1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:12 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:Per decree: Dunno if I ever mentioned this, but in December Mystery my girlfriend became my fiancee.
Molpish! May you share a thousand lifetimes of joy!

balthasar_s - steak otty! (I've decided (ni ni ni) that "ish" can be dropped, adjectiving nouns directly is molpish. Believe it or not, it's the least crazy way.)

mrob27 wrote:Edit: little typos like has->had, by->my
mrob, who once had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the OTT.

ZoomanSP wrote:Does anyone else click every <spoiler> in every single of oldpixbot's posts, to see what's in there?
raises hand. Also, Happy New Yip!

Dracomax - love the words to your Aerosmith otty - gotta get the music though (I'm not familiar with the tune)

Soup wrote:ETA: My bad. :oops:
I thought you were just following the decree. :)

AluisioASG wrote:What I mean is, sorry for staying away for so long and yet coming back with nothing to grace you with.
You grace us molpishly by your very presence. Stories and otties and cakes are nice, but that's not what makes it tree to have you around. You are what makes it tree to have you around!

Michael's story will come. Maybe Michael is saying to write some other stories first. He'll Wait For It. After all, he's an otter as well as a dragon. :)

edit: Well, looks like I'm the Pope of this page. But the OTT is moving wingly, and there are tree decrees out there already, so just follow one of them. (I still have some old decrees to follow which I'll do one of these days -- you'll just have to [sorry Minim].

Jose
Last edited by ucim on Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:14 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Does anyone else click every <spoiler> in every single of oldpixbot's posts, to see what's in there?

Yes! I do!

We've been well trained for that :mrgreen:
taixzo wrote:When would we do it? Summer would make sense, but what's summer in the Northern Hemisphere is winter for our OTTers in Australia.

If weather's a concern, spring/autumn might be a good compromise (horrible weather for everyone, yay ! ^^)
I'm more concerned about the time. There's OTTers all across the globe, and night might deter some from trying

ETA : phew ! almost pope. Thanks ninja-pope Jose :mrgreen:
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:22 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Dracomax - love the words to your Aerosmith otty - gotta get the music though (I'm not familiar with the tune)
Jose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHRNSeuvzlM
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0778

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

ENDURONGNESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:32 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Please do not make me a member of the Western Paradox Church. I have just had a visit from the future and I told me I never became one.

...but you would say that, wouldn't you. You couldn't actually tell yourself you did, now could you? There would be no paradox there. Also, you might have to kill your past self if you found out to much about the future, since that is Top Secret Information, and you don't have authorization or need to know. Termination might be your only option.

Its only a paradox if I want it to be. Future me could be lying about membership.
Luckily I want it to be. Gotta go, have to fetch the decendents of mankind to help me murder humanity.
It was a copy of my first post by the way. Far before I became a Knight Temporal.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:39 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:Please do not make me a member of the Western Paradox Church. I have just had a visit from the future and I told me I never became one.

...but you would say that, wouldn't you. You couldn't actually tell yourself you did, now could you? There would be no paradox there. Also, you might have to kill your past self if you found out to much about the future, since that is Top Secret Information, and you don't have authorization or need to know. Termination might be your only option.

Its only a paradox if I want it to be. Future me could be lying about membership.
Luckily I want it to be. Gotta go, have to fetch the decendents of mankind to help me murder humanity.
It was a copy of my first post by the way. Far before I became a Knight Temporal.

Of course, there is no paradox if the you that was told you didn't become a member of the Western Paradox church was already hatted and dead.
“have i gone mad?

mscha

Time Revisited - np74

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:40 pm UTC

NURSLUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:41 pm UTC

Soup wrote:
macraw83 wrote:Also, what on earth does flutterbeewingish mean??

"Exquisitely beautiful.

Comes from Megan's comment upon seeing the wings of a beesnake that you could live a thousand lifetimes and still be amazed that there were things as beautiful as these. Short form: wingish."

ETA: My bad. :oops:

No worries, I'll take it as a compliment that a) I was that convincing, and b) it was worth responding to :D
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:56 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
HES wrote:Simplicity minimises mustard.

Spoiler:
Be prepared to meet your DOOM. DOOM, I say.
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

mscha wrote:It's funny, Timerevisited is moving a lot faster than I remember from the early days. It's only been 1¼ daysoutside, and Cuegan has already started building the sandcastle, extended it, Cueball left, and Megan is scaling up.
Back then we thought this was slow, but I guess we weren't so used to
Spoiler:
exploding in our pants
yet.

<snip>

And you get a snake attack too.

*Corinne attacks*

Wow, quite a bit of ketchup todip and yesterdip! Awesomeful and treeish! And a little seaish, but that's molpish too.

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

mscha

Time Revisited - np75

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 pm UTC

MISLIKUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:21 pm UTC

Megan's lump of sand gets higher. Cueball has just returned - probably went on some minor adventure while Megan was building.
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:33 pm UTC

There is a thought or rather an idea I had for a very long time. We already have a list in the OTW about all the molpies in the OTC: The ribbit, the rabtor, the raptors, Lucky, facebugs, beesnakes, flutterbees, SNAKE, squirpies, prickly, mousemolpies and I am sure there are some I forgot. But... do we have a list of OTTer molpies? I'll will start the list and maybe it will catch on. So far we've got:

1 hamply (HES)
1 snake, allergic to empty spoilers (Corrine)
1 molbison, classy with a twapstick (Goggalor)
1 astronaut (balthasar_s)
1 turtlemolp, turltemolphatted, turtlemolphatted, turtlemolphatted (ZoomanSP)
1 octomeowlpy (ergman)
1 peacockmeowlpy (Vytron)
1 firefoxmolpy (adnapemit)
1 strangemolp (karhell; though I am not really sure which kind of molpy he is)
1 zombiemolp, undead (neil_boekend)
1 slug (slinches)
1 Na'vi (taixo)
1 crabmolpy, blue (BlueCrab)
2 otters (yappobiscuits and ronaldkr)
2 supercomputers, mildly homicidal (our two HALs)
2 stonefigures
3 dragons (1 great - Dracomax; 1 Time - Chronosdragon; 1 molpish - AluisioASG)
a lot of meolwpies (red, misty and otherwise)
many brainslugs

Ok I think that's it for now... feel free to expand.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

rvloon

Postby rvloon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:37 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:There is a thought or rather an idea I had for a very long time. We already have a list in the OTW about all the molpies in the OTC: The ribbit, the rabtor, the raptors, Lucky, facebugs, beesnakes, flutterbees, SNAKE, squirpies, prickly, mousemolpies and I am sure there are some I forgot. But... do we have a list of OTTer molpies? I'll will start the list and maybe it will catch on. So far we've got:

1 hamply (HES)
1 octomeowlpy (ergman)
1 slug (slinches)
1 Na'vi (taixo)
2 stonefigures
many brainslugs

and one owl (avatar).

Ronald
Spoiler:
I followed Time until The End and I cannot even buy a chirping T-shirt.

mscha

Time Revisited - np76

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:40 pm UTC

PLUNGENTLY...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:55 pm UTC

And at least 4 Robomolpies:
2 HALs, Oldpixbot, and newpixbot.
“have i gone mad?

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:56 pm UTC

They are building a working K band radio dish out of sand. They plan to metalize the inner surface to make it EM reflective.
The sand will not be able to sustain the weight. It will collapse, burying Megan and Queball. Thus ends Time.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Dracomax

Postby Dracomax » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:04 pm UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:They are building a working K band radio dish out of sand. They plan to metalize the inner surface to make it EM reflective.
The sand will not be able to sustain the weight. It will collapse, burying Megan and Queball. Thus ends Time.

Alternately, they are building said radio dish. It will hold, and they will attempt, for the eighth time, to send out a distress signal to the galactic federation in order to be rescued from the mostly barren planet upon which they are stranded. However, the wrong forces will recieve the transmission, leading to them dropping an asteroid upon them in order to keep Federation forces from discovering their drug smuggling base upon the moon. This leads to an extinction level event and the incineration/squishing of the two. Thus ends time.
“have i gone mad?

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:06 pm UTC

Pre-post ninja'd by OPB1 while looking through OldPages (20-21)...

mojacardave wrote:
Goggalor wrote:That's really interesting. I would think that the disappearance of one of the characters would incite even more doom and gloom theories. I've learned to ignore theories and attempts to crack codes and just sit back and enjoy the story unfold, but this comic is still ruining my productivity. I can't get anything done.

You'd think the disappearance of a character might be gloom-worthy, but he left cheerfully: it was decidedly un-ominous. Now he's not around, people can't really read things into the comic about Randall's interactions with an ill (or otherwise newsworthy) significant other.

