1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

*applies punther salve*

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:40 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:"Zanclean Dishwasher"... hmm...

Clearly the next song by- oh, there's another post here:
my otter half wrote:Also a Vital Hotdog Function song.

Add to Sciscitor's molpy OTTer list
Ninja someone
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:51 pm UTC

Yahaa!
Spoiler:

*Victory dance*
Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:56 pm UTC

Xe's been in the basement for a while, but I'm not sure what you'd call Quicksilver

Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Ketch-a-mup

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 pm UTC

Zanclean Dishwasher is indeed the perfect name for a VHF song! I was going to mention that myself when I started making my ketchup post, but then I was multiple-ninja'd! Image (Does being ninja'd count as following the current decree?) Speaking of which, awesomeful ninja-turtlemolping, Zooman!

macraw83 wrote:Also, I was getting worried, as the entire xip past with nary a sign of BlitzGirl. But, she finally returned, with a very good excuse for her absence, proving that we do not share a mutual Present-presence exclusion:
Spoiler:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ImageSREEE! Timeversary Ketchup! Image

For decree:
My dishwasher decided to celebrate the Timeversary by recreating the Zanclean Flood in my apartment! Image
So todip was an Outside dip dealing with a kitchenish sea, and tonip is an OTTerish nip dealing with a seaish ketchup.

[snip]
Ya know, as much fun as that sounds, it probably wasn't good for your kitchen floor. I hope you at least made the best of it (and that you have a landlord that's taking care of the dishwasher issue).

Thankfully I didn't need a raftcastle. Image It was just very annoying, particularly because I'm moving at the end of next mip and the Zanclean Dishwasher couldn't hold out for one more mip until I moved. But I have a molpish landlord who's taking care of the maintenance, so yay! I'm glad we can coexist in the Present together, macraw. :D

macraw83 wrote:
StratPlayer wrote:[Irrefutable evidence that everything is Related]

Hey! One of my favorite fixtures from the OTT is back! And this one is more Related than most of them!

Indeed! Another awesomeful illustration of RELATED-ness! We've certainly missed you, StratPlayer!

Earthling on Mars wrote:A beesnake just got et by a raptor in the background! :shock: Look out! The last time that happened, Megball got attacked by a keyboard!

Or maybe they're safe this time since they didn't use the beesnake to make a philosophical statement.

It could be that the death of the beesnake forbodes something nasty for the Beanie in the drawing that Ms. Frizzle is making...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:59 pm UTC

Earthling on Mars wrote:
NoMouse wrote:I don't understand what the Beanie is doing.

I think she's saying "They (the Xs) are there to warn you not to go inside."

Ah, didn't think of that, that would make sense.

mrob27 wrote:Well, I suppose this was discussed before, but I think the Beanie is telling a story. Xey are trying to explain that somebody was in the cave, then came out, and then something happened to them (we'll see, but I suspect it is something bad). The cave is clearly a collapsed building, and I like the @taixzo / @NoMouse nuclear waste theory (also echoed by @ergman)

This could also be the case. I guess we have to
Spoiler:
I'm not going to leave this spoiler empty and get attacked by Corrine again

And, yeah, I still think the nuclear waste theory is the most likely.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:03 pm UTC

I just have to say I really, really love this. Not to advertise my own thing yet again, but I have the Replay viewer on an iPad next to me, and I'm reloading the current page to see what the OTTers have written next, and seeing the exact same newoldpix appearing in the Thread! All most of the molpies I have been reading during my Blitz are here and I am interacting with them. There is a sense of vibrancy, of continuity and being in something together. Last yip must have been a lot like this (at least by the time the OTT got up to speed, maybe during Departure mip). An UNG just came in, and I'm going to let someone else ONG it, since I've gotten a few todix.

I'm not ninja'ing anyone, and don't know any other molpies to addυ. I just wanted to say that. Thank you!

mrob27 Image

υ That thing in my avatar is a "U-skate", and it's not a molpy, except in a really abstract sense. Of course, there was this:
Spoiler:

so I guess if the brainslugssafety hats count, then the mrob27's do too?

(Edit: safety hats, yeah that's what they are.)
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time Revisited - np83

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 pm UTC

BLINDUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:14 pm UTC

I'm disappointed that oldpixbot had a chance to post.
He/Him/His Image

mrob27

A Long-Awaited Solution

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:28 pm UTC

How about balthasar_s or @rvloon? You haven't done an ONG or UNG lately...
    Here, you can quote and copy this BBcode:
Spoiler:

I've been Blitzing the mid 1400's lately. Way back on NP 1455, @Ebonite created this wowterful word search:
Spoiler:
  which was later de-mustarded to:

It was molpier than the average word search, by includng over 100 OTTer usernames and achieving a very high "density", by not giving the word list up front (giving you an extra challenge, unless you wanted to Spoiler:), and by including a hidden message or "Present Present" in the unused letters.
     @BlitzGirl successfully solved all three stages of the puzzle (guessing the words, finding the words, and finding the Present Present), a fact which @Ebonite announced on NP1457. The word list was revealed on NP1462, but the "Present Present" never was.
     @Ebonite came back recently (yayy!!!!) so he and I and @BlitzGirl exchanged a few PM's and worked out that it's probably time to reveal the full solution. So here 'tis:
Spoiler:

The Present Present is:
Spoiler:
The first six lines from the lovely epilogue poem "When Time is Gone" by BlitzGirl:
Join me up here
Under vast dawn skies
There is little that remains
Kneel with me dear
After the sunrise
And help me gather up these grains

Note that BlitzGirl's solution was achieved on the original grid which had a little mustard in the lower-left. The corrected grid above, the one with black letters, includes the OTTer name "bouer" which the original did not, and shifts the letters of the last line of the Present Present, but otherwise is solved the same way as in BlitzGirl's image.

Edit: Indent one paragraph.
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:32 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:They are building a working K band radio dish out of sand. They plan to metalize the inner surface to make it EM reflective.
The sand will not be able to sustain the weight. It will collapse, burying Megan and Queball. Thus ends Time.

Alternately, they are building said radio dish. It will hold, and they will attempt, for the eighth time, to send out a distress signal to the galactic federation in order to be rescued from the mostly barren planet upon which they are stranded. However, the wrong forces will recieve the transmission, leading to them dropping an asteroid upon them in order to keep Federation forces from discovering their drug smuggling base upon the moon. This leads to an extinction level event and the incineration/squishing of the two. Thus ends time.

True, an asteroid lobbed at ones head is bad for business. Lob it at 80% lightspeed and you don't have to aim very well.

Welcome back all new debasementees. It nice and crowded now. Ketchup for half a dip is more than a page!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

yappobiscuits

Re: A Long-Awaited Solution

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:33 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:     @Ebonite came back recently (yayy!!!!) so he and I and @BlitzGirl exchanged a few PM's and worked out that it's probably time to reveal the full solution. So here 'tis:
Spoiler:

The Present Present is:
Spoiler:
The first six lines from the lovely epilogue poem "When Time is Gone" by BlitzGirl:
Join me up here
Under vast dawn skies
There is little that remains
Kneel with me dear
After the sunrise
And help me gather up these grains

Note that BlitzGirl's solution was achieved on the original grid which had a little mustard in the lower-left. The corrected grid above, the one with black letters, includes the OTTer name "bouer" which the original did not, and shifts the letters of the last line of the Present Present, but otherwise is solved the same way as in BlitzGirl's image.

Molpish! I did actually solve that back then but didn't post my solution as I was sure someone had already done it, but I guess not.

Also I can't read that poem without hearing the song version of it that I'm working on, but nobody else knows it because it's not recorded yet... :P

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 pm UTC

Blindposting from the last page (YAY!).

WRT the SeaEvent (did we give a name to it yet?), we could have two "waves" in the same day at different hours, and someone "connecting" both waves.

Sciscitor wrote:1 molpish dragon - AluisioASG

What's that even supposed to mean?
Wait, I think it's parseable the way I reordered it.

More replies once I come back from rivercoma (including welcomes and stories-related stuff).
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:41 pm UTC

yappobiscuits wrote:Also I can't read that poem without hearing the song version of it that I'm working on, but nobody else knows it because it's not recorded yet... :P

I think if we ever have a Molpyphone Awards, you'll sweep every category. :D Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 pm UTC

"Hellooo and welcome to Molpyphone! For ottifications, press one. For original songs, press two. If you are currently experiencing a Zanclean Flood, press three."

(Based on Moviefone, naturally.)
(I forgot about that yapposong, can't wait to Wait for it some more! Image)
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:01 pm UTC

Awesomeful ottification, Dracomax! Glad that I could inspire you! :) Sigged.

TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
HES wrote:Simplicity minimises mustard.

Spoiler:
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

*ninja tortoise lissomely escapes*

Dracomax wrote:
Neil_Boekend wrote:They are building a working K band radio dish out of sand. They plan to metalize the inner surface to make it EM reflective.
The sand will not be able to sustain the weight. It will collapse, burying Megan and Queball. Thus ends Time.

Alternately, they are building said radio dish. It will hold, and they will attempt, for the eighth time, to send out a distress signal to the galactic federation in order to be rescued from the mostly barren planet upon which they are stranded. However, the wrong forces will recieve the transmission, leading to them dropping an asteroid upon them in order to keep Federation forces from discovering their drug smuggling base upon the moon. This leads to an extinction level event and the incineration/squishing of the two. The asteroid hits the Gibraltar Dam, which collapses and starts the Zanclean Flood. Thus ends time.

FTFY

StratPlayer wrote:
Spoiler:
Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome back from the basement!

You know, it was really nice popping back upstairs to say "Hi" after being in the basement for so long. But I do have to say that the Timeiversary has been kind of emotion-filled for me -- fond memories of the Time that was mixed with a fresh rekindling of sadness over T** E**. It has led me to a bit of introspection, and as usual -- introspection always leads me to a sense of amazement over how inter-connected the comic, the OTT, and EVERYTHING is.

I mean, like, as an obvious example, the GLR, in his wisdom, chose "1190" as the perfect number to use for the number of the OTC. This is clearly no coincidence.

Here's why:

1. "1190" is also the frequency in kHz of AM 1190 WOWO in Fort Wayne, Indiana, which has broadcast at this frequency since March, 29 1941. Notice how the 'March 29th' corresponds to the period of live unveiling of the OTC. Uh-huh -- I know! But there's even more.

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana is also the birthplace of Shelley Long. Did you know that Shelley's current project is called "A Matter of Time", which is now in post-production? See???? But there's more!

3. Shelley Long is also most remembered for playing the role of "Diane Chambers' in the Emmy-Award winning TV sitcom "Cheers," which ran from 1982 to 1993. What did all the OTTers do during TIME when the ONG rang? Yep -- cheer. Clearly this is related. But there's more.

4. The well-known theme song for "Cheers" is called "Where Everybody Knows Your Name." Does that NOT sound like the OTT? Well, except we all know each other's forum user ID and not actual names, but that sense of 'belonging' to a place where you're welcome is clearly the same. Obviously the GLR knew exactly what he was doing. But there's more!

5. "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" was co-written by Gary Portnoy and Judy Hart Angelo. Gary Portnoy also co-wrote the songs "I'll Never Get Enough of You," and "This is Forever. I'm sure everyone can see how these blatantly relate to the OTT. But wait -- there's still more:

6. Gary Portnoy also co-wrote the song "Say Goodnight". Besides being an obvious reference to the night of stars during the OTC, this song was recorded by Dolly Parton on her 1980 album Dolly, Dolly, Dolly. Among her many, many other songs and albumns, Dolly Parton also wrote the song "I Will Always Love You", made famous by Whitney Houston, and CLEARLY a reference to how the OTTers feel about the OTC and this thread. But there's even more:

7. In 1966, Dolly Parton married Carl Thomas Dean -- they've been married ever since. Carl stays out of the limelight, but some facts are known about him. Like, did you know that he was born in 1942 in Nashville, Tennessee. well, guess who just named Nashville to be the "The South's Red Hot Town"? That's right -- TIME magazine. See? No way that's a coincidence. But there's more!

8. Did you know that Nashville is also home to our esteemed OTTer Valarya? See how the GLR keeps intertwining this!?!? Of course he wouldn't have set this up so that Dolly Parton's husband was born in a town without an OTTer, now would he? Of course not! But there's even more.

9. Relating to the link of "Where Everybody Knows Your Name," did you know that Valarya's real name is "Christina?" Well, that can't be a coincidence -- just think about the fact that the singer Christina Milan recorded an album called "It's About Time". Yes, indeed -- it IS about TIME, isn't it??? Spooky, huh!? But there's more!

10. "Christina" is one of many given names that can be shortened to "Chris". Another one is "Christopher". Well, did you know that The GLR, Randall Munroe, graduated from Christopher Newport University in 2006 with a degree in Physics? Amazing how it's all inter-related, isn't it? But wait, there's STILL more!

11. "Christopher" is ALSO the real name of the OTTer StratPlayer -- ME!!! Now that's ANOTHER connection to the OTT as a place where "Everybody Knows Your Name". And, amazingly, there's more...

12. I chose the user name "StratPlayer" because I play a Stratocaster, the guitar created by Leo Fender in 1954. Well, guess who named the guitar a "Stratocaster"? Not Leo -- it was a guy named Don Randall. Yep -- "Randall"! You want to tell me THAT's a coincidence!?!?! But there's still more!

13. One of the players most associated with the Strat was Jimi Hendrix. He was an iconic, amazing player, and I have always been a fan. My favorite piece by him is the song "Machine Gun" from the live album "Band of Gypsies". Jimi's playing on that song is just phenomenal. It was recorded New Year's Eve, 1969-1970 at the Fillmore in New York, but guess when the album was released? March 25th, 1970. March 25th! The same day the OTC began! You seeing the pattern here?!?! But there's more...

14. Jimi is remembered for a lot of things, and I love "Machine Gun," but his rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" live at Woodstock in 1969 is probably one of the first things people think of. What about this -- you know who was also famous for performing "The Star Spangled Banner?" A singer named Lucy Munroe. You read that right -- MUNROE! Wait, there's more!

15. Woodstock in 1969 was held near Woodstock, New York. Besides Hendrix, Woodstock featured many other artists including Ten Years After, who recorded the album, "A Space in Time" in 1971. Yes -- A Space in TIME. This album with the obvious xkcd 1190 reference also featured the classic song, "I'd Love to Change the World". Well, I think there's little doubt that xkcd 1190 -- "Time" changed the world of the OTTer's. But there's STILL more:

16. Ten Years after was fronted by guitarist, Alvin Lee, and their version of "I'm Going Home at Woodstock shows off some his blazing guitar playing. I'd think most of the OTTers think of going to visit this thread, where "Everybody Knows Your Name," as a bit of 'going home.' Well, unfortunately, Alvin Lee passed away last year in March, and he was remembered in many publications, including...

TIME Magazine, in This Obituary in the issue dated March 25, 2013 -- the very same day that xkcd 1190 "Time" began.

Yes, you read that right -- "TIME" magazine, from March 25th, 2013. :shock: :shock: :shock:

The GLR does indeed move in mysterious ways!

It truly is ALL Related!!!

:D

A classic StratPlayer3,7!

mscha, I think we need the help of the molpy hunter with the newest SilentONGs. There's a lot going on in the trees!

karhell wrote:alternatively, any river, no matter how riverish gets to the seaish sea, eventually ^^

Not all rivers2,3,10 reach the sea1.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:"Hellooo and welcome to Molpyphone! For ottifications, press one. For original songs, press two. If you are currently experiencing a Zanclean Flood, press three."

We appreciate your patience as we are experiencing an raptorishly Zanclean call volume. Please continue to Wait for it, and the next available beanie will take your call.

karhell

Postby karhell » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:07 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:
karhell wrote:alternatively, any river, no matter how riverish gets to the seaish sea, eventually ^^

Not all rivers2,3,10 reach the sea1.

Guess I'm one of toxip's 10000, then. Thanks for the info ^^
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:08 pm UTC

macraw83 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:
Valarya wrote:You just woke up too... um.. late? :P

Well, you know, when your own name has become a word for a messed up coma schedule, you gotta live up to it :P

That means my entire senior year of college was one great yappo.

Now I'm picturing a Godzilla-sized otter with a buffyhat rampaging through a college campus...
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np85

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

UNPREPOSSESSUNGLY...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:10 pm UTC

Ninja'd
Spoiler:
DOYOUSPEAKUNGLISH?

Something about the mirror.
Currently, the mirror is running in "madness mode" - to avoid importing any Madnessen into the past only the latest page is archived. Any pastpage edits will appear after the Madnessness. Soon I will have archived all the attachments.

Next time I have some free time for this I'm going to add the ability to post during mustardtime. I already said something about it in the past. But not very much.
So, how will it work?
On the mirror there is a "postreply" button with a mustard icon. Clicking it would lead you to a page similar to the orginal postedit/create page from the real OTT. After clicking "submit" the post will be remembered on the botcastle. A new bot (bothasar_p, propably) will waitfor it until the mustard ends, and then he will post it for you. But:

1. There will be no preview. This would require converting BBcode to HTML. And unlike mrob27 I don't really know how to do it (yet. - I may learn it in the future)

2. No attachments. Posting attachments (and using them in the post) requires doing some things. It's not easy when you're a bot. (Again, this may change later)

3. Additional to the subject and text there will be an username and password field. These are required, otherwise the bot can't post on your account. The problem is that you would be giving me your passwords. I'm not going to do anything with them. The password would be deleted after sending the post. But you may not trust me, anyway. I don't see any solution for this. Even if it were saved with some kind of encryption or something, it must be sent to the xkcd fora. And if the bot can convert it back to usable form, I can too.

I would like to know what you think about it.

ucim wrote:(I've decided (ni ni ni) that "ish" can be dropped, adjectiving nouns directly is molpish. Believe it or not, it's the least crazy way.)
But then every noun could actually be an adjective. From now I'll be reading nouns as adjectives or adjectives as nouns whenever I want. And nobody can stop me.

I saw a fox today.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:46 pm UTC, edited 3 times in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Now I'm picturing a Godzilla-sized otter with a buffyhat rampaging through a college campus...

I like the way you think
He/Him/His Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 pm UTC

mscha wrote:It's funny, Timerevisited is moving a lot faster than I remember from the early days. It's only been 1¼ daysoutside, and Cuegan has already started building the sandcastle, extended it, Cueball left, and Megan is scaling up.
Back then we thought this was slow, but I guess we weren't so used to
Spoiler:
yet.

Maybe it's cause they're still ONGing in 30 minute increments and we spent months waiting on hour ONGs. :P But yes. For some reason it felt like Cuegan sat on that beach, slowly working on that first tiny castle for dips!

Squeeeee! People are being ninja'd by oldpixbot. :mrgreen: Happy days. These are for you, oldpixbot.

StratPlayer wrote:It truly is ALL Related!!!

:D

I've missed these! Image
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Eternal Density

For the Molpy list

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 pm UTC

Entirely redundant:
Spoiler:
conclusion.png
conclusion.png (12.75 KiB) Viewed 16823 times

Also, I'm ketchupped. Lots of steakish molpishness!
balthasar_s wrote:I saw a fox today.

May I inquire as to the content of its speech?
Last edited by Eternal Density on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:24 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

TheMinim

Postby TheMinim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:Awesomeful ottification, Dracomax! Glad that I could inspire you! :) Sigged.

TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

Spoiler:
This spoiler (if it had nothing in it)
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

Come on Corinne, try harder!

*Corinne carries on attacking*
Titled TheMinimastic as of NP 1610.
Hi Blitzers! And non-blitzers!
Official owner of NewPage 1572, and official co-owner of NewPage 2087 along with NoMouse.

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
yappobiscuits wrote:Also I can't read that poem without hearing the song version of it that I'm working on, but nobody else knows it because it's not recorded yet... :P

I think if we ever have a Molpyphone Awards, you'll sweep every category. :D Image

Which is why I didn't include a specific music award in the OTTscars - I didn't want people thinking I'd deliberately made an award that I'd almost certainly win :oops:

Anyway, that song will be released simultaneously with another BlitzPoem I'm songifying, Still Going. They're both very different in mood - When Time Is Gone is a sort of dark symphonic gothic rock thing, sorta like Type O Negative meets Nightwish or something, whereas Still Going is a cheery indie folk kinda thing. Both are fully written, but I've not recorded any of When Time Is Gone yet. I have recorded a raw demo version of Still Going though. But yeah, it'll be a while before those are released. [Spoiler] an' all that...
BlitzGirl wrote:Now I'm picturing a Godzilla-sized otter with a buffyhat rampaging through a college campus...

That sounds like fun! :mrgreen:

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:mscha, I think we need the help of the molpy hunter with the newest SilentONGs. There's a lot going on in the trees!

Sorry. I'm stuck on NP1731, so I'm also behind on Time After Time, and am trying very hard not to look at them, so no can do...
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:33 pm UTC

HUNGERING...

Spoiler:
[Spoiler]
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:34 pm UTC

TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:Awesomeful ottification, Dracomax! Glad that I could inspire you! :) Sigged.

TheMinim wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:

Spoiler:
This spoiler (if it had nothing in it)
mustards TheMinim.

Ahh!

*Corinne attacks*

Come on Corinne, try harder!

*Corinne carries on attacking*

Won't help. Ninja turtoises are too fast. You gotta nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

balthasar_s

Re: For the Molpy list

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:35 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:

Did not make any sound. Just looked at me and then hid.
@Ninja-edited-out video: I think I saw this in one of your(?) posts. But I don't remember if it was in the present or in the past.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 pm UTC

HES wrote:

I like the way you think

The filename makes me SREEE, but all I see is a blank 15x15 pixel square. :(
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 pm UTC

Same... With that filename, I really want to see it!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:39 pm UTC

Maybe it's in OTC-like 2-color. But unfortunately it's white like its background.
BSTA

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:40 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote: There will be no preview. This would require converting BBcode to HTML. And unlike mrob27 I don't really know how to do it (yet. - I may learn it in the future)

First of all, treeish project! The ЯOЯЯIM TTO keeps getting molpier!
    My bots and I would love to help bothasar_p if you and xe are so inclined. Believe it or not, I am converting every way except BBcode to HTML right now:
HTML →nopixbot→ RHTF →makepost→ BBcode
no arrow from BBcode to HTML

but it would be easy for me to do. What programming language would you like it in?
Additional to the subject and text there will be an username and password field. These are required, otherwise the bot can't post on your account. ... I don't see any solution for this.

How about if you post only to the ЯOЯЯIM TTO, and also send a PM to the user who submitted the post?
  • The PM would be in BBcode, and once the fora are working again, the OTTer can read the PM, copy the BBcode and put it into their post,
  • Your bot can make a post using your account, which contains a list of all the posts it got, with dates, author name, and subject lines, which serves as a record of when the material is originally submitted.
  • Each OTTer gets to decide whether xe wishes to go ahead and submit the post for real, with possibly changes if xe changed xer mind about the content.

HES wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: Now I'm picturing a Godzilla-sized otter with a buffyhat rampaging through a college campus...

I like the way you think

I think perhaps you meant

Spoiler:
yappzilla.png
empty 15x15 square ("yappzilla" from dropbox?)
yappzilla.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 16762 times

monster-otter.jpg
monster otter attacks a ship (from worth1000.com/contests/22197/monster-attack-2 )

HUGE-REDUNDAKITTY.png
I IZ HUGELY REDUNDANT

Edits: Add redudakitty to spoiler, and this message.
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.

Eternal Density

bbcode fail

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:43 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:

Did not make any sound. Just looked at me and then hid.
@Ninja-edited-out video: I think I saw this in one of your(?) posts. But I don't remember if it was in the present or in the past.

I was trying to put in a link to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDgQJBVJxg‎ on one of the words but for some reason the url tag wasn't tagging.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

Soup

Postby Soup » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:45 pm UTC

Mutated wOTTermolpraptor from the nuclear cave!
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:The filename makes me SREEE, but all I see is a blank 15x15 pixel square. :(

You forgot to
Spoiler:
OMNT

mrob27 wrote:I think perhaps you meant

I know what I meant. Steakish sequel, though :D
He/Him/His Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:50 pm UTC

HES wrote:You forgot to
Spoiler:
OMNT

Oh My Ninja Turtles?

HES

Postby HES » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:51 pm UTC

OTTer Molpy Ninja Tortoise
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:52 pm UTC

Observe Many Neat Trees

Yay, I see it now! :D :D :D
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Ordinary M*stard Negates Treeishness

Postby yappobiscuits » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm UTC

Aha, scrolling back up I see it now. That's one mean looking waterottermolpy!
Last edited by yappobiscuits on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:54 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”