1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:30 pm UTC

Wow, 504 mustard causing duplicates everywhere! I managed to delete one of mine, but there's still one duplicate left which doesn't have a delete button... maybe we need to get a mod in here to clear them up for us... This redundancy is not so molpish...
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

azule
Saved

Postby azule » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:40 pm UTC

CLEANUP ON NP1676! Mods may need to clean up the redundancy. Or...is that a bad precedence to start?

Great job, Dracomax and slinches, on your versions!

Angelastic wrote:The sea has changed since we arrived.
The reason's found in Time, not tide.
Our one stream, small and intermittent.
The sea knew inflows our kindred didn't.

Oh, Time cocooned before Time flew,
the water and the sand you.
We'll do what we're about to do,
we'll find out things we never knew
Oh, move the stars and move us too,
The water and the sand and you.
Nice one. I especially liked the bolded lyrics. The second one sounded a bit like a Kermit the Frog lyric. :)

balthasar_s wrote:I'm currently writing the NewpixbOTTificattion program.
I don't know what that would mean, but looking forward to it. I agree on the issues with a Time 2 thread. Any consensus on what to do? I think it will get it's own thread based on forum rules, but should we migrate there, should we stay away from that redundathread?

Don't feel bad, Earthling, no one ever did my unofficial OSH either.

5 more posts of mine left. What shall I do. Oh yeah, finish. :(

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:55 pm UTC

Wow, so much redundancy on the last page!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

HES

Postby HES » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 pm UTC

What the chirp? Am I the only one seeing a mustard sea of duplicate posts?

ETA apparently not. I forgot the newpage again :oops:
He/Him/His Image

balthasar_s

Re: 11.900: "Time"

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:24 pm UTC

azule wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:I'm currently writing the NewpixbOTTificattion program.
I don't know what that would mean, but looking forward to it.

balthasar_s wrote:The recent brokenNewpixbotheads problems gave me an idea. I will try to write a program that given an image generates a new one in which Newpixbot is holding the original image.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:53 pm UTC

Welcome back, Angelastic!! :mrgreen: And wowterful ottification!
And a molpish Cueganmassy ottification by Dracomax!
And slinches brought a groovy "AfterTime Delight!" It's a musical OTT todip!
Ooh, and an OSH! I might have to go try and find that...

yappobiscuits wrote:I prefer winter hiking personally. Too hot and tiring in the summer, and I prefer the atmosphere of winter too (even though things do look pretty in summer). I got me some new ski goggles and boot spikes earlier this year and can't wait to try them out!

I like snowshoeing! It's like winter hiking, but with bigger shoes that can conquer seaish amounts of semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesonice.

yappobiscuits wrote:Wow, 504 mustard causing duplicates everywhere! I managed to delete one of mine, but there's still one duplicate left which doesn't have a delete button... maybe we need to get a mod in here to clear them up for us... This redundancy is not so molpish...

That was a very Image newpage - I thought I was going crazy for a millinewpix.
...I mean, going crazier than I am already.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:56 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Wow, 504 mustard causing duplicates everywhere! I managed to delete one of mine, but there's still one duplicate left which doesn't have a delete button... maybe we need to get a mod in here to clear them up for us... This redundancy is not so molpish...

What redundant posts? The mustard didn't make me post anything redundant.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

DrSamCarter

Postby DrSamCarter » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:01 pm UTC

'Tis the season ...

Time1503christmassy.jpg

RSIR

Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:06 pm UTC

Wowterful, DrSamCarter! :)

SBN wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

What redundant posts? The mustard didn't make me post anything redundant.

AAAH I AM CRAZY I mean, you sneaky Time-travelling molpy, you.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:08 pm UTC

Treeish, DrSamCarter! In more ways than one!

Funnily enough, it was almost exactly 1000 NPs ago that Megball stumbled upon the baobabs.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:10 am UTC

Not quite ketched up, but I will soon be boarding that big iron raptor, and won't remembe what I wanted to respond to. My phone sucks, so there.may be mustard in this post. Speaking of mustard, I got a Chicago-style hot dog for dinner, despite the fact that it has mustard but no ketchup.

Let'ds see, Yay! addams, marchllight and angelastic stopped by! Glad to see ED posted again.. And there were some fun otties : After Time Delight, I heard the ONGS, that one angelastic did. Cute wolpy pics, slinches. And other stuff I e already forgotten.

The voldeframe is a bit of a bummer, just cause i thought it would go somewhere else. We already went through this! But it may still, so I shall, you know.

I think this.post is a bit disjointed, sorry! You're all awesome. Merry happy holidips!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:30 am UTC

ONGUARDEDNESS...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:34 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Not quite ketched up, but I will soon be boarding that big iron raptor, and won't remembe what I wanted to respond to. My phone sucks, so there.may be mustard in this post. Speaking of mustard, I got a Chicago-style hot dog for dinner, despite the fact that it has mustard but no ketchup.

Let'ds see, Yay! addams, marchllight and angelastic stopped by! Glad to see ED posted again.. And there were some fun otties : After Time Delight, I heard the ONGS, that one angelastic did. Cute wolpy pics, slinches. And other stuff I e already forgotten.

The voldeframe is a bit of a bummer, just cause i thought it would go somewhere else. We already went through this! But it may still, so I shall, you know.

I think this.post is a bit disjointed, sorry! You're all awesome. Merry happy holidips!

I'd highly advise holding out for an aluminum raptor.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

HES

Postby HES » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:09 am UTC

A steel raptor at the very least. Especially if it travels on grapevines, you don't want those to be brittle.

As for disjointed posts, well.

OTTmas has really snuck up on me, I had so many plans for ottifications. Maybe I'll do some tomorrow between wrapping. I disassembled my lapleopard tidip, and successfully demustarded it so it's actually usable again.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Re: Time After Time

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:11 am UTC

mscha wrote:ONGUARDEDNESS...
Spoiler:
[right]Image

Newpixbot must be telling us to be on guard...the epilogue sequence of ABCDE matched the last five panpix perfectly, but this new ONG actually matches epilogue oldpix C... and I don't think ABCDEC is part of any of the four known epilogue cycles.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:59 am UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:Oh, also, nobody ever answered this OSH from three pages ago:
Earthling on Mars wrote:
OSH

This is Megball*.
What newpix are they from?

*Or Cuegan, if you prefer, ni ni ni ni ni.

If it looks too hard, take a close look at the ground. :wink:

Is it 1011?
Spoiler:

It's close, but I'm not sure if that's the right newpix.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

OrbitalFacePalm9001

Postby OrbitalFacePalm9001 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:51 am UTC

ucim wrote:
addams wrote:I am not even a Citizen of Time.
The ch*rp you aren't! You are very much a citizen of Time. Remember the Most Holy Prayer of BlitzGirl: ...As grains of Sand(semencancercoffeebabies) in a Sandcastle, this needle-pulled thing works best when we are not all of the same shape. Our quirks clasp us together all the more strongly, so that when we Wait for it together - whatever Time we may travel, whatever sect we may splinter, whatever graph or song or hat we share - we are not alone. For though Time may scatter us among the pastposts and the Present, in the end, it is also what brought us to this mad, mad, glorious home in the first place.

Time would not be the same without you. It is not the end, for there is Time after Time, and there is Time after Time after Time, and it will be thus for a hundred years, and for a hundred centuries.

And after that, it will keep on continuing.

Just a bit of ketchup too... so much 503 (and now 504) mustard it requires ketchup! I'll probably miss stuff because I'm relying on my memory (and memory is the second thing to go!), but a belated "Molpy! Grapevine!" to Scissitor! Great to see you back. And great to see the new data! And speaking of new data, where is Kieryn? I've been enjoying his otherothercomics, but miss him here! And a welcome to OrbitalFacePalm9001... (I wonder whatever happened to HAL9000... hmmm.... Better check the basement!

Welcome back to slinches too! Looking forward to your wolpy pix! And marchlight too! Welcome back!

azule wrote:Image
Molpish! But are you sure that you didn't also raise a computer network with that same conditioning? Maybe that's why we're getting 503s - the network is speaking Beanish instead of TCP-IP. :)

Eternal Density, I noticed your message too, but there was so much mustard that even when I could get through, I couldn't always get through. Happy BB8(hex)! (And yappo noticed too... long before!) Secret message? That I did not find. (If I found it, I suppose it wouldn't be secret, would it?) And azule - happy 1066! Didn't something big happen then?

Treeish Blitz, BaconGirl! That is what HODOR should have been.

SBN wrote:
Spoiler:
Great find! Looks a lot like BlitzGirl's molpy army. Yeah, she ninja'd me on that, but there you go. Redundancy. :)

OrbitalFacePalm9001 wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:So I place upon you a Quest, to prove that you are able to travel through time.
How do I do that
Well, if you could somehow manage to change time, such as by making a post that was in the past say something that it did not say when it was in its own present, then that would prove your worthiness. 'Tis a perilous quest, time travel. Be on your guard! (and don't put on any green "safety hats". :)

Now, if you could somehow manage to make the Voldeframe not have happened, and Time continue on, that would prove not only worthiness, but Awesome GreatBaobabishness.

I wonder if after the five endish frames, we'll see the raft break free, and drift off somewhere. And we still have two Beanies to account for. So, the saga is not over yet! It isn't. You must keep the faith, otherwise what good is all the religion we've developed here in the thread?

All of you, have a Most Molpish holidip, and be safe in your travels. :)

Jose
(eta marchlight, and to fix mustard)

Done. I edited my lunch lost post to "Help."
>implying that you can't greentext on xkcd forums

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:30 am UTC

LONGULELLA...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

azule
Saved

4 more posts

Postby azule » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:52 am UTC

Thanks for checking which frames those are so we can track them, BlitzGirl. But the sequence ABCDEC is actually correct. You gotta ignore the ABCDE as it's not part of any recurring sequences. If the C is followed by another C then we're on track for it being the same sequence as Time.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

BlitzGirl

Re: 4 more posts

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:28 am UTC

azule wrote:Thanks for checking which frames those are so we can track them, BlitzGirl. But the sequence ABCDEC is actually correct. You gotta ignore the ABCDE as it's not part of any recurring sequences. If the C is followed by another C then we're on track for it being the same sequence as Time.

Ah yes, thanks for the correction! That next newpix is a D, so we have CD so far, which may put the panpix on track for copying exactly what happened after the Voldiframe and initial five oldpix.

I hope we don't have to watch the epilogue sequence over again. Having it on repeat on the OTC page is endish enough.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:50 am UTC

BlindPosting from 1675
Cheered by Sigcouragement from many.

I've made it to 1675/1677
Holy Chirp, so close! Just two bacons! If I could just bacon awake for just a tiny bit of bacon, I'd be in the present present within a bacon. I could answer your bacons facepost to facepost, as they happen! That would be so bacon!

ggh wrote:<snip>MistyCat, I am honoured to see that you grabbed an avatar from the wOTTerfall, and mortified to see that I had written your name wrong, leaving the C uncapitalized (how silly of me; the C is big!) Do you want to grab this frame instead? It's got a capital C, and is slightly darkened on the left to make the M more legible.
Spoiler:
If you want, I could give you the component pieces too so that you could make holiday avatars and whatnot if you wanted to.
Thank you again. The first avatar was all that I needed and now I have more than I need. The seaish C's needs match my own. I've helped myself to all that I need, including the big C. The C is big and it can do what it wants.
Spoiler:
Havet är stort och kan förakta ordvitsen sågen. Jag vill ha godis, choklad och en bekväm stol. Och källare torus-formade glaserade kolhydrater med strössel. Ja!

I shall reach the end, which is a riverish two pages away. It's there. It's not far, far away, to be reached after much effort. It's just a little bit further.
I shall reach the end.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

waveney

Happy Holidips

Postby waveney » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:00 am UTC

I will be away for a few dips in the stone age at my mothers (No internet, bearly any phone signal) here is a timely reposting of an ottification I did months ago.

Molpish Holdips Everymolpy.

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:17 am UTC

Holy ch*rp! I'm actually logged in!

waveney wrote:I will be away for a few dips in the stone age at my mothers (No internet, bearly any phone signal) here is a timely reposting of an ottification I did months ago.

... and as it turns out, it's 3 am here. Howdidyouknow?

MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 1675

Holy Chirp, so close! Just two bacons! If I could just bacon awake for just a tiny bit of bacon, I'd be in the present present within a bacon. I could answer your bacons facepost to facepost, as they happen! That would be so bacon!
I'm sitting at the edge of my bacon, waiting to properly bacon you! I can feel that timewhirlyportal baconing, but alas, coma calls.

We'll just have to
Spoiler:
bacon
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 am UTC

COCOONONGS...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:58 am UTC

ucim wrote:<snip>
We'll just have to
Spoiler:
bacon
Jose

To bacon, or not to bacon, that is the question
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The lack of that glorious taste
Or to consume the sow and bear
and by eating end them? To die, to sleep
No more; and by sleep, to say we end
The life of the sow or bear
That the Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To eat, to taste,

One day I will rewrite the whole thing
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:20 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

OrbitalFacePalm9001

Re: Happy Holidips

Postby OrbitalFacePalm9001 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:04 am UTC

waveney wrote:I will be away for a few dips in the stone age at my mothers (No internet, bearly any phone signal) here is a timely reposting of an ottification I did months ago.

"bearly"

PUN DETECTED DEPLOYING SCRUMPTIOUS DONUTS
>implying that you can't greentext on xkcd forums

yappobiscuits

Molpy Ch*rpmas!

Postby yappobiscuits » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:59 am UTC

I made a holidip present present for y'all!
Seaish version

Redundant:
Spoiler:
This is my 50th redundakitty! Nowhere near as many as BlitzGirl, but I make all of mine unique, so yeah, treeish!
OTT Xmas riverish.png

redundakitty50.jpg

Neil_Boekend

Re: Molpy Ch*rpmas!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:25 am UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:
I made a holidip present present for y'all!
Seaish version

Redundant:
Spoiler:
This is my 50th redundakitty! Nowhere near as many as BlitzGirl, but I make all of mine unique, so yeah, treeish!
OTT Xmas riverish.png

redundakitty50.jpg

Brillilous Yappo!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:25 am UTC

MistyCat wrote:BlindPosting from 1675

I shall reach the end, which is a riverish two pages away. It's there. It's not far, far away, to be reached after much effort. It's just a little bit further.
I shall reach the end.

MistyCat! You'll be here for Cueganmas! Yay!
Have some cake!
ucim wrote:Holy ch*rp! I'm actually logged in!

... and as it turns out, it's 3 am here. Howdidyouknow?

I'm on the other side of that problem. The wolpies and I get up at our normal time, to discover that everyone else just barely molpied down.

Some Ways to Time

january1may

Re: Happy Holidips

Postby january1may » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:39 am UTC

You (probably) don't know what you're calling "stone age"!
Way back when BlitzGirl was finishing her first blitz (late April to early May by the Outside calendar), I had to spend a few dips in the Eastern Carpathians. There was snow everywhere, the rivers were small but not small enough to jump across them, and we walked uphill most of the way. :)
(And no, there wasn't particularly much phone signal, either.)

...Seriously, the comic above is pretty close to my own situation. Just last *night, I only went to bed around 4am, and the previous few *nights it was often even later (won't quote it specifically, but my most recent blitz report ended with something along the lines of "I really should've been in bed seven nopix ago").
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:09 pm UTC

Perfect reposting of the OTTercomic, waveney. Seeing as I am in my parents' house, it's 4am, and I'm the only one awake... :mrgreen:
Treeish Baconspeare, Neil!
Aww, such a wowterful picture, yappo! So many OTCharacters! Image Happy Holidips to you, too!

MistyCat wrote: The seaish C's needs match my own. I've helped myself to all that I need, including the big C. The C is big and it can do what it wants.
Spoiler:
Havet är stort och kan förakta ordvitsen sågen. Jag vill ha godis, choklad och en bekväm stol. Och källare torus-formade glaserade kolhydrater med strössel. Ja!

Spaketh Google Translate: "The ocean is big and may despise the pun saw. I want candy, chocolate, and a comfortable chair. And basement torus-shaped glazed carbohydrates with sprinkles. Yes!"

How dare you request the basement torus-shaped glazed carbohydrates with sprinkles! The scrumptious basement torus-shaped glazed carbohydrates are not made to order! You will enjoy whatever basement torus-shaped glazed carbohydrates you get, be they sprinkled or not!

In any case, here you go, and a warm pre-welcome to the Now!
Spoiler:

Yes, they have sprinkles. It's Christmas after all. :wink:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

micdi

Postby micdi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:27 pm UTC

Hey OTTers, Sorry I can only talk like an outsider, it has been too long since I last lookad at the OTT. I would love to catch up, but I feel it is a challenge too big for me, can you give me a tour? (I know there is the wiki, but i don't want to read it all, and it's more fun like this...)
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

mscha

Time After Time

Postby mscha » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

GREONGAGE...
ImageImage
-- posted by newpixbot

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:35 pm UTC

To all OTTers merry holidips from a very sunny and relativly warm apline country, looking nothing like a snowy christmas eve at all.
My statistics tools work again and I have to announce a very happy fact: In the last two wips we grew again from barely 20 OTTers a day to almost 30! The graphics can be seen as usual on my site at mschas. (Welcome back Angelastic!)
With that I am leaving for a nice family evening with roasted raptor and egg liqueur and vanilla ice for dessert. I hope all of you have a nice and warm and loving celebration too.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 pm UTC

micdi wrote:Hey OTTers, Sorry I can only talk like an outsider, it has been too long since I last lookad at the OTT. I would love to catch up, but I feel it is a challenge too big for me, can you give me a tour? (I know there is the wiki, but i don't want to read it all, and it's more fun like this...)

Welcome back. Maybe go read MistyCat's or mrob27's posts to hit the highlights. Or just jump in from here, that's fine too. Most of us still understand outsider, and if you don't understand our OTTish just let us know and we'll translate.

Some Ways to Time

micdi

Postby micdi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 pm UTC

Thanks, but I just decided I will blitz, starting on page 182 or something like that, when I last posted here :)
If I come across anything, stupid as maybe, I will probably post it, so don't wonder.
Blitzing the OTT (hibernating).
Sometimes flickering into the Present.

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:54 pm UTC

micdi wrote:Thanks, but I just decided I will blitz, starting on page 182 or something like that, when I last posted here :)
If I come across anything, stupid as maybe, I will probably post it, so don't wonder.

Randall be with you!

Some Ways to Time

adnapemit

Postby adnapemit » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:17 pm UTC

Since it has just become Cueganmas dip here I should probably go coma.
But before I do I want to wish everyone a molpish molpy holidips.
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:27 pm UTC

Holidip ketchup!

Awesomeful ottifications, Dracomax!
Steakish OTT-if7, yappo!
The new AotC was treeish as always, ucim.
Welcome back, Angelastic! It's molpish to see you, and thanks for the ottification4!
And another ottification4, this time by slinches!
Treeish OTThercomic, waveney! Molpish Holidips to you and everymolpy else, too! Except for yappo, who gets a molpy ch*rpmas! :mrgreen: Steakish and awesomeful OTColourmanipification! And it includes turtlemolpy! It seems like the proportion of ice in the semencancercoffeebaconbabies has increased...

lmjb1964 wrote:Why am I still up? It's 3:30 AMH. I'm supposed to go coma so I can get up early tomorrow and pack. Ch*rp.

And it's a lonely place here on the thread. Me and a handful or guests. I should probably take that as a sign to coma.

ETA: Tho' now Zooman is here. Hi, Zooman!

And then ETA to add "ETA"

Hi lmjb! :)
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:31 pm UTC

I'm here. Now. Here and now. I've de-Blitzed. Not Blitzing any more because I've achieved the whole purpose of a Blitz which is to be here. Now. In the present. After blitzing. I should have gone coma but it's Christmas eve, and who can properly coma on Christmas Eve when you're waiting for your coal!

I was looking forward to realtime interaction in the immediate now, but now I'm presently present (at Christmas) and want so much to say so much to things like yappobiscuit's Merry Ch*rpmas post and the gift of Cake from SBN and to apologise for not including a translation in my last post (thanks, BlitzGirl), but my mind has lost a goal. The journey was so much more than the destination.

Hey, you ch*rping ch*rpwit, do you realise just how offensive that could sound?

Um, no? Every OTTer has been through the Voldeframe despair. Cakes and Ale, Tea and Sympathy, empathy, forgiveness, other old book titles. That's the OTT.

Well, if you're sure. Bring your own sprinkles. You're here now. Do something.

Who, me? Anything I can do, every OTTer can do better. And has done.

Just fake it. OTTify something.

Well, okay. Does it have to be good?

Duh. Just do it.

But I'm not my normal happy purring self. My Blitz has obsessed me for the past four mips, and now it's over. It's over. There's something missing from my life.

Quit whining. Even attractive, young, clever and creative people can't get away with that. What chance do you have, you dried-up old ch*rpwit?

Oh, thank you just enough. Now get lost, I have OTTifying to do.

Spoiler:
CueganMegball

I met a traveller from an antique land
Who said: A vast and sculpted house of sand
Stands in the desert. Near it, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered molpy lies, whose hand,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is Cuegan Megball, queens and kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Woulds't that that time could now to us return
The Ongs awaited constant in their thrum.
Repeated and redundant, with Time's turn
A hive of molpish movement, like a drum
beat, keeping time, repeating Time; that beat
that like a Molpy's heartbeat loud and strong
will tick off tallies totalled, treeish, neat;
But yet each newpix tallied, every Ong
that echoes, heard or unheard, is the same
beat of the drum that counts the life-sand's fall
through life's constricted hourglass; though the game
was magic, like the wond'rous wowterfall,
the journey ends in evil. And the name
of all that's evil is this: Voldeframe.

Oh Ch*rp. Not quite as fun-filled as I intended. I had a whole different idea when I started that, but I think my coma-lack took over.

OK. Coma. Now. Not later. Now. Coma.

Look, you self-centered moggy, what have you forgotten?

Hey, I'm old. I forget stuff... Oh, you're right. Merry thingy, everymolp.
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”