1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

AluisioASG

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:53 am UTC

Hello, Dracomax. Why don't you come in?

WRT molpi.es: I think we can get emails and subdomain redirections for everyone here (no more xkcd.mscha.org, xkcd-time.kieryn.com, time.aasg.name etc; just <user>.molpi.es).
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.
Thus ended that campaign.
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Randallspeed on your blitz, january1may! Save the Present!

Eternal Density

So it turns out my indexing of Periods was silly

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:03 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Um, question.
The final newpix on mscha's viewer is http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/3094
The Time Wiki gives epilogue frames starting from oldpix 3096
So is that an off-by 1 error or what?

The total frame count is 3099 IIRC.
Well that's 3094+5 meteor frames.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:22 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Maybe we could go the long way around - onetruethread.com is available!
Sounds good to me, though k.bookbinder has a point about there being only One True Thread, so onetruethread.com would be heresy. OTOH, it would be even more heretical if somebody else got it... and we'd only use it if the actual One True Thread were locked. But that won't happen. xkcd itself will shut down before that happens!

Eternal Density wrote:How about hotter otters? (Probably unwise to google this).
They are all saving us from daylight, remember?

jovialbard wrote:you know the best otter related site name would be: chirpingmustard.com
Yanno, I think you're right! And it seems to be available. But there are really quite a few treeish names around - and if we each get one we'll just fragment. So I'm ok leaving it to the fates.

HES wrote:Yes. It is absolutely essential that I have all the screws from a dismantled PS2 - I might need them some day!
My old phones that are slightly broken but still work sort of kinda ish? I might need them some day!
Yep, that's me. :)

pelrigg wrote:Just in case you missed it, I wrote a story. I think it's on NP 1428?)
NP 1432. It's also on the wiki. I was going to put it there, but was ninja'd. Who says this thread has slowed down? They are full of mustard!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

Eternal Density

I'm getting the hang of this layout stuff

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:31 am UTC

I skipped forward a way to show off the Time tracking :D
seaish:
Spoiler:

redundant:
Spoiler:
fading.PNG

ETA whoops I just noticed that when I flipped a couple of lines of javascript around to put the Eon first and the Period last, it had no effect (duh) because the html elements are in the same place :P
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:33 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

BlitzGirl
Location: Both Present and Past..... Schizoblitz: 105/2599 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:33 am UTC

That is looking awesomeful, Eternal Density! Can't wait to become addicted to it. :)

ucim wrote:
pelrigg wrote:Just in case you missed it, I wrote a story. I think it's on NP 1428?)

NP 1432. It's also on the wiki. I was going to put it there, but was ninja'd. Who says this thread has slowed down? They are full of mustard!

Muahahaha. I am the wiki-ninja! Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Are we full of whamsy? also, 10

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:That is looking awesomeful, Eternal Density! Can't wait to become addicted to it. :)

ucim wrote:

Muahahaha. I am the wiki-ninja! Image

Given that the possible length of gameplay is at least as long as Time... (and I have to make it respect the epilogue sequence after that)
Heh.

Also a quick googling found this: https://twitter.com/hodgman/status/360607536161890305
What??

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:42 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Hello, Dracomax. Why don't you come in?

WRT molpi.es: I think we can get emails and subdomain redirections for everyone here (no more xkcd.mscha.org, xkcd-time.kieryn.com, time.aasg.name etc; just <user>.molpi.es).

This sounds kinda treeish, but I like the idea of redundancy too. All our eggs shouldn't be in one basket, because what if there's a fire? or termites?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:43 am UTC

ggh wrote:

This sounds kinda treeish, but I like the idea of redundancy too. All our eggs shouldn't be in one basket, because what if there's a fire? or termites?

Or a Zanclean flood?
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Finished listing all the Time Periods

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:51 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ggh wrote:

Or a Zanclean flood?
Or punsaws?

Also if someone changes the names of any Periods/Eras/Eons, please let me know so I can update the Castle game accordingly. (Technically it should scrape the data but I'll stick with hardcoding arrrays for now :P)
ETA
redundant:
Spoiler:
whap.PNG

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:54 am UTC

Ok, there's a poll at http://strawpoll.me/388075. Remember, that's going to be your public email address for the rest of your life.
ggh wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:WRT molpi.es: I think we can get emails and subdomain redirections for everyone here (no more xkcd.mscha.org, xkcd-time.kieryn.com, time.aasg.name etc; just <user>.molpi.es).