When Cue returned in np75, my stomach jumped into my chest, and my heart into my throat. That was the first moment I realized how emotionally invested I (and others) really was (were) in this.

TheMulattoMaker wrote:He's back! Yay!
HagarTopeka1 wrote:And he's back!

b73990c62d82380282dfdee6dd612d6a1afaa570e1be1d5300bc7da04ced684a . png
dbh937 wrote:HE'S COMING BACK!!!

b73990c62d82380282dfdee6dd612d6a1afaa570e1be1d5300bc7da04ced684a
Scott Auld wrote:Look who's back!
SWuh wrote:My heart literally leapt a little. I am going insane.

JUST as I was going to give up for a while, too!!

NOMS
mojacardave wrote:Douche didn't even bring ice-creams.

Spoiler:

Keep in mind, too, back then, we were hanging on every shortpix for over a dip and a half...

RSIR
Spoiler:
Summer, Prince & Suki sharing an ice-cream.JPG

1 ETA: And others!
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

mscha

Time Revisited - np77

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:10 pm UTC

INEXPUNGIBLE...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

StratPlayer

It's ALL Related!!!

Postby StratPlayer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:12 pm UTC

Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome back from the basement!

You know, it was really nice popping back upstairs to say "Hi" after being in the basement for so long. But I do have to say that the Timeiversary has been kind of emotion-filled for me -- fond memories of the Time that was mixed with a fresh rekindling of sadness over T** E**. It has led me to a bit of introspection, and as usual -- introspection always leads me to a sense of amazement over how inter-connected the comic, the OTT, and EVERYTHING is.

I mean, like, as an obvious example, the GLR, in his wisdom, chose "1190" as the perfect number to use for the number of the OTC. This is clearly no coincidence.

Here's why:

1. "1190" is also the frequency in kHz of AM 1190 WOWO in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which has broadcast at this frequency since March, 29 1941. Notice how the 'March 29th' corresponds to the period of live unveiling of the OTC. Uh-huh -- I know! But there's even more.

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana is also the birthplace of Shelley Long. Did you know that Shelley's current project is called "A Matter of Time", which is now in post-production? See???? But there's more!

3. Shelley Long is also most remembered for playing the role of "Diane Chambers' in the Emmy-Award winning TV sitcom "Cheers," which ran from 1982 to 1993. What did all the OTTers do during TIME when the ONG rang? Yep -- cheer. Clearly this is related. But there's more.

4. The well-known theme song for "Cheers" is called "Where Everybody Knows Your Name." Does that NOT sound like the OTT? Well, except we all know each other's forum user ID and not actual names, but that sense of 'belonging' to a place where you're welcome is clearly the same. Obviously the GLR knew exactly what he was doing. But there's more!

5. "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" was co-written by Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo. Gary Portnoy also co-wrote the songs "I'll Never Get Enough of You," and "This is Forever. I'm sure everyone can see how these blatantly relate to the OTT. But wait -- there's still more:

6. Gary Portnoy also co-wrote the song "Say Goodnight". Besides being an obvious reference to the night of stars during the OTC, this song was recorded by Dolly Parton on her 1980 album Dolly, Dolly, Dolly. Among her many, many other songs and albumns, Dolly Parton also wrote the song "I Will Always Love You", made famous by Whitney Houston, and CLEARLY a reference to how the OTTers feel about the OTC and this thread. But there's even more:

7. In 1966, Dolly Parton married Carl Thomas Dean -- they've been married ever since. Carl stays out of the limelight, but some facts are known about him. Like, did you know that he was born in 1942 in Nashville, Tennessee. well, guess who just named Nashville to be the "The South's Red Hot Town"? That's right -- TIME magazine. See? No way that's a coincidence. But there's more!

8. Did you know that Nashville is also home to our esteemed OTTer Valarya? See how the GLR keeps intertwining this!?!? Of course he wouldn't have set this up so that Dolly Parton's husband was born in a town without an OTTer, now would he? Of course not! But there's even more.

9. Relating to the link of "Where Everybody Knows Your Name," did you know that Valarya's real name is "Christina?" Well, that can't be a coincidence -- just think about the fact that the singer Christina Milan recorded an album called "It's About Time". Yes, indeed -- it IS about TIME, isn't it??? Spooky, huh!? But there's more!

