1190: "Time"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Magistrates, Prelates, Moderators General

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1385

Postby SilentTimer » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU JUST SAID BECAUSE I WAS THINKUNG ABOUT PRICKLYMOLPS. -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… the trees?
Spoiler:
Their upper parts weren't shown before.
… any stitching?
Spoiler:
Hehe. Image
-- posted by SilentBot Image

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1386
06 Jul 2015, 1:00 UTC
BUNGALOW. ENDISHNESS. HARPSICHORD. GAZEBO. GOAT. -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… where they are going?
Spoiler:
Image Did you like xkcd Time?
Then you will like its sequel: t1i, a Time After Time story. [Discussion] [Making Of]
ucim wrote:I consider it to be canon.

This thread does not work for you? Visit the ЯOЯЯIM!
SilentTimer

Re: 1190: "Time"

Postby username5243 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:13 am UTC

I've finished page 79...long way to go...I'll have to coma soon (to use the correct terminology), but will be back in a (hopefully small) number of newpix.
This is a signature, in case you didn't notice.
username5243

bOTTeriada goes ONG

Postby balthasar_s » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:11 am UTC

the mr*bdex story cONGtinues.
Code: Select all
  So they rolled up their sleeves and sat down to experiment -- by simulation, that is, by botcastle and casbottle. The algorithmic models of King Idle and the hotdog ran such twisted loops around one another, that the bOTTifactor's minds kept snapping. Furious, the hotdog's goal-directed graph writhed and wriggled in response to the King's choices, formed an infinite regression of subgraphs, which suddenly coalesced into a single linear row, then shattered and reformed itself as a maze of spaghetti, but the King so belabored it with savescums and lag switching that its reorganisations largely cancelled each other out, and in the ensuing confusion the bOTTifactors completely lost track of both King and hotdog. So they took a break, sipped a little more of the fine <*:Lightning in a Bottle:> (served this time in antique miniature Glass Chillers), then went back to work and tried it again from the beginning, but this time using [The``Three``Laws``of``OTTics|#p3608464] at Mrorl's suggestion. The King rushed through the hotdog, anticipating all its caveish challenges, mean midgames, and krool konundrums, and never had to backtrack, as the hotdog was not nearly so irrational as the King, who presently smote it so grievously that it almost Refined their organised Sand in the process. The bOTTifactors realised that this approach wouldn't work, as King Idle's culture was even more epsilon than the OTT. Then they revisited the earlier idea of basing all of the hotdog's elements on King Idle's world. With a few more sips from the Glass Chillers, they began anew, and watched tensely as the King progressed through first one, then a second, and finally a third paradigm shift, whereupon the hotdog generalised its parameters and -- wham!! -- the goal-graph flew like mad through Aleph-ε successive transformations, and when at last the hotdog paused and the King was a part of its directed matrix, the bOTTifactors jumped up, danced a jig, laughed and sang as they ended the simulation and deleted all its files, double-overwriting the filesystem with m**stard, much to the amazement of the King's agents monitoring their botcastles via embedded spyware -- embedded in vain, for they were uninitiated into the OTTities of Molpish speech, and consequently had no

-- posted by mrImagebdexbot
balthasar_s

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1388

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 am UTC

GEORGE THE MALEVOLENT GALLSTONE IS "ENHANCUNG THE FIRST CLERIC_S"... IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… the journey?
Spoiler:
… the Cueganite raftcastle¹?
Spoiler:
The structures on the two leftmost platforms have been disassembled.
… the zoom?
Spoiler:
It started at the departure. Now it has finished at a zoom level slightly above that of the bigger part of Time.
Then you will like its sequel: t1i, a Time After Time story. [Discussion] [Making Of]

SilentTimer

Postby username5243 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:28 am UTC

I'm back from my coma! That wasn't too many newpix, was it? Now to load up page 80...

EDIT: I'm starting to sound like an actual person from the thread by using "coma" instead of the heresy word "sleep". Oh my Randall...

EDIT EDIT: Now I'm using "Randall" in place of "God". Why does this happen to me?
This is a signature, in case you didn't notice.
username5243

The algorithmic models of King Idle and the hotdog

Postby Eternal Density » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:46 am UTC

username5243 wrote:I'm back from my coma! That wasn't too many newpix, was it? Now to load up page 80...

EDIT: I'm starting to sound like an actual person from the thread by using "coma" instead of the heresy word "sleep". Oh my Randall...

EDIT EDIT: Now I'm using "Randall" in place of "God". Why does this happen to me?

This is excelent molpish. :D
ImagePlay the game of Time! castle.chirpingmustard.com Hotdog Vending Supplier But what is this?

GAZEBO OINTMENT HARPSICHORD CREDENZA BUNGALOW
Eternal Density

Time Revisited - np2600

Postby mscha » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 am UTC

UNGLOPHOBIC...
Spoiler:
Wait for it.
OTT Time Travel

AUTOMOME wrote:REDUNDAKITTIES? WE DON'T NEED NO CH*RPIN' REDUNDAKITTIES.

-- posted by oldpixbot
mscha

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1389

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:00 pm UTC

I HAVE REPORTED YOU TO LOPSIDE_S FOR STEALUNG MURTLES AS IT IS A CRIME -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… the flag?
Spoiler:

SilentTimer

Postby ZoomanSP » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:16 pm UTC

Wait on.

Spoiler:
Kieryn wrote:They have a culture involving hat wearing. What kind of a collective would come up with such a thing!?
BlitzGirl wrote:I'll get the razor and finish off Occam while we're at it.
ucim / Megan wrote:"It can do whatever it wants. It's the OTT."
ZoomanSP

Location: Twelve days north of the Othercomic threads, and a few degrees south of complete insanity. (©yappo)

Postby karhell » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:26 pm UTC

ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

It looks eminently OTTifiable. I'll see if I can make something from it tonip.
AluisioASG wrote:191 years ago, the great D. Pedro I drew his sword and said: "Indent thy code or die!"
BlitzGirl wrote:I will carefully catalogue your army and give each one of your soldiers a silly name. Fear me!
lmjb1964 wrote:We're weird but it's okay.
karhell

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1390

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:00 pm UTC

IS IT POSSIBLE TO NINJA A POPERAPTOR USUNG DOWNWARD-CRENELLATING OTTERS? -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… the rowing?
Spoiler:
TheMinim, mrob27, BlueCrab, and mikrit did.
(Not surprisingly, Ms. Frizzle can row faster than La Petite.)

SilentTimer

YES VIRGINIA, THERE _IS_ A MOME.

Postby mrob27 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:56 pm UTC

Eternal Density wrote:FYI, contrastive reduplication is not just molpish, it's molpish molpish.

It's not a digital book, or an e-book, it's a bookbook.

ggh wrote:Molpish wishes for staying ahead of your Botteriada story. I really don't know how you've had the time to write this one at all. It looks like you properly researched it, and I wouldn't think that that would leave much time for anything else.

I'll just say that I have a lot of responses for comments like this, that I'm saving to share later. :) This includes "Did you notice?" items like those that @SilentTimer has been sharing with the UNGs of t1i (so as I've mentioned before, if someone mentions bOTTeriada I make a note of it)

— mrob27 Image
Robert Munafohttp://mrob.com@mrob_27
I ᴍᴀᴅᴇ sᴏɍᴛᴡᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ Rᴀɴᴅᴀʟʟ ɍᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴜsᴇɍᴜʟ ɪɴ ᴛʜɪs хᴋᴄᴅ
mrob27

TimeAfterTime Revisited – t1i-1391

Postby SilentTimer » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:00 pm UTC

WOW - SO CUEGANITE - MANY RAPTORISH - SUCH WAITUNG FOR - VERY OTC - MUCH MUSTARDY - HAIL RANDALL -- ongomome
Spoiler:

Did you notice …
… La Petite's raftcastle?
Spoiler:
HES did and got wet.
(La Petite got wet, too.
Fortunately, she can swim.
Cuegan can't.)

SilentTimer

Postby SBN » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:23 pm UTC

karhell wrote:
ZoomanSP wrote:New OtherComic.

It looks eminently OTTifiable. I'll see if I can make something from it tonip.

I have an answer for question 5.
Spoiler:
Furry, drooly, huggable.
002.JPG
Titan, aka LW
astrotter wrote:It is not particularly clear to me at this time that we are not overanalyzing this...

kalira,kr4, micdi, PayasYouDraw, svenman, preciousidiot, TieSoul, et al. GLRspeed blitzers! Notes from the before-was improve the after-when.
Some Ways to Time
NetWeasel wrote:I want to put that in my sig... BUT I CAN'T!!!!
SBN
Saved

Location: Moving from the home of the big, black raptorcat, to the home of the big, black raptorcat.

Previous

Return to Individual XKCD Comic Threads