It's going to be just a redirection (more likely via CNAME), so the originals will still be there.
Gingercat wrote:Yeah, my players just decided to sit back and watch the Nukewisp frenzy itself to Annihilation-level fire energy, THEN they killed it.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:10 am UTC

I was going to post that we should consider 1190.com, but that's taken. (It's parked with ads for 1190 related stuff, like (duh!) radio stations, and unrelated stuff too.)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

k.bookbinder

Postby k.bookbinder » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:16 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Ok, there's a poll at http://strawpoll.me/388075. Remember, that's going to be your public email address for the rest of your life.
ggh wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:WRT molpi.es: I think we can get emails and subdomain redirections for everyone here (no more xkcd.mscha.org, xkcd-time.kieryn.com, time.aasg.name etc; just <user>.molpi.es).

It's going to be just a redirection (more likely via CNAME), so the originals will still be there.

We can only vote for one? Um...I think perhaps it is too late for me to make such a monumental decision. I shall revisit the vote in the morning.

Molpy down!
Spoiler:
"HAL9000" This thread is a goldmine for signatures.
"StratPlayer" All in all, that sand paper rubbed me the wrong way.
"charlie_grumbles" The secret of the geeks. "Copy, Borrow, Steal, Succeed"
"ucim" There's a forestful of treeish people here.

Image Welcome! Confused? See here.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:21 am UTC

k.bookbinder wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:Ok, there's a poll at http://strawpoll.me/388075. Remember, that's going to be your public email address for the rest of your life.

We can only vote for one? Um...I think perhaps it is too late for me to make such a monumental decision. I shall revisit the vote in the morning.

Lack of standardization, in this specific case, would be fragmenting. And expensive.

BTW, I may not wait till the morning (but maybe I do).

pelrigg

Re: EDUP

Postby pelrigg » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:29 am UTC

Well I must molpy down here in the past at NP 1428.

I saw balthasar_s grand and tree-ish scanned version of 2873.

Two more flutterbee sketches by BlitzGirl. The "Beanie Family Portrait" & "Rosetta and Lucky".

@HES and the moving blues: Been there more times than I want to remember, including one earlier this year (Around March). And it gets worse as you get older and get more stuff. And especially more furniture. I swear one of these times I'm gonna hire someone.

A small aside: I saw some Lego sets at the grocery store todip with a Medieval theme. They have trebuchets in the sets. (Actually I do have a working wooden model of an oranger-style catapult. It came with an informative book about their history and how to make different types of working catapults.)

And I haven't seen a reply to this yet.
ggh wrote:<snip>
And... thinking about the Adirondacks is making me think about wood again, and that beautiful piece that Jafloi (I found it, finally) did. I wonder what happened to him - his last post was when the fade went to complete white. Did he think it ended?
Anyways, wouldn't it be cool if we gave GLR some treeish stuff from all over, as thanks for the treeish stuff he gave us? Sorry - that's probably been brought up in some of the pages I missed. Was any sort of decision made?

I don't think any real discussion has happened about making Time-related handicrafts and sending them to GLR. That should be up to the individual. {The only long, drawn-out, can-o-worms discussion I remember seeing was about making and selling stuff. And I hope this doesn't trigger another round of THAT debate.}

Keep waiting for blitzers. I've seen sign-posts for some, but it looks like there are others now missing. (Go find a "lost one" and get them to make at least one last post.)
Molpy down
and
Coma Out.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:30 am UTC

BIRMONGHAMIZE...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:45 am UTC

ggh wrote:

molpi.es all the way!

AluisioASG wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

owNCWmg5MUFZJlNZz6BOzwAAOv///zJgIFcBJgDAG1oHPvveFAzgW4bJABChC8gAQYovFRCgAJIRUAA0AGg0AAAAAaNAA0Bo09Mo9IVRk02oANqBoyNNAaAA0aBo0wgaAAABnkNzptIKqM5V6yuUhLFDEKIMCKamxHIJFMMSMAilfBxc1gXuBQk9bz6+NG0A/HvUD9PsdjVaLCOoAuArBG6KZyWVzhwrtHDrCBZ+sSwyYLl4HoGVFCGHmsUylCPsCHeDoM3iCKKgxES9PPKaSHwYxF/CV+kIDgpSq0P4u5IpwoSGfQJ2eA===LkKV
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

Trust me: you ain't gonna need it. But, if you prefer, try mine. Shouldn't be difficult to find.

