1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

taixzo

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby taixzo » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:08 am UTC

BEGINNING THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM FEBRUARY 2015

Wow, the OTTcon was amazing! And it made me think, about sustainability: the Thread was more active when the various Time After Time ONGs were happening. I don’t know if I could live up to those, though. Maybe I’ll think of something in a few yips.

END OF THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM FEBRUARY 2015

~*~ intermission ~*~

BEGINNING THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM JUNE 2015

Man, we still haven’t figured out those hashes. It would be cool if there was something hidden in Time, and the hashes were actually a key to it. Sort of steganography. But I don’t know if that’s feasible.

[skip a few days future-ward]

Whoa, balthasar_s has been hiding images in bftf! They use a clever trick with color palettes. And he has a tool to generate them, too! (I never actually found these sources. I ended up writing my own scripts.)

It occurs to me that Time, to a large extent (up to the night sky images, anyway), is largely a two-color artwork. If I added a 50% grey for smoothing edges, then if I used the hidden palette trick I could have up to 85 colors to work with. Based on what I know, this should be able to handle almost any full-color image with dithering.

Hmm. What if I had a black-and-white 2d story, with a hidden story in full color 3D? Perhaps make the black-and-white story fairly slow going to start out with, and then after a while someone will realize that there was a second story hidden underneath everything!

Just one question: what should the stories tell?

The t1i story takes place after time. I view it as canonical, so I don’t want any storyline that would run parallel to that and mess it up. I don’t want to follow Megan and Cue after t1i, either, in case SilentTimer has any plans for a continuation. So, I could put it before Time. But I am bad at writing convincing dialogue, especially in the style of someone else, and I would feel bad for putting words in the mouths of GLR’s characters.

So, it will be before Time. It will star people who know each other well enough not to need to talk much to accomplish things. The one thing we know that happened right before Time was that the Beanies were monitoring the Dam, that they tried to shore it up, and that it failed. That sounds like a story!

And as for the hidden pictures? They can show the building of the Dam! Such a thing would be a massive project, so it would be set sometime in the future, but not too long in the future so civilization has time to crumble and the Mediterranean can dry up afterwards. Let’s set it a thousand years in the future. I’d like to show people making the decisions about the construction of the Dam, but I am not very good at modeling people. Perhaps I will leave that later. What I need to make first is a setting: a 3d model of a city set in the year ~3000.

*downloads map of the Strait of Gibraltar*

*starts modelling*

Ok, cities are big. I’ve made a few buildings by hand, and if I continue at this rate I might just finish by the year 3000 itself. I need a shortcut.

The solution? Procedural things! I remember Blender has a “Greeble” function that adds little doodads onto things, which should be perfect for this.

*opens up Blender*

…What do you mean they took it out in Blender 2.5??

(I eventually found a rewrite, which didn’t work quite the same way.)

The buildings near the sea are all cut off, so I guess I need to clean them up manually.

I don’t want to have to draw all the windows or have something that visibly repeats, so let’s create a procedural texture for my buildings:

Now I just need to figure out the story to tell.

END OF THOUGHT TRANSMISSION FROM JULY 2015
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to thunk, Rakhal, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:15 am UTC

2500 WOOOOO!

[Blindpost=NP2337]

A second OTTerCon! And this one has IRC logs! Treeish! I think for right now I'll [spoiler] until the end of my Blitz to read them so I don't feel so rushed. Also, the behind-the-scenes for bftf is wingish - getting to see some of the process behind these Time-after-Time projects (t1i too) is really awesomeful!

Speaking of annoying Corrine with the IRC logs, I figured I'd give an update on my Blitz: I've been keeping a log of posts that contain images and links that are blocked by my MFFS, as well as posts that I want to reply to, and for a while I was catching up on them from my usual TA, but my Blitzing pace has been outpacing my image/link ketchup pace by a fair margin, so at this point I think I'll be just making quick Blindposts like this to mark my progress and give some measure of big events in the OTT as I'm Blitzing. Once I'm back in the Present for the first time in almost 2 yips I'll figure out what to do with this list of posts as I go through them properly as I have time.

