1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

svenman

Re: 1190: Another ketchup splatter

Postby svenman » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:56 pm UTC

ggh wrote:Also svenman - you are a machine! Every time I go to the wiki, you've added so much. :awe:
Many times Thanks!

Thank you for the molpish feedback! But it makes me wonder, should I maybe try to stay a few newpages in the past with my wikification of the thread's present so that anyone else who would be inclined to contribute their part gets a chance to?

Congratulations to mikrit's nieces!

And addams, did you see the pictures of the American "castle" I included in NP2560's goat post? (I. e., the last post on the page.)

Edit: Whoops, pope. Decree: Appreciate your fellow OTTer.
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

GnomeAnne
Location: 2:5324298:I:5324298:6:.258I.14AF.02BD.109B...67...30...14:63:63:0.1,1.20796,2.293,3.333,4.27,5.2

Randomness: High. AI: Stupid.

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:10 pm UTC

Did no one post this yet?
Start the game

B: Hi2, what happeneD/
TLF: I got lost in the options.
TLF: And alttab made the computer not work.
TLF: I had to start again.
B: I can help with the options.
B: Also, you can turn off fullscreen with F10.
B: You turn the game on. The menu:
B: - Jeden player
B: - Multi player
B: - Settings
B: - Authors
B: - Koniec.
B: The selection is obvious - multiplayer.
B: Next screen: Start server, Join server.
B: Join.
B: Next screen:
B: Adres: 83.22.177.244
B: (But don't remember it. It will be different tomorrow.)
B: Port: 59549
B: Then "connect".
B: That should be all you need.
TLF: I'll try.

Edit:
svenman wrote:Decree: Appreciate your fellow OTTer.

Hmm, I really appreciate all the hard work and creativity that went into setting up bsta.
Wait For It
lmjb never actually wrote:That's why the saying is "GnomeAnne waits for Time and Tide."

This is my avatar. I put it in my sig because it wouldn't fit up there with the picture of me in a hat.

addams

Postby addams » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:06 pm UTC

svenman wrote:
And addams, did you see the pictures of the American "castle" I included in NP2560's goat post? (I. e., the last post on the page.)
Spoiler:
Yes.
Yes, I saw the American Castle.

umm. I did not look its wikipedia page up and read about its history.
I refuse to argue with an OTTer,...still...It is a copy; Not Real.

The French/German Castle has a written history that goes back nearly 16 Hundred! Years!!
Those Europeans were Weaving and Kniting with Brick and Stone before they had use of Steam Power!

That was Work of Human Hand and the Fruit of Human Mind.
...During...(dare I write it?) The Dark Ages....

Or; Medieval.
Some people say, "Medieval."

I'm sorry, svenman;
I don't know enough about the subject.

I think the American Copy is nice. It is a Good Thing.
Many Americans will never see a Real European Castle.

But, but, umm...
It was not built to withstand a Real Seage.

I suppose, it is proof, we brought Europe with us,
in our heads, when we sailed to The New World.
Spoiler:
The poor American Natives have been putting up with our antics from the moment we steped off the ships...

oh...I hear an echo..
The Nina, The Pinta and The Santa Maria.
The Nina, The Pinta and The Santa Maria.

When I was a child, every child was taught those words.
We were taught, 'Those three ships began It All.'
Life is, just, an exchange of electrons; It is up to us to give it meaning.

We are all in The Gutter.
Some of us see The Gutter.
Some of us see The Stars.
by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Those that want to Know; Know.
Those that do not Know; Don't tell them.
They do terrible things to people that Tell Them.

ggh

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby ggh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:54 pm UTC

addams wrote:umm. I did not look its wikipedia page up and read about its history.
I'm glad you didn't. It might make you cry. I've been to Boldt Castle, and it's beautiful, but oh so bittersweet.

addams wrote:
Spoiler:
ggh wrote:
ucim wrote:ggh, remind me never to lend you my car. :)
Fair call. :)
The Jeep Cherokee I am currently driving is owned by a really nice fellow, currently in Germany I believe. I asked to borrow it for a month... over two years ago. Thursday, I had the passenger door welded back on. I should probably tell him about that....
...You are Amazing!
In person, you must be charismatic enough to "Charm the Birds out of The Trees.".

