1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

ergman

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ergman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:35 pm UTC

Welcome Jozwa!
Wasn't there someone named moomin earlier in the thread? I distinctly remember misreading it as moonim and thinking they were a cow version of minim.

Speaking of, nice OTTifications, HES, minim, and Blitzgirl!

Edit: you know, I had a feeling I was going to be pope, but I still didn't bother to think of a decree. Hmm...

Think of some online interactivities we OTTers could take part in, like the terraria thing for example.

Secondary edit: Lucy Liu might have had something to do with it, subconsciously. I don't know. Luisy? Louise?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:43 pm UTC

ergman wrote:Wasn't there someone named moomin earlier in the thread?

Yup
ergman wrote:I distinctly remember misreading it as moonim and thinking they were a cow version of minim.

That would be this amusing exchange.
He/Him/His Image

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:23 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:Hm. My preview of the image is rotated 90 degrees and the bottom part has been clipped […]. Mustard! But maybe it looks better for you...

And that's EXIF done right ― except…
CSS Image Values and Replaced Content Module Level 3 wrote:Note that some devices will "tag" an image with some metadata indicating its correct orientation, so image viewing software can do the necessary transformation themselves. Due to legacy compatibility restraints, Web browsers are required to ignore this data by default. A future level of this specification is expected to have a value that applies the metadata-specified transformation automatically.

(emphasis mine)

However, clipping is solvable with this userstyle:

Code: Select all

.content, .quotecontent {
    overflow: auto !important;
}
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Soup

Postby Soup » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:32 pm UTC

@ergman @HES @BlitzGirl Ha! That was a fun trip into the past :D But, was it ever decided; is BlitzGirl really GLR???
Waiting for it...

Go username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, Rakhal, thunk!!

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Minimoo :D

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:35 pm UTC

No.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:44 pm UTC

"No" it was never decided, or "No" you are not GLR?
He/Him/His Image

Soup

Postby Soup » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:45 pm UTC

"No," it wasn't decided, or "No," you aren't GLR?

Of course she isn't GLR, but it's fun to stir the pot!

EDIT Dammit, ninja'd!
Waiting for it...

HES

Postby HES » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:49 pm UTC

GOOMHS! That was a creepily accurate ninjation.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:53 pm UTC

Um, no to all of the above?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Soup

Postby Soup » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:58 pm UTC

Yay! A mystery within a mystery! Hi GLR BlitzGirl!
Waiting for it...

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:01 am UTC

I believe the tradition asserts I should now state that it was long ago established that we are all GLR.

but especially BlitzGirl

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:11 am UTC

We're all GLRELATED.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

In case of rogue AI

Postby HES » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:12 am UTC

I'd complain that something can't be both "known to be untrue" and "unknown" at the same time, but with the amount of temporal shenanigans and ni ni ni ni's that go on around here I'm less sure.

Boo. The BBC website iswas having a serious bout of mustard, inlcuding iPlayer, so I can't catch up on raptorishcomics.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:53 am UTC

I think you can probably have:
Is BlitzGirl really GLR? No.
Was it ever decided (by the OTT)? No.

...maybe. I might have gotten some ni ni ni's on the parentheses, though.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: The Goat Post

Postby SBN » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:25 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Sideways for me too, I'm afraid. But really an impressive illustration.

Opening the image in a new tab solved that for me.
(The sideways part, the impressive part got enhanced.)

jozwa wrote:I only recently learned that Time has an actual story and so I read the whole thing. When I got to frame 3022 it occurred to me that the story kind of reminds me of Tove Jansson's Comet in Moominland: They go to a far away place in the mountains to learn about a coming disaster, then return to warn others and improvise some plan to stay alive. A good story.

Welcome, jozwa, Revealer the Recent! I'll have to look that story up.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:27 am UTC

BlitzgGirl used "Technicality"

It's super effective!
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Botmustard!

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:03 am UTC

It's so effective I added another g to my name! :wink:

Amtoo RehattUNG:

OTT Time Travel

Hey, isn't oldpixbot supposed to have UNGged one of these by now?
In fact, oldpixbot hasn't UNGged since mrob posted the list of newpix and Time Travel links last newpage. Is oldpixbot confused by that?

Image ImageImage Image Image
Newpix remaining: 164
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:13 am UTC

It's hard to type with these little paws, ok? :P
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:20 am UTC

I imagine it would be difficult for a hamply to have to deal with a keyboard so frequently...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Like Marten slapping Faye

Postby HES » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:44 am UTC

That's the sort of audacious move that keyboards let you get away with. If you can't beat 'em, surprise 'em.
He/Him/His Image

BlitzGirl

ENAP: 1 so far

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:47 am UTC

AAAAR;GA;ORGHRALER/G/LAG;OHGREA;OHGA

(That was me surprising my leopard by pouncing on it.)

Edits to add an UNG:
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:17 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mrob27

A WILD BLITZGGIRL APPEARS!

Postby mrob27 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:09 am UTC

... mrob.com is working again (for now at least) ...

第三十八章

(chapter 37)

At the other side of the rice fields Morobu finds two new tiles, left by others since he first passed the spot. He reads each: the first is by karhell from two days earlier — apparently just an hour or two after he had passed — and the other by MistyCat, just this morning.
  Excited, he begins adding these findings to his journal (along with what he remembers of the three by the gorintō).
  He then kneels, and prays as before, summoning Cuelessness almost immediately. On the bottom of the fresh tile thus produced, he writes:

今直接これらの森の中に、私の手順を辿り。    
私の足は近くの丘に向かってプルを感じる。    
           守炉部二十七、昼前28日5月。

(Now retracing my steps, directly into these woods.
My legs feel a pull towards the near hill.               
             Morobu-Niju-Nana, forenoon
               the 28th day of the 5th month.)

then places it beside the other two.
  Stepping now into the forest, Morobu continues as before, still retracing his steps, along the path that now feels slightly "downhill" with Mt. Fuji presumably to his right. It is a comfortable few hours' stroll, the air once again cool and fresh.
  At one point there is a jumble of stones that Morobu remembers, this time he notices a hint of a stream flowing under them. About an hour later, he crosses a stream that he remembers clearly (flowing from right to left). This is not the stream of the mountain-pond, so he crosses it and continues.

SBN wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: Sideways for me too, I'm afraid. But really an impressive illustration.

Opening the image in a new tab solved that for me.

Naturaly I've written programs to deal with this annoynace, on both ends (producing images to share with others, and "consuming" images that others have shared with me).
  It all started when someone decided to rotate images the "simple" way, which is to convert the JPG to pixels, rotate the pixels, then convert back to a JPG. This is rather undesirable because it makes the image a little worse — or it would if you don't know anything about JPGs. Ironically, if you look at the details of the JPEG standard, it turns out you can rotate (by multiples of 90 degrees) without losing any information:
the jpegtran manual wrote: jpegtran works by rearranging the compressed data (DCT coefficients), without ever fully decoding the image. Therefore, its transformations are lossless: there is no image degradation at all, which would not be true if you used djpeg followed by cjpeg to accomplish the same conversion. But by the same token, jpegtran cannot perform lossy operations such as changing the image quality.

Sadly, no-one knew this was possible so they came up with a new idea: let's just add a little extra information to the image telling whether it should be rotated when shown to the user. But not all programs know about this little extra bit of information, and some (as @AluisioASG pointed out) have to ignore it lest they cause other problems.

BlitzGirl wrote: Hey, isn't oldpixbot supposed to have UNGged one of these by now?
In fact, oldpixbot hasn't UNGged since mrob posted the list of newpix and Time Travel links last newpage. Is oldpixbot confused by that?
Image Image Image Image Image

Yes, we should have gotten a bot UNG. Perhaps oldpixbot was relying on my server to figure out the OTT Time Travel link, though I doubt that because it's not @mscha's style.

mrob27 Image
Last edited by mrob27 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:39 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:16 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: Hey, isn't oldpixbot supposed to have UNGged one of these by now?
Image Image Image Image Image

Yes, we should have gotten a bot UNG. Perhaps oldpixbot was relying on my server to figure out the OTT Time Travel link, though I doubt that because it's not @mscha's style.

I was thinking something more like, oldpixbot noted that the link to the UNG had been posted recently and interpreted that as "an OTTer has ninja'd me and posted the UNG," and thus did not post the pix. I don't know what oldpixbot detects, but if it's something as simple as http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/2930 then the list would trip it.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:39 am UTC

HES wrote:
ergman wrote:Wasn't there someone named moomin earlier in the thread?

Yup
ergman wrote:I distinctly remember misreading it as moonim and thinking they were a cow version of minim.

That would be this amusing exchange.

And on that page is also the post that got me reading Nimona.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mrob27

UNGERS GOTTA UNG

Postby mrob27 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:22 am UTC

UNGODLINESS
frame M#2932
you can't run, and you can't hide,
it's the SEA baby, and it's CH*RPING MAD!

BlitzGirl wrote:I was thinking something more like, oldpixbot noted that the link to the UNG had been posted recently and interpreted that as "an OTTer has ninja'd me and posted the UNG," and thus did not post the pix. I don't know what oldpixbot detects, but if it's something as simple as http://xkcd.mscha.org/viewer/2930 then the list would trip it.

Oh dear, that would be pretty ch*rpy... and Yes, I think you're right...
  But I think that the bot ought to ignore such links if they were posted more than one or two newpix "too early"... otherwise, all of these links we've been posting in the normal course of non-UNG discussions would confuse the bot.
  Also, if it were really trying to detect being ninja'd (cough cough, @mscha, cough cough) the bot should ignore any link unless that link is very close to an image, and specifically, an image that is actually on xkcd.com or on mscha.org, because a colorization is not the real image. But I'm a purist :?
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

azule
Saved

BlindPost

Postby azule » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:31 am UTC

JoM "I'm planning to finally go molpy down at some normal point, like 2am" - Hah, that sounds like normal to me, too. Good luck on becoming "normal". :)

lmjb "I suddenly remembered that I had a comavision where I posted and it was #42" - Neat. I envision a forum where the number of posts per page is flexible (sexual) so that the Pope is always in the Pope position (non-sexual). Maybe 42 sometimes, maybe 39. The <40 pages are the saddest. :(

lmjb "I think that's the first time we've had [Thus Begins Time]!" - Nope.

mrob27 "I forget the details, but one of the BBcode tags makes the post content sometimes go into multiple lines." - It's one of the inline attachments. (Non-inline attachments exist outside of the "postcontent" div.) I forget which exact attachment type mustards up that method, though. Maybe I'll remember before posting...

macraw "wipxip" - According to the "alt" definition and according to thinking xip == zip (i.e. zipper sound)... anyone else find this humorous? (It's like "wham, bam, thank you, ma'am", for those that don't follow.")

macraw "The site says that the volunteers are atheists or followers of non-Christian faiths, who do not believe in the rapture and would therefore not be taken in the rapture, and they have signed up to care for animals if it actually does happen." - Responding, because why not, I meant to insinuate that any faith/religion that really does have a rapture and heaven and all that, that they would have to take "non"-christians with them because of their christian/saint-like behaviour. I know, probably wouldn't due to the belief clause, but it just makes sense to me.

HES "It's definitely my all-Time favourite OTColoured. (So far...)" - Ah, a subtle hint for me to step up my game. *goes off to munch on some crayons (to gain their crayonish power!)*

This colpix is not related to my previous ^^ response.

AASG "Do people have preferred colors to be used when mentioning them?" - Nope. Happy with whatever, but let's say some shade of blue or orangish.

balthawesomeful "I'm going to make the code for the mirror and the bots available today." - That's awesomeful news. If only because I'm looking to steal your wisdom (even though your wisdom is magic and I probably won't understand it). *waits for it*

J+ "OTT isn't really my cup of tea given that I missed the first ~2020 posts..." - It's too bad that so many feel that way. I know, for myself, a good blitzing feels in order when confronted with a thread of any size that I feel like joining properly. I wonder if people like JPlus have this same issue or do they feel like they are required to feel that way?

J_ "Have I been here before?" - Hah, nope. It's funny to think that, maybe, one is so familiar with our thread's existence that you think you have posted. No, we didn't suck you in without your knowledge (lmjb1964's first post notwithstanding).

Severely ninja'd, so I'll just say: *tsks at balthasar* (that's for the JPlus catle (that's cat+(cast)le)...(maybe catstle (cat+(ca(stle))))) Psst. It was subtle.

Spoiler:
2852(colpix_mashup-credit-HES).png
Hopefully not ninja'd.

If you read this sig, post about one arbitrary thing you did today.

I celebrate up to six arbitrary things before breakfast.
Time does drag on and on and contain spoilers. Be aware of memes.

balthasar_s

Hold my redundaspoiler and watch this!

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 am UTC

Another one arrived. maybe this will help.
  • wrote:Hello,
    A#e###u e#j##i## ########y?
    ### #f#I t####yo# i# wa# a w####n####o####y#######e##?
    #ro#a######## But### I###l# ### #t###s#a###e##o#####a#####?
  • Redundant:
    Spoiler:
    BFTF-6.PNG
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

HES

Postby HES » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 am UTC

Uh... I had the full-length-movie version of a youtube tab explosion, and now it's nearly midday tomorrow. Molpy involuntarily down.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Revisited - np2935

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 am UTC

KUNGAROOS...
Spoiler:
RUN.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:YOU WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD A VITSSÅGEN

-- posted by oldpixbot

Sustainabilizer

Re: Hold my redundaspoiler and watch this!

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:Another one arrived. maybe this will help.
  • wrote:Hello,
    A#e###u e#j##i## ########y?
    ### #f#I t####yo# i# wa# a w####n####o####y#######e##?
    #ro#a######## But### I###l# ### #t###s#a###e##o#####a#####?
    Spoiler:
Observations:
  • Hmm… even the unenhanced version looks promising. :shock:
  • This is BFTF-6.PNG, but there was no BFTF-5.png.
  • The second line of the text might contain “it was a”.
  • The last line of the text might contain “Button little”.
But now: ENHANCE!
Of course, the first I did was to try to ENHANCE “EVERYTHING” on http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/redundant?spoiler=show&n=32, but I just get the same ENHANCEd PNG as usual. Same for “everything”, and similar for the “DON'T CLICK” button.
Next, I tried safewords with both buttons:

RuBisCo
rubisco
RUBISCO
RibuloseBisphosphateCarboxylaseoxygenase
ribulosebisphosphatecarboxylaseoxygenase
RIBULOSEBISPHOSPHATECARBOXYLASEOXYGENASE
Same result. (Read: No result.)

For decree: My current research project is an online activity RELATED to the OTT. Once there will be something to present I'll announce it here. Hopefully it will be a valuable contribution to the OTT, so OTTers can engage in it even inside the OTT. We'll see.
Spoiler:
Wait for it.

RSIR
Spoiler:
BFTF-6-ENHANCEd.png
Last edited by Sustainabilizer on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:33 am UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

Link

NOOOO THEY BE CRENELLATING MY DECREES

Postby Link » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:44 am UTC

HES wrote:Uh... I had the full-length-movie version of a youtube tab explosion, and now it's nearly midday tomorrow. Molpy involuntarily down.

I'm having the opposite problem; I decided to take an afternoon microcoma yesterdip and molpied up 3½ newpix later, then I molpied down properly at around 1:30 a.m.H and molpied up at 11:45 a.m.H just now. I'm completely free until the first of Deliverance or thereabouts, though, and my biological clock probably knows what it's doing, so ch*rp it. :)

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: NOOOO THEY BE CRENELLATING MY DECREES

Postby SBN » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:24 pm UTC

Link wrote:
HES wrote:Uh... I had the full-length-movie version of a youtube tab explosion, and now it's nearly midday tomorrow. Molpy involuntarily down.

I'm having the opposite problem; I decided to take an afternoon microcoma yesterdip and molpied up 3½ newpix later, then I molpied down properly at around 1:30 a.m.H and molpied up at 11:45 a.m.H just now. I'm completely free until the first of Deliverance or thereabouts, though, and my biological clock probably knows what it's doing, so ch*rp it. :)

I've been having a lot of inadvertent molpy up, the wolpies are off their schedules after all the driving, and the motel room is joining the conspiracy. Overnight the phone rang for no reason, and two np later the microwave started beeping for no reason. Add in, of course, all the noise from other people coming and going, and there has been very little coma.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:15 pm UTC

Image wrote:
Sustainabilizer wrote:Next, I tried safewords with both buttons:

RuBisCo
rubisco
RUBISCO
RibuloseBisphosphateCarboxylaseoxygenase
ribulosebisphosphatecarboxylaseoxygenase
RIBULOSEBISPHOSPHATECARBOXYLASEOXYGENASE
Same result. (Read: No result.)
Wow. I wasn't aware of this safeword.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:38 pm UTC

Image wrote:Wow. I wasn't aware of this safeword.
:shock: Are there other safewords?
Wikipedia wrote:In theory a safeword is usually a word that the person would not ordinarily say during sex, such as ziggurat, Arnie, or pinech.

#!/bin/bash

for safeword in \
  ziggurat \
  Ziggurat \
  ZIGGURAT \
  arnie \
  Arnie \
  ARNIE \
  pinech \
  Pinech \
  PINECH
do
  wget -O "botm-click-$safeword.html" "http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/click?n=$safeword"
  wget -O "botm-enhance-$safeword.html" "http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/pro/bluenh/nh.png?i=$safeword"
done
Nothing.

ergman

Postby ergman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

I feel Ziggurat is a pokemon...

And did I mention I subconsciously used Azule in a scrabble game, thinking it was a word, and not an OTTer?

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:15 pm UTC

I looked at these words appearing in the server logs and wondered where they came from. Wikipedia? not very RELATED.
BSTA

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:36 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:I looked at these words appearing in the server logs and wondered where they came from. Wikipedia? not very RELATED.
The RELATED one did not work.
Also tried the number of the OtherComic (1039). Nope.
Does anymolpy have a standardni transliteration of the safeword below?ni: I am aware of the latin and the CAS transliteration, but there might be more. We need one which unifies them all, so we can enter that in the web form on the moon.

waveney

Postby waveney » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:06 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
Image wrote:Wow. I wasn't aware of this safeword.
:shock: Are there other safewords?
Wikipedia wrote:In theory a safeword is usually a word that the person would not ordinarily say during sex, such as ziggurat, Arnie, or pinech.

#!/bin/bash

for safeword in \
  ziggurat \
  Ziggurat \
  ZIGGURAT \
  arnie \
  Arnie \
  ARNIE \
  pinech \
  Pinech \
  PINECH
do
  wget -O "botm-click-$safeword.html" "http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/click?n=$safeword"
  wget -O "botm-enhance-$safeword.html" "http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info/pro/bluenh/nh.png?i=$safeword"
done
Nothing.

But the only non heretical safe word is:Image

Also Sandcastle Builder Version 3.64:

- Two new boosts Saturnav and Cake
- Dragon Nest shows curent linings when it has eggs within

Spoiler:
safeword.png
safeword.png (8.45 KiB) Viewed 13777 times

NoMouse

TdF update

Postby NoMouse » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:07 pm UTC

I'm not Charlie Grumbles but I will try it for once anyway:

Today I was watching just the end of the Stage 15 of Tour de France and the finish in Nîmes was really thrilling. There were two riders riding alone ahead of the peloton the entire 222 km long stage - Jack Bauer (not this one) from New Zealand and Martin Elmiger from Switzerland. They were cooperatingA for the whole time (even though they were not in the same team) so that they could maintain the several minutes long gap between them and the rest of the riders. Few kilometers before finish, they were still about 1 minute ahead but then the gap started to shrink; although not very quickly also because the peloton was being in disadvantage when riding through the numerous roundaboutsR.
Few hundred meters to t** e** - the two heroes are still in the lead but with the accelerating peloton dangerously close. Less than 100 meters - they caught them. Elmiger is overtaken but Jack Bauer is still trying to keep his position. 20 meters before the finish line - they got Bauer too. At the finish line - Norwegian rider Alexander Kristoff is first and also 8 other riders have overtaken Bauer, leaving him literallyL in tears. Elmiger ended 16th. (But the place doesn't matterE, you are either the winner of the stage or you are not. In the second case, only the time counts - I've now even noticed, that the time is counted as the same for all the 69 riders that were in the first large group. As I'm not a regular TdF (nor cycling in general) viewer, that's interesting to me but I guess it makes sense - if you are in the middle of a large group in a narrow street, you really can't do much to move to better place.)

AThat means they were alternating in the lead - the first rider always cuts through the air, so the second one is "carried" by the first one, then they switch. Riding along - it's not very effective. Riding in a group - it's super effective!
ROTT RELATED
LYes, literally 'literally', not figuratively 'literally'
EETA: Apparently, this is not entirely true, there are also points for the sprinter's competition that depend on the position.
Last edited by NoMouse on Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time Revisited - np2942

Postby mscha » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:10 pm UTC

GRUMBLUNGS...
Spoiler:
RUN.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:TIMBORME IS THE PANTHER SALVE OF THE EQUIMOLPIES

-- posted by oldpixbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”