1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 pm UTC

AK49BWL wrote:Hey guys! Pretty cool to see this thing is still going lol, and still a lot of familiar faces. Though I feel I'm way too far behind to truly catch up completely, I'll see if I can give it a shot :mrgreen:

Ah, to think I last checked in when the page was 1019...

Welcome back! It's ok to just stay in the present without catching up, if that's what works for you.

Decree for the wipend: Puzzles and Cute molpies. Or cute puzzles and molpies. Or cute molpy puzzles.
Spoiler:
tummyrubs.jpg
Last edited by SBN on Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:59 pm UTC

Nice to see you, AK49BL! :D
It's much easier to ketchup these dips - I'm sure you can do it!

TEMPORAL EDIT

```~~**~* !whirly time ripple! *~**~~```

For Rakhal Stormwarden
(and any blitzer undertaking a seaish journey to the Now):
Spoiler:
-

You probably need some kind of sustenance on your travels, so I found as many calories as possible in one convenient fast-food package.

If you would prefer a healthier alternative, I also offer this organic smoothie:

I hope that this quick blitzmeal has been of assistance!
Good luck on your epic undertaking and I hope to meet you once more in the pages of this needle-pulled thing.
See you in the future!

```~~**~* !whirly time ripple! *~**~~```
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:28 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

AK49BWL

Postby AK49BWL » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:06 pm UTC

And here I was thinking y'all would have forgotten me :oops: -- So, what's happening these days? What's the delay now?
Follower of the One True Comic

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:15 pm UTC

fhorn wrote:
pelrigg wrote:I believe the original suggestion (not going to look it up right now) was to start using M2442 (not M#2442) when referring to your canonical numbers. I'm afraid I got the ball rolling with the concept of M#____, G#____, A#____ when I used the notation "M#", "G#", "A#"; which is sad because I was using the "#" in place of the word "number". Right now if someone refers to 2442 from geekwagon, they use Frame 2442geekwagon or 2442geekwagon. MY suggestion was to use Frame G2442 as a shortcut for those who use geekwagon or frame A2442 for aubronwood; and when we use your canonical numbers we use either Frame M2442, Frame 2442 or np2442.
Sorry for my part in the confusion. Peace?

I bet Mozart never had this problem.

But PDQ Bach's Schickele numbers are varied and strange indeed.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:20 pm UTC

AK49BWL wrote:And here I was thinking y'all would have forgotten me :oops: -- So, what's happening these days? What's the delay now?

Lot of folks are playing Eternal_Density's Sandcastle Builder game. Other than that, we're still Ottifying, and having other fun. Not as much activity, but still plenty to enjoy. Lots has been added to the Wiki if you want to see some of what you missed. (Or remember what you saw.)
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:25 pm UTC

For the pope:

Edit: the background was m*starded up, so I replaced it with a new version with a non-transparent background.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:35 pm UTC

Hey All.
Blindpost from something like NP1516. (I did a little lurking after that, but I haven't even been on line for two dips. just reasons, that's all...)

I'll go back and pick up on some of the really special things I know I missed, like some century-posts and so on. I was somewhat surprised at seeing our beloved OTT at the number Four slot on the comic hit parade, so I thought I'd do my duty and slap something up here.

===========

I did read from the top of this page and noticed Febrion having some problems with Sandcastle. Is it just you or are others having troubles.

I haven't played for a bit (off-line and all that) and if I remember I'm about 5NPs from Judgment Dip. I'm not sure what's going to happen when it shows up, I'm only getting about 8m sand/NP with 100 buckets, 100 Cuegan, 60 or so flags, maybe 30 ladders and only about 15 bags. And I have less than average of 20 castle tools. What happens if I run out of whatever it is I need to "appease" the newpixbots? As you can see, I've only been a casual gamer at this. (It's been more fun for me to watch the frames go by at their original rate than to try and get the most of everything. Please don't think I'm bad mouthing anybody for their playing style; I'm just talking about my own. In fact, those folks who are ahead of me have helped me understand the game better. Thanks!)

===========

Some pictures to try and brighten the dip:

This one's based on / inspired by Kieryn's seaish overlaid image:
-------
And I saw this one on cheezburger a few dips ago:
Just don't ask me where he got THAT t-shirt...
--------
And a sandcastle I found on-line:
Edit In: For the Pope: Does a "sandy" meowply count?
===========

And I see by the Preview screen some other OTTers have shown up. Good to see y'all.