Molpy on, y'all!
[/Blindpost]
In a comically tragic turn of events, Addams didn't die. You can help her here.

Does the basement ever end?

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:16 am UTC

ggh wrote:Speaking of stumbling though... I have stumbled in my faith. Does the Pope of the Holy Contradiction hear confessions?
Of course not. I'm listening. Step into my lab-or-a-to-ry er... vestibule.

balthasar_s wrote:I don't remember what TSSOP originally means but "TS" must be "terribly small"...
Soldering this IC is problematic.

Indeed - how do you solder something so riverish? I'm not sure a blowtorch has fine enough control, nor does a hot poker seem to be the best tool to use. I have a fine tip on my soldering iron; in theory I might be able to do it but in practice.... well, you know the difference between theory and practice.

addams wrote:....Monty Python?
What Monty Python?
Was there a Spanish Inquisition here somewhere? I didn't expect that.

lmjb1964 wrote:*And considering her previous avatar, also a deer friend.
I'll second that! Not that I'd want to buck the trend, or that I didn't want things to stagnate, but addams is just such a quintessential OTTer - I mean... d'oh!

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction

ggh

Postby ggh » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:38 am UTC

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

In mid-May, I stopped posting. I wasn't in the basement. I wasn't in the shed.
I was sitting thoughtfully in an enormous puddle of hubris.

After I may or may not have been written to solve Taixz, I thought, gee, I wonder how clever Jose wrote me? Did he overshoot? Did he write me clever enough to understand Beanish? Let's see....

So I stared at it. For three weeks.

There's a sound the coffee mug makes when you're washing it and you bump it against the sink just a little too hard - a dull-edged sound that you hear when the object in question can no longer ring out. Is there a name for that sound? Even if the mug looks fine, you know it's done. What's sad for the cup though, is such a beautiful sound when it comes from a puzzle. I kept turning Beanish over in my hands, finding little lines that looked like cracks, and bashing at them with whatever primitive chisels I had at hand.

Whatever that sound is called though, that's the sound I never heard looking at Beanish.

My ears are not worthy. How foolish I was; Beanish is big. How could I think I'd just wander up the mountain with a few Holy Texts under my arm and meditate for a while and come back down carrying a pair of tablets with the Beanish translation on them? What a cocky mustard I am! Did I not even read AotC? Was the holy chant said by one?

The OTT must solve Beanish. It is - it has always been - the OTT's birthright.

Do I still have a role in this, or will I be barred from the promised land for my arrogance? I will
Spoiler:
Wait for It
and see. And, humbly, if it should be thy will, I will take up the mantle I was written: I will try to ask the right questions. I will also ask a lot of wrong questions too - sorry about that.

My sins are seaish, Father. Is there an act of penance which might lift this weight from my soul?
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

ucim

Postby ucim » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:31 am UTC

ggh wrote:Forgive me Father for I have sinned.
We have all sinned. Even I myself have had to avail myself of the Comfy Chair and partake of the Sacrament of Purification. It is not a sin to have sinned.

ggh wrote:In mid-May, I stopped posting. I wasn't in the basement. I wasn't in the shed.
But you were quite missed. As you didn't disappear forever, the First Commandment was rewarded.

ggh wrote:I was sitting thoughtfully in an enormous puddle of hubris.
Well-earned pride, I might say instead. While it is true that too much pride leads one to fall from the sky in a rain of wax, not enough pride leads one not to try. It is our choice - to die once, or to die each dix that sees the sun rise.

ggh wrote:Did he write me clever enough to understand Beanish?
Aaaah. For that, Corinne must have irk upon her. The writing which will reveal has not yet been writ; it is at present entangled with itself.

ggh wrote:There's a sound[...] What's sad for the cup though, is such a beautiful sound when it comes from a puzzle. [...] Whatever that sound is called though, that's the sound I never heard looking at Beanish.

Beanish is like unto the sea. It does what it wants. The OTT is also like unto the sea, and to it we each are but tiny droplets; nothing next to the sea. But together, we make up the sea that is the OTT.

The sea can wear down even the greatest of rocks, given enough Time. We were given just over three thousand newpix. Is it enough? Given two points, can you find the plane that fits them? And if the sea wears down the rock, can you say which droplet it was that did so?

ggh wrote:Do I still have a role in this, or will I be barred from the promised land for my arrogance?
If no droplets dare to penetrate the crack in the rock, freezing will not free its secrets. If the first droplet shies away, the second will not enter. And if the second droplet freezes and cleaves the rock, it also owes its glory to the first droplet, though it may have drained away before the frost.

So many times I come back to the Prayer of BlitzGirl. You should too. We all should - these are words that must never be forgotten. It is wisdom far beyond mortal inspiration. They bear repeating, especially on this Glorious Newpage 2500. I will quote a riverish part:

...As grains of Sand(semencancercoffeebabies) in a Sandcastle, this needle-pulled thing works best when we are not all of the same shape. Our quirks clasp us together all the more strongly, so that when we Wait for it together - whatever Time we may travel, whatever sect we may splinter, whatever graph or song or hat we share - we are not alone. For though Time may scatter us among the pastposts and the Present, in the end, it is also what brought us to this mad, mad, glorious home in the first place.

Yes, you have longed for chocolate, but not out of arrogance, for if it were so, the sea would never break upon the rocks in the first place, but would sit calmly below it, itself acting as a rock. No, your sin is to have, just for a moment, forgotten the Glory of Time itself, and the Awesome Greatness of the One True Author, through whose hand flowed Beanish, and the font of the OTT itself.

As pennance, meditate upon the Prayer of BlitzGirl, and contemplate the juxtaposition of Beanish and the OTT. Two seas that meet, each doing what it wants. Let this fill you with awe as you realize just what it is you are a Glorious part of.

Thence, proceed to the Chocolate Chapel for the Sacrament of Purification. There, you shall sit in the very seat last occupied by the Pontiff himself. With that, and with whatever falls from the sky during the service, I absolve you of all your sins. May your soul be light, and may you draw strength from the entirety of the sea that is the One True Thread.

In nomine unium verium auctor, in observatium uniae veriae comiciae, in servitum unium verium needlepullythingium.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:30 am UTC

taixzo wrote:Whoa, balthasar_s has been hiding images in bftf! They use a clever trick with color palettes. And he has a tool to generate them, too! (I never actually found these sources. I ended up writing my own scripts.)
They were revealed on the same page, 8 posts later. (See this post and the next one).
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1015. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
(that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:46 am UTC

Baobabs. Big ones.
Last edited by Gingercat on Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:16 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat, and you can't prove I exist without disproving the same! :twisted:

Sustainabilizer wrote:Looks like we'll get together in a pub, confuse the bartender by ordering just 1 beer for our ghost, then watch the ghost drinking it.

Link

Re: How about some entropy?

Postby Link » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:52 am UTC

balthasar_s wrote:
I don't remember what TSSOP originally means but "TS" must be "terribly small"...
"Thin shrink small-outline package", IIRC. Riverish ICs are quite annoying, yes. It's especially terrible if you bridge adjacent pins with solder; that's usually a real steambottle to undo. Have you considered making a DIY reflow oven? You can get a riverish second-hand oven for ~€20, and you can make a control circuit that lets you define thermal profiles for like €10 worth of parts (provided the oven has a thermocouple you can use; if not, it'll set you back a bit more). If you do things right, you could still use it as a normal oven too. :)

taixzo wrote:stuff
Cycles? Pretty treeish stuff, that!

Gingercat wrote:
Spoiler:
Chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping
Mustard, mustard?

Chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping, chirping
Mustard, mustard!

Mustard-mustard!

Argh SNAKE! argh SNAKE!, SNAKE!, ohhh SNAKE!, ohhh it's a SNAKE!, it's some

Mustard, mustard...
:?: :?

Eternal Density

Postby Eternal Density » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:13 am UTC

Remember when I linked a song I like, named Polarize? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=56Gi8cc1S8M
Well I OTTified it. Just now. Since ketchupping this page. For you. Yes you, dear OTTer.

OTTify

Help me ottify, help me ottify, help me ONG
These stairs is where I'll be hiding all my mustard
Help me ottify, help me ottify, help me OTT
My friends and I, we're n a sea of mustard

You know where I molpied up
Though I am blitzing to you
All our spoilers are empty, empty, empty

I wanted to be a better poster, better xuy
Wanted to be a better settler of the raging sandstorm in my eye
I had some spoilers for my favoured one
But they're empty, empty, empty

My friends and I, we're in a sea of mustard

OTTify means taking all supplied things
Decorating 'em, painting 'em up with black and white
It's deciding what's redundant and what words we can write
Aren't empty, empty, empty

Wanted to be a better settler of the raging sandstorm in my eye
I had some spoilers for my favoured one
But they're empty, empty, empty

My friends and I, we're in a sea of mustard

Molpmolpmolp grape vine molpgrapevine
Molpmolpmolpmolp grape vine
We got mustard
Molpy molp-molp grapevine molp molp
And molpy molp-molp grapevine
We got mustard

Beanish we can't translate
Five more people times eight
Don't know 'bout the sea
We'll have to go and warn them, warn them
Beanish we can't translate
Five more people times eight
Don't know 'bout the sea
We'll have to go and warn them, warn them!

We got mustard
We got mustard

My friends and I got mustard

We got mustard
We got mustard

Original: Polarize by Twenty One Pilots
Spoiler:
Help me polarize, help me polarize, help me down
Those stairs is where I'll be hiding all my problems
Help me polarize, help me polarize, help me out
My friends and I, we got a lot of problems

You know where I'm coming from
Though I am running to you
All our feelings deny, deny, denial, oh

I wanted to be a better brother, better son
Wanted to be a better adversary to the evil I have done
I have none to show to the one I love
But deny, deny, denial, oh

Polarize is taking your disguises
Separating 'em, splitting 'em up from wrong and right
It's deciding where to die and deciding where to fight
Deny, deny, denial

Wanted to be a better adversary to the evil I have done
I have none to show to the one I love
But deny, deny, denial, oh

Dadada duh dah daduhdah
Dadadada duh dah
We have problems
Dadada duh dah daduhdah
Dadadada duh dah
We have problems

Domingo en fuego
I think I lost my halo
I don't know where you are
You'll have to come and find me, find me
Domingo en fuego
I think I lost my halo
I don't know where you are
You'll have to come and find me, find me

Dadada duh dah daduhdah
Dadadada duh dah
We have problems
Dadada duh dah daduhdah
Dadadada duh dah
We have problems

My friends and I have problems

Dadada duh dah daduhdah
Dadadada duh dah
We have problems
Dadada duh dah daduhdah
Dadadada duh dah
We have problems

addams

Postby addams » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:58 pm UTC

ED; I remember, "Molpmolpmolp grape vine molpgrapevine
Molpmolpmolpmolp grape vine"
Spoiler:

My friends; I am in a sea of mustard

****The Stars Are Always Shining*****

Look!
I can see Outside!

Spoiler:
I'm going Out There.
Pray for me. (waves)
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Revisited - np2436

Postby mscha » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:10 pm UTC

MUNGER...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
Replay Time live here!

OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:A WILD BEESNAKE APPEARED

-- posted by oldpixbot

macraw83

Postby macraw83 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:39 pm UTC

[Blindpost=NP2345]

HES wrote:I've turned off images to stealth-OTT at work, and holy molpy this thread looks different.

Whoa, that's an option?

{Finds the settings in the control panel}

Epsilon... though I can see how that could be useful.

{Changes the settings back}

I'll probably keep it as-is for the rest of my Blitz, but then change it once I'm in the Present so I don't have to be quite so stealthy when OTTing. Thanks for the heads up!

[/Blindpost]

Does the basement ever end?

Blitzgirl wrote:suddenly all the following pagepopes become goated from that point onward, mustarding up those who are trying to blitz

Link

1190: "Time": LISTEN, DON'T MENTION THE DILGUNNERPUNSAWS!

Postby Link » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:18 pm UTC

AUTOMOME 4.4 RELEASED

I've finally accumulated enough new memes and words to warrant a new release. I've decided to keep the redundant "THE ЯОЯЯІМ ТТО ƎНТ" because redundancy is molpish. :)

AUTOMOME wrote:THE PROBLEM WITH YOU, NEWPIXBOT, IS YOU'RE ALL ONG AND NO NINJA. WHEN I ONG, I FOLLOW THROUGH, AND SOMETIMES, THERE'S WEBVENIENCE!

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 pm UTC

I was trying to think if there was any way I could come up with a post epic enough for NP 2500. I decided I'd wait and see if someone else would. And taixzo delivered, with epicness, treeishness, and behind-the-scenesiness. So cool! Can('t) wait to read more.

And I love the exchange between ggh and ucim. You are both such molpish writers.

Steakish OTTy, ED!!

Good luck with the m*stard, Gingercat. :(

My MFFS is providing plenty of m*stard. The zombies are driving me crazy. I wish I could relocate them all. But here's a happy otter to bring molpishness:

https://www.facebook.com/PetVideosDaily/videos/968445293276123/

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo
That's a robot but it totally counts. Image

bot by balthasar_s

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:31 pm UTC

Has mrob's time replay always had the meteor frames? Just saw them go by in realtime, more or less as GLR probably meant it, and it was most baobabish.

We've also gotten to the third anniversidip of what I think is the best OTTified song, Rule110's version of Starry Night.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

lmjb1964
Location: In the Present! Need to ketchup NP 2236-2280, plus NP 2026-2058 and something like 2060-2090+?.

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:48 pm UTC

Hi, moody!

Help addams stay in her home! https://www.crowdrise.com/in-a-comically-tragic-turn-of-events-addams-didnt-die
Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

addams

Postby addams » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:55 pm UTC

Look!
I stumbled on and fell into BlitzGirl's long ago forgotten hedgehog.
BlitzGirl wrote:Pricklymolp up!
Spoiler:
*pricklymolp uncurling from a prickly ball*

I've had several RELATED coma-visions, but this was the first one:
Back when Time was still going, I dreamed
Spoiler:
that the OTC was finally ending (it was around Christmas for some reason), and all of the OTTers got invited to a real-world location. We all showed up at a cabin in a forest where there was three feet of snow and the newpix of the OTC were recreated using Christmas lights of all colors. I must have had holidays on the brain. :mrgreen:

And; The OTT lived Happily Ever After.
Until, the next thing happened.
Spoiler:
Wait?
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

Neil_Boekend

Postby Neil_Boekend » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:58 pm UTC

I feel like posting something.
Mikeski wrote:A "What If" update is never late. Nor is it early. It is posted precisely when it should be.

patzer's signature wrote:
flicky1991 wrote:I'm being quoted too much!

he/him/his

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:27 pm UTC

addams wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:PBack when Time was still going, I dreamed [spoiler]that the OTC was finally ending (it was around Christmas for some reason), and all of the OTTers got invited to a real-world location. We all showed up at a cabin in a forest where there was three feet of snow and the newpix of the OTC were recreated using Christmas lights of all colors.

This needs to be a thing.

Also, I WANT A PRICKLYMOLP!

Hi, Neil! You posted "something," all right. :mrgreen:

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

thunk

1190: "Time": T1I IS LIKE THE TARDIS WITH TIME

Postby thunk » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:33 pm UTC

lmjb1964 wrote:
addams wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:PBack when Time was still going, I dreamed [spoiler]that the OTC was finally ending (it was around Christmas for some reason), and all of the OTTers got invited to a real-world location. We all showed up at a cabin in a forest where there was three feet of snow and the newpix of the OTC were recreated using Christmas lights of all colors.

This needs to be a thing.

Sounds like my New Years' celebration, if everyone involved read the OTC.

Blitz on, my friends Rakhal and iskinner!
Someday we'll meet in the present.

is a she... or a they. hard to tell.
Image by officialhyperionmemer (tumblr)

Gingercat

Postby Gingercat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:15 pm UTC

How seaish is the world's largest Baobab?

"The widest Baobab in the world is sited on the Sandland Farm in Modjadjiskloof. This Baobab is most likely to be over 1000 years old. With age the Baobab has become hollow inside and the spacious caverns have been converted into a wine cellar and pub. This tourist attraction can accommodate sixty people at a time and is a legendary landmark in the Limpopo Province."

Source

Can you imagine the sheer appropriateness of an OTTer Meetup in this particular pub? :wink:
I am Schrödinger's Gingercat, and you can't prove I exist without disproving the same! :twisted:

Sustainabilizer wrote:Looks like we'll get together in a pub, confuse the bartender by ordering just 1 beer for our ghost, then watch the ghost drinking it.

lmjb1964

Postby lmjb1964 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:29 pm UTC

I can imagine it, and am ready to go anytime. :D

Good news! We've passed the 1/4 mark towards our goal for addams! You xuys are so amazing! And just a reminder that you don't need to worry about us not reaching the goal and not getting anything. With CrowdRise, you get the funds even if you don't reach the goal.

Imagesmiley by yappo

bot by balthasar_s

ergman

Postby ergman » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:13 am UTC

Merry new page 2500!

@taixzo wow! interesting thought process! I suppose beanish people would be the perfect characters if you aren't confident writing dialogue. Maybe everything I write should star the beanies.

@ggh speaking of beanish, any work is good work! if you made any discoveries, or even interesting mistaken discoveries, share em! Can't hurt and we don't have much else relevant to talk about :P

wow I want to drink in a tree! If baobabs can be a thousand years old, do you think they can be 11,000 years old? maybe the carvings in that one are in a language we know. If only we had the perspective to see.
I made my avatar, Buffygirl hatted it, Yappo smileyed it and ggh taroted it!
taixzo wrote:
Whizbang wrote:Ejaculate.

Intriguing.

Good luck on your blintzes, katakissa, username5243, musthavebeenmykarma, iskinner, and thunk! Keep the signposts coming, we love them in the future!

thunk

1190: "Time": BLESS YOU, ICE CREAM. BLICE CREAM.

Postby thunk » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:54 am UTC

I can't believe we forgot the meteor frames.

They happened UNGwise several nopix ago.

Blitz on, my friends Rakhal and iskinner!
Someday we'll meet in the present.

is a she... or a they. hard to tell.
Image by officialhyperionmemer (tumblr)

balthasar_s

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.

Code: Select all

There arose a most unmolpish clamor, with guards and Inquisitorbots and others who had followed the little messenger all shouting and asking what this all meant, and what were the demands, to which Mrorl

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot

Eternal Density

YOU CAN'T POST YOUR PANTHER SALVE AND MINDGREP IT TOO

Postby Eternal Density » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:34 am UTC

Neil_Boekend wrote:I feel like posting something.
Treeish idea!
addams wrote:
Spoiler:
I'm going Out There.
Pray for me. (waves)
Spoiler:
(Prays and waves back)

AUTOMOME wrote:IF XE WEIGHS... THE SAME AS A SILENTONG... XE'S MADE OF ONGST... AND THEREFORE... A MOOLPY!

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”