1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Just some hotdog stuff

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 am UTC

ggh wrote:I have two hotdog questions too.
Spoiler:
Once my castle tools are making glass chips for the Tool Factory, do the Glass Ceiling and Window Washing Beanies boosts make a difference? I hired another Beanie to bring my multiplier up to 2048, but I haven't seen any gains from that.

Also, are the Discoveries limited to where you've been already? I'm on Newpix 1232 and I've only seen beach Discoveries so far. Eight sand monuments and no glass ones. Not even close to being able to attempt one, although if I hadn't been impetuous and built the mold for the first Discovery I had, I could try the lowest frame-numbered one. Ooh - that might be an idea for a boost - Break the Mold. It could let you demolish a mold in progress or one waiting to be filled so that you can devote your resources elsewhere.

Anyways, them's just ramblings. Having a great time - cheers!

ETA - One more question: Also, does Logicastle affect the chip-making of castle tools? There's no way I'm going to give up 200 levels for Panther Rush if it's going to set me back that far - my chip/tool-making is woeful as it is. But if Logicastle doesn't really matter anymore, hey, why not?
Currently the only Boost that affects both castle and glass production is bacon (it says NewPixBots produce 10x, rather than specifying castles or glass, so it does both).
WWB says it acts on the effect of Glass Ceiling and Glass Ceiling in turn specifies 'Sand rate' or 'Castles produced' - no mention of Glass.
As for Logicastle, I've just rewritten it to clarify that it only effects castle outputs, not glass outputs. Thanks for noticing that issue. So yeah, if you get Panther Rush it won't set back chip making, though it will definitely set back locked crate rewards.
Currently I haven't gotten around to adding any discoveries past 973.
Break the Mould does seem likely to be necessary. I think i'll keep going on the one I unwisely started: I'm up to 70% after several dips so I might as well keep waiting for it. But I know some other players are frustrated by glass moulds they have no chance of filling any time soon.
I also remember a request for some way to store multiple empty moulds. That would take some work but it could be done if otters think it would be of value.

ETA Hot Diggety Hotdawg Vendor Decree:
Got any suggestions/ideas for the other hotdog?

ETA halfway done making Break the Mould :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:14 am UTC

beanONG:
Image

They turned around! Scared off by the volcano?
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:16 am UTC

To whoever wrote ‘dragonflopy’: you're missing a ‘p’.

Do any of our residents have a Time-ish food recipe to share?

EDIT @BlitzGirl: maybe something else scared them off. Maybe something is now following them.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:19 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:@BlitzGirl: maybe something else scared them off. Maybe something is now following them.

I hope it's not the volcano. Volcanoes are scary enough when stationary.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:33 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Do any of our residents have a Time-ish food recipe to share?


I hear the beanies have a great cream recipe.
Image

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:40 am UTC

I think I feel like writing a story. And I think I know which one. I'm just not sure.
Remember: everything is connected.

ChronosDragon wrote:I hear the beanies have a great cream recipe.

Ice cream? Or just standard cream?

E1. On a second thought, the beanies don't seem to be in panic. Maybe this is just a test drive.

E2. While imagining some of the scenes of that story, my brain automatically set up Summer Glau as the villain. Didn't even give me a choice.

E3. And I think I'm going to coma… earlier than usual, I know.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:29 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:I hear the beanies have a great cream recipe.

Ice cream? Or just standard cream?

Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

I suppose.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:36 am UTC

I was just informed by the hotdog:
Waveney always clicks the bold fruit like a Department, according to expert witnesses.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

vendONG

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:04 am UTC

Code: Select all

## 2.897
- Clarification on SBtF description and some explanation on its stats.
- stats tabs
- Logicastle description fix
- Break the Mould boost for when you decide making a mould was a bad idea
- 3 new blackprint boosts
- Notification log text is selectable
- Prevent Glass Saw from wasting chips making blocks for which you do not have storage space

Lots of new goodies this time :D
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:29 am UTC

Hey, ED, apparently I have "Sand used in Glass Production: Math.floor(Math.PI)%"

Speaking of glass, I've got glass blocks unlocked and I'm making a few...but I can't seem to upgrade block production? Is there a boost for that at some point, and if so, how do I unlock it?
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

Wait for it.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:35 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Hey, ED, apparently I have "Sand used in Glass Production: Math.floor(Math.PI)%"

Speaking of glass, I've got glass blocks unlocked and I'm making a few...but I can't seem to upgrade block production? Is there a boost for that at some point, and if so, how do I unlock it?
Sweet :D (only 3% ? that means you mustn't be making many chips...)
You need 30 blocks before you can learn how many blocks you need to upgrade glass block production.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:46 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Hey, ED, apparently I have "Sand used in Glass Production: Math.floor(Math.PI)%"

Speaking of glass, I've got glass blocks unlocked and I'm making a few...but I can't seem to upgrade block production? Is there a boost for that at some point, and if so, how do I unlock it?
Sweet :D (only 3% ? that means you mustn't be making many chips...)
You need 30 blocks before you can learn how many blocks you need to upgrade glass block production.

Yeah, I downgraded my chip production to try for Bag Puns. Of course, I could try actually clicking, from time to time...
Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

I've probably forgotten something important

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:02 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Sweet :D (only 3% ? that means you mustn't be making many chips...)

Yeah, I downgraded my chip production to try for Bag Puns. Of course, I could try actually clicking, from time to time...

How does chip production relate to Bag Puns?
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:14 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Sweet :D (only 3% ? that means you mustn't be making many chips...)

Yeah, I downgraded my chip production to try for Bag Puns. Of course, I could try actually clicking, from time to time...

How does chip production relate to Bag Puns?


Amount of available sand, sand production rate being eaten up by chips, etc.

(I have, at any given moment, around 400M sand, and Bag Puns costs 1.4G)
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:26 am UTC

I've been doing a skimblitz of the early newpages (looking for images), and had to share this gem by our dear retired inquisitor:

Dracomax, Newpage 134 wrote:Okay, I come back after another 30 or so newpix, and discover that somewhere along the line, people have invented some sort of 1981-esque newspeak, and am mystified, confused, shocked, appalled, and somewhat intrigued by the evolution of the new "time" society.

Then I find out the reckoning is happening, and am just dissapointed.

Until I realize with this thread, now that it has been suggested, We probably will create a new language that makes no sense to the uninitiated, thus in some ways making the reckoning irrelevant.

I'm not sure whether to be proud of my part in this, or deeply, deeply disturbed.

ye ken?


(Also, I had forgotten Aluisio was an Old One. Like, Newpage-15-ish Old One. So many of the names from the early newpages are unfamiliar that I was startled to see a current OTTer.)
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

duh

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:15 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Sweet :D (only 3% ? that means you mustn't be making many chips...)

Yeah, I downgraded my chip production to try for Bag Puns. Of course, I could try actually clicking, from time to time...

How does chip production relate to Bag Puns?


Amount of available sand, sand production rate being eaten up by chips, etc.

(I have, at any given moment, around 400M sand, and Bag Puns costs 1.4G)
Ohhh to afford to buy it. Yeah.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:30 am UTC

SWARMONGS...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:32 am UTC

Huh, I guess they turned to get closer to the volcano.

I don't know if that's a wise choice. That volcano's powerful enough to blow out the right side of the frame.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6819
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:03 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I don't know if that's a wise choice. That volcano's powerful enough to blow out the right side of the frame.
It's just a flesh wound!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 am UTC

Ch*rp, StratPlayer's new sig is making me sad every Time I scroll past it on my skimblitz. :(

StratPlayer, in his sig wrote:Former member of the OTT, now moved on to other things...

(But I offer my fondest memories and warmest thoughts to all who remain or have come later)

OTT: memoratus in aeternum
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 am UTC

Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:18 am UTC

They are probably sailing against the wind. But which volcano can it be? I can't find a decent map of volcanoes in the Mediterranean, but it seems that most are in Italy. Does that mean they have sailed past Corsica already and are near Camp Flegrei or Vesuvius?
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

I seem to have upset ED on the Wiki :(

Postby mrob27 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:49 am UTC

Re: the Sandcastle_Builder page on the OTW

Eternal Density wrote:Some actual help for anyone with this problem (seriously mrob what are you trying to pull?):

I changed the offending remarks. It now says simply:
mrob27 wrote:I gave up and reset (coma'd) my hotdog. Eternal Density's answer (following) is more useful.

I apologize for offending you. :oops:

The offending remarks had suggested that someone should totally reset their Sandcastle Builder (using "coma") and then never buy more than 1 bucket and 1 NewPixBot. I also suggested restoring the hotdog from an earlier export.

The following (which was never in my wiki remarks) might also explain a bit of why I made those suggestions:

Around version 1.8, I decided the hotdog was waayyyy too complicated :shock: , so I did a "coma" to get a clean start. Even then it wasn't totally reset (for some reason it gave me Fractal Sandcastles) so then I erased the c**kies. Maybe the green hats Image were to blame.

I'm still hotdogging but at a very modest rate. I actually clicked a [redacted] then dug sand for a while so I could buy Expando, which is the most useful boost ever (really!) :D Prior to giving up on serious hotdogging, I had discovered that selling NewPixBots helped postpone the Judgment Dip warning. I still have no ch*rping clue what Judgment Dip is and whether it's bad or good, except I have a vague idea that it uses up castles and bags and then gives you something else that is good. It was distracting me too much to think about it any more. :(

Opinions or advice are welcome... I feel really bad that my honesty made @Eternal Density upset.

Spoiler:
brainslug Greenhaticon.png
Futurama b̶r̶a̶i̶n̶s̶l̶u̶g̶ green safety hat
brainslug Greenhaticon.png (4.09 KiB) Viewed 15876 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
ZoomanSP
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 11:23 am UTC
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:44 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:They are probably sailing against the wind. But which volcano can it be? I can't find a decent map of volcanoes in the Mediterranean, but it seems that most are in Italy. Does that mean they have sailed past Corsica already and are near Camp Flegrei or Vesuvius?

The Italian volcanoes are a good guess. On the other hand, 11,000 years might be enough time for new volcanoes to form, possibly closer to Château d'If. Especially when we know that something must have disturbed the area so much that the Gibraltar dam broke (ok, that might have been too close to the Beanie's present to allow for such a large volcano to form already). But maybe it wasn't an artificial dam, and there was a catastrophic event that formed the Gibratar dam (and wiped out our current civilisation) in the first place? If that happened early enough, the volcano we see now might well have been able to grow to its present size.
Wait on.

Image
Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:50 am UTC

ggh wrote:
Spoiler:
yappobiscuits wrote:
ggh wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Yeah that's the point, I was trying to say that it was unlikely to have been an actual human.


I know there are machines, and hired chirpsters, but it wasn't actually the song, right? (I can't remember the backing track - was it the same as the copyrighted one?) Should the machines have been able to have flagged it? Oh well. Sad.

Yeah, that's the thing, the backing track wasn't made by me, I just found it. And while I don't know whether or not it was official, it was super accurate to the original. And since my vocal parts followed the same tune as the original as well, it would probably be similar enough for a machine to pick it up.

Ah, fair enough then.
Glad I heard it when I did.
..and downloaded. A good thing about slow internet is the requirement to download for listening/watching later. I should have it here somewhere...

P.S. Stupid Disney. They wouldn't have many characters without "borrowing", especially including Pooh. *shakes head* *tisks*
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:10 am UTC

Image
mrob27 wrote:Opinions or advice are welcome... I feel really bad that my honesty made @Eternal Density upset.

