Aluisio, loving the story so far. Mysterious is your style and I'm glad to see it.
Can't wait to see/hear taixzo's first movement....eh, the music kind. Sorry...that was inappropriate.
Cool, balthabuddy is Ebonics, too.
I was looking through my first posts (and there was some neat noteable things I noted (but I might not be the first, it could just look that way)) and I've decided I'm joining the davean cult. So instead of OMR, it'll be OMd (never to be capitalized btw), and all that. 'Cuz why not, daveandammit!
Oh, what the hell, here's a mini blitz report minus the surrounding context of other posts (except for quotes): azule-edition: spoilered:
- In my first post I used a spoiler for possibly offensive content and not just to say "Wait for it."
- My first post contains a "Ha!", and is my first lol-like interjection in the OTT. I did not append my thought with a literal 'lol' until two dips later. But, yes, you are all right to pin that on me.
My first prediction turned out to be correct (while subsequent predictions became less and less correct). Um, correct if you consider "touching" to mean adventure and discovery and mystery....azule wrote:I'm betting this will be a "touching" comic, and will not have any wacky twist ending.
Also was true. The frog face plant and facebug being two instances.azule wrote:I guess if it's long enough, a little silliness in the middle wouldn't ruin the sincerity.
I remember noting this in the Future-Present, question is, was I the first to note it?azule wrote:It sorta feels like we have (been passively forced to) come together to bond over this mystery.
It is, isn't it? (If you can count all of our off-topics as RELATED...)azule wrote:Maybe this can become the longest on-topic thread on the fora.
- My first ONG was on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:32 pm UTC, with the comment "She's doing some gutter work" which was met with a sexual innuendo. This proves that all the dirty minds are yours and I was just being perfectly innocent. It's true!
- On Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 am UTC I note that I don't have a way of identifying the frame I refer to, probably due to the ni ni ni frame number standards being on the horizon or too new for me to notice. By Friday I use one of the frame standards (I've always used mscha's, so, probably that one?)
- The same dip I mention that we can create threads in the rest of the fora for other topics. It's too bad that the Sadness came and the mods thought that we weren't into that...
- The same dip I mention "catch up" (what's that?) and my gender (which was confused in the Future-Past).
- The next dip, the first "blind post" with added "lurker" component. Lurkreplies is something I called my replies later on during my Zanclean Zodiac period. They're basically the same...and always have been connected.
- I praise davean and 12 hours later I note that I have a new title ('Saved').
- I named one of the first divisions, but it never got used:
LMAOazule wrote:Finally caught up!!! Just in time for the era of "Still Fucking Confused".
- I refer to 'newspeak' on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 am UTC where I'm referring to 'newpix' (or was it 'longpix'?)
- I mention "ninjas" on Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:01 pm UTC, but was it already mentioned...or was I first? (Yeah, I'm not checking any of these, sorry.)
- I mention Grow Cube, which was just thinking about again...and I mention it because I think it would super neat to OTTify that. I'm not that good with Canvas, anyone up for some coding or image-making?
- My first first-hand pervertedness is on display on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:48 pm UTC. Eh...I shouldn't help you xuys know this stuff.
See here? We can't do anything about newpix (aside from TAT), and we can't do anything about the way time feels when we transition from one time period to another...but there is always penis jokes. Here's one: I think Cueball should be renamed One-Eyed Willy. You know, due to his head looking a bit like one eye...azule wrote:Probably still slow because: 1) newpix are slow; 2) people were exhausted keeping up last week and now it feels more like a wait til the end comes situation than a "The end is Nigh" situation; 3) Needs more penis jokes?
- Oh, it looks like the "dead horse" incident might be the first period of punning, pre-Blitzaggen.
No one, not even me, emulated this style. Legend foretold that Thus Ends would surpass this style by 400-fold.azule wrote:Legend be told that the uncrenelated will be crenelated by the bald one. And, yay, prophecy was fulfilled.
- Okay, I stop here, within these 120 posts I perused, and do not find an ONG word. Well, this was a tangent. I would like to consume tangential tangerines. Can someone help me figure out how to make those exist?
Note to mrob: I've been playing Q04B a lot more at a time now. You win. I guess it's because I'm starting to figure out a strategy. Oh, no, not a winning one, just a one. I'm getting a sort of Tetris zen going on (though, I am pretty damn good at Tetris, so that be a bit different). Thanks for the Offline App mode. It helps knowing I can get back to it and therefore that there's a point in thinking of playing...then, I actually do. Hah!
BlueCrab, improving my inanity since Ought1 (whatever that is).BetterChatter wrote::lol: LMFAOA1
Well done! Then Zooman. Where did you two get your prism?HE THAT IS HES wrote:
Oooh, NoMouse for the win with an actual prism (assumed) from Time getting used. !
Hey, emurobu, is this (the first one) a ketchup bottle inside a plastic bag?
That sounds wonderful. *lamentedly sighs*jbmacd wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Something just came through the post today. From a certain OTTer no less. Anybody want to guess what I am now the proud owner of? I'll give you a clue. My oven now reminds me of the OTC & OTT.
*salivates* I want Krispy Kreme IN MY MOUTH! Especially these ones. *salivates, slips on saliva as I walk, thus ends me*
Is it possible that there is no such definition, but a possible retrodef due to rearranging "word play" into its sister order? It's the same process that we do with "a white house" becoming "a house that is white" or "thumb wrestling" becoming "wrestling with thumbs", but where "word play" existed and the other did not. "Word play" would be similar to "sex play" and "bicycle play" (do not mix these two at home), and the inverse of these would be "playing with sex" and "playing with bicycles", would they not? "Playing with words" sounds like the actual correct inverse...someone silly just made up "play on words" and it was probably a proto-OTTer.ucim wrote:The attributive noun applied to "word play", but not "play on words".
Indeed. And coming from you...man, I wish I was a manip master like y'all. I better up my game and maybe I'll get to play with the big [insert gender based description here], too!ggh, praising NoMouse, wrote:Stunning manip!
I believe those people are called Product Purchase Verification Experts.BlueCrab wrote:‘checker’ (person running a cash register...)
Did yours change or just what you have access to right now? And yes, the timeout on some of these things (such as github) really messes with a slower connection.AASG wrote:Work on the OTTer Map is currently delayed due to an abysmal Internet connection. I can't even fetch Leaflet's repository properly.
I now feel your pain, azule.
What a great idea (I say, but I'm just hinting at an idea I had but you ninja'd me on saying it; it's similar...very similar)!AASG wrote:Maybe I should write a software to write the story for me.
Oh, so they're all in 50 word chunks? I didn't know that. Neat! (I like the chunk better than the entire story being within those 50 words...it really doesn't feel like a story but an outline at that point.) Note: did a work count...it's more than 50. *shrug* I didn't figure it out...this time!Found out what StratPlayer was up to. Got inspired. First entry written successfully. Decided to restrict the format. Kept going.
But in this case wouldn't it be pronounced essentially the same? (ma'pee, mawpee, where they both "have" a trailing 'w' on the first syllable, which is actually silent and just tells us how to pronounce the 'a'.) My English might be different than yours. My English might be different than my English. Malpy małpy malpy małpy malpy małpy malpy małpy malpy małpy malpy małpy...bałthasar_w wrote:yappobiscuits wrote:
Did y'all know the Polish word for monkey is "malpy"?
Polish 'Ł' is not 'L' and is read more like English 'W', not 'L'.
Thanks for pointing this out. I think this proves my point a little. The point that the l/ł distinction is not that important and that it's probably just for the sake of identifying vowel pronunciations.NoMouse wrote:"Malpa" (with regular 'L'), plural "malpy" is also a Czech word for capuchin monkey. I didn't know that it means just "monkey" in Polish but the words are most likely somehow RELATED.
Why are you doing that? Is your system based on showing a frame for a second (not sure what amount as I've yet to see the vid as I write this) and therefore longer showings require more redundancy? Hah, yours is not only a redundant standard but has many redundancies itself. hehe.taixzo wrote:I am creating a new frame numbering system, where dialog frames get a few duplicates each.
Uh...how can you pronounce "lpy"? My tongue doesn't work that way.blitzgirlpedia wrote:syll. mol-py, mo-lpy
...Keep going. Need more molpies here!blitzgirlpedia wrote:Molpee, Molpey, Molpi, Molpie
Oh, good. Now we only need 6 more to complete the song. BlitzGirl, for your next google-fu, please return with grapevine variations (or as I regularly misplell it: gravepine (which is, btw, a type of tree that only grows it's roots in the foot of a grave, heheheheh...I'm clever )). For the revised video it would include pictures (or caricatures) of these girls.Molpea, Molpe
So, just as we have Veteran's Day, we would have Molpy's Day. ucim, please assign this to your calendar (if not already there).gold dug up by BG wrote:Military Service by Molpy
Good question. Flood would be be like paper, in that your fingers would extend out, but separated like the iconic water symbol. Molpy would be unlike any traditional hand symbol. It would be hiding amongst one of the other two symbols. Like, maybe the thumb is poking through the flood symbol a little or the pinky is out a little on the rock symbol. Ni ni ni I'm a dork-a-saurus rex.yappo wrote:What would the hand gestures for each be? We already have rock from the original of course...
FTFBlitzGirl, azule wrote:...More legs?
Another blitz find (I gotta stop!) This might be cool to say the phrase "that was a steakish stake" or "your stakes are always steakish". Homophonic redundancy for teh win!Qbeargarden wrote:So p o s t is stake now. Nice.
I see. I'm in your (browser) window.ggh wrote:the Little Wonder has had me on a very short chain lately... if you could only see what it's taken to write this post!
I just wanted to artify this. Yeah, it's not an OTTification. Sorry.
Disclaimers and redundancy:
Edit: Popage. It's probably not likely with such a large post, but let's try anyways. Decree: Describe your room and how it is OTTified, or if not, how you would OTTify it. I.e. how you'd spruce it up.