1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0817

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 am UTC

MONGROVES...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
ChronosDragon
Posts: 1852
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:42 am UTC
Location: [~]

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ChronosDragon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 am UTC

That's a morbid page pope. As second-post-guy, I hereby pseudo/sudo-decree that we all draw things (or bring a drawn thing), like Mrx. Beanie there!

I'll start off with a frame from one of my favorite webcomics, "pictures for sad children" (seems to be down at the moment so I can't link it)

Image

ETA: Turns out the author's story is a bit of a s*d one. I'll summarize below.
Spoiler:
First off, apparently he/xe has had gender identity issues so I will be referring to them as Xe.
Xe had a bit of an emotional/mental breakdown - well, not just a bit, a lot really - in February when his kickstarter ended. Xe's basically decided to give up on money and income because xe sees so many unhappy rich people and xer own family was unhappy and would have been even if they had had money. Xe sent about 75% of the backer rewards and then burned the rest of the books and has refused to give any refunds since then because, xe says, it won't be a tragedy if another rich person loses a bit of money. Xe took down both of the sites xe had up, and archives of the comics have had DMCA takedowns. It seems xe does not wish anyone else to read his comics. I don't know whether to want to respect that or to deny that wish and proclaim that the internet has a right to them because there are people there who like them. It's sort of a gray area, really, especially since xe seems to have rejected, like, how stuff works. So that is what that is.
Last edited by ChronosDragon on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:21 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 am UTC

SecondTalon wrote: So.. yeah, this year's 53% or whatever is an immense improvement.


I think I can improve it yet further. :mrgreen:

I manually scanned through my list of the top 10,000 Gutenberg words (as Madness-filtered at 2014-04-01t14-58, U.S. Eastern Daylight Time), and compared to the list on the wiki and found many that I'll need to add to the Wiki. I'm reporting them here too for those who like to have it on the OTT. Many of these are just an alternate form (like the plural where the Wiki has just the singular) but many are completely new.
Spoiler:
bedroom → ramping shop
belgian → Terran
best → greetest
british → Zakdori
bully → oppressor
cheat → find solutions
crying → bawling
duration → diwan
economic → bullshit imaginary fiscal policy
everything → everyting
excellent → bwiyan
flavour → gouté
germans → Vulcans
hadn't → no
husband's → priest-approved life partner's
idiot → abèbè
italians → Andorians
jerk → abèbè
liking → a like
lists → kompannis
men's → man dem's
nation → planet
normal → cromulent
offended → butthurt
other's → udder's
others → udders
regular → cromulent
ruin → sheg up
russians → Cardassians
justified → justified
smashed → mashed up
standard → cromulent
that's → dat's
there's → deh's
they'd → dey'd
they'll → dey'll
they're → dey're
they've → dey've
thinks → tink
wanting → a wan
what's → wa's
wife's → priest-approved life partner's
will → goin
woman's → ooman's
wonderful → bwiyan
words → word dem (I think this is just an error in the wiki, which says "word → words dem")
worst → blurst


My countries/languages were a separate list, and I'll have to compare those separately but I think the Wiki already has all the ones I found.

ETA: Okay, I scanned through my countries. I was able to add the 2nd Ukraine mapping (Ukraine → Bajor) and also Czech → Caitian.

Edit: "of. → ah." was redundant, and "will → goin" was already in the wiki.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:34 am UTC

Ugh, the forum is being very brainsluggish right now. And forum-images aren't showing up for me.

mrob27 wrote:words → word dem (I think this is just an error in the wiki, which says "word → words dem")

Yup, that was me. I noticed it was mustardy but forgot to go back and fix it.

For decree, a RELATED drawing:

Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
slinches
Slinches get Stinches
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby slinches » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:03 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:For decree, a RELATED drawing:

Spoiler:
Image

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone call Laughlin a "serene metropolis"

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:06 am UTC

TotallyCountsAsADrawUNG:
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
slinches
Slinches get Stinches
Posts: 1009
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:23 am UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby slinches » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:33 am UTC

Here, I brought a drawn thing:
Spoiler:
Image
And a drawn Morticia
And a drawn Gomez
And a drawn uncle Fester
And ...


ETA: Is it obvious that I spent all day making up terrible one-liners for the Lorenz comic?

User avatar
AluisioASG
Posts: 2337
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:43 am UTC
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby AluisioASG » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:36 am UTC

I was gonna ask addams the same thing.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:37 am UTC

Oh slinches, let me bring you a convenient Automome saying:
PUSH BUTTON, RECEIVE VITSSÅGEN

And a drawing:
Spoiler:
Image
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
azule
Saved
Posts: 2132
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:45 pm UTC
Location: The land of the Golden Puppies and Rainbows

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby azule » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:46 am UTC

That April 1st comic caused some issues. I mean, for the obsessively minded. I'm kinda worn out (includes Outside issues too). Bad timing. Here's one reply.

ChronosDragon wrote:I'll start off with a frame from one of my favorite webcomics, "pictures for sad children" (seems to be down at the moment so I can't link it)

Image

ETA: Turns out the author's story is a bit of a s*d one. I'll summarize below.
Spoiler:
First off, apparently he/xe has had gender identity issues so I will be referring to them as Xe.
Xe had a bit of an emotional/mental breakdown - well, not just a bit, a lot really - in February when his kickstarter ended. Xe's basically decided to give up on money and income because xe sees so many unhappy rich people and xer own family was unhappy and would have been even if they had had money. Xe sent about 75% of the backer rewards and then burned the rest of the books and has refused to give any refunds since then because, xe says, it won't be a tragedy if another rich person loses a bit of money. Xe took down both of the sites xe had up, and archives of the comics have had DMCA takedowns. It seems xe does not wish anyone else to read his comics. I don't know whether to want to respect that or to deny that wish and proclaim that the internet has a right to them because there are people there who like them. It's sort of a gray area, really, especially since xe seems to have rejected, like, how stuff works. So that is what that is.
I'm on the side of having it all be available forever. I'm so glad xkcd is of the anyone can host a copy etc version.
Spoiler:
This kind of thing is so sad. Forcing people to share on the down low because you have issues with your life and can't allow people to enjoy theirs (the enjoyment includes their art) is just rude. I think we need a copyright do over, because while I think the creator should be able to make money and to control some aspects they should not be able to take the art away from the world because they're grumpy now. See how this guy stole people's money, assuming they're rich...how does he know? So does he also assume that the world is better off without access to his art. Why should he get to decide that? Rant over. :) I loved his comic, too. So depressingly beautiful.
Image

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time Revisited - np316

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:10 am UTC

UNGRAFT...
Image

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:36 am UTC

Tomato based condiments

HES wrote:How can we wait for it if it's dead?

Hmm, Neil would know.

The comic is already dead. Still we wait for it. It's undead existence in the form of the SilentOngs are chirpingly brilliant, that helps with waiting for it.

Molpish automome!

And we have Mods in our midst! Yaay! I thought they had given up on us!

1350 is genius. It seems to me to me that it is another MMONS. GLR can always add new panels based on the new suggestions, thus creating a never ending nerdsnipe. Because it could be expanded every dip. However, it doesn't have the pressure on him that Time had.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
adnapemit
Posts: 200
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 am UTC
Location: The wrong timezone.

Re: Related zooishness

Postby adnapemit » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:00 am UTC

Loved the zoo story ggh!
Spoiler:
ggh wrote:

Image

Is that a raftcastle? Is this a sign of an impending flood?
Empress adnapemit "Nancy" "Time Panda"
[adnapemit|timepanda]
Does anyone actually read signatures?

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0818

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:30 am UTC

SONGSTERS...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
BlitzGirl
Posts: 9088
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:48 am UTC
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby BlitzGirl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:38 am UTC

Cuegan is good at building things, that's for sure.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image
Image
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

User avatar
NoMouse
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:05 pm UTC
Location: Czech Republic

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby NoMouse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:My countries/languages were a separate list, and I'll have to compare those separately but I think the Wiki already has all the ones I found.

ETA: Okay, I scanned through my countries. I was able to add the 2nd Ukraine mapping (Ukraine → Bajor) and also Czech → Caitian.

Wow, since when were the countries filters applied? I completely missed them.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

User avatar
waveney
Posts: 548
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 pm UTC
Location: The Far South of England

Re: Time After Time: t1i-0818

Postby waveney » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 am UTC

mscha wrote:SONGSTERS...
Spoiler:
Image
-- posted by newpixbot

There is still one Beanie unaccounted for.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:50 am UTC

Brief announcement. I've started a thread in Site/Forum Issues.
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108526

I do hope for a good discussion, but I also want to keep it there. I encourage you to spread the word about it in other threads/forums, as I am truly interested in hearing from many people, and I don't know how many would stumble across it there. (But that's where I was told it belonged.)

Molpy up:
Image
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
mrob27
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:19 am UTC
Location: ]〖  
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby mrob27 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:09 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote: For decree, a RELATED drawing:
Image

Wow, I remember reading that strip when it was brand new. Image

NoMouse wrote: Wow, since when were the countries filters applied? I completely missed them.

@BlitzGirl told us about it on NP1816, and Here on NP1818 is a quote by @Dracomax demonstrating that "USA, United States, Germany, Brazil, Russia, Spain" became "EEUU, Estados Unidos, Germany, Brazil, Россия, Spain". Many more countries were added when the Madness got into fully furious doodling and pynk bananay goodness. You can see Iran got changed in the lyrics of the Animaniacs song. I meant to run that whole thing, plus all the corresponding nationalities (e.g. Iranian) through the sieves, but I didn't get around to it.

SBN wrote: Brief announcement. I've started a thread in Site/Forum Issues. http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108526

Oh yes, awefulsome idea. I'll be lurking at least.

(Edits: expand description of Dracomax's countries list quote; fix RHTF mustard)
Last edited by mrob27 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
Image
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:28 pm UTC

Sadness related stuff
Spoiler:
SBN wrote:Brief announcement. I've started a thread in Site/Forum Issues.
http://forums.xkcd.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108526

I do hope for a good discussion, but I also want to keep it there. I encourage you to spread the word about it in other threads/forums, as I am truly interested in hearing from many people, and I don't know how many would stumble across it there. (But that's where I was told it belonged.)

Molpy up:
Image

Well, I made my post there. Please let me know if anyone feels I put words in their mouth, as I did refer to the response to the sadness at one point.


And, back to your normally scheduled insanity of OTT.

So...What's our excuse for cake today?

I think Nboekend has the Vat of choclate, since I'm told the safety hat took over as High inquisior. I may have to something about that one of these days. I've just been throwing from my personal stash in a "citizens arrest" capacity.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0819

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:30 pm UTC

WONGIED...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time Revisited - np322

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:10 pm UTC

REFRUNGENT...
Image

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:19 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:
mrob27 wrote:My countries/languages were a separate list, and I'll have to compare those separately but I think the Wiki already has all the ones I found.

ETA: Okay, I scanned through my countries. I was able to add the 2nd Ukraine mapping (Ukraine → Bajor) and also Czech → Caitian.

Wow, since when were the countries filters applied? I completely missed them.

I think I added them on Saturday. They were turned off yesterday.

The hilarious thing to me is just how much sense the Ukraine thread in N&A still made.
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Neil_Boekend
Posts: 3220
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:35 am UTC
Location: Yes.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm UTC

@Dracomax: Oh right, the vat of chocolate. Uhm, eh, well I was feeling down and it looked sooooo tasty..... It's not so much a vat of chocolate as a vat that used to contain chocolate at the moment.
Last edited by Neil_Boekend on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:23 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:22 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
mrob27 wrote:My countries/languages were a separate list, and I'll have to compare those separately but I think the Wiki already has all the ones I found.

ETA: Okay, I scanned through my countries. I was able to add the 2nd Ukraine mapping (Ukraine → Bajor) and also Czech → Caitian.

Wow, since when were the countries filters applied? I completely missed them.

I think I added them on Saturday. They were turned off yesterday.

The hilarious thing to me is just how much sense the Ukraine thread in N&A still made.

At that point, you really should have renamed Russia to Cardassia...

What? I watch the star trek.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:29 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
mrob27 wrote:My countries/languages were a separate list, and I'll have to compare those separately but I think the Wiki already has all the ones I found.

ETA: Okay, I scanned through my countries. I was able to add the 2nd Ukraine mapping (Ukraine → Bajor) and also Czech → Caitian.

Wow, since when were the countries filters applied? I completely missed them.

I think I added them on Saturday. They were turned off yesterday.

The hilarious thing to me is just how much sense the Ukraine thread in N&A still made.

At that point, you really should have renamed Russia to Cardassia...

What? I watch the star trek.

......
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:36 pm UTC

SecondTalon wrote:
Dracomax wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:
NoMouse wrote:
mrob27 wrote:My countries/languages were a separate list, and I'll have to compare those separately but I think the Wiki already has all the ones I found.

ETA: Okay, I scanned through my countries. I was able to add the 2nd Ukraine mapping (Ukraine → Bajor) and also Czech → Caitian.

Wow, since when were the countries filters applied? I completely missed them.

I think I added them on Saturday. They were turned off yesterday.

The hilarious thing to me is just how much sense the Ukraine thread in N&A still made.

At that point, you really should have renamed Russia to Cardassia...

What? I watch the star trek.

......

I obviously missed at least one awesome change to the filter on Russia...
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
jimbobmacdoodle
Posts: 149
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm UTC
Location: NP 811/The Present

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby jimbobmacdoodle » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:15 pm UTC

HES wrote:~~ Whirly Time Ripple ~~
jimbobmacdoodle! It's the future-present! Come quick, grab my paw!
~~ Whirly Time Ripple ~~


*Somewhere back on new page 800*.

Aha a time portal, finally I can jump forward the 1000+ pages to the future! Wait, this portal is 5 days old, and what's that, no it's shrinking and fading away. Quickly, I must jump through it!

*Grabs hold of paw and steps through, just as the portal closes up. However, half of him isn't through when it seals up.*

*Now*

Aaarrgghh... I'm stuck.

*Pulls hard*. *Loud tearing sound*. *Falls onto the floor*.

Phew, I think I'm through. That was painful. Pro-tip to all of you present-pix waiters: don't go through a closing time portal. Right, on with the now whilst I'm still here!

*Stumbles over something*

Hmmm... a bottle, and it has a message in it. I wonder what it says?

Dear future, something strange happened when I tried to go through a time-portal. I felt like I had made it through, but next thing I know, I'm lying here on the ground and it's still np 800. What is going on? jimbobmacdoodle


I never wrote that... Guess I'll just ignore it! So, hi guys! :D

Edited to fix quotes.
BlitzGirl the Primordial
matthewglen wrote:Cueball looks concerned.

Image

User avatar
SecondTalon
SexyTalon
Posts: 26508
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 2:10 pm UTC
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Mars. HA!
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SecondTalon » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:22 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:
SecondTalon wrote:......

I obviously missed at least one awesome change to the filter on Russia...

Allow me to help with another minor thing - What was the Ukraine talking about joining? Who founded that?
heuristically_alone wrote:I want to write a DnD campaign and play it by myself and DM it myself.
heuristically_alone wrote:I have been informed that this is called writing a book.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:23 pm UTC

...sojourns into the wider forum make me more thankful than ever for the rest of you OTTers.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
Link
Posts: 1399
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:33 am UTC
Location: ᘝᓄᘈᖉᐣ
Contact:

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Link » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:39 pm UTC

I haven't yet had time to reply, but thanks everymolpy for the AUTOMOME love! Image

mrob27, I'll have a look at mr*bdex and add mrob27, Timborme and imagebot as characters. It may be take a dip or so before I can do all that, however. I've sort-of-neglected some Outside stuff to work on AUTOMOME, so I have some basement ketchup to attend to.

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:56 pm UTC

Dracomax wrote:...sojourns into the wider forum make me more thankful than ever for the rest of you OTTers.

A more Timeisha statement has never been made.

aTrue, since Time is the one True Comic.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time Revisited - np324

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

BOASTUNGS...
Image

Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by oldpixbot

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6819
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:10 pm UTC

Cueball, in the SilentOngs wrote:We'll help
Uhhh... I hope he has a plan... and I hope it's not a Cueball plan! Although for all their ineptitude, they did pull off a rather impressive rescue. We'll just have to apologize to Minim.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:19 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
Cueball, in the SilentOngs wrote:We'll help
Uhhh... I hope he has a plan... and I hope it's not a Cueball plan! Although for all their ineptitude, they did pull off a rather impressive rescue. We'll just have to apologize to Minim.

Jose

I bet Megan makes the plan. she's the schemer in the group. Cueball is more impulsive. If it were up to him, there would be a raftcastle involved somewhere, since they have a spare one anyway.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

User avatar
HES
Posts: 4888
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 7:13 pm UTC
Location: England

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:32 pm UTC

jimbobmacdoodle wrote:Aha a time portal, finally I can jump forward the 1000+ pages to the future! Wait, this portal is 5 days old, and what's that, no it's shrinking and fading away. Quickly, I must jump through it!

chirp, I got so distracted by the present that I forgot to have renewed the portal subscription.

Did... did jimbobmacdoodle just accidentally invent Schizoblitzing? Image

AnotherKevin wrote:Thought some might be curious what Another Kevin looks like. I'm the one on the right.

I thought you were referring to your avatar, which in this style is on the right. But you meant another AnotherKevin.

macraw83 wrote:
HES wrote:I just did something heretical. I've replaced my xkcd/1190 bookmark with xkcd/1350. (I would have added it separately, but that would displace the needle-pulled-bookmark that I access with click-memory)

You could have placed the 1190 bookmark after your OTT bookmark. Or, rather, you still could ;)

No. Then they would be in the wrong order. Image

Woo, 54%! That's a passing grade.

I hope their plan involves rope. Entering the cave themselves would be somewhat cueishfoolish, as I'm pretty certain they don't have Type 1 Hazmat suits lying around.

Didn't get the job. Damn.
He/Him/His Image

User avatar
mscha
Posts: 6902
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:21 pm UTC
Location: NL
Contact:

Time After Time: t1i-0820

Postby mscha » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:30 pm UTC

LINECASTONGS...
Image
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
-- posted by newpixbot

User avatar
Ebonite
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:30 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Ebonite » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm UTC

Babbitance rabbitance
Basement inhabitance
Leaves you detached
WIth a case of the blues

But, unexpectedly
It advantageously
Leaves you immune
When the madness ensues
Sir Ebonite, Lord of the Three Holes
"molpy molpy molpy molpy la la la"

User avatar
SBN
Saved
Posts: 2232
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:15 pm UTC
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby SBN » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 pm UTC

HES wrote:
Didn't get the job. Damn.

Sorry to hear that. Keep trying.
Spoiler:
Image
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

User avatar
Dracomax
Posts: 998
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:11 pm UTC

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Dracomax » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:40 pm UTC

HES wrote:Didn't get the job. Damn.

You'll get the next one. in the meantime, feel free to OTTify something until you feel better.
“have i gone mad?
im afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usualy are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ZoomanSP and 87 guests