-- aluisio dot asg at molpi dot es

Hmm. Not exactly sure what that means. Not really in a puzzle solving mood tonight (when your history teacher tells you to get something read over the summer, I don't think he means pirate the e-book version of it the night after the first day of school), so I'll just have to ruin the fun and wait a little.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:47 am UTC

mscha wrote:BIRMONGHAMIZE...
Spoiler:

Huh. What are those?

And is mscha in Birmingham?
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 am UTC

Err...well, I dunno what I did, but I fiddled with a PGP program in windows, and I guess I got your message Aluisio. Still not sure how. It wouldn't decrypt, so I clicked the button that said "verify," it failed, and then...the message was decrypted for some reason?

:shrug:

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:01 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

owNCWmg5MUFZJlNZz6BOzwAAOv///zJgIFcBJgDAG1oHPvveFAzgW4bJABChC8gAQYovFRCgAJIRUAA0AGg0AAAAAaNAA0Bo09Mo9IVRk02oANqBoyNNAaAA0aBo0wgaAAABnkNzptIKqM5V6yuUhLFDEKIMCKamxHIJFMMSMAilfBxc1gXuBQk9bz6+NG0A/HvUD9PsdjVaLCOoAuArBG6KZyWVzhwrtHDrCBZ+sSwyYLl4HoGVFCGHmsUylCPsCHeDoM3iCKKgxES9PPKaSHwYxF/CV+kIDgpSq0P4u5IpwoSGfQJ2eA===LkKV

Trust me: you ain't gonna need it. But, if you prefer, try mine. Shouldn't be difficult to find.

Hmm. Not exactly sure what that means. Not really in a puzzle solving mood tonight (when your history teacher tells you to get something read over the summer, I don't think he means pirate the e-book version of it the night after the first day of school), so I'll just have to ruin the fun and wait a little.

Code: Select all

«aasg@orion:/media/DM214/BCC/CI210»
(2) ϕ LANG=C GNUPGHOME=/dev/null gpg
gpg: failed to create temporary file `/dev/null/.#lk0xf34b70.orion.13066': Not a directory
gpg: keyblock resource `/dev/null/secring.gpg': General error
gpg: failed to create temporary file `/dev/null/.#lk0xf34b70.orion.13066': Not a directory
gpg: keyblock resource `/dev/null/pubring.gpg': General error
gpg: Go ahead and type your message ...
-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----

secret?  Just gimme some minutes to think.
gpg: Signature made Tue Sep  3 22:56:53 2013 BRT using DSA key ID 90964D9F
gpg: Can't check signature: No public key

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:11 am UTC

Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. It's just that I'm concentrated sifting through 4180 lines trying to analyze my DIY memento function.

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:13 am UTC

Ok, so what are those things on the left and under the table? Machine guns? Chainsaws?

Jose

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:16 am UTC

ucim wrote:
Spoiler:

Ok, so what are those things on the left and under the table? Machine guns? Chainsaws?

I'll guess 'chairs'.

Exodies

Postby Exodies » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:29 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:For pelrigg:
<pic snip>
Add a second person beside him :D :D :D

(pelrigg:
One tiny m*stard though: "and had passed to message of the break east-ward" - should probably be "passed the message")

There's more mustard than that one. But this is a very moving story especially when the two travellers realise they have to go home. Well done. The plot seemed familiar.
Ware2 guv? The Book of Dave

ggh

Re: EDUP

Postby ggh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:43 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:And I haven't seen a reply to this yet.
ggh wrote:<snip>
And... thinking about the Adirondacks is making me think about wood again, and that beautiful piece that Jafloi (I found it, finally) did. I wonder what happened to him - his last post was when the fade went to complete white. Did he think it ended?
Anyways, wouldn't it be cool if we gave GLR some treeish stuff from all over, as thanks for the treeish stuff he gave us? Sorry - that's probably been brought up in some of the pages I missed. Was any sort of decision made?

