1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sciscitor

Re: _FIRSTPOSTS 2: ELECTRIC BAGALOO_

Postby Sciscitor » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:55 pm UTC

Sustainablitzer wrote:I've been mostly ninja'd by Link, but I'd like to add that you can boot most devices, including tables, from a USB data storage.

I've been running Linux on quite a variety of devices for about two decades now. Never succeded to install it on a table though. :wink:

Apart from that: I'll second the advice of Sustainablitzer and Link.

ETA decree: Tell us: Which everyday or timey items would benefit the most from having an OS installed and how? Or wouldn't they?
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:16 pm UTC

Sciscitor wrote:Never succeded to install it on a table though. :wink:

He/Him/His Image

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ucim » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:05 pm UTC

Wowtrees! That's actually really literally "installed on a table".

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mrob27

MAKE ENAP, NOT MMONS

Postby mrob27 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:26 pm UTC

HES wrote:The upgrade runs pretty smoothly (or if it doesn't, you can force it to quite easily).

Is this a typo?
The upgrade runs pretty smoothly (or if it doesn't, you can force it to quit easily).

or is it meant literally?
The upgrade runs pretty smoothly (or if it doesn't, you can quite easily force it run smoothly).

If the latter, how is that possible?
  If the former, are you saying I can downgrade back to Windows 8.1?

This isn't for me, it's for my husband, for whom I serve as IT — I personally avoid Windows to the greatest extent possible whilst not alienating my contacts and others in my society.

Sustainibiliser wrote:GNU/: Linux

I like the idea of calling it "GNU/Linux". GNU was first and the superscript is kind of TEXish.

— mrob27 Image

IS THAT A TYMIVERSARY IN LOPSIDE'S KETCHUP
OR IS XE JUST HAPPY TO SCHIZOBLITZ ME?
Last edited by mrob27 on Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:31 pm UTC, edited 2 times in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Sciscitor

Postby Sciscitor » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:27 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Wowtrees! That's actually really literally "installed on a table".

Jose
I stand corrected... would not recommend this table for Junebug though. It seems to be a bit too computery.
TFDA Senior OTT Analyst (Resources, The Database of OTC and OTT Related Art)
To all Blitzers (Maugrim, micdi, Purplepants77 et al): Have fun and enjoy your journey!
Holmes, Sherlock wrote:"It's elementary, my dear Watson!"1
1 Holmes actually never said this.

HES

Re: MAKE ENAP, NOT MMONS

Postby HES » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:59 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:
HES wrote:The upgrade runs pretty smoothly (or if it doesn't, you can force it to quite easily).

Is this a typo?

The automated process of upgrading from 8 to 10 runs pretty smoothly (or if it doesn't work properly due to a rare error, you can use a different method which also runs pretty smoothly).

You can also downgrade within a month.
He/Him/His Image

username5243

Postby username5243 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:06 pm UTC

I've found more poems, haikus this time, on page 310. These are the first original poems here (the one on page 283 was edited in later, I have not reached its actual appearance yet.

manvandmaan wrote:Our Great Lord Randall
He gave us the One True Comic
and said: Wait for it.
-
Here we all are now.
Watching the Great SandCastle
and waiting for it.
-
The glorious TimeLand.
Where the River may be small,
but the Sea is big.
This is a signature, in case you didn't notice.

HES

Postby HES » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:13 pm UTC

I have not reached the close bracket yet)
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np583

Postby mscha » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:00 am UTC

SQUARONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Wnderer.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:OTTERCOMICS ARE FIRSTPOSTS WHO CRENELLATE MTAS INLAND.

-- posted by randompixbot

Link

BE VEWY VEWY QUIET, I'M HOTDOGGING OWGANISED SANDS

Postby Link » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:35 am UTC

Nooooo, my SB save somehow got m*starded! I just reached infinite glass and ran the Vacuum Cleaner for a bit, but when I turned it off again I got Mustard Sand. Clicking makes it jump to 0, but it goes back to Mustard on the next mNP. Locking all Ceilings fixes it, but as soon as I buy one of them back, it becomes Mustard again. Image

Save state:

Code: Select all

My42NjdQUDE0MjUxNjQzODQ3MDlQMDEwMDAxMDE1NTAwMDEwMDAxMTAwMjBQMjM2M1MyNjAwNTZTNjE4UzBTMVMxODc5UzIxOVMzMjQ1ODdTMFMzMlMzNFMwUzQ0ODRTMjM2M1MwUzIyUzI0U1AxLjM1OTYwNDg4NjY0MDMwNTVlJTI1MkIxMzBDNC4yNTgxMjMyNjY4NjM4Mjk2ZSUyNTJCNTdDSW5maW5pdHlDMS4zNTk2MDQ4ODY2NDAzMDU1ZSUyNTJCMTMwQzMuNTk0NjI5NjE1ODIxMDU5ZSUyNTJCMTMwUzcuMzcyOTczMzM2OTgyMTcxZSUyNTJCMTI5QzcuNTQyMDMyMDk4MDEzNDllJTI1MkI1N0NJbmZpbml0eUM3LjM3Mjk3MzMzNjk4MjE3MWUlMjUyQjEyOUMxLjUyNjczNDQ5NzYyNjY0MzZlJTI1MkIyNTRTNy43NjIyNzc4NjM5OTkyNDVlJTI1MkIxMjlDNC4yNTY4MzY0OTgwMzI2NTc1ZSUyNTJCNTdDSW5maW5pdHlDNy43NjIyNzc4NjM5OTkyNDVlJTI1MkIxMjlDMS43MTgwMjY4MzcwOTgzODAxZSUyNTJCMTMxUzcuNzYyMjc3ODYzOTk4MDU4ZSUyNTJCMTI5QzQuMjU2Nzk2MDM4MjkyMzk2NmUlMjUyQjU3Q0luZmluaXR5QzcuNzYyMjc3ODYzOTk4MDU4ZSUyNTJCMTI5QzIuMjA4ODkxNjQ3Njg3MDE0ZSUyNTJCMTMxUzIuMDgyOTY3NTU4MzU0MDIwMmUlMjUyQjEyOUM0LjI1NTk4MDUyNjYwNDA5OGUlMjUyQjU3Q0luZmluaXR5QzIuMDgyOTY3NTU4MzU0MDIwMmUlMjUyQjEyOUMyLjQ0MzIwNjE0MDM3NDA1N2UlMjUyQjEzMVMzLjg5OTcyMjAxODgzMjEyNGUlMjUyQjEyOUM3LjU0MTU0MzQ0MDg3MDY0ZSUyNTJCNTdDSW5maW5pdHlDMy44OTk3MjIwMTg4MzIxMjRlJTI1MkIxMjlDMS40NDI3NjQxMDAyNTcxODNlJTI1MkIyNTVTUDguMDgwOTAxMzk3NjY3NjgxZSUyNTJCMTI5QzQuMjU0NTY4NzM5NTkxMDUxZSUyNTJCNTdDSW5maW5pdHlDSW5maW5pdHlDMEM0LjMwNDMzMjYwMjUzNjE3MTVlJTI1MkIxMzBDOC4wODA5MDEzOTc2Njc2ODFlJTI1MkIxMjlDMi4wMDMwMzEzMDkyNzU5Nzc0ZSUyNTJCNzlDMFM3LjM3Mjk3MzMzNjc5NDU2NGUlMjUyQjEyOUM0LjI1NjY4NzI5ODAzMjY1OGUlMjUyQjU3QzBDOTcxODAzQzBDMEM3LjM3Mjk3MzMzNjc5NDU2NGUlMjUyQjEyOUM0LjM4OTA0Nzc2MjM2MTM5NWUlMjUyQjEzMUMyLjQ1MDk3NzEwNDM1NTU3MWUlMjUyQjEzMFM3Ljc2MjI3Nzg2Mzk5ODA1OGUlMjUyQjEyOUM0LjI1Njc5ODc4Mzc0Njk0MzRlJTI1MkI1N0MwQzMuNzczNTM5MzAyMDEyMDIzM2UlMjUyQjE3M0M2QzBDNy43NjIyNzc4NjM5OTgwNThlJTI1MkIxMjlDMS4wOTQ3OTY1MjAxOTAwMDc2ZSUyNTJCMjU4QzIuMDE3NjkzMDk1MTk4MTYyZSUyNTJCMTMxUzIuMDgyOTY3NTU4MzU0ODExNmUlMjUyQjEyOUM0LjI1NTk5NzUyNjYwNDA5OGUlMjUyQjU3Q0luZmluaXR5QzIuNzI3ODE0NDg1NDA2MjU2ZSUyNTJCMTkzQzEuMTU5MjI0MDY0MDQ1NjY5OGUlMjUyQjQzQzBDMi4wODI5Njc1NTgzNTQ4MTE2ZSUyNTJCMTI5QzEuODA1MTY2NDk1ODYzODQwNGUlMjUyQjEzM0M2LjIzNjAyOTcxMjk4NDE3OWUlMjUyQjEzMVMyLjA4Mjk2NzU1ODM1NDAyMDJlJTI1MkIxMjlDNC4yNTYyNDI3MjY2MDQwOThlJTI1MkI1N0M2LjAyMzM3MzU2OTI5MDIyOGUlMjUyQjI4NUMxLjkwMTg2ODU3MDQwMzY3OTdlJTI1MkIxNjJDM0MwQzIuMDgyOTY3NTU4MzU0MDIwMmUlMjUyQjEyOUM1LjI3NzY1MDQwOTcxNDg2NGUlMjUyQjEzM0MxLjcwNjcwMjg2ODgxMzI2NDRlJTI1MkIxMzJTMy44OTk3MjIwMTg2NDE4OWUlMjUyQjEyOUM0LjI2MTQxNjgwOTcyMDk5NWUlMjUyQjU3QzQuNDI3NDYxMjM3NTIwODg1ZSUyNTJCMzA0QzguOTA3Mjk5OTk5OTk5OTg4ZSUyNTJCMjE0QzguNzg5OTUyMjM0MzE2Mjg1ZSUyNTJCMjA2QzBDMy44OTk3MjIwMTg2NDE4OWUlMjUyQjEyOUMxLjMwMDI0MjUxMzUzODkwOTFlJTI1MkIyNThDMy43NzQ0MzkwMzY3OTIzMTA0ZSUyNTJCMTMyU1AxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMtMjQwQzBTMUMxQzIzOUMwUzFDMUMzMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMxQzFDMkMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMjE2MzNDMFMwQzBDMkMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwQzc3OFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMTZDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMTAyOC4wMDE1NjU1NTc3M0MwUzFDMUMxMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMjg0NzJDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMxMzJDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMxMDQwMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzJDMTQ0NkMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUNJbmZpbml0eUMwUzFDSW5maW5pdHlDSW5maW5pdHlDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQ0luZmluaXR5QzBTMUM3LjI1MDM0Njg5ODA2MzM3OGUlMjUyQjMwNkNJbmZpbml0eUMwQ0luZmluaXR5UzFDMUNJbmZpbml0eUMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMxMDY2NUMwUzFDMUM0NEMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDLTFDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzIyODMxQzExNDE1Mi41QzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDNUMwUzFDMUMxMjdDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzkyMDNTMEMwQ0luZmluaXR5QzBDODA2UzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDSW5maW5pdHlDMFMxQzIyOEMwQzBDNDVTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzMzOTk0QzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMTAxQzBDMjI1NFMxQzFDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzE1OUMwQy0yMjU1UzFDMUMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxMDI5QzBDMFMxQzEzNEMwQzBTMUMxQ0luZmluaXR5QzBDSW5maW5pdHlDNi4zMzEwMjM5NTc0NjczNjdlJTI1MkIxMzJDSW5maW5pdHlTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMS43MTI4OTQ0NTQ2Njc0NzI2ZSUyNTJCMzAyQzBTMUMxQzEyQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDNTUwMzEwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzZlJTI1MkI1MUMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzIuNDMzMTUzMjk1MDI5MjYzNWUlMjUyQjgwQzZTMUMxQzIzMjFDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUM4MC41ODY0MzAzODkzMzQ5MUMwUzFDMUM4NzcuMDc1NjE4MjEyMDUzQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzIuNDMzMTUzMjk1MDI5MjYzNWUlMjUyQjgwQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUM0LjkyMDI2MDc4NDIwOTc0MWUlMjUyQjYxQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMzMEMyOUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMjA1OEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQy0xQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMUMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzY4MUMwUzFDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMTM3MkMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUNJbmZpbml0eUMwQ0luZmluaXR5Q0luZmluaXR5QzEuMzg4ODExNjk5MDM5ODE1OGUlMjUyQjMwMFMxQzFDMEMwQ0luZmluaXR5Q0luZmluaXR5QzEuNzk3NjkzMTM0ODYyMzE1N2UlMjUyQjMwOENJbmZpbml0eUMxQzFTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMyMjUzQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMzQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDODFDMFMxQzVDMEMwUzFDMUM4QzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzFDMUM3NkMwUzFDMUMxQzBTMUMxQzQ0ODQxQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMTBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzFDMFMxQzFDMS41NTk4NTY4MTg3NTkxMDEyZSUyNTJCNDBDMFMxQzFDMi40MzMxNTMyOTUwMjkyNjMyZSUyNTJCNDRDMFMxQzFDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzFDMUMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMxQzFDMEMwQzEwQzM4OEMxNDdDMzE3QzE0MkMzMUMzMDZDMjI2QzIyN0MyODNDMTg2UzBDMEMwQzBTMUMxQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTMEMwQzBDMFMwQzBDMEMwUzBDMEMwQzBTUDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAxMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTEwMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMDExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTExMTAxMTExMTExMDAwMTAwMDAwMTExMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwUFAwMDcwNzc3MDA3NzA3NzAwNzAwMDc3NzAwMDcwNzAwMDc3NzAwMDcwMDc3MDcwNzcwMDAwNzAwMDAwMDA3NzcwMDAwMDcxMDA3MDcwNzAwMDcwNzA3MDAwNzAwNzc3MDcwMDc3MDA3MDcwNzAwMDcwNzAwMDAwNzA3MDcwNzA3MDc3MDA3MDAwNzA3NzAwMDAwNzc3NzcwNzc3MDc3MDcwMDcwNzAwNzEwMDA3NzcwMDA3NzcwMDAwMDcxMDAwMDA3MTAwMDc3NzA3MDAwMDA3MDc3NzA3MDAwMDAwNzA3MTA3MDc3MTcxMDAwNzAxNzEwNzcxMDAwNzAwMDA3MDAwNzA3MDAwMDAwMDAwNzA3MDAwMDAwMDAwMTAwMDEwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMTAwMDA3MDAwMTAwMDAwMDAwMDcwNzAwMDAwNzA3MDcwMDAwMDAwMDA3MDAwMDA3MDAwMDAwMDcwMDA3MDAwMDA3MDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAxMTAwMDcwMDAwMDAwNzAwMDAwMTEwMDAwNzA3MDcwNzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDcwNzAwMDcwNzAwMDcwMDAwMDAwNzA3MDcwMDAwMDAwMDAxMDAwNzAwMDAwNzAwMDcwMDAwMTAwNzAwMDAwMTAwMDAwMDAwMDcwNzAwMDAwMDEwMDAwMDE3MDcwMDAwNzAwMDA3MDAwMDAwMDAwMDAxMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDEwMDAwMDAwMTAxMDAwMDAwMDAwMDA3MDcwNzAxMDAwMDAwMDcwMDAwNzcwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDEwMDAwMDAwNzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAxMDAwMDAwNzA3MDcwNzAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwNzA3MDcwNzAxMDcwNzA3MTcwNzAwMDEwMDE3MDAwNzA3MDcwNzAwMDcwMDAwMDAwMDA3MDcwMDAwMDcwNzAwMDAwMDA3MDAwNzAwMDAwNzA3MDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMDBQUA==
(It'll m*stard when you buy one of the ceilings.)

ETA: WTC? I left it for a while after I bought one ceiling, and it self-dem*starded. Crisis averted, I guess. Image

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:43 am UTC

Link wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Cuegandix, thank you! I couldn't think of the non-heretical name. Too much Time in the basement.

Well, I guess I could get a netbook and use it as is on this trip, and then install Linux later. Right?
Yep. :) You can also set up a dual boot, where you can choose between Windows and Linux when booting.

lmjb1964 wrote:I am an expert with the <computery stuff>[/sarcasm], and I've been wanting to check out this Linux stuff, but it's a bit foreign to me. And is there a certain kind of netbook I need to get? Can I use this tablet that I have, or can I not do it because it has Windows and will try to bite me if install another OS?
Tablets can be a bit tricky; it really depends on the model. Historically, Linux on leopardless devices has been pretty tricky, and most distributions aren't really optimised for that yet. There are indeed some tricks Microsoft tends to employ to prevent people from installing other OSes on mobile devices, and I'm not exactly sure how to get around that. Most netbooks should work fine, but I'd recommend one with a CD drive. AFAIK Chromebooks are a bit tricky to get a proper Linux installation on. The closer to a classic laptop, the better, in terms of molpishness of installation.

There isn't really any need for a CD drive, given that it's just as easy (and maybe quicker) to make a bootable USB memory stick, which can be used to trying out Linux and then install it.
The tricky part (for me) was forcing it into the safe graphics mode so it would actually display anything properly. Well, the tricky part wasn't doing that, but discovering that it was what I had to do.

Edit: ninja'd on that first part, that's what I get for blindposting.
Edit: how do I use Linux instead of Android on my Samsung tablet? (I guess the answer is that I can't if I want to access all the stuff I've purchased through the Google Play store)
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

MOBILE:>^{1}.
  At last the day came when their work was completed. The Royal Game Preserve was the centrepiece of the grandest part of the royal palace complex, which strangely resembled a palace not so much as an IKEA

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:02 am UTC

A prescient question by Caswallon far back in the pastpages, IKEA-related:
(the spoilered conversation before the quote is interesting, too)

Caswallon, NP348 wrote:
Spoiler:
Asthanius wrote:
histrion wrote:
Asthanius wrote:
enumerated powers wrote:Someone asked a few frames ago what was Cueball building on the right end of the platform, and now he's making it taller...

I speculate it is a 'barrier' to the sea like the little one Megan built at the shoreline, in case the level rises that high.

That really doesn't work well unless their world is really two-dimensional, but we've seen these characters seem to be unclear on how stuff works.

I don't think you understand: The water will never rise that high. Look at Megan. She's rebuilding the sandcastle, isn't she? Now, they both know that the water is rising, but they don't know how far it will rise. If Megan was unsure of whether or not the water will overtake the sandcastle, why would she waste time rebuilding it?

Because Megan is continuing to build, she is confident that the water will not destroy the sandcastle.

At least, this is my theory.
Because nobody's ever confident and wrong at the same time. :wink:

But think about it. Megan admitted that she doesn't know how the sea works. If she doesn't know how it works but continues to build, she must know something about the sea, possibly how high it can rise.
What I am more worried about, is if the IKEA/Hardware Store/Lumberyard/Really well stocked corner market located to the left of the frame has flood insurance?

Hopefully it did, and it was insured by the Beanies or some other organization that didn't itself get Zanclean'd.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Link

Postby Link » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:54 am UTC

Eternal Density wrote:There isn't really any need for a CD drive, given that it's just as easy (and maybe quicker) to make a bootable USB memory stick, which can be used to trying out Linux and then install it.
Last Time I checked (probably over a yip ago; I don't recall, exactly), making a bootable Linux USB stick usually required some extra steps, making it somewhat less molpish for a beginner -- though I suppose things could've gotten more streamlined since then.

Eternal Density wrote:Edit: how do I use Linux instead of Android on my Samsung tablet? (I guess the answer is that I can't if I want to access all the stuff I've purchased through the Google Play store)

If Google Play Store applies DRM (which I imagine it does), then yeah, you'll lose those things. If not, you may be able to dig around to find the original files so you can make a backup. You should be able to run most Android apps in an emulator on Linux. Or do as I did (on my phone) and install Linux in a chroot on Android. :)

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:46 am UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:ETA: Move along, nothing to see here.
Spoiler:

lmjbotsmall.jpg (4.15 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
I guess there must be a way not to have this here, right? But I can't delete them out of my post, or they won't exist to be in my sig. Ch*rp

See, I knew someone would look here, even though I said "Nothing to see here." :mrgreen:

Now I'm confused. I'm sure I have seen these images in your signature many Times. And now this is the redundant spoiler which holds them? They were loaded from the future (which is now our presentpast) all the Time? :shock: Baobabs – that's Time travel!
Spoiler:
Just a hint: If you change your signature to point to download/file.php?id=49744&mode=view rather than to download/file.php?id=49744&t=1 the text will be a little more seaish and probably better readable. (And probably that's what you had in mind anyway. ;))

Well, yes and no. The titles before were in a box that with a white background, and it always bothered me. Not that this one exactly matches the background, but it's better. And I wanted to make the text, well, the image with with text, a little longer, and make the picture of lmjbot a little smaller so everything would look more molpish, but I'm not sure it made much of a difference. I tried what you suggested and it did make the text image bigger, but it always cuts off on the right side if it gets too big. I would like the text box to extend all the way to the right side of the frame so that the edge lines up with the edge of the lmjbot picture, but it doesn't seem to be possible. :(

Sciscitor wrote:
ucim wrote:Wowtrees! That's actually really literally "installed on a table".

Jose
I stand corrected... would not recommend this table for Junebug though. It seems to be a bit too computery.

Noooo, I want that table. It has pretty lights. Shiny!

Eternal Density wrote:There isn't really any need for a CD drive, given that it's just as easy (and maybe quicker) to make a bootable USB memory stick, which can be used to trying out Linux and then install it.

Well, what I really wanted a CD drive for was so that I could burn CDs to use for bellydance performances. That's still the format requested for most shows.

Thanks for the <computery stuff> advice, everymolpy!
Spoiler:
I went to Best Buy and let myself get talked into a open-box MacBook Pro, which was really a good deal for a MacBook Pro but is a lot more than I planned to spend. After looking at my accounts, I may be taking it back and getting something cheaper. The thing is, I don't really know how much RAM I need, or how fast a CPU I need, or how big a hard drive I need. I don't play games, don't do a lot of graphics (tho I might do some more manips if everything didn't take an hour to do.) So the Macbook has great specs, but maybe I don't need all that. Maybe I'd be ok with the much cheaper HP with 2 GB memory and a 32 GB hard drive. But then, a couple of my MFFSes require me to spend a lot of time on the computer, so maybe I need it.

It's really nice having an active blitzer! Love hearing the blasts from the past. Go, username5243!

And now I must coma. So many things to do before I get on the traincastle in two dips! :shock: Aaaaaaaaaaa!

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

EE:EE:EE! LOOK AT THE THE SIZE OF THAT VOLDEFRAME!

Postby mrob27 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:51 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Well, yes and no. The titles before were in a box that with a white background, and it always bothered me. Not that this one exactly matches the background, but it's better

You could use this one I just rezzed up for you…

It's transparent, so the background will always match :D the kerning is a bit different, but the pixel dimensions are the same (567×54)
  As a bonus for OTThers, I researched the origins of each of the titles:
  • Transcendental Imaginator of the Western Paradox Church: @edo, OTT:290:32 (after @Flado, OTT:290:12)
  • Knight of the Woeful Maintenance: @lmjb1964, in signature on or before NP363 and referencing this
  • Wearer of the Motley of Awesomeness: no specific origin, but perhaps @lmjb1964, OTT:858:0
  • Occasional purveyor of butter by order of the Archdeacon of Buttermongery: @mrob27, OTT:1870:14 (after @Angelastic, OTT:489:13)
  • Chief of Technology and All Sciency-Thingies: @mrob27, OTT:2114:11

— mrob27 Image

IK BEN MAKELAAR IN
SEMENCOFFEECANCERSTARSANDBACONBABIESONICE,
EN WOON OP DE BICYCLEGRACHT, N° 27

ETA: I just noticed this Newpage number is all-Fibonacci (page number 2358 is made up of the Fibonacci numbers 2, 3, 5, 8 in that order). That's pretty molpish!

(More edits for lmjbtitle research)

For decree: I want my car to NOT have an operating system.

Here be redundancy:

Spoiler:
NP2358 lmjbsig-trans.png
Transparent titles image for @lmjb1964
NP2358 lmjbsig-trans.png (6.67 KiB) Viewed 11722 times
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:00 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Maybe I'd be ok with the much cheaper HP with 2 GB memory and a 32 GB hard drive.

No. Just no. 32 GB hard drive? No. Shouldts thou disaver, I wilst cry, "That which was, no longer is."

Less is more? No. More is more.

ETA: Duh.

ETA after thinking some more. Thirty-one years ago, when I was writing 6510 machine language on the Commodore 64, I bought a 180Kb floppy disk thinking that it would be more than adequate to store everything I could possibly wish to store.

AND. My current computer has 1.8 terabytes built in, and 10.8 terabytes of USB storage, but my phone has 8GB and my tablet has 16GB. Let he who is rolling in storage not be the one to cast the first... [insert really witty object here.]

ETA some more: Are we still on the "Make your own edict" page? OK; EDICT: How much storage is enough? Lots and lots, or just ample? Or could you get by with only sufficient?
Purrr.
MistyCat wrote:Ch*rpedy ch*rp the ch*rpng ch*rp.

Waiting for Lucky

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:07 pm UTC

MistyCat wrote:How much storage is enough? Lots and lots, or just ample? Or could you get by with only sufficient?
In a desktop, you can get by with sufficient (depending on what you plan on doing), and add more later. Plan ahead (by ensuring that the memory you do have occupies the fewest number of slots, leaving you free to install more (ask about other conditions too; sometimes there are other restrictions). But if you have a laptop, you're probably never going to be able to upgrade anything, so load it from the getgo.

Note also that in the future, the memory you need may no longer be available. TAs are getting to be disposable. Sad but true.

In the end, memory is cheap enough that it's probably not worth your time to figure it out - just load it up. Software will grow without your influence.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

MistyCat

Postby MistyCat » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:34 pm UTC

Spoiler:
ucim wrote:
MistyCat wrote:How much storage is enough? Lots and lots, or just ample? Or could you get by with only sufficient?
In a desktop, you can get by with sufficient (depending on what you plan on doing), and add more later. Plan ahead (by ensuring that the memory you do have occupies the fewest number of slots, leaving you free to install more (ask about other conditions too; sometimes there are other restrictions). But if you have a laptop, you're probably never going to be able to upgrade anything, so load it from the getgo.

Note also that in the future, the memory you need may no longer be available. TAs are getting to be disposable. Sad but true.

In the end, memory is cheap enough that it's probably not worth your time to figure it out - just load it up. Software will grow without your influence.

Jose

I was talking hard drive (or equivalent) rather than RAM (I have 8GB of ram, which for me is sufficient.)
I'm a strong believer in storing data on removable drives (or online) rather than on the computer's hard drive.
I also strongly agree with the point you make about RAM. Start off with lots, in the largest modules available. (As you say, fewer slots.)
I remember adding 2 meg of RAM to a 286, doubling its capacity. This is the future.
Thinks. It might have been a video card. Whatever. My own personal RAM tends to fail.
Purrr.

Waiting for Lucky

HES

No spellcheck, I do not mean "presbyterial"

Postby HES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:44 pm UTC

I wonder how long until we have terabytes of RAM, and petabytes of storage.
He/Him/His Image

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:14 pm UTC

ucim wrote:

Jose

Correct me if I am wrong, but modern CPUs use multiple memory stick groups in parallel (memory channels). This doubles the effective speed. Usually there are 2 and each memory channel has a different color.
Ergo: getting the required amount of memory on only one stick makes this parallel usage impossible, since you can only stick memory on 1 channel, effectively halving your memory speed. Always get at least 2 sticks and stick them in differently colored slots.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

jozwa

Postby jozwa » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:19 pm UTC

I see this thread is still going strong. I guess it hasn't had anything to do with the comic for a long time. And I'm probably not the first one to say that. :P

HES

Postby HES » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:05 pm UTC

That depends how you define "anything to do with"...
He/Him/His Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:08 pm UTC

Welcome back jozwa! Actually, the thread still does have a lot to do with the comic (although there is, as before, a lot of other side discussion, since everything is RELATED). There is Time artwork, sequels, Time-related stories, several movies, many songs (some completely original, some with ottified lyrics), and many other things related to the comic. Check out the wiki as a guide and shortcut, and stick around, and poke around the Pastpages. Molpish to see you!

Neil_Boekend wrote:Correct me if I am wrong, but modern CPUs use multiple memory stick groups in parallel (memory channels).
Yes, this is one of the complications. In a laptop, you'll often only have two slots, and upgrading will mean tossing out perfectly good memory. Ditto the hard drive; no room. So in a laptop, load it up like it's your last chance.

A desktop may have four slots, so you can fill half of them with the biggest chips you can, and that should be enough but also give you room to expand. Depending on what you do with the machine, that should be fine until the OS is upgraded, by which point you'll need an order of magnitude more. :)

Jose

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:40 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 pm UTC

Obligatory OTTercomic:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
Title text: "Well, there isn't in Beanish."

OTTercomic1562.png
OTTercomic1562.png (24.81 KiB) Viewed 11510 times

Keywords: BGUM OTTercomic OTThercomic time word spelling i eye team correction
redundant277.png
redundant277.png (136.05 KiB) Viewed 11510 times

When searching for manippable material, I came across an epsilon thing.
http://xkcd.com/yes/
http://xkcd.com/no/
Apparently GLR used these back in 2008.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:08 pm UTC

Alternate title text: There's also a "me" and "Tim"

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:11 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

It's all mute0 anyway, as there is an "i" in "TEAM"-1.

I can't hear youIt's a joke, not bag grammer0
i-squaredJust google it, I don't do attachments. I know there's a trick to making them work, but I'd have to dig around to find it, then I'd have to make a redundakitty for it also, and there's only so many hours in the day...
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: EE:EE:EE! LOOK AT THE THE SIZE OF THAT VOLDEFRAME!

Postby lmjb1964 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:26 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:You could use this one I just rezzed up for you…

It's transparent, so the background will always match :D the kerning is a bit different, but the pixel dimensions are the same (567×54)
  As a bonus for OTThers, I researched the origins of each of the titles:
  • Transcendental Imaginator of the Western Paradox Church: @edo, OTT:290:32 (after @Flado, OTT:290:12)
  • Knight of the Woeful Maintenance: @lmjb1964, in signature on or before NP363 and referencing this
  • Wearer of the Motley of Awesomeness: no specific origin, but perhaps @lmjb1964, OTT:858:0
  • Occasional purveyor of butter by order of the Archdeacon of Buttermongery: @mrob27, OTT:1870:14 (after @Angelastic, OTT:489:13)
  • Chief of Technology and All Sciency-Thingies: @mrob27, OTT:2114:11

Wow. mrob, thank you so much. Transparent background, of course. Why didn't I think of that? :D And thanks for the title research, that was fun to revisit. :)

HES wrote:I wonder how long until we have terabytes of RAM, and petabytes of storage.

How exactly does one petabyte?

Febrion, glad I'm not the only who says "It's a mute point," to the confusion of those around me. Well, not everyone is confused, since I think some people think that's really what it is. :roll:

Enjoyed the OTTercomic, and the alt-text. :D

MistyCat wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Maybe I'd be ok with the much cheaper HP with 2 GB memory and a 32 GB hard drive.

No. Just no. 32 GB hard drive? No. Shouldts thou disaver, I wilst cry, "That which was, no longer is."

Less is more? No. More is more.

:D Thanks, MistyCat, ucim and Neil, for the continued computer discussion. I'm learning a lot.

For instance, I've learned that it's a good thing the carcastle I got recently doesn't have Bluetooth. :shock:
Last edited by lmjb1964 on Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:29 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:35 pm UTC

I sense puns up above...
VITSSÅGEN, JA!

Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:02 pm UTC

Mathematically, Febrion wrote:It's all mute0 anyway, as there is an "i" in "TEAM".

I found it on the Moon, and coloured it a beautiful orange:

Redundant:
Spoiler:

BTW if I write down the the English pronunciation of “team”i in German, it reads „Tiem“ which (a) is an anagram for “Time” (and thus RELATED), and (b) clearly contains an “i”.

sqrt (–1): Did you know that “team” is an acronym? It stands for the German phrase „Toll, ein anderer macht's!“ (= “Great, someone else is doing it!”).

bftf-team.png
bftf-team.png (9.39 KiB) Viewed 11427 times
redundant-team.png
redundant-team.png (10.04 KiB) Viewed 11427 times

ETA: Hi, yappo! Image
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

balthasar_s

Re: Yay chocolate!

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:44 pm UTC

I'm back.

Ketchup tomorrow.

BlitzGirl wrote:Unfortunately the original image has ceased to exist. Good thing it's saved on the OTW.

And on the mirror
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

MistyCat

"I" in "Team"

Postby MistyCat » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:34 pm UTC

When there's an "I" in "Team" you'll usually find it in the A-Hole
Redundant
Spoiler:
I in TEAM.jpg
I in TEAM.jpg (5.78 KiB) Viewed 11300 times
Purrr.

Waiting for Lucky

BlitzGirl

Re: Yay chocolate!

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:28 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:Unfortunately the original image has ceased to exist. Good thing it's saved on the OTW.

And on the mirror

Of course! Why do I always forget the mirror?
It probably offers the least-interrupted blitzing experience at this point, considering the images that have likely been lost back in the pastpages.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ucim

Postby ucim » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:33 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:Of course! Why do I always forget the mirror?
I won't say it because I've said it before. But I don't remember where. :)

Jose

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:52 am UTC

Maybe I should reblitz the OTT.

...or maybe I should see if the current blitzers survive the journey first.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:20 am UTC

What do you mean by survive? The blitzer who finishes their quest is no longer the same as who started.

Neil_Boekend

Re: EE:EE:EE! LOOK AT THE THE SIZE OF THAT VOLDEFRAME!

Postby Neil_Boekend » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:10 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:For instance, I've learned that it's a good thing the carcastle I got recently doesn't have Bluetooth. :shock:

Why? Bluetooth connection on the car stereo rocks. The car stereo just shouldn't be connected to the car-controlling-computer.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:15 am UTC

slinches wrote:What do you mean by survive? The blitzer who finishes their quest is no longer the same as who started.

I suppose travelling through Time changes us all.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

HES

Postby HES » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:57 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I suppose travelling through Time changes us all.

Time kills us all.
He/Him/His Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”