===========
Redundanation lies here-in
Spoiler:
stack_14 _14 _.png

hD5931E0C-crop.jpg

Sand-Castles-and-Sculptures-3-wallpaper-750-x-500.jpg

Edit in a cropped image.
Last edited by pelrigg on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:03 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic {bestowed by BlitzGirl: NP 1315}

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:58 pm UTC

mscha wrote:For the pope:

Edit: the background was m*starded up, so I replaced it with a new version with a non-transparent background.

Treeish! Did it in 28 minutes which I'm sure someone will beat in no time since I'm always pretty slow at these. I did it before you changed the background too, it was actually helpful to have the different colours.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:53 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
mscha wrote:For the pope:

Treeish! Did it in 28 minutes which I'm sure someone will beat in no time since I'm always pretty slow at these. I did it before you changed the background too, it was actually helpful to have the different colours.

Yep, I did both versions 32 with m*stard, 38 without. Should have saved them for tomorrow though. I've got to spend 4 hours on a conference call. Talk about m*stard!

Some Ways to Time

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:03 am UTC

Been doing my ketchup and keeping up with the current page... (2 hours since the last post??)

Let me throw this OTTmanip of M3002 out then:

Redundant (no kitty)
Spoiler:
3002-memories.png

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:12 am UTC

Nice one pelrigg. Yes, it's slow todip; wipend on its way... but it comes in spurts. There was quite a burst a few newpages ago, and I've yet to reply to some myself. Kieryn's done some fun stuff on his site - not otties but neat comix and art. There's other stuff too but I've been busy trying to get php recursion to work with array depth. I finally punted and coded up something a bit more specific, and it works fine for what I want. For the moment. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:13 am UTC

Aww, little Cueball! I love it, pelrigg. :mrgreen:

pelrigg

Postby pelrigg » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:37 am UTC

ucim wrote:Nice one pelrigg. Yes, it's slow todip; wipend on its way... but it comes in spurts. There was quite a burst a few newpages ago, and I've yet to reply to some myself. Kieryn's done some fun stuff on his site - not otties but neat comix and art. There's other stuff too but I've been busy trying to get php recursion to work with array depth. I finally punted and coded up something a bit more specific, and it works fine for what I want. For the moment. :)

Jose

I hope you don't mind if I "nod my head knowingly, but have a blank look on my face" in response to your last two statements. I know just enough about programing to understand that you had some difficulties (it's a pain when the program starts "shooting back"RAH at you, isn't it.)

==========
After only five pages of ketchup [NP1520] (probably closer to ten from my last post) I'm seeing multiple special posts I've missed, a couple of videos, a number of returnees, quite a few OTTcolors, OTTcomics, and a whole page of OTTsongs. And I forgot to make notes on any of them... Maybe I'll just go through and make a list of the posters and leave it at that.
Great job, every body...

------------
RAH to borrow a riff from Heinlein.

=============
ETA
At the midnip ONGing I see
Users browsing this forum: ChronosDragon, Google [Bot], pelrigg, yappobiscuits and 18 guests

and I'm afraid I must molpy down.
Keep up the good wait and Image
Coma Out Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:26 am UTC

pelrigg wrote:
ucim wrote:Nice one pelrigg. Yes, it's slow todip; wipend on its way... but it comes in spurts. There was quite a burst a few newpages ago, and I've yet to reply to some myself. Kieryn's done some fun stuff on his site - not otties but neat comix and art. There's other stuff too but I've been busy trying to get php recursion to work with array depth. I finally punted and coded up something a bit more specific, and it works fine for what I want. For the moment. :)
I hope you don't mind if I "nod my head knowingly, but have a blank look on my face" in response to your last two statements. I know just enough about programing to understand that you had some difficulties (it's a pain when the program starts "shooting back"RAH at you, isn't it.)
That's fine - the relevant piece was the xkcd comic behind the link.

Rule #1 of programming - you can program more cleverly than you can debug. So don't be clever. :)

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:48 am UTC

I am sick. Chirpin' micromolpies, why you gotta be infecting my cells and making my body want to produce so much mucous?

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:50 am UTC

2:00am. Try to do BlitzGirls puzzle. Get frustrated when I realize, after 10 minutes, that you have to TURN the puzzle pieces. Close browser. Nope. :wink:

ETA: Hope you feel better CD!! :? Nothing worse than being sick on the wipends. Here's a get-well-soon cupcake:

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Spoiler:

I am sick. Chirpin' micromolpies, why you gotta be infecting my cells and making my body want to produce so much mucous?

Get well soon CD.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:36 am UTC

(another) Get well, CD.

Alright, I took the test CD gave out. Hrm. I think you were right not to do it, yappo. No ill will, but...I did feel a little bit tricked. lol. I'll live. I'm sillily sensitive. :)

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

Amanita

Postby Amanita » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:27 am UTC

Valiant Cookie wrote:As Pope I bestow unto anyone that reads these words as they follow the flow of time towards the future, the position of Archbishop of the Past. You may accept this title and use it's power with a message to your current future, however you must relinquish this title as soon as you reach the most future present, or as soon as you see a post from someone else accepting the title that is after your post accepting the title.

Sweet!
Greetings again, people of the future! I come from page 353, where despite both characters being perched precariously on a possibly 2.5D platform and crennelating madly, many are saying that it is an uneventful time. Ye of little faith! Do ye not recall the frames where the dropping of an unobserved pixel caused an unholy dip and then an upsurging of speculation, as the boulder of your emotions was flung by the trebuchet of Time? Why can you (then-)now not be content to Wait for IT?
Archbishop of Time for the moment
Blitzing since 21/9/13 - currently at 17,960 posts and counting

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:26 am UTC

BlindPosting from 1126
Cheered by Sigcouragement from many.

Woo-Hoo!
Spoiler:
AluisioASG wrote:Firsts things first:
Time Travelers: Welcome to Beacon Beta.

Please report to the Future Present if you're more then 5 pages behind.
The Tracker will be available soon.

What a time to break the Blitz! The Gang of Five are about to meet Beanie Supremie, and I can't wait don't want to Wait For It.

yappobiscuits wrote:
Latent22 wrote:Castles make me a little nostalgic. Castles are some of earliest memories. When I was 3 years old my family went on sabbatical to Scotland for 6 mips. And so my first memories I have are from things there. I remember castles but they are not very clear memories anymore obviously. Not many proper castles here in New Zealand for obvious reasons. But last month my new wife and I spent a month in Europe and we got to see many many castles. An interesting point is that most of the castles we saw were around the 500 years old region. Their was older things like stonehenge which is just over 4000 years old. Imagine what would be gone after 11,000 years!

Me too. When I was very young my family would go on holiday to North Wales every year, and they have lots of pretty 4 castles. I remember going up and down spiral staircases was THE COOLEST THING EVER as a kid :P

Slightly more than sixty years ago I ran up and down the narrow stone spiral staircase (yes, I know it's helical) of this Christchurch (my home town), New Zealand cathedral, many times. I climbed the ladder inside the spire to the top, then up the support beams until my head didn't fit. (Oh, about 13cm ear-to-ear, at the time. Why do you ask?) It was THE COOLEST THING EVER as a kid.
Quite an echo, too.

It looked like this.
Spoiler:

After 22 February 2011 a spot of mustard made itself known.

Here's why. (Have a play with the animations. Might as well get some fun out of them.)

Today was quake number (it's over 9000!!) 12,700-odd, about magnitude 3.3
Last Tuesday a magnitude 4.6

I could go on - I usually do. Here, have a bit of Wikipedia instead.
Sorry for the Off-Topic2
And so to Coma.

I've made it to 1126/1525
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

svenman

Postby svenman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:39 pm UTC

For those who'd otherwise miss the edit in my last post that I just added:
svenman wrote:ETA: All you other otters who made ottifications or other works of art which I haven't specifically mentioned: It's all awesomeful. You are awesomeful.

And to all blitzers out there, keep going!
Apart from Forum Games, mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may be useful.

Addams thanks all of us who helped. Her life is much better now.

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:07 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I noticed that the differential API in the Time database fails when I try to compare to timeframe 1. Does it have something to do with the fact that the first hash is unknown?

Thank you for the mustard report. And yes, it had to do with this. Fixed now.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:19 pm UTC

I probably won't be online for a day (not that that would mean I'd post) so please let's keep this baby alive. It's my number one goal, to keep the baby alive. lol. Slow wipend, you will not prevail!!

Seeing balthasar_s mention it again, I wonder about that first frame's hash. I'd love a direct link to the first frame. I know what we have is official, but it'd be even more official with a hash (I mean, hexadecimal filename). Any point in trying to ask Randall for it? I was reading another thread and davean was suspiciously knowledgeable. Maybe he'd be able to reveal/make it for us. davean, I summon thee. *poof*

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:28 pm UTC

azule wrote:I probably won't be online for a day (not that that would mean I'd post) so please let's keep this baby alive. It's my number one goal, to keep the baby alive. lol. Slow wipend, you will not prevail!!

The baby's alive, just sleeping.
Took the wolpies for a long walk in the park this morning, but now Outside is infecting my wipend, and I'm on the phone and in MOC chats pretending I give a ch*rp. Time to send out a status report.

Some Ways to Time

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:03 pm UTC

It's definitely a wipend! Since our puzzle-making BG is not here, I present to you TWO RELATED wipend jigsaw puzzles.

PUZZLES YAY wrote:
First, a slightly harder you-have-to-rotate-the-pieces long night OTColorization by taixzo HERE.
Second, an easier Legoses OTColorization by Hillperson HERE.

@Amanita and @MistyCat: randallspeed & keep reporting in.
@svenmen: <3 xoxo
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

ergman

Postby ergman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:00 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:It's definitely a wipend! Since our puzzle-making BG is not here, I present to you TWO RELATED wipend jigsaw puzzles.

PUZZLES YAY wrote:
First, a slightly harder you-have-to-rotate-the-pieces long night OTColorization by taixzo HERE.

Thanks! I beat the easy one in 15:05 if any one cares about that. I can't do the rotatey ones very well on my phone though.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:03 pm UTC

Last night I dreamt of new newpix. I don't remember much, but there were a few where we saw Cue in the sea. Cue was in the water, night/pre-dawn and motionless, but then daylight came, and he lifted his head and we could see that he was fine. It was quite dramatic and beautiful, because the tones were similar to the Long Night. Then in later pix, he was out of the water, but I can't remember what was happening. They looked like normal Time frames, except that I think there was shading on Cue's head, like how BlitzGirl and others sometimes draw him.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:00 pm UTC

OSH

This is Megan.
What newpix is she from?

redundant
Spoiler:
osh3.png
osh3.png (1.23 KiB) Viewed 14037 times

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:01 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:It's definitely a wipend! Since our puzzle-making BG is not here, I present to you TWO RELATED wipend jigsaw puzzles.

PUZZLES YAY wrote:

Neat! I finished the easier one in 6:28, and the harder one in 14:28.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:02 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:
HES wrote:Hi future Amanita!

So is it legit to go back and edit posts in the sub - 1000 pages to retrospectively encourage Amanita?

And someone needs to find out if this is a Muscaria, Vaginata (I'm not making this up) or a Phalloides. It makes rather a difference :(

Well, as long as we don't try to eat xim, I think it's ok.

Valarya wrote:Decided to make an OTColorization because it's been a while since we saw one. But as soon as I opened MSPaint I realized that I absolutely suck at painting so I spent a whopping 2 minutes whipping this elementary-level masterpiece together for you to feast your eyes upon! :mrgreen: Unfortunately I mustarded up the pricklymolp so much you can't even tell what it is. :P

Spoiler:

Very treeish, Val. BTW, do you know that, according to your sig, you're the Caridnal of Cupcakes? :)

SBN wrote: I'd actually prefer client stupid. Management stupid is generally much longer lasting.

Alas, so true. Longer lasting and farther reaching.
Happy 900!

karhell wrote:Dammit, it's Karhell's wanderings, again!
1116th mile of a very long journey (1503 miles... gaaaaaah)

Nice to see you, karhell! Happy wandering!

mscha wrote:Time for a manip...

Spoiler:

ETA: Ninja'd by Zorin_75, by only two months... Image

Well, zorin's wasn't exactly the same. Both are treeish.

k.bookbinder wrote:Do not not give in to the Outside! @lmjb1964

Spoiler:

mmmmm nom nom nom. Thanks for the sustenance! Love the sprinkles!

ergman wrote:Done! Don't really like it that much, wish I could have drawn it better. Does the grey and green part even look like a harbor, concrete thing with a rusted ladder for higher and lower tides? Probably not, but whatever.
Drew all of it on my phone but the boat, which is from google images.

Spoiler:

Awesomeful!!

mscha wrote:Do take a piece of cake, y'all!
Spoiler:

Happy 3500, mscha!

Purplepants77 wrote:Hi everyone! Long time no see! Just thought I'd pop in and say hi for a couple reasons.

Purplepants, wow, welcome back! I love the Pink Floyd ottification.

AluisioASG wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Don't forget me!

We won't. At least I won't. I promise.
* writes “Remember Laura Mae” on the back of his hand

There are many things you read something in this thread that just makes you grin every time you think of it. For me, this is one of those things. :D

mrob27 wrote:
Special Transmission by mrob27
Origin: Newpage 465
Destination: Newpage 1504

[center]MROB LOVES DISCOVERING THE THREAD
Spoiler:

<snip lots of 4 stuff>

I love all mrob's posts,
He is so wowterful.
bom de yada, boom de yada...

Eternal Density wrote:My brain just started putting "we iz redundants" where the words "we are the champions" belong :o mrob27, that's "not bad at all" :D

If I wasn't so far behind already I'd run with that idea. Well, maybe somebody in the future has.

Fell asleep with SB on. Lost a Ninja Stealth streak of 28. Chirp.

edited out typo pointing out typo. Oops.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:42 pm UTC

PUZZLES YAY wrote:

Thanks for the puzzles!
ggh wrote:Last night I dreamt of new newpix.

I hope the dream comes true.
lmjb1964 wrote:
SBN wrote: I'd actually prefer client stupid. Management stupid is generally much longer lasting.

Alas, so true. Longer lasting and farther reaching.

Today is proof of that. Meeting ended an hour early, which is good, of course, but if it can end that much early, you know it was way too long to begin with.

lmjb1964 wrote:
mrob27 wrote:
Special Transmission by mrob27
Origin: Newpage 465
Destination: Newpage 1504

[center]MROB LOVES DISCOVERING THE THREAD
Spoiler:

<snip lots of 4 stuff>

I love all mrob's posts,

Me too. (Not just his, of course, but he does have a certain flair for the blitz-post.)

Edit to fix quote tags (twice). And once more to close a paren.
Last edited by SBN on Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:06 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Some Ways to Time

ergman

Postby ergman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Last night I dreamt of new newpix. I don't remember much, but there were a few where we saw Cue in the sea. Cue was in the water, night/pre-dawn and motionless, but then daylight came, and he lifted his head and we could see that he was fine. It was quite dramatic and beautiful, because the tones were similar to the Long Night. Then in later pix, he was out of the water, but I can't remember what was happening. They looked like normal Time frames, except that I think there was shading on Cue's head, like how BlitzGirl and others sometimes draw him.

That sounds beautiful. Someone should make a new Time After Time story so we have something to wait for again. And tell me the rules so I can.
Also, look what I found in my mornings comics:
It's all related:
Spoiler:
It's all redundant.
image.jpg

edit to remove massiveness, sorry.
Last edited by ergman on Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:58 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Eternal Density

Molpy Up, it's Daylight Savings Time

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:07 pm UTC

My phone has already eaten this post twice. Just like it ate a nopix without warning me ahead of Time. :(
Maybe I'll get to do some programming todip. I hope. Also DoN autolocking is really getting annoying. Maybea 50% ch ance oflocki ng makes more sense...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

HAL9000
Not Red

Re: Molpy Up, it's Daylight Savings Time

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:43 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:My phone has already eaten this post twice. Just like it ate a nopix without warning me ahead of Time. :(
Maybe I'll get to do some programming todip. I hope. Also DoN autolocking is really getting annoying. Maybea 50% ch ance oflocki ng makes more sense...

On the topic of sandcastle builder, will I ever miss a redundakitty because I had one of the loot types set to "hidden"? At one point I thought I set one of them to "show" and there was a redundakitty inside. So now I have all of them open, and pay attention to how many items are in the bottom row to see if I need to scroll rapidly up and down the huge list until I find the redundakitty.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:44 pm UTC

You don't need to do that - if there's a redundakitty in a particular section, the section's symbol changes to the redundakitty symbol, so you can keep them closed and still catch all the kitties!

HAL9000
Not Red

Postby HAL9000 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:48 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:You don't need to do that - if there's a redundakitty in a particular section, the section's symbol changes to the redundakitty symbol, so you can keep them closed and still catch all the kitties!

Oooh it does? I didn't notice that! Thanks for the tip; it was getting a little tedious scrolling through all the badges I haven't earned yet to find a redundakitty.
HAL9000 wrote:I find it simultaneously fascinating and disturbing that the most profound things I've read in the past months I have encountered in or been led to by an internet forum thread about a webcomic.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:50 pm UTC

ggh wrote:I was playing around with the epilogue sequences again, and here's another visualization. <snippety snip>

I don't know what I'm looking at, but ooh, pretty!

waveney wrote:Thoughts about the value of various things (where I am):
Spoiler:
Buckets - Good - they produce a lot of sand
Cuegans - Ok - since the nerf a few days ago they lost out in the sand production, but they still help bags
Flags - in them selves very poor, but through their affect on Scaffolds wonderful.
Ladders - least usefull sand tool
Bags - Get the most sand and boost Rivers which is good
NPBs - Poor in themselves but the boost they give to oher tools wonderful.
Trebuchets - better now since last buff, also make buckets good
Scaffolds - Now are the second largest castle producer (but lead destruction by a long way)
Waves - Poor value now
Rivers - Produce the most castles (with help from npbs and bags)

Various Kitties:
Lucky - very poor (much less than 1000th of what I lose per ONG by destruction)
Blitzing - still low value, but at least clicking through the kitty has a positive affect on River loses.
Blast Furnace - poor - why does this count as a special when the npbs produce?
DoN - very useful
Sales - very useful

(414 Castle tools, 1600 Sand tools)

Thanks, waveney, I've saved this list, although you're light years ahead of me in the game. Also I think I just did something wrong. I think the last ONG wiped out more castles than it created. What did I do? :( (Edited to add: it looks ok now.)

There's one problem I've run into. I can't see the full description for scaffold and waves. It says , for instance, "Builds 22" or "Builds 130" but doesn't say how many it destroys, so I don't know how many castles I should have. I guess maybe it's a problem with my browser? I'm using Chrome. Any idea why it's doing that? I can see the full description for the other tools.

jovialbard wrote:Basically. If you want streamlined tactical combat: 4E. If you want lots of decisions and more strategic combat: 3E. If you want adventure, desperation, and character: Torchbearer (or Mouse Guard if you want to be a mouse).

Is there HES Guard if you want to be a hamster?

azule wrote:

This is so treeish, azule! Glad you mentioned the link in the second title, though. i hadn't noticed it.

jovialbard wrote:goodbye for now?

*eyes jovialbard suspiciously* What do you mean by that question mark after "for now"? I don't like the looks of that.

Edited because the post was out of control.
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ronaldkr

Sandcastle builder

Postby ronaldkr » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:55 pm UTC

Help! Sandcastle Builder suddenly lost all of its content. I tried an older export file and there was no difference. That was in Opera, which I restarted without effect, so I tried it in Firefox. No difference, except that I did not get the "actual" frame but frame #1.

Screenprint (spoilered for depressive effect)
Spoiler:

Sorry for the bad quality, but I think you can see that the situation is dramatic. (This was an 883 x 799 pixel GIF -- is there a minimum size that pix do not get swamped?)

redundant, nokittens
Spoiler:
Wheredidmycastlesgo.pdf
(28.88 KiB) Downloaded 519 times

pelrigg

Re: Sandcastle builder

Postby pelrigg » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:14 am UTC

ronaldkr wrote:Help! Sandcastle Builder suddenly lost all of its content. I tried an older export file and there was no difference. That was in Opera, which I restarted without effect, so I tried it in Firefox. No difference, except that I did not get the "actual" frame but frame #1.

Screenprint (spoilered for depressive effect)
Spoiler:

Sorry for the bad quality, but I think you can see that the situation is dramatic. (This was an 883 x 799 pixel GIF -- is there a minimum size that pix do not get swamped?)

redundant, nokittens
Spoiler:
Wheredidmycastlesgo.pdf

Hi... I was coming on to say my Sandcastle doesn't work. (Now I have to say "Doesn't work either.") I don't have a screenshot but I'll try to give a riverish description:
The "Loaded" floater stopped at the horizontal line.
The "loot" area is empty (Except for the word "loot").
The "tools & boost area" only has "Sand, Castle, Boosts".
The three boxes under the Newpix are all completely empty.
There is a newpix (I'm thinking the last one I had up when I shut down the last Time), which does switch between "Options" and back. (I didn't try "stats" to check if that showed anything.)

And, for the record, I'm in IE...

What be the haps ED?

Eternal Density

Lack of working

Postby Eternal Density » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 am UTC

Um.... I opened a new tab and it's working fine for me. Maybe intermittent connectivityiissues from github? I dunno, I haven't touched anything in over a dip and a half.

If a tool doesn't say how many castles it destroys then it destroys none .
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”