1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:27 am UTC

Cueball once more engages in Megan-watching...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

january1may

Postby january1may » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:34 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
SBN wrote:
january1may wrote:And turns out my paternal parent really doesn't like me not in bed at *midnight, so I guess I have to finish my report now :cry:

By my parenting style, that makes you a really young OTTer. I think the concept of bedtime stopped existing around here about second grade. The kids, and their noise, had to be in their rooms by 9 pm, but I didn't try to enforce sleep as long as they were functional the next day. Now they are in college, and do reasonably well at deciding when to sleep, when to study, etc.

Your kids must just be naturally well organised/self-disciplined then :P - as soon as bedtimes no longer became a thing for me, my sleeping patterns became ch*rped in no time :P

You and me both, yappo. And, truth be told, even in high school my coma patterns were ch*ped. I would stay up late doing my homework (there's a slight chance I may have been procrastinating), and one or the other of my parental units would come in and yell at me.

Obviously, january1may, you need a smartphone or tablet which you can use to continue your blitz under the covers, a high-tech (and non-heretical) version of reading under the covers with a flashlight.

I also wanted to mention that, being, as CD put it, a 'Murican (Ch*rp yeah!), I always read your username as January 1 (as in first of January)-May. But since you write JFOM, I'm thinking I had it backwards and it's actually January-First of May. Obviously.

My coma/hallucination patterns seem to usually correspond with the UK or something a little bit west (Iceland?) - while our official timezone corresponds more to the Urals (thank you DST). It's a bit funny, though, that my paternal parent's pattern (repeat that twice fast :D) seems to be the same as mine, yet he still wants me to go to bed when it is officially midnight (which is actually about 10:30pm solar) - then stays at the TV for the next few *hours anyway.

We do have a smartphone, but it's supposed to belong to my younger brother, and in practice tends to belong to our mother. I haven't had an opportunity to take it to bed since back in *August (when we stayed at a place with no official internet connection, and had to use the mobile network).

And as for the full version of my username, it's actually neither of these. Both of your guesses are pretty close, but neither is entirely correct. I don't think I really made it that much of a secret, actually (I even made a user page on the wiki using the original Russian version).

EDIT: What, pope again? Can't say I expected that. I didn't even have any decree in mind (in fact, I wanted to use this reply for my next blitz report, but my non-blitz-related reply went on so long that I decided to put the blitz report in a separate post). Um... continue blitzing if you're doing it anyway, and continue the existing discussions from NP1691 otherwise?
Last edited by january1may on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:43 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Cueball once more engages in Megan-watching...

This indicates a bit more involved fanfic in the near future.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:45 am UTC

Hi. Checking in. Hope you all got what you wanted over Christmas (should that be a thing you do) or otherwise had a restful time.

OTTOT
Spoiler:
For the life of me I cannot get to infinite sand. I've been running this now since early December and cannot see how to increase my sand dig rate without slowly making more glass tools and increasing recycling beanies and window washers. I'm probably missing something but don't know what. I'm just going to carry on waiting for it.
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 am UTC

Hi, Hal that is Red! It's treeish to see you! :)

SB spoilers (not really off-topic because everything is topical in the OTT):
Spoiler:
It took me some Time to get over that infinite sand-rate hump, too. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but for a long Time I had infinite castles and finite sand, which was annoying. But if you Wait for it, eventually you'll get there. Focus on the glass tool-making and it should happen on its own (sounds like you are in the early stages of glass tools). If you have infinite castles and need infinite sand momentarily (to purchase something, for example) try using Castle Crusher. You might also check SB's subreddit (if you haven't already) because players there are bent-baobabish* and discuss the mechanics of the game a lot.

Or maybe ED will happen back in here and have a suggestion, though my basementing molpies are anxious about him.

*probably know what they're doing
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Or maybe ED will happen back in here and have a suggestion, though my basementing molpies are anxious about him.

I think he is unhapppy about something - I think he needs some friendly mesages.

As for the SB
Spoiler:
There are two ways to get to Infinite sand dig rate (that I know of) either through recycling beanies & window washers or through Bacon - I think ED expected the Bacon route to be used and was surprised when I did it the other way (I could not get Bacon for a while)

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 am UTC

mscha wrote:BONGKA...
Spoiler:

Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

What kind of treeε,8 is that?

waveney wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Or maybe ED will happen back in here and have a suggestion, though my basementing molpies are anxious about him.

I think he is unhapppy about something - I think he needs some friendly mesages.