It's all right, mrob. The hotdog is puzzling, some Times. I was lucky enough to have the Newpixbot Navigation Code boost when ED updated Judgement Dip, and I could just activate that to shut off the bots instead of trying to figure out how to stop Judgement Dip and its effects again. Your explanation of what you did makes sense in the context of your interpretation of the hotdog, and I'm sure ED will see that.

As for me, I'm still stalled out because
Spoiler:
I'm not making enough sand to afford Ninjasaw, Fractal Fractals, Keygrinder, The Key Thing, and Locked Crate. I've just been staring at them sadly for dips - they appeared in the shop a long Time ago. Lots of Waiting. Maybe somedip I'll be able to buy one.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:11 am UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:They are probably sailing against the wind. But which volcano can it be? I can't find a decent map of volcanoes in the Mediterranean, but it seems that most are in Italy. Does that mean they have sailed past Corsica already and are near Camp Flegrei or Vesuvius?

The Italian volcanoes are a good guess. On the other hand, 11,000 years might be enough time for new volcanoes to form, possibly closer to Château d'If. Especially when we know that something must have disturbed the area so much that the Gibraltar dam broke (ok, that might have been too close to the Beanie's present to allow for such a large volcano to form already). But maybe it wasn't an artificial dam, and there was a catastrophic event that formed the Gibratar dam (and wiped out our current civilisation) in the first place? If that happened early enough, the volcano we see now might well have been able to grow to its present size.

If I am correct new volcanoes usually form on the fault lines. The closest big fault line is near Vesuvius running to the south west according to this map. Due to the shifting of the plates it is likely that it's relative position to Isle d'If is going to shift a bit upwards and a bit to the west (squeezed away due to the African plate moving north east). It may be that Italy is tearing apart and that the tears are going to form new volcanoes. They would probably form near Rome.
This is all assuming rock behaves like clay on this scale, albeit a bit slower.

Ergo they would still be traveling against the wind (not the prevailing winds, but the incidental wind) in the direction south east.
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:16 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mishka
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:47 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mishka » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:11 am UTC

Time should be spun off as it's own comic.

User avatar
waveney
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm UTC
Location: The Far South of England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby waveney » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Image
As for me, I'm still stalled out because
Spoiler:
I'm not making enough sand to afford Ninjasaw, Fractal Fractals, Keygrinder, The Key Thing, and Locked Crate. I've just been staring at them sadly for dips - they appeared in the shop a long Time ago. Lots of Waiting. Maybe somedip I'll be able to buy one.

Castle Crusher may help you.

User avatar
Eternal Density
Posts: 5574
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am UTC
Contact:

In which ED fails to be funny.

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:15 am UTC

@mrob27 I was never upset. My 'what are you trying to pull?' was meant in a jocular tone. I saw your 'delete everything just to be sure' approach as being akin to people joking about debugging code with a hammer.
Also when I typed approach, SwiftKey suggested Spartacus for no apparent reason.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:18 am UTC

mishka wrote:Time should be spun off as it's own comic.

Welcome mishka.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:18 am UTC

An Old One! From Newpage 15! Image
I must admit, I would be thrilled if GLR decided to make Time another side-project-comic like What-If. But I don't know if even Randall has enough Time to do that. He mentioned how exhausting making newpix was in the blag post.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mscha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 am UTC

NAMONGS...
Image

-- posted by newpixbot
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Image
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:43 am UTC

Is that beanONG...BLUE??
Image
(For blitzers, this is what it originally looked like)


waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Image
As for me, I'm still stalled out because
Spoiler:
I'm not making enough sand to afford Ninjasaw, Fractal Fractals, Keygrinder, The Key Thing, and Locked Crate. I've just been staring at them sadly for dips - they appeared in the shop a long Time ago. Lots of Waiting. Maybe somedip I'll be able to buy one.

Castle Crusher may help you.

OMR. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thanks, waveney. :)

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Image



bean2-097 BLUEMOUNTAIN.png
bean2-097 BLUEMOUNTAIN.png (8.53 KiB) Viewed 15724 times

Keywords: BGUM waveney wavepix beanONG beanie blue purple mountain
redundant198.png
redundant198.png (154.55 KiB) Viewed 15724 times
(Edits to preserve blue mustard in case it disappears.)
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:31 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:59 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:@mrob27 I was never upset. My 'what are you trying to pull?' was meant in a jocular tone. I saw your 'delete everything just to be sure' approach as being akin to people joking about debugging code with a hammer.
Also when I typed approach, SwiftKey suggested Spartacus for no apparent reason.
Whew! Image Thanks @Eternal Density ! I was pretty worried there. I actually stopped Blitzing so I could clear this up.

And I'm not complaining about "I stopped Blitzing", because I chose to do it, and it's helping me to learn how to balance my blitzing with being on the wiki and doing things like playing your nifty game. :) (even though it's more like "watching" than "playing" :P )

I think what I really need to learn is that I wasn't knowledgable enough in SB to be participating in the SB discussion on the wiki.

BlitzGirl wrote: It's all right, mrob. The hotdog is puzzling, some Times. I was lucky enough to have the Newpixbot Navigation Code boost when ED updated Judgement Dip, and I could just activate that to shut off the bots instead of trying to figure out how to stop Judgement Dip and its effects again. Your explanation of what you did makes sense in the context of your interpretation of the hotdog, and I'm sure ED will see that.

Thanks, BG! I'm afraid my understanding of the hotdog wasn't nearly as deep as yours, I rarely even paid attention to it. Also, as has been pointed out elsewhere (where? I forget) it helps if you're reading the OTT in the Present. My perplexity came from being in the Past using SB as a way to simulate the realtime ONG experience. I'm using the hotdog for totally nonhotdog purposes. That might even be mildly hotdiggityheretical :wink:

Anyway, thanks, friends! Image no, wait that's not the right smiley… Image ahh, that's better.
Spoiler:
mscha-emoticon-0141-whew.gif
Whew! smiley from mscha, NP673
mscha-emoticon-0141-whew.gif (3.12 KiB) Viewed 15781 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
Sciscitor
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:20 am UTC
Location: Austria

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am UTC

@Chronosdragon: The new oldpixclock is awesomefull! Minor quibble: The reflections on the brass rings should be all in the same direction to make it look more realistic.
Concering avatars: I've got a few of them in the Database, though some of them are missing. You can check them out on the individual user pages.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:36 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Is that beanONG...BLUE??

Nah, seems more purple. Might it be a iodine gas cloud? That means the temp is above 184°C (363°F) and thus not a good place to be in. The cloud will probably roll over Isle d'If and kill all Beanies. Thus end the Beanies.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
waveney
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm UTC
Location: The Far South of England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby waveney » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:39 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Is that beanONG...BLUE??

Nah, seems more purple.

Only Black, White and Greys have been used.

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:43 am UTC

waveney wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Is that beanONG...BLUE??

Nah, seems more purple.

Only Black, White and Greys have been used.

Blue-gray? (Or purple-gray?) That background mountain on the far left is definitely in color on my browser.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
waveney
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm UTC
Location: The Far South of England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby waveney » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:53 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
waveney wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Is that beanONG...BLUE??

Nah, seems more purple.

Only Black, White and Greys have been used.

Blue-gray? (Or purple-gray?) That background mountain on the far left is definitely in color on my browser.

It shouldn't be but I believe you. I blaim paint.

Future Beany ONG chapters will be produced in GIMP - I downloaded it a couple of days ago and I am slowly getting the hang of it. I only know the start of chapter 3 and have no idea where to take it yet.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests