1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:19 am UTC

Very tasteful selections, Aluisio. :)

HES wrote:Wait, wa? Othercomic already?

Oh, ch*rp, I totally missed that ED's ottification was of a new Othercomic, not a preexisting one. And it even seems to be RELATED, so I'm going to post it in here:

Shouldn't Be Hard

(six hours later) ARGH. How are these stupid microchips so durable?! All I want is to undo a massive industrial process with household tools!

Decree:
Don't worry; feed squirpys!
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:23 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 am UTC

At first I was trying to figure out how you'd OTTified that, and then I actually read the post :P

For mome:
Spoiler:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:25 am UTC

Silly molpy. :P

I do think this is our best candidate for a GLR shout-out in a while.

For decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:35 am UTC

He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:41 am UTC

Molpish, HES! Image

Hey, ED, what was the line you used in the announcement otherthread that got filtered so horrendously? I'm curious. :)

For decree:
Spoiler:
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

yappobiscuits

Postby yappobiscuits » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:43 am UTC

HES wrote:Image

Love this :mrgreen:
OTTscars results Pt. 2 coming... eventually, but not from me. Seeking writer.
English Instrumentalist Waterottermolpy
Mighty Troubadour of the OTT

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:51 am UTC

...and I actually liked that tagline. [Was: The One True Thread's contingency forum]

And with that I go coma.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:56 am UTC

Hahaha, all that put together is great. :mrgreen: Steakish, Aluisio!

For decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:06 am UTC

It's time for a
Ketchup Blitz

Prologue
When I went to the thread earlier today I was alarmed to see it was locked! A little bit of sneaky future investigation revealed that this was the doing of The Mods, whom I will not rush to condemn but will nonetheless frown upon. I can only rejoice in the fact that we are still here and unlocked and that none of the...ah...contingency protocols...were ultimately necessary. That being said, it's been almost a wip since I've had the occasion of reading the OTT and I'm excited to be able to Blitz it again, having been ketched up for so long! Hopefully I'll find out what all thesee bananas are for...

Act 1: The Post-Timeiversary
People return, OTTers rejoice, and much festivities are held. Oldpixbot posts at a furious rate, and there is much discussion on what should be done about it. Concern is raised that newpixbot could go evil, as in Sandcastle Builder, but this clamor is dismissed as unlikely. Aluisio returns with much apology, and an OTTification: rather than lamenting his lack of return gifts, I am quite pleased to see him again outside of the privacy of PMs. OTTers continue recreating the old mindset of far-fetched, philosophical, and utterly silly predictions about the oldpix while discussing them again in a new frame of reference. Stratplayer pulls one of his famous RELATED posts, bringing me back to earlier days when he was around more often. It's nice to have him back. BlitzGirl leaves for a day, and then returns furiously wielding her punsaw: it seems we were punny in her absence. I'm one of today's lucky 10,000 about this fact - I suppose it makes sense, thinking about it, but I'd always assumed otherwise. A couple photomanips place giant OTTers wreaking havoc on various establishments - wonderful manip skills, HES and mrob! Tresoldi continues his elaborations on Beanish, which are always a fascinating read.

The Act ends after some deliberation on the oldpix and the beaniepix with my going-away post from Wednesday. Audience applause, curtains come in, lights fade.

Act 2: The OTTscars and What Followed
The Act opens with a tyrannosaurus knitting. An auspicious beginning. mrob and Eternal Density UNG at nearly the same time, but it's all okay, because Eternal Density's was the old oldpix. The Newpage of Double Dactyls (future present) begins. Azule, in one of the more seaish BlitzReports I've seen, quotes an old sketch I drew: I forgot I'd posted that here. The 1800 smiley repository is fully restocked, and Aluisio quotes me saying...nothing? Yappo reveals: The OTTscar Awards! Charlie_Grumbles pulls through of course, and Aluisio gets 1..2..3 awards, and a bunch of other OTTer notaries as well! I'm a bit disappointed to not be a recipient in the first round, but the winners are well-deserving of their prizes, and that is all that matters. Congratulations to the winners, indeed! (And are those molpy statues drawings by BlitzGirl, I wonder?) At any rate, I haven't been nearly so active or quirky as some of y'all - I'm far too easily influenced by the Outside. The best I can do is resolve to be more active, and maybe I can make it next year! :D

The OTT continues with some Hamlpy, OTTermolp, and Meowlpy jokes, which are quite molpishly overanalyzed in excruciating detail. HES hits 2000, and OTTifies the oldpix to add in a quirky-haired Time traveller while mrob makes a steakish OTTification of 979. StratPlayer does it again (It is, indeed, all RELATED) while Time remains on our side (for 600, Alex!). The oldpix get Raptorified (twice, by HES and by BlitzGirl, the latter of whom proves her worthiness of her Artist OTTscar award). Aluisio notices my LOApost (Leave Of Absence) - or at least, is the only one to comment on it. HES points out the animation on NoMouse's avatar, which I had failed to notice until then! HES starts a little game of OSH with old OTTifications, some of which I can recognize before they're found, others which I can't. A slew of new OTColoureds floods the page, and some bottrickery is cleverly connived. Aluisio writes a post in which he says he uses node.js - I wonder if he saw my earlier post about my current experiments with this technology? taixzo OTTifies the new OtherComic with some wise words that ring true for me - I can't remember what it was like before having this thread to check up on every day. What did I do, just watch youtube videos all day?

And as Aluisio points out a Bananaing, the curtain draws on The Second Act. Gibberish begins playing over the house speakers as the lights fade.

Act 3: The Madness Begins
The curtain opens as OTTers begin spouting their love for bananananas left and right. Since these posts, many have adopted bananaish avatars and signatures incorporating Furious Doodling lingo, so from here on out I will be unsure what it looked like then vs what it looks like now. But since I'm ketchupping in the height of the Furious Doodling, needless to say, it's quite intense. Newpixbot gets a double post in the midst of a 4-post-streak of images - guess the thread died down a little? BlitzGirl reveals that the bananaing is not limited to OTTers, but to the fora at large. BlitzGirl reveals some smiley-shortcuts, allowing for quick jumps to prior newpages. (As it turns out, this isn't all so different to real time travel - why do you think they call them hyperlinks?) HES treeishly references the HG2G books, which will never fail to make me chuckle. mrob updates his replacement script to change the new banana titles to OTT titles :D Then it becomes lines from Boom de Yada, which is even more awesomeful. An oldpix gets Bananaified, while the OTTers contemplate what they're doing between OTTScar rounds. An Outsider with a Pink title stumbles in, mumbling in OTTish - have we captured someone important from the Fora At Large? A comment by HES reveals that at least some of the bananaified avatars were present by newpage 1840, so that serves as a good reference point. BlitzGirl bananaifies Boom De Yada, which is so molpishly recursive I almost giggled. A number of OTTers comment on the speed of the thread, which explains how I got 27 newpages behind over the course of 5 days - a treeishly fast speed! ergman comments on Quake Live, a game which I have tried but left because of the unmolpish mixing of player skill levels - the veterans just go around sniping noobs with no remorse!

The Act ends as a new Doodling filter is detected (Furious Doodling = Furious Doodling) and the OTTers SREEEfully embrace it. The curtain draws and the audience murmurs in anticipation of what is to come.

Act 4: The Lockening
As the curtain opens, the bananananananananananaing intensifies. Pink Link posts a link to the page for the pink dinks, where I humbly submit a request to join The Pinks. Also among the new filters are sieve -> sieve and Cleveland, Ohio -> Cleveland, Ohio - some nice, wholesome, appreciable mod humor :D It seems sigs are indeed affected by madness, which explains why they all had perfect Doodling vernacular. Shortly thereafter, the mods began the slangification, giving the whole fora a distinct southuhn' twayng. More sieves are found, including a hilarious one that grows exponentially when quoted. Mods have apparently become Egyptian gods, and there's suddenly a vast quantity of tinkering. But enough about the Doodling. Earthling on Mars posts a new Dark Lord entry, which is as molpish as ever! An amusing string of quotes leads to the phrase "people dem dem dem dem -> people dem dem dem dem dem", slightly similar to the exponential growth one. According to a mod, it is apparently a real dialect - I identified it as some kind of southern one, others as Jamaican or Yorkshire, but I'm no expert. Heck, my transuniversal translator usually spits language out as clearly enunciated west-coast American English, so I'm a bit out of touch with dialect as it is. The mood sours as mscha leaves; not even due to what I fearfully know is to come, but simply because of the sieves. Understandable. Azrael apologizes, which does some good towards my impressions of the mods. Meanwhile, Aluisio encodes a statement in what I suspect is some kind of crypto based on the CA one I shared with him (and y'alls) earlier, though I don't feel like decoding it at the moment. Sciscitor posts a new Web of Time, which is molpishly, treeishly wowterful but then temporarily adjourns because of Doodling, which is not.

I enter newpage 1849 with trepidation. My futurepeek revealed what would happen, and I was anxiously aware that it occurred on this page. My comments on the event will be spoilered, for safety.
Spoiler:
The page starts off as jovial as usual - but for an ominous purple warning from HES. My dread increases. At last, it happens: the fateful post by anfurny (apparently a puppet of the mods). My frown deepens. gmaliuvik and gmaliuvik attempt to justify the actions of the mods, but the point is not that we were mad about having to experience the madness, it was that this thread is our home. It's like foreclosing on someone's house so that they'll go to a party with you. Simply not justified. Like yappo, I'm willing to give the mods the benefit of the doubt, but that doesn't mean I'm not deeply unhappy. But as Valarya points out, we have evidently shown the mods our dissatisfaction towards their actions, and there is nothing more to be done. I am willing to let it go, provided it does not happen again (this year - let's keep it at most an annual event, with some warning, keh?)

The Silent Time is thereafter dubbed The Sadness, which seems a fitting title. Ucim enshrines the Sadness in a chapter of AotC, a molpish recounting of an unmolpish event. It seems Aluisio's contingency was created and dubbed many different titles (ni, ni, ni, etc) at this point, which seems to be deactivated now (seeing as its no longer necessary, I suppose). In reply to a question by Aluisio - yes, I am indeed still working on my forum redesign. Rather, it's been sitting in my Stylish scripts waiting to be worked on. But it will come.

As the new OtherComic is OTTified, I coast to a halt on Newpage 1853 - 2 newpages further than my destination was when I started! Thanks for a great 2 hours of Blitz-ketchup, guys. It was a real emotional roller-coaster. I'll be back tomorrip - it's past my comatime, on a school night as well. Molpy down!
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:11 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.

mscha

Time Revisited - np267

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 am UTC

CATLUNGS...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 am UTC

I hope all the redundakitties have enough air in their spoilers...
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:22 am UTC

HES wrote:I hope all de redundakitties have enough air in dey spoilers...

Don't worry, there's air holes.

Did I say I was molpying down? I meant it, really I did...

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:23 am UTC

Spoilers do appear to be permeable. Image
Steakish (and seaish) ketchup summary, ChronosDragon!

For decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Molpying up is the reverse

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:27 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:Did I say I was molpying down? I meant it, really I did...

Molpying down, for me, means shutting down my TimeAccessor, turning off the light, getting into bed, and opening the thread on my MobileTimeAccessor.
He/Him/His Image

ChronosDragon

Postby ChronosDragon » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:29 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Spoilers do appear a be permeable. Image
Steakish (an' seaish) ketchup summary, ChronosDragon!

For decree:
Spoiler:

Is that squirpy being fed, or having a smoke? I'm not sure I want to see a squirpy on speed...

That reminds me. The other dip I was looking at an old python script from that xkcd about reassuring metaphors, and it generated this one:

Really, honestly, molpying down. soon.

ETA:

HES wrote:
ChronosDragon wrote:Did I say I was molpying down? I meant it, really I did...

Molpying down, for me, means shutting down me TimeAccessor, turning off de light, a get into bed, an' opening de tread pon me MobileTimeAccessor.

Hah, I should probably be doing that. Maybe minus the mobileTimeAccessor. At this point, it's only 6h 50m until my alarm rings.

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:31 am UTC

It's never been activated to begin with.
But it's already online. And eventually it'll become sentient.
Selecting new quote…

HES

Feline Oxygenator

Postby HES » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:33 am UTC

ChronosDragon wrote:At dis point, it only 6h 50m till me alarm rings.

2h 30m. I'll be turning mine off.

Are spoilers permeable, or is it just that we have people like BlitzGirl to open them all?

M
o
l
p
y
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:44 am UTC

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Eternal Density

Re: I had already begun ― an' couldn't stop myself

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:07 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:I did it. de whole ting. 20451 characters, 169 lines. Deoutsided an' @ed.

What, did someone call for me?
yappobiscuits wrote:
HES wrote:Image

Love dis :mrgreen:
Me too!
BlitzGirl wrote:Molpish, HES! Image

Hey, ED, wa was de line you used in de announcement otherthread dat got filtered so horrendously? Me be curious. :)
I went full madness again. It wasn't filtering.
BlitzGirl wrote:
HES wrote:Wait, wa? Othercomic already?

Oh, ch*rp, I totally missed dat ED's ottification was ah a new Othercomic, no a preexisting one. an' it even seems a be RELATED, so Me be a go to post it in here:
Hehe, I was stealthy and didn't announce it ;)

ETA
ChronosDragon wrote:Gibberish begins playing over the house speakers as the lights fade.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsP5TceV6Ag
Last edited by Eternal Density on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mscha

Time Revisited - np268

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 am UTC

LUNGUEUR...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:17 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
Spoiler:

Dat's shockening!

BTW I did put the new othercomic url in the file comment and in the post subject, but it got hilariously filtered which probably distracted people from noticing that it was new.

Molpy out!
(for todip)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

NoMouse

Postby NoMouse » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:27 am UTC

Molpy up!

I'm glad to see The OTT is free again and that it was a very temporal thing. The discussion that followed was not very molpish though, it almost started to feel like a flam... no, don't think about that. It's over now too. I have just one question - do I understand it correctly, that after The OTT was unlocked, all the Other threads were locked for four hours? From that perspective, it's somewhat funny. Don't be sad. It's just madness. Or Sparta.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:33 am UTC

NoMouse wrote:it almost started to feel like a flam...
...ingo? Image

Only one otherthread was locked, the "random thoughts" one in the General forum, also known as "Unfetched hashes and turtle-excluding devices," currently known as "Fluff." I call it the fluffy turtlemolpy thread. It was locked for four nopix and nobody seemed to care much. Haven't seen any others locked, at least not yet.

For decree:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:00 am UTC

HES wrote:Now ahbe a go pon a tangent talking about a go pon a tangent... Image

a go pon a tangent no as dangerous as a go tru a tangent

About de saddening:
me nuh tink de Mod dem would wan to lock de tread completely. Our molpishness may spill over to de rest ah forum dem, in a zanclean fashion. Banning every single molpy ah ahbe be probably no in dey plans, especially since de GLR seems a see ahbe as wa he means by 1305.
Do no tease de gods, for you be flammable an' conductive.

Don't worry, feed squirlpies!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0806

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:30 am UTC

OMNIRONGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:04 am UTC

Awww... Zombeanie is a brave beanie! Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

Postby mrob27 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:36 am UTC

Blind-posting, and probably ninja'd because I can't read the rest before saying this and I probably don't chirping care anymore.

lanicita wrote: If someone was actually harmed by this, then by all means bring it up and you'll probably get an apology.

I have a prescription medication for anxiety, which I am told to take in specific types of situations. This was one of those situations.
    It is common for people to have emotional problems because of interaction over the Internet. We had chat rooms in 1982, when I was a college student, and participants often got hurt by others, sometimes intentionally but usually unintentionally, due to behaviour that we now refer to as "trolling", "flaming", etc. One of the most painful behaviours of that type is when the master (what we now call a moderator) kicked someone else off the chat-room without a clear warning or explanation.
    At around the same time the "netiquette" guidelines were being developed for USENET, in which I began participating in 1983.
    At Dartmouth we were learning to be citizens and leaders in a world that is ever-more-complicated, and in which misunderstandings and psychological damage are common. Thus, participating in the chat-rooms and USENET was part of my education.

The emotions I have now are little different from in the 1980s — but it still hurts.

I was the last regular contributor to this thread to make a post prior to the unleashing notice. If you examine that post closely, you'll see that there are some Unicode zero-width spaces (Unicode U+200D) in the quoted text and in part I added in response. All of the text had been copied from a PM where I was trying to work out the Opera/Violentmonkey problem with my script, with the two OTTers (@ergman and @NoMouse) who had reported a problem.
    There was a warning in last year's Madness announcement thread that users should not resist the Madness, and that technical workarounds would not be taken kindly. I took that to mean that uploading large images containing text was a bad idea. But when Cleveland was unleashed, I started to think that I interpreted that 2013 warning too narrowly.
    My zero-width characters in OTT:1849:18 are the only occurrence of U+200D in the entire OTT. I thought that my use of them had set off an alarm for the mods, telling them that the Madness was not being tolerated and that was the straw that broke the OTTer's back, to make a sad figure of speech.

One reply.

Valarya wrote: ... I think the Madness is hilarious, I just don't know why we're cataloging the changes. I just skip those posts. ;)

Do you need just one reason? :D :roll: I use the mapping tables to make scripts so that I can quickly produce Madness-filtered texts for creative projects. I would share some samples, but I don't think anyone wants me doing that any more. I'll just point out that my post-generator program, in addition to converting my own markup language into BBcode, can add filters by 2013-Madness, Mønty Pythön Swedïsh, and/or Pirate in any order and combination.
    I have used it in the past for OTTifications in the form of cartoons, and at least one song (my first Modern Major General).
    It has been proposed that userscripts could be created that would at least partially undo the filters. This is a potentially impossible problem because the filters are a surjective_function.
    So there are three reasons why I'm catalogging the changes. I hope that's enough. :(

— Robert Munafo, who is a rather unhappy xkcd fan, but still proud of my mention in OtherComic 1047.
  At least there's that.
  newpix 9031.58   posts: 195.

(several edits, mainly for typos, because Preview is a little tough to read with the Caribbean dialect filter)
Also add note about chat-room bans.
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:03 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Link

Postby Link » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 am UTC

Aah so much ketchup! Image An' I have Outside ting dem a do! An' a Secret Project to wuk pon! An', an', an'... Image

ggh

Re: Time Revisited - np272

Postby ggh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 am UTC

QUILLUNGS...
We saw a big prickly at the zoo - these are the quills and the inverse of the same.
Spoiler:
prickly272.jpg
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

AluisioASG

Postby AluisioASG » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:03 pm UTC

Wow.
...and I just saw the banana in your avatar.
I think these two pieces have something in common.
Selecting new quote…

mscha

Time Revisited - np273

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:10 pm UTC

EVUNGELIZER...

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

ggh

Postby ggh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:12 pm UTC

AluisioASG wrote:Wow.
...an' I just saw de bananananananana in you avatar.
I tink dese two pieces have someting in common.

Heh, I've been fading it up for a while - started at 40% a few days ago and just hit 80% with this post.

Wait... what's in common?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t1i-0807

Postby mscha » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

QUIETENONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:37 pm UTC

Nah not brave, he just wanted to glow in the dark.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:37 pm UTC

Sh, Neil, not everymolpy's transition to the afterlife goes as well as yours. :P

BlitzGirl wrote:Awww... Zombeanie be a brave beanie! Image

Yup. Called it. And the dizzybee finally gets snapped up by the stalking raptor.

What is that thing that Bravebean has drawn?

Hug for mrob: Image who faced the unmolpishness of being last post before the Sadness.
Treeish manip, ggh! And what a sneaky bananavatar!
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:56 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Valarya wrote: ... I think the Madness is hilarious, I just don't know why we're cataloging the changes. I just skip those posts. ;)

Do you need just one reason? :D :roll: I use the mapping tables to make scripts so that I can quickly produce Madness-filtered texts for creative projects. I would share some samples, but I don't think anyone wants me doing that any more. I'll just point out that my post-generator prog...
Spoiler:
...ram, in addition to converting my own markup language into BBcode, can add filters by 2013-Madness, Mønty Pythön Swedïsh, and/or Pirate in any order and combination.
I have used it in the past for OTTifications in the form of cartoons, and at least one song (my first Modern Major General).
It has been proposed that userscripts could be created that would at least partially undo the filters. This is a potentially impossible problem because the filters are a surjective_function.
So there are three reasons why I'm catalogging the changes. I hope that's enough

Image Yes, mrob. That's quite enough. And I'm glad someone is cataloging something, since I never do. Image

For decree: Image
Spoiler:
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:03 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Steakish picture, balthabotphotographer!
Awesomeful new Dark Lord, Earthling on Mars!
Thanks for the newest AotC, ucim! It was like unto a steak4, and gladly received.
Treeish ottification, yappo!
Congrats on your hotdog milestone, ED!
Spoiler:
And two treeish and steakish OTThercomics by ED and HES!
For decree:
Spoiler:
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Sh, Neil, no everymolpy's transition to de afterlife goes as well as yours. :P

Pah, staying dead be just laziness. Life after death be a question ah willpower (and irritating both God and the Devil).

he/him/his

AnotherKevin

Postby AnotherKevin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:33 pm UTC

On a whim, I've shaken my quills and taken a look in here. Good Randall, is this needle-pulled thingy still going on? I just couldn't quite face it after T** E**; no, I won't type those two nasty words.

Anyone remember a certain hatless molpuquine?

What do you all talk about now that all the newpix are oldpix?

I did actually walk up into the hills last autumn to learn where the river comes from. It starts near here.

And ... the 'Preview' function appears to be affected by The Madness? Is that permanent now?
All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full.
Unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again.

Valarya

Postby Valarya » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:51 pm UTC

Molpish seeing you again, AnotherKevin!!! We absolutely do remember you.

The Madness occurs once a yip (year) and lasts for about a wip (week). We're just currently in the throes of it's doodliness at the moment. We've had tons of OTTers debasement lately due to the fact it was the 1 yip TIMEversary of the beginning of Time. So you've found us quite busy. Stick around awhile!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”