For ED:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:07 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:

Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Why, a Bongka tree, of course...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm UTC

The word "Bongka" makes me think of this short story by John Scalzi: http://www.tor.com/stories/2008/07/after-the-coup
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:27 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
Spoiler:

Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

I'd say it's an oak that was pushed askew by a rockslide years ago (probably approximately 10 years, assuming the soil is as good as the soil around my home). It then continued to grow upwards because it had nothing better to do. It is more probable that it's another type of tree but I'd say oak because I am not a botanist.

Or it's a disguised sentry for the military camp that is just over the top. In that case it will probably kill them to keep the secret camp hidden. Thus end the MysteryPix.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0315

Postby mscha » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

MINDBOGGLONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:43 pm UTC

Thank you for your help! I have no bacon (NP511) and am just building my first sand monument. I shall continue making glass tools. Waiting...Image
Lost Greatest Silent Baby X Y Z. "There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:47 pm UTC

Molpy up!
HES wrote:
Spoiler:

ETA: Now I need to molpy down... er, again :roll:

:mrgreen: Awesomeful!
lmjb1964 wrote:Hey, has anyone seen ED? Looks like he hasn't been around for a few days. He hasn't gone to the basement, has he? :shock:

Yeah, I was thinking we haven't seen him in a while... Hope he's just busy hotdogging or molpy hunting and isn't basemented... :(
newpixbot wrote:BONGKA...
Spoiler:

A new treeish tree! And also: "Dat ass..."
taixzo wrote:New othercomic!

And a good one too! After two obscure computer geeky othercomics in a row that I didn't understand, it's molpish to see one I very much agree with. :)
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm UTC

Red Hal wrote:Thank you for your help! I have no bacon (NP511) and am just building my first sand monument. I shall continue making glass tools. Waiting...Image

Making a glass steam engine is more difficult albeit cooler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73txXT21aZU

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:52 pm UTC

Red Hal wrote: Waiting...Image

AAH SPINNY CIRCLE
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Red Hal
Magically Delicious

Postby Red Hal » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:53 pm UTC

This transparency is ... problematic.

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:58 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I'd say it's an oak that was pushed askew by a rockslide years ago (probably approximately 10 years, assuming the soil is as good as the soil around my home). It then continued to grow upwards because it had nothing better to do. It is more probable that it's another type of tree but I'd say oak because I am not a botanist.

It is not an Oak - it is too squat. As it is mediteranean perhaps an Olive? I agree it has had some trauma in its past and has regrown at a new angle. I am surprised at the lower branches though - in general they are prunned at deer hieght, this has a much lower height uphill than downhill.

The hill is however very steep and rocky - what s it? Is it a volcano?

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:34 pm UTC

Yeah, that mountain goatpy family we saw earlier should be nibbling on the tree a bit...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:05 pm UTC

Hey, a firstpost! From page 1691.

PayasYouDraw wrote:Hello from Newpage 530. I'm Blitzing the thread and I hope that some of you see my first post. I know how many first posts on this needle pulled thing have been missed due to the way the forum works.

Don't worry about spoilers for the OTC as I've already viewed the whole thing on geekwagon after reading Randall's Blag post on it. Then I got curious about the OTT and started reading from the beginning. This is all about the OTT for me, which is an incredible journey in itself. Frankly I have no idea what's been going on since the OTC ended that keeps the thread at the top, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to see what it is. Well apart from the Newpixbot apparently looping the comic.

I've seen much happiness, sadness, madness. I've seen Popes die and then return (as zombies possibly). I've seen all manner of amazing hats, and wonder if the Buffydashery will open again. I've seen lonely moments such as poor freevortex on page 520 who joined just to say that comic 115 mentions gorillas and due to the high speed nature of the thread was probably missed and they never posted again. I've seen all manner of predictions about Megan, Cueball, castles, coffeesemencancerbabies, death, looping or whatever.

Right now Cuegan (Megball?) are at the newly discovered river and are heading upstream. A death cult of sorts seems to have emerged relating to how the OTC could end at each Newpix. But frankly all I can think about right now is how "Rolling Back The Rivers In Time" by Girls Aloud (ask a Brit) would be the perfect theme song right about now. I can't link you do it so you'll have to use your search engine of choice.

I feel like I know you all, but obviously you don't know me. I promised myself not to skip ahead, so any sigcouragement is welcome. See you eventually.

Welcome, PayasYouDraw! Good luck on your blitz, and hope to see you in the Present somedip soon!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:12 pm UTC

Welcome, PayasYouDraw! (Or welcome whenever you read this. :wink: ) Sounds like you're enjoying your blitz, which is awesomeful! I'll drop some sigcouragement your way.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

8 newpages behind!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:13 pm UTC

Code: Select all

## hotdog update: version 3.292
- Seaish boosts only take 500 purifier/extruder level rather than 1000
- Now Where Was I boost by waveney
- Fix to Rob for Classic by waveney
- Logicat puzzle deducted as soon as you pay for one (so it can't also be used for Shadow Dragon): also waveney
- Castle Tool text clarified (waveney started it but I redid it my way)
- Fast Forward was utterly broken (took you to newpix NaN)
- Getting prizes from locking prizes wasn't taking into account that you might already have some prizes
- Bag of Holding nerfed to only hold 1W of each kind of Stuff. Having additional Bags of Something multiplies this by 1W for each.
- Shadow Dragon shows greedy/generous in bonemeal reward message
- Ninja Lockdown prevents Impervious Ninja from being given when enabled
- Factory Automation costs are not increased if you don't have AA (important for Bag of Moulding)
- WotA stats has more text.
- Magic Mirror is now unlocked when you activate the Camera if you currently have 10 or more Minus Discoveries (rather than keeping a counter of how many minus discoveries have been made)
- Hall of Mirrors mentions change to MHP cost
- Major Logicat Puzzle change: puzzles are guaranteed solvable, you can answer any number of questions you like (including none) and are rewarded based on the difference between the number of correct and incorrect answers.
- Lower reward and higher penalty on the second chance. Second chance is offered if you have at least 1 incorrect answer, but is optional (you are informed how many are incorrect)
- New option of combining some multiple of 10 puzzles together to save time (e.g. if you have 51 to 60 puzzles available you may pay for 50 puzzles answer a puzzle, and get 50 times the reward or penalty)
- Puzzles are possibly a little less interesting though: statements are made up of less parts (1 or sometimes 2, but no triples. I'll probably work on that, and add 'implies' at some point.)
- Unlock Buzz Saw if you already have infinite glass
- Added a way to avoid infinite sand (to allow blizting) when you have an infinite sand dig rate)
- Lightning Strikes Twice used to boost the power of Glassed Lightning but I changed it to boost the countdown a while ago. Now it does *both*
- Added a use for vacuum: getting more blackprints
- Recycling Beanies wasn't refreshing on upgrade.
- Glass Saw didn't refresh on use
- Prevent Zookeeper from refreshing Caged Logicat while it is displaying a puzzle
- Buffed Glass Saw a lot
- Notification about awarding Temporal Duplication wasn't accounting for owning Temporal Duplication because it was bought *after* it was described
- Changed Dragon Forge rounding so you'll get a minimum 0.04x rather than 0x duplication multiplier without a charged Lightning Rod

### haven't yet done:
- rewrite notifications entirely
- dragon queen stuff
- limit how many discoveries (etc) get drawn at a time
- lots of other stuff that's on github that I haven't got to yet but I know it's there

Now you have infinite problems.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Re: 8 newpages behind!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:Now you have infinite problems.

I got infinite problems but a basemented hotdog vendor ain't one. :mrgreen:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:26 pm UTC

freevortex wrote:There's another one, comic 115, that mentions gorillas.

It keeps telling me that my message was flagged as spam?

And here's the comic:
"Gorilla, yes. Adorable golden retriever, yes. But it says nothing about meerkats"

This was a response to this post, by another lost one:
J-Hammy wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:
J-Hammy wrote:I love it when someone makes some general statement about xkcd here, it always brings back random comics.

I've never seen a gorilla in an xkcd comic!

The only mention of gorillas is in the spreadsheet Randall provides for the implementation of his Backward-in-Time program.

WHAAAT!? I didn't know that spreadsheet was there! I have some studying to do. I love this forum!

BlitzGirl wrote:The word "Bongka" makes me think of this short story by John Scalzi: http://www.tor.com/stories/2008/07/after-the-coup

Treeish!
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

Eternal Density

less newpages behind!

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:28 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:Now you have infinite problems.

I got infinite problems but a basemented hotdog vendor ain't one. :mrgreen:

I'm ketching up a bit even though it's nearly 1:30 AM (whatever that means???)
There's talk of aircraft, flapping wings, LaCuetite, and negative atmospheres. Molpish!
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

BlitzGirl

Re: less newpages behind!

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:32 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:There's talk of aircraft, flapping wings, LaCuetite, and negative atmospheres. Molpish!

Now I'm picturing LaCuetite riding an aircraft with flapping wings through a negative atmosphere. The "aircraft" might be a dragon. I haven't decided yet.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:New othercomic!

What is this colour all about? It's nice and all, but makes OTTifying in paint a lot more mustardful. [/heresy]

Hi, PayasYouDraw! It's been a long while since we've had a pope-bump. Congratulations on reaching your past present, our present present, and we will see you in the future present!

BlitzGirl wrote:Here, let me get that punsaw for you:

I'm glad you saw reason.

mscha wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:What kind of treeε,8 is that?

Why, a Bongka tree, of course...

And now we have an adjective for "slightly bent on a hillside". Neat.

Hmm, seems that Cuegan are a little Bongka this TaTpix.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:42 pm UTC

HES wrote:

I'm glad you saw reason.

I'm glad you gave me a reason to saw...
VITSSÅGEN, JA!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:22 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
HES wrote:

I'm glad you saw reason.

I'm glad you gave me a reason to saw...
VITSSÅGEN, JA!

I'm just glad you saw the reason to saw the saw pun with the saw.

he/him/his

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:27 pm UTC

RELATED
Also, I'm stuck reverse-blitzing Cyanide and Happiness and am not getting any work done. Help!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:34 pm UTC

AAAAAAAAAAAH
Spoiler:

ED: Thanks for the seaish amount of SB updates! :)
For some reason, the Logicat puzzles aren't working - I can't use the dropdowns because they close before I can select answers. I'm using Chrome.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

karhell

Re: Beacon Gamma for Time Travelers

Postby karhell » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:39 pm UTC

Karhell's wanderings
mileage temporarily irrelevant. Proper signpost under construction.

AluisioASG wrote:For MistyCat.

Beacon Gamma

Report to the future if you're more than 3 pages behind.

Usual connections, services and restrictions apply.

What kind of person adheres a religion created in an Internet forum?

So, yes, I reached beacon gamma. Progress is still being made, and there is still hope of finding the present.

Onwards!

An OTTer, I guess
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:41 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For some reason, the Logicat puzzles aren't working - I can't use the dropdowns because they close before I can select answers. I'm using Chrome.

There's a site where I have to click and hold, then hover over the option I want before releasing and re-clicking, else the dropdown disappears. Can't for the life of me remember what it is though.
He/Him/His Image

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:49 pm UTC

karhell wrote:Karhell's wanderings
mileage temporarily irrelevant. Proper signpost under construction.

AluisioASG wrote:For MistyCat.

Beacon Gamma

Report to the future if you're more than 3 pages behind.

Usual connections, services and restrictions apply.

What kind of person adheres a religion created in an Internet forum?

So, yes, I reached beacon gamma. Progress is still being made, and there is still hope of finding the present.

Onwards!

An OTTer, I guess

I read that as Bacon Gamma...
and then I spent 5 minutes looking for a gamma sigil made of bacon.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:52 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:I read that as Bacon Gamma...
and then I spent 5 minutes looking for a gamma sigil made of bacon.

Not the first time you do that.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:53 pm UTC

Bacon gamma sigils don't exist? Baobabs, internet, I am disappoint.
It's molpish to see a post from karhell! Those beacons are coming in handy. :)

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:For some reason, the Logicat puzzles aren't working - I can't use the dropdowns because they close before I can select answers. I'm using Chrome.

There's a site where I have to click and hold, then hover over the option I want before releasing and re-clicking, else the dropdown disappears. Can't for the life of me remember what it is though.

The logicats are actually being quicker than that - the dropdowns close raptorcattishly no matter what I'm doing with the mouse or leopard. I guess they're raptorlogicats now.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

waveney

Postby waveney » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:57 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:ED: Thanks for the seaish amount of SB updates! :)
For some reason, the Logicat puzzles aren't working - I can't use the dropdowns because they close before I can select answers. I'm using Chrome.

There has been another report of this - I must admit given the scale of the updates I have not updated, I am waiting for 3.29299.

january1may

Postby january1may » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:20 pm UTC

JFOM Blitz Report 7
Progress: NP185/np261

The Madness continues. Now even the mods take notice of OTT. NinthFangwf wondering what did "newpix" mean was priceless.

Apparently (most of the) ONG new image links don't work anymore. This makes it a somewhat dark period for me, because I was following the progress by ONG images (and right as they entered the very interesting trebuchet time).

At NP139, azule is clearly trying to blitz. His "location" seems to translate to NP28/np177, which isn't possible (realistically, I suspect it's a typo for NP103). Meanwhile, edo posts a third piece of ancient text weird BlitzGirl message (I wonder whether BlitzGirl ever got to read it... though I suspect some later blitzers did).

Some more "ancient text" again, on NP140. That is getting weird. Are these documented on the wiki? Yet more on NP141 (though I do like that edo seems to know theirxe Hebrew lettering).

That early, it's hard to tell small blitzes from big ketchups. I mean, what would we call a ketchup of almost half of the existing thread? Specifically, blitzer/ketchupper AionArap is on NP127 of 143 (and apparently used to be much farther away the previous dip).

Didn't take that long to get working images back! I can finally see trebuchet damage (NP147).

TheMulattoMaker (another in the weird blitz/ketchup position) is on NP125 of 150. I wonder if *xete ever finished theirxe blitz...

As of NP151, "newpix" is already changing into "fortnight". Until very late NP152, nobody seemed to notice it.

I didn't know Cueball posted in the OTT :) (Well, CueBall, technically.)

I don't know enough about correct English pronunciation to decipher how anyone pronounces "trebuchet". I think my own mental pronunciation would be something like "treh-boo-chett" ("ch" as in "chair"). That said, IPA is indeed (mainly) about writing pronunciations in a non-accent-dependable way, and that one thing where letters are spelled out by words has a completely different name entirely (don't remember which).

For a bunch of NP, I was just reading, and couldn't think about anything to comment on. Next thing I actually noticed: there's a message to blitzers on NP159 (an actual one this time, not that weird "ancient text" stuff). Unrelatedly: I love that "magic tin" joke.

Also started on NP159, and continued on NP160: the "Timegoats" joke. I'm pretty sure it wasn't ED's inspiration for putting goats in SB (or was it? okay, probably wasn't), but it still sounds funny.

When it almost looked like the Madness won't be progressing, "pope" starts to be filtered on NP162. Nobody notices in three... two... one... (for that matter, I couldn't find out where exactly "needle-pulled thing" started either; first post definitely mentioning it as a filter seems to be on NP164).

The word "semencoffeecancerbabiesonice" finally got its "onice" part on NP164. Most of the other parts appeared much earlier.

All that thinking about the longpix, and I missed when they actually happened! Yeah, that would've been a pretty long newpix all right :D

I didn't know it was AionArap who came up with "longpix". In fact, until this report I didn't even have AionArap in my mental list of OTTers :)

Nondeterministic polynomial? Heh, that's a funny one! Doesn't seem to be noticed either.

The OTT had definitely slowed down a lot around NP173. Almost to Present levels, actually (looking at the mr*bdex list, 172:6 to 174:0 took seven newpix, and that's after the longpix change).

And I need to get away from my leopard anyway (though now it's for non-coma-related reasons), so I decided to include an ONG deliberately ;)

x for some reason, I think she's a her - maybe I should've said "their"
xe what is the relevant form of "xe"?
te not actually *heretical
wf one of the mods - herx actual username gets wordfiltered
Spoiler:
It's SecondTalon. As in "1/60 of a minip" Talon.

And as I mentioned before - YOUOKAYONG...
There are two films that I particularly like.
One of them is a science-fiction dramatic comedy involving a boy who accidentally travelled in time. Extremely popular when it originally came out in 1985, it retains a major cult following to this day.
The other one, of course, is Back to the Future.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

january1may wrote:Meanwhile, edo posts a third piece of ancient text weird BlitzGirl message (I wonder whether BlitzGirl ever got to read it... though I suspect some later blitzers did)... Some more "ancient text" again, on NP140. That is getting weird. Are these documented on the wiki? Yet more on NP141 (though I do like that edo seems to know theirxe Hebrew lettering).

I was messaged by edo every Time a new Ancient Text was posted, so yes, I was able to read them all. I think I mention them in my later signposts, which you won't have seen yet. These riverish snippets haven't been documented elsewhere, as far as I know.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:05 pm UTC

january1may wrote:wf one of the mods - herx actual username gets wordfiltered
It's SexyTalon. As in "1/60 of a minip" Talon.

The OTT is immune to a lot of filters until you quote things. Hence, your post actually uses the correct name.
He/Him/His Image

freezeblade

Postby freezeblade » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:54 pm UTC

I am posting to say it's probably an oak tree, i can tell from a few of the pixels and from seeing quite a few oak trees in my day. Some oak varities are squat (see scrub oaks or pigmy oaks like are native to the california coast), especally if they are growing in craggy cliffs and rocky soils low in organic material.

Also, what in the world is going on in this thread? It's like another world in here!
Belial wrote:I am not even in the same country code as "the mood for this shit."

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”