I don't think any real discussion has happened about making Time-related handicrafts and sending them to GLR. That should be up to the individual. {The only long, drawn-out, can-o-worms discussion I remember seeing was about making and selling stuff. And I hope this doesn't trigger another round of THAT debate.}

Thanks for answering - I thought maybe I just missed the discussion. Hmmm. I'll have to give it a little think. I'd like to send something small and simple - perhaps some NZ thyme honey? It'd be nice to get something from Waikaremoana, the lake born of flood, but realistically, I have no idea when I'll get there again, and the more complicated I make this, the less likely I'll ever do it. I'm such a procrastinator, the odds are pretty bad already....
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:03 am UTC

Ok. If the result of the poll shows a tendency toward one of the domains by the time I wake up (i.e. in 5 hours), I'm going to buy that domain.
Until then, molpy down.
Spoiler:

Appending cache entry for 67109120 after 6029335
458754 not cached (5 misses)
Cache entries for viewcache:
  7340060 (119 hits)
  3670030 (145 hits)
  1048580 (132 hits)
  1310725 (122 hits)
  8388640 (120 hits)
Appending cache entry for 458754 after 8388640

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:25 am UTC

I vote for molpi.es, just because it messes with the TLD.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

always initialise your counters to a nonnull value!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:42 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I vote for molpi.es, just because it messes with the TLD.

I chose it because I felt it captures the spirit of the OTT best.
(Though chirpingmustard is probably easier to tell people about... until you remember that it's swearing :P)

ETA lol I found a bug in Orteil's cookie code: when locking an upgrade which has been bought (which rarely happens) it sets it to unbought and then checks if it was bought and if so decreases the number of upgrades owned. Rather than setting it to unbought *after* checking if it was bought. So I think that means you can keep raising the number of upgrades you own by buying Elder Covenant/Pledge. Not that this achieves anything since the number is just cosmetic...

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:02 am UTC

Valarya wrote:
Spoiler:

Val's first-true-Blitz

Current Location: NP1422 / 1434

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I felt like making a sketch. So I made a sketch. Some Time after Time...

Eee, baobabish and flutterbeewingish! Image So is the girl Megball's kid, and the boy Beanette and Amtoo's kid? Image Image

Thanks! Yes, that was the initial sketch concept: the child of Megan and Cueball and the child of Beanette and Amtoo build a sandcastle together. Image

I love everything about this sketch and the conversation of it thereafter. So beesnaketrailish and beanieful. Amazing job, BlitzGirl.

jovialbard wrote:
Kieryn wrote:EDIT: for the pope... It would not have fit in with the story, but I would have liked to have seen LaPetite work her magic on the sandcastle, turning it into a raft.

I disagree, I think it would have been an excellent addition and would have helped the squished feeling at the end of the story. Right when they meet with the first part of the group and Cueball says his line about something being on the ocean, it could have cut to the past, with LaPetite dragging on her flotation devices and beginning to deconstruct/salvage the scaffolding.
<snip>

I'm not so sure about that, jovialbard. I think your version would have greatly taken away from that amazing moment when LaPetite came back in view floating on the raftcastle. It had a ton of impact. Then again, if it had happened as you suggest, we probably would have felt that was the best way... sitting on the edge of our seats in anticipation for Cuegan's reaction to seeing their castle again.

AluisioASG wrote:People who want to appear in the map of the Otter Lands: I need to know how to paint your domains. Now.

Oh, hey. I'd love to be included in the map. Feel free to paint my area to look like Chrono Trigger. Or if that isn't what you mean, rolling hills and autumn-ish leaves will be sufficient enough. Can't wait to see the finished product!

(I have no idea how you guys are up to MILLIONS of cookies per second. That's what your M stands for, right? I've been upgrading a lot of stuff, hoping to give me better production. But am still only at 64k cps with 25/80 upgrades unlocked, 30/76 achievements (116% milk). Apparently I suck at games.)

Clicking all the golden cookies helps, as it gives you enormous boosts. Also it helps to calculate a bit: is it better to get the X'th grandma or to save for the next upgrade? If the upgrade is "double the production" I simply multiply the cost of a grandma with the amount I have and that should be less than the upgrade cost. If it is then I wait for it.
And in the beginning I posted my Frenzy numbers (x7) because that was the C/sec I had at that moment (just timed the moment of posting a bit). Now I feel that I have been messing with you all unnecessarily and I post my continuous C/sec numbers. If you can let it run all night you can generate a hell of a lot of cookies and build whatever gives you the most C/sec. I can't because this is a work computer.
372,050,997,1 at the moment (continuous) and I am going to calculate whether saving for the Eclipse cookie upgrade is worth it (costs 9,999,999,999,999 cookies and gives +15% C/sec).

lmjb1964 wrote:

What the chirp is that website?