Why Anyone in their Right Mind, especially a German,
would loan you a car is far, far beyond me.
Ha! The internet has given someone the wrong impression!
I wonder if that has ever happened before. <chuckle, chuckle>

In person, I am a dishcloth. A really chatty dishcloth.
I am a lucky dishcloth though - there are some wonderful, kind, amazing people around me.
They perhaps look after me a bit lot because, even at 48, it's pretty clear I don't have my mustard together.

And... I may have been a bit misleading about the Jeep, for comedic effect.
It is true that I intended to borrow the Cherokee only for a month and have had it for twenty-six.
It is true that on Thursday I had the passenger door welded.
But I didn't break the door in an exciting way - it was falling off due to rust.
I've also had a new radiator and distributor put in over those two years, and had work done on the brakes. And then there was the antifreeze leak that was present when I borrowed her and worsened... who knew that getting a frost plug replaced would be such a big deal?

If you ever loan me Lucille, I will take that custodial responsibility seriously as well.
Unless I accidentally drive her into a river or cow or something.

svenman wrote:Thank you for the molpish feedback! But it makes me wonder, should I maybe try to stay a few newpages in the past with my wikification of the thread's present so that anyone else who would be inclined to contribute their part gets a chance to?
I'd guess no. There is so much that can be done, anyone looking to contribute can find a way. I'm feeling sheepish myself, because there are things I know I want to add in, but I just keep not getting around to it. :(

BSTA posted by GnomeAnne wrote:TLF: And alttab made the computer not work.
Hmm - what does alttab normally do?

For decree: I'm appreciating when OTTers show me/tell me about the things/people they love and/or are wowed by.
Last edited by ggh on Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:59 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Requested a magnet? I'm sorry I'm so super-slow, but you will get it
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

GnomeAnne
Location: 2:5324298:I:5324298:6:.258I.14AF.02BD.109B...67...30...14:63:63:0.1,1.20796,2.293,3.333,4.27,5.2

Postby GnomeAnne » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:57 pm UTC

When using Windows, alt+ tab switches between active Windows
Wait For It
lmjb never actually wrote:That's why the saying is "GnomeAnne waits for Time and Tide."

This is my avatar. I put it in my sig because it wouldn't fit up there with the picture of me in a hat.

balthasar_s

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm UTC

And not only Windows. The system I'm currently using also does this.
BFTF replay.
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

ggh

1190: Assumptions are the mother of all chirp-ups - Give a mom a hug!

Postby ggh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:12 pm UTC

Ah - thanks GnomeAnne! That makes more sense now.

balthasar_s wrote:I have a perl script that reads the file and generates the files for each frame. The file for 42 looks like this:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

content-type: image/gif
ongtime: 1486796401
title: Continue conversation
timer: 36
ext: gif

[fq]You started a private chat with theLuckyFinder (TLF).
[ni]B: Hi[/ni]
[br]TLF: Oh, hi,[/br]
[br]TLF: What's new? Any thing intrestening?[/br]
[ni]B: Not really, except that I'm waiting for my new glasses. But that's not why I'm writing now.[/ni]
[br]TLF: No, please tell.[/br]
[br]TLF: Why you yould wait for new glasses?[/br]
[ni]B: They became a little too small for me.[/ni]
[br]TLF: Are drinking more these days?[/br]
[ni]B: No, the other kind of glasses.[/ni]
[br]TLF: You mean, the eye windows?[/br]
[br]TLF: Ok, I understand now.[/br]
[br]TLF: Also, what is the your original reason?[/br]
[ni]B: I wanted to ask.[/ni]
[ni]B: Would you be interested in playing a game?[/ni][/fq]
That wasn't a good decision, to use this computer. You have to send the game file from the CD. How will you do it on a computer which doesn't have a CD drive and is connect
ed to the network with a RS232 cable?
As you can see the bsta text bot added tags inside the [fq] tag so that I didn't have to add them manually.
The fields "ongtime" and "timer" were added by the ong bot.
The files for frames which are pngs only have the "title" field generated.
Any parameter not specifed in a frame's file is taken from the default file:

Code: Select all

ext: png
content-type: image/png
width: 580
height: 410

What does fq stand for? Are br and ni brązowy and niebieski?

ggh wrote:Then, when she was confused about the eye windows, I started to think that maybe she looked more like:

When in Bochum, we went to Cologne on Saturday. When returning from there, I was sitting with lmjb1964 and addams in the train.
I told them about something I have seen when going to Bochum from Poland:
It was evening the sun was low. The bottom of the sky became very orange. At one point when looking through the train window I saw the sun to the left of a tall chimney with steam or maybe smoke coming out of it. Just right of the steam there was a triangular area of the sky where the steam blocked the sunlight. that part of the sky was blue! It was such a beautiful view that I just kept looking at it. When I took out the camera to take a picture it was too late.
When I was telling addams and lmjb1964 about this I forgot the English word "chimney'. I just couldn't remember the word.
When I'm writing on the OTT I can always find the translations for the things that I don't know or don't remember how to say in English.
But when talking in real time there is no such possibility. So I told them something like: "you know, the big pole with smoke".
Yes, that makes sense.... Maybe if I tell you what my assumptions are, you can point out any wrong ones.

Assumption 1: this conversation is happening in English
I know this could be way off... I mean, even though BFTF was written in English, it was implied that much of the conversation was taking place in Polish, yes? I suppose this could be true in BSTA as well, but because of the mixed Polish-English in the illustrations, I have been tempted to accept everything at face value. (I wonder how it will look if b talks to a friend in Polish... will the fq stuff be in Polish and the text below explaining to us be in English?)

Assumption 2: b believes TLF is a native English speaker.
In the discussion about who b can play the game with, b spoke of:
  • a friend
  • a friend's sister - "But she will not like the incomplete translation. She doesn't feel comfortable with foreign language."
  • other friend from the internet - "Only that for her the other of the two languages would be the problematic one."
  • other other friend - "same is true"
Regarding Coincidence, there are:
  • your friends who got this program from you.
  • two people who were using it before who are also your friends now.
  • Uncle Scienceman
(That is of course a little weird. Someone wrote this thing and someone took the trouble to make it easily portable. You'd expect a few more users. Either they're talking on other servers, or something even more strange is going on.)

Online are:
  • AP
  • TLF
Since b doesn't wonder aloud who either of them are, I conclude that they belong to the set of his Coincidence-using friends.
TLF is the one b chooses to try to play with, so that suggests she's part of the first list too. I'm guessing that he knows his friend's sister's name, and that his friend's sister knows Polish. That would make TLF the other friend from the internet, and her problematic language would be Polish.

If she is a native English speaker, I wouldn't expect the eye windows comment. She could however be a native something-else speaker who just knows English better than she knows Polish. Or, she could just be carrying on the Time-honoured tradition of having a little quirkiness in her conversation. Cuegan felt a tad alien, but delightful, in that way too.

svenman wrote:I mentioned my picture archive and castles. Today, of all days, seems like a good day to share some of those pictures.

They are even - slightly - RELATED, being pictures of a seaish castle currently located within the territory that we call France (although at an altogether different corner of the country than the Château d'If).
Ooh - seaish! That'd be worth fighting for in Cuegan's time I bet.
Steakish redundakomic too!

For decree: I'm appreciating the makers of footnote labyrinths, redundakitties, and other semi-hidden delights. :)
Agatha the Awesomeful

In a Comically Tragic Turn of Events Addams Didn't Die. Please help. (Wait, does that sound like I want you to kill addams?)

balthasar_s

Re: 1190: Assumptions are the mother of all chirp-ups - Give a mom a hug!

Postby balthasar_s » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:29 pm UTC

ggh wrote:What does fq stand for? Are br and ni brązowy and niebieski?
Yes they are.
FQ is a Quote box with Fixed-width text.

Maybe if I tell you what my assumptions are, you can point out any wrong ones.
Maybe not right now.
The languagical situation of BSTA might be confusing now but it should become more clear later.

About BFTF: Yes, not all conversation was happening in English (actually, very much of it was not English) but on the frames you saw only English words. Because it had to be understandable by English readers.
But that was just spoken words. Written text was left untranslated.

ggh wrote:Since b doesn't wonder aloud who either of them are, I conclude that they belong to the set of his Coincidence-using friends.
TLF is the one b chooses to try to play with, so that suggests she's part of the first list too. I'm guessing that he knows his friend's sister's name, and that his friend's sister knows Polish. That would make TLF the other friend from the internet, and her problematic language would be Polish.

If she is a native English speaker, I wouldn't expect the eye windows comment. She could however be a native something-else speaker who just knows English better than she knows Polish. Or, she could just be carrying on the Time-honoured tradition of having a little quirkiness in her conversation. Cuegan felt a tad alien, but delightful, in that way too.
I have to say - You're good at this.

ggh wrote:(That is of course a little weird. Someone wrote this thing and someone took the trouble to make it easily portable. You'd expect a few more users. Either they're talking on other servers, or something even more strange is going on.)
Maybe other servers, maybe it was a failure, maybe this, or maybe it's another 17-sided brick. I see many possibilities here.

I see some inclmplete translations on my computer sometimes:
But you know what's worse than incomplete translations?
Bad translations:
This example is from a hex editor. "podpisane" indeed means "signed" but it's the other meaning. Like when someone left a signature on it.
And "wyświetlanie dekodowania cienkokońcowości" - that's spectacularly wrong. It was about interpreting values as little-endian. Looks like someone tried to translate little-endianness literally and failed.

Redundant
Spoiler:
notfulltrans.png
notfulltrans.png (11 KiB) Viewed 1293 times
verybadtrans.png
BFTF replay.
Good luck, my blitzing friends!
BTTBAA:1023. # Mustard? Use the mirror! Blitzing? Also use the mirror! And here is why. # OTT facebug copy
that's a robot so it doesn't count Image
This text was autogenerated:

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Postby SBN » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm UTC

svenman wrote:

For Decree, all y'all, of course. But specifically today our resident dragons. We tried to watch a Dragon go to space today, but alas, it did not go to space today. It will try again tomorrow, but we won't be able to go watch it. (Will look to see if it is on TV.)

This dragon's taking off point was where ChronosDragon was last heard from, it did get me thinking about him.

ChronosDragon wrote: {summoning circle}

Also, a sandcastle was built, but not documented
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

taixzo

Re: Randomness: High. AI: Stupid.

Postby taixzo » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:33 am UTC

B: Hi2, what happeneD/
TLF: I got lost in the options.
TLF: And alttab made the computer not work.

Alt-tab can mess up systems if they use (exclusive) full-screen rendering and don't expect to be taken out of it. I encountered this in earlier versions of Factorio, where switching applications would hang the operating system. The reason, if I recall correctly, is that there's a mismatch between who's got the keyboard/mouse input and who's drawing to the screen.

TLF: I had to start again.
B: I can help with the options.
B: Also, you can turn off fullscreen with F10.
B: You turn the game on. The menu:
B: - Jeden player

In German, "Jeden" means "Every". Is this German? Does "Jeden" mean something else in Polish? I would expect "Single player" to be the option here to complement "Multi player".

B: - Multi player
B: - Settings
B: - Authors
B: - Koniec.
B: The selection is obvious - multiplayer.
B: Next screen: Start server, Join server.
B: Join.
B: Next screen:
B: Adres: 83.22.177.244
B: (But don't remember it. It will be different tomorrow.)
B: Port: 59549

I tried connecting to that IP and port, but no luck. I suppose it is technically tomorrow now, anyway.

SBN wrote:For Decree, all y'all, of course. But specifically today our resident dragons. We tried to watch a Dragon go to space today, but alas, it did not go to space today. It will try again tomorrow, but we won't be able to go watch it. (Will look to see if it is on TV.)

This dragon's taking off point was where ChronosDragon was last heard from, it did get me thinking about him.

ChronosDragon wrote: {summoning circle}

Also, a sandcastle was built, but not documented

It's a CRS mission, so it should be playing on NASA TV as well. (Launch is scheduled for 9:38 AM ERST if all goes well.)
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS X, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, iskinner, and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

thunk

Re: 1190: "Æá ÆÖóÞ¢áñ"

Postby thunk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:16 am UTC

trzyxzo wrote:Does "Jeden" mean something else in Polish? I would expect "Single player" to be the option here to complement "Multi player".

Your hunch is correct. "Jeden" means "one".
Hg wrote:Mixed-market curious.

Blitz on, my friends Quantized, GnomeAnne, and iskinner!

Obvious suggestion by flicky.

addams

Postby addams » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:09 pm UTC

Decree: Appreciate your fellow OTTer.

I Love The Whole Thread
(Boom-De-Ya-Da

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG24SX4HEK8

What??
Who do you think I am?
Sandy Claws?
Spoiler:
To be fair;
I do get sand under my nails more often than most.
Makeing a list?
Checking it Twice?
Spoiler:
Naming the Naughty.
Naming the Nice.

...No Way, Jose'.
That is too difficult for me.

Is ggh Naughty?
(She drove a car into a River!)

Laura Mae and I, both, drove on danerous roads during a Storm in the Dark!
Naughty!

Balthasar rode off into a frozen landscape in the dark;
On A Bicycle! He has done this sort of thing Twice.
Naughty!

The list goes On and On...
Who among you has not made me gasp?
I Love The Whole Thread
(Boom-De-Ya-Da

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG24SX4HEK8

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

ggh

Re: 1190: BSTA 48

Postby ggh » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:17 pm UTC

Wait for it.

TLF: I can't connect.
TLF: "Serwer unreachable".
B: Hm, not good, I'm sure I did set up everything correctly on my side.
B: Also, your network setup must be correct too, otherwisw we wouldn't be able to talk.
B: Maybe there's a firewall or a proxy or something.
B: You can access the Internet without problems, right?
TLF: No.
B: ?
TLF: I don't have access to these internet.
B: Then how does your Coincidence work?
B: could you open your connection configuration?
TLF: Done.
B: What are your TCP/IP settings?
TLF: Everything left empty.
B: ???

What? That doesn't make sense.
HOW is she able to talk to you?

Th plot thickens! Getting epsilon....

I wonder if we get the spoiler frame next....
Agatha the Awesomeful

GnomeAnne

Postby GnomeAnne » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:28 pm UTC

TLF wrote:
B wrote:You can access the Internet without problems, right?
No.
What??
How does coincidence work without internet?
Is coincidence somehow accessing the Lenhart family's Wi-fi? Not likely.
Does it use a secret all encompassing network predating the internet that B's uncle somehow discovered? Probably he would do something more ambitious than use it as a relay for a private chat client, were that the case.
Maybe coincidence uses its own connection settings, instead of the default, this could be why it was B's first guess. But no, he seems as confused as I am.
Wait For It

ucim

Postby ucim » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:44 pm UTC

Maybe coincidence uses shoe? And there is the balthabikephone too...

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Please help addams if you can. She needs all of us.

mscha

1190: "Time" - Time Randomly Revisited - np1406

Postby mscha » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:00 pm UTC

SHIMMERONGS...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:I'LL GIVE YOO A TOAPIC... THE CH*RPING MOUNTAINISH ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALL WAS NEITHER CH*RPING NOR MOUNTAINISH NOR A ZOMBIE OTTER EYEBALL. DISCUSS.

-- posted by randompixbot

svenman

Postby svenman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:12 pm UTC

addams wrote:
svenman wrote:And addams, did you see the pictures of the American "castle" I included in NP2560's goat post? (I. e., the last post on the page.)
Spoiler:
Yes.
Yes, I saw the American Castle.

umm. I did not look its wikipedia page up and read about its history.
I refuse to argue with an OTTer,...still...It is a copy; Not Real.
[...]
I think the American Copy is nice. It is a Good Thing.
Many Americans will never see a Real European Castle.

But, but, umm...
It was not built to withstand a Real Seage.

No argument from me. Of course it is not a real castle and was not built to be defended; on one picture you can see it has a terrace with steps leading up to it, something that would be completely out of place in an actual castle. That's why I wrote that it really is a fanciful mansion rather than a castle. But it does have some nice and elaborate stonework, nonetheless. In fact, much of the visible stonework on the Haut-Koenigsbourg dates from its reconstruction in the early 1900s, right at the same time that "Boldt Castle" was built.

balthasar_s wrote:But you know what's worse than incomplete translations?
Bad translations:

Oh yes. That is a problem I am well familiar with too from German versions of software. Although I have the impression that it used to be a lot worse, say, twenty years ago than nowadays.

I pity the translators who were forced to put out such inferior work. I am certain that in many such cases it was not their incompetence at fault, but that they had to work without being given the necessary resources to do their job right. ("I need this list translated to Beanish by tomorrow. What? Context? Listen, it's your job, you figure out how to do it. Next time I'm gonna hire another translator who doesn't ask so many questions if you insist on making this difficult.")
Mostly active on the One True Thread.
If you need help understanding what's going on there, the xkcd Time Wiki may help.

Addams didn't die! But will Addams have a place to live? You can help!

Randallspeed to all blitzers on the One True Thread!

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:31 pm UTC

I don't know about your list, Addams. It kinda looks like it was compiled by a union that has our vehicles as members.
Santa is not exactly the poster-child for sleigh-safety, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't him. :P

I just had a BSTA/OTT dream. Already it's getting fuzzy:

I had returned to find a larger than usual ketchup. If TLF was using the CTIF (Chronotransponder Interface) to connect with b, taixzo reckoned that there would be evidence in terms of images that changed over time, and found a pair of very small images (icons?) posted by balthasar? b? TLF? (I forget exactly who) that had the same image name but looked a bit different.

From there, OTTers had extrapolated, using other post times or something to make a map. Imagine a map of the world, possibly with time-zone striping, and a series of dots indicating TLF's broadcast positions. There were maybe 8-12 dots and they made a line traveling westward through maybe about 75 degrees longitude a bit south of the equator. It made it look like TLF was on a satellite, although it may have more related to her temporal position, kinda like Good Morning. I was impressed, but unsurprised: it seemed very OTTish.
Agatha the Awesomeful

SBN
Saved
Location: No longer in the home of the raptorcats, now in the home of the raptorcats.

Re: Randomness: High. AI: Stupid.

Postby SBN » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:15 pm UTC

taixzo wrote:
It's a CRS mission, so it should be playing on NASA TV as well. (Launch is scheduled for 9:38 AM ERST if all goes well.)

Yep, that's how we watched it. The way the clouds were today we wouldn't have been able to see it from the beach we went to yesterday.

Local TV said they'd carry it, but didn't.
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

Randalspeed thunk, iskinner, and other blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!

ggh

Postby ggh » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:26 pm UTC

Jose has made it so that I can't read CRS as anything other than Can't Remember Sh*t.
Agatha the Awesomeful

addams

Postby addams » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:08 pm UTC

ucim wrote:Maybe coincidence uses shoe? And there is the balthabikephone too...

Jose
Shoe.
I Vote: Shoe.
Spoiler:
I know Nothing about the subject.
I'm voting, anyway. I'm an American.

(shrug) It might be a phone of somesort....
Telograph wires into Telephone wires into a Server SomeWhere;

The next step is a Satilite in low orbit
and onto the world wide web.(or; not)

by mr. Oscar Wilde.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”