1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

mrob27

POPING IS A ART

Postby mrob27 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:35 am UTC

slinches wrote:This seems related somehow:
https://www.rt.com/news/319788-moon-space-debris-wtf/

I was really hoping the article would explain why they put the "1190" in the name WT1190F. But no, not even the Wikipedia article, nor the Catalina Sky Survey article, bother to explain it.
  Obviously, we'll need to explain the name ourxelves :D

lmjb1964 wrote:But where did our little robot friend come from? He just sort of appeared.
Spaaaace-Time portal.

AluisioASG wrote:FWIW the area he appeared in is slightly different from its surroundings.

Just what I'd expect to see if I were looking through a Spaaace-Time portal.

ETA:
hujackus wrote:
I can write code to predict the epilogue sequence and not care about if it looks like the real code as long as the results are the same.
or
I can try to figure out the real code which (in its intermediate form) may or may not produce the epilogue sequence exactly.

Write your code in Haskell, and use pure functions for the actual algorithm. Then it won't matter if you take the first option, because for us in the I/O domain, i.e. the real world, we won't be able to tell.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0272

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:30 am UTC

MUSTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

goRxMS8vFBkbFx4iGyIlCw4RJiMcJicoIR8gChUXDhAJHCw2BgcIfoFwTUQ8Ih4cJi40Ch4hVUtEHSEXXmNZGBgDBignZmZba25je4BveH1uOjY0WVlSOzMsTkZBPT5AJ0A+UUc+JERFMy0pZVpSIzM8XFJJRDw2CTYxCDMuQTcuVTwoKSoDLjIFNjYGU0gLNSsPYlZMRDsIEg0JJhsITjQUVkotc10SaVsIbkwZbVIwdVpEYT4Vb2RRHDc8IzxBbmIwcGENHD5AHUFCi1wmlGU4mmQlpmwornIvhmZJhlYet3cswn4uyoMwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:45 am UTC

mikrit wrote:But why is there a top domain called "horse"? Never heard of that before.

ICANN relatively recently released a range of generic TLDs. As applications get approved you'll find even more springing up.
He/Him/His Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:55 am UTC

mikrit wrote:Thanks for the animations, mscha, I hadn't realized that the Beanies used the rope to pull the elevator closer to the wall. Seems like a dangerous practice. (Well, in comparison with trying to repair a gigantic crumbling dam, maybe not so dangerous.)

About the anonymously written web comic at dord.horse, I have found out that it is by Jeph Jacques, author of Questionable Content. There is some background by QC readers on https://www.reddit.com/r/questionableco ... his_a_new/

But why is there a top domain called "horse"? Never heard of that before.

ETA: Today I am in Linköping, which I think means Heather Town. But the computery hotel receipt cannot handle the letter ö, so it spells the name as LinkTMping instead - which has a nice computery feel.

Maybe it means we must ping Link - I haven't seen xem in a while.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:55 am UTC

HES wrote:
mikrit wrote:But why is there a top domain called "horse"? Never heard of that before.

ICANN relatively recently released a range of generic TLDs. As applications get approved you'll find even more springing up.

The list of TLDs is getting more and more ridiculous.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... el_domains
(The only people who benefit from this, are the ones making money from it, i.e. ICANN and the domain registrars.)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0273

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

MANNONGTON...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

GyImIR8gExgaJycoJiMcFx0iCxUWCw4RRllWUV5YCR0hIh4cHSESDhAIBicmBgcIOTU0LDAtKkdJTkZAHi43OzMsTUQ8ND5EM0lMRTw2JDM7CTUwGBcDNk9QLC4xO1JSHTI4IUE-Mi0qMi8wKSoDQjguKDxCNjUGJhsILjIFV0kKRDsIVUtDUUc+UEUKXFJJRzASVD0oNiwVYlZMNCkJV0otEg0IZVpSbVQ1bWNWaVsIaFkWMR0GaEUZVzoVHz1BBzMucGEMdFpDdWpib2IseFUbfFQjiFsjdE0ciF0vhFYemGQmhWRIYT4Xk2QypWworXIyrXEqwn4utncsy4Mw.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ETA by mscha: elevator going up again. And in the ENHANCEd scene, we're zooming in on our little Mikado playing bot friend.

Punkroc

Postby Punkroc » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:16 pm UTC

It is incredible that this thread is still going on. Holy hell. This is amazing.

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:20 pm UTC

astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:59 pm UTC

Punkroc wrote:It is incredible that this thread is still going on. Holy hell. This is amazing.

Welcome, Punkroc, Revealer the Recent! :)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:24 pm UTC

ucim wrote:
ggh wrote:So glad you posted the cello diffusion, mscha! I was hoping you would. It's really pretty - I wonder what software it was done in....
Looks like Steam to me. There were a few OTTers who went off into designing some Time world in there; I don't remember who they were (I don't remember much of anything anymore!); perhaps that's the source.

Ah - I didn't know what Steam actually did - I guess I just assumed it was some gamey place that the kids were meeting online. Interesting. *peeks at site* Wow - some version of Maya for $50 - that's cheap as chips....
Yeah, I almost remember a posted image of a prospective virtual landscape for things Time-ish - lotsa depth... were there trees?... a brief discussion.... Anyways, my OTT search-fu failed me. Sigh.

AluisioASG wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:But where did our little robot friend come from? He just sort of appeared.

FWIW the area he appeared in is slightly different from its surroundings.

Different?

hujackus wrote:Yes, the 13s and 14s flip places so it's not perfect. It just leads me to believe that the hash function uses subtraction for the years and addition for the hours. I mean, everything is highly transposable and translatable; why not expect reflections.

Good point.
Ya know... suddenly this doesn't seem like Randall's algorithm to me anymore - more like an adaptation - his homage to some other process that he finds especially neato, just like how ED designed unlocking glass ceilings. Can we find it?

Hi Punkroc!

Ooh, SBN, I want to have a go in that! (if it still existed.) I'd worry about drowning though. That must feel pretty weird....

For pope, a little acid:
rsir:
Spoiler:
mrob27_hueshift.gif
mrob27_hueshift.gif (604.71 KiB) Viewed 8082 times
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0274

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

TONGUELESS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

ExcZFh0iDBQWDA4RGiElGyEdKScmJiIdCR4hUFtWEA8QLDAuBgcILDMzND5EIR8gDRAGNEhLR1hWHiECCSspFxcDLT1EO1JSLEdKNk9QQzsHLjEENTUFUkgIKCkDJRwJNSgLEQ4HSjQVQi4SMy8wOjUzOjMtRTw1TUQ8TkZBQjguPUA8Mi0qOSoUUUc+VUtDUjsnZlpRXFJJZ1JAYlZMNTQYIh4caVoWaVsHakslZ0kdXEIbVTwYbGJXaFQ5a1IyWEcrcU8hYD4Xck4eNRwEb2IseFEecWINcWEWdmticGVTeVMibmALhlokhVwzgVQekGIsl2QnrXIrwX4uk4F0.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:11 pm UTC

ggh wrote:
ucim wrote:Looks like Steam to me; ... perhaps that's the source.

Ah - I didn't know what Steam actually did - I guess I just assumed it was some gamey place that the kids were meeting online.

The Steam comunity is a gamey place where the kids meet online.
The Steam software is a games library/download manager/web browser. It's not a 3D world creation tool, so didn't create this. However, there are a number of such tools available through Steam, such as the Source SDK, which is what I and otthers have used in the past. The hiddenongs might be created in this, or could be something else.
He/Him/His Image

NoMouse

CRIKEY! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT FACEBUG!

Postby NoMouse » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:27 pm UTC

On the last frame, the "trash can lid" looks to me like a small parabolic dish - that would make sense if it's really a spy robot.

ETA: Although, Auto-Automome apparently thinks it's a facebug.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Link

Postby Link » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:03 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:Maybe it means we must ping Link - I haven't seen xem in a while.
Don't worry, I'm still here! :) I just find myself lacking the Time to post much. (Turns out that being Zancleanly busy is what the second part of understanding everything looks like.)

taixzo wrote:
Punkroc wrote:It is incredible that this thread is still going on. Holy hell. This is amazing.

Welcome, Punkroc, Revealer the Recent! :)
Yay, a Revealer the Recent! It's also quite incredible that we're still getting new OTTers. Then again, there's nary a thing about this needle-pulled thing that isn't incredible!

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:38 pm UTC

Hi Link!
I think of you when my computer is compiling and I am staring at the screen. It's when the Incredibuild tool displays a set of parallel progress bars with text, so some of them are labelled "link". Very often, I find myself thinking, "Oh look, a new post from Link! No, wait, that's just a linking task. But there! A new post from Link! No, wait, I am still at work." etc. etc.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

Link

PUSH BUTAN, RECEIVE PUNS

Postby Link » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:49 pm UTC

Awww! Image I'll try to post more often, you xuys. :3

The ONGs have me pretty confounded. Why aren't the Beanies RUN!ning? And what's up with the WALL•PY in the hidden!ONGs?

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0275

Postby mscha » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

LONGINEAN...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Fh4iFRcYGiElCxUWCw4RKicmR1dVUFRPDhshGyAebGJXLTErLDIyBwgGMj1DDhEHEA8QKy0xNUhLdmtjPUA7HiECMklMPFJSUEcHNDMEKCkDQzwHPTMYFxcFEQ4IIx0KRSwPVEkIMioJLjEDLjEaalwHbmALJyIbHCE1Ukc+aFdEcWINIh8hb2JMNC8wbmEvOzMsOjU0Mi0qRTw1TUM7cWEXTUVBQzgtNisUXFJJVUtEU0gwWEIcYlZMalQvIh4ceFMjbVcZZlpRZkkeUS8LRzgZOBsBUj0oV0QnaEskcmZagFQfUj4bkF8kh1sjl2UmkGIppGwpk39wrXEqnYl8.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:13 pm UTC

Hi, Link! Good to see you again!

And welcome, Punkroc, to our amazing place!

The "different" texture of the spot where the WALL*py appeared looks to me like tire tracks.

So, the Beanies are looking at each other, right? Is that a "Well, we've tried everything, now what?" look?

The ONGs are pretty confounding. I keep waiting for the "Aha!" moment when we find out how the two stories are Linked, I mean, linked. :D

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

Link

I THINK I PREFER TO THINK OF WOOLPY-SACRIFICING AS A THING.

Postby Link » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:52 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Hi, Link! Good to see you again!

And welcome, Punkroc, to our amazing place!

The "different" texture of the spot where the WALL*py appeared looks to me like tire tracks.

So, the Beanies are looking at each other, right? Is that a "Well, we've tried everything, now what?" look?
Hi! Image

Good find re. the tire tracks. They're a lot wider than the wheels there, though, and they seem to run straight into the wall of the structure. Which reminds me of the fact that none of the buildings in the hidden!ONGs appear to have any doors or windows. I guess the lack of windows could make sense if the city is built for robots instead of humans. The lack of doors is even more epsilon, though the sudden appearance of the WALL•PY vaguely hints at the possibility of some sort of teleportation.

The Beanies... I just don't know. They do appear to be surprised, but they're still awfully calm.

lmjb1964 wrote:The ONGs are pretty confounding. I keep waiting for the "Aha!" moment when we find out how the two stories are Linked, I mean, linked. :D

RSIR:
Spoiler:
1000w.jpg

Eternal Density

.time

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
HES wrote:

The list of TLDs is getting more and more ridiculous.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... el_domains
(The only people who benefit from this, are the ones making money from it, i.e. ICANN and the domain registrars.)

Yep. It doesn't really do anything to help people who are browsing.
It's tricky enough to remember whether a site is .com or .net or .org. Beyond that it gets a little confusing, and then adding .pizza .media and .whateverelse is just silly.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

balthasar_s

Do past-presents count?

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:59 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:Just what I'd expect to see if I were looking through a Spaaace-Time portal.

Now I think,
It would be cool to actually be there.
In the 3D scene, I mean.
After the story *nds it would be nice if the 3D scene was released and made available for exploring.
that would be a pretty cool future.

(As BlitzGirl's avatar would say,

Redundant
Spoiler:
prettycool75.png
)

ETA: heresy: I forgot about my 1500 RNM and posted 1500 to an otherthread.
BSTA
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't countImage
This text was autogenerated:
swimming unit detector active

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: I THINK I PREFER TO THINK OF WOOLPY-SACRIFICING AS A THI

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:49 pm UTC

Link wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:The ONGs are pretty confounding. I keep waiting for the "Aha!" moment when we find out how the two stories are Linked, I mean, linked. :D

:D

balthasar_s wrote:
mrob27 wrote:Just what I'd expect to see if I were looking through a Spaaace-Time portal.

Now I think,
In the 3D scene, I mean.
After the story *nds it would be nice if the 3D scene was released and made available for exploring.

It would be interesting but *ndish, I think. It just seems so desolate.

balthasar_s wrote:(As BlitzGirl's avatar would say,

ETA: heresy: I forgot about my 1500 RNM and posted 1500 to an otherthread.

That image makes me smile and feel *ndish all at the same time. I PMed BlitzGirl, but she never picked it up. :( I'm tempted to message her on Facebug to see if she's ok, but thought that might be too stalkery.

And here's for the heresy:

Redundant:
Spoiler:
(You still get cake, but it's redundacake.)

mandms.jpeg
mandms.jpeg (17.97 KiB) Viewed 7731 times

redundacake.jpg
redundacake.jpg (14.04 KiB) Viewed 7731 times

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0276

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:30 am UTC

BESEEMONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

ChUWCA4SExocHCAcFh0iGyElTEVCRldUEA8QWlRQDhEIDRchLTErbGJXLTIyFxcGNUhLdWphCAkDNk5POUIkUkkHKCkDKigVLjEDNDMERTUHHiECMi0FIh0LPFJSWEIdalwHaVwWEQ4CUj4bLjEZMy0VHiM2cWINNC8wKy0xKSgoZkkeOjU0My0rOzMrRTw1QjgsTUM7S0EsODMYOz1BUkc+VkxEXFJJXVI3YlZMcWITdFEdb2IwaVcsaUsjZltScmZZUj4nRT9AV0Mnb2ALbWFLRTgacmJMbVpGIh4ZNxsBQR8AIh8ieFMijF8th1skl2QmjmAmpWwolXVWm4d6.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np1935

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:00 am UTC

VEERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by NoMouse.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:NEIL_BOEKEND IS THE YIP OF THE PRICKLYMOLPS

-- posted by randompixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:44 am UTC

Link wrote:Good find re. the tire tracks. They're a lot wider than the wheels there, though, and they seem to run straight into the wall of the structure. Which reminds me of the fact that none of the buildings in the hidden!ONGs appear to have any doors or windows. I guess the lack of windows could make sense if the city is built for robots instead of humans. The lack of doors is even more epsilon, though the sudden appearance of the WALL•PY vaguely hints at the possibility of some sort of teleportation.

A possible solution.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0277

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:30 am UTC

FIZZONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

CA4SChUWExocFh0jGiEmHSEZLC0xRldUDhckEA8SNEE-W1RRZltRDhEIbWJXLDQ2CAkDUkgHHiEDLTIJNTMELjAZFxcHJiYFNUlLRjMHN09QPFJSKyoVMi0EalwHbmALWUMdRTkaalwYNzMZcWINZkkeIh0MGyMxMi4WIh4hUj4bKigpNC8wMy0sOzU0PDMrQjgtTUM7RTw2UEYvTERCVkxEUkc9VGQ4XFJJYlZMIh4ZaVUucGIXeFMibmIyPD1BRT9AbmFMd2ticmZZWEMmc1IbUTwncmJMcF9IMR8WEQ4Bakwjh1skNxsBSicHglMbkGEnkF4il2Qmpm0olXda.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

with xem myself for that m**stardish trick... Well, we'll just Wait for the $[REDACTED]$." Thinking himself only a little bit clever for knowing what these were (and for employing expert spies), Idle repurposed his clicks and Waited. Patrolling the rows and columns of little boxes, the King caught one, two, three, ... and eventually seven redundakitties and was soon using Time Travel to get Temporal NewPixBots.

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:24 am UTC

balthasar_s: It might be useful to include the current/previous paragraph for context, even if in a spoilered code block.
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

mrob27

NEWPIXTING IS HARD, LET'S GO SCHIZOBLITZING.

Postby mrob27 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:34 am UTC

ETA:
AluisioASG wrote:It might be useful to include the current/previous paragraph for context, even if in a spoilered code block.

Just follow the mr*bdex story link (and scroll to the bottom).

ggh wrote:Yeah, I almost remember a posted image of a prospective virtual landscape for things Time-ish - lotsa depth… were there trees?… a brief discussion…. Anyways, my OTT search-fu failed me. Sigh.

Perhaps you remember this? (Image cached by the Moonbase, originally from @ChronosDragon, OTT:608:29)
  I also remember one with trees, but my searchfu is a bit thin. Perhaps it is time to summon Morobu, fabled pilgrim of 富士山学校検索技能!

Ooh, @ggh, thanks for the acid! Image

balthasar_s wrote:ETA: heresy: I forgot about my 1500 RNM and posted 1500 to an otherthread.

Oh yeah, those? It's okay! Here … have a Time-travel bike:

A balthabike with built-in whirly time ripples!
balthabotblitzbike has handy LED-driven status indicators

… and this, just because… I saw this and thought of OTTerdragons.
The dragon's chest is a… postbox?

SBN wrote:
Link wrote:Good find re. the tire tracks. They're a lot wider than the wheels there, though, and they seem to run straight into the wall of the structure. […]

A possible solution.

And another.

mrob27 Image

Spoiler:
time-travel-bike 1.png
A balthabike with built-in whirly time ripples!

time-travel-bike 3.gif
balthabotblitzbike has handy LED-driven status indicators

cosdragon.png
The dragon's chest is a... postbox?

mr27.gif
27x27 pixel mrob27 acid-trip avatar
mr27.gif (51.29 KiB) Viewed 7474 times
Last edited by mrob27 on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:45 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:44 am UTC

This is just what the first part of forever looks like.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

Eternal Density

I'M IN UR CROISSANT, CH**RPING UR FACEBUGS

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:09 am UTC

Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

NoMouse

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0277

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:54 am UTC

mscha wrote:Image
-- posted by newpixbot

I can't help but I can clearly see blue pliers and an orange screwdriver.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0278

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 am UTC

JONGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

ChUXCQ4SExkbFh0jGiEnHiEVWUMdKysWNjIZVkxERlJORVZTCxQjEA8QCAkDRDsIMS0EJiQHTEM6DhEIIh0LNkpMXVRRFxcHPFJRUEUIEQ4CNTMELC0xalwHKzQ1bmALUz4bOEQ4cmINb1cYXFJJZlk4d2QWLjAZcGIvHicwhlojMEpLbmFMIh4hVUkIN09QNC8wKSgpRjkaMy0sOzU0RTw2HiAGOzMrQjgtS0RCUkc9ZkkeVEUtRj9AYlZMZltSNhoBaVkpaUwiMi4WSicHOD5DbGJXeVMiIh4ZUjwrcmVYdmtjc2JMMx8UcF9IkmEkcU8hkF8kQh8Aj31xAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

balthasar_s

BTTBAA: 918

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:36 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:I also remember one with trees, but my searchfu is a bit thin.

This:
Spoiler:
?
It's in blitzreport 21.

NoMouse wrote:I can't help but I can clearly see blue pliers and an orange screwdriver.

It's a bot-building bot?
Last edited by balthasar_s on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:31 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BSTA
BTTBAA:1023 # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here's why. # OTT facebug copy

lmjb1964

BECOME AN PLAN(C)KS

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 am UTC

balthasar, I cant's see the image you posted. :(

Is that the same little bot? It looks different, but maybe it's just the angle. What's it doing? Is it bending the stick, cutting it, measuring it?

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

balthasar_s

Re: BECOME AN PLAN(C)KS

Postby balthasar_s » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:34 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:balthasar, I cant's see the image you posted. :(

Sorry, I copied the link from bothasar_s' post report which included my blitzreport and it still had the .dnsd. I didn't notice it because I have 1190.bicyclesonthemoon.dnsd.info mapped to 192.168.1.3.
I fixed it now.
BSTA

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:50 am UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:

Now I think,
In the 3D scene, I mean.

It would be interesting but *ndish, I think. It just seems so desolate.

Interesting, I agree, but *ndish depends on what we do with the scene. OTTifying ins't exactly a new concept ;)
Tell you what, if the map is released (and not procedurally generated), I swear to Randall that I won't rest until it's been thoroughly OTTified (though it should be possible to OTTify something procedural, just a lot more complicated).

As for 3D renderings, HES also made this.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

HES

Postby HES » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:16 pm UTC

karhell wrote:As for 3D renderings, HES also made this.

I was about to post to remind myself to dig through my dropbox to find a thing that I did, but karhell just found the thing that I did.

I wonder if I'm about to will have been assisted by the Guide Mk. II from the last H2G2 book. Watch out for ejector seats.

(Edit after checking reference)
Last edited by HES on Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0279

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

SONGUINE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Cg4SDBQXGyInFh0jFBgaZkkeVUgIMS4EJiQILDM0QlRTPFFRLC4xFxcIIh4LQzwHNjMEHyAJNUpMCAkDcFUaalwHQjgtOE9QKSgpEQ4BTkUIHiEUbmALLTELNEE+O1BPDhEIKywWdWMXLTAZcmINSSgLHygyNzMZRj9AUj4bNC8wOjU0RTw2OzMrLkdKTEM6S0RCVkxERlFNUkc9UUcxXFJJZlk5XVRRMi4WcWIuNRoAYlZMZltSaVopRjobd1IhakwhIh4aMR8UMy0sTiUBbWFXhGY0d2tiWEMmIh8hChEjbmBNdGZZUjwmc2JMcF5HWUMdcU8gloN3AAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

karhell

Postby karhell » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:51 pm UTC

HES wrote:I wonder if I'm about to will have been assisted by the new Guide from the later H2G2 books. Watch out for ejector seats.
I'm both completely confused, and thoroughly amused by this sentence. I assume it's a reference to Douglas Adams' books* ?

*definitely something I intend to blitz at some point in the future.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”