A spoof on Wikipedia. There are really good jokes in there (I like the AAAA page as well) and there are bad jokes in there)
Uncyclopedia wrote:Please mark unappropriate content as unapropriate for our younger readers. How else are they going to find it?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Unsolved OSH

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:08 am UTC

OSH

This is a ch*rp.
What newpix is it from?
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Noticing much javascript

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:09 am UTC

I only restart my work computer every few weeks :P
(But I haven't bothered running c**kies extensively for a few days, but I do occasionally load it very briefly for research purposes.)

Okay now I've got to write the code to display all the Boosts (aka upgrades) that are available to buy. Oh and maybe actually make a couple to display and have them unlock at the right Time...

ETA I think I'm doing variable naming and comments wrong:

Molpy.Got=function(back)
      {   //I like big molpies and I can not lie
         return (Molpy.Boosts[back]?Molpy.Boosts[back].bought:0);
      }
ETA 2 achievements, now need to make them unlockable and make them DO something :P

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:55 am UTC

I've wandered back to some pages I had to skip, and just wanted to say, wow, what a glorious redundamolpy this was!
Valarya wrote:REDUNDANT MOLPIES INSIDE?

It's sweet getting to read something both fresh (to me) and nostalgic at the same time (early 1350's). Charlie's still around, mscha's just detected a quite important mustard change, and poor Exodies just found out. I wish I could go back in time and give him a slice of key lime pie.
Agatha the Awesomeful

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Re: Unsolved OSH

Postby slinches » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
OSH
Spoiler:
This is a ch*rp.
What newpix is it from?

Is it 1868?

Also, new othercomic
Spoiler:
I think we passed the BD501 of the OTT somewhere around T** **D.

1Median Basement Dose

Also, also, I'm disappointed that there's nothing significant encoded in the epilogue sequence repetitions. Well, at least there's still a chance the sequences themselves have something left to reveal.
Last edited by slinches on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:05 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 am UTC

Edit: Yes, I got the ninja OTTherComic in!

Spoiler:
ld50-odetity.png
"We really should be testing on Beanies instead."
ld50-odetity.png (29.1 KiB) Viewed 7371 times

Edit Conclusion: Will not try again.
Last edited by azule on Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:12 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:04 am UTC

slinches wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

This is a ch*rp.
What newpix is it from?

Is it 1868?

That is correct!

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

castle time!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:21 am UTC

I'd forgOTTen about the OtherComic again :P Nice OTTification if it!

So, progress has been made!
Both boosts can be unlocked and bought (well I haven't tried buying the second) fairly easily, and the first one actually works: (treeish)
Spoiler:

No save yet though. And you can't see what boots you have. And the descriptive tooltips ought to go on the todo list also
redundant:
Spoiler:
molpies!.PNG
hey guess what...

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:22 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
slinches wrote:Is it 1868?

That is correct!

Spoiler:

Yay! But is it normal for that phrase to trigger this image in my head any time I see or hear it?
Spoilered for decency:
Spoiler:

Neil_Boekend

Re: castle time!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:27 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:I'd forgOTTen about the OtherComic again :P Nice OTTification if it!

Both boosts can be unlocked and bought (well I haven't tried buying the second) fairly easily, and the first one actually works: (treeish)
Spoiler:

No save yet though. And you can't see what boots you have. And the descriptive tooltips ought to go on the todo list also
redundant:
Spoiler:
molpies!.PNG

Aww, that link doesn't work.

he/him/his

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:30 am UTC

SOLIDONGULOUS...

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Re: castle time! Also 5

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:31 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:I'd forgOTTen about the OtherComic again :P Nice OTTification if it!

Spoiler:

redundant:
Spoiler:
molpies!.PNG

Wow it doesn't work for me now either. Blame Google :P
Oh wait, I hit a button which... whoops. blame me! (and try again)
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:26 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Neil_Boekend

Re: castle time!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:36 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:

Spoiler:

redundant:
Spoiler:
molpies!.PNG

Wow it doesn't work for me now either. Blame Google :P
Oh wait, I hit a button which... whoops. blame me! (and try again)

Yaay.
Hmm, still doesn't work properly. Doh, Noscript!
Yaaaaaaaaay! clickity clickity. Bucket!

ETA: Wow, the amount of sand required for a castle rises FAST. I hope Bigger Buckets helps! Or should I just Wait for the Buckets to get me sand?

he/him/his

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”