison to many Americans :) ). On the other hand, America is just America, it isn't the union of united countries, (it was sort of that under the articles of confederation, but that certainly didn't include Washington). So I think the people that call themselves mid-westerners are mid-westerners, and there is some consensus on that out there.

The designations in the US have also changed over time, or not changed though they should have. I think it is Univ. of Michigan's fight song that refers itself as "The best of the Northwest." I also heard recently about "The West" referring at one time to starting in Buffalo, NY. But yeah, Chronosdragon, you don't live in the west, you live on the West Coast. (Unless you live in the Palouse, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.) So everyone in those three states goes east to get to the West. (Sometimes called the Old West, though there isn't a New West that I know of.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:53 pm UTC

Angelastic wrote:What's an AS, in the context of A levels?

It's a qualification you get after one year, like half an A-level. Most people drop a subject at this point, and continue the others to A2, a full A-level.
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:10 pm UTC

Firstly: I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST WOOHOO! Driving is this thing outsiders do where they get in a metal box and make it go places, because for some reason outsiders feel the need to go to other places rather than just stay around in the OTT like decent normal people. Anyway, such a relief to have passed. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. I started learning at 18 and I'm now 21, that's three years of being a student driver. It's a huge relief to finally take those L plates off after all that time. LIFTS FOR EVERYONE!
Spoiler:

And now for a quick riverish ketchup! Image
@BlitzGirl, those carved ottermolpies were wowterful! Thanks for finding and sharing.
Eternal Density wrote:Okay time to OTTify, like it's 1999!
Spoiler:

:mrgreen: Brilliant one! Your others are all great too!
Tatiana wrote:I did another frame coloring, but I can't seem to attach it here. I think I did something wrong making it. But here is a link.

Lovely one!
waveney wrote:Todays othercomic took some time to ottify:
Spoiler:

:lol: Excellent speedy OTTing!
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:16 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Firstly: I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST WOOHOO! Driving is this thing outsiders do where they get in a metal box and make it go places, because for some reason outsiders feel the need to go to other places rather than just stay around in the OTT like decent normal people. Anyway, such a relief to have passed. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. I started learning at 18 and I'm now 21, that's three years of being a student driver. It's a huge relief to finally take those L plates off after all that time. LIFTS FOR EVERYONE!

Congratulations! I started learning at 17, passed at 17, and haven't driven since. Cars (read: insurance) are expensive :(
He/Him/His Image

Angelastic

Postby Angelastic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:17 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Angelastic wrote:What's an AS, in the context of A levels?

It's a qualification you get after one year, like half an A-level. Most people drop a subject at this point, and continue the others to A2, a full A-level.

That's interesting; I'd never thought of A levels as being two-year things before, but I guess that makes sense since you dodid O-levels two years before them.

Ooh! Yappobiscuits is giving everyone free elevators! ;)

didI just learnt that O levels were replaced with GCSE and IGCSE exams in 1988. Do you think that ghost schools over there have Spirit Levels? You have ghost schools, right, next to the wizard schools?
Knight Temporal, and Archdeacon of buttermongery and ham and cheese sandwiches. Nobody sells butter except through me.
Image Smiley by yappobiscuits. Avatar by GLR, buffygirl, BlitzGirl & mscha, with cari.j.elliot's idea.
Haiku Detector
starts a trend to make way for
my robot army.

JGeezer

Postby JGeezer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:20 pm UTC

SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
jovialbard wrote:[spoiler]
HES wrote:Molpying up to a fire alarm test :x
ChronosDragon wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I did notice ChronosDragon used the term "mid-west" to describe going from California to Utah. When you're west of that North/South line of the eastern borders of Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and New Mexico; you're in the "West" (at least until you start coming down the western side of the Rockies, then you're on the "West Coast") and East of that line you're in the "Great Plains" States (at least to Oklahoma and South) 'til you get to the Mississippi River. And once you cross "Ol' Man River", then you're in the "Mid-west" ("What?" I know that one has always gotten me. The "mid-west" is east of the Mississippi River.) Yes, I know I'm forgetting about the "South", the "Appalachian" states, the "East Coast" and "New England". (Westerners like to remind folks from the "East" that we have counties larger than some states in the east. And then the folks from Alaska start chiming in....)

Eh, I'm from Washington. Everything east of me, I consider "mid-west", or east coast. Or south, if it's below kentucky or so. West is Washington, Oregon, and California, only :P

The US is a big country, you're allowed to have descriptional differences. The UK North-south debate (which I have to admit to being part to, though my "border" has shifted considerably north since going to university) is far more ridiculous. In my hometown, the north begins when you cross the Thames. If I were in yappoville and called Nottingham northern, I'd be lynched...

That's probably just a matter of missing the object though. Nottingham is in Northern England, it's just not in Northern Britain, right? Am I using those terms correctly? I feel like playing a few hundred hours of Europa Universalis III and Medieval: Total War II (with expansions) has at least given me a passable understanding of European history and geography :lol: (I suppose I should add in comparison to many Americans :) ). On the other hand, America is just America, it isn't the union of united countries, (it was sort of that under the articles of confederation, but that certainly didn't include Washington). So I think the people that call themselves mid-westerners are mid-westerners, and there is some consensus on that out there.

The designations in the US have also changed over time
Spoiler:
, or not changed though they should have. I think it is Univ. of Michigan's fight song that refers itself as "The best of the Northwest." I also heard recently about "The West" referring at one time to starting in Buffalo, NY. But yeah, Chronosdragon, you don't live in the west, you live on the West Coast. (Unless you live in the Palouse, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.) So everyone in those three states goes east to get to the West. (Sometimes called the Old West, though there isn't a New West that I know of.
)

Ahem. Everybody knows "West" starts just past the Hudson River.

Past that, fuggedaboudit.

Redundantly redundant:
Spoiler:
Redundant.jpg

new-york-center-of-the-universe-new-yorker-cover-steinberg1.jpg
Image All you molpys, get off my lawn!

San Fran Sam

Postby San Fran Sam » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:34 pm UTC

Actually, according to Phil, Phil, David, and Peter (RIP), it's the Department of Redundancy Department.

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:51 pm UTC

It's nice to see these glimpses of the future on my slow journey from the before-times.

I've made it to 200/1389
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Kieryn

Postby Kieryn » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:10 pm UTC

pelrigg wrote:Another tree-ish OTTcomic there ED. I see the lastest trend is to put OTTers in the comic...

I just spent some time learning some more about GIMP. (Yeah, I down-loaded both GIMP and Paint.NET one dip here recently.)
So, here's a OTTcolorization. (Having fun pushing buttons and seeing what happens. Can't wait til I can figure out some of the more wowderful stuffs inside these two programs...)
M Frame 174

Ooh that one is lovely.

- Quick newslide notification -
Obelisk - 6
Image- Kieryn

Director, Time Foundation Data Analysis Department
http://its-all-related.org

airdrik

Postby airdrik » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Firstly: I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST WOOHOO!

Congratulations!
yappobiscuits wrote:Driving is this thing outsiders do where they get in a metal box and make it go places, because for some reason outsiders feel the need to go to other places rather than just stay around in the OTT like decent normal people.

Or in other words, why would anyone want to go to other places when you can go to OTTer places!
<ducks as blitzgirl swings her chainsaw in my direction>

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:52 pm UTC

Kieryn wrote:- Quick newslide notification -
Obelisk - 6

Don't know if it's because I just finished a book of his stories, but I'm definitely getting an H.P. Lovecraft vibe (or whoever is his UK counterpart).
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

JGeezer

Postby JGeezer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 pm UTC

Redundant with sorta kittys
Spoiler:
Redundant4.gif

NewOtter2.jpg

higgs-boson

Postby higgs-boson » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:14 pm UTC

JGeezer wrote:THE NEW OTTER

I find this point to be made with exceptional accuracy. (thumps up)
Apostolic Visitator, Holiest of Holy Fun-Havers
You have questions about XKCD: "Time"? There's a whole Wiki dedicated to it!

Ximenez

Postby Ximenez » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:15 pm UTC

WatchONG

JGeezer: You nailed it.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:17 pm UTC

Ooh a floating thing! Lucky can get on the floaty thing!
JGeezer wrote:
Spoiler:

Haha, great. And accurate.

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Blindpost from NP1337

Postby Earthling on Mars » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:23 pm UTC

OTThercomic time!

redundant
Spoiler:

molpyrolled_ideas.png
molpyrolled_ideas.png (5.92 KiB) Viewed 11092 times

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Image Oooh, curse you Earthling! :P

HES

Re: Blindpost from NP1337

Postby HES » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:26 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:redundant
Spoiler:
trolling_yappo.png

molpyrolled_ideas.png

no no, I'm not falling for that one...
He/Him/His Image

Pfhorrest

Postby Pfhorrest » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:33 pm UTC

This is the content of Earthling's broken spoiler tag because fuck you that's why:

EDIT to note: the first image in his spoiler would actually have been a broken image if you could view his spoiler properly (because it was the "view" link in an [img] tag), but I fixed it so nobody would think it was my fault.
Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
The Codex Quaerendae (my philosophy) - The Chronicles of Quelouva (my fiction)

Soup

Postby Soup » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm UTC

I'm back after a couple dips and a wipend away. If I missed any blitzers...

Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:28 pm UTC

JGeezer wrote:
Spoiler:

Nice job JGeezer!

Kieryn - treeish new obelisk frame! Was the video there before? If so, I missed it. I can't draw at all, so I love watching those things - it's like a little magic show to me. Nifty!

And Congrats on your license, Yappo! Road trip!
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

jovialbard

Postby jovialbard » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Spoiler:
trolling_yappo.png

molpyrolled_ideas.png

Beware the blue spoiler!
I wrote a book exploring the nature of identity and loss of self! And another book about babies!
Also, vlog and short-story blog

free-bee

Postby free-bee » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:13 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Spoiler:
trolling_yappo.png

molpyrolled_ideas.png

I fell right into it. As for my OTTification, I have a pounding headache caused by not enough coma. I may not make one today. And I am going to a funeral tomorrow, but I am more likely to OTTify stuff afterwards.
my sister wrote:[the sun] can go to Hell and brighten that place up a while.

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1376

Postby azule » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:04 pm UTC

For my pre-(OTT only whole number) celebration, the following:
Spoiler:
I guess I might admit (to myself) that I've been dealing with the E** of Time by bringing it into the Outside. I've been a molpy a rather lot lately. I just asked my girlfriend if she would be a sad molpy if I didn't share some pie with her. She said it. Then I asked her if she could spot the molpy (in my pants). Yes, all said out loud. LMAO! Then I called her a molpy hunter. I'm preembarrased now. :oops:

Neil_Boekend wrote:Warning, OTTification with reference to T** **D
Spoiler:
The Final frame
Original: The only one by Evanescence

You know it’s not the final frame
When IT all comes crashing down, midframe,
You know it’s not the final frame
When they're so alone they find a back door out of Time.
You know it’s not the final frame.

We're all grieving,
Lost and bleeding.

All of Time,
We've been waiting
For a Timeframe from the server.
All your frames,
I'm not believing.
Randall give a new frame to me.

So afraid to open the page, hypnotized.
You know you're not the only one
Never understood this end.
And you're right, I don't deserve
But I know it’s not the final frame.

We're all grieving,
Lost and bleeding.

All of Time,
We've been waiting
All your frames,
I'm not believing.

Don't spoil back,
Don't tell it to the blitzers behind you.
Don't spoil back, you'll down them,
You've become a spoiler.

Page by page.
Can't hold onto the fear that I'm lost without IT.
If I can't wait, I'm not mine,
I'm not real.

All of Time,
We've been waiting
All your frames,
I'm not believing.

Didn't see a response to this. It deserved one. Even positive. I actually read this one (not knowing the tune) and with the usual not loading up !yt to hear it, and it was good. Wish to one day hear it with the correct melody. I love Evanescence. Thanks.
Edit:Ninja'd by yappobiscuits.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

ggh

ADD... OTT...

Postby ggh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:27 pm UTC

Based on 1106:
Title text: 20 balloons float away while I'm busy permanently tying one to a tree to deal with it for good. Unfortunately, that one balloon was 'try to stay ketchupped on the One True Thread.'
Spoiler:
balloons.png
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Postby mscha » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm UTC

⁴ OTTherComics, ED!
Trippy colorization, pelrigg!
Awefulsome colorization, Tatiana!
⁷some OTTherComic, waveney!
Awesomeful OTTherComic, superluminal, and redundantly Neil!

superluminal wrote:
mscha wrote:
Spot Lucky
based on Daft Punk's Get Lucky
Spoiler:
We've been walking from the seaboard
And found a molpy keyboard
We thought it would be friendly (uh)
Instead it did attack me
(Look)

We've come too far to give up where we are
So let's raise our dilgunnerang to the stars

He's up all night 'til the sun
She's comaing to get some
He's up all night not for fun
He's up all night to spot Lucky

We're up all night 'til the sun
We're comaing to get some
We're up all night not for fun
We're up all night to spot Lucky

The molpy kept attacking
Its claws kept on clawing
She whacked it till it fleed
It scratched her on the knee (ow)

He's up all night 'til the sun
She's comaing to get some
He's up all night not for fun
He's up all night to spot Lucky

We're up all night to spot

We're up all night to spot lucky

She's up all night 'til the sun
He's comaing to get some
She's up all night not for fun
She's up all night to spot Lucky

I was just listening to this album, but had to mentally change the lyrics during this song. I like yours better. :) I thought that a music videOTT would be nice and started planning one, but then I found out out that you've made one already! Those stars change colors to the beat! Awesome...

Thanks. It didn't quite work out as nice as I hoped, though. (The colors are too subtle, and the timing of an animated GIF isn't reliable enough.)
superluminal wrote:There's another quite Related song on that album: Fragments of Time.
And here's a lazy OTTification of the lyrics - didn't have to change much...
Spoiler:
Surfing this thread down to paradise,
Keeping the sunlight from our eyes
Our only plan is to ottify

And it's crystal clear that I don't ever want it to end
If I had my way, I would never leave
Keep building these wowterful things
Turning our days into melodies
And since I can stay...

I'll just keep playing back
These fragments of time
Everywhere I go, these moments will shine
These fragments of time

Familiar faces I've never seen
Living the gold and the silver dream
Making me feel like I'm seventeen*

These fragments of time
These fragments of time
These moments will shine

Treeish!

StormAngel wrote:A belated Othercomic alert:
GLR wrote:Exoplanet Names

I'm surprised he didn't include 'This Land' :cry:

I'm shocked that none of these were listed (with one trivial exception).
Treeish (and seaish) work on the OTTherfication, waveney!

Congrats on your driver's license, yappo!
⁷terful (and oh so true) OTTherNewOtterification, JGeezer!
⁴ OTTherComic, Earthling!
That's a sad somethingification, ggh...

And finally...

Mustard Report

My TimeAfterTime page (and the viewer, when you click on any of the image links) now keep track of the original and current version of any of Latent22's images, and detect mustard fixes.
So far:
  • POTM0003: Megan and Cueball were redrawn (or more likely, reC&P'd).
  • POTM0004: Some text, and a smiley, were added to the taunting of HES.
  • lucky0001: Dream added.
  • lucky0002: Some changes in anti-aliasing.
  • lucky0003: Some changes in anti-aliasing.
  • lucky0015: Otter added. (Also in the next 2 frames, but that happened before they were ONGed.)
And oh so exciting, looks like Lucky (and Snapy) will be saved! Image
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

JGeezer

Postby JGeezer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

FloatONG to the island!

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:15 pm UTC

JGeezer wrote:FloatONG to the island!

Saved by the shack - yay!
Agatha the Awesomeful

azule
Saved

Blind-Post NP1378

Postby azule » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:23 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
azule wrote:
macraw83 wrote:I started at the front page, as usual

Hopefully you've found your happiness in your blitz by now, so my question to you is: why do you start at page 1 instead of, say, page 1101 or 876 or wherever you last left off? When you start on page 1, how do get back to your starting point? Why the extra step?

Um, I always start there because, I guess, that's the bookmark I saved. Then I have to hunt for where I was last. Didn't think it could be done more easily. :oops: (Well, I sort of did think it could, but never looked into it.) Is there some sort of magical way to get to the page you were on last? Do you just bookmark that page?

Thanks for the reply. That's more efficient than waiting for macraw83 to see this. heh. To answer your question, I never close this tab. When/if Firefox/laptop crashes Firefox kindly loads up all the tabs I had open before.

BlitzGirl wrote:
azule wrote:On the naming...I also have an aversion to the combo names. I hope I never did use them.

You have never used "Megball," and have used "Cuegan" exactly once:

azule wrote:Maybe the other molpies are an emotional tie to the destruction of the flood (as we hadn't seen the Cuegan 38 it wouldn't matter too much with them).

Which is pretty impressive as I use it all the time. Cuegan Cuegan cuegan cuegan Cuegan cuegan (Is cuegan a verb?) Cuegan. Image

I feel so exposed. :P But, while true, only said in the context of the C40. In the future I will have had said it again. In the same context. I guess it is because you branded the tribe as such and it is an honor to use the word since your wonderful work identifying them all.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past...... Schizoblitz: 115/2601 NP

Ketchup ketchdown ketchup ketchdown

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm UTC

The Sea of Acknowledgement
@AlusisioASG: Treeish new avatar! I think it needs something... Image
@JGeezer: The New OTTer cover was just awesomeful.
@waveney: Wowterful work on the OTTercomics!
@Tatiana: I love the colors you used in your OTColored frame! They make me happy, and fit with the feel of the Second Sandcastle.
@Eternal Density: The 1999 OTTercomic was awesomeful! You know what's neat? Trees. And also that OTTercomic!
@pelrigg: Wingish OTColored frame! Reminds me of fireflybees. I really liked your mashup, too.
@superluminal: "Fragments of Time" is a treeish song - you're right, it really doesn't need much ottification.
@ggh: The captions on your OTTercomic balloons were great, but nooo, the "Make OTT Art" balloon is so far away! Catch it, catch it!

On the epilogue sequence: we're now in the tenth iteration of the pattern that I used for "When Time is Gone" so it's definitely not a single-digit-only sort of thing. Like slinches, I am holding out for 14 repetitions now. :)

yappobiscuits wrote:Firstly: I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST WOOHOO! Driving is this thing outsiders do where they get in a metal box and make it go places, because for some reason outsiders feel the need to go to other places rather than just stay around in the OTT like decent normal people. Anyway, such a relief to have passed. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it. I started learning at 18 and I'm now 21, that's three years of being a student driver. It's a huge relief to finally take those L plates off after all that time. LIFTS FOR EVERYONE!
Woo! Congrats! Drive over here and pick me up! Image (There's some ocean in the way, but a raftcastle will help with that part.)

azule wrote:For my pre-(OTT only whole number) celebration, the following:
Spoiler:
I guess I might admit (to myself) that I've been dealing with the E** of Time by bringing it into the Outside. I've been a molpy a rather lot lately. I just asked my girlfriend if she would be a sad molpy if I didn't share some pie with her. She said it. Then I asked her if she could spot the molpy (in my pants). Yes, all said out loud. LMAO! Then I called her a molpy hunter. I'm preembarrased now. :oops:

D'aww. Image
The molpies are molpying about outside! Molpy molpy molpy molpy...
Speaking of molpies...

HES wrote:Blitzgirl (or someone equally talented), could you draw me a (static) top down version of one of these guys? I need them to OTTify something.
ImageImage
There's a box of kittens and a box of kittens in it for you.

Hmm...did you mean something like this?

Redundant:
Spoiler:

OverheadMolpy.png
OverheadMolpy.png (15.12 KiB) Viewed 10795 times

Keywords: overhead molpy view top down BGUM bird's eye above aerial
redundant122.png
redundant122.png (52.05 KiB) Viewed 10795 times
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

I know just enough USA geography to get the original joke.

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Enjoyed! But I'm curious as to how the bottom part of some of the names has been mustarded out.
JGeezer wrote:
Spoiler:
[The New OTTer]
Treeish, but wouldn't it go internet->xkcd->OTC->OTT? The OTT isn't between xkcd and the OTC, I think, and the OTT is furthest from reality :mrgreen:

ETA: I've been reading up on CyanogenMod as a possibility for my Android device. Its launcher replacement is called "Trebuchet" :D
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:56 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

yappobiscuits

Re: Ketchup ketchdown ketchup ketchdown

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Woo! Congrats! Drive over here and pick me up! Image (There's some ocean in the way, but a raftcastle will help with that part.)

