1310: Goldbach Conjectures

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

Sheikh al-Majaneen
Name Checks Out On Time, Tips Chambermaid
Posts: 1075
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:17 am UTC

1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Sheikh al-Majaneen » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:26 am UTC

Image

Hovertext: The weak twin primes conjecture states that there are infinitely many pairs of primes. The strong twin primes conjecture states that every prime p has a twin prime (p+2), although (p+2) may not look prime at first. The tautological prime conjecture states that the tautological prime conjecture is true.
Last edited by Sheikh al-Majaneen on Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:34 am UTC, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
rhomboidal
Posts: 796
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:25 pm UTC
Contact:

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby rhomboidal » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:29 am UTC

"EVERY ODD NUMBER IS PRIME." I wonder if this is true of people, too.

User avatar
Steve the Pocket
Posts: 704
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:02 am UTC
Location: Going downtuuu in a Luleelurah!

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Steve the Pocket » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:32 am UTC

Count me as one of the people who didn't get it, though I did catch that they go from painfully obvious but useless observations to definitive but blatantly made-up statements. I guess the joke is that the "strength" of a conjecture doesn't necessarily entail or imply being correct. (And I do get the jokes in the mouseover.)
cephalopod9 wrote:Only on Xkcd can you start a topic involving Hitler and people spend the better part of half a dozen pages arguing about the quality of Operating Systems.

Baige.

User avatar
bitwiseshiftleft
Posts: 295
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:07 am UTC
Location: Stanford
Contact:

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby bitwiseshiftleft » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:56 am UTC

Gödel, Escher, Bach has a joke about "Goldbach variations" which is somewhat similar to this. For example, "every even number is the difference of two primes".

User avatar
Envelope Generator
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 am UTC
Location: pareidolia

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Envelope Generator » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:56 am UTC

The Weak Gold-Bug Conjecture states that for sufficiently large r, a circle of radius r encloses T where T is pirate treasure.

The Extremely Weak Gold-Bug Conjecture states that pirates used old car tires as currency.
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

User avatar
ManaUser
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby ManaUser » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:31 am UTC

As I understand it, the terms strong or weak relate to the fact that the strong conjecture, if proven would also prove the weak one, but not the reverse. This pattern holds true on the right side of this comic, but kind of falls apart on the left... I'm not sure if that's part of the joke or what, to be honest.

User avatar
da Doctah
Posts: 976
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby da Doctah » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:33 am UTC

bitwiseshiftleft wrote:Gödel, Escher, Bach has a joke about "Goldbach variations" which is somewhat similar to this. For example, "every even number is the difference of two primes".
I thought it was "every even prime is the sum of two odd numbers".

Farabor
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Farabor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:55 am UTC

I find the comic mildly amusing, but a logical fail, since the logical chain is "stronger being true automatically implies weaker being true".

bondsbw
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:37 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby bondsbw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:38 am UTC

Farabor wrote:I find the comic mildly amusing, but a logical fail, since the logical chain is "stronger being true automatically implies weaker being true".


Actually I think it does if you allow the blasphemy of counting 1 as prime... ok, let's give the comic a bit of leeway there, otherwise I wouldn't have any reason to post the following:

  • If there are no numbers greater than 7, then every odd ("1", "3", "5", "7") would be prime.
  • if every odd number were prime, then every even number n over 2 would be the sum of two primes, namely (n-1) and "1".
  • If every even number over 2 is the sum of two primes, then every odd number n over 5 is the sum of "3" and any even number (which is already the sum of 2 primes).
  • Given all those odds over 5 and evens over 2, you can create any number over 7.
  • Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going.

User avatar
Envelope Generator
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 am UTC
Location: pareidolia

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Envelope Generator » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:02 am UTC

But you forgot
  • Given that there are no numbers greater than 7, every number greater than 7 is the sum of two numbers
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26731
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:05 am UTC

You don't need to count 1 as prime, because 4=2+2 and you get the rest of the evens with n-3 and 3.
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

edvimsed
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:38 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby edvimsed » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:42 am UTC

Up to 1 being prime, the strong twin prime conjecture is the same as the very strong Goldbach conjecture. The proof goes by induction. (Goldbach considered 1 prime, because then 2 = 1+1, so that we don't need the stupid lower bounds on the conjectures.)

User avatar
Actaeus
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:21 pm UTC
Location: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Actaeus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:51 am UTC

gmalivuk wrote:You don't need to count 1 as prime, because 4=2+2 and you get the rest of the evens with n-3 and 3.


What about, like, 12?

MDenham
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:51 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby MDenham » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:53 am UTC

Envelope Generator wrote:But you forgot
  • Given that there are no numbers greater than 7, every number greater than 7 is the sum of two numbers
And the logical extension of that:
  • Given that there are no numbers greater than 7, every number greater than 7 is the sum of of a prime number and a bobcat.

