1663: "Garden"

This forum is for the individual discussion thread that goes with each new comic.

Moderators: Moderators General, Prelates, Magistrates

BlitzGirl
Location: Out of the basement for Yip 6! Schizoblitz: 115/2672 NP

Re: 1663: "Garden"

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:36 pm UTC

I now have a turtle sticking its head into a cactus, which looks very uncomfortable.

TheMinim wrote:I've got a SNAKE and now I'm very content. :D

Corinne! Image

mscha wrote:
karhell wrote:On a different note, am I the only one that finds the lack of sandcastles disturbing ?

Yes, that's just plain wrong.
There are plenty of molpies, though, that makes up for it a bit.

Well, first you need to be able to grow both a Megan and a Cueball. Then I assume sandcastles will appear as a result of that combination.
Knight Temporal of the One True Comic
BlitzGirl the Pink, Mopey Molpy Mome
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

moody7277

Postby moody7277 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:49 pm UTC

Update on the obelisk thing. It's actually an Atlantean obelisk that appears under the blue light.
The story of my life in xkcdmafia:

Tigerlion wrote:Well, I imagine as the game progresses, various people will be getting moody.

BoomFrog wrote:I still have no idea what town moody really looks like.

Heimhenge

Postby Heimhenge » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm UTC

Has anyone actually SEEN any objects appear? I only see changes when I return to that tab after reading the discussion on this tab (Firefox). Is it possible that the script senses when there's no focus on the garden tab, and only then adds things?

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm UTC

I wonder if the octopus is a reference to an Octopus's Garden

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:52 pm UTC

moody7277 wrote:Update on the obelisk thing. It's actually an Atlantean obelisk that appears under the blue light.

Mine appeared under the influence of a blue and green light combo.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:52 pm UTC

Heimhenge wrote:Has anyone actually SEEN any objects appear? I only see changes when I return to that tab after reading the discussion on this tab (Firefox). Is it possible that the script senses when there's no focus on the garden tab, and only then adds things?

I thought the same at first, but then saw Cueball actually appear at one point.

Sadly, even though Megan was already there too, they did not build a castle (at least before the tab reloaded).

I'm also finding that things are indeed slowing down as they day goes on. New things don't add/grow as fast as a few hours ago.
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

Psydekick

Postby Psydekick » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:52 pm UTC

Heimhenge wrote:Has anyone actually SEEN any objects appear? I only see changes when I return to that tab after reading the discussion on this tab (Firefox). Is it possible that the script senses when there's no focus on the garden tab, and only then adds things?

I have it open on the top half of my second monitor which is vertical. My octopus showed up while I was working on email tickets on my other monitor.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:56 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:I thought the same at first, but then saw Cueball actually appear at one point.

Sadly, even though Megan was already there too, they did not build a castle (at least before the tab reloaded).

Bummer. I'm finding it difficult to Wait for it relax because the spinning tree keeps reappearing and resetting my garden. :?
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

belliott4488

Postby belliott4488 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:00 pm UTC

Has anyone else gotten Beret Guy? He's apparently having a soak in the little pond on the left, in the company of an octopus. Blue light in that area.

I've also got a huge tree that keeps growing more branches and leaves. It looks like there are a couple of horizontal beams in there, too - maybe a tree house in the making?
xkcd_garden01.png

tmcd

Postby tmcd » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:01 pm UTC

I tried three lights, first with some overlap, now with none.
Leftmost all the way to the blue side: no growth.
Middle kept in the middle (white): trees, grass, a torii gate / pavilion (?), some sort of tall spike thing.
Right all the way to the red side: a couple of cacti and a leafless twisted treelike thing.

At 9:30 it reset to the initial state.

I haven't been watching when vegetation appears. Is it sudden or does it grow over time?

belliott4488

Postby belliott4488 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:02 pm UTC

Yep - I've been messing with the tree, highlighting the different sets of branches and leaves, and seen a new set of leaves pop into existence.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:03 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
kenmelken wrote:I thought the same at first, but then saw Cueball actually appear at one point.

