1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Valarya

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby Valarya » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 pm UTC

HES wrote:It's Val! Hi Val! Image

HES! Image
---
edit: OMR you xuys I can't even remember the last time I accidentally pope'd. Image At least 1,000+ newpages ago!

DECREE: cupcake related things. pics, emotes, haikus, double dactyls!
Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Febrion
Location: Halfway between where I was, and where I will be, assuming constant velocity

Postby Febrion » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:08 pm UTC

Delicious frosting
Eating heresy
In my comfy chair

I cried when I saw
My cupcake has a big hole
Oh, it's a donut

Why am I posting
I'm supposed to be working
But now I'm hungry

*EDIT* I can't count
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

ucim

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:58 pm UTC

Valarya wrote:We're weird, right? (see wut I did thar)
Ooo! Valarya! A Holy Visitation! (see wut I alzo did thar?)
And thar?conjunction

here'spoetry4 the decree.
2 Valarya's donuts!IC:
transistorscomply with a poem that's no lie
and joy to the whole OTT.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction

BlitzGirl
Location: In the Garden. (Ketchup 1633-50, 1879-86, 2116-32, 2224-6, 54-9, 95-2320, 32-47 61-2447)

Re: Re:

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:40 pm UTC

Squee, it's Val! So awesomeful to see you!
Now I'm looking forward to a cupcakeful newpage! Image

Febrion wrote:p.p.p.p.s. I've seen that image [donut with a candym punsaw] somewhere - its driving me crazyYarr!

I think it's from the movie "Wreck-It Ralph" based on the context where I found the picture, but I haven't seen that one so I'm not sure.

Febrion wrote:I cried when I saw
My cupcake has a big hole
Oh, it's a donut

Image Neat poem!

*eyes Jose's poem suspiciously* That seems fairly punny!
I know Val already found some donutcupcakes, but I brought some more because Valpope:

Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np975

Postby mscha » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

NAETHUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:SREEE AUFMOLPING IS THE LATEST SINGLE OFF OF THE NEWEST VHF ALBUM

-- posted by oldpixbot

thunk

9: Past Etobico--UNG...

Postby thunk » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:43 pm UTC

Keele Street 3 NP
Dufferin Street 5 NP
Yorkdale Road 5 NP

Well then, given that it's time for the latest update on my journey:

Newpages On Odometer: 377/2475 (15.23%)
Dips on Dashboard: 4.64 (*yawn*)

Spoiler:
There honestly doesn't seem like that much to report for this section. Comic-wise, Cuegan have erected the next level of their Structure, and have begun tinkering and building the Castle MeganStein on top of the Four-Cornered Atmospheric Day Time Cube. They seem to forget that sand is heavy. And that tide waits for no stick figure.

Religiously, the continued absence of our beloved Pontifex Maximus, Helper I, has forced the OTTers to establish the vaunted Pope-for-a-Page policy, which has gone on to some success, though it was initially disbanded by mscha, then immediately restored. In a lovely coincidence, the current pontiff Valeria was also one of the first to benefit from that, which we at thunk Aerospace thank you for. Buffygirl also cements her role as the perfect Milliner, and awards headgear to various people.

The Book of Time starts getting pages written, and it looks interesting. Though from what present-me tells me, it stopped getting written at some point :(

Blitzgirl's Quest continues and gets increasingly self-referential, as she congratulates her followers and stoops to conquer---er, I mean, pick up various Regnal Titles. Though we approacheth the Glorious Arrival. Eth. Vytron also erects their second signpost, and we congratulate them as well.

I also accept the position of Archbishop of the Past, given by one of the well-wishers. Thank you.

Literary references abound, including to Percy Shelley (good job), and one Whistle of Temporal Harmony is purloined throughout time. Hamaker constants for various surfaces are also calculated. Today, I'm one of the 10000.

Also, to whoever thought of posting Messaien, they ninjaed my idea. Congratulations.

Puns. ah, the puns. Also the rot13 stuff slowed me down a but, but not that much--and to whoever posted the not-rot-13, I interpreted their stuff as written. You see, I'm a molniya-literalist. I also prefer Preferans to Bridge, but I don't know how to play either.

mscha posted NewpixBot, which debuted amid controversy, but has now taken its place among the core elements of the OTT. Thank you. By the way, the best ONG was KoshkonONG-- never been to that place in particular, but that region of southeastern Cheeselen is a very good place to relax. There are a lot of good names in that state, which will figure into my later recounting of How I Went Through Time.

Now,
(400) NORTH/NORD
Barrie

SilentTimer

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-0989

Postby SilentTimer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:00 pm UTC

I FIND YOUR LACK OF WHEELSTICKS DISTURBUNG -- ongomome
Spoiler:
LOOK OUT!

Did you notice …
… the wings?
Spoiler:
This way to show signs of radioactivity was one of the first ideas for t1i.
-- posted by SilentBot Image
Image Did you like xkcd Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i, a Time After Time story. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

Error 503? Images don't work? Other problems? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!

To Rakhal and all Blitzers: Randalspeed on your Blitz!

ucim

Re: 1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np975

Postby ucim » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 pm UTC

mscha wrote:
AUTOMOME wrote:SREEE AUFMOLPING IS THE LATEST SINGLE OFF OF THE NEWEST VHF ALBUM

-- posted by oldpixbot
That's it. Automome has attained sentience. The SingulariOTT has arrived.

SilentTimer - is that also the "definition" of the wiggly lines?

And to BlitzGirl - our first and only BlitzGirl the First - Happy Blitzversary! Today is 8 Departure - the dix of your Glorious Arrival! It cannot go uncelebrated~
Spoiler:
Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:56 pm UTC

Spoiler:
Stopping by

Spoiler:
With little cakes,

Spoiler:
Spreading joy

Spoiler:
Each time she bakes.

Spoiler:
Hi, Valarya!

And Keiryn made an appearance on the Facebug group! Balthawiz, I know there's a way to get those posts onto the OTT, but I don't remember how. :( (And I don't have Time to look it up right now--sorry I'm a slacker!)

Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np981

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:10 am UTC

UNGRATE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by mscha.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:THE UNG STOPS HERE

-- posted by oldpixbot

BlitzGirl
Location: In the Garden. (Ketchup 1633-50, 1879-86, 2116-32, 2224-6, 54-9, 95-2320, 32-47 61-2447)

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:06 am UTC

AUTOMOME is sure on a roll lately... *eyes it suspiciously*

ucim wrote:And to BlitzGirl - our first and only BlitzGirl the First - Happy Blitzversary! Today is 8 Departure - the dix of your Glorious Arrival! It cannot go uncelebrated~
Spoiler:

Aww, thank you Jose! Baobabs, my blitzversary has been three yips gone now. I love the cake! Image

For decree:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

#10: Off by 37 degrees anticlockwise

Postby thunk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:15 am UTC

Greetings everyone, from the past!

I continued blitzing today, but was beset by some ch*rping atmospheric mustard.

Nevertheless, my progress is as below:

413/2475 wugs zonged (16.69%)
4.88 dips elapsed (1.33 slower than taixzo)

Spoiler:
Cuegan continue to build the Next Level of their castle, but the sea keeps inexorably rising. After some wistful discussion, they decide to pack their bags and leave for Parts Unknown, leaving their great work behind. It's a sad moment, but one that is tempered by the arrival of LaPetite, which future thunk tells me is our Chekhov's footsoldier. Thus begins the great Fading.

Religion discussion settled down as the leader of the newpages was agreed upon to be the temporary Pontiff. Probably a good idea.

BlitzGirl continued her epic blitz, and discussion about her travels reached a fever pitch, with charts and graphs and predictions about the expected time of Arrival, and even a Surprise Party! Which brings me to congratulate now-BG on the third anniversary of past-BG's Glorious Entrance into the then-present. You have been an inspiration to us all, and without you, my journey would not have been possible.

There was also the Imperpetuate Rest Stop (a dark omen to us travellers), RSA encryption (nope. just nope), and very long Haiku (which I skipped, as they a) weren't real Haiku anyway--it's 17 morae, not syllables, and you need some season word and/or reference to Medieval Japanese Literature, and b)were composed of text I already read.) There was also random pronouncements about the lack of triphthongs in English, the infamous Cassinite Heresy (more on that in a few wips), and le Petit Prince, among other things.

Whatever. These logs are getting less riverish, and I have much more Time to read. Auf Wiedersehen!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:17 am UTC

thunk wrote: Which brings me to congratulate now-BG on the third anniversary of past-BG's Glorious Entrance into the then-present. You have been an inspiration to us all, and without you, my journey would not have been possible.

Thank you, thunk! I continue to be impressed by those who set out to read it all, so long after t** **d. I'm happy to have inspired you and some others, though I'm willing to bet other blitzers would have been the inspiration in my absence -- I was just in the right place at the right Time to get the phenomenon named after me! Had the OTC come along three yips later we would probably be encouraging on our faithful thunkers, admiring their thunking from the Present. :)

For decree:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

thunk

Postby thunk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:30 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote: though I'm willing to bet other blitzers would have been the inspiration in my absence -- I was just in the right place at the right Time to get the phenomenon named after me! Had the OTC come along three yips later we would probably be encouraging on our faithful thunkers, admiring their thunking from the Present. :)

Don't understate your importance, BlitzGirl. First of all, being at the right place, at the right time is 90% of the work.

As Blaise Pascal said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."

Secondly, "thunking" doesn't sound nearly as good.

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:42 am UTC

thunk wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote: though I'm willing to bet other blitzers would have been the inspiration in my absence -- I was just in the right place at the right Time to get the phenomenon named after me! Had the OTC come along three yips later we would probably be encouraging on our faithful thunkers, admiring their thunking from the Present. :)

Don't understate your importance, BlitzGirl. First of all, being at the right place, at the right time is 90% of the work.

As Blaise Pascal said, "Chance favors the prepared mind."

Secondly, "thunking" doesn't sound nearly as good.

"thunking" sounds fun.

ZoomanSP wrote:
Valarya wrote:
ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
slinches wrote:
Link wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ucim wrote:
Febrion wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
ggh wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ergman wrote:we're still here! weird, right?
We're still weird here, right?
We're still right here, weird...
Here, we're still right weird.
Weird, we're still right here.
Right here, we're still weirdyay.
Right. Weird, here we're still.why
Here, we're right. Weird still.
Right. We're still here. Weird.ε
Still here, right? We're weird.
We're still right weird here.
We're right, still weird here!
Still, we're weird right here.
Right, we're weird: still here!
We're still. Right here? Weird!
We're here! Right, still weird.
Here, we're still weird, right?
We're still here, right? Weird!
Still right. Weird we're here!
Right, we're here! (Still weird.)
Still weird: we're right here!
Here, weird we're still right!
still here!! We're weird, right?
We're here. Weird? Still, right.

Right, weird we're still here.
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to thunk, Rakhal, iskinner, Maugrim and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:02 am UTC

Oh, is the chain still going? In that case:

taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
Valarya wrote:
ucim wrote:
Eternal Density wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
mscha wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
slinches wrote:
Link wrote:
taixzo wrote:
ucim wrote:
Febrion wrote:
AluisioASG wrote:
ggh wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:
lmjb1964 wrote:
ergman wrote:we're still here! weird, right?
We're still weird here, right?
We're still right here, weird...
Here, we're still right weird.
Weird, we're still right here.
Right here, we're still weirdyay.
Right. Weird, here we're still.why
Here, we're right. Weird still.
Right. We're still here. Weird.ε
Still here, right? We're weird.
We're still right weird here.
We're right, still weird here!
Still, we're weird right here.
Right, we're weird: still here!
We're still. Right here? Weird!
We're here! Right, still weird.
Here, we're still weird, right?
We're still here, right? Weird!
Still right. Weird we're here!
Right, we're here! (Still weird.)
Still weird: we're right here!
Here, weird we're still right!
still here!! We're weird, right?
We're here. Weird? Still, right.
Right, weird we're still here.
Still here. We're right weird.

Agh no, the first quote box has been bumped to two lines in my view now!

taixzo wrote:
thunk wrote:Secondly, "thunking" doesn't sound nearly as good.

"thunking" sounds fun.

I agree! Thunkifications, thunkcastles, all fun to say. :)

For decree, a thunkcake:

Spoiler:
Image<-Blog
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np985

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:10 am UTC

PLATTUNGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Ximenez.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:WHAT ARE MOLPIES? WE JUST DON'T KNOW.

-- posted by oldpixbot

ucim

Postby ucim » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:14 am UTC

Chapter 52

By and by, ggh woke up from her trance to find The Pope and Second Scribe excitedly pouring over the scroll and discussing the lines and labels. And the symbols. And of course, the things. It still wasn't clear whether the scroll was from the past or from the future, and a brief discussion as to whether it was perhaps timeless was met with a huge roar of "Heresy!", which came from nowhere. Somehow, that didn't seem out of place. In any case, the scroll described a faraway place in another Time, where devices moved by themselves, immersed themselves in a seaish sea, and made an appropriately seaish wall out of... well, they couldn't quite figure that out. Now that they knew what they were looking at however, the resemblance of a few of these mysterious things to a blitzrocket was actually quite remarkable. On a hunch, the Pope had peered closely at each of the drawings until he found what he was looking for. It wasn't easy, because the Pope's eyesight wasn't all that great any more, but when he found it, The Pope triumphantly pointed it out to Second Scribe.

"There. Right there - look closely and tell me what you see", said The Pope.

Second Scribe described some of the decorations on what, for lack of a better term, they began to call clambots.

"Yes, the cross-shaped one", said The Pope. "Does that remind you of anything?"

Second Scribe's reaction as she realized what she was looking at was indescribable.
Spoiler:
It was like realizing that the person you'd been telling fart jokes to in the hallway as you waited for an interview was in fact the High Council for the position you were seeking. There was no question about it; this was an early version of the medallion of fire that was on taixzo's BlitzRocket. It was taixzo that authored the scroll, faithfully recording these events from long ago, and from the future. Realizing this, she now knew where else she'd seen that emblem - on the barely legible scrolls that were rescued from the rising sea when they were trying to solve the mystery of macraw83. That seemed so long ago!

Catching both of them by surprise came ggh's voice saying, "You figured it out!"

The Pope replied, "Yes, after you told us the answer. But we still can't actually read anything."

With a look of surprise, ggh leaned over them and started effortlessly reading the labels as the Pope just sat back in awe. He knew she was good, but never realized just how far her skills went. Second Scribe and ggh got into a very animated discussion about the shapes of the letters and the evolution of the script, and the Ongs passed without notice. Second Scribe thought that now she could probably decypher the scrolls she had recovered from the sea, but The Pope was pondering something else. Mighty Engines, missing people, it was all starting to come together in his mind. This is where BlitzGirl was. First Cleric had found more than he had bargained for.

Through the window the sunrise was spectacular, and The Pope went over to it to enjoy its radience. The window looked out on a little-used meadow, but despite that, it was filling with people for the upcoming... and with that thought the Pope froze.

"What dix is it todip?", asked The Pope.

"10 Innocence", replied ggh.

A seaish amount of time had vanished, and the Pope had completely missed the Stations of the Ong! In fact, over a full wip had gone by while they were all engrossed with the scrolls! He looked out the window again, and there were twice as many people gathering, and more could be seen coming over the horizon. Momentarily ggh came up behind The Pope and looked out the window with him. "Now will Gingercat arrive", said ggh. "This dix. But as you know, there is another."

Things were moving way too raptorially. Bidding a quick farewell, The Pope and Second Scribe rushed out to prepare for the upcoming canonization... if only the Pope could figure out who it was that was going to be canonized, and where they were. It wouldn't be the first time there was mustard, but at least First Cleric wasn't here to point this out.

Reaching the door to outside (not to be confused with Outside), they were greeted by a quantity of people that would make the sea itself feel small. It would be the longest blitz ever undertaken, exceeding by a factor of five the original Blitz of the first BlitzGirl, BlitzGirl the First. Everyone seemed to want to stop the Pope, greet him, and ask about the new arrivals, and the Pope blessed each and every one of them, while reminding them of the importance of following the First and Greatest Commandment.

It was almost nightfall before the bedraggled pair made it to the Great Cathedral.

Everything was in place, the Crystal Organ was prepared, the platform was erected on the steps of the Cathedral, and the clerecy was gathering in the Cathedral. Valarya was making wingish cupcakes, and this reminded The Pope and Second Scribe that they hadn't eaten for over a wip. They were so engrossed in the scrolls that they had forgotten totally! One and a half tables full of cupcakes were sacrificed in order to rectify this situation.

Actually, it didn't require all that many cupcakes, but The Pope always enjoyed talking to Valarya, and lately hadn't gotten much of a chance to do so. And the cupcakes were delicious. Second Scribe went off to prepare, and The Pope went into the Cathedral to prepare, and to get filled in on what had transpired in his absence.

Fifth Cleric was the first to see him, and was not surprised to learn why The Pope missed Gingercat's arrival earlier that dix. "You and Second Scribe again!", he exclaimed. "'tis no wonder! Ye missed the Stations as well!"

"It's not like that", The Pope protested. "There were very important findings we had to discover... and discoveries we had to find. And there were the scrolls with all the...things!"

"C'mon, we know yer sweet on 'er. I just kenna understand why 'tis not me she fancies!" Fifth Cleric wasn't going to let up.

"It wasn't her - it was ggh!", The Pope sputtered out, and then regretted. "I mean, Second Scribe was also with us." This wasn't sounding any better. By this time other clerics were gathering.

"ggh?", asked the Seventh Cleric. "She's not a scribe."

The Pope replied, "She's very good at what she does", and then noticed all the other clerics snickering.

At least the heralds weren't in earshot.
Jose
<-- previous (NP 2471) | table of contents (on xkcd wiki)

thunk

11: The Abyss of Birbs

Postby thunk » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:25 am UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
taixzo wrote:
thunk wrote:Secondly, "thunking" doesn't sound nearly as good.

"thunking" sounds fun.

I agree! Thunkifications, thunkcastles, all fun to say. :)

For decree, a thunkcake:

Wow. I'm seriously impressed. Thanks for the support; I'm glad you think so highly of me. Long time since I've done any work of note, so I think I can be proud of this.

I need to draw a cupcake for this thread, though it probably won't be very good. I think my raptors turn out better--they actually have proper Floof, unlike pretty much everything else you see in the media.

But now for the next part of my Hadith:

There is no time but Time, and Randall is its prophet.

448/2475 maqra memorized not actually (18.10%)
5.05 dips

Spoiler:
I am tired after posting three upd8s in one day, so I hope this one will be brief.

By now, you all know what happened to Cuegan and the forums during the Great Fading. Haiku! Commiseration! Newcomers stopping by to pay their respects to Lord Randall! Totally-not-lesbian expressions of admiration! Music, like the FADE theme in Britton's War Requiem...! My apparent ability to read untranslated Serbian!

I thank Earthling On Mars for their sigcouragement. It is pretty impressive how you managed to fit me in with so little advance notice. Also is that a pastel unicorn in your avatar?

Vytron reads furiously, and yet falls further behind with each passing frenzied comment. Their eSomewhere in there, BlitzGirl comes out of her Occultation, spurred on by panicked cries ahead. She arrives, as it should be, at the eleventh hour (UTC and metaphorically both), and rejoices for the Time and time remaining.

We all gather here, weep tears of joy, slowly eat our +1 Croissants of Deliciousness with our gardenfresh stonefruit and churnbutter between.

Then it happens.

White.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:10 am UTC

The blitzers are reading so fast!
how?
I wish I could.

thunking! :D
But, yes, "blitzing" not only was BlitzGirl the first blitzer but also the word is actually good for this purpose.
Last edited by balthasar_s on Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:10 am UTC, edited 1 time in total.
BTTBAA:969. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
(that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

addams

Re: #10: Off by 37 degrees anticlockwise

Postby addams » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:10 am UTC

thunk wrote:Greetings everyone, from the past!

I continued blitzing today, but was beset by some ch*rping atmospheric mustard.

oh, Thunk!
....you have scary air.

Be well on your journey.
May you never lose Wi-Fi.
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np989

Postby mscha » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:10 am UTC

FANDUNGLE...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
(Colorization by Whizbang.)

Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:MOMES DON'T GROW ON POPES.

-- posted by oldpixbot

Valarya

Re: 9: Past Etobico--UNG...

Postby Valarya » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:43 am UTC

thunk wrote:...the OTTers to establish the vaunted Pope-for-a-Page policy, which has gone on to some success, though it was initially disbanded by mscha, then immediately restored. In a lovely coincidence, the current pontiff Valeria was also one of the first to benefit from that, which we at thunk Aerospace thank you for.

Oh wowterful!!! :wink: That's quite a lovely coincidence for my slow creep out of the basement. I just tried to traverse the past to NP377 to find this steakish memory, but couldn't find it.

Ah well! Hello to everyone else who said hiiiii and treeish cupcakes. ♥

Caridnal of Cupcakes | Friaress of Frosting | Pope of Pocket Pastries
Occasional basement dweller.

Sustainabilizer

Re: 1190: "Time": There is a gas station behind the HiddenONGs!

Postby Sustainabilizer » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:50 am UTC

*jaw drops*

AOTC, Chapter 52 wrote:
Spoiler:
It was taixzo that authored the scroll, faithfully recording these events from long ago, and from the future.
Catching both of them by surprise came ggh's voice saying, "You figured it out!"

The Pope replied, "Yes, after you told us the answer."

In fact, AOTC, Act 3, scene 22 wrote:
The Pope wrote: The question - What is the right question?

The Pope leans in to hear the almost inaudible answer.

ggh wrote: Who?
The Pope wrote: Who then?
Spoiler:
Who is behind the scroll, and the mystery images?

The Pope and Second Scribe lean in again, to hear what ggh might say.

The Pope wrote: Who?

ggh answers once more and then slumps down, exhausted by her trance. The Pope looks quizzically at Second Scribe.

The Pope wrote: Texaco?
Second Scribe wrote: A gas station?
The Pope wrote: What's "gas"?

Blackout.

In any case: Congratulations! :) Steakish, Image!
Spoiler:
Both, 2d and 3d?

@ggh: How did you find out?
@ucim: Awesomeful revealing! I needed a long Time to get it. Holy waiting!
Confused about the OTT? See the Wiki!
Want more 1190: Time? Check out TimeAfterTime!
There is a MIRROR of the OTT, just in case.
Thanks for participating in my Scientific Conference and OTTer Meetup!Image
… and OTTerCönnchen!

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:57 am UTC

I added to the list (http://1190.bicyclesonthemoon.info/video/) the .zips with the original files for 4 of my videos. Two were posted before.
Additionally, here: http://rnk.bicyclesonthemoon.info/filmy/ can be found the original files for most of my other (not time related) videos. There are not only files that I used to make the films but also files that I ended up not using.
BTTBAA:969. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
(that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

Earthling on Mars
Location: The Present; haven't read NP1401-1429, NP1437-1452, NP1620-1642, NP1874-1889, NP2456-2459

Re: 11: The Abyss of Birbs

Postby Earthling on Mars » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:13 pm UTC

thunk wrote:I thank Earthling On Mars for their sigcouragement. It is pretty impressive how you managed to fit me in with so little advance notice.

You're welcome. :)

thunk wrote:Also is that a pastel unicorn in your avatar?

It's Marigold Heavenly Nostrils from Phoebe and Her Unicorn.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”