1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

HES

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby HES » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:33 pm UTC

karhell wrote:I assume it's a reference to Douglas Adams' books* ?

Yes, specifically Mostly Harmless, the fifth in the trilogy.

Decree: Obscure book references.
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:52 pm UTC

HES wrote:Decree: Obscure book references.

Users browsing this forum: Eoink, førtito, mscha, peregrine_crow, ps.02, slinches, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

NoMouse

NOW IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, I HAVE A BRAINSLUG TO CRENELLATE

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:53 pm UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
NoMouse wrote:I can't help but I can clearly see blue pliers and an orange screwdriver.

It's a bot-building bot?

In any case, it seems like a DIY bot. It almost looks like some of your creations... *suspicious face*
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0280

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

HEADSHAKONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

XFJJVkxERTw2Ukc9TEM6S0RCQjgtOzMrMy0sDhEIFxgJT0YISDEHCAkCLTI0NExOOlBQLkpMYlZMXVRRKywWEQ4BIh4MOTtAIh0aNB0SVEkHNTIDOzU0ZlpSMS4CdmphCg4SFBcaJiQHLTAZNS8wKicpXVE6S0IrIh8hFxwjHCInHiYxKi0xbWJXZ1NJbmFMNzMZUTsmb2Ivd2YXaFwoZVg5dGZYcmMMalwHbmALalwXgW4VHiETDRIXc2JLMi4WRj9AHiAMRjkafHFqV0MmcF9IhXJhWUMdChEkCA8iUj4bZUgiZUgecU4eVCoINRoBmIV5AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:35 pm UTC

mscha wrote:

Users browsing this forum: Eoink, førtito, mscha, peregrine_crow, ps.02, slinches, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Hm, could førtito be Dutch for fortytwo, the answer to you-know-what in a certain book hexalogy. (Or pentalogy?)

Anyway, whoever put the very long yellow rulers in the very low recycle bin in the first place, must have been bad at estimating the size of stuff. No wonder it fell over.

Or maybe there is a pasta-making machine in the bin, constantly grinding out new tagliatelle.

For decree: if the water from the berm were laminar enough, one could go by ship all the way down to Mediterranean level.
Hatted and wimpled by ergman.
Dubbed "First and Eldest of Ottificators" by svenman.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

ergman

that was a terrible attempt at a reference

Postby ergman » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:30 pm UTC

prediction: These sticks are for testing the Ph of the water or something. They just added some chemical to the river, and now they have to test whether what they were trying to do works.

for decree: All the people seem to be dead. Maybe the river is spoon shaped?
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
I've changed, witnessing this thing so beautiful

Good luck on blitzing, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, and quantized ! Keep the signposts coming, we love em in the now!

Link

Postby Link » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:32 pm UTC

mikrit wrote:
mscha wrote:Users browsing this forum: Eoink, førtito, mscha, peregrine_crow, ps.02, slinches, Yahoo [Bot] and 29 guests

Hm, could førtito be Dutch for fortytwo[...]
Nope, the Dutch for forty-two is tweeënveertig. There's no ø in Dutch either.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 pm UTC

NoMouse wrote:
balthasar_s wrote:
NoMouse wrote:I can't help but I can clearly see blue pliers and an orange screwdriver.

It's a bot-building bot?

In any case, it seems like a DIY bot. It almost looks like some of your creations... *suspicious face*

Personally, I'm suspicious of HES, especially when other 3D renderings of his show up, and because of this:

HES wrote:The Steam software is a games library/download manager/web browser. It's not a 3D world creation tool, so didn't create this. However, there are a number of such tools available through Steam, such as the Source SDK, which is what I and otthers have used in the past. The hiddenongs might be created in this, or could be something else.

Of course, it could be BlitzGirl. Maybe that's why we haven't seen her around. She's busy making the ONGs.

The pointy thing on the bot looks like a Swiss Army knife. And I don't understand what the Beanies are doing, or more accurately, why they aren't doing anything.

Førtito is apparently a place in Norway.

My Google-fu turned up nothing about a spoon-shaped river. And there must be more to life than having nothing.

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

HES

Postby HES » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:24 pm UTC

I'd tell you it isn't me, but that would only make you more suspicious.

*backs away, whistling*
He/Him/His Image

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:40 pm UTC

Hmmm.....

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:21 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:Førtito is apparently a place in Norway.

Ah, yes, there is a Førtito Bar & Bowling in Sarpsborg, Norway. But also, førtito means forty-two in Norwegian, according to Google Translate. So we are both right - the usual outcome in this friendly thread.

(Well, Dutch and Norwegian are functionally equivalent in my ears: there are many Norwegian dialects that I can understand exactly as well as I can understand Dutch (that is, every twentieth word is pure Swedish; the rest are a mystery)).

Aren't most rivers spoon-shaped, at least if they end in a lake?

ETA: I have identified the spoonish river book.

WARNING: THIS SPOILER REALLY CONTAINS A SPOILER:
Spoiler:
Spoon River Anthology (1915), by Edgar Lee Masters.
Febrion wrote: "etc" is latin for "this would look better with more examples, but I can't think of any".

NoMouse

They do everything in threes.

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 pm UTC

For decree:
Link wrote:(...)Which reminds me of the fact that none of the buildings in the hidden!ONGs appear to have any doors or windows. I guess the lack of windows could make sense if the city is built for robots instead of humans.

The whole scene reminds me of the island with the city of New York in the Cylindrical Sea. The whole "city" consists of buildings of different shapes without doors and windows or any other apparent features, while all the biots keep maintaining the place.
Time. The final frontier. These are the voyages of Cueball and Megan. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0281

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

ONGEMINATION...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

VkxETEM7Ukc9XVJJQjgtRTw2OzMrMy0sOjQ0Y1dMZlpSdmYVcmMNalwHb2ALalwYcmUvcF9HFBcaEA8SDhEIFxgKIh0abWFXKiwWCAkCb2BNZlc7TERCMi4WXVE3XVRRZlYnVkwFKScpIh4hTEEtdGNLc2VXODQaUTopRj9ASkMFTDAJNTMDWEwMMS4CHiANJiQIEQ4Bd2piIh0MRTkafHFpaDwhh3VHVUQnNC8wWEIdCg4SHiESLTAZDRIXKi0xODtBLjEzHiYwHCInFxwjCxElQh0ARyICNhoACA8iUj4baDYQYkYdmIR2ppGCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:39 pm UTC

Our bot·py is walking off with one of the whatever-they-ares.
If this is a game of Mikado, it is still in the game.
Spoiler:
ETA enhanced bot·py from two angles:

Definitely a screwdriver, probably pliers, indeed looks like something bot·hasar could make.
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time Parties"

Postby Eternal Density » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:59 pm UTC

Just realised we're past NP 2380, which is twice 1190.
mikrit wrote:
mscha wrote:

Hm, could førtito be Dutch for fortytwo,
More like Swedish.
Spoiler:
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

NoMouse

KEEP CALM AND MOLPY ON

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:32 pm UTC

mscha: Wow, thank you for the animation, I haven't noticed that our bot is carrying the piece of uncooked fettuccine away! I was wondering what takes it so long to do whatever it wants to do with the pasta.

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:41 pm UTC

ED: Nope, it's fyrtiotvå in Swedish, although I admit that is is pronounced as if it were spelled førtitvå. That makes everything kristall klear, ja?

For decree: In 1926 a group of explorers, with a base camp at 51° 5′ 24″ N, 0° 6′ 25.2″ E, managed to find an important artefact. The one who made the crucial observation had previously not been regarded as likely to contribute much. The leader conjectured that at least one and probably three more similar artefacts remained to be discovered. But to this day, only one more has been found, and most researchers doubt that the remaining two exist at all.

NoMouse

_MY LITTLE RAFTCASTLE: FLUTTERBEEWINGISHNESSITUDE IS MAGIC_

Postby NoMouse » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:45 pm UTC

Speculation: Robots took over the world. Humans are imprisoned in camps. They don't get enough food. One of them, called Balthasar, makes secretly a little robot from common tools and everyday objects and programs it to steal from the guarded area this huge piece of pasta that would feed an entire family for a week.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0282

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:30 am UTC

THINKONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

VkxEXFJJY1dMZ1tSUkc9TEEsTUM7RDw3XFRRQjgtOzMrbWFWc2VWNTIDMysFFxgJEQ4DBwgDIx4MTERCUzwkJiUHXlE4HiANSkAeNzQab2BNDhEIcF9HZ1c8LjEiRj9AdGNLaGY1ZEgvVUMoRzobKiwWHSInHiETV0EceWxiinluSSMDFxwiYkUbHicxKScpWCoEMy0sLTAZMi0WTy4SaTYOFBcaIh4ZDhIXNC8wOzU0Cg4TCxEkKy0xIh4hLjE2Qh4BUj4bCA8iNxoAm4d6uKCPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:20 am UTC

Molpyup!
Back from a trip in the OutsideH, just to find three pages of ketchup, with lots of molpish things in the OTT and lots of excitement in the ONGs!

Awesomeful OTThercomic, Whizbang!
Treeish find, moody! That really looks like what's happening right now.
I didn't see a link to the currently second-to-last OtherComic, so here it is.

mikrit wrote:Anyway, whoever put the very long yellow rulers in the very low recycle bin in the first place, must have been bad at estimating the size of stuff.

If only they would have had some rulers to measure the size of the bin...
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

AluisioASG
Location: Flowing into places that are comfortable for it to flow

Postby AluisioASG » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:46 am UTC

Hereby nominating ZoomanSP for the title of Yemit Reginbarh for Othercomics. Votes are open.

I've noticed most projeCTTs are GPL-licensed. Is there any particular reason?
Selecting new quote…
Can't see addams on the right? Message me!Image

Link

SHIPCASTLES RUN WHEN A GOOD BEESNAKE GOES TO NEWPIXIA

Postby Link » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:58 am UTC

AluisioASG wrote:I've noticed most projeCTTs are GPL-licensed. Is there any particular reason?
My view: freedom is molpish, and the GPL guarantees that the things I make stay free. That's it, basically.

mrob27

NOOOO THEY BE MUSTARDING MY SPOILERCAKE

Postby mrob27 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:16 am UTC

Yes, @balthasar_s that was it, thanks!
  @ChronosDragon, OTT:801:33 :
Started playing around with ideas for The Side Project just now. Test Pic Nombre Un:
Spoiler:

Not sure I'm liking the fog, I think it'd be better if the ground was actually shaded to show the geometry, but I'm not sure how I'd go about that. Maybe using a texture which is slightly mustard, then putting slightly different strength lights facing the cardinal directions. I'll keep fiddling.

If it was @ChronosDragon, then xe must have switched from the fiddle to the cello.

AluisioASG wrote:I've noticed most projeCTTs are GPL-licensed. Is there any particular reason?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please state more clearly what you're asking about. Perhaps you could name or link to some of the things that satisfy your definition of "projeCTT". A lot of my stuff is Creative Commons, so I would guess that my creations don't satisfy your definition.

Link wrote:My view: freedom is molpish […]

I prefer to say that Molpishness wants to be free. :D

Spoiler:
NP801 ChronosDragon tree render sp.otc.test0000.jpg
A rendering of terrain with a tree by ChronosDragon, NP801
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0283

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:30 am UTC

FONDLONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

XFFJYlZMVUxEUkc9TUQ8RDw4QjgtOzMqOzU0XVRRc2VYZ1tSX1E9cF9GdGNKbWFXb2BNY1M9OTQHIyMMMS4WKiwWCAoGFRcLHiAPDhEIHiITHCImFBcaFxwiTEEtUkIpVkEcEQ4FUj4kSkEeTERCeGthRj9Ab4BINjMZKScpUj4bRzsbLTAZDRIXLzIhMy0tCg4TNC8wIB0NIh0aKi0xHyUwLzAyIh4hQDgJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2224

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:00 am UTC

GLOWERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Hillperson.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:IF MEMEIFYING IN CASSINI-MADAGASCAR IS TEMPORAL, CONSIDER ME FFOXY.

-- posted by randompixbot

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0284

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:30 am UTC

JABBERONGLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

W1FJYlZMZltSbWFXVUxEcWRZUkc+TUQ8UD0mRDw5QjgtOjMqNjMaLTAZMS4WKiwXFRcLDRIXFBcaIyIOOzQ0LzEhEQ4GCAoIDhEJHiESFhwiKicoLS0xRkAvMy0tIR4NHCImUkIoHiAPXVRRRj9AS0RCNS8wIh4hIh4ZO0gnVkAbCg4SUj4bRzobAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:45 am UTC

The robot ONGs suddenly remind me of the end, sorry, the *nd of when Wallace and Gromit go to the moon. I'll spoiler it if you haven't seen that (in which case, do it now!).
Spoiler:
The little robot wants to make a pair of skis of the yellow rulers.

SilentTimer

t1i – The Making Of

Postby SilentTimer » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:48 am UTC

One year ago, SilentTimer wrote:

*** STARTING THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM THE PAST ***

October 2014.

SilentBot is waiting for it.

Now I can concentrate on …
SilentTimer wrote: Hey, didn't I want to write a Making Of?

Yes, I know.

What can I write?
Spoiler:
SilentTimer wrote: Hmm… it also tells something about t1i. It doesn't tell how I made it, but something which is at least as important: why I made it. How it began.

Hey, that can be the title of my posting. :)

Okay, that's it. Back to the Making Of.
But now, after experiencing T** **d again, I feel a big void again. Image

But it makes sense to think about my own thoughts one year ago. Maybe that's how I can write the Making Of: I Blitz my notes from one year ago, and I write down my thoughts from the past.

So the Making Of will consist of thought transmissions from the past.

Okay. What does my thought transmitter transmit?

13 October 2013.

Time needs a sequel!

Who will write it?

Some guesses how it will look like           
cannot hurt, can they?           

Where are they?

Volcano? Radioactivity!   

*** END OF THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM THE PAST ***

It works. :)

Indeed, I didn't “decide” to write a sequel to Time.
I just speculated how it might look like.
Thoughtsε were floating about.
And then it hit me.

*switches the thought transmitter on again*

24 October 2013.

Time 1+i. Wait for it.

Environment
  • Asinara. Steep, rocky coasts.
  • White donkeys. Mouflons. Characteristic plants.
  • Animals fleeing from the flood.
  • Flotsam at the beach.
  • Relics of human settlement.
  • The former prison is now the radiating :!: ruin of a nuclear power plant.
What “The 40” Are Doing
  • “La Petite” discovers the boat of the Beanies.
    She invents the oar and/or the sail.
  • To explore their new home, “Cuegan” climb a mountain.
    From the top they can see that they are on a small island,
    and they can see Sardinia.
What The “Beanies” Are Doing
  • The boat with the “suicide squad” arrives.
  • They try to prevent “Cuegan” from entering the contaminated area.
  • A ship arrives to receive their notes.
  • Burial mound with a rock wearing the beanie.
Effects of Radioactivity
  • Butterflies with crippled wings.
  • Scorpions can survive high doses of radioactivity.
  • Radiation sickness after exposition to about 6 Sv:
    immediate: nausea, headache, fever, dizziness
    latent period: 7–28 days
    after that: epilation, illness, fatigue, diarrhea, hemorrhage
    100% mortality without proper care (How could they?)

Yes, these were my first notes.
What happened next?
I guess I'll have to watch the next episode.

26 October 2013.

The Plot

History
  • 5 “Beanies” are exploring the “mountain” Asinara. They discover the remains of a nuclear reactor. First, only two of them explore the inner parts. They feel sick. After some days, the sickness fades, so two more Beanies dare to enter the ruin. After that, the sickness of the first two returns and increases constantly. They halt all explorations. The first two die. The others bury them and leave the place.
Prologue
  • A rabbit is grazing at a hillslope. It recognises a movement, startles, and hops away. Silence.
  • Three humans (“Beanies”) with a lot of luggage are going downhill. They pick up a tripod. After that there are no more traces of human activity.
  • Slow, diagonal camera pan up to the skirts of the forest. The reader can identify it as the place where “The 40” arrived. The pan vectors encode the message “Time 1+i. Wait for it.” (backwards).
  • Several animals cross the camera view from left to right, for example a piebald donkey.
The Flood
  • Water is entering the frame from the left, with waves and flotsam. Animals are fleeing to the right.
  • A knee-high or waist-high wave hits the beach and the trees, but doesn't cause any substantial damage.
  • The water surface levels out.
  • One frame shows the starry sky of m3076. 8 frames later the raft arrives from the left. Maybe the dialogue of m3082 is visible from the 6th frame on.
  • Use m3085 unchanged.
  • Use m3086 to m3088 with a camera pan to the right.
  • Maybe use m3089 “T** **d” with a camera pan in such a way that parts of the text stick into the frame from the left.
  • There's a “Beanish” flag in the forest, not far from that place.
The Landing Of “The 40”
  • The camera pan is following “The 40”. Among other things, we see them carrying their yurts.
  • Cut to the camp in the forest. Yurts, fire, etc. Everyone is happy. There is plenty of food and building materials.
  • Brief dialogue between “Megan” and “Cueball”. They want to explore their new home. They pick up their bags and leave.
In The Meantime …
  • The two “Beanies” who followed their colleagues into the contaminated ruin spot symptoms of radiation sickness on themselves. An expert (“Rosetta”?) examines them and concludes that they cannot be saved. They decide to return to the mountain (which is now an island) and to use their remaining time to find out as much as possible about the ruin.

The story changed a lot since then.
How did it take shape?
I must find out.
That's what the first part of making the Making Of looks like. :)

*leaves it on*

*** THE LOOP ***

Redundant:
Spoiler:

Unused scene:
La Petite discovers the boat of the Beanies

at1i-0577-0589.gif
The Making Of t1i
previous chapternext chapter

How It Began
How It Took Shape
The First ONGs
How I Learned To Wait For It
Let's Go To The Top!
The Delurk
Don't Kill The Beanies!
How The Bluecave Was Formed
The Recursive Story
It's Green Everywhere
Radioactive Recovery
A Drawing OF The Cave
Shipping T** **d
T** **dversary
Did You Notice The SilentBot?
The Making Of
Image Did you like 1190: Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

503? Images don't work? Other mustard? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

Randalspeed to Rakhal, thunk, and all Blitzers!

Link

Re: NOOOO THEY BE MUSTARDING MY SPOILERCAKE

Postby Link » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:29 am UTC

mrob27 wrote:
Link wrote:My view: freedom is molpish […]

I prefer to say that Molpishness wants to be free. :D

Yes, that too. :D

SilentTimer wrote:Now I can concentrate on …
SilentTimer wrote: Hey, didn't I want to write a Making Of?

Yes, I know.
Baobabs, a Making Of the Making Of. This is getting meta! Oh well, redundancy is molpish. :)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0285

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:30 pm UTC

WHARFONGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

W1FJVUxEYVZMZVpSbWFYUkc+Qzw5QjgtOjMqTUQ9MS4XIyIOFBcaFhwjHCImNC8wOzQ0LS0wKycoKi0XCg4TCAsKDhEJFRcMIh0aEQ4GLTEaHiITNzMaDRIXLjIjT0EnIh8hDxchHiAPIR4NVEAgMy0tUj4bTERCRj9AXVRRRjobV0AbbWNgcGVcAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:15 pm UTC

With the recent WHO announcement, does that mean we can shorten semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesstarsandonice to semencoffeebaconbabiesstarsandonice?
He/Him/His Image

mrob27

YOU WOULDN'T CRENELLATE A PUNSAW

Postby mrob27 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:28 pm UTC

HES wrote:With the recent WHO announcement, does that mean we can shorten semencoffeecancerbaconbabiesstarsandonice to semencoffeebaconbabiesstarsandonice?

No way! Redundancy is molpish!r

r … or is it, "Redundancy wants to be molpish"? Image Hmmm….

ggh

Postby ggh » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:50 pm UTC

4:50 am Sunday morning and I'm up, like so many New Zealanders. In two hours, I'll be really happy, or really endish.
Dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:54 pm UTC

mrob27 wrote:If it was @ChronosDragon, then xe must have switched from the fiddle to the cello.
... and then switched back. :)

@SilentTimer - Yay! T1i blooper reel and other outtakes!

mrob27 wrote:...or is it, "Redundancy wants to be molpish"?
Redundancy does what it wants. So, it must be big.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0286

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:30 pm UTC

ARRONGE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

W1FJVUxEYVZNZVpSUUc+TUQ9QjgtOjMqLjIjKycoMi4XQzw6LTEaKi0XFBcaFhwjNzMaIiIPFRgMIh4PEQ4FCAsMHCEmDRIXIR4aHiETDhELTEAsOzU0Cg4TNS8wTERCRjkbcGVcUkIrLC0wUj0aMy0tbWFYHyAPRj9AIh8hXVRRbWRgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:16 pm UTC

ggh wrote:4:50 am Sunday morning and I'm up, like so many New Zealanders. In two hours, I'll be really happy, or really endish.
Dum ditty dum ditty dum dum dum.

And I just turned on the TV to learn that you're really happy.

I was out with the wolpies, showing off their halloween costumes.
003.JPG
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

mikrit

Postby mikrit » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:12 pm UTC

ggh: Congratulations, New Zealand!

SBN: Very cute wolpies. I'm glad you didn't go for the scary Hound of the Baskervilles look with fluorescent fangs and whatnot.

The molpiness that wants to be free reminded me of an old limerick by Morris Bishop in the Penguin Book of Limericks, compiled by O. Parrott (40):

Said a fervent young lady of Hammels:
‘I object to humanity’s trammels.
I want to be free!
Like a bird!  Like a bee!
Oh, why am I classed with the mammals?’

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0287

Postby mscha » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:30 pm UTC

CHONGEABLENESSES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

W1FJYVZNZVpSUkc+VUxETUQ9QjgtOjMqQzw6LTEaKS0XMS4XHSEUFxwiHCEnFRgMEA4FFBcaDRIXIiIPDhEKHiAPNS8wKycoOzQ0CAsLCg4TIh4aS0RCMy0tNzMaUD0ZLCwxbWFYIh4ORTkacGRbIh4hLjEiRj9AXVRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Eternal Density

Re: 1190: "Time" - not all molpies are molpish

Postby Eternal Density » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:03 pm UTC

*googles to find out what all the NZ fuss is aboot*
Oh. Well done. I didn't even know there was a rugby world cup going on.
Play the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?
In the Marvel vs. DC film-making war, we're all winners.

mrob27

QUOTH THE DECREE, "CH*RPING MUSTARD."

Postby mrob27 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:10 pm UTC

ggh wrote:4:50 am Sunday morning and I'm up, like so many New Zealanders.

Glad to hear it went the molpish way for you and all the kiwimolp handegg supporters!

ucim wrote:Redundancy does what it wants. So, it must be big.

Redundancy does it again, just to be sure.

mrob27 Image ( Image ← redundagoat)

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”