Thanks! Sure, ok! You don't even need a license for a raftcastle, it'll be easy!

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:02 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:try the TeX approach
What is the TeX approach? If it's like that script thing that xkcd uses to make pages take lots longer to load while they render math formulas... well... maybe I'll go missed approach and try VFR. Or I could try the TeXas1 approach... make everything bigger. :)

Been enjoying them otties! One day I'll get around to doing one myself.

Jose
Spoiler:
Texas is a state in the US known for thinking everything it does is bigger and better than anything else. It's the largest state in the United States (except for one other, but they don't talk about that one!) Rhode Island is the smallest state in the US.

A Texan is bragging to a Rhode Islander about how big Texas is: "In Texas, you can get on a train in the morning, ride all day, ride all night, and still be in Texas". The Rhode Islander replies "Yeah, we got slow trains where I come from too."

A Texan submitted a purchase order to Rhode Island for a gross of condoms, twelve inches long. When they arrived, they were in a box marked "medium".
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

JGeezer

Re: I know just enough USA geography to get the original jok

Postby JGeezer » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Treeish, but wouldn't it go internet->xkcd->OTC->OTT? The OTT isn't between xkcd and the OTC, I think, and the OTT is furthest from reality :mrgreen:

I was thinking more in terms radiating out from the center of the universe, which is why the OTC is central to all. Do you DARE suggest our pathetic contributions even compare to the awesomeful great creation of the Great Lord R..... (wow! I almost slipped and said his name aloud, I don't want to be stoned!) (Well, actually, that's not at all true, "I don't want to be the target of a stoning", yeah, that's better).

PeterSheil

Postby PeterSheil » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

Quick update: page 380 out of 1389 ... down to 1009 pages to go. At this rate ... I don't want to think when I'll finish. Megan is commaing on the middle level of the sandcastle and a little face is just about to peek in from the edge to look at her.

I am quite frankly amazed at:
a. the amount of background work being done on this to produce ever more complex statistics and image comparisons,
b. the number of hats being produced, and
c. the friendliness of everyone (although one sig hints of future stalk-off-in-a-huffiness).
Well done everyone, I'm just sad I didn't know you sooner :)

My ketchup is going to take a pause this week as, for the next four days, I will be working on a client's site learning all I need to know about Safemove (by a company called Birdstep); instead of the walk to my office of 20 seconds when I'm working at home I'll be spending something like four hours each day travelling from north London to somewhere near(ish) to Gatwick airport south of London ... what fun. At least the weather is forecast to be fine for the rest of the week, which will be a bonus.

Oh and another 'Thank You' to whoever is doing the continuing series of wonderful images; can't wait to see how Lucky escapes ... she does escape the island right?

Good luck to you all and all your amazing creativity!
Dracomax wrote:
fhorn wrote:I would post more often but I don't know how to clever.

if you say enough random nonsense, eventually someone will think you are clever. That's basically the entire premise of the internet as far as I can tell.

Sir Comeforants, Knight Temporal from in the past

StormAngel

Re: 1190: "..."

Postby StormAngel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:20 pm UTC

Molpy Up!
Spoiler:

HES wrote:
Spoiler:

This made me giggle even more than the original :lol:

and I barely restrained my self from clicking the spoiler tag :roll:

Molphy's Law of Inspiration:

Entirely redundant:
Spoiler:
Toldyaso
Giraffe Coma.jpg
The Awefulsome Problem.png
The Awefulsome Problem.png

ETA embiggened image
Last edited by StormAngel on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:15 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Oelpr Jnhar, Knight of the Chronological Order
Purveyor of Pepsi, the One True Beverage
"HELLO. MY NAME IS STORMANGEL. YOU OTCOLORED MY NOPICES. PREPARE TO GO CAVE."
yappobiscuits wrote:"I wanna be redundant too! Lemme be redundant! C'monnn!"

My OTTifications on Imgur
Spoiler:
Ch*rp

mscha

Re: 1190: "..."

Postby mscha » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:29 pm UTC

StormAngel wrote:Molphy's Law of Inspiration:

Holy Croce
Spoiler:

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”