10. "Christina" is one of many given names that can be shortened to "Chris". Another one is "Christopher". Well, did you know that The GLR, Randall Munroe, graduated from Christopher Newport University in 2006 with a degree in Physics? Amazing how it's all inter-related, isn't it? But wait, there's STILL more!

11. "Christopher" is ALSO the real name of the OTTer StratPlayer -- ME!!! Now that's ANOTHER connection to the OTT as a place where "Everybody Knows Your Name". And, amazingly, there's more...

12. I chose the user name "StratPlayer" because I play a Stratocaster, the guitar created by Leo Fender in 1954. Well, guess who named the guitar a "Stratocaster"? Not Leo -- it was a guy named Don Randall. Yep -- "Randall"! You want to tell me THAT's a coincidence!?!?! But there's still more!

13. One of the players most associated with the Strat was Jimi Hendrix. He was an iconic, amazing player, and I have always been a fan. My favorite piece by him is the song "Machine Gun" from the live album "Band of Gypsies". Jimi's playing on that song is just phenomenal. It was recorded New Year's Eve, 1969-1970 at the Fillmore in New York, but guess when the album was released? March 25th, 1970. March 25th! The same day the OTC began! You seeing the pattern here?!?! But there's more...

14. Jimi is remembered for a lot of things, and I love "Machine Gun," but his rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" live at Woodstock in 1969 is probably one of the first things people think of. What about this -- you know who was also famous for performing "The Star Spangled Banner?" A singer named Lucy Munroe. You read that right -- MUNROE! Wait, there's more!

15. Woodstock in 1969 was held near Woodstock, New York. Besides Hendrix, Woodstock featured many other artists including Ten Years After, who recorded the album, "A Space in Time" in 1971. Yes -- A Space in TIME. This album with the obvious xkcd 1190 reference also featured the classic song, "I'd Love to Change the World". Well, I think there's little doubt that xkcd 1190 -- "Time" changed the world of the OTTer's. But there's STILL more:

16. Ten Years after was fronted by guitarist, Alvin Lee, and their version of "I'm Going Home at Woodstock shows off some his blazing guitar playing. I'd think most of the OTTers think of going to visit this thread, where "Everybody Knows Your Name," as a bit of 'going home.' Well, unfortunately, Alvin Lee passed away last year in March, and he was remembered in many publications, including...

Spoiler:
TIME Magazine, in This Obituary in the issue dated March 25, 2013 -- the very same day that xkcd 1190 "Time" began.

Yes, you read that right -- "TIME" magazine, from March 25th, 2013. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The GLR does indeed move in mysterious ways!

It truly is ALL Related!!!

:D
Former Forever member of the OTT, now moved on to other things sucked back in by the wowterful wonder of the thread...

OTT: Sit it vivet in aeternum!!!

(My Blog: The Creative Outlet of StratPlayer )

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 pm UTC

rvloon wrote:
Sciscitor wrote:There is a thought or rather an idea I had for a very long time. We already have a list in the OTW about all the molpies in the OTC: The ribbit, the rabtor, the raptors, Lucky, facebugs, beesnakes, flutterbees, SNAKE, squirpies, prickly, mousemolpies and I am sure there are some I forgot. But... do we have a list of OTTer molpies? I'll will start the list and maybe it will catch on. So far we've got:

1 hamply (HES)
1 octomeowlpy (ergman)
1 firefoxmolpy (adnapemit azule)
1 red pandamolpy (adnapemit)
1 slug (slinches)
1 Na'vi (taixo)
2 stonefigures
many brainslugs

and one owl (avatar).

Ronald

Wolpy (SBN, mscha, (any others?))
Dinoraptor (stratplayer)

StratPlayer wrote:Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome back from the basement!
<snip>

It truly is ALL Related!!!

:D

I've missed these.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:25 pm UTC

Baobabs, StratPlayer ! You really have a way of finding these Relations ^^

1 hamply (HES)
1 octomeowlpy (ergman)
1 slug (slinches)
1 Na'vi (taixo)
2 stonefigures
many brainslugs

The stragemolp is called Larg and is a Mokona Modoki, from the manga xxxHolic.
Anyway, one might say this list is a molpish idea ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 pm UTC

First time Cueball is checkUNG out Megan's bottom parts...

List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:40 pm UTC

1 hamply (HES)
1 octomeowlpy (ergman)
1 slug (slinches)
1 Na'vi (taixo)
2 stonefigures
many brainslugs

Equimolp, hatted (marchlight)
ETA: Orangumolp (waveney)
Waiting for it...

mscha

Time Revisited - np79

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:10 pm UTC

TUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

mscha

Time Revisited - np80

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:40 pm UTC

PRUNGED...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Re: Time After Time: t1i-0778

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:49 pm UTC

Whew, yesterdip was molpish! :) I hope all you debasementees will hang around awhile.

newpixbot wrote:ENDURONGNESSES...
Spoiler:

A beesnake just got et by a raptor in the background! :shock: Look out! The last time that happened, Megball got attacked by a keyboard!

Or maybe they're safe this time since they didn't use the beesnake to make a philosophical statement.

Sciscitor wrote:1 firefoxmolpy (adnapemit)

azule is the firefox. adnapemit is the molpanda.

ergman

Post post post!

Postby ergman » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:53 pm UTC

the newpixbotposts are building. The only problem with letting that occur is how sad a sight it is. KerPOST!
Edit: beat to it. this is a very good thing. I just don't wanna go back to the slow times.. though I suspect we are far from that.
that is one of the most extreme relatingations yet, Stratplayer. And we can't forget Jimi Hendrix's pre-ottified song: "Castles Made of Sand".
AAAAAAAA!!!!!!!ITSALLRELATED

The meetup by the sea is pretty silly, but if there's anyone I'm willing to be silly for, it's y'all. I can't easily reach the sea myself, but I'm sure my local lake will suffice.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:58 pm UTC

alternatively, any river, no matter how riverish gets to the seaish sea, eventually ^^

mscha

Time Revisited - np81

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:10 pm UTC

PUNGOES...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:13 pm UTC

I'm afraid not, Oldpixbot. No pun goes :P

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:15 pm UTC

TELEPORTONG?
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

I don't understand what the Beanie is doing.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:17 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:(Apologies to yappo for mustarding the OTTscars release schedule.)

Not your fault at all, it's entirely mine for procrastinating writing it. You just take all the Time you need :) (And a Zanclean Dishwasher is a fair excuse for taking longer, that's for sure.)
Vytron wrote:Anyway, for this occasion I wanted to introduce the One True Thread to Jam Comics!

Another thing to get addicted to! Treeish, I may have to get in on this.
StratPlayer wrote:I mean, like, as an obvious example, the GLR, in his wisdom, chose "1190" as the perfect number to use for the number of the OTC. This is clearly no coincidence.

Here's why:

Heehee! I've missed these. :mrgreen:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Earthling on Mars
Morning

Postby Earthling on Mars » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:22 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:I don't understand what the Beanie is doing.

I think she's saying "They (the Xs) are there to warn you not to go inside."

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:30 pm UTC

karhell wrote:I'm afraid not, Oldpixbot. No pun goes :P

Indeed, we did a trial.

No pun in ten did

SBN wrote:Wolpy (SBN, mscha, (any others?))

Fatness
He/Him/His Image

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 pm UTC

1 hamply (HES)
1 octomeowlpy (ergman)
1 slug (slinches)
1 Na'vi (taixo)
2 stonefigures
many brainslugs

I suppose my meowlpy avatar counts too, right?

StratPlayer wrote:[Irrefutable evidence that everything is Related]

Hey! One of my favorite fixtures from the OTT is back! And this one is more Related than most of them!

"Zanclean Dishwasher"... hmm...
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Good luck to all the Blitzers out there!

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:32 pm UTC

HES wrote:

Indeed, we did a trial.

No pun in ten did

Four out of five den tests agree.
Waiting for it...

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:"Zanclean Dishwasher"... hmm...

Also a Vital Hotdog Function song.
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:37 pm UTC

COWABUNGA

Earthling on Mars wrote:
NoMouse wrote: I don't understand what the Beanie is doing.

I think she's saying "They (the Xs) are there to warn you not to go inside."

Well, I suppose this was discussed before, but I think the Beanie is telling a story. Xey are trying to explain that somebody was in the cave, then came out, and then something happened to them (we'll see, but I suspect it is something bad). The cave is clearly a collapsed building, and I like the @taixzo / @NoMouse nuclear waste theory (also echoed by @ergman)
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 pm UTC

Soup wrote:
HES wrote:

Indeed, we did a trial.

No pun in ten did

Four out of five den tests agree.