1252:"Increased Risk"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Himself

Re: 1252:"Increased Risk"

Postby Himself » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:06 pm UTC

Moose Anus wrote:I just hope there aren't any sharks with frickin' handgun wielding dogs attached to their heads.

That might be the sequel to Sharknado.
"Looking me am a civilization person"
-Ratio Tile

arthurd006_5

Postby arthurd006_5 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:50 am UTC

Turing Machine wrote:
arthurd006_5 wrote:
sonalita wrote:Newspaper headlines that scream "eating <random healthy food> triples risk of <rare dread disease>" really really annoy me. It scares people unnecessarily.

Well, if they didn't, people might eat it and stop eating the profitable junk-food, and that would cause an economic and a longevity crisis. Oh wait ... no, the current one's due to housing; that's ok.

wat

Well, ...

There are these governments, and they have these ideas about healthy food, and they're encouraging people to eat it.

People might eat the healthy food, or the unhealthy food.

There are fewer constraints on what people put into unhealthy food; it doesn't have to have the things that I recognise as food in it.

So the unhealthy food is more profitable than the healthy food.

So if people start eating the healthy food and stop eating the unhealthy food, then food makers will loose money.

If they loose enough money, then their stock prices will go down, so stock brokers' computers will panic and crash the world.

This may already have happened.

Klear

Postby Klear » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:10 am UTC

arthurd006_5 wrote:...

So the unhealthy food is more profitable than the healthy food.

So if people start eating the healthy food and stop eating the unhealthy food, then food makers will loose money.

If people start eating the healthy food, the healthy food becomes more profitable than the unhealthy food...

bmonk
Location: Schitzoed in the OTT between the 2100s and the late 900s. Hoping for singularity.

Postby bmonk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:03 pm UTC

mathmannix wrote:Lisa, I would like to buy your magic rock.

I would gladly sell you a magic rock, as I have spares.

ETA: Even better, I do not send bobcats by ups.
Having become a Wizard on n.p. 2183, the Yellow Piggy retroactively appointed his honorable self a Temporal Wizardly Piggy on n.p.1488, not to be effective until n.p. 2183, thereby avoiding a partial temporal paradox. Since he couldn't afford two philosophical PhDs to rule on the title.

webgiant

Postby webgiant » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 pm UTC

sonalita wrote:This. Oh how this irks me.

Newspaper headlines that scream "eating <random healthy food> triples risk of <rare dread disease>" really really annoy me. It scares people unnecessarily.

I'd better carry a walking stick, just in case the dog doesn't read statistics textbooks.

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Postby BlitzGirl » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:14 pm UTC

webgiant wrote:
sonalita wrote:This. Oh how this irks me.

Newspaper headlines that scream "eating <random healthy food> triples risk of <rare dread disease>" really really annoy me. It scares people unnecessarily.

I'd better carry a walking stick, just in case the dog doesn't read statistics textbooks.

Carrying a thwapstick is always best when you have a chance of encountering dogs or keyboards.
Spoiler:
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”