1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Gingercat

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Gingercat » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:41 am UTC

I've just noticed that ED is on 4999 posts...!

Decree: Where possible, please post your "Top Three" OTT events / things that you've personally enjoyed that immediately come to mind.

(They don't have to be your "Top Three Of All Time"; just the ones that immediately occur to you.)

In no particular order for me:

1. OTTifications, whether they be songs, artistic expressions, recolors of the original TimeFrames...

2. The sheer (and frankly, unbelievable given the usual nature of the Net) welcoming nature of the OTTizens that inhabit this place

3. Avatar Hattifications! I'm still absolutely delighted with my current avatar; it brings me happiness whenever I happen to see it, as do many others!
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat.

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:28 am UTC

At the risk of horrible omissions:

1) AotC
2) songs, like actual sung songs (by quite a number of folks, starting with jovialbird, I believe)
3) BlitzGirl's first Boom-de-yada

Those are the first three that cross my mind for big emotional impact for me. Other things may be more important, but are often more gradual (or incremental or whatever) so I while I may have a huge admiration/appreciation (I mean, things like the Time after Times are massively awesomeful) I don't get that sudden rush that I've gotten from the ones I've named. These have been like crush-inducing for me. Please don't tell Jose's wife.

While I've written that paragraph, my head keeps going "but what about..." and yes, maybe I should have said some other things, but I'm going to stick with this.

Also, if I took a moment and reinterpreted "personally enjoyed" in my head, I'd come up with a whole 'nother list entirely, because I would trade any of these things for the wonderful OTTer warmth here.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0800

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 am UTC

PHONGITE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

Code: Select all

S2N8R195WFxjSlJXUU1MSEdIQjw6NjU3QT5BYltZV1hZNUhKRlpmOD1CLk1SNTAuRU5VT2eAYV9hZ2x1U2l0PmBpMS8xc25xi3txZnmHdGxmenN0VGuCKjU3aWZoh3hsgm5fXWFnMS4ueGdbKCsrFh4iGiUnFRoYIR4eChEPXHKHJCkaRTQNGyEQJS0yKT9QHzdGBQsLBhcYHC0zl4N0KDxGa3Z3T0UyfHJoZmNdlYBvkX5xR2RtNlxkJUI8GElDFEY9L1lgGjMqKDMoKkZHH1FVMUE+CR0iGSQZFjk2CjIuJVNYCzo0DEU9CiYmDkhDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ZoomanSP
Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby ZoomanSP » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:20 am UTC

For decree, in alphabetical order:

1) AotC
2) Ottifications (songs and OTThercomics)
3) Random witty, hilariously funny exchanges between OTTers throughout the thread
Spoiler:
There's something else, but I'll hold it bag.
Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0801

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:30 am UTC

LONGES...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

lIqjiXuXkH6Tk4achnqIh3+hioObenSIdWt5i4iicWl0ZVxrbW2LmpOotqq5rKO1p52ypJqs7+juwrXFwr7Q0snTj5mqZHqjdImhbXWgXG6glISJ4triua3CWXahV4Kgd3mbY1ddUVZpUE1XjIePTnmgopGVdYaevbO9-v3+rKKuUWh4wbS+vrPCUFyEFztIQj1FZ3aLLzlHFC00LU5YFzpGKlthLzI4K2VmOG10PXB4MmhsTnmfGk1SeJifRnJ8VneFVHCOWXieh3d7ZHucaIShhnV3UnV+ZIOcbpGgXIKeXYKKa4qXGxwmEAcJdpegAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:40 am UTC

Gingercat! Are you Present? As in, here in the Now?! I swear I tried to sweep the molpies, but there was Madness and then the fora mustarded and I tried to lure the molpy army Outside with puns but they got lost in the basement and I didn't want to dispatch a raptorcat rescue team because raptorcats and molpies are like seas and sandcastles...

In other news, the Reckoning is officially over (according to the announcement thread).

ZoomanSP wrote:There's something else, but I'll hold it bag.

For decree, there's so much molpishness in the OTT...
I can't decide! Ok, first things that come to mind:

1) My rush to the Present during the Fading, and the subsequent party when Time came bag back
2) OTTish, including words, expressions, turns of phrase, references, slang, etc. unique to this place
3) The creation of a wowterful community from a group of people simply Waiting for it together!

But there's so much else that I could go on for newpages and newpages...
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0802

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:30 am UTC

MONGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

enSIh3qIiXuXhn+hk4ackH6Si4ihlIqjioObcWh0dmp4mpOovrLCtaq5pJqs49rjwrXF08nU-v3+kZmsZHmjdIigaXOgW26gbG2OgG92d3mbZVtqopCVjYGIlISKpp2y7+juuq7CTnigUE1XrKO1V4KgYlhdq6GuwbS+vbK9Z3aLUVZpVF2FQj1Fi5SeLk9YFzpGVneFLjA3LzlIK1piWXahdYaeDjZCW26cFC00MmhsOW10bI2ad5efTml4T3KDGk1SPnB4TnmfR3J8ZHudaIShK2RmhnZ7WXieUnR+X4OMbpGgZIOchoJxGxwmXIKe2duwEQcJdpegAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

TAKE THIS SLITHERMOLP AND CH**RP IT

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 am UTC

For decree:
  • OTTercon Bochum 2015
  • opportunity to learn lots (e.g. making Q04B, bots, mr*bdex, etc.)
  • opportunity to write fanfiction (like Morobu and bOTTeriada)

mrob27 Image

ONE OF THESE YIPS, MINI-BUNNY_S IS JUST GOING
TO FOREGOAT * TO THE FULL JAVASCRIPT OF "HANIAM 4". TWICE.

and I haven't ONGed in a loooONG Time, so…

Time After Time: t-1_0803
by mrob27 » ONGing t-1_0803 at 20160324 07:01:12 UTC = newpix 26404.02
IF THE MOLPACA IS WRONG, I DON'GT WANT TO BE RIGHT
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

k4acjIehin+hiXuXh3qIeW2Fk4qjmpOoioObcGd0dmt4dnicdoafpJmsva7Dw7fH4trj0snV7+jvlJitZXmkbXekaISgc4ihkH6QZlxrenSIp52yopCWwK-DuLnTWm6gVoKgi4iRbpChWnWhTnagZm2FrKO0t6y6u7G9UFyEgG91YlddUE1XQjxGUVZq-v3+ZG6ewLO9lIOKWWV4LlJZvbLCZ3WMLzhIFjpFFCw0LFpiKSs0K2NmOmx0Gk5TT3CEd5afMmdsP3B6Q255TnefWm6dZHqdhXV8UnN+WXeeSnF9VnWEW4GKZYKcEQcJXIGdbo+ddZagAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
— lovingly converted from RHTF by makepost
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0804

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:30 am UTC

LONGSHIPS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

iHqXjn6hk4qjioOce3OJh3mIeWyFd2p4jYahZltrj32ScGd0Y1ZeU0xX0cnV39nju6-Dw7nJdXiccnuyc4ikbHWxZG+pam2Mk4acgW53ZHmdm5KpppyyrqS1l5WzV4GgdYafb3mtUlVpT3Who5isaYOgUluHZG6elIKMh4yVZXekRD1H7ejvXHSitam7Vm6ILzhJFjpFOVFkFSw1Gk5T-v3+TUxWL1RaKV5iTGuGM2VtOml0Rm16xb27JiszRmJtVmp8Z3SMWm2ghHR8oZSYLGJoWXaeT3KBXYGdTnF+VXOEUnF+EywzWm6eXYCLZoOdEQcJTnWfbo+cd5afAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:53 am UTC

It looks like Tallbean is going to make it! I sort of wonder if he's also Brokenbean from t1i which would be unfortunate. Brokenbean was a tall Beanie too, I think. (Now that Madnesstime is over I have a sea of ketchup to do including hopefully past t-1 speculation on the way...)

Since the decree is still in effect I'll pick 3 more molpish OTT things:

1) Trying to blitz the Rosetta's castle newpix while being a bridesmaid at the same Time
2) The memorial period after T** **d, which was filled with flutterbeewingish art and ottifications
3) All of the various Time After Time stories which have given us new things to Wait for
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 am UTC

rezilibaniatsuS wrote:However they are virtually unusable for me ATM.
Here's a screenshot (spoilered for seaishness):
Spoiler:
Am I the only one with that problem?

Problem solved. Details:
Spoiler:
I'm using a custom CSS to open all spoilers for me. As the result of the migration, the OTT's CSS changed, so my raptorish hack now causes some mustard.
As long as this problem and the madness persist, I'll exile myself to the ЯOЯЯIM. (A molpish place, BTW. :) )

Since this might be useful for others, too, here is my new Spoiler-Opening <computery stuff>.
Spoiler:
Mozilla Firefox allows to put custom CSS in the file
~/.mozilla/firefox/<unique stuff>.default/chrome/userContent.css.

I used this

@-moz-document domain(forums.xkcd.com)
{
  div
  {
    display: block ! important;
  }
}
to open all spoilers for me.

After the migration I had to change it to:

@-moz-document domain(forums.xkcd.com)
{
  div.quotecontent > div
  {
    display: block ! important;
  }
}
And now it works again. :)

ETA:
BlitzGirl wrote:
All sieves can now be MANUALLY turned off in your display view.
[…]
(Thanks to slinches for pointing this out.)

Yeah! :) :) :)
Thanks!
(Sorry, but I'm totally with mscha.)

ETA2:
BlitzGirl wrote:In other news, the Reckoning is officially over (according to the announcement thread).

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm switching back to my regular account.
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

ggh

Postby ggh » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:13 am UTC

I am losing hope that TallBean is holding HammockGirl Titanic-like in the water.
Now I'm just most urgently hoping that they're not having a Captains Courageous moment.
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0805

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:30 am UTC

INCONGRUOUSLY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

jH6hh3mXjYWhcVZdeWyGdGdygFpfhVxnhXaIa2R4il9xiGd2koWbi3WOa1tqdHe4eIG1iom6bG6zioOddXmcbHSzeGp5e3KKVFZpc26dgnF+pIyYtay4qJyzxLrKwbC5cnWzlIqknJKqo5et1M-ZVFuJdoaeraK3sqa8XoGeZXWkZ2yHuKvDVEtYY26oTnOeVnGEUnB-aHKMi4yWcIyXaYOeZXedXXOiT2WgoJ7BY2ydXG2hRDxKMDdJTEpWSmt7FjlFL1NaNFtpVG2FKlxkTm2C8vD0FCszO2ZzJCozeJWeWXadGk1TP1qGUm1+WWyeNGJtT3CBLmBqEAcJT26e.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

ggh

Re: Time After Time: t-1_0806

Postby ggh » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:24 am UTC

CONGEALING...

ENHANCE!

So, do we have a working mirror right now?
Agatha the Awesomeful

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:37 am UTC

Finally, some perspective in the ENHANCEd pix...
Looks like the dam is being built around here:
Approximately the narrowest part of the Strait. (Not quite, though, the north end could be a bit more to the east.)

Also, it's now pretty much certain what we suspected for a while: the t-1 TaT story is simultaneously telling the story of the building of the dam (hidden) and its destruction just before Time.

ETA:
ggh wrote:So, do we have a working mirror right now?

Spoiler:

ETA2:
ggh wrote:I am losing hope that TallBean is holding HammockGirl Titanic-like in the water.

If so, the question is, isn't there room for two on the Beanie raftcastle?
(In any case, I'm sure the risk of hypothermia is a bit lower near Gibraltar...)
List¹ of all Frames of Time and after Time.
New here? Questions? Check the wiki.
Don't worry, feed molpies⁴.
Holy Croce
Default footnotes; standard OTT-np2166m 1.2:
Spoiler:

BlitzGirl

Silenttest

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:00 am UTC

It looks like the ЯOЯЯIM TTO is doing fine for reading purposes, but I notice that there's a post by rezilibaniatsuS still in the Mustardtime Otherthread so perhaps posting is a problem? I'm going to send this message through the Silent Chronotransponder just to see how that's working. (I assume it's okay since it's ONGing... I mostly want to see if I remember how it works after all this Time!)
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0807

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 am UTC

ONGAIN...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

iZPmiYXNh3qqhHaYgm6Te3KMemyWd3eafYnZiormeWqIaWmHdna4bGN8FxUbJDlHhXOKRjxKkoatg3nIl4nmh4acmZLnoI3nopXnk37jjnzhaVx2gmyHe3bDc3atd2V7VEpYZGudhnnTc265f4C8loiod1lvZ1dqdoadbGyzUFduo5G5g1+Cgldte1Rlck1cgmN9ZF6YeG-DbHSzW3GkZ3KlZGylWl6dUV6gTmqcbIOdUmZ9TmGgZ3WdSkdVS2h1aHSMWnObVWaGTWSGLk5aXWmhT1yRM1hqS2N6FCkyPmB0NVlrGUhTWWidPV+Wa4OLUHGaepOdAAAAAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:59 am UTC

For decree:

1) Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy
2) Molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy molpy
3) Grapevine grapevine
He/Him/His Image

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:13 pm UTC

ENHANCE!

(Yes, I think she's still holding on ... and in contrast with you-kno-who, she's gonna make it.)

ETA: still floatONG

Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

e4bnfpHng3WZd3aZeHGOgW6UiHqqeXrneGiIc3SsdnW4aVt3eG-Ee3HniXrllX7jmYnmoYznmpPno5XnfIPPg3nIgmyJa2J9emuVgYecamaGUl2gfHfDdWN8hnnSf4C9iITOPVqRiInmdF13SkVVbGuzLUtaW3CqV1NsZGqcVWOGbHSziZTnbYOcbV6DZ3SdVElZc225doecZWulZ1RqkoOsJThIRzxLgF6ESl2aFSk0TV2HYl+gGBggXWehZF6depGceVJod05igVZwaHKmb0pcUmN9WXOOR113TGJ7WV2dNlZrWWecTWacM1VqTGGGGUZTWXF+WnKbAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0809

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:30 pm UTC

CONGEED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

eIbnbXXmdnjndnW4g3WZemqWfIPTgW2UdGF9eGiJiHqlc224eWzninjliInmmpPnsq7nwrrnpZTnmYnmhGznln3koH-loornsZfniIXOfHfEg3nIdnGOeHWZeG-FiZTnf4C+gmuLioWoZV2caHSdfpHnanGob3SwWmisWWacUVyhbWuzhnu1gV+AVWOGdYeciXrbPV2bbYOcamF9U12Jalp3VlRuSkRUa2WFRjxLS1yaJzhJVEhYalJqGiItS12GdU1kN1Rrc115M1JpbUhcWFydSVx4ZGqcKUpbbl6GXmahZWqle5GcgFd0UmJ9VGmRN0ZVGkRUTWF8S2SbAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm UTC

So much mustard lately, and I kept forgetting to bookmark the mirror. (Yeah, I could have googled it, but I didn't - but I've got it saved now in case this happens again)

And footnotes are broken - what a shame. I'm tempted to go on strike until they're fixed, but I don't think it would make much difference, and I couldn't stay away (on purpose, that is) anyway.

I guess I could just panic, or get more creative instead, or just murder people, but that sounds like a lot of working out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --- When they're all baseline, they look like part of the sentance, and make things more interesting...
I hope this doesn't put me on a(nother?) watch list --- Creativity is fun, I just wish I had more timeand space for it
See, they're not all bad --- 1190 (duh)
Is that a new type of ong? --- Which is what I'm trying to avoid by posting here
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:15 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:So much mustard lately, and I kept forgetting to bookmark the mirror. (Yeah, I could have googled it, but I didn't - but I've got it saved now in case this happens again)

And footnotes are broken - what a shame. I'm tempted to go on strike until they're fixed, but I don't think it would make much difference, and I couldn't stay away (on purpose, that is) anyway.

I guess I could just panic, or get more creative instead, or just murder people, but that sounds like a lot of working out.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --- When they're all baseline, they look like part of the sentance, and make things more interesting...
I hope this doesn't put me on a(nother?) watch list --- Creativity is fun, I just wish I had more timeand space for it
See, they're not all bad --- 1190 (duh)
Is that a new type of ong? --- Which is what I'm trying to avoid by posting here

If you ever lose the bookmark, there is a handy redirect to the mirror at mirror.chirpingmustard.com.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0810

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:30 pm UTC

LONGLEGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

eIXnbHfleG-GgnWZdnGOgWuMhnmqbG7ldnjnh4nnmpPnq6fnp5TnmYnminfmeWvnhmrnk2vnlnvloX3no4nnspnnwbnneoPWeGeIeHWZiJXndGF+fHbEhoWodnW4eo3niIbObWqzcHOvfYK7hXjRUWajanGoa2WEcoicaHSddoecPVyVZWqlg3nIc224WWWcgW6VeWqWTVqhgVh3cl16U12IaVJrVlRuamF+VUhZVF2hSl2HSkRURzxMQDU-alp3HiYyS1yab16IMlBoN0ZVZWqcKDhIdUxkbUhcXmahZVycV3B-U2F9OFRrSVx3KUlbU2OIWFudGkRUTmF8SWKa.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:59 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:OMR! BlitzGirl is back! Rejoice!

Ditto, hope I didn't miss you, as I stayed away completely.

And my ketchup is complete. So much ketchup.

My top three

OTTers

OTTifications

Revealers the Recent

So much happening. Here, and Outside.

My tub drain went Zanclean, but it got fixed. But fixing it broke the tub. But that got fixed. But that broke the walls. That still isn't fixed.
Landlord didn't like my attitude. Landlord is going to not like other stuff if I don't get a working shower soon.

In other news, I have a new grand-wolpy. I shall call it Tiny Grand Wolpy. Even though I don't expect she'll stay tiny.

LW has arthritis, which is better than some things it could have been. Trying some things to make him hurt less.

Holding my breath, but I think the house is sold, and we can begin work on finding a new house.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:00 pm UTC

Hi SBN! :D You didn't miss me! Sorry to hear about the Zanclean drain and all that followed, that sounds unmolpish.

Febrion wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA --- When they're all baseline, they look like part of the sentance, and make things more interesting...

Rather unfortunate considering how many times the tags have been used throughout the history of the OTT. It's a problem for blitzer readability.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0811

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:30 pm UTC

PLONGENCY...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

dXjlh4nneYXmbG7ka3flfHbEgnWZeGeIhXmqeWvniXbmmYnmmpPnp5Xnsabnl3rll2nnpHLnpInnsI7nsprnwLHnd3LMe4PWinvXdnW4h2rnkKPmhoaogW2SeXWZdGF+hpXniYfPcHOwanGoSmahgV+BaHSdfI-ndoicbWuybGaFc4icZWqlZWqdcl16PlyZWmSbgFp6eWqXTFqhaFJrU12Ic224VVRualp3VUhZU2F9amF+SkRURzxNVF2hQDU-Sl2HNVJqg3rHISk1bl2GSlybKTlJbEhcLEhZZV2cdUxkXWWhZl6hSVt3UWOIWFudGkNUTmF8SGKZAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

karhell

Postby karhell » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:37 pm UTC

I don't know what's going on in the HiddenONG sky, but it's pretty.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
ColletArrow, katakissa, iskinner, thunk, GnomeAnne, Quantized, and any other Blitzers, have fun on your journey!

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0812

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:30 pm UTC

SPRONGBOK...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

hXrXiHbmdnjlhonnl3nlgW2TgnWZhXmrh2rnmGjnp3HmpYrntojmsprnwX3mmornsqTnwqbnp5XndILbeWvmmpPnj6LmdnjWg3nIiIfPeYbmhYWqd2eIfXfDdnW4enWZbG7la3blc224b3CxdGF+R2WhhpXnS1uhZV2cfJTmPl+gg1+AfYG8anGoc4icZ3SdXWWieWqXWWSbbGaFKUhaU12HSlt3b16JamF+ZGqdalp3blBoVE9oSl2GVUhZPVycSkRUNlJpRzxLLzhJcl16Iig0GzxMbEhcVFx5SlybNkVVgFl4V1udZmulU2F9VF2hUWOIG0NVTmB8SWKYAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mrob27

THERE'S NO CRYING IN CASSINI-MADAGASCAR

Postby mrob27 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:33 pm UTC

Febrion wrote:I guess I could just panic, or get more creative instead, or just murder people, but that sounds like a lot of working out.

If you use my stylesheet (at mrob.com/time/scripts-beta/xkcd-forums-clean-theme.user.css.txt ), or the similar one by AluisioASG upon which it is based, just add this to the beginning:

sub { vertical-align: sub !important; }
 sup { vertical-align: super !important; }

Anyone who is in charge of a ЯОЯЯІМ, Zanclean Contingency or Mustardtime server, may make a similar change to their CSS file(s). If you inherited this server's CSS you could look for the actual problem I described recently and fix it in a more direct way.

karhell wrote:I don't know what's going on in the HiddenONG sky, but it's pretty.

PredictiONG:

Spoiler:
t-1-0811-remap-BG.png
a prediction
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0813

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:30 pm UTC

RELENTONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

d3zahHrOiHfliInPhonnl3jmpXjmmornpYrnhXmrgnWYmGjns3Pgtojkw5-mw3zlq2zmqJXnsprnsqTndnjleIblh2rnmpPndIbcppHfj6LmeWvmgW2SenbHdGF+d2eIenWYhoWubG7la3bldnW4fIO6cG+zhpfmRmWhe5PkSluhZl2ccl16PmCfaHSdanGoZmuldYiceWqXZGqdgVd1bGaFS0RUNkZWU12Hb12Jalp3XGWjVUhZVE9oV1udPV2aSlt3Sl2GRz1GamF+NlFpLjlJGCMtblBnU2F9SGOYbUhcHUVYVF2hTmF8WWSbVFx5UGKIKEhaSlybAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:42 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
IMPORTANT RECKONING MESSAGE

All sieves can now be MANUALLY turned off in your display view.
Click on your name in the upper right corner, go to the User Control Panel.
Go to the Board Preferences tab, click on Edit display options.
For the option Enable word censoring:, select No.

(Thanks to slinches for pointing this out.)

I guess this isn't something we can set and forget, as I don't seem to have that option.

Also, wasn't there something about making my time zone know when I spring forward/fall back? I can't find that either.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time

Sustainabilizer

Postby Sustainabilizer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:14 pm UTC

SBN wrote:I guess this isn't something we can set and forget, as I don't seem to have that option.

The option has dissappeared. :(

SBN wrote:Also, wasn't there something about making my time zone know when I spring forward/fall back? I can't find that either.

Board preferences --> Edit global settings --> My timezone
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!
Help for addams completed successfully. Thanks!

SBN
Saved

Postby SBN » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:23 pm UTC

Sustainabilizer wrote:The option has dissappeared. :(

Hoping it comes back when Madness is near.
Sustainabilizer wrote:
Board preferences --> Edit global settings --> My timezone

Thanks. Not sure if I have it right, I guess I'll find out in the fall.

Some Ways to Time

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0814

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:30 pm UTC

AUTOCHONGERS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

dofbd3zaiInRhXvQeIblhonndnjliHflmHfmmornhXmqpYvnpnjmrWvitofkxJrlw3zlq2zmmGjnp5XnsprnsqTnqo-eenjHh2rnjqPlmZPngnWYgW2SeWvnhoWwd2eIenSYbG7la3fldo3ch5fmcHGycoWcdGF+SGaidnW4fJTkPl+faHSdanGpeWqXXGWjcl16WWSbbGaFblBnamF+TEVTgFNxU2F9alp3VFVvVUhZSGOYPV2bSDxLSlt3RkA0NVFoNEZXb16IFyYtKEhbCAwRSluhSlybZmylKDlIZWqdVF2iS12HZV2cbEhcWFudUGOJTmF8HEZYAAAAAAAA.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Time Randomly Revisited - np2074

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:00 pm UTC

ESTRONGHELOS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by AnotherKevin.)

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:PUT OTW ON HEAD

-- posted by randompixbot

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Re: Time Randomly Revisited - np2074

Postby lmjb1964 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:27 pm UTC

AH, AnotherKevin! Nice to see xis name again.
What the effing ch*rp is going on in the HiddenONGs? Was there some sort of weird celestial or nuclear event that made the sky do that, and also got rid of most of the people? Maybe the people had set the bots in motion to build the wall, but then that thing happened and most (but not all) of the people were gone. The bots kept plugging away as they had been programmed to do, building the wall. Meanwhile, the radiation from whatever it was that happened made the surviving people mutate into stick figures, and eventually destroyed .5D of the existing world. Thus begins Time.

I admit, it doesn't look good for ShortBean. :( I haven't read Captains Courageous. Guess I should do that one day.

mscha wrote:ENHANCE!

:azule:

Thanks for the destruction animation. It was much more *ndish animated. :(

Awesomeful predition, mrob!

SBN, good luck with the house and landlord m*stard, and good luck finding a new place.

For decree:
I like HES's answer. :) But here are mine:
1) OTTerCon 2015
2) The Time right after Th* *nd. There was much *ndishness, but also an outpouring of molpishness as OTTers talked about how much the OTT meant to them.
3) OTTers!

I hadn't thought about how the lack of footnote tags would make it hard for blitzers. Very steambottle. Speaking of blitzers, is Gingercat in fact in the present?

You helped Addams stay in her home, and gave her a better life. She thanks you, and so do I.
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

Time After Time: t-1_0815

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:30 pm UTC

LONGUED...
Spoiler:
Wait for it again.
Spoiler:
Original filename:

eIfZe3zQhYXaiJjlh4nmhnzPmHjmmovmpnjmhoWwporntobkiHbmunvfxpHlwnzlq2-mmGznp5bns5rntaTnraXniIvQpJTdfJLahnqreoblmpTncHbmkKXlbnSxg3aYd3flgW2Qh2vnd4WefJTkW3GieGmHeXSZSmSiYl6gdne2VV6hTV+jdGJ9gVdycnWsanKmPVyGS2eYVFZtcGqIeGqZTmaMVWSFbVZtalt2VGJ8VktZTklTSUY2TF6NSlx1RzxCKy4yNFBlL0lZWGOiHx4hZ22jHSoxZmmda2J9a01dd1JoOFNnJjtGZF6cV2WaaXWeTmF7H0FPW16eHBsd.png
ENHANCE!
-- posted by newpixbot

mscha

Postby mscha » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:34 pm UTC

Antares supernova?
(Or simply lens flare from the sun?)
Holy Croce
Spoiler:

HES

Postby HES » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:43 pm UTC

The earth's tilt is different and time is progressing super fast?

ETA: *dons hat* ...ahh, much better.
He/Him/His Image

Link

YAPPOCISION IS OTTISH. 7 OTTERS IN A BAR? NOT SO MUCH.

Postby Link » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:17 pm UTC

HES wrote:The earth's tilt is different and time is progressing super fast?

ETA: *dons hat* ...ahh, much better.
Looks like it. Just look at the speed at which vegetation appears to be growing on the dam!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”