1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:51 pm UTC

Yay! Can't say it looks much like "Stop" in either Hebrew (להפסיק) or Arabic (توقف). The one at the top of this image sorta kinda looks like it (the one that also says ARRET), but I can't find what language it is. : (

Redundant:
Spoiler:
stock-vector-realistic-stop-sign-collection-from-different-countries-vector-71013649.jpg

ETA "

And I'm pope.

Decree:
Continue analyzing/theorizing/guessing/researching!
In my pants!
That's still my favorite decree. Always cracks me up.
Crack, get it? Like, plumber's crack?

At this point I've lost track of how many edits this is.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Yay! Can't say it looks much like "Stop" in either Hebrew (להפסיק) or Arabic (توقف). The one at the top of this image sorta kinda looks like it (the one that also says ARRET), but I can't find what language it is. : (

My google-fu tells me it's Cree.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:10 pm UTC

Your google-fu beats my google-fu.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:35 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Preview edit: Wow, mscha, how did you spot that molpy? Even watching closely, I had a hard time seeing it. That's why you're the Molpy Hunter. I really need to work on that story....

Well, to be honest, I didn't spot the molpy in the animation either. I found it when browsing, full-screen, through my locally downloaded copies of the frames.

lmjb1964 wrote:
mikrit wrote:I have spent some time in retroketchup to find the start of the currentONGs, happened to find a link to yappobiscuit's Basementee Rapsody :applause:, and then I found The Start. And I know something about the day it started: it was New Year's Eve of Anno Mundi 5776, in the Jewish calendar.
According to Wikipedia: "AM 5776 began at sunset on 13 September 2015 and will end at sunset on 2 October 2016."

I am not sure of the significance. It might make more sense to start a new story on a New Year's Day instead. So maybe it's just a coincidence. The date on the sign is probably not in the Jewish calendar, since there were few skyscrapers in Spain in AM 2983, and since it written with Arabic numerals.
[url][/url]
Well, Happy New Year and ONG, anyway. I predict that Th* *nd will come on 2 October 2016.

Since Jewish holidays generally (always?) start at sunset, it would definitely make sense to start on New Year's Eve, as it were. That can't be a coincidence, can it? But what does it mean?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The start time might have more to do with newpixbot finally having some Time to teach itself to post this story, than the mystery author providing the story...

I think the only thing the stop sign has taught us, is that the word “stop” does not appear on the demolition notice.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0149

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:30 am UTC

SPARRONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

LicgKyMcJR0VSTwyPzQfPTIoNigbNSsjHBcTGRMNRDYpEg4KFisrQjIcIzEzAhkaBhAOCwsIAgcYAxkkTkE2AgkiUj0nXE5BNhsUQy4jLyAPJBgOQS4ZX1BEVUc6OyQLTBgRWSMbSRMNV0IsNBUMByAfBCkpGDAyBTAvBjQzUjsvVhMNZ05CWgkGawAAahIOZ1dJdAAAayskazwzaxoVck9DakY7ayMddTkwazQseGVWb15QcF9Rg29gCEE-gm5dbEY1h1NGCUNBinVkcV5OkXtpdGBOhHBfl4FuggMChUM4ghYRhDkwgyUfhDMqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0150

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:30 am UTC

TATTLONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

QzEcPC0cKyMcLicgJR0VHBcSNSsjGRMNPTIpNSgbQS4ZFissFQ0QCwoIEw4JAgcZPCQLSTwyTkE2CyAcIzEzAhkaRDYqXE1BAxkkNRcaSCUrAgsiKgkUIxgOOxUjVUc7URMNTycwDTAwBCkpBjQyZ1ZJX1BEb15QcV9QknxpeGVWmYJvWEIrinVkUjwoCUNBhHBfSBcraxIOUiMybgAAbjszaU1CbRkVbislbSMdbjMsbEY8NQkbcQAAcVtNJwwNVyIacBgTcTQtb0Y7cE1Dgm5ddWFPcCMePAwiSAsoTBkyUgwxggwKUxcyURQuUgwuhUI4hDAohlJFg29gAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:33 am UTC

:shock: What is that???
[prediction]It's the eraser end of a Zanclean pencil1.[/prediction]
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:47 am UTC

What the chirping basement is that thing!?

And where does that upper rope go?

Strange things are afoot in ONGville.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:20 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:I like the idea of a Sumo Beanie, but it seems even less likely that Sumo Beanie would want to climb up a ladder and hurl himself up into a hammock, or even be able to do so. But maybe there's a special Sumo Beanie ladder lying on the ground that we can't see, and it's taller and sturdier.
Maybe there is a winch in the tree?

Rosewinsall wrote:Aloha
Hallo!
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0151

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:30 am UTC

SONGWRITERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

HBcSGhMNEwwJJRwVKyMcLicgNSsjCQcGPTIpNSgcSTwyAhgaFSssAgYYIxgOIjAyTkE2ARAPKQcXXE1BRDYrOxUkIgcNAgkhHQUSTSMyAxgkVUc7BCkpCzAwBTQyNRUbX1BEZ1dJAiAfVTU3b15Qd2VWkXtpaU1CinVkOSkYcF9Ql4BthHBfVUEsQzEfgW5dCkZEdWFPUjwpTg8RbgEAbxURSiMsbiokbEY7byIdbjszOA4Nby8obhoVcQAAZVE-QS4dcDs0cUxDVyQccUQ7cVpNOgojMwgdSAspUA0wSRcsTBoxUxoyVCU0UhguUiIuggsIUQsthDYth1dJhUc7.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:52 am UTC

Animation of the seismograph:

Looks like the earthquake is just scrolling off when we first get a good look.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0152

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

GONGPLANKS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

CAYFEgwJHRcSJRwVNisiKyMcLicgGhMNPTIpNCgcNigWAhkZDiMeSDwyAgcYNRQbFSssQzYrPBUkHQQSQjEfKAcXJDEyIxgOAwsiCzAwTUE2NAkcUzk3XE1BOgoiBjQzVUc7X1BEAxgjBCkpVkEsZ1dJd2VWb15QCUJAhHBfj3poinVkgm5dTSMycF9QdGBPcVpNSiMtZ05CUhELbgEAbiMcbkU7biokbhYSRRYZNwgNbjwzbRkVVSUVcDMsUTwqQS0dcU1DcQAAIwYNcEQ7SAspShYsTQ0wRQQaTRoxVCQ0UxoyUhctUw4xUgssUiIugx4Yh1ZJhkQ5loBtAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:36 pm UTC

Some kind of pink tanker truck?

Updated animation (42 frames now) of the current ENHANCEd scene:
Spoiler:
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

lmjb1964

RAPTORCATS AND OTHERCOMICS AND DOOM BANANAS, OH MY!

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:42 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
mikrit wrote:And I know something about the day it started: it was New Year's Eve of Anno Mundi 5776, in the Jewish calendar.
According to Wikipedia: "AM 5776 began at sunset on 13 September 2015 and will end at sunset on 2 October 2016."

I am not sure of the significance. It might make more sense to start a new story on a New Year's Day instead. So maybe it's just a coincidence. The date on the sign is probably not in the Jewish calendar, since there were few skyscrapers in Spain in AM 2983, and since it written with Arabic numerals.
[url][/url]
Well, Happy New Year and ONG, anyway. I predict that Th* *nd will come on 2 October 2016.

Since Jewish holidays generally (always?) start at sunset, it would definitely make sense to start on New Year's Eve, as it were. That can't be a coincidence, can it? But what does it mean?

I wouldn't read too much into it. The start time might have more to do with newpixbot finally having some Time to teach itself to post this story, than the mystery author providing the story...

I think the only thing the stop sign has taught us, is that the word “stop” does not appear on the demolition notice.

Ah, I see. Or maybe newpixbot is Jewish and wanted to celebrate the New Year with an ONG! Although, the xe wouldn't have been able to post any ONGs after sunset, since that would probably be considered working. Well, anyway, Mazel tov!

mscha wrote:Animation of the seismograph:

Looks like the earthquake is just scrolling off when we first get a good look.

But there's a lot more happening at the end as the Beanie heads off to the right.

So, it looks like we're heading into the fenced-off area. Am I mistaken, or do we see our little-pliers-mustard-garbage can friend in the last frame, right above the purple thing at the very edge of the frame?

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:12 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Am I mistaken, or do we see our little-pliers-mustard-garbage can friend in the last frame, right above the purple thing at the very edge of the frame?
Dunno, but I do see it in the (seventh?) frame showing the fence. It zips by going (seemingly) to the right. (Well, it was on the left before, and if you are seeing it by the pink truck, it's going right).

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

balthasar_s

BTTBAA(22) = 847

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:15 pm UTC

Random thoughts and notes from the blitz (#22) of newpages 822÷847, illustrated
A short blitzreport after only 25 pages.
I wanted to go back to the blitz, I did, even wrote one report and then t-1 brought me back to the present.

The past posts are getting shorter, again?

Now I understand why charlie_grumbles is missed so much.

Many TLTW chapters!

Random thoughts and notes from the blitz (#22) of newpages 822÷847, illustrated
A lot of Tinytext
Hopefully like a ninja throwing star, because using a hammer that way is awesome.
"Lines"

??? (warning: flashy gif)
It is too late now. this is bigger than you. bigger than me. Bigger than all of us. because it is small.
My brain parsed "Popular lore" as "Lore of the Pope".

kenmelken, I think you're over-thinking what the prize should be; a gazebomolpy seems perfect to me!
Next time I'm pope I'm waging a crusade/war on Martian punctuation standards!

Collatz conjectime

Hmmm. Pope. I decree that you shall all disobey this decree.
Wait Together
My prediction for the future (i.e. random image manip)

I sent Fluffy out to keep watch over our travelers and keep them safe.
[Edit from the future to remove dead smileys. Rest in peace, smileys.]
From this point forward, there will be more frames of Time than yearsH in the Outsider Common Era.

I predict the members now visible will be the last to disappear from the OTT.
BlitzGirl, charlie_grumbles, mscha, yappobiscuits

In our universe, we might use hairpin turns, but that's tricky if you have to walk through 2-and-a-bit-D frames.
I've been here since almost the beginning of Time, and I'll be here even after the end of Time.

Quiet Time turns OTTers crazy.

The boulder isn't the only problem...

The Last Time Waiter, revised chapter 2: Ambush; dedicated to the Forever Perfect Milliner, buffygirl.
rather different visualization of user activity on the OTT
you need to write yourself into your story so we can cause tragic consequences to happen to you.
I'm pretty sure the closest genetic relatives to elephants are other elephants.
I like Cueball. He is so anti-genius and average, he could be me

HEY CUEGAN, TAKE OFF YOUR BAGS! It will help you.

IT SEEMS WE'VE REACHED OUR JOURNEY'S END.
I dongt think so

The era of Megan and Pokeymolp will soon begin. She will capture it and then pit it against other wild molpies she encounters on her new adventure.

What's this about melon collies?

Where have all the molpies gone
We'll wait with you

Collatz Time 1752
prediction!

Seventy-Six Song Filks

molpified versions of common characters

two most important things in mathematics
And later, some interesting discussion.
Let me just say, so long as thought provoking things like this continue to be shared here, I shall be here 'til the End.

The Last Time Waiter's epiprologue, "An Origin Story"
Now that you mention it, the molpy does look rather like an ellipsoid.
"Time" Literary Analytical Interlude

I think the biggest clue is La Petite. Chekov's gun will be fired, at the right time.

The Last Time Waiter, Chapter 3: Halcyon Days, Part 1
the rest of The Last Time Waiter's Chapter 3
TLTW master copy: file not found
The Last Time Waiter, Chapter 4: The Engineer
who maintains the self-maintenance systems?

Hats for akacat and taixzo

np836: N_B is dead.

Prickly!
Hmmm. So clocks and all the rest were invented to help humans better adhere to the laws imposed by dogs?

OTC drinking game

The above may also be the Recordist here asking us to make backups and have a contingency plan. - 13.06.2013

Again, I'm pretty sure the papacy has been disbanded at least twice, whoever's the next pope should disband it again. This time disband it in the head, it appears to be a zombie.

English is regular enough to make generalizations. The problem is, they all contradict each other.

The Last Time Waiter: Not Exactly What I Had in Mind, part 1
List of all TLTW so far

PONG
Pricklymolp and Molpypoke

The Last Time Waiter, Chapter 5: Not Exactly What I Had in Mind
The Last Time Waiter, chapter 6: It Lives!, part 1
> This is going to be a very entertaining week.
This will be an unsigned long long chapter.

[url]It's just like how letters of the alphabet don't contain grammar.[/url]

archiveofourown; some of them are OTC-related!

Image Image

Did she bop the plant, or did the plant bop her?

End of blitzreport #22, np847
Redundant:
Spoiler:
bop.png
bop.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 7616 times
trzyma.png
trzyma.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 7616 times
leci.png
leci.png (4.17 KiB) Viewed 7616 times

ETA t-1+0153
THE GATE IS OPEN, THE ROBOT WILL GET OUT AND ESCAPE!
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.

Edited to add link.
the parts of blitzreports that are like this are quotes.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:09 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1138

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

THRONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I WEAR A C**KIE NOW. C**KIES ARE TREEISH.

-- posted by randompixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:31 pm UTC

Yay, a blitzreport! I'll read it as soon as I get some of this Outside m*stard out of the way.

ucim wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:Am I mistaken, or do we see our little-pliers-mustard-garbage can friend in the last frame, right above the purple thing at the very edge of the frame?
Dunno, but I do see it in the (seventh?) frame showing the fence. It zips by going (seemingly) to the right. (Well, it was on the left before, and if you are seeing it by the pink truck, it's going right).

Jose

It's definitely there. Here it is in the most recent frame:

RSIR:
Spoiler:
robot-thing.png
robot-thing.png (65.83 KiB) Viewed 7559 times

redunda-robot.jpg
redunda-robot.jpg (16.81 KiB) Viewed 7559 times

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

slinches
Slinches get Stinches

Postby slinches » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:35 pm UTC

It's peaking around the corner at the van/truck thing. Planning an escape? Or is it scared?

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:43 pm UTC

To me, it looks like it's already out, especially in the frame before. Can't tell for sure, though.

I am so confused. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going on. It's great. :D

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

NoMouse

RETRONINJASPOILER THE RAFTCASTLES... WITH YOUR TIME

Postby NoMouse » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:33 pm UTC

Now with this gate, the weird purple truck and the robot trying to escape the fenced area, I feel this is going to be some kind of dystopian future.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mrob27

I HAS A HARPSICHORD. YOU CAN HAS MY HARPSICHORD.

Postby mrob27 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:44 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:"By order of the Tarifa Board of Construction, this building is scheduled for demolition 27 Oct 2983." or some such. Panning back to see the big bada boom.

lmjb1964 wrote:Seems likely. But I still want to know what the ch*rp that little thing was running around in there.

Remote-controlled robomolpy, carrying sticks of TNT and wire for the demolition.

The one at the top of this image sorta kinda looks like it (the one that also says ARRET), but I can't find what language it is. :(

Yep, @ZoomanSP got it. It says "ᒋᐱᐦᒋ" (cipi"ci) in the "Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics" characters. The stop sign has its own Wikipedia page here.

— mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:16 pm UTC

I was going to say, isn't a Stop sign redundant when it stands in front of a sturdy fence? You would have to stop anyway. (Of course redundancy is molpish.)

But now I see there is a gate. But it is still not the sign I would expect there. Rather "No trespassing", "Authorized personnel only", or "Turning the Mediterranean into a desert wasteland prohibited".

Still, I realize that a red octagon has to mean Stop; it will take more than 11 000 years to change that.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:32 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:Still, I realize that a red octagon has to mean Stop; it will take more than 11 000 years to change that.
And the octagonal stop (one of the 4 signs recognizable by just the shape) is only 93 years old and it wasn't always red.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:46 pm UTC

I'm not sure that's our good friend WALL·PY. The tip of its nose is too red, WALL·PY has an orange, um, ketchup bottle. Also, WALL·PY can't sit still for a timeframe, while this thing hasn't moved since the previous frame.
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
mikrit wrote:Still, I realize that a red octagon has to mean Stop; it will take more than 11 000 years to change that.
And the octagonal stop (one of the 4 signs recognizable by just the shape) is only 93 years old and it wasn't always red.

Fair enough, but now that it is globally recognized, no one should see a reason to try to change it, I hope. Except religion, perhaps. (The Great Prophet says that a red octagon means Full Speed Ahead, praise his wisdom!)
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0154

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

VIEWONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

EwwJGhMMHBcSJRwVKyMcLicgNSsiPTIoQzYrNCgcARAPAhgZSDwyHCcdCAYFFisrLxEgAgcYPzAfJDIzOxQjKAcXAgkiTUE2IxgOXE1BHQQSTSMyAxkkQjEfVUc7X1BEVkEsBCkpCjAvBjQzd2VWYlA-Z1dJb15QNhQbSSQrCUNBinVkAiAfkHpoUzo1gm5dcF9QdWFPaE1CUzosUxAMbgEAbhURbiMccQAAbzMsQiwdOQkMcUU8bEY8UCIXcExCbhkVRBYaIwYNNAkcOgoiSQspcVpNRAQaShcrUA4wTBoxUxoyUgssUhctUiIuVCQ0YhIugyEbhlNGhHBfhUY7.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:15 pm UTC

mscha wrote:I'm not sure that's our good friend WALL·PY. The tip of its nose is too red, WALL·PY has an orange, um, ketchup bottle. Also, WALL·PY can't sit still for a timeframe, while this thing hasn't moved since the previous frame.

I'm not convinced. I stand by my theory, however wrong it may be.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:19 pm UTC

What's Tall Beanie going to do with that bucket? Scoop the incoming Atlantic water out of the Mediterranean basin? That's going to work...
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:26 pm UTC

mscha wrote:What's Tall Beanie going to do with that bucket? Scoop the incoming Atlantic water out of the Mediterranean basin? That's going to work...

I think we're gonna need a bigger bucket.

edited to colloquialize.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ucim

Postby ucim » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 pm UTC

mscha wrote:What's Tall Beanie going to do with that bucket?
Are you sure it's a bucket? It might be a stack of seismo traces or logbooks.

I'm wondering why the pinkcastle rolls on grey wagon-wheel pasta. I'm not sure it would be any better if it were a greycastle rolling on pink wagon-wheel pasta though.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mrob27

SILENTONG IS SERIOUS PUN

Postby mrob27 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:40 pm UTC

mscha wrote:WALL·PY has an orange, um, ketchup bottle.

An orange stick of dynamite, you mean :D

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0155

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:30 am UTC

STOCKONGED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

CAcFEw0JHBcSJRwVLicgKyMcNSsiPTIoRDYrTkE3NSgXARAPFyssHScdHQUSGhMMKAcXOxQkAhkaJjExSTwyAgoiAgYXAxkjSSYqNRQbQjEeOgoiNCgcTSMyNAkcIxgOUzw1AyAfVkItVUc7X1BEW01BBCkpDDAwBjQyZ1dJd2VWb15QZ05CkXtpinVkUjorhHBfc2BPcF9QCURCQyobcFpNgm5dTxERbgEBVyQbbhEObyMcbzApbEc8bRoVZkk2NwoNcTw0cQEAcUxDcRoWIwUNcUU7SAspSRcrTBoxUA4xRQUaUgssUiMuUxoyVCQ0UhctgyEbhUY7hldKAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:45 am UTC

ucim wrote:
mscha wrote:What's Tall Beanie going to do with that bucket?
Are you sure it's a bucket? It might be a stack of seismo traces or logbooks.

If it was a stack of something, he would be holding it at the bottom, but it looks to me like he's holding it by the top edge.

Jose wrote:I'm wondering why the pinkcastle rolls on grey wagon-wheel pasta.

So it can go past-a the gate.
*walks away quickly, innocently whistling*

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mrob27

COULD SHORTY _BE_ ANY MORE DUNEJUMPISH?

Postby mrob27 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:58 am UTC

Speaking of going past-a the gate, that little mol-pyro-bot WALL•PY could have gotten out the whole time: as we can see it's just past the "right" end of the fence and could easily go wherever it wants.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0156

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 am UTC

LONGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

CQgGEw0JGhMNHBcSJRwVKyMcLicgNSsiSTwyVUY7PTIoOSQNARAPRTYqTw4NAhgZFSorTUE3IxgONCgcBiAeKjMzLxsgNBMdW01BAgYZQzEfDTAwBjQyHQUSUj0zKAgXAgoiVkItAxgjBCkpX1BESCknZ1dJb15Qd2VVCkVCZFE-kHpoinZkZE5ChHBfgm5dJAcNOAwLbgEBbhoVcTwzbzEpa0g8bxIONAocbyMdOgsicF9QRSobcRkUORQjcUU6cE1CUi4ecQAASAspUjorTBoxSRcsTSMyUhsyTw4wRQQbcVpMdWFPUhctUyU0UQssUiMthDQrghMPh1hLhUQ5.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0157

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:30 am UTC

CROSSHATCHONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

DxAMGhMNHBcSLichJRwVKyMcPTIoNSsjCwoHNCccRjYpEw0JSTwzAhgZFissTkE3MjQyAgcYLxsgOyMQAxgjHQUSVUY6NBYbW01BJwgXIxgNT0ZAAyAfBCkpTkAtDDAvBjUzZ1dJb15QAgkhX1BEd2VVloBtinZkkHpocF9QCUE-gm5dRS0jZU5BIwgMOQEKNAocOQwhSgsUbgEAbRMRbiMdbjQrbUc7bzMqSAsobRgVORUjUjoqcFtNcAEAcE1BTSkXSBcrTBsxNhgIRSobb0Y6ZBMiUw0qUj4yUhoyTCQyUhcsUiQzdGBPUicoRDEeVkIshHBfgyQdh1FFhUM4.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964

Re: COULD SHORTY _BE_ ANY MORE DUNEJUMPISH?

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:44 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:Speaking of going past-a the gate, that little mol-pyro-bot WALL•PY could have gotten out the whole time: as we can see it's just past the "right" end of the fence and could easily go wherever it wants.

That's what I said up there! *points towards the top of the page* But Some People mscha said they didn't think it was our Wall-py. :)

Are they refilling the ink in the seismograph.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ZoomanSP

Postby ZoomanSP » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0158

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

UNHONGEMENT...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

PCQKNRkJHBcSJRwVKyMcLichPTIpNSsjGhMNFA0JCBAONSgcCgkHFissAhgZSTwzJzIyAxgjLx8gTUE3QyscRjYqHQUSIxgNVUY6OiwbKAgWT0dAAgYYDDAwBSAeBCkpT0AuBjQzAgohW01BX1BEZ1dJb15QY05CUj4ycF9QmIFukHpod2VWinZkhHBfJAkLVkIsCURCNQkbRDEePBUkPAsiQw0mRRcpNhYbTR0wRCwkNAQJUigrTREPbgEAbhIOcQAAbjEocUY7bBoVcT0zcU1BcVlLUScYcSMdcTUsbCQccRoUZ0o8UjssgW1ddWBPY0szgxEOhlVIhDMqhEM4.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”