Bummer. I'm finding it difficult to Wait for it relax because the spinning tree keeps reappearing and resetting my garden. :?

I was having the same problem until I created a bookmark for it, though I think now I'm having the problem that nothing is growing anymore, and there isn't much there right now. =/
In Svithjod, there stands a rock. It is 100 miles high and 100 miles wide. Once every 1000 years a little bird comes to this rock to sharpen its beak. One time, I changed just the last sentence of this signature, and lots of you noticed. Image

rmsgrey

Postby rmsgrey » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:03 pm UTC

A cactus popped up while I was doing something in another window on my other screen - the change drew my attention, so I'm pretty sure I caught it. Though the garden reset after a while, so I stopped bothering.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:10 pm UTC

I'll have to try that bookmark trick. I keep losing my gardens.

Megan with arms raised just appeared at the intersection of blue, green, and yellow light. Maybe she thinks it's a rave?

Redundant spoiler for holding image upload:
Spoiler:
GardenMeganRave.png

Irrelevant to this thread
The following are xkcd comics not hosted on xkcd. Uploaded in this spoiler for forum-based preservation.
Congratulations, random forumite. You've found a hidden stash!

2007AprilFool242b.jpg
Amazon-AuthorPortrait.jpg
Amazon-AuthorPortrait.jpg (8.1 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
BillGates-WorldPolioDay.png
CBC-ChildhoodSketch.jpg
DinosaurComics-ZenosParadox.png
EFF-Superhero.png
EFF-Superhero.png (9.04 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
FanSketch-DavidBowie.jpg
FanSketch-KWCshapes.jpg
FanSketch-KWCshapesOverlay.jpg
FanSketch-SquidDetector.jpg
Harcourt-BodyBags.png
IBM-Conservation.png
IBM-EmailingScans.png
IBM-PatientHistory.png
IBM-PatientHistory.png (20.43 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
IBM-Prescriptions.png
JCCC3-CrazyWaterHouse.jpg
MyMIT-Predictions.jpg
NewYorker-OldPeopleInternet.jpg
NewYorker-StringTheory.jpg
NewYorker-Year1999.jpg
NewYorker-FavoriteAnimal.jpg
Overcompensating-MathProblem.png
Palm-PunchlineContestB.jpg
PaulAndStorm-BallPitAlbum.jpg
Penguin-TheWellsEndCover.png
Shelfari01.jpg
Shelfari02.jpg
Shelfari03.jpg
Shelfari04.jpg
Shelfari05.jpg
Shelfari06.jpg
Shelfari06.jpg (7.93 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Shelfari07.jpg
Shelfari08.jpg
Time-ResearchProcess.jpg
Time-IsXKCDart.jpg
Time-ResearchMethods.jpg
Time-CanYouDrawPeople.jpg
Time-FavoriteThings.jpg
Time-Gyroscopes.jpg
Time-ScaryQuery.jpg
Time-OtherHobby.jpg
Wired01.jpg
Wired02.jpg
Wired03.jpg
Wired04.jpg
Wired05.jpg
Wired06.jpg
Wired07.jpg
Wired08.jpg
Wired09.jpg
Wired10.jpg
Wired11.jpg
Wired12.jpg
Wired13.jpg
Wired14.jpg
Wired14.jpg
Wired15.jpg
Wired16.jpg
Wired17.jpg
Wired18.jpg
Wired19.jpg
Wondermark-Michaelangelo.jpg
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri May 20, 2016 10:27 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

ThemePark

Postby ThemePark » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:14 pm UTC

Bookmarking isn't necessary though, just refresh the page as mentioned earlier and the garden will come right back, Obelix and everything.
I have traveled from 1979 to be a member of the unofficial board Council of Elders. Phear M3

mfc

Postby mfc » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 pm UTC

I've never got anything other than a vacillating tree with 'Loading ...'. Tried several times today. Broken :-(

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:17 pm UTC

ThemePark wrote:Bookmarking isn't necessary though, just refresh the page as mentioned earlier and the garden will come right back, Obelix and everything.

That doesn't seem to work for me. I don't know why.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

belliott4488

Postby belliott4488 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:24 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:
ThemePark wrote:Bookmarking isn't necessary though, just refresh the page as mentioned earlier and the garden will come right back, Obelix and everything.

Someone in an earlier post said that the browser's "Back" button would take you back to the previous state of the garden. I haven't tried it, since mine seems to be pretty stable, and I don't want to jinx it.

HES

Postby HES » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:25 pm UTC

mfc wrote:I've never got anything other than a vacillating tree with 'Loading ...'. Tried several times today. Broken :-(

Your garden must have been lost to the earlier fire.
He/Him/His Image

taixzo

Postby taixzo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:37 pm UTC

The tree seems to sway gently in the wind. Treeish!
BlitzGirl the Next
BlitzGirl the Fast
Knight Temporal
Bringer of the Light

Useless utilities: Newpix clock for Mac OS, Newpix clock for Ubuntu

Sandgarden - a relaxing experience for Time Waiters

Best wishes to GnomeAnne, Vytron, ColletArrow and january1may! One day you will all join me in the Present!

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:39 pm UTC

Woah. I only just realized that you can trim items you don't want out of your garden. Did I miss an earlier post about that somehow or was that already general knowledge?

If you click on an object, you can delete it with the Red "X" button.

This may also give you a clue of something that may appear soon that may be so "small" it hasn't shown up yet: if you click around at random, the red selection circle sometimes shows up over a patch of nothing, possibly detailing where the computer has already decided to "place" something but it hasn't appeared yet.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:41 pm UTC

belliott4488 wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:

Someone in an earlier post said that the browser's "Back" button would take you back to the previous state of the garden. I haven't tried it, since mine seems to be pretty stable, and I don't want to jinx it.

This also didn't work for me in Chrome. Neither Back or Refresh brings back the garden, which seems to reload itself independent of the page. When I try a bookmark, the bookmark doesn't save the current state of my garden. The garden resets and the bookmark reflects that.

I'm trying a garden in Firefox, too, and so far it seems stable. But I just keep growing... rocks.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Link

Postby Link » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:53 pm UTC

BlitzGirl wrote:I'm trying a garden in Firefox, too, and so far it seems stable. But I just keep growing... rocks.

Yeah, it's still barren after quite a while. I'll
Spoiler:
a bit longer, but I'm starting to think it's broken on Firefox.

The_Alchemist

Postby The_Alchemist » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:57 pm UTC

Sadness :cry: :cry:

I only get lights in Firefox and Chrome. I have to go to IE (which is just WRONG) to get any ground at all. And my land is totally barren.

This is a totally cruel joke.

Much much sadness. I want to play too (pout)

help? please?

belliott4488

Postby belliott4488 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:05 pm UTC

The_Alchemist wrote:Sadness :cry: :cry:

I only get lights in Firefox and Chrome. I have to go to IE (which is just WRONG) to get any ground at all. And my land is totally barren.

This is a totally cruel joke.

Much much sadness. I want to play too (pout)

help? please?

Are you all using this link, provided in a much earlier comment? http://linden.xkcd.com/

I'm using that in Chrome with no apparent problems.

Link

Postby Link » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:08 pm UTC

Link wrote:
BlitzGirl wrote:I'm trying a garden in Firefox, too, and so far it seems stable. But I just keep growing... rocks.

Yeah, it's still barren after quite a while. I'll
Spoiler:
a bit longer, but I'm starting to think it's broken on Firefox.
Oh hey, I got a turtle! Yay!

javboy

Postby javboy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:12 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:Woah. I only just realized that you can trim items you don't want out of your garden. Did I miss an earlier post about that somehow or was that already general knowledge?

If you click on an object, you can delete it with the Red "X" button.

This may also give you a clue of something that may appear soon that may be so "small" it hasn't shown up yet: if you click around at random, the red selection circle sometimes shows up over a patch of nothing, possibly detailing where the computer has already decided to "place" something but it hasn't appeared yet.

seems like there might be an object limit, i stopped getting new things for an hour or so, then i removed some weeds and now i have a cat resting on my deer!

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:17 pm UTC

javboy wrote:
seems like there might be an object limit, i stopped getting new things for an hour or so, then i removed some weeds and now i have a cat resting on my deer!

Cool. I just tried trimming a few things too, as I haven't had any growth for quite a while. I'll see if I get anything new!

Chthonic One

Postby Chthonic One » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:18 pm UTC

http://forums.xkcd.com/ucp.php?mode=activate&u=606752&k=2JPGRJ7O
Some highlights, I have an Octopus with a HAT!, there's a turtle behind a rock on the right. A girl and a rabbit on two different desks.

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:30 pm UTC

kenmelken wrote:
javboy wrote:

Cool. I just tried trimming a few things too, as I haven't had any growth for quite a while. I'll see if I get anything new!

Sure enough! Just got a cat and another turtle a few minutes after trimming some things.

Trimming is good for your garden!

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:34 pm UTC

I'm not sure what the far left side of my garden is doing. What is that, a ground-cactus? And somehow that rock seems to have gotten aroused...

Spoiler:
GardenArousedRock.png

The following are xkcd comics from the blag. Uploaded in this spoiler for forum-based linking.

Blag-Airplane01.png
Blag-Airplane01.png (8.15 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Airplane02.png
Blag-Airplane02.png (8.85 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Airplane03.png
Blag-Airplane03.png (11.25 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Asteroid4942Munroe.png
Blag-Asteroid4942Munroe.png (7.07 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-BallPitRules.jpg
Blag-BallPitRules.jpg (64.96 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-BookTour.png
Blag-Date1.png
Blag-Date1.png (5.98 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Date2.png
Blag-Date2.png (6.68 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Date3.png
Blag-Date3.png (7.95 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Date4.png
Blag-Date4.png (4.14 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Date5.png
Blag-Laser01.png
Blag-Laser01.png (8.31 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Laser02.png
Blag-Laser02.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Laser03.png
Blag-Laser04.png
Blag-Laser04.png (5.71 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Laser05.png
Blag-Laser05.png (10.35 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Laser06.png
Blag-Laser06.png (8.72 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Laser07.png
Blag-Laser07.png (4.85 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-MidnightUnderwaterChess.png
Blag-MidnightUnderwaterChess.png (7.25 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-MississippiRiver.png
Blag-SimpleWordsBook.png
Blag-SimpleWordsBook.png (30.27 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard01.png
Blag-Skateboard01.png (6.23 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard02.png
Blag-Skateboard03.png
Blag-Skateboard03.png (4.78 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard04.png
Blag-Skateboard04.png (8.14 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard05.png
Blag-Skateboard05.png (10.49 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard06.png
Blag-Skateboard06.png (10.11 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard07.png
Blag-Skateboard07.png (9.51 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Skateboard08.png
Blag-Skateboard08.png (8.73 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Sled1.png
Blag-Sled1.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Sled2.png
Blag-Sled2.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Sled3.png
Blag-Sled3.png (2.73 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-UKmap.png
Blag-Urinal1.png
Blag-Urinal1.png (4.66 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Urinal2.png
Blag-Urinal2.png (5.91 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Urinal3.png
Blag-Urinal3.png (9.25 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Urinal4.png
Blag-Urinal4.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Urinal5.png
Blag-Urinal5.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Urinal6.png
Blag-Urinal7.png
Blag-Urinal7.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Urinal8.png
Blag-Urinal8.png (3.91 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-WhatIfBookAnnouncement.png
Blag-WhatIfBookAnnouncement.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-WhatIfPreOrder.png
Blag-WhatIfPreOrder.png (13.82 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Blag-Whiteboard.jpg
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri May 20, 2016 10:32 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

melbrod

Postby melbrod » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:44 pm UTC

I seem to have a black thumb--though I did get a tuft of grass once. It figures; weeds are all that grow in my garden at home too.

grkvlt

Postby grkvlt » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:46 pm UTC

KylieZDM wrote:First time poster, finally signed on. Hello. Hope I finally figured out the posting images thing okay.

Wait, I always thought you're not supposed to be able to post images until your post count is over three (?) or similar, certainly not on your first post. Is this a change to the rules, or a bug in the forum?
distributed systems hacker abstract visitor pattern {{citation-needed}}

Chthonic One

Postby Chthonic One » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:48 pm UTC

grkvlt wrote:
KylieZDM wrote:First time poster, finally signed on. Hello. Hope I finally figured out the posting images thing okay.

Wait, I always thought you're not supposed to be able to post images until your post count is over three (?) or similar, certainly not on your first post. Is this a change to the rules, or a bug in the forum?

Maybe a moderator has to approve it? It is a comment in a thread for a comic that will be different for each person, so I don't see why they would restrict a single image of it.

I know mine is still waiting on approval, but I had to give an imgur link.

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:00 pm UTC

My Chrome garden has gotten rather dramatic.

"Watch out!" Megan cried to the rabbit. "There's a snake RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"
Meanwhile, UFOs began silently approaching the obelisk...

Spoiler:
GardenUFOsSnake.png

The following are smileys for stable forum use.

639s enthusiastic clap.gif
639s enthusiastic clap.gif (1.45 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
640s miniclap.gif
640s miniclap.gif (1.42 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
641s peace signs.gif
641s peace signs.gif (846 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
642s color swap.gif
642s color swap.gif (631 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
643s holding balloons.gif
643s holding balloons.gif (700 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
644s seaish firework.gif
644s seaish firework.gif (31.13 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
646s banana eating.gif
646s banana eating.gif (3.41 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
647s seaish snake.gif
647s seaish snake.gif (969 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
648s happy sandcastle.gif
648s happy sandcastle.gif (9.47 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
649s confettiness.gif
649s confettiness.gif (1.31 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
650s flamingo.gif
650s flamingo.gif (174 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
651s explosion.gif
651s explosion.gif (1.38 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
652s hat balloon.gif
652s hat balloon.gif (13.57 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
653s tomato dance.gif
653s tomato dance.gif (1.32 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
654s circling foxmolpy.gif
654s circling foxmolpy.gif (7.86 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
655s riverish hattip.gif
655s riverish hattip.gif (1.41 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
656s car drive.gif
656s car drive.gif (2.25 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
657s fly moving.gif
657s fly moving.gif (3.5 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
658s fly in place.gif
658s fly in place.gif (326 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
659s tit.gif
659s tit.gif (610 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
660s turtlemolpy.gif
660s turtlemolpy.gif (10.73 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
661s raise hand.gif
661s raise hand.gif (13.38 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
662s tear drip.gif
662s tear drip.gif (1.52 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
663s ohno.gif
663s ohno.gif (975 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
665s calvin.gif
665s calvin.gif (208 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
666s more pope.gif
666s more pope.gif (1 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
667s eyepopping.gif
667s eyepopping.gif (753 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
668s dalmatian.gif
668s dalmatian.gif (1.8 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
669s sandwich.png
669s sandwich.png (1.04 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
671s whew.gif
671s whew.gif (4.7 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
672s polar bearaptormolp.gif
672s polar bearaptormolp.gif (391 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
673s green molpysnake.png
673s green molpysnake.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
674s baby chirpychick.gif
674s baby chirpychick.gif (159 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
675s penguin jumprope.gif
675s penguin jumprope.gif (877 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
677s hit wall.gif
677s hit wall.gif (1.32 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
678s on ice.gif
678s on ice.gif (9.56 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
679s gingercat.png
679s gingercat.png (1.14 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
680s chuckle.gif
680s chuckle.gif (1.12 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
681s hat party.gif
681s hat party.gif (21.96 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
682s party ears.gif
682s party ears.gif (2.71 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
683s hamply flipped.gif
683s hamply flipped.gif (1.01 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
684s air guitar.gif
684s air guitar.gif (938 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
685s sing note.gif
685s sing note.gif (117 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
686s running.gif
686s running.gif (1.25 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
687s happy run.gif
687s happy run.gif (4.8 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
688s hamply slide.gif
688s hamply slide.gif (10.19 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
689s watch.png
689s watch.png (516 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
690s star.gif
690s star.gif (1.16 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
691s kermit.gif
691s kermit.gif (247 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
692s mushroom.gif
692s mushroom.gif (14.04 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
693s randallraptor.gif
693s randallraptor.gif (4.07 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
694s weasel.gif
694s weasel.gif (3.55 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
695s xmas tree.gif
695s xmas tree.gif (329 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
696s guitarist.gif
696s guitarist.gif (960 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
697s mario.gif
697s mario.gif (18.67 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
698s happy bounce.gif
698s happy bounce.gif (840 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
699s aww.gif
699s aww.gif (146 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
700s eat ice cream.gif
700s eat ice cream.gif (3.05 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
701s seaish spiral.gif
701s seaish spiral.gif (30.33 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
702s hotdog dance.gif
702s hotdog dance.gif (1.81 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
703s hotdog.gif
703s hotdog.gif (139 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
704s eyeball.gif
704s eyeball.gif (1.31 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
705s trebuchet.gif
705s trebuchet.gif (39.23 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

Keyman

Postby Keyman » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:10 pm UTC

My IE Garden has three Cueball images, and seven, yes *seven*, octopuses.
Nothing could be more ill-judged than that intolerant spirit which has, at all times, characterized political parties. - A. Hamilton

BlitzGirl

Postby BlitzGirl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:19 pm UTC

Meanwhile, in Chrome garden #2, I have grown MEGAN, DEFENDER OF RABBITS:

Also my resetting problem seems to have abated, at least for now.

Spoiler:
GardenDefenderOfRabbits.png

The following are smileys for stable forum use.

709s hamply walk.gif
709s hamply walk.gif (975 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
710s toast.gif
710s toast.gif (2.77 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
711s bike icon.gif
711s bike icon.gif (644 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
712s gray pricklymolp.gif
712s gray pricklymolp.gif (1000 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
713s santa wave.gif
713s santa wave.gif (1.03 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
714s black crow.gif
714s black crow.gif (1.03 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
715s large cursor.gif
715s large cursor.gif (140 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
716s happy banananana.gif
716s happy banananana.gif (159 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
717s skilled bananadance.gif
717s skilled bananadance.gif (60.08 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
718s bright idea.gif
718s bright idea.gif (1.15 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
719s happy run.gif
719s happy run.gif (3.97 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
720s chirping cricket.gif
720s chirping cricket.gif (2.85 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
721s beecatcher.gif
721s beecatcher.gif (3.38 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
722s duel.gif
722s duel.gif (5.75 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
723s angel baby.gif
723s angel baby.gif (493 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
724s hamply balloon.gif
724s hamply balloon.gif (1.29 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
725s groundhog.gif
725s groundhog.gif (2.11 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
726s hamply wiggle.gif
726s hamply wiggle.gif (651 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
727s squirpy run.gif
727s squirpy run.gif (2.81 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
728s mousepy.gif
728s mousepy.gif (2.02 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
729s bear spin.gif
729s bear spin.gif (5.29 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
730s molemolpy.gif
730s molemolpy.gif (4.33 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
731s hamply line.gif
731s hamply line.gif (5.88 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
732s hamply line hats.gif
732s hamply line hats.gif (8.43 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
733s baby blocks.gif
733s baby blocks.gif (1.99 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
734s bike rider.gif
734s bike rider.gif (1.63 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
735s raptorcheetah.gif
735s raptorcheetah.gif (15.04 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
736s duckling row.gif
736s duckling row.gif (7.77 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
737s chirpysong.gif
737s chirpysong.gif (3.51 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
738s chirpy fly.gif
738s chirpy fly.gif (474 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
739s randall raptor.gif
739s randall raptor.gif (4.07 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
740s baldraptor.gif
740s baldraptor.gif (16 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
741s quackmolpy row small.gif
741s quackmolpy row small.gif (2.58 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
742s quackmolpy row left.gif
742s quackmolpy row left.gif (2.6 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
743s quackmolpy toy row.gif
743s quackmolpy toy row.gif (750 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
744s rainbow castle.gif
744s rainbow castle.gif (6.36 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
745s castle tower.gif
745s castle tower.gif (9.42 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
746s flutterbee pink.gif
746s flutterbee pink.gif (663 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
747s lone quackmolp.gif
747s lone quackmolp.gif (638 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
748s raptorhen.gif
748s raptorhen.gif (889 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
749s xmas tree.gif
749s xmas tree.gif (3.78 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
750s redundakitty box.gif
750s redundakitty box.gif (23.92 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
751s shiny bag.gif
751s shiny bag.gif (11.73 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
752s email.gif
752s email.gif (15.01 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
753s weinerwolp.gif
753s weinerwolp.gif (583 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
754s SBN wolp.gif
754s SBN wolp.gif (4.22 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
755s greendot.gif
755s greendot.gif (995 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
756s orangedot.gif
756s orangedot.gif (224 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
757s reddot.gif
757s reddot.gif (462 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
758s molephant.gif
758s molephant.gif (2.13 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
759s summonus.gif
759s summonus.gif (7.07 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
760s wand.gif
760s wand.gif (717 Bytes) Viewed 5212 times
761s woolpies.gif
761s woolpies.gif (6.58 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
762s jogger.gif
762s jogger.gif (2.84 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
763s fish.gif
763s fish.gif (4.24 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
764s orange fish.gif
764s orange fish.gif (3.95 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
765s beesnake hop.gif
765s beesnake hop.gif (13.39 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
766s flower.gif
766s flower.gif (1.21 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
767s greengrapes.gif
767s greengrapes.gif (10.53 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
768s grapes spin.gif
768s grapes spin.gif (21 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
769s grape switch.gif
769s grape switch.gif (18.86 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
770s ribbit.gif
770s ribbit.gif (3.98 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
771s large grapevine.gif
771s large grapevine.gif (26.84 KiB) Viewed 5212 times
Last edited by BlitzGirl on Fri May 20, 2016 11:20 pm UTC, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Image<Profile
~.Image~.FAQ->Image

kenmelken

Postby kenmelken » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:21 pm UTC

Keyman wrote:My IE Garden has three Cueball images, and seven, yes *seven*, octopuses.

Must be using lots of blue light!

Also, the Cueballs are actually Octopuses/Octopi too. In fact, all things that grow here are:

http://xkcd.com/928/

Febrion

Postby Febrion » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:23 pm UTC

This would be a wononederful screensaver - set up your lamps, and maybe add some other controls, throw3 in some water1190 sources, then sit back and relaxrun. I've certainly stared at less interesting screensavers for way too long in the past...

1or wowterful
"THROW" not "THREE"I literally wouldn't recommend literally throwing water at your screen.
Timeor various other liquids
Wrong commandmentWait for it

ETA:
p.p.s. Haven't seen it mentioned before, but the comic page now has the advice10000 "Protip: If you don't like how your garden is growing, you can click to prune it."

1053That every one1knows by now
wonAnd everyone
Temporal Knight Sir Junction, Lord of the Sawtooth Snap
Time flies like a River, sand flies like a Trebuchét

Djehutynakht

Postby Djehutynakht » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:30 pm UTC

I can't fathom how you people are getting all of these wonderful things. The most interesting thing yet I've gotten is a birdbath that sprouted a tuft of grass.

Return to “Individual XKCD Comic Threads”