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Flumble » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:32 am UTC

How could you prove things about numbers greater than 7 when you assume there are no numbers greater than 7?

Actaeus wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:You don't need to count 1 as prime, because 4=2+2 and you get the rest of the evens with n-3 and 3.


What about, like, 12?

There is no 12, for there are no numbers above 7.

dalcde
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:49 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby dalcde » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:07 am UTC

Flumble wrote:How could you prove things about numbers greater than 7 when you assume there are no numbers greater than 7?


It's vacuously true.

Plutarch
Posts: 103
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:29 am UTC
Location: London, UK

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Plutarch » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:25 am UTC

Once I learned what the Goldbach conjectures were, I thought this was funny.

User avatar
orthogon
Posts: 3059
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 am UTC
Location: The Airy 1830 ellipsoid

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby orthogon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:33 am UTC

The hovertext missed out the Evil Twin Primes Conjecture...
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

User avatar
Klear
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:43 am UTC
Location: Prague

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Klear » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:30 pm UTC

orthogon wrote:The hovertext missed out the Evil Twin Primes Conjecture...


Every prime has a twin which has a mustache?

TV4Fun
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:45 am UTC
Location: Certifiable C++ Programmer

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby TV4Fun » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:37 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:How could you prove things about numbers greater than 7 when you assume there are no numbers greater than 7?


http://xkcd.com/704/
$_[0] wrote:rule 2:
Once a relationship ends, physical access to all relevant machinery is denied.

User avatar
jc
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 5:48 pm UTC
Location: Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy
Contact:

All odd numbers are prime.

Postby jc » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:38 pm UTC

A bit of math humor that I haven't seen for some years is the list of proofs that "All odd numbers are prime." Each proof showed the way that a member of a specific profession (or other group of people) would prove it.

Thus, the marketer and/or politician would observe that 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 11 is prime, 13 is prime, 17 is prime, and that should be enough to convince anyone.

The engineer would observe that 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, 11 is prime; yup, it looks like they're all prime.

The statistician would say that 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is a sampling error, 11 is prime, 13 is prime; it's obvious that they're all prime.

The Christian theologian would say that 3 is prime; that proves it. (A Muslim would use 5, then they'd debate and kill each other endlessly about which number is the correct proof.)

There were a lot more, but I've forgotten most of them. I wonder if they're collected somewhere on the Web ...

solune
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:58 pm UTC

Re: All odd numbers are prime.

Postby solune » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:52 pm UTC

jc wrote:There were a lot more, but I've forgotten most of them. I wonder if they're collected somewhere on the Web ...


I had the computer scientist: "3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is not prime, 9 is not prime, 9 is not prime ..."

User avatar
orthogon
Posts: 3059
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 7:52 am UTC
Location: The Airy 1830 ellipsoid

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby orthogon » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:34 pm UTC

A good accountant would be able to claim that 9 is prime for tax purposes.
xtifr wrote:... and orthogon merely sounds undecided.

Carteeg_Struve
Posts: 123
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:56 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Carteeg_Struve » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:37 pm UTC

Klear wrote:
orthogon wrote:The hovertext missed out the Evil Twin Primes Conjecture...


Every prime has a twin which has a mustache?


At least it's not as bad as the Twin Dilemma, where if you move a small planet closer to the sun it will suddenly get heavier, lose momentum, and fall into the star because of... physics.

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: All odd numbers are prime.

Postby Flumble » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:46 pm UTC

jc wrote:There were a lot more, but I've forgotten most of them. I wonder if they're collected somewhere on the Web ...

A quick search shows numerous collections, for example http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:Proof_that_all_odd_numbers_are_prime.

User avatar
wraith
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:58 am UTC
Contact:

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby wraith » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:56 pm UTC

Actually by reducto ad absurdum the Tautological Conjecture is true.

It should be referred to as the Tautological Theorem from now on
It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day that you realize how often they burst into flames

User avatar
CorruptUser
Posts: 10486
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby CorruptUser » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:04 pm UTC


User avatar
cellocgw
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby cellocgw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:08 pm UTC

Coming next: The XKCD version of the Goldberg Variations?
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

User avatar
Klear
Posts: 1965
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:43 am UTC
Location: Prague

Re: All odd numbers are prime.

Postby Klear » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:26 pm UTC

Flumble wrote:
jc wrote:There were a lot more, but I've forgotten most of them. I wonder if they're collected somewhere on the Web ...

A quick search shows numerous collections, for example http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:Proof_that_all_odd_numbers_are_prime.


At some point the jokes start getting tired and obvious, but this one is great:

Right-wing chain email:[1]
A liberal professor at a famous university lectured his class on what numbers were and were not prime. He started out by saying that the odd numbers 3, 5, and 7 were prime, but went on to say that 9 was not. A certain student, disapproving of simply being told by an "expert" what was or was not prime, raised his hand and asked a question.
"You say 9 is not prime, correct?"
"Correct," replied the liberal professor, who did not like being questioned by his students who obviously were nowhere near as smart as he was.
"But 9 is the sum of 7 and 2, is it not?"
"It is" replied the professor.
The student continued "But 7 and 2 are both prime, so how can anything which is the result of adding two similar things together have traits different from those it is the result of without adding new information?"
The professor's jaw dropped at this, and he fled the classroom without a word. The remaining students cheered the logic of the brave student, and his willingness to stand up to liberal indoctrination.
The name of that student: Albert Einstein.

User avatar
gmalivuk
GNU Terry Pratchett
Posts: 26731
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:02 pm UTC
Location: Here and There
Contact:

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby gmalivuk » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:35 pm UTC

Actaeus wrote:
gmalivuk wrote:You don't need to count 1 as prime, because 4=2+2 and you get the rest of the evens with n-3 and 3.


What about, like, 12?
12>7 and thus doesn't exist, and also 12=9+3.

Remember that we're simply determining whether the stronger conjectures imply the weaker ones. If there are no numbers greater than 7, then 12 doesn't exist. If all odds are prime, then 9 is prime. QED
Unless stated otherwise, I do not care whether a statement, by itself, constitutes a persuasive political argument. I care whether it's true.
---
If this post has math that doesn't work for you, use TeX the World for Firefox or Chrome

(he/him/his)

User avatar
ManaUser
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:28 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby ManaUser » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:46 pm UTC

bondsbw wrote:
  • If there are no numbers greater than 7, then every odd ("1", "3", "5", "7") would be prime.
  • if every odd number were prime, then every even number n over 2 would be the sum of two primes, namely (n-1) and "1".
  • If every even number over 2 is the sum of two primes, then every odd number n over 5 is the sum of "3" and any even number (which is already the sum of 2 primes).
  • Given all those odds over 5 and evens over 2, you can create any number over 7.
  • Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going.

And yet, if we accept that each step here works, that must also mean "there are no numbers above 7" proves "numbers just keep going", which can't possibly be right.

MDenham
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:51 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby MDenham » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:39 pm UTC

ManaUser wrote:
bondsbw wrote:
  • If there are no numbers greater than 7, then every odd ("1", "3", "5", "7") would be prime.
  • if every odd number were prime, then every even number n over 2 would be the sum of two primes, namely (n-1) and "1".
  • If every even number over 2 is the sum of two primes, then every odd number n over 5 is the sum of "3" and any even number (which is already the sum of 2 primes).
  • Given all those odds over 5 and evens over 2, you can create any number over 7.
  • Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going.

And yet, if we accept that each step here works, that must also mean "there are no numbers above 7" proves "numbers just keep going", which can't possibly be right.
They do just keep going, though. 6, 6.6, 6.66, 6.666, 6.6666...

User avatar
Quizatzhaderac
Posts: 1780
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:28 pm UTC
Location: Space Florida

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Quizatzhaderac » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:58 pm UTC

We could be using mod 8 arithmetic maybe? i.e. 7+1=0

The numbers just keep going, but going in a circle. ...5,6,7,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,0,1,2....
The thing about recursion problems is that they tend to contain other recursion problems.

Farabor
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:46 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Farabor » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:07 pm UTC

bondsbw wrote:
Farabor wrote:I find the comic mildly amusing, but a logical fail, since the logical chain is "stronger being true automatically implies weaker being true".


Actually I think it does if you allow the blasphemy of counting 1 as prime... ok, let's give the comic a bit of leeway there, otherwise I wouldn't have any reason to post the following:

  • If there are no numbers greater than 7, then every odd ("1", "3", "5", "7") would be prime.
  • if every odd number were prime, then every even number n over 2 would be the sum of two primes, namely (n-1) and "1".
  • If every even number over 2 is the sum of two primes, then every odd number n over 5 is the sum of "3" and any even number (which is already the sum of 2 primes).
  • Given all those odds over 5 and evens over 2, you can create any number over 7.
  • Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going.


The problem is Extremely strong does not imply extremely weak, in fact it implies the opposite....if there's no numbers over 7, they don't keep going!
(Silly pedant, I know.)

User avatar
Envelope Generator
Posts: 582
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:07 am UTC
Location: pareidolia

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Envelope Generator » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:18 pm UTC

The extremely strong hypothesis gives the extremely weak one a nice Samuel Beckett feel to it. Numbers keep going, keep going on, call that "going", call that "on", they must go on, they can't go on, they'll go on...
I'm going to step off the LEM now... here we are, Pismo Beach and all the clams we can eat

eSOANEM wrote:If Fonzie's on the order of 100 zeptokelvin, I think he has bigger problems than difracting through doors.

garaden
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:40 am UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby garaden » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:21 pm UTC

Farabor wrote:
bondsbw wrote:
Farabor wrote:I find the comic mildly amusing, but a logical fail, since the logical chain is "stronger being true automatically implies weaker being true".


Actually I think it does if you allow the blasphemy of counting 1 as prime... ok, let's give the comic a bit of leeway there, otherwise I wouldn't have any reason to post the following:

  • If there are no numbers greater than 7, then every odd ("1", "3", "5", "7") would be prime.
  • if every odd number were prime, then every even number n over 2 would be the sum of two primes, namely (n-1) and "1".
  • If every even number over 2 is the sum of two primes, then every odd number n over 5 is the sum of "3" and any even number (which is already the sum of 2 primes).
  • Given all those odds over 5 and evens over 2, you can create any number over 7.
  • Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going.


The problem is Extremely strong does not imply extremely weak, in fact it implies the opposite....if there's no numbers over 7, they don't keep going!
(Silly pedant, I know.)


Alice: "Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going."
Bob: "But that means there are numbers greater than 7!"
Alice: "There are no numbers greater than 7."
Bob: "But that means they don't 'keep going'!"
Alice: "Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going."
Mallory: "'Try to decrypt these messages,' they said. 'It'll be fun,' they said."

User avatar
Flumble
Yes Man
Posts: 2229
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:35 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby Flumble » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:31 pm UTC

garaden wrote:Alice: "Given that you can create any number over 7, they keep going."

I can't read "numbers keep going" in any way other than "there is a successor to every number", which means 7 has a successor which is over 7.


garaden wrote:Mallory: "'Try to decrypt these messages,' they said. 'It'll be fun,' they said."

I'm tempted to make an image macro of it. :P Just because.

jpvlsmv
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 pm UTC

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby jpvlsmv » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:50 pm UTC

Not to be confused with the [Rube] Goldberg Conjecture, which takes several hundred pages of text to assert that 2 is even.

User avatar
cellocgw
Posts: 2044
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:40 pm UTC

Re: All odd numbers are prime.

Postby cellocgw » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:43 pm UTC

Klear wrote:
Flumble wrote:
jc wrote:There were a lot more, but I've forgotten most of them. I wonder if they're collected somewhere on the Web ...

A quick search shows numerous collections, for example http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fun:Proof_that_all_odd_numbers_are_prime.


At some point the jokes start getting tired and obvious, but this one is great:

Right-wing chain email:[1]
A liberal professor at a famous university lectured his class on what numbers were and were not prime. He started out by saying that the odd numbers 3, 5, and 7 were prime, but went on to say that 9 was not. A certain student, disapproving of simply being told by an "expert" what was or was not prime, raised his hand and asked a question.
"You say 9 is not prime, correct?"
"Correct," replied the liberal professor, who did not like being questioned by his students who obviously were nowhere near as smart as he was.
"But 9 is the sum of 7 and 2, is it not?"
"It is" replied the professor.
The student continued "But 7 and 2 are both prime, so how can anything which is the result of adding two similar things together have traits different from those it is the result of without adding new information?"
The professor's jaw dropped at this, and he fled the classroom without a word. The remaining students cheered the logic of the brave student, and his willingness to stand up to liberal indoctrination.
The name of that student: Albert Einstein.


somehow I fail to see how including the words "liberal" , "expert" , or "indoctrination" add to this semijoke. Besides which, I rather doubt Einstein would ever have said anything so moronic. Consider, for example, adding NaOH to HCl .
https://app.box.com/witthoftresume
Former OTTer
Vote cellocgw for President 2020. #ScienceintheWhiteHouse http://cellocgw.wordpress.com
"The Planck length is 3.81779e-33 picas." -- keithl
" Earth weighs almost exactly π milliJupiters" -- what-if #146, note 7

User avatar
ucim
Posts: 6819
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:23 pm UTC
Location: The One True Thread

Re: 1310: Goldbach Conjectures

Postby ucim » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:58 pm UTC

cellocgw wrote:somehow I fail to see how including the words "liberal" , "expert" , or "indoctrination" add to this semijoke.
It doesn't; what it does do is reference a chain letter that follows this format pretty closely and has been going around to support some political point of view. It's an s/keyboard/leopard for an existing thing.

Jose
Order of the Sillies, Honoris Causam - bestowed by charlie_grumbles on NP 859 * OTTscar winner: Wordsmith - bestowed by yappobiscuts and the OTT on NP 1832 * Ecclesiastical Calendar of the Order of the Holy Contradiction * Heartfelt thanks from addams and from me - you